Jindal: Obama is the “most liberal, most incompetent” president since Jimmy Carter

posted at 2:21 pm on June 12, 2012 by Erika Johnsen

It warms my heart when a politician is willing to just go the whole hog and call ‘em as they see ‘em. Of course, I’m sure Gov. Jindal has his own motives in mind — he’s an oft-discussed attractive possibility for Romney’s running mate. The Jindal camp has been fairly careful about explicit interest in the vice presidency (I mean, nobody’s going to actually come out and say, “Yes, I am actively angling for the Veep slot” rather than staying focused on the job they have), but he hasn’t said that he wouldn’t do it, either.

Speaking at CPAC Chicago on Friday, however, Jindal certainly had some fightin’ words for the Obama administration:

“I suspect that many in the Obama administration really don’t believe in private enterprise. At best, they see business as something to be endured so that that it can provide tax money for government programs,” said Jindal.

Responding to Obama’s statement that the private sector was “doing fine,” he added: “Mr. President, I’ve got a message for you:  The private sector is not doing well when 23 million Americans are unemployed and underemployed in this great country. This president — the private sector is so foreign to him, he might need a passport to actually go visit, and he might need a translator to help him talk to folks in the private sector.” …

“Did he not go to Wisconsin because he was afraid of hurting himself by backing a loser?” Jindal wondered aloud. “He shrunk from this challenge. He elected to stay away from Wisconsin for fear of losing. That’s not what leaders do.”

And if feels so good. It annoys me to no end when President Obama uses economic terms like “investment” and “job creation,” because he really doesn’t understand what those terms mean. Maybe he thinks he does, as-viewed through the lens of a big-government agenda, but the federal government does not create productive jobs and should not be making investments that Americans won’t make on their own. The private sector should be doing these things, and the federal government can merely help or hinder this process — and under Obama, it’s been all hindrance, all the time.

Romney has often reverted to the “nice guy” line — President Obama has good intentions but is just woefully misguided in the execution, or something. Jindal is far from the first to make the Carter-Obama comparison, but I still like hearing it, and Jindal might be trying to show that he can be the ying to Romney’s yang and that he’s willing to go on the aggressive attack as a running mate. A few weeks back, I had a hearty chuckle when Jindal admonished that President Obama “never even ran a lemonade stand” — it’s just so painfully true.

Just a little dose of Veep-speculation to brighten your day!

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

I think he’s gone beyond Carter. At least Carter wasn’t trying to take away religious freedom.

RBMN on June 12, 2012 at 2:24 PM

True.

Pork-Chop on June 12, 2012 at 2:24 PM

He keeps using those words. They do not mean what he thinks they mean.

NoFanofLibs on June 12, 2012 at 2:25 PM

I agree with you Gov. Jindal! Thanks for saying what you said and keep saying it everytime you get on the tube!
L

letget on June 12, 2012 at 2:25 PM

Do people really think he’s incompetent? Is that the coping mechanism that one uses to suppress the fact that we elected a President that hates this country and is set to destroy it?

search4truth on June 12, 2012 at 2:25 PM

Correction; Of all time! The Worst Ever!

Bmore on June 12, 2012 at 2:26 PM

RBMN on June 12, 2012 at 2:24 PM

Far beyond Carter.

the_nile on June 12, 2012 at 2:26 PM

Jindal would be an excellent choice for a lot of reasons. Nevertheless, he’s been pretty quiet about national politics up until now. I’ve got to wonder if this is his way of getting attention as the beauty contest that is the Veepstakes gets underway.

Happy Nomad on June 12, 2012 at 2:26 PM

From Vice President Biden to Vice President Jindal…would that be the highest increase in IQ from a predecessor to his successor in history?

GOPRanknFile on June 12, 2012 at 2:26 PM

I’ll go you one better. “Spending”. When the government doesn’t confiscate my assets, it’s not “spending”. Tax cuts are not “spending”. The only way tax cuts are spending is if you assume that all property belongs to the government and anything they let you keep, they gave to you, or spent.

trubble on June 12, 2012 at 2:27 PM

Gotta love Jindal. Unlike Granny Warren, a.k.a. Fauxahontas running for MA Senate as a (not really) 1/32nd Cherokee, Jindal is a real Indian.

philw1776 on June 12, 2012 at 2:27 PM

Classic

Plus, Mitt can stop the “nice guy” meme. Obama was never nice, nor ever will be. Let them call you “racist”. They have nothing else.

Schadenfreude on June 12, 2012 at 2:28 PM

A Jindal/Biden debate. That would be awesome!

taznar on June 12, 2012 at 2:28 PM

Jimmy Carter smiles. He’s no longer the “worst president” and he lived to experience it.

Schadenfreude on June 12, 2012 at 2:28 PM

This whole article made me happy, but I especially liked the reminder about the “lemonade stand” remark.

JoAnn1965 on June 12, 2012 at 2:28 PM

GOPRanknFile on June 12, 2012 at 2:26 PM

Without a doubt!

jimver on June 12, 2012 at 2:29 PM

lol.

Perfect.

Tim_CA on June 12, 2012 at 2:29 PM

More red meat for Jindal fans:

abortion

Baby (no pun intended) steps.

kim roy on June 12, 2012 at 2:30 PM

“I suspect that many in the Obama administration really don’t believe in private enterprise.”

I don’t think there’s any doubt at this time.

Yakko77 on June 12, 2012 at 2:30 PM

“most liberal, most incompetent”

A redundancy, but a truism nonetheless.

Rixon on June 12, 2012 at 2:31 PM

RBMN on June 12, 2012 at 2:24 PM

Where I differ with Jindal is in the motive. Jimmy Carter was truly incompetent. He had no business being President and surrounded himself with a bunch of crooks, career politicians, and political hacks. Nevertheless I think he was well-intentioned and had the best interests of the nation at heart.

Obama is just in this gig for the power and perqs. His administration has been all about tearing apart the status quo to reward his special interests (not the Dems special interests HIS special interests). That isn’t incompetence it is pure malevolent evil.

Happy Nomad on June 12, 2012 at 2:31 PM

philw1776 on June 12, 2012 at 2:27 PM

hahahahaha

That’s kind of messed up haha.

Anyway, maybe Jindal learned his lesson from that disastrous “response to the State of the Union” debacle a few years back.

apollyonbob on June 12, 2012 at 2:32 PM

Romey/Jindal? I like it…

And it seems Romney has dropped the “he’s a nice guy” lately, thankfully… I like Rové’s line “he’s a nice guy as far as radicals go…”

crazywater on June 12, 2012 at 2:32 PM

Jindal is a Dr. and knows how to use a scalpel. Both a surgeon’s and a debater’s.

Would simply love to see him out on the stump as part of the ticket for the November elections. He would help keep Romney from straying too far into the rino woods as well.

Webrider on June 12, 2012 at 2:33 PM

He keeps using those words. They do not mean what he thinks they mean.

NoFanofLibs on June 12, 2012 at 2:25 PM

Honestly, I don’t think he ever knows what he’s talking about. Whether it’s “investment”, or religious references such as “doing for the least of us”, of what makes America great, energy policy, economic growth, entrepreneurship. Not having taken any of it to heart, or attempted to make it his own, his understanding is severely limited — narrow and shallow. He doesn’t know what he’s saying.

Paul-Cincy on June 12, 2012 at 2:33 PM

Jimmy Carter only has one thing going for him, he was the most incompetent president ever. And now Obama has taken even that from him.

Axion on June 12, 2012 at 2:34 PM

GOPRanknFile on June 12, 2012 at 2:26 PM

Albert Gore to Dick Cheney was an increase of that magnitude.

CorporatePiggy on June 12, 2012 at 2:34 PM

Nevertheless, he’s been pretty quiet about national politics up until now. ………….

Happy Nomad on June 12, 2012 at 2:26 PM

that SOTU response hostage video put him on ice for a while.

t8stlikchkn on June 12, 2012 at 2:34 PM

Perhaps someone has the details on what Jindhal did with
healthcare reform in Louisiana. I read somewhere that he did
a bang up job on this and other things. I have been admiring
Col. West and Jindhal for a few years.

As Dennis Miller would say, “I like the cut of their jib”.

Amjean on June 12, 2012 at 2:35 PM

In terms of the “profit AND earnings ratios” it all makes sense. It’s a special ed thing (as the Dog-Eater noted in that Jay Leno fiasco) for the “special students” at Columbia and Harvard Lawn School.

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on June 12, 2012 at 2:35 PM

Axion on June 12, 2012 at 2:34 PM

he rode in a submarine once?

t8stlikchkn on June 12, 2012 at 2:35 PM

“At best, they see business as something to be endured so that that it can provide tax money for government programs,” said Jindal.

Ouch!!
I can feel the burning from DC.

LoganSix on June 12, 2012 at 2:36 PM

Shorter Jindal: Kali Ma, shakti de! (Mother Kali, give me power!) *rips out still-beating heart*

Christien on June 12, 2012 at 2:36 PM

Jindal vs. Biden in the debates would be hilarious to watch.

Jindal would clean his clock.

teke184 on June 12, 2012 at 2:37 PM

When they get to the Benedict Arnold-Obama comparison I’ll be in the like zone.

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on June 12, 2012 at 2:37 PM

Oh, hold on just a minute, Erika. Liberals DO know what those terms mean. Just like they know what “patriotism” and the “Constitution” and “liberty” mean. They merely pervert and twist them to their own meanings as a means to use terms that are familiar to low-information voters who are easily duped.

ted c on June 12, 2012 at 2:37 PM

Thanks, Jindal, for not saying “progressive”. I still can’t believe fellow conservative refer to liberals as “progressive”, as if saying that liberals are correct in calling themselves “progressive” and thus making conservative look like they are against progress.

DethMetalCookieMonst on June 12, 2012 at 2:37 PM

From Vice President Biden to Vice President Jindal..would that be the highest increase in IQ from a predecessor to his successor in history?

GOPRanknFile on June 12, 2012 at 2:26 PM

..while I understand the gist of your assertion, I submit that were Romney to select the proverbial three-day-old ham sammich, THAT would represent the highest increase in IQ. Selection of Jindal would be immeasurably off the charts.

The War Planner on June 12, 2012 at 2:37 PM

Happy Nomad on June 12, 2012 at 2:26 PM

Right now, Piyush “Bobby” Jindal is my top VP pick. Very competent, and humble. Even though, as Obama would say, almost word for word, that Jindal doesn’t look like the other Presidents on the dollar bills, and he has a funny name, and he has dark skin, and so people will be frightened of him.

Yeah, Bobby Jindal is one scary guy. /

But somehow I’m going to overcome my deep-seated racism (which is a feature of every conservative /sarc!), and support Jindal. But he’s so scary. The funny name. The different appearance from the $1 and $5 bill guys. And, the dark skin. Oh, save me from the dark skin!

Paul-Cincy on June 12, 2012 at 2:40 PM

posted at 2:21 pm on June 12, 2012 by Erika Johnsen

If Bobby Jindal honestly thinks Obama is incompetent, then my opinion of Bobby Jindals intelligence just took a massive hit. Obama is a lot of thing, few of them complimentary, but incompetent is not one of them.

The conclusion that Obama is incompetent is based entirely on the self inflicted delusion that the policies Obama is and has enacted were intended to have a positive and beneficial effect on America’s Economy, but that Obama just failed to comprehend what their actual impact would be.

Nothing could possibly be further from the truth. Barack Obama promised right out of the gate to “Fundamentally Transform” America. Most people just assumed that that fundamental transformation was to a more prosperous and more open society.

When you study Barack Obama’s history, it becomes indisputably clear that the fundamental transformation he was promising was one away from a capitalistic free Republic, to a totalitarian Marxist Utopia.

SWalker on June 12, 2012 at 2:40 PM

The War Planner on June 12, 2012 at 2:37 PM

I think the old saying about the value of the VP slot, a warm bucket of piss, would be a sharp increase in IQ over Biden.

teke184 on June 12, 2012 at 2:40 PM

Gotta love Jindal. Unlike Granny Warren, a.k.a. Fauxahontas running for MA Senate as a (not really) 1/32nd Cherokee, Jindal is a real Indian Patriot.

philw1776 on June 12, 2012 at 2:27 PM
FIFY. *smiles*

annoyinglittletwerp on June 12, 2012 at 2:41 PM

A Jindal/Biden debate. That would be awesome!

taznar on June 12, 2012 at 2:28 PM

Yep. Jindal would have to slow it waaaay down again, like he did for the SOTU response, which of course would still be light speed for Joey B.

Christien on June 12, 2012 at 2:41 PM

Jindal was my first preference for the GOP presidential nomination, back before he decided not to run and the right-wing decided to embrace a liberal instead.

Crusty on June 12, 2012 at 2:42 PM

He doesn’t meet the Constitutional requirements for VP. Check your 12th amendment.

Dante on June 12, 2012 at 2:42 PM

Jindal vs. Biden in the debates would be hilarious to watch.

Jindal would clean his clock.

teke184 on June 12, 2012 at 2:37 PM

A three month old moldy ham sandwich would clean Biden’s clock.

SWalker on June 12, 2012 at 2:43 PM

Romney / Jindal 2012 – The Competence Ticket.

BKennedy on June 12, 2012 at 2:43 PM

Why bother with comparisons to any other US President? This guy has an exclusive on incompetence.

Just be clear: Obama–worst Prezuhdunce evuh!

stukinIL4now on June 12, 2012 at 2:43 PM

Dante on June 12, 2012 at 2:42 PM

If Obama or the Dems want to go down this route in challenging Jindal, Obama’s own qualifications to be President would be in doubt.

teke184 on June 12, 2012 at 2:44 PM

I really like Jindal. He’s a smart guy and a good conservative who does us all well in government, but he’s just not eligible for the Presidency. That’s not a moral judgment of him, just a fact of Constitutionality.

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on June 12, 2012 at 2:45 PM

Romney / Jindal 2012 – The Competence Ticket.

BKennedy on June 12, 2012 at 2:43 PM

You said it. They share a deep understanding of a lot of stuff. Between them, they have it covered.

Paul-Cincy on June 12, 2012 at 2:45 PM

SWalker on June 12, 2012 at 2:40 PM

It’s possible that Obama is specifically competent at malicious, damaging idiocy, but he’s also had plenty of run-of-the-mill stupidities afflict him, especially recently but even since his election.

That said, you can’t really ascribe competence to something like destruction. Give a three year old an axe and a pixie stick and you’ll find them “competent” enough.

BKennedy on June 12, 2012 at 2:46 PM

GOPRanknFile on June 12, 2012 at 2:26 PM

The IQ (and testosterone) drop from Cheney to Biden was at least as massive.

SKYFOX on June 12, 2012 at 2:46 PM

Romney / Jindal 2012 – The Competence Ticket.

BKennedy on June 12, 2012 at 2:43 PM

I’d donate $$$ to that ticket!

annoyinglittletwerp on June 12, 2012 at 2:47 PM

Dante on June 12, 2012 at 2:42 PM

People born in Baton Rouge can’t be elected VP?

If I didn’t know your posts so well, I would think you were an unintentional racist. But I have no doubts.

Happy Nomad on June 12, 2012 at 2:47 PM

Paul-Cincy on June 12, 2012 at 2:40 PM

… and very Southern. Oh, and he went to Oxford! So cultured! <3

My money is on Bobby. With that said, Romney could put homemade soap on the ticket and I would still crawl over broken glass, hot coals, and a naked Rosie O'Donnell to vote for him.

Punchenko on June 12, 2012 at 2:48 PM

Romney has often reverted to the “nice guy” line — President Obama has good intentions but is just woefully misguided in the execution, or something. Jindal is far from the first to make the Carter-Obama comparison, but I still like hearing it . . .

Indeed, it is good to hammer this home, especially where it concerns the thin-skinned, flop-eared dork zer0 that Americans lost their minds over and voted in.

And it will feel even better when this pile of dung is finally flushed out of D.C. for good.

MisterElephant on June 12, 2012 at 2:49 PM

A Jindal vs. Biden debate would border on elder abuse.

Christien on June 12, 2012 at 2:49 PM

BKennedy on June 12, 2012 at 2:46 PM

Look up the Cloward-Piven Strategy. Obama is executing it with immaculate perfection, broadening it beyond even Richard Cloward and Frances Fox Piven wildest dreams.

SWalker on June 12, 2012 at 2:49 PM

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on June 12, 2012 at 2:45 PM

From wikipedia:

Personal details
Born June 10, 1971 (age 41)
Baton Rouge, Louisiana, U.S.
Political party Republican

From the Constitution:

Section 1 of Article Two of the United States Constitution sets forth the eligibility requirements for serving as president of the United States:
“ No person except a natural born Citizen, or a Citizen of the United States, at the time of the Adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the Office of President; neither shall any Person be eligible to that Office who shall not have attained to the Age of thirty-five Years, and been fourteen Years a Resident within the United States. ”

The Twelfth Amendment states that, “No person constitutionally ineligible to the office of President shall be eligible to that of Vice-President of the United States.”

You just trolling, or do you truly have a mental problem?

Paul-Cincy on June 12, 2012 at 2:50 PM

C’mon. Obama’s actually worse than Carter. Stop giving him a pass and claiming he is slightly better than Carter.

Monkeytoe on June 12, 2012 at 2:50 PM

well, poor things…barry is whining about Romney’s tweets now.

Axe/Obama have never met an R that wasn’t bought…they’ve always been members of the Combine

r keller on June 12, 2012 at 2:50 PM

My money is on Bobby. With that said, Romney could put homemade soap on the ticket and I would still crawl over broken glass, hot coals, and a naked Rosie O’Donnell to vote for him.

Punchenko on June 12, 2012 at 2:48 PM

lol…..Now THAT’s some serious dedication.

Tim_CA on June 12, 2012 at 2:51 PM

Punchenko on June 12, 2012 at 2:48 PM

LOL

GOPRanknFile on June 12, 2012 at 2:51 PM

and a naked Rosie O’Donnell to vote for him.

Punchenko on June 12, 2012 at 2:48 PM

WOW… now that is either some serious dedication or a serious hate for Obama, or maybe both, but highly disturbing image. I think I need to go drink some turpentine now…

SWalker on June 12, 2012 at 2:51 PM

Schadenfreude on June 12, 2012 at 2:28 PM

I’ve heard variations on this statement for some time, but it may literally be the truth!

MisterElephant on June 12, 2012 at 2:52 PM

SWalker on June 12, 2012 at 2:40 PM

I think he’s incompetent ,what saves him so far are the corrupt media and other cronies and crooks. He’s a spoiled child, it’s all been too easy for him.

the_nile on June 12, 2012 at 2:52 PM

Schadenfreude on June 12, 2012 at 2:28 PM

I was laughing at first and then I realized it is such a pathetic state.

antisocial on June 12, 2012 at 2:53 PM

People born in Baton Rouge can’t be elected VP?

Happy Nomad on June 12, 2012 at 2:47 PM

You have often demonstrated your ignorance of the Constitution.

Dante on June 12, 2012 at 2:53 PM

GOPRanknFile on June 12, 2012 at 2:26 PM

GOP … it’s good to see you back in the HA saddle on a regular basis.

You knew me as odieo back in the old tems days.

ORrighty on June 12, 2012 at 2:53 PM

I live in La.

Jindal’s way overestimated on our side. And the way he bungled ethics reform and other things here, he probably should stay away from public office.

And I might add, while he is an intelligent man, there’s nothing insightful at all about these comments.

avgjo on June 12, 2012 at 2:55 PM

Barky is a malevolent retard. He’s only lucky that destruction, given enough power, takes no brainpower, at all.

Paul-Cincy on June 12, 2012 at 2:50 PM

His parents weren’t American citizens at the time of his birth. That makes him ineligible by my understanding. It would be nice if a case would ever have made it (or will make it) through our court system to get this issue finally resolved. One of the tens of cases against the Indonesian Imbecile should have served this purpose but, evidently, American voters (and state voters, specifically, for various states) have no standing to know that some official has verified that the people on the ballot are actually eligible for the positions they’re running for (even though most state laws charge the SecState with verifying eligibility before allowing candidates on the ballot) or that those taking positions of serious power in our federal government are Constitutionally eligible for the positions.

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on June 12, 2012 at 2:56 PM

I don’t think that Bobby is cynical enough to use a speaking engagement like this to “audition” for the VEEP slot. The fact is that Obama has treated Louisiana, and Gov. Jindal himself, pretty shabbily since the BP oil spill. Bobby has plenty of reasons to say what he said without inferring ulterior motives for it.

SWLiP on June 12, 2012 at 2:58 PM

GOP … it’s good to see you back in the HA saddle on a regular basis.

You knew me as odieo back in the old tems days.

ORrighty on June 12, 2012 at 2:53 PM

Odie! How are ya, Sir? We must catch up one of these days!

GOPRanknFile on June 12, 2012 at 2:58 PM

Punchenko on June 12, 2012 at 2:48 PM

You’ll need some serious climbing gear for that one.

tommyboy on June 12, 2012 at 2:58 PM

Ezra Klein really got his panties in a bunch about this statement from Jindal yesterday. That makes it great in my book!

rockmom on June 12, 2012 at 2:59 PM

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on June 12, 2012 at 2:56 PM

To me, that’s like pointing out that Gore got more popular votes in 2000 than Bush. Which is true, but it’s just a curiosity. If you go by what’s written in the Constitution, Bush won. In the same way, Jindal is eligible to be POTUS. Wanting something to be a certain way doesn’t make it so.

Paul-Cincy on June 12, 2012 at 3:00 PM

DethMetalCookieMonst on June 12, 2012 at 2:37 PM

With all due respect, you fall into the same trap by referring to leftists as “liberals.” To me they’re statists, socialists, commies or leftists.

MisterElephant on June 12, 2012 at 3:01 PM

Jindal vs. Biden in the debates would be hilarious to watch.

Jindal would clean his clock.

teke184 on June 12, 2012 at 2:37 PM

Pure gold. Jindal … “and that is why the free market will once again make America Great.” Meanwhile, over at the other podium …Biden: “These are not my pants.”

LetsBfrank on June 12, 2012 at 3:01 PM

Jindal could have stopped his quote after the word ‘president’…

Khun Joe on June 12, 2012 at 3:02 PM

Whatever does he mean by “since” Jimmy Carter? We have long ago seen that low surpassed by this administration.

Don L on June 12, 2012 at 3:03 PM

Definitely Romney/Jindal!!

As far as a Jindal-Biden debate, I don’t know… Isn’t that a bit too much of a mismatch for it to be fair game? It’s like taking the slowest kid in gym class and throwing him into the ring with Vitali Klitschko. Biden should at least be allowed to tag team with Barky. Jindal handling them both at once would still be one-sided, but at least it would be twice as entertaining.

Gingotts on June 12, 2012 at 3:04 PM

You analogy is terrible.

Paul-Cincy on June 12, 2012 at 3:00 PM

No, he’s not. But if people are so sure that being born in America (not to diplomats, of course, as those children aren’t American citizens, at all) is all that’s needed to be a natural-born citizen, then you should want to see one of these cases through and get a resolution from the courts. Being born with American citizenship is not the same as being a natural-born citizen. They are different as our notion of citizenship has changed (but natural-born citizen has not).

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on June 12, 2012 at 3:08 PM

philw1776 on June 12, 2012 at 2:27 PM

Jindal is great. Yes, he’s no Elizabeth Runningmouth, but he’s tops on my Veep list!

The Count on June 12, 2012 at 3:08 PM

Yeah but Jindal could never have exhibited the leadership skills that Obama did when he directed us to save the planet by checking the air in our tires…..

Don L on June 12, 2012 at 3:08 PM

Funny, that’s exactly what Holder has in mind come November. The other intimidation tactics under too much scrutiny right now.

LetsBfrank on June 12, 2012 at 3:09 PM

Isn’t that a bit too much of a mismatch for it to be fair game?

It would make the Cheney-Edwards debate look like a fair match. Cheney eviscerated Edwards that night.

teke184 on June 12, 2012 at 3:09 PM

avgjo on June 12, 2012 at 2:55 PM

Yeah, I know a lot of people from there, including a multi-term parish president, and I highly doubt they would concur with your view. Heck, most of the HA Louisianans sure don’t. Good luck voting him out next time, if he runs again.

Christien on June 12, 2012 at 3:11 PM

Obama is NOT incompetent. Destroying(changing) America is what he promised and he IS delivering on that promise. He IS the enemy of America. If you view what he’s doing through the filter of “intentionality” then it suddenly makes sense. What “We The People” must do is STOP him!

Dannyp8262 on June 12, 2012 at 3:11 PM

Jindal would be an excellent choice for a lot of reasons.

Sure he would. He would have been a better Presidential candidate than any of the GOP’s final four (or eight, for that matter).

Right Mover on June 12, 2012 at 3:12 PM

teke184 on June 12, 2012 at 3:09 PM

Very true. I still can’t find a Democrat who can say with a straight face that Edwards won that debate.

GOPRanknFile on June 12, 2012 at 3:12 PM

Since Jimmy Carter? Since ever.

DarkCurrent on June 12, 2012 at 3:12 PM

We stop him in November!!

Dannyp8262 on June 12, 2012 at 3:13 PM

…I want him for Mitt’s running mate if I can’t have (ready?) Palin!

KOOLAID2 on June 12, 2012 at 3:15 PM

While I know that a number of people would like Jindel to become Romney’s choice for VP, I hope Jindal remains as governor.

Jindal would be an excellent choice for VP but I think he would better serve the country as governor for the time being. Jindal has plenty of time to run for president or VP in a future election. We need governors such as Jindal and Walker to fight back and prove that conservatism works.

I have high respect for Jindal but for now, I think he would be more effective remaining as governor.

Kingfisher on June 12, 2012 at 3:16 PM

SWalker on June 12, 2012 at 2:49 PM

I’m well aware of Cloward-Piven and the Alinsky handbook. Obama is certainly following their mold, but I don’t think he’d be given passing grades by the original academics given his poor sense of timing and execution.

The HHS Mandate is case study one in how he attempted to define and isolate an opponent for ridicule. He chose it I’m sure because the anti-religious academic impulse is strong in him, but he picked a target with the experience and firepower to fight back at an incredibly disadvantageous time. He grossly miscalculated the inherent credibility and strength of his target, and he ended up isolating himself from large numbers of people who would need to remain in power.

His most recent utterances are so at odds with reality that they cannot be anything other than incompetence. Gibberish with a megaphone is still gibberish.

BKennedy on June 12, 2012 at 3:17 PM

Good job by the future Vice President.

Full disclosure, I have been a Jindal fanboy since he first ran for Governor.

MFn G I M P on June 12, 2012 at 3:17 PM

Kingfisher on June 12, 2012 at 3:16 PM

Seconded.

Christien on June 12, 2012 at 3:17 PM

Christien

Ok.

Go back and take a logic course. Appeal to authority is a fallacy. I might add, citing a politician from one of the most corrupt states in the country as a reference probably doesn’t help your argument. And read my post more carefully. Nowhere did I assert that he would or even should be voted out. About the best this state can hope for is someone like Jindal.

avgjo on June 12, 2012 at 3:20 PM

LetsBfrank on June 12, 2012 at 3:09 PM

lol….makes waterboarding look like 5 minutes in a kiddy pool.

Tim_CA on June 12, 2012 at 3:22 PM