Quotes of the day

posted at 10:41 pm on June 11, 2012 by Allahpundit

“Ronald Reagan would have, based on his record of finding accommodation, finding some degree of common ground, as would my dad — they would have a hard time if you define the Republican party — and I don’t — as having an orthodoxy that doesn’t allow for disagreement, doesn’t allow for finding some common ground,” Bush said, adding that he views the hyper-partisan moment as “temporary.”

“Back to my dad’s time and Ronald Reagan’s time – they got a lot of stuff done with a lot of bipartisan suport,” he said. Reagan “would be criticized for doing the things that he did.”

Bush called the present partisan climate “disturbing.”

“It’s just a different environment left and right,” he said of “this dysfunction.”

***

Former Florida Governor Jeb Bush, in a break with his party, said he could support tax increases to help reduce the federal government’s budget deficit…

“If you could bring to me a majority of people to say that we’re going to have $10 in spending cuts for $1 of revenue enhancement — put me in, coach,” Bush told the House Budget Committee. “This will prove I’m not running for anything,” he said, prompting laughter from lawmakers and the audience…

Committee Chairman Paul Ryan, a Wisconsin Republican, declined to comment on Bush’s remarks.

***

Former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush said he supports both a path to citizenship or legal residency for the more than 11 million people living in the United States illegally.

“You have to deal with this issue. You can’t ignore it, and so either a path to citizenship, which I would support–and that does put me probably out of the mainstream of most conservatives–or … a path… to residency of some kind,” he said during an interview last week with Charlie Rose on CBS…

Bush said he agreed with Romney on the need to secure the border and the importance of raising the number of work visas available for high-skilled workers. But he warns that the tone of the immigration debate among Republicans is “shortsighted.”

“It sends a signal,” Bush said. “We want your support, but you can’t join our team.”

***

“I’m not sure what Jeb’s referring to,” Gingrich said on CNN’s “John King, USA.” “We just had a pretty grueling campaign, which had a fair amount of disagreement, a pretty wide range of views from Ron Paul to say Tim Pawlenty.”

He continued: “In that framework, you see us come together as a party. I think there’s plenty of room in the Republican Party for a wide range of candidates.”…

“I would argue in many ways we have a more diverse party today than the Democrats. It’s much easier to be of a different view as a Republican, without having the kind of pressure you would have if you were a pro-life Democrat,” he said.

***

Barack Obama made a similar point back in April, arguing that “[Reagan] could not get through a Republican primary today.”…

But it is also worth asking this: Could liberal icons such as Franklin Delano Roosevelt or John Fitzgerald Kennedy get through a Democratic primary today?

I very much doubt it.

There are some similarities, of course, but the political landscape is very different today than in 1980. The same can be said between now and the 1960s and the 1930s. That fact says less about the modern party than a simple reflection of changes in the country and electoral reality. Taking away any other lesson is a waste of time and energy.

***

Both men [Clinton and Jeb Bush], by virtue of their family’s standing in their respective parties, have a nearly un-matched political pulpit from which to express their views. And they’re using it more and more these days.

Both men also seem to see their party drifting away from what’s important. For Clinton, he wants a more close examination of the two sides’ visions for the future rather than a muddy bar fight, and for Bush, he wants his party to work with the other side more on issues like illegal immigration and the budget.

It also just so happens that both could be hurting their parties’ brands heading into the fall election.

Republicans have already used Clinton’s words — with great gusto — against President Obama. And we would expect the same on the GOP side, with Bush’s words being used against Romney and congressional Republicans.

***

To understand what Bush is saying, you need to anticipate how the party might diagnose the causes of a loss in 2012, and then you can see how he is setting himself as the cure. Bush has been publicly urging Republicans to moderate their tone toward Latinos and to embrace immigration reform. Here is the one issue where Republicans, should they lose, will almost surely conclude that they need to moderate their party stance. The Latino vote is both growing in size and seems to be tilting ever more strongly toward the Democrats, a combination that will rapidly make the electoral map virtually unwinnable. Indeed, the body language of the Romney campaign suggests it already regrets the hard-line stances on immigration it adopted during the primary…

If you try to imagine the Republican consensus after a potential losing election, it will look like this. It will recognize that its harsh partisan rhetoric turned off voters, and will urgently want to woo Latinos, while holding on to as much as possible of the party’s domestic policy agenda. And oh, by the way, the party will be casting about for somebody to lead it.

***

Consider the mini-exodus of moderates from the Republican Party, who have ditched the right over a perceived lurch toward Tea Party politics. This has precipitated endless media hand-wringing about the rapid closing of the conservative mind. While there is a certain degree of truth to the charge, it’s a lament not evenly applied (i.e., it’s a partisan complaint). Remember that when the hawkish former Democrat Joe Lieberman, an aggressive supporter of President George W. Bush’s foreign policy, defected from his party, or when Newark Mayor Cory Booker said the Obama campaign’s attacks on private equity “nauseated” him, only to be forced into a humiliating mea culpa, these were not viewed as portents of a closing liberal mind. Likewise, former President Bill Clinton’s recent argument in favor of extended the Bush tax cuts were quickly followed by a groveling apology for breaking party discipline. For Lieberman, it was good riddance to a neoconservative who had long ago forsaken Democratic unity — and the attacks on Booker and Clinton indicated not partisanship, but the necessary correction of an election-season gaffe…

Yes, in times of political tumult, American voters polarize, lining up behind their parties as “yea” and “nay” votes on opposed and irreconcilable ideas about health care policy or deficit reduction or national security. The only way to “heal the partisan divide,” then, is to prevent politicians from taking any remotely controversial positions in the first place. Which is as impossible as it is undesirable.

Because politics is not — despite all clichés to the contrary — about compromise. It’s about making the other guy compromise. And, failing that, it’s about telling any and all who will listen that the country is being torn asunder by boneheaded partisans.

***

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

It could be very bad. Unfortunately, it’s become a little more common for police to enter homes without a warrant or probable cause. Still, one has to wonder how long it will be before some meth-head blows a cop away.

RedCrow on June 12, 2012 at 1:13 AM

Let’s face it, the meth head would do it anyway, law or not.

The real test will come when someone is Swatted in the middle of the night and is awoken from a deep sleep with police banging down his door and he has no idea why- and worse it will probably make police officers even less likely to take chances that that object they can’t make out in someone’s hand is a phone or some other innocent thing rather than a gun.

And in those tense first moments how likely is a spooked person going to be to ask to look at the warrant carefully while holding a gun at a number of officers pointing back. -Plus if someone points a gun at an officer thinking they are entering illegally but the officer isn’t it seems bad things have a strong chance of happening.

Honestly I kind of wish the law had allowed for personal lawsuits against state/local officials abusing their authority rather than this. This seems like a recipe for disaster on both sides as it increases the tension in situations.

Betenoire on June 12, 2012 at 1:22 AM

I didn’t think it should be anything that offensive, though.

listens2glenn on June 12, 2012 at 1:14 AM

Try posting it back on that 2008 thread I loaded the article on. Maybe the censors weren’t around back then./ ; )

Bmore on June 12, 2012 at 1:17 AM

I just tried a third time to link to the website’s homepage, figuring then people could navigate to the story from there.

No go.

Linking to that website is definitely being blocked by the Hotair.com filters.

listens2glenn on June 12, 2012 at 1:22 AM

listens2glenn on June 12, 2012 at 1:22 AM

Try using tinyurl

tom daschle concerned on June 12, 2012 at 1:23 AM

Brand names.
Foul language.
Kimberl!n

John the Libertarian on June 12, 2012 at 1:21 AM

You forgot witches t*ts. ; )

Bmore on June 12, 2012 at 1:23 AM

Pre 0. I still like the Carvey. He makes me laugh. ; ) So did it make you want to call Jeb Greggers too?

Bmore on June 12, 2012 at 1:19 AM

Maybe Jeb is “triangulatin’” a la Billy Jeff. Will it work? (I happen to think what he said was a load of tripe.)

RedCrow on June 12, 2012 at 1:23 AM

If you punch the title of the Indiana story from Drudge into a search engine, it will display some other links to the story that work.

That’s how I found it, anyway.

listens2glenn on June 12, 2012 at 1:25 AM

A Jeb Bush presidency?

RedCrow on June 12, 2012 at 1:25 AM

Try using tinyurl

tom daschle concerned

Oooh, good idea. I like this, its starting to feel like mischief.

Bmore on June 12, 2012 at 1:26 AM

listens2glenn on June 12, 2012 at 1:22 AM

Copy the website link you are trying to post, then go to http://tinyurl.com and turn the link into a tiny url link. You can then post that one.

Flora Duh on June 12, 2012 at 1:26 AM

Bmore on June 12, 2012 at 1:19 AM

RedCrow on June 12, 2012 at 1:23 AM

I for one and sick and damned tired of these political dynasty families, no American Aristocracies, American’s DO NOT serf…

SWalker on June 12, 2012 at 1:26 AM

Well, I can’t get no —

sah-tiss-fack-shun;

But I try …

Later, all.

hillbillyjim on June 12, 2012 at 1:28 AM

Slow mo, like this economy.

Bmore on June 12, 2012 at 1:28 AM

Oooh, good idea. I like this, its starting to feel like mischief.

Bmore on June 12, 2012 at 1:26 AM

I don’t like rules. :)

tom daschle concerned on June 12, 2012 at 1:28 AM

Good Night hillbillyjim, Sleep Well.

Bmore on June 12, 2012 at 1:28 AM

listens2glenn on June 12, 2012 at 1:22 AM
Try using tinyurl

tom daschle concerned on June 12, 2012 at 1:23 AM

I tried linking to just the (web name).com homepage of this site, and it still wouldn’t work.

listens2glenn on June 12, 2012 at 1:29 AM

tom daschle concerned on June 12, 2012 at 1:18 AM

There is a saying in the profession, “Hard cases make bad law.”

Well, it wasn’t that hard a case, but the court was apparently looking for a vehicle to respond to earlier legislation on self-defense they didn’t like. So they took the hard case and didn’t just make bad law, they made worse law.

Neighbors called the cops because the defendant and his wife were arguing loudly. He was moving out. Cops met them both outside the apartment. Words were exchanged, but no violence of any kind. Defendant and his wife went back into the apartment, and the cops followed and forced entry, which the husband resisted and for resisting was arrested. The trial court refused to give defendant’s proffered instructions to the jury on self defense and the right to defend against unlawful entry into your home. Defendant was convicted and appealed on the grounds his jury instruction should have been given. The Supreme Court exploited the opportunity to go beyond the findings required by the case and formulated new law to the effect that police invasion on private property could not be resisted under any circumstances.

Didn’t set well with us Hoosiers. So we smacked them down.

novaculus on June 12, 2012 at 1:29 AM

I don’t like rules. :)

tom daschle concerned on June 12, 2012 at 1:28 AM

I’m not great with em either. Is that bad?

Bmore on June 12, 2012 at 1:29 AM

Inside that email you got from Twitter should be your username.

It will say something like “Flora Duh @floraduh1 is now following you (@whateveryourusernameis).”

You can send tweets from your phone or the web, but you have to log into your account to do so.

Flora Duh on June 12, 2012 at 1:15 AM

I am going to go try it now.

Night Owl on June 12, 2012 at 1:30 AM

I don’t like rules. :)

tom daschle concerned on June 12, 2012 at 1:28 AM

It’s the only way you can post links to CNN articles here.

Flora Duh on June 12, 2012 at 1:30 AM

Shooting a uniformed officer that enters your house illegally seems like certain death.

tom daschle concerned on June 12, 2012 at 1:18 AM

Initially missed your comment.

Yeah. No way should law enforcement be entering your house without legal justification (i.e. a search warrant or probable cause).

Still, like I was saying, the police make mistakes. The system makes mistakes/contains bugs.

RedCrow on June 12, 2012 at 1:30 AM

You forgot witches t*ts. ; )

Bmore on June 12, 2012 at 1:23 AM

You just said that because of the Cher headline.

John the Libertarian on June 12, 2012 at 1:30 AM

Well, flip.

I can’t even afford to get anyone to pay attention.

G’night.

hillbillyjim on June 12, 2012 at 1:31 AM

TRYING IT AGAIN . . . . . . .

listens2glenn on June 12, 2012 at 1:32 AM

American’s DO NOT serf…

SWalker on June 12, 2012 at 1:26 AM

That’s good. Plus bringing in Martin Sheen.

John the Libertarian on June 12, 2012 at 1:32 AM

You just said that because of the Cher headline.

John the Libertarian on June 12, 2012 at 1:30 AM

I thought it was Madonna. ; )

Bmore on June 12, 2012 at 1:33 AM

To IN!

Even though he is in OZ.

tom daschle concerned on June 12, 2012 at 1:34 AM

TRYING IT AGAIN . . . . . . .

listens2glenn on June 12, 2012 at 1:32 AM

Yeah this place does probably filter out old Alex.

Bmore on June 12, 2012 at 1:35 AM

TRYING IT AGAIN . . . . . . .

listens2glenn on June 12, 2012 at 1:32 AM

Yep, that’s one of the sites that we are not able to link to in comments.

So is CNN for some reason.

Flora Duh on June 12, 2012 at 1:35 AM

I don’t have the aversion to Jeb Bush that some people do, but is he really the best one to be talking about Reagan? As I recall, Reagan had to fight for the nomination in 1980, and his biggest contender was Jeb’s father, who tried to convince everyone that Reagan was too conservative to win. So the fact that his son is now trying to convince us that Reagan is (still?) too conservative to get the nomination doesn’t exactly make the point that things have changed a lot. It sounds like they’re exactly the same.

There Goes The Neighborhood on June 12, 2012 at 1:35 AM

Good Night hillbillyjim, Sleep Well.

Bmore on June 12, 2012 at 1:28 AM

G’night Bmore.

Have a good one — and then, …

… have another.

__________________________________
==================================
————————————————————————-

Out.

hillbillyjim on June 12, 2012 at 1:36 AM

American’s DO NOT serf…

SWalker on June 12, 2012 at 1:26 AM

That’s good. Plus bringing in Martin Sheen.

John the Libertarian on June 12, 2012 at 1:32 AM

Winning… ;P

SWalker on June 12, 2012 at 1:36 AM

TRYING IT AGAIN . . . . . . .

listens2glenn on June 12, 2012 at 1:32 AM

If I had known you were trying to link infowars, I wouldn’t have helped. ;)

Using deadly force to defend your property against unlawful entry by police seems to me like a natural right.

tom daschle concerned on June 12, 2012 at 1:36 AM

I would guess Jeb will endorse Mack. The Macks are a FL political dynasty with political roots in TX.

His father, Connie Mack III, represented the district from 1983 to 1989 (when it was numbered as the 13th District) before serving two terms in the U.S. Senate. He is a great-grandson of Connie Mack, the manager and owner of baseball’s Philadelphia Athletics, and member of the Baseball Hall of Fame. He is also a great-grandson of Morris Sheppard, U.S. Senator and Representative from Texas, and a step-great-grandson of Tom Connally, who was the Texas Junior Senator to Sheppard for 12 years (Sheppard’s widow married Connally the year after Sheppard died). Mack’s great-great-grandfather was John Levi Sheppard, who was also a U.S. Representative from Texas.

At this point I have no intention of voting for him in the primary. I’m kind of tired of these families whose main occupation is politics.

The guy I was most interested in was Adam Hasner who was running for the Republican nomination for senator. He had won a straw poll, but dropped out to run for the House in the district that currently has West as the rep. With redistricting West is running in another district.

Mack had yet to even announce he was running when the straw poll was taken last fall.

With 34 percent of the vote, Hasner, who served in the state House of Representatives for eight years before facing term limits in 2010, beat out retired Army officer and businessman Mike McCalister to win the contest. The straw poll was held at the American Conservative Union’s (ACU) Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC) event in Orlando. A total of 1,501 CPAC attendees voted in the straw poll.

IMHO it’s highly likely that the Macks and FL political powers edged Hasner out of competition with Mack.

INC on June 12, 2012 at 1:36 AM

Wow, it WORKED. I’ve never used tinyurl.com, before.

Thanks folks. : )

listens2glenn on June 12, 2012 at 1:36 AM

hillbillyjim on June 12, 2012 at 1:31 AM

Goodnight Jim.

Flora Duh on June 12, 2012 at 1:36 AM

I don’t know much about Twitter, but I did reserve a user name, same as my handle here. If folks contact me or follow me, I’ll be glad to follow them. Eventually I’ll get the hang of it. I can be reached at my e-mail with the same handle at comcastdotnet.

novaculus on June 12, 2012 at 1:36 AM

when real people pay attention to their blather.

hillbillyjim on June 12, 2012 at 1:14 AM

Or when Nancy Pelosi gins up a fake Congressional testimony on wimmin’s “access” to birth control.

Access means give it to me for free.

John the Libertarian on June 12, 2012 at 1:36 AM

G’night, hillbillyjim…

novaculus on June 12, 2012 at 1:38 AM

Access means give it to me for free.

John the Libertarian on June 12, 2012 at 1:36 AM

Wasn’t there a good article linked here about this?

tom daschle concerned on June 12, 2012 at 1:39 AM

Question: Where the hell is Dan Mitchell digging up all these lovely, lovely ladies?!?
(I’d like the answer in the form of an address, please.)

RedCrow on June 12, 2012 at 1:39 AM

Access means give it to me for free.

John the Libertarian on June 12, 2012 at 1:36 AM

Dude! It’s the 21st century. Only suckers pay for stuff.

RedCrow on June 12, 2012 at 1:40 AM

I’ve never been to infowars before tonight, and didn’t know anything about them before tom daschle’s 1:36 AM comment.

Live and learn, I guess. Am I going to be in trouble with the management, for this?

listens2glenn on June 12, 2012 at 1:41 AM

novaculus on June 12, 2012 at 1:36 AM

Lol. Is this your last will and testament, nova?
Is there a troll been burnin’ ya lately?

RedCrow on June 12, 2012 at 1:42 AM

I forgot the Mack bio is from Wiki.

There Goes The Neighborhood on June 12, 2012 at 1:35 AM

Every politician and their kin today wants to claim Reagan was just like them–or they’re just like Reagan. There was no love lost between Reagan and the Bushes. GHWB was the one who called Reagan’s supply-side economics “voodoo economics.”

INC on June 12, 2012 at 1:42 AM

Wow, it WORKED. I’ve never used tinyurl.com, before.

Thanks folks. : )

listens2glenn on June 12, 2012 at 1:36 AM

Here’s a helpful little time saver. Click this link. You will then see “Add TinyURL to your browser’s toolbar“. Follow the instructions. After you’ve added it to your toolbar whenever you come across a webpage that you want to use a Tiny Url for, all you have to do is click TinyURL in your toolbar and the link will be automatically transferred to a TinyUrl link.

Flora Duh on June 12, 2012 at 1:43 AM

RedCrow on June 12, 2012 at 1:21 AM

The police illegally entered a person’s home. He resisted. Pushed one of the officers.

Instead of doing the right thing and letting it go, they prosecuted the resident. They said no resident has the right to resist the state even when the state is acting illegally.

The police brought this on themselves. Not by entering illegally. Mistakes will be made. But by prosecuting the resident for resisting. The police in the State of Indiana apparently think they should be able to act illegally with no consequences, and if a conflict arises over their illegal actions the citizens have to pay. With their treasure to defend themselves in court and their freedom if they were convicted.

jaime on June 12, 2012 at 1:43 AM

I thought it was Madonna. ; )

Bmore on June 12, 2012 at 1:33 AM

That was embarrassing on too many levels. What a hag.

John the Libertarian on June 12, 2012 at 1:43 AM

To beddy-byes, with me.

‘Nite all.

listens2glenn on June 12, 2012 at 1:44 AM

Wasn’t there a good article linked here about this?

tom daschle concerned on June 12, 2012 at 1:39 AM

Ace went on another rant.

John the Libertarian on June 12, 2012 at 1:44 AM

RedCrow on June 12, 2012 at 1:42 AM

Nah, no trolls, just very protective of my privacy.

And the last time I ran across your ass I was up very late drinking and spinning tunes. My head hurt the next morning.

novaculus on June 12, 2012 at 1:45 AM

Flora Duh on June 12, 2012 at 1:43 AM

I just caught that as I’m signing off . . . . . . thanks Flora’.

listens2glenn on June 12, 2012 at 1:45 AM

Red crow..last time I ran across your a$$- i was laughing. :)

bazil9 on June 12, 2012 at 1:46 AM

tom daschle concerned on June 12, 2012 at 1:36 AM

I would say that, too. Only trouble is that it seems to me to be possible to have an awful lot of gray, fuzzy area in between legal and illegal entry. Also, we’re talking about a high-stress, bang-bang (no pun intended) occurrence.

RedCrow on June 12, 2012 at 1:46 AM

listens2glenn on June 12, 2012 at 1:41 AM

Nah.

Bmore on June 12, 2012 at 1:46 AM

RedCrow must have one heII of an ass.

Bmore on June 12, 2012 at 1:47 AM

Here’s a Harrison tune that they worked together on for a 90′s Clapton album.

Ok. Night, Cindy.

RedCrow on June 12, 2012 at 1:08 AM

Journeyman—great album.
Thx for yours and others help the other night posting links. I went back and checked and the problem was double http//. The only thing that is puzzling though is I had done it the way I was taught for a couple months without problems but then the last two weeks it was 80/20.

arnold ziffel on June 12, 2012 at 1:47 AM

RedCrow on June 12, 2012 at 1:21 AM

jaime on June 12, 2012 at 1:43 AM

Police all across America have been dying to eliminate the Fourth Amendment for 60 or 70 years. Most cops view everyone as Guilty until proven innocent and any time you attempt to assert your constitutional right’s they take great offense at it.

SWalker on June 12, 2012 at 1:47 AM

B- your still up? Get ta bed. :)

bazil9 on June 12, 2012 at 1:47 AM

novaculus on June 12, 2012 at 1:36 AM

I just followed you and added you to my Twitter list of “Hot Gassers”

Flora Duh on June 12, 2012 at 1:47 AM

Good Night listens2glenn, Sleep Well.

Bmore on June 12, 2012 at 1:48 AM

B- your still up? Get ta bed. :)

bazil9 on June 12, 2012 at 1:47 AM

Soon, where did you go? ZZZZZ?

Bmore on June 12, 2012 at 1:48 AM

Damn you people are going to make me want to get back active on twitter again. Grrrr..

tom daschle concerned on June 12, 2012 at 1:49 AM

Soon, where did you go? ZZZZZ?

Bmore on June 12, 2012 at 1:48 AM
Phone call from a good friend. Everyone talks to me late. :)

bazil9 on June 12, 2012 at 1:49 AM

Flora Duh on June 12, 2012 at 1:47 AM

Thanks Flora. I’ll reciprocate, soon as I figure out how to do it.

novaculus on June 12, 2012 at 1:49 AM

novaculus on June 12, 2012 at 1:45 AM

Lol. My head was okay. My mouth felt like I gargled with sand before I went to bed!

Red crow..last time I ran across your a$$- i was laughing. :)

bazil9 on June 12, 2012 at 1:46 AM

Good evening, baz. :) Yep–you were definitely lettin’ it all hang out!

BTW, You guys stop running across my ass!

RedCrow on June 12, 2012 at 1:50 AM

RedCrow must have one heII of an ass.

Bmore on June 12, 2012 at 1:47 AM

I tried to check it out, but I got whiplash.
(Still, I’m sure it’s worth it.)

RedCrow on June 12, 2012 at 1:51 AM

Phone call from a good friend. Everyone talks to me late. :)

bazil9 on June 12, 2012 at 1:49 AM

Good time for phone talk actually. Quiet relaxed. I thought we had ourselves a little caper going here for a minute, but it didn’t go far. It ended up with Alex Jones. The site thinks he’s a bit of a flake. Can’t say I disagree with that assessment.

Bmore on June 12, 2012 at 1:52 AM

BTW, You guys stop running across my ass!

RedCrow on June 12, 2012 at 1:50 AM

lmao..yes..after midnight..gets crazay here. Cons gone wild.

4grace is missing. :( she can run across ur a$$ tomorrow.

bazil9 on June 12, 2012 at 1:52 AM

(Still, I’m sure it’s worth it.)

RedCrow on June 12, 2012 at 1:51 AM

Apparently. ; ) I’ll pass.

Bmore on June 12, 2012 at 1:53 AM

SWalker on June 12, 2012 at 1:47 AM

I’m pro-cop, I just don’t think they should be unaccountable. They caused the situation in the first place, and then prosecuted the resident for reacting to it.

jaime on June 12, 2012 at 1:53 AM

I tried to check it out, but I got whiplash.
(Still, I’m sure it’s worth it.)

RedCrow on June 12, 2012 at 1:51 AM

Side hurts..your on a roll red.

bazil9 on June 12, 2012 at 1:53 AM

I just followed you and added you to my Twitter list of “Hot Gassers”

Flora Duh on June 12, 2012 at 1:47 AM

Did you get a tweet from me yet? If it didn’t work I’ll have to try again in the morning, I am getting ready for bed. It said it sent it, but it didn’t seem to say where. I’m following you and Treacher, as far as I know.

Night Owl on June 12, 2012 at 1:53 AM

Thanks Flora. I’ll reciprocate, soon as I figure out how to do it.

novaculus on June 12, 2012 at 1:49 AM

I see you figured it out. ;-)

Flora Duh on June 12, 2012 at 1:54 AM

I am pro-law.

bazil9 on June 12, 2012 at 1:55 AM

tom daschle concerned on June 12, 2012 at 1:36 AM

RedCrow on June 12, 2012 at 1:46 AM

Read the writings of America’s founding Fathers, they would have found the authority vested in today’s law enforcement community to be an abomination to the US Constitution. They included the 2nd, 4th and 5th Amendments in the Constitution because they specifically did not trust the government. They saw how the British Crown abused it’s authority and did everything they could think of to restrict such abuses here.

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. -Benjamin Franklin.

This is exactly what Benjamin Franklin was talking about.

SWalker on June 12, 2012 at 1:55 AM

Good night and a better tomorrow (or today according to your time zone) to everyone. Thanks for the responses to you all.

It’s all about November now; we can do this if we don’t let up.

Later.

Pray, and fight, and network, and fight some more, and then pray again.

Rinse and repeat.

We can’t afford to lose this one; look at the damage done since January, 2009.

hillbillyjim on June 12, 2012 at 1:55 AM

arnold ziffel on June 12, 2012 at 1:47 AM

I love that one, too.
No problem on the linking help. (I saved both of my posts to a text file for safe keeping.)

(Remember, if you right-click on the highlighted “http://”, then select paste, whatever you copied to the clipboard will replace whatever was highlighted.)

(Lol. Hope that’s clear–exam at noon.)

RedCrow on June 12, 2012 at 1:55 AM

I am pro-law.

bazil9 on June 12, 2012 at 1:55 AM

The fewer the better.

jaime on June 12, 2012 at 1:56 AM

hillbillyjim on June 12, 2012 at 1:55 AM

G’night, hillbilly!

RedCrow on June 12, 2012 at 1:56 AM

Phone call from a good friend. Everyone talks to me late. :)

bazil9 on June 12, 2012 at 1:49 AM

Black cord fever baby.

arnold ziffel on June 12, 2012 at 1:56 AM

One of these days I might learn to tweet. I think I finally have the code cracked on blogging.

Good Night All.

Bmore on June 12, 2012 at 1:56 AM

Night Owl on June 12, 2012 at 1:53 AM

No, I didn’t. Goodnight, I’m going to hit they hay myself.

See ya’ll tomorrow.

Flora Duh on June 12, 2012 at 1:57 AM

Bmore on June 12, 2012 at 1:52 AM

I dont wear a tin foil hat. Just wear my Fl Gators. ;)

After open Reg..was Prison Planet here for a min. alas..they went away once idol went down.

bazil9 on June 12, 2012 at 1:57 AM

Crap, I forgot to leave Dire a tune. Gimme just a second. I have to see what the thread was about. Jeb something or another. Or so I hear.

Bmore on June 12, 2012 at 1:58 AM

Flora Duh on June 12, 2012 at 1:54 AM

Yeah, that was easy enough. I don’t really understand it yet, but I’ll figure it out.

novaculus on June 12, 2012 at 1:58 AM

Bmore on June 12, 2012 at 1:56 AM

‘Nite, Bmore. Pleasant Dreams!

jaime on June 12, 2012 at 1:58 AM

Greetings from the future!

DarkCurrent on June 12, 2012 at 1:58 AM

My dad, a staunch con, used to send my stuff from Alex Jones…I put the kabosh on that pretty quick. I heard Alex interviewed on a local radio show…years ago…he was so combative and insane…

William Cooper was much more interesting.

tom daschle concerned on June 12, 2012 at 1:59 AM

G’night Flora.

novaculus on June 12, 2012 at 1:59 AM

Good Night Flora Duh, Pleasant Dreams. Hug Mr Duh. ; )

Bmore on June 12, 2012 at 1:59 AM

Soooooo… Nobody dug the links to Dan Hicks or John Kay?

novaculus on June 12, 2012 at 2:00 AM

The fewer the better.

jaime on June 12, 2012 at 1:56 AM

Some are debatable, I agree. I worked with cops though.There are a reason we have rights and law.

Night and night all.

bazil9 on June 12, 2012 at 2:00 AM

‘Nite, Bmore. Pleasant Dreams!

jaime on June 12, 2012 at 1:58 AM

I can’t go yet, I have to load a tune for Dire. jaime, you didn’t happen to read the thread and glean what kinda tune I could load by chance did ya?

Bmore on June 12, 2012 at 2:01 AM

Greetings from the future!

DarkCurrent on June 12, 2012 at 1:58 AM

If it was raining, it would be Riddley Scott’s LA :)

tom daschle concerned on June 12, 2012 at 2:01 AM

Good Night bazil9 , Sweet Dreams.

Bmore on June 12, 2012 at 2:01 AM

SWalker on June 12, 2012 at 1:47 AM

SWalker on June 12, 2012 at 1:55 AM

I’m not sure. I don’t think even half of the cops are as you describe. Personally, I refused a police officer’s request to search my vehicle once. He asked why. I told him he had no probable cause and that I had a Constitutional right to refuse. (I didn’t have anything illegal, BTW.) He let me go with a warning for speeding (which I was doing).

You will admit, that there are times when police have to enter a dwelling (on probable cause) when they can’t make nice, knock and ring the doorbell, yes?

RedCrow on June 12, 2012 at 2:02 AM

(Lol. Hope that’s clear–exam at noon.)

RedCrow on June 12, 2012 at 1:55 AM

I’ve posted six things without a hitch.

My wife and kids hate it when I tell em to do something and that there is going to be an inspection later. It’s great being Hitler. :)

arnold ziffel on June 12, 2012 at 2:02 AM

Night and night all.

bazil9 on June 12, 2012 at 2:00 AM

Night, baz. See ya next time.

RedCrow on June 12, 2012 at 2:02 AM

Night Owl on June 12, 2012 at 1:53 AM

btw, to send a tweet directly to me you have to include the @ sign in your tweet, example; @floraduh1

To send a tweet directly to Treacher you would use @jtLOL

Flora Duh on June 12, 2012 at 2:02 AM