Texas dad “remorseful” after catching man molesting his daughter and beating him to death

posted at 9:00 pm on June 12, 2012 by Allahpundit

The case is headed to a grand jury but this guy’s more likely to land on Barbara Walters’s couch than in prison. I’d be surprised if there’s a GJ in America that would indict him; if there is, lord knows it’s not in Texas. Here’s the relevant statute in the state’s penal code. Not a close call:

(a) A person is justified in using deadly force against another:

(1) if the actor would be justified in using force against the other under Section 9.31; and

(2) when and to the degree the actor reasonably believes the deadly force is immediately necessary:

(A) to protect the actor against the other’s use or attempted use of unlawful deadly force; or

(B) to prevent the other’s imminent commission of aggravated kidnapping, murder, sexual assault, aggravated sexual assault, robbery, or aggravated robbery…

(c) A person who has a right to be present at the location where the deadly force is used, who has not provoked the person against whom the deadly force is used, and who is not engaged in criminal activity at the time the deadly force is used is not required to retreat before using deadly force as described by this section.

That provision covers the use of deadly force when you’re the one being attacked; the next section in the code extends the use of deadly force to defending someone else so long as the same conditions as the above are met. In other words, if a woman (or little girl, in this case) is entitled to defend herself by killing the man who’s trying to rape her, a third person who’s coming to her aid is entitled to do so too. In theory, a father might not be entitled to use force if he stumbled upon the molestation and the molester stopped and begged for mercy; deadly force is protected legally as a means of ending an attack (or preventing one that’s imminent), not punishing an attacker for something he just did. But c’mon — is there a man or woman alive who’d vote to convict on a murder charge with a fact pattern like that? Morally, this will be treated as justifiable homicide whether or not it’s technically self-defense by proxy — which, to be clear, I think it is here — and any jury would strain mightily to find that it qualified under the definition for the latter. Exit quotation: “He got what he well deserved.”

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

Judge: “One question: Why did you keep hitting on him?”

Father: “Your honor, he was still movin’.”

Judge: “Case dismissed.”

skydaddy on June 13, 2012 at 9:17 AM

mark81150 on June 13, 2012 at 8:29 AM

Adrenaline is a great drug and a natural gift from God. I get a boost every time I jump out of an airplane. Feels so good. I guess it can have a negative side depending on the situation.

SKYFOX on June 13, 2012 at 8:42 AM

I wonder, I’ve known guys who loved it.. but maybe some of us have too much dumped into our system, to where it causes nausea. Or maybe some of us just don’t handle it as well.

I had the shakes once when my boss and I had to restrain a kid on meth for the cops. We had him backed into a corner, and the adrenaline was racing, he was a LOT bigger than me.. and after the mayhem he had created, by the time we had him backed up, I wanted a piece of him so bad, I could taste it. My boss asked me after, when the cops took him away, if I was ok, I didn’t even know my hands were shaking so bad, everybody saw it.

Maybe I just get too much, I’ve never seen any studies about why some like it and others don’t.

I hate roller coasters, rock climbing, repelling,.. all of that stuff. Adrenaline for me, is what lets me over-ride the minds natural fear,.. even terrified I’ll do it when the adrenaline is running.

Maybe that’s the key. Do you enjoy these things without fear, or because you over ride it? Me.. repelling scared me to death, but I did it, because I had to, it was required.

Maybe because my natural fear of some things is so great, the body has to dump huge amounts of adrenaline for me to overcome that fear.. maybe that accounts for the nausea.

mark81150 on June 13, 2012 at 9:17 AM

Commenters at other sites are jumping all over this story and calling it a lynching. This is just disgusting. It reveals a despicable liberal bias that all southerners are automatically racist.

Just to reiterate: the father and daughter were also Hispanic. The CBS video is highly misleading. In fact this is the opposite of a lynching. These are rural, white, small town, Texans rallying around and coming to the defense of their Hispanic neighbor. The chubby, white, sheriff in a cowboy hat is accepting a Hispanic man’s version of events and declining to arrest him. The Hispanic father is being treated exactly the same way a white father in the same circumstance would be treated.

Also, they are not just going on the word of the father. The girl’s brother witnessed the molester snatching the little girl. The little girl recieved treatment for injuries at a local hospital so there is physical evidence of a crime. Likely, the autopsy will support the father’s version of events as well.

bitsy on June 13, 2012 at 9:22 AM

I wanted a piece of him so bad, I could taste it.
mark81150 on June 13, 2012 at 9:17 AM

Except for this one sentence, I think my reactions would not be much different from yours. In my case, given that he was a LOT bigger, I would just hope the situation would stay stable until the cops arrived. I’d certainly worry more about escalation than hitting him.

gh on June 13, 2012 at 9:23 AM

Question..

We know that their is no cure for pediphilia, that they never stop. We know that given a chance they WILL repeat offend and another child will suffer. So why do we not lock them up for life, no parole?

It seems our only options are, prision or mental hospital for life, or killing them. The only way to protect children, is to do what our legal system is incapable of doing.

mark81150 on June 13, 2012 at 8:39 AM

Answer:

Mark, because I don’t want to pay tax dollars to be on solitary confinement to protect him from the rest of the prisoners, who’d gladly slice n’ dice shish kabob and flush ‘em down the toilet. Nobody saw anything.

True story from an ex-security guard that worked in one of the prisons in PR. Dude’s dead anyways-I say death row-and make it a short, short stay.

ProudPalinFan on June 13, 2012 at 9:23 AM

Commenters at other sites
bitsy on June 13, 2012 at 9:22 AM

That’s why I am here and not there.

gh on June 13, 2012 at 9:25 AM

1. I can’t decide if being beaten to death or spending life in prison as a child molester–of a four year old girl, no less–would have been worse. It’s a toss up. Either way, the guy deserved it.

Grace_is_sufficient on June 13, 2012 at 8:15 AM

You may have something there: maybe the father was actually being merciful, feeling sorry for that poor misguided sicko who would otherwise have gone to prison to be some 260lb drug dealer’s bee-otch for the few short years he may have been able to keep himself alive.

mr.blacksheep on June 13, 2012 at 9:25 AM

BlaxPac on June 13, 2012 at 8:51 AM

ITA.

ProudPalinFan on June 13, 2012 at 9:26 AM

bitsy on June 13, 2012 at 9:22 AM

Those thoughtless Leftist idiots are the same people who believed everyone should have been as somber as they were over OBL’s death.

We need to clone the Earth and send all of them there – within 25 years, more than half of them would want to return here!

Bizarro No. 1 on June 13, 2012 at 9:30 AM

Grace_is_sufficient on June 13, 2012 at 8:15 AM

I respectfully disagree. It’s not a toss up in my opinion, because the state lets these monsters back out to do it again.

dogsoldier on June 13, 2012 at 9:32 AM

Career in child molesting is hazardus. OSHA Where are they?

seven on June 13, 2012 at 9:35 AM

bitsy on June 13, 2012 at 9:22 AM

Color’s got nothing to do with it.

If you’re in someone’s house without permission, let alone diddling their child, you may well come to a very violent end.

Texan neanderthals (I know, I repeat myself) are largely fine with that situation. They have no idea what the NYT thinks because the only words they can read are ‘BBQ’ and ‘Beer’.

CorporatePiggy on June 13, 2012 at 9:36 AM

Ecclesiastes 3:3, There’s a time to kill and a time to heal. This was a time to kill. Now the daughter and her father need time to heal.

Akzed on June 13, 2012 at 9:44 AM

CorporatePiggy on June 13, 2012 at 9:36 AM

So do you think all Hispanics, as both the father and the sicko were, are “neanderthals”? How racist.

mr.blacksheep on June 13, 2012 at 9:46 AM

I think what the jury is going to have to consider is when did he cross over the line from “I am so angry with you because of what you did, I’m gonna pound on you for a while, to “OK, that’s over with – now I’m gonna kill you.”

The dad reportedly came running when he heard his daughter screaming, then allegedly hit the man several times over the head, killing him.
hit the man several times over the head
With what?
several times
How many times?

Frank_D on June 13, 2012 at 9:48 AM

My prayers for this man and his daughter…along with the family.

He will be tormented forever, wondering if he could have gotten there sooner, or if he could have not hit him that one more time…or why did he ever even hire him.

We will all post, than go on our merry way…and he and his family will live with this forever.

He took the life of someone willing to take the life and freedom from someone else…he did what he had to do at the moment. Any attempt to try to decide if it was the right or wrong thing, after the fact, is pointless and useless.

He defended and saved his daughter from an unspeakable horror, with his bare hands, nothing more needs to be said, except God Bless him, and may he and his family live in peace.

right2bright on June 13, 2012 at 9:48 AM

hit the man several times over the head
With what?
several times
How many times?

Frank_D on June 13, 2012 at 9:48 AM

No object was used, just his bare hands…read the story, listen to the sheriff, than comment.

right2bright on June 13, 2012 at 9:50 AM

Akzed on June 13, 2012 at 9:44 AM

Amen…

right2bright on June 13, 2012 at 9:51 AM

I wanted a piece of him so bad, I could taste it.
mark81150 on June 13, 2012 at 9:17 AM

gh on June 13, 2012 at 9:23 AM

I stand by that one,… I didn’t want a fight, but I did at the same time… I did what was required to restrain him with my boss, who was almost as big as the kid. But before we got to him and jammed him up in a corner, he had kicked a large trash can at a female cashier and threatened to kill her for catching him stealing… which is what triggered his outburst..

I had to fight a lot as a kid.. my older brother was bullied quite a bit for being what they used to call, “retarded” in the 60′s. So I have a very short fuse when it comes to bully’s. I hated fighting, but in his case, a curb stomping wouldn’t have dented my mind any worse than it’s already damaged.

I hate fighting, but was outraged by what he’d tried to do. Having had literally hundreds of fights, I wasn’t put off by his size much.

mark81150 on June 13, 2012 at 9:53 AM

Question..

mark81150 on June 13, 2012 at 8:39 AM

Answer:

ProudPalinFan on June 13, 2012 at 9:23 AM

Texas, Oklahoma and Louisiana tried to give child rapists the death penalty, but the Supreme Court ruled it unconstitutional.

bitsy on June 13, 2012 at 9:58 AM

I’ve never taken another human life (thank god for that), but I did have someone die in my arms, there was nothing I could do to save him. It’s an experience that never really leaves you.

SWalker on June 12, 2012 at 11:12 PM

I have not either. But I have also seen people die in my presence.
I deal with life & death all the time on the ranch with cows, dogs, cats, horses, etc.
And while they are not people, some of the animals, like a special horse or cow or calf etc. have become my friends & I take their deaths more heavily than a person’s sometimes.

When a person sees so much death & suffering, whether it comes from humans or animals, you start to get realistic.
You begin to have a respect for both life & death & know that BOTH are necessary in nature.
I see the beating of the molester as a consequence of nature.
The father could not overcome the instinct of the protective parent/child relationship when he discovered she was being harmed & did what any creature might be capable of doing.
The molester clearly had traits that made him undesirable in nature & another took care of him.
That’s how I see it.
It is regrettable, but inevitable.

Badger40 on June 13, 2012 at 9:59 AM

“his family is in Mexico.”

Illegal alien?

peacenprosperity on June 13, 2012 at 10:02 AM

Color’s got nothing to do with it.

CorporatePiggy on June 13, 2012 at 9:36 AM

Obviously no one has ever entered your home & threatened or assaulted any of your loved ones.
Perhaps you are one of those people that would let the violence continue while waiting for the police.
Perhaps you’re one of those people who would sigh in relief that at least they weren’t harming you.
PErhaps you are one of those people who talk out of their a$$ about things they know nothing about, & then when faced with the exact situation, end up doing the very thing you;re vilifying these people for.
One never knows until you;re faced with a situation when the moment calls for courage & character.
Considering your comment history, I seriously doubt the veracity of your character & courage.
So God help you if you are ever faced with such a situation in the future.
I pray you are not.

Badger40 on June 13, 2012 at 10:04 AM

hit the man several times over the head
With what?
several times
How many times?

Frank_D on June 13, 2012 at 9:48 AM

As was stated, read the whole report..

but really, does it matter?

He stopped a rape in progress, (his own daughter for God’s sake)…

is any violence too extreme to stop it? If he had an ax handle in his hand, but was a small guy and had pounded him dozens of times, yet the man had lived..

would you even ask?

A man with adrenaline pumping can become as strong as an ox,.. been there.. way past normal strength levels. It doesn’t take too many blows for a man in that condition to cause enough brain damage to be fatal.

Don’t be quick to rush to judgement.

mark81150 on June 13, 2012 at 10:06 AM

WWJD?

lostmotherland on June 12, 2012 at 11:10 PM

“But whoso shall offend one of these little ones which believe in me, it were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and that he were drowned in the depth of the sea.”
MATTHEW 18:6

fusionaddict on June 13, 2012 at 10:07 AM

mark81150 on June 13, 2012 at 9:53 AM

That explains the difference between us quite well.

My last real fight, that I can remember, was in 6th grade. I was being stupid and there were no witnesses. I ended up with a bloody nose and my best friend (at the time) had forgotten it the next day.

I was bullied a little over the next couple of years … no harm done. It never reached the level where retaliation seemed to be the best course of action. It wasn’t particularly malicious and always in public. Responding would have just created a scene.

gh on June 13, 2012 at 10:09 AM

CorporatePiggy on June 13, 2012 at 9:36 AM

fusionaddict on June 13, 2012 at 10:09 AM

This Texas father is my hero!

sinsing on June 13, 2012 at 10:10 AM

That explains the difference between us quite well.

gh on June 13, 2012 at 10:09 AM

There are people in this world who would rather not cause a scene or respond to violence against themselves or loved ones.

There’s a time to be diplomatic & let things go & there’s a time for violence.
Violence DOES have a place in nature.
It keeps the evil people at bay.

Badger40 on June 13, 2012 at 10:14 AM

gh on June 13, 2012 at 10:09 AM

And your example is rather poor when compared to the TX man’s situation.
Clearly, there was an escalation of behavior that caused this conflict to end as it did.
Since you obviously have never been in this situation, it’s probably safe to say you have no clue what you would do.

Badger40 on June 13, 2012 at 10:16 AM

dogsoldier on June 13, 2012 at 9:32 AM

Perhaps in the deep blue states. Not so much in Texas, I would guess. I don’t think this creep would have ever seen parole.

Grace_is_sufficient on June 13, 2012 at 10:16 AM

In Texas there is a saying attributed to the Texas Rangers of old, “Some people just need killin’.”

Spike72AFA on June 13, 2012 at 10:17 AM

right2bright on June 13, 2012 at 9:48 AM

Well said. I agree 100%.

Grace_is_sufficient on June 13, 2012 at 10:18 AM

This Texas father is my hero!

sinsing on June 13, 2012 at 10:10 AM

Anyone who has a problem with him has a screw loose, or worse

Bizarro No. 1 on June 13, 2012 at 10:18 AM

CorporatePiggy on June 13, 2012 at 9:36 AM

also…………..

“clueless” and “… nah.. won’t say it.

I’ve most all of my life in Ohio, spent 6 months in Texas in training while in the Air Force. They were no different than the rural Ohioans I’d known my whole life. We disagreed on almost nothing.

The mistake many make is assuming Texans attitudes are restricted to Texas. They aren’t, get out of the bigger sized cities, and you’ll find plenty of Texan style attitudes.

We do BBQ and Beer in Ohio too.. and use the NYT’s to wrap fish, if we can find one laying around in a lawyers office… not exactly read much outside the greater New York area.

mark81150 on June 13, 2012 at 10:23 AM

I’d be surprised if there’s a GJ in America that would indict him

Definitely not south of the Ohio River… several years back, a local ‘boy lover’ had been found ‘befriending’ the son of one woman. He was arrested, and as he came out of the Justice Center, the mother pulled out a snubbie .38 and double-tapped him below the belt buckle, then surrendered to the nearest deputy.

The Grand Injury refused to indict her.

End of discussion.

CPT. Charles on June 13, 2012 at 10:23 AM

Badger40 on June 13, 2012 at 10:14 AM

I don’t disagree.

In my circumstance ignoring the a$$holes avoided being marched down to the principal’s office and having my parents lecturing me for weeks afterwards. The jerks didn’t really hate me or anything. The incidents took place right in front of our classroom door.

Our teacher at the time was quite cool. Three of us jumped him one day (one from behind the door) entering the class. It was a play fight. I can’t remember exactly why we did it. The three of us were fairly big (8th grade) but not enough to subdue him so a few other people helped. After a couple of minutes we all stopped and he continued with the morning’s agenda. It was a big laugh but if I’d hit someone (back) and started a fight he’d have dealt with it appropriately and severely.

gh on June 13, 2012 at 10:24 AM

I’m glad he’s dead. I have a four year old daughter and the thought of her enduring anything like this turns my stomache and breaks my heart. This man was an animal. I’m glad he’s dead and I hope he suffered.

magicbeans on June 13, 2012 at 10:24 AM

Badger40 on June 13, 2012 at 10:16 AM

I said so above.

gh on June 13, 2012 at 10:25 AM

Badger40 on June 13, 2012 at 10:16 AM

You’re saying ‘obviously’ a lot this morning.

Obviously you are blessed with preternatural intuition that allows you to discern all kinds of things about people’s backgrounds from…blog comments.

CorporatePiggy on June 13, 2012 at 10:26 AM

fusionaddict on June 13, 2012 at 10:09 AM

Your answer is why beta-yankees will never understand the Texas neanderthal state of mind. Best for you to stay clear.

cozmo on June 13, 2012 at 10:26 AM

CorporatePiggy on June 13, 2012 at 10:26 AM

Yes. But in my case he’s mostly correct.

gh on June 13, 2012 at 10:27 AM

We know that their is no cure for pediphilia, that they never stop.

mark81150 on June 13, 2012 at 8:39 AM

This is not completely true. Castration cures pedophilia. Nothing else does.

SubmarineDoc on June 13, 2012 at 10:30 AM

mark81150 on June 13, 2012 at 10:23 AM

That’s why its called a “Texas state of mind”. You don’t have to be here to have one.

Some Texans don’t have a Texas state of mind and call those who do “John Wayne Neanderthal types”.

Us neanderthals use that to tell the difference.

cozmo on June 13, 2012 at 10:31 AM

Depending on the corresponding medical evidence and the child’s testimony; they may not be able to charge the father. The statute clearly states that deadly force may be used to stop a sexual assault. If the testimony and medical evidence bears that out then legally why should be charged?

melle1228 on June 13, 2012 at 3:12 AM

I think you misunderstood me. With this:

Someone in the headlines thread said it was a moral failing that we were even considering charging this man, but I think it would be a moral failing if we didn’t.

I simply meant that it would be a moral failing if we weren’t even considering charging him. I have no reason, at least at this point, to think we need to charge him with anything. But because a man is dead, I do think we need to at least consider the possibility of charging the man who killed him with a crime.

Esthier on June 13, 2012 at 10:39 AM

Did you seriously just call me a “beta yankee”? Dude, I’m from Georgia and live in South Carolina.

And if you were using “Texas neanderthal” as sarcasm you might make it more apparent as such.

fusionaddict on June 13, 2012 at 10:41 AM

Frank_D on June 13, 2012 at 5:21 AM

Maybe, but the video was leading me to believe it’s more a case of, “I have to make you stop harming my daughter – Oh! Now you’re dead.”

Basically that it started out specifically as defense of his daughter (not retaliation) and that it happened too quickly for the man to realize he was actually killing someone.

Maybe it didn’t happen that way, but that’s a completely different story than what you’ve told here.

Esthier on June 13, 2012 at 10:41 AM

bitsy on June 13, 2012 at 9:58 AM

Same result by a constitutional means: send him to GP and make sure word gets out why he’s there…

affenhauer on June 13, 2012 at 10:43 AM

fusionaddict on June 13, 2012 at 10:41 AM

Yeah, I did. You identified as such by your post.

fusionaddict on June 13, 2012 at 10:41 AM

Why? There was a whole page and a half catching beta-yankees who don’t pay attention.

cozmo on June 13, 2012 at 10:49 AM

He’s remorseful ’cause he’s a good Christian and The Law says “Thou Shall Not Kill.”

I hope that if he goes to church, the church doesn’t turn him away because of this, nor his family.

ProudPalinFan on June 13, 2012 at 8:33 AM

Others have translated that as murder, not kill. Considering the Israelites at the time did still have an army and did still invade other countries (and not just for defense – in fact, just a few lines later, they were commanded to kill all men, women and children to finally claim their Promised Land), I don’t see how anyone could assume that all kills are morally wrong according to scripture.

Esthier on June 13, 2012 at 10:50 AM

Frank_D on June 13, 2012 at 5:21 AM

You’d be shocked how quickly a man pumped on adrenaline and anger can throw enough punches to knock a man out or kill him. The average UFC knockout blow is followed by at least two more shots before the referee can step in to stop the fight.

fusionaddict on June 13, 2012 at 10:52 AM

And your example is rather poor when compared to the TX man’s situation.

Badger40 on June 13, 2012 at 10:16 AM

I think he means well, just that, he’s got no experience to process this with.

Sometimes you have that life changing moment, when you get the measure of just what you are capable of.. and even that, if it ends well can leave you a lot of sleepless nights.

mark81150 on June 13, 2012 at 10:54 AM

Yeah, I did. You identified as such by your post.

You mean my post intended to show my offense at Texans being referred to as “neanderthals”, when I actually consider them the opposite? Nice way to show your gratitude, ass.

fusionaddict on June 13, 2012 at 10:55 AM

mark81150 on June 13, 2012 at 9:17 AM

My strong fear of heights keeps me away from rock climbing but I might try rappelling if I have confidence in the equipment. I jump because I have faith in my parachute(s) and the thrill is greater than the fear. I love roller coasters and tolerate the heights because I am confident I won’t come out of the car and the car will stay on the track. I have also experienced shaking hands and nausea, but not from skydiving or roller coasters.

SKYFOX on June 13, 2012 at 10:56 AM

fusionaddict on June 13, 2012 at 10:55 AM

It was a Texan sayin’ it. And he wasn’t the first.

Some beta-yankee from the east coast would be arrogant enough to berate a Texan describing fellow Texans. And ignorant enough to not follow the thread to educate himself. That kind of gratitude Texans don’t need, nor want.

cozmo on June 13, 2012 at 11:04 AM

This is a good argument to use against the liberals. He killed him without a gun!

jeffn21 on June 13, 2012 at 8:46 AM

Heh. A lib friend of mine posted on FB that it was good he didn’t have a gun otherwise it would have been over too quickly.

That said though, if he’d used a gun, I don’t think the case would be that much more clear cut. It can take awhile to kill someone with your bare hands, enough that many of us wonder if the father had time to stop. I wouldn’t even wonder about that with a gun. Then the only question would be whether or not the father is telling the truth.

So still not sure a gun wouldn’t have been better.

Esthier on June 13, 2012 at 11:05 AM

What sad story? One less child molester. Hurt my family and you’re a dead dog.

StevC on June 13, 2012 at 11:10 AM

cozmo on June 13, 2012 at 11:04 AM

Believe me, beta-yankees generally have no problem with us being described as primitives and would only be arrogant enough to agree with the assessment without realizing its connotation. They certainly don’t try to come to our defense. I’m beyond proud of where I’m from, but it’s a common knee jerk reaction to shoot down donkeys that assume we’re all stupid. That’s a southern trait, not a northern one.

Esthier on June 13, 2012 at 11:17 AM

I think he means well, just that, he’s got no experience to process this with.

mark81150 on June 13, 2012 at 10:54 AM

No. I have much different experiences from you.

You said you had been in lots of fights. Your circumstances appear to justify that. Mine don’t.

We all have opinions.

gh on June 13, 2012 at 11:20 AM

“castration cures pedophilia”

REALLY? I was unaware castration includes removal of ALL appendages……….

Has A N Y O N E ever heard of a CORPSE committing sexual abuse? ANYONE?

Bueller?

Bueller?

………………..didn’t think so………

Katfish on June 13, 2012 at 11:33 AM

You’re saying ‘obviously’ a lot this morning.

CorporatePiggy on June 13, 2012 at 10:26 AM

I’ve been in sitations that were life or death & have had to kill things (animals) with a moment’s notice & under stress.
It’s probably something you’ve not had to do.
Obviously, you’re a jerk who likes to judge people and has no clue regarding reality.
I’m willing to give someone like the TX man the benefit of the doubt.
You, Sir, are kind of a pr!ck.
It’s too bad there are many more people like you out there.

Badger40 on June 13, 2012 at 12:41 PM

I said so above.

gh on June 13, 2012 at 10:25 AM

I meant no disrespect.
And I didn’t see your comment above.
So my apologies.

Badger40 on June 13, 2012 at 10:16 AM
You’re saying ‘obviously’ a lot this morning.

CorporatePiggy on June 13, 2012 at 10:26 AM

And that post of mine wasn’t directed at you anyway.
It’s btwn gh & I.
Not you & I.

Badger40 on June 13, 2012 at 12:44 PM

That father did what any father should do… defend his child. If the pedophile got killed, well, that means children who won’t be molested by him in the future.

RebeccaH on June 13, 2012 at 1:04 PM

I think he means well, just that, he’s got no experience to process this with.

mark81150 on June 13, 2012 at 10:54 AM

Having experienced a situation where a guy went after my girlfriend I instantly became filled with rage and adrenaline. So much so that the last thing I remember was jumping to my feet swinging, then the next thing I remember is my girlfriend screaming “stop, you’re going to kill him…”

I had literally blacked out from the rage and adrenaline. When she snapped me out of my rage I found myself on top of the guy beating him senseless. I am almost certain that’s what happened with this little girl’s father and that’s the point some commenters are missing. Some commenters here are assuming the father had full control of his faculties, e.g., “it takes a while to beat someone to death with your bare hands” or “he should have stopped once he stopped the attack on his little girl.”

I can tell you from the experience I previously mentioned it’s not that simple, I literally blacked out and the only thing that stopped me was my girlfriend bringing me back…had she not my situation could have easily ended up the way this one did! I can easily see the father instantly becoming filled with rage and adrenaline when he came upon his little four year old being sexually assaulted and when that happened nature took over and he probably doesn’t remember anything from the time he saw what was happening until the time the scum bag was dead on the floor.

The combination of rage and adrenaline is a very powerful thing and until you’ve experienced it you have no idea. To this day I am still taken back by my experience, it still scares me to this day the emotional power of rage combined with adrenaline and I hope to never experience it ever again as I don’t like being that out of control.

Killing someone out of rage to punish them is far different than killing them as a way to stop them. Killing to stop, very few people would have a problem with that. But killing someone by beating them to death – obviously an act of rage – should be a crime – manslaughter 1. He didn’t have to kill the person to stop the attack. If the perpetrator died as a result of being shot once, I can’t see a problem. But if he died as a result of a beating, then yes, that is not legal.

Of course, being Texas, and because of the nature of the case, few would be willing to hold this man accountable. But it’s important that a jury holds a man to the law, even if it is man that they approve of. They can always throw him a party after he gets out of prison.

keep the change on June 12, 2012 at 9:20 PM

I disagree, it’s not that cut and dried. The law is flexible enough to consider the many variables of a situation like this. As I mentioned above you are making the assumption he had full control of his faculties. Had I not had my experience with how powerful the combination of rage and adrenaline is I would probably agree with you that the father could have stopped once he stopped the assault on his little girl. But knowing what I know now my opinion is dad blacked out from the rush of rage and adrenaline and had no control over his actions…nature took over and the scum bag child molester’s fate was sealed.

Again the law is flexible enough to understand dad going into an adrenaline fueled rage when coming upon his innocent four year old little girl being sexually assaulted…for this reason alone I doubt there is a DA that would bring charges against him, and even if there were charges filed I seriously doubt a jury would convict him for involuntary manslaughter LET ALONE MANSLAUGHTER 1!!

Liberty or Death on June 13, 2012 at 1:13 PM

WWJD?

lostmotherland on June 12, 2012 at 11:10 PM

As others have said: Millstone. Pervert. Sea. Some assembly required.

Mary in LA on June 13, 2012 at 1:21 PM

There’s not a jury in the world…especially in Texas.

flyoverland on June 13, 2012 at 1:29 PM

jeffn21 on June 13, 2012 at 8:46 AM

So still not sure a gun wouldn’t have been better.

Esthier on June 13, 2012 at 11:05 AM

Monday morning quarterbacking never looked so mealy mouthed.

CherryBombsBigBrownBeaver on June 13, 2012 at 1:39 PM

The Grand Injury refused to indict her.

End of discussion.

CPT. Charles on June 13, 2012 at 10:23 AM

Balls.

Chaz706 on June 13, 2012 at 1:41 PM

The Grand Injury refused to indict her.

End of discussion.

CPT. Charles on June 13, 2012 at 10:23 AM

THIS X1000!!

Liberty or Death on June 13, 2012 at 2:04 PM

I have to be careful to avoid fight driven adrenaline rushes, I lose ability to recognize people. people become either targets or not targets.
may have something to do with step-grandfather making me “model” for him.
I learned to deal with it. step-grandfather was taken care of.
the father protected his child with his very soul.
anyone that has a problem with that should shoot themselves.

this father and this child will never be the same.
ever.

dmacleo on June 13, 2012 at 2:49 PM

This cas is a clear example as to how phraseology and diction can completely reverse the roles of the good guy and the bad guy in the reporting of stories.

I read a story on this earlier that was linked to FoxNews.com, I believe, and it said virtually nothing about the little girl who was the victim of the sexual assualt and it kept referring to the perpetrator as “the victim”.

This story has a true feel-good quality to it.

It was also a public service killing.

The mental pathology which prevails in so many newsrooms, in which the perpetrator is elevated to victim status as a result of a catastrophic failure of victim selection, staggers the mind.

This reminds me of a story which occurred a few years back in NYC when some hippies harrassed Paula Zahn’s young children, who were being taken to work by their father (now, her ex-husband – at least one of her ex-husbands) and their driver.

Paula’s ex was the President of the Homeowners Association in the Manhatten high-rise condo building in which they lived and the Association had elected to put some sort of structures over its doorway to prohibit hawks or falcons from roosting (and defecating) over the doorway.

This offended the sensibilities of some local greenies/hippies, so one of the braver ones decided to try to scare Paula’s young grade school children.

Her ex-husband ceded the responsibities of protecting his children to the driver instead of seriously hurting the hippie.

This would never happen this way in most parts of the South.

What happened in this story (the topic of this post) is far more representative of how anyone would handle someone who was harming one of his loved ones.

molonlabe28 on June 13, 2012 at 2:53 PM

I’m sorry – that boy needed killin’…

affenhauer on June 13, 2012 at 3:09 PM

I meant no disrespect.
And I didn’t see your comment above.
So my apologies.
Badger40 on June 13, 2012 at 12:44 PM

No worries. I don’t take any of the back and forth here personally.

Just pointing it out.

gh on June 13, 2012 at 3:36 PM

CorporatePiggy on June 13, 2012 at 9:36 AM

Wow. Calling you a worthless bag of shit is an insult to shit.

woodNfish on June 13, 2012 at 4:39 PM

Wow. Calling you a worthless bag of shit is an insult to shit.

woodNfish on June 13, 2012 at 4:39 PM

And here we go again…

cozmo on June 13, 2012 at 4:55 PM

God, Bless that poor child and her father. Please bring them peace.

cptacek on June 13, 2012 at 5:22 PM

I did not believe “you don’t know until you have a child” until I had a child. Two weeks after bringing my son home from the hospital, a storm was coming through, with tornadoes on the ground. “do something Do Something DO SOMETHING” was coursing through my mind, and all I could do was hold him close because we didn’t have a basement. I had never felt that way before and couldn’t believe that I was acting like that. I never had before.

And that was just a storm. Not a man right in front of me killing my daughter’s innocence.

cptacek on June 13, 2012 at 5:50 PM

Texas is full of uncivilized neanderthals.

cozmo on June 12, 2012 at 9:07 PM

Yep, one of them met his Maker after trying to molest a little girl.

PalinLover on June 13, 2012 at 6:01 PM

Some people just need killin’. Alas, the list on that score is pretty long.

Quartermaster on June 13, 2012 at 7:09 PM

Amazing how the same people who now support this on-the-spot execution of an alleged criminal are the same people who oppose the application of Sharia law in the U.S. Isn’t this a form of Sharia, or worse? I hear that under Sharia you at least get a trial before you are beheaded or stoned. Sounds like a lot of people here do support the Muslim way, they just don’t realize it. Now I know how ALLAHPUNDIT got his name. Someone needs to remind ALLAH this is how things are done in the third world, not America.

Also, how do we know for sure the “molester” is guilty, he can’t talk because he is dead and can’t put up a proper defense and guaranteed by the Constitution. We have a criminal justice system. Where are the conservative patriots who are always quoting the Constitution and the guarantees put in place by the “founding fathers” now?

And please lets stop using the word “molest”. You don’t execute someone for molesting. If it was rape, lets call it rape. Stop the euphemisms. There should be plenty of physical evidence it was rape.

Mark Ybel on June 13, 2012 at 7:13 PM

Of the piece of putrid shit that molested this 4-year old child, I only wish I could have seen the father beat this assmaggot to death.
That would have been awesome.

I laugh at his demise. I don’t give a damn who’s offended, for all the retarded libs out there.

Ahem . . . hahahahahahahahahaha

Conservchik on June 13, 2012 at 7:51 PM

Mark Ybel on June 13, 2012 at 7:13 PM

Comedy gold, or were you serious?

cozmo on June 13, 2012 at 8:12 PM

keep the change on June 12, 2012 at 9:20 PM

When civilization completely breaks down, you’re going to have a hard time finding a tribe that will take you.

TugboatPhil on June 12, 2012 at 10:52 PM

ROFL!

kg598301 on June 13, 2012 at 10:22 PM

Dang, after reading some of the dipsh!t comments here I am seriously starting to think Texas is one of the last bastions of common sense on the planet. I must remember to start thanking God every day that I live here.

I’ll start now. Thank you, God!

kg598301 on June 13, 2012 at 10:49 PM

I’ll start now. Thank you, God!

kg598301 on June 13, 2012 at 10:49 PM

Neanderthal!

cozmo on June 13, 2012 at 11:05 PM

I told you

Frank_D on June 13, 2012 at 10:43 PM

What did you tell us? That liberal obsess more with the perp than the victim? You’re right.

hawkdriver on June 14, 2012 at 11:14 AM

Late to this thread.

To the father, your discomfort and sadness are understood, and it’s ok. You did the right thing. The molester brought this upon himself, it isn’t your fault.

Take comfort in knowing that your daughter is well, and you have my prayer that she is not mentally harmed by what happened. May she grow up to marry a man just like her father.

You, sir, are a hero. To your daughter, to your family, to your home town, and to humankind. Feel no guilt.

Freelancer on June 14, 2012 at 8:09 PM