Gamechanger: Obama rocks America with speech everyone’s heard 50 times before; Update: Panned by … MSNBC?

posted at 4:41 pm on June 14, 2012 by Allahpundit

It took 54 agonizing minutes, the only silver lining of which is that the RNC will have plenty of material for the inevitable “you’ve heard this all before” ad tomorrow.

You’ve heard this all before:

Yes, there have been fierce arguments throughout our history between both parties about the exact size and role of government, some honest disagreements. But in the decades after World War II there was a general consensus that the market couldn’t solve all of our problems on its own; that we needed certain investments to give hard-working Americans skills they needed to get a good job and entrepreneurs the platforms they needed to create good jobs; and we needed consumer protections that made American products safe and American markets sound.

OBAMA: In the last century, this consensus, this shared vision led to the strongest economic growth and the largest middle class that the world has ever known. It led to a shared prosperity.

It is this vision that has guided all my economic policies during my first term as president, whether in the design of a health care law that relies on private insurance or an approach to Wall Street reform that encourages financial innovation, but guards against reckless risk-taking.

It’s this vision that Democrats and Republicans used to share, that Mr. Romney and the current Republican Congress have rejected in favor of a no-holds-barred government-is-the-enemy market-is-everything approach.

Follow the last link for more on how Republicans have chosen to abandon our American family by embracing a draconian small-government ethos that led them to nominate, uh, George W. Bush and Mitt Romney. If you watched his dreary budget speech in April or any of his thousand speeches on the Buffett Rule that’s predictably gone nowhere legislatively (and wasn’t designed to do otherwise), then your bases are mostly covered. This is worth flagging, though:

Now, these challenges are not new. We’ve been wrestling with these issues for a long time. The problems we’re facing right now have been more than a decade in the making.

And what is holding us back is not a lack of big ideas. It isn’t a matter of finding the right technical solution. Both parties have laid out their policies on the table for all to see.

What’s holding us back is a stalemate in Washington between two fundamentally different views of which direction America should take. And this election is your chance to break that stalemate.

As BuzzFeed reminds us, the only way the stalemate’s going to be broken is if Democrats take back the House, and pretty much no one thinks Democrats are going to take back the House. So this is his new pitch, per the “clash of competing visions” theme: It’s not enough to re-elect The One, we need to give him a mandate — and a blue Congress, presumably — on top of it. Interesting idea. If only he’d had a landslide win and a Democratic Congress before, imagine all the wonderful things he could have done for America.

Via Greg Hengler, it’s mandate time.

Update: Via Mediaite, I don’t get it. What’s wrong with a dull, repetitive 54-minute speech delivered by a guy whose numbers seem to dip every time he’s on TV for too long?

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

President Harvard Brainiac gave his speech today with his trusty teleprompter. Romney the stupid rich guy spoke off the cuff without stammering.

Mitt will destroy Obama in the debates.

fogw on June 14, 2012 at 6:50 PM

He really does do whatever it says: Liberal Media Slams

slickwillie2001 on June 14, 2012 at 7:32 PM

My word, there certainly is a lot of interest in what I’m doing at every hour of the day. You all do realize that some of us have things to do outside of debating on this blog right?

libfreeordie on June 14, 2012 at 7:33 PM

Obama is a socialist

Romney is not

There’s the choice in 2012

Key West Reader on June 14, 2012 at 7:34 PM

libfreeordie on June 14, 2012 at 7:33 PM

I for one enjoy your banter. I know you enjoy the attention that you get from all. So it’s even steven.

Stick around. You might learn a thing or two.

Key West Reader on June 14, 2012 at 7:37 PM

That’s a clown speech bro.

waterytart on June 14, 2012 at 5:53 PM

+ 100..:)

Dire Straits on June 14, 2012 at 7:40 PM

Pic of the Day: Tingles Sucks

M2RB: Dave Matthews live

(Bishop, you actually DON’T have to listen to the music; however, I did just put up the Stones live in Amsterdam playing Gimme Shelter)

Resist We Much on June 14, 2012 at 7:41 PM

What I hear from most of the people I know is that they no longer listen to or watch Obama’s speeches. He just says the same thing in different words and upsets their stomachs. I feel the same way. He should just let the teleprompter give the speech. He must truly think that the American people are so stupid he has to repeat the same losing thoughts again and again until they finally figure out he is right and they will actually work instead of being the failure they have shown themselves to be.

lukjuj on June 14, 2012 at 7:41 PM

“health care law that relies on private insurance”

What a whopper!! OK, health care relies on private insurance. But if government mandates what private insurance can or cannot provide, then how is that private insurance??????????????????

Hmmmmm?

Lying sack of you know what.

Government relies on the voters, and so hopefully the voters are on to your scam of hoax and chains.

BMF on June 14, 2012 at 7:44 PM

Nobody fainted?

de rigueur on June 14, 2012 at 7:25 PM

They were not even clapping in the places where TOTUS stopped for it. Which made for awkward pauses.

Happy Nomad on June 14, 2012 at 7:48 PM

Hope and Meh…

Punchenko on June 14, 2012 at 7:48 PM

I didn’t know Baghdad Bob was writing Obie’s speeches now!!..:)

Dire Straits on June 14, 2012 at 7:49 PM

Stick around. You might learn a thing or two.

Key West Reader on June 14, 2012 at 7:37 PM

This is where I link to that Sally Field 1985 Oscar speech for Places in the Heart (wherein she chewed the scenery till it was as shredded and bloody as the hands of the sharecroppers she employed). ;)

libfreeordie on June 14, 2012 at 7:51 PM

libfreeordie on June 14, 2012 at 7:51 PM

Okay!

Key West Reader on June 14, 2012 at 7:55 PM

This comment reminds me of when I was in an audience where Chuck Yeager was supposed to speak. He came on the stage and pushed the play button on his video (available for purchase). No Q and A afterward. I get the same vibe from an Obama speech.

Happy Nomad on June 14, 2012 at 7:56 PM

ROFLMAO

Chrissy interviewing liberal hack Carl Bernstein and republican traitor John Dean about evil Nixon on the 40th anniversary of the Watergate breakin.

You would think Nixon was Pol Pot and Obama was Mother Theresa. The former tried to coverup trying to get the skinny on what Democrats had in store for him in the upcoming election and the latter can’t open his mouth without lying and has been systematically trying to destroy America.

Way to report on the bigger story Tingles.

fogw on June 14, 2012 at 8:00 PM

libfreeordie on June 14, 2012 at 7:51 PM

All well and good but some of us really don’t like you. ;)

Happy Nomad on June 14, 2012 at 8:03 PM

Is the anchorbabe, Tamron Hall, on Obama’s reelection campaign staff? Sure sounded like it.

JackBurtonJr on June 14, 2012 at 8:11 PM

Breaking News

A major coup for Barry,

bayview on June 14, 2012 at 7:29 PM

SANDRA FLUKE ENDORSES OBAMA

An audacious old coed named Fluke
Got a call from the Prez for her pluck
When she lugged to the Hill
A HUGE birth control bill
And said, “Pay this before I get stuck!”

There was old coed named Fluke,
Whom Obama rang up to wish luck,
“Your parents are thrilled
To learn you’re so skilled
To need condoms brought in by the truck.”

His campaign seemed ’bout ready to drown
When Obama heard Fluke was in town.
“She’ll endorse me, ” said he,
“She’s a daughter to me.
And I hear she goes all the way down.

de rigueur on June 14, 2012 at 8:13 PM

Nobody fainted?

de rigueur on June 14, 2012 at 7:25 PM

Happy Nomad on June 14, 2012 at 7:48 PM

Surprised that he didn’t faint.

de rigueur on June 14, 2012 at 8:16 PM

libfreeordie on June 14, 2012 at 7:33 PM

The ultimate goal of every narcissist troll.

farsighted on June 14, 2012 at 8:19 PM

Pookie gives a better speech after he’s choomed the lowrider.

CorporatePiggy on June 14, 2012 at 8:28 PM

Happy Nomad on June 14, 2012 at 7:48 PM

Totus was bored with Potus, too. It decided to mess with him. It kept inserting (pause for applause) just for the fun of it. Obama’s neck got a good workout, too, bouncing back and forth but oddly, never forward.

Fallon on June 14, 2012 at 8:40 PM

All derision aside, thank whoever/whatever you believe that this clown is so transparently inept.

Sir Napsalot on June 14, 2012 at 8:41 PM

Obama is a socialist

Romney is not

There’s the choice in 2012

Key West Reader on June 14, 2012 at 7:34 PM

No choice, because Romney is a socialist every bit as much as Obama.

rickv404 on June 14, 2012 at 8:58 PM

Isn’t

Mandate!

Kind of an overused double entendre when it comes to teasers for an article about Barry Sotereo?

LegendHasIt on June 14, 2012 at 9:00 PM

No choice, because Romney is a socialist every bit as much as Obama.

rickv404 on June 14, 2012 at 8:58 PM

Oh lookie. another little man from the kiddie table wants to play grown up.

Aren’t you just so precious.

cozmo on June 14, 2012 at 9:02 PM

Landslide.

Tim_CA on June 14, 2012 at 9:02 PM

Bahahahaha!!

Check it out:

Liberals Dump All Over Obama’s Speech, Beg Him to Stop Talking in Tweets during the Speech!

mountainaires on June 14, 2012 at 9:02 PM

No choice, because Romney is a socialist every bit as much as Obama.
rickv404 on June 14, 2012 at 8:58 PM

Oh lookie. another little man from the kiddie table wants to play grown up.

Aren’t you just so precious.
cozmo on June 14, 2012 at 9:02 PM

Yeah, because Romney isn’t half the socialist 0bama is.,,,

Well, yeah….maybe half.

LegendHasIt on June 14, 2012 at 9:06 PM

The problem with the speech is that it is too professorial. And I say that as someone who *gives* lectures for a living. A great lecture isn’t about philosiphising (even in a philosophy class). Here’s how Obama can still give a “lecture” without lecturing.

One just state, in really plain English the argument of the lecture. “OK folks today, I’m going to cut right to the chase. In this economy we don’t have time for high flying phrases and reaching for the skies. We need to assess the situation and propose solutions to problems, and that’s what I’m going to do. Today’s talk argues that the Democrats have a stronger plan for how to solve what’s ailing our economy. To demonstrate that, I’m going to go through three examples that demonstrate the flaws in the GOP’s approach to the economy and that could be fixed with mine.”

Then you go through Examples 1, 2, and 3. His rhetorical skills should be used to illustrate the examples, not to set them up with a long boring history of America as written by Howard Zinn. However valid his historical arguments are (and there’s room to debate) they are BORING and no one cares. A great lecture doesn’t “try” to make a point, it just makes it: powerfully and persuasively through the use of evidence and data.

This is also why I’d like Presdential candidates to start using power point in speeches and even have “slides” on the ready during the presidential debates. My ideal world has a candidate make a claim during a debate and then say “go to slide x please” and the data point comes up. And of course, there’s no need for the fact checkers to parse the statement, they could instead, parse the data. But yeah, the soundbite media would never allow it, and to few candidates are smart enough about the issues to use it, oh well.

All of that said, I doubt the Obama administration would ever take on my suggestion for re-making the President’s speaking style, they are too convinced of his rhetorical genius.

libfreeordie on June 14, 2012 at 9:06 PM

Yeah, because Romney isn’t half the socialist 0bama is.,,,

Well, yeah….maybe half.

LegendHasIt on June 14, 2012 at 9:06 PM

Well, it takes a socialist to know a socialist. libfreeordie thinks Romney is an evil capitalist. And libfreeordie knows socialism. Everything else, not so much.

Are you a socialist, or just a half socialist?

cozmo on June 14, 2012 at 9:13 PM

The problem with the speech is that it is too professorial.
libfreeordie on June 14, 2012 at 9:06 PM

Uh, no. The problem is that it’s a re-hash of the same speech he’s given since Day 1 of his Presidency.

Good Solid B-Plus on June 14, 2012 at 9:15 PM

You know better than that. I’ve been here since HA day one and my conservative bona fides are well known.

You Mittens Kittens need to keep telling yourselves that Romney is a great conservative to keep from buyers remorse if ot outright despair That’s fine. I understand that some people have to lie to themselves rather than give up hope for the future.

LegendHasIt on June 14, 2012 at 9:22 PM

Did anyone else post this or just Breitbart?

Today, President Obama celebrated Father’s Day the same way he celebrates every day: by eating his fill, then sticking someone else with the tab. Hanging out with two service members and two barbers at Kenny’s BBQ in Washington, D.C., Obama enjoyed pork ribs with hot sauce, greens, red beans, cornbread, and the works. The total bill was some $55.58. Obama ran out before paying.

After his big speech telling about the republicans running out on a tab and leaving him with it!!!!

Bambi on June 14, 2012 at 9:23 PM

LegendHasIt on June 14, 2012 at 9:22 PM

Nope, those that have legitimate problems with Romney are easy to tell from the ABR’s who grasp at any attack to turn on the guy.

As for being a Mitten kitten, that’s funny. Real HA old timers know I’m anything but any kind of kitten, or a Romney fluffer.

cozmo on June 14, 2012 at 9:26 PM

cozmo on June 14, 2012 at 9:02 PM

Well, aren’t you the precocious little sh1tbag today? Yes you are, yes you are! *pinches your sh1tfilled cheeks*

Midas on June 14, 2012 at 9:27 PM

LegendHasIt on June 14, 2012 at 9:22 PM

Romney has suprised many with his ability to hit back hard. Appently, you are not impressed, so who are you voting for – obama, paul, 3rd party? You might as well vote for the guy in office.
Romney will be a great president!
He loves this country and you can’t say that about obama.
He will be very careful with the tax payer money.
He doesn’t hang around with the likes of hollywood and abusive entertainers.
He will work with the congress and will have them into the White House to confer.
Romney Rocks!

Bambi on June 14, 2012 at 9:27 PM

Appently = Apparently

Bambi on June 14, 2012 at 9:29 PM

cozmo on June 14, 2012 at 9:26 PM

Yeah, I remember you from the old days when you used to stand and fight for something worthwhile.

I miss those times. What changed?

LegendHasIt on June 14, 2012 at 9:30 PM

Bambi on June 14, 2012 at 9:27 PM

I promised that McCain was the last “Sucks slightly less than the Democrat” candidate I’d vote for.

I’ll do all I can to get conservative elected to the down ticket offices. I won’t cancel out your vote for the ‘Rockin Romney’ by voting for any of the other douchebags running for President, but I will never sell out my values again to vote for someone that makes people, who can’t admit the truth, happy.

I do wish you MKs luck. You are gonna need it.

LegendHasIt on June 14, 2012 at 9:37 PM

Lou-who-who-ser.
GTFO, you indignant puke.

Just wondering. Is there a scintilla of truth there?
Nope. It has fail writ large.
That is, all over it, smells of fail.
Failed person, idealogue.
That’s too kind, frankly.
Dismal, oh that’s better.
Not by much.
Watchyagot OBlamer?
Not.a.single.thing.

GTFO. door, etc.

mickytx on June 14, 2012 at 9:44 PM

Mitt Romney
A Change for Hope!

jaydee_007 on June 14, 2012 at 9:47 PM

Midas on June 14, 2012 at 9:27 PM

Kissie kissie, you are just so cute when you are throwing a tantrum.

I miss those times. What changed?

LegendHasIt on June 14, 2012 at 9:30 PM

Survival.

Not sure I can financially survive a second 0bama term.

cozmo on June 14, 2012 at 9:48 PM

Not sure I can financially survive a second 0bama term.

cozmo on June 14, 2012 at 9:48 PM

I know I cannot!

jaydee_007 on June 14, 2012 at 9:50 PM

I do wish you MKs luck. You are gonna need it.
LegendHasIt on June 14, 2012 at 9:37 PM

I had to hold my nose last time – I do not have to hold my nose this time. I believe Romney is an honorable man. They can’t find a sintila of a scandal in his background.
So he worked with dems in Mass. I guess if he didn’t the state would’ve been in a state of freeze for 4 years.
I think over the years he has matured and learned who you can trust and who you can’t. He will not appoint czars, he will depend on his cabinet.
I just think the press has so damaged him and so everyone repeats their mantra.
He would never disrespect our White House by having foul mouthed entertainers in to perform.
I know that this is not something you (maybe) would care about, but I think the obama’s have led to the degrading of our young people. I think the flash mobs by the blacks in our dem cities are a result of thinking they are owed and I think obama encourages this.

Hey, but I like your moniker – Rock’n Romney. Yah, I like that.

Bambi on June 14, 2012 at 10:01 PM

Finally, Obama’s fifteen minutes have run out, but what can you expect from the guy who just doesn’t give us a break from his presence.

J_Crater on June 14, 2012 at 10:23 PM

wow. incredible. if only mitt had a 1/32 of a tamron hall on fox he would be a winner. incredibly partisan this tamron. a commited idealogue who has no business being on public airwaves. but such s the state of our country.
mitt is going to have a tough road ahead. he may have to grow a pair.

renalin on June 14, 2012 at 10:25 PM

This guy’s speaking skills remind me of Max Headroom on crack.

Mr Mxyzptlk on June 14, 2012 at 10:27 PM

Good Solid B-Plus on June 14, 2012 at 9:15 PM

Yup. There’s no there there.

Fallon on June 14, 2012 at 10:29 PM

Sure, I have never said that Romney was a bad, low class person. I’m sure he would treat the Office and the Peoples’s House of White with all the respect it deserves, and his whole family would treat it with the decorum of Oh, G.W. B and Laura… or Reagan.
But there is no way to convince me that he will govern as even a moderate conservative.

I’ll be ecstatic if he even governs as a moderate.

LegendHasIt on June 14, 2012 at 10:30 PM

So yes, this festering inequity at the heart of our economy is perhaps the main reason why Barack Obama may lose in November. The president, quixotically, sought to save both the poor (with Obamacare, mainly) and the filthy rich (Wall Street) — but at the expense of the bigger victim, the middle class. And if he gets voted out, they will be the ones to do it.

Schadenfreude on June 14, 2012 at 10:30 PM

I’ll be ecstatic if he even governs as a moderate.

LegendHasIt on June 14, 2012 at 10:30 PM

I think you will be pleasantly surprised!
But the answer to your dilema is to work to get a very conservative congress in.

Bambi on June 14, 2012 at 10:35 PM

BTW, did you notice that Romney didn’t use teleprompters?
The contrast between the two couldn’t be more stark!

Bambi on June 14, 2012 at 10:36 PM

How many times has Obama been to Ohio now, 50 times? I hope Obama talks economy from now until election day his record on it is abysmal.

TonyR on June 14, 2012 at 10:37 PM

Mitt will destroy Obama in the debates.

fogw on June 14, 2012 at 6:50 PM

I truly, sincerely, want this to be true. Mitt won’t be getting set-up questions, this will be a love fest between Obama and the mediator. He will have to be the one framing the issues at every turn.

But I’ve become convinced in Mitt’s group to be ready.

Get him Mitt.

itsspideyman on June 14, 2012 at 10:43 PM

Bambi on June 14, 2012 at 10:35 PM

Precisely where all my efforts will go.
……………………………………

Heh, Tamron Hall…
Great name for a leftist political cheerleader Journ-0-list.

No doubt the offspring of Tammany Hall and her husband Ron

LegendHasIt on June 14, 2012 at 10:44 PM

Ohio: Romney Campaign Bus Drives Circles Around Obama Speech Site Honking Its Horn…

Green eyed Lady on June 14, 2012 at 10:50 PM

Serious question: What was this? If he speaks for 50 minutes and talks about the need to get re-elected, are we paying for things? Or is the campaign?

foreman3 on June 14, 2012 at 10:56 PM

Good heavens, MSNBC is so far in the tank for Obama they are going to need full quarantine and disinfecting after he loses the election and they have to crawl out of his posterior orifice.

Jugears sure has a different view of history than the reality that followed WWII. … and his administration has pushed some of the most intrusive, business killing regulations ever proposed, yet he has the audacity to say his policies and regulations are good for the economy?
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot? Over.

AZfederalist on June 14, 2012 at 11:10 PM

AZfederalist on June 14, 2012 at 11:10 PM

No way, it will re-invigorate the entire network.

Show after show discussing every news item of the day…and debating, What Would 0bama Do.

A make-believe 0bama world.

cozmo on June 14, 2012 at 11:17 PM

The problem with the speech is that it is too professorial. And I say that as someone who *gives* lectures for a living. A great lecture isn’t about philosiphising (even in a philosophy class). Here’s how Obama can still give a “lecture” without lecturing….

libfreeordie on June 14, 2012 at 9:06 PM

Then you don’t make much unless you are on the government payroll, because pal, you could not make a living speaking in a competitive free enterprise system…you are not too darn smart, if you know what I mean (and I think you do)….
BTW, ever hear of a guy named Perot and how he campaigned??? Not too bright are you…but then, the government always has a job for you.

right2bright on June 14, 2012 at 11:17 PM

This guy still believes he can package and repackage his tired socialist rhetoric and and merely with the power of his delivery and personality convince us pedestrians that it is in our best interest to let him lead while we follow, no questions asked.

We have a High School class president here and that is an insult to class presidents.

DWoDiego on June 14, 2012 at 11:55 PM

God, you people are so in for a surprise on the morning of Nov 7…

El Txangurro on June 15, 2012 at 12:05 AM

God, you people are so in for a surprise on the morning of Nov 7…

El Txangurro on June 15, 2012 at 12:05 AM

Which you people are you talking about?

Del Dolemonte on June 15, 2012 at 12:27 AM

God, you people are so in for a surprise on the morning of Nov 7…

El Txangurro on June 15, 2012 at 12:05 AM

Which you people are you talking about?

Del Dolemonte on June 15, 2012 at 12:27 AM

Maybe he’s a trinitarian addressing the Deity.

de rigueur on June 15, 2012 at 1:24 AM

But I’ve become convinced in Mitt’s group to be ready.

Get him Mitt.

itsspideyman on June 14, 2012 at 10:43 PM

I don’t think we should assume there will be any debates at all. If Turdboy cannot guarantee the outcome (and his narcissism doesn’t overwhelm his microscopic common sense), he may be better served by avoiding any debates. If the potential for damage is greater than the potential for gain, he may take the media hit for cowardice and move on to the rest of his flailing campaign. In that event, Mitt should tail him and show up at selected Obama campaign stops and beat him with the “why won’t you debate me – what are you afraid of?” bludgeon.

SKYFOX on June 15, 2012 at 5:42 AM

We’ve been wrestling with these issues for a long time….

What is this ‘we’ stuff, sport? Suddenly all kinds of ‘we’ in there and a noticeable lack of ‘I’. And what is this ‘long time’ business? Was he wresting with these issues when he was lost in a cloud of choom? Does he wrestle with them now when he’s chooming out back the White House?

Geez it’s hard enough when that voice drones in the head just reading a transcript. Studiously avoided hearing a speech with the real voice these four years. But will have to force myself for a project in the works. Stay tuned.

curved space on June 15, 2012 at 5:42 AM

I was beside myself with worry that I would miss something by not hearing this speech live. Whew!…dodged a bullet, didn’t I?

swinia sutki on June 15, 2012 at 6:44 AM

MSNBC Anchorette: With 54 minutes of horse sh*t freshly laid on us, there’s got to be a pony in here somewhere.

petefrt on June 15, 2012 at 6:45 AM

If you can’t dazzle ‘em with an economic plan that works, blind them with haute couture.

My take.

kingsjester on June 15, 2012 at 6:52 AM

Green eyed Lady on June 14, 2012 at 10:50 PM

“An Obama campaign aide responded to the Romney effort saying “that’s not our style,” adding “campaigns are a reflection of the candidate.”

Translation: Damn I wish we had thought of doing that.

Happy Nomad on June 15, 2012 at 7:04 AM

libfreeordie on June 14, 2012 at 7:33 PM

Seriously, get over yourself. You draw the attention you do only because you are like a mosquito hoping to suck the blood out of any intelligent discussion. People get tired of it.

zoyclem on June 15, 2012 at 7:27 AM

Wait ’til the debates. Even Romney will wipe the floor with Obama’s skinny hide.

Grace_is_sufficient on June 15, 2012 at 7:37 AM

It’s All Been Done Before -
:-)

diogenes on June 15, 2012 at 8:09 AM

Help me out- I am a little confused.

Scott Walker balanced the budget of Wisconsin, stopped the tax increases and in fact lowered the tax rate in a little over two years. The proposals he has implemented helped lower the unemployment rate and have brought business back to the state. In that time, the Democrats ran away to another state, unions tried to remove him from office and he was resoundingly attacked on many fronts, etc.

President Obama had historic majorities in Congress for over two years. He’s been in office for almost four. He has spent historic amounts of money, pushed through a new entitlement we can’t afford, bailed out companies and never passed a budget. He has no tangible proposals on the table and blames everyone else for his failures. We are $5 trillion more in debt, unemployment has gone up, taxes are about to massively increase, businesses are not hiring and the economy is in an historic malaise, with no end in sight.

I’m sorry, his excuse is what and we are supposed to give him four more years because…?

Marcus Traianus on June 15, 2012 at 8:24 AM

Marcus Traianus: hope you don’t mind if I use your quote.

Bambi on June 15, 2012 at 8:54 AM

libfreeordie on June 14, 2012 at 9:06 PM

A PowerPoint presentation? Seriously? Before PowerPoint there were those view graph machines. No fade-in/fade-out letters and sentences, but essentially the same deal. The only class that was successful with these things was geology because there were 500 students and the prof was a dead bore and copying down his lists gave us something to do.

American History is only boring when you’re making it up because the real deal is pretty gripping and inspiring. The real arguments about governing philosophies can also be gripping and inspiring. Thank God Reagan didn’t have PowerPoint.

Portia46 on June 15, 2012 at 9:10 AM

Bambi on June 15, 2012 at 8:54 AM

It would be my pleasure.

Marcus Traianus on June 15, 2012 at 9:11 AM

I get so tired of hearing the “gridlock” argument. The founders DESIGNED the system to be contentious ON PURPOSE, in an attempt to get only the best legislations passed. All this bipartisan handholding is what got us in this hole in the first place – STOP DIGGING!

PJ Emeritus on June 15, 2012 at 9:20 AM

With 23 MILLION LEGAL Americans out of work, why would Obama try to issue 800,000 work permits to illegal immigrants? Only a re-election ploy at best that Congress will challenge and defeat. Where is Richard Trumpka’s response? Congress will pass a law that will void any business from hiring illegals with the proposed Obama work permits in a flash. One term.

Amazingoly on June 15, 2012 at 10:18 AM

These radicals and losers and misguided hippies are soooo living in the past. It will be refreshing to not hear their nonsense on the “news” every other minute.

bob77 on June 15, 2012 at 10:25 AM

A question to ponder:

You have a group of powerful liberals and their minions who have used all their power, money and skills to back a weak and failing individual directing an ancient totalitarian ideology. You are about to lose.

You get to Sept.-Oct. and the situation is even worse.

It is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity that is now about to go down the toilet. You are willing to do anything to preserve this opportunity.

After considering the several historical solutions to this problem, what do you do?

stillings on June 15, 2012 at 11:01 AM

stillings on June 15, 2012 at 11:01 AM

Aside from vote fraud I’m not seeing what they could do that wouldn’t invite a kinetic response.

SKYFOX on June 15, 2012 at 3:36 PM

And I say that as someone who *gives* lectures for a living.
libfreeordie on June 14, 2012 at 9:06 PM

Oh, I’m sure you “give” something for a living, but it’s probably not lectures…

Dopenstrange on June 16, 2012 at 1:06 AM