Obama: I couldn’t go to Wisconsin to campaign against Scott Walker because I was busy with stuff

posted at 7:21 pm on June 11, 2012 by Allahpundit

Via Mediaite, actual quote: “As president of the United States, I’ve got a lot of responsibilities.” Responsibilities? Wasn’t he golfing on Saturday, May 26, ten days before the election? In fact, wasn’t he right next door to Wisconsin in Minnesota and Illinois the Friday before the polls opened? I do believe he was. Let’s see what important presidential responsibilities he was tending to that day:

On Friday, he visited Minneapolis, Minnesota, for a midday speech and three fundraisers. He departed late afternoon for Chicago and three more fundraisers that evening. The president stayed overnight in his hometown and spent Saturday morning at his old home before flying back to Washington, D.C., for a brief stop before heading to Camp David for some downtime.

So just four days before the recall elections in Wisconsin that the state’s Democrats have worked 16 months to win, with potential implications for November 2012, the leader of their party did six fundraisers for himself in surrounding states but couldn’t find time for even a quick stop? Think about it: As Wisconsin Democrats were busy getting voters to cast early ballots Friday and organizing for Tuesday, Air Force One flew overhead twice — from Washington to Minnesota and Minnesota to Chicago.

According to BuzzFeed, he held 13 fundraisers during the two weeks before the election. And even so, having had six days to come up with an excuse for why he refused to fly into Madison and risk a loser-by-association narrative in the aftermath, the best he and Axelrod could come up with is “I was busy” — when we know for a fact that he wasn’t. I can’t believe this guy’s still leading on InTrade.

Silver lining: The 15-paragraph PolitiFact apologia for why this statement is “mostly true” should be epic. (“Obama is correct that presidents have many responsibilities.”)

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

Obama’s gps unit took him to milwaukee florida instead of milwaukee wisconsin.

gerrym51 on June 11, 2012 at 11:09 PM

He was drinking Old Milwaukee at all the fundraisers. Does that count?

msupertas on June 11, 2012 at 11:12 PM

Couldn’t they have at least buzzed Madison in Air Force One, then called it a photo op?

It worked in NYC.

Sort of.

Left Coast Right Mind on June 11, 2012 at 11:43 PM

Classic sociopathic tell. As soon as he said, “Well, ya know, the truth of the matter…,” it was lie.
Same with his histrionic comment about leaks from the White House being ‘offensive’, another lie.

Over30 on June 11, 2012 at 11:44 PM

He claims that he’s been provoked. That’s hardly sincere.

Gladtobehere on June 11, 2012 at 10:52 PM

1) that doesn’t answer the question I asked, either.

2) UES said he felt provoked by RWM – so what? He didn’t blame her for his own improper reaction to what he perceived as a provocation, which is what he apologized for.

3) you come off like the Lefties who rejected Rush’s apology to Fluke did!

Bizarro No. 1 on June 11, 2012 at 11:54 PM

Love the headline – sounds like a conversation with my teenager:

What’d you do today?
Oh, just some stuff with my friends.
Really, like what?
Oh, you know… like, STUFF!
Uh-huh…

Marcola on June 12, 2012 at 12:09 AM

Obarmy: I couldn’t go to Wisconsin to campaign against Scott Walker because I was busy with stuff, and stuff!!

Q. How do you know when a malignant narcissist is lying?

A. If he’s got his mouth open, it’s a pretty good signal.

——————————————————————–

Q. How do you know when you’re royally screwed?

A. If the malignant narcissist has his eyes open, you might be in the running.

hillbillyjim on June 12, 2012 at 1:22 AM

But,…but,….He killed Bin Laden and lowered his golf handicap by two strokes.

C’mon give the guy a little credit…

drowningpuppies on June 12, 2012 at 2:00 AM

C’mon give the guy a little credit…

drowningpuppies on June 12, 2012 at 2:00 AM

MMMmmmKay.

I’ma gonna give the guy a little credit!

Very little.

The SEALs had their deal done before Obarky came on to the scene, and the golf handicap is, sadly, easily dismissed unless you believe in The Wizard of Oz, The Easter Bunny and other factually facked-up versions of reality.

Good sources say that the punk can’t dunk. Why should I believe that he can play golf without a “handicap” bigger than his supposed IQ accruing to the opposing team?

Just askin’, dontcha know.

hillbillyjim on June 12, 2012 at 2:15 AM

“My raging malignant narcissism had me busy, focused on myself…”

anyone with a smidgeon of insight and a pinch of common sense could see this guy and his NPD from a mile away. instead of rejecting barry outright, the democrats opted to become his co-dependents, enabling him by overfeeding the non stop rush hour super highway of narcissistic supply he requires. now barry doesn’t love them anymore and is abandoning them to their fate- after all they did for Him.

no one is surprised by this save the democrats. good. he’s all yours. and, as usual with narcissists who are devoid of empathy, he could care less about his party. it’s all about barry and always was all about barry.

mittens on June 12, 2012 at 2:55 AM

3) you come off like the Lefties who rejected Rush’s apology to Fluke did!

Bizarro No. 1 on June 11, 2012 at 11:54 PM

Note: You reacted to my previous comment, which was an observation, with an insult. You aren’t any better than UES.

A sincere apology would take responsibility. Maybe something like…I overreacted and I’m sorry. That’s an apology because the emphasis is on his wrong behavior, not blaming others.

That’s exactly what he did. An apology is taking responsibility for your behavior and not accusing others. Saying you were provoked means the other person is at fault. His reasoning is that he went too far in defending himself after he was attacked. That’s not a sincere apology.

As for me, it’s time for bed.

Gladtobehere on June 12, 2012 at 3:08 AM

Obama:the gift that keeps giving? Will it matter to the voters what he says or does?

Don L on June 12, 2012 at 4:30 AM

Is there anything this “man” won’t lie about? I’ve NEVER heard him mention that he has EVER made a mistake. Absolutely no humility…

Disgraceful…

ArtVandelay on June 11, 2012 at 7:26 PM

Humility, to a liberal, is like a bucket of water to the Wicked witch -they know it would do them in so they shun it like the plague.

The same with truth -lying is a badge of honor to the left,(and their voters) we ought not to get too excited when we catch them in boldface lies -they love it -they cheer it. It is the first criterion they vote for.

Don L on June 12, 2012 at 4:37 AM

Obama is out of touch with reality (to restate the obvious).

He can’t provide accurate reports about reality, so he continues to “make stuff up.” Whatever works, he’ll say whatever suits his Delusion O’ The Day.

Lourdes on June 12, 2012 at 4:47 AM

He’s got a lot of things to do but he always has more than enough time to fly to Hollywood for Ellen’s show or to New York for another henparty with The View. Oh, and then there’s golf. He’s bizzy.

Lourdes on June 12, 2012 at 4:49 AM

BWhahahahahahahahahaha!! Keep Paying those Union dues and fees so all those powerful people can raise their leg on you members. Obama just flipped off all his unions supporters. I guess it means no invite to all those fund raisers, So hows it feel to Be rode hard and put away wet?

stormridercx4 on June 12, 2012 at 4:53 AM

…he has this neal little Air Force One thingy that pretty much had to fly around…

Minnfidel on June 11, 2012 at 7:28 PM

I bet that one of the strongest incentives for Barry to fly around on Air Force One — find him a destination so he can get there by flying around on Air Force One — is because he can “relax” on the plane and watch ball games on the teevee. I’d bet that he manufactures reasons to get up there in the air so he can lay back and watch games.

Lourdes on June 12, 2012 at 4:54 AM

Billy Blyth Clinton was a much better liar…………….for the most part.

Spots the Dog on June 12, 2012 at 6:33 AM

As president of the United States, I’ve got a lot of responsibilities.”

This is the Presidential version of that guy who always has an excuse why he can’t help you move next Saturday even though you helped him.

Happy Nomad on June 12, 2012 at 6:56 AM

Less than 5 months until he gets the hard news that he’ll have a LOT OF TIME OFF starting in January…

At least Carter found something to do after he left office (build houses)… Obama will NOT abide by the “code” and be a constant commenter because of his personality, or lack thereof…

Khun Joe on June 12, 2012 at 7:29 AM

The true enigma is not Obama and his plethora of lies, it’s the pathetic gaggle of slugs that continue to believe him.

rplat on June 12, 2012 at 7:30 AM

AP, the Intrade price isn’t as important as the bid/ask spread this early in the game. That’s narrowed considerably, meaning sellers are willing to hit the bid right away and are skeptical of the bid. In other words, sellers in the market are in complete agreement with you. To drive the overall price down below 50 will take more sell-side participants but the ground is prepared. Stay tuned.

MTF on June 12, 2012 at 7:35 AM

President Obama will attend six campaign fundraisers in a whirlwind trip to Maryland and Pennsylvania.

he’s sooooo busy, those little elections mean nothing to him

cmsinaz on June 12, 2012 at 7:49 AM

rplat on June 12, 2012 at 7:30 AM

Yes, and these people call Obama likeable. I’ve never understood how this man can be seen as likeable. Is it because he is perceived as “cool”? Because celebrities like him and tell us it’s “cool” to like Obama? Is it because people just like to repeat what they heard on The View or some late night comedy show?

The truth is that Obama comes off like a cold, narcissistic lightweight who apparently sees himself above others. The man seems bored, unhappy and indifferent to what is going on around him. Obama always seems slightly annoyed that not everyone is expressing their utmost appreciation for how lucky we supposedly are to have this man as President.

Give me the formal, competent, experienced, steady Romney any day over this blasé child Barack Obama and his embarrassing presidency.

bluegill on June 12, 2012 at 7:55 AM

They would have lost worse if he went. And they know it. Otherwise he would have gone.

hawkdriver on June 12, 2012 at 7:56 AM

Riiight, Scooter.

…And the Private Sector is just fine./

kingsjester on June 12, 2012 at 7:59 AM

bluegill on June 12, 2012 at 7:55 AM

I’m going to have to mark the calendar here for being in complete agreement with bg for once. I don’t get the likeable claim either. He is not warm or funny. He doesn’t get personable with anyone in public unless it’s a photo op. He never seems genuine. All staged and stiff.

Say what you want about George Bush but he was all these things.

hawkdriver on June 12, 2012 at 8:04 AM

bluegill on June 12, 2012 at 7:55 AM

can’t say cool anymore that is considered racist according to the CBC

cmsinaz on June 12, 2012 at 8:09 AM

Prezzy You’re On Your Own WI, got almost 12,000 votes in Missoula county in the primary. Mitt got 4,000. It is a liberal college town and still have Zero 08 bumper stickers. The rest of the counties in the area reported by our local rag were just the opposite, Mitt won by a landslide. There’s a lot more work to be done.

Kissmygrits on June 12, 2012 at 8:13 AM

It’s simple.
Wisconsin’s capital is ‘Madison’.
Madison is the guy that wrote that “charter of negative rights” that Obama doesn’t like.

Dexter_Alarius on June 12, 2012 at 8:21 AM

More hogwash! One term and out the door. We have had enough.

Amazingoly on June 12, 2012 at 8:42 AM

“As president of the United States, I’ve got a lot of responsibilities irresponsibilities.”

Fixed

NoFanofLibs on June 12, 2012 at 8:43 AM

It does take a lot of work to keep dodging loser events so he can keep his ‘WhiteHouse’.

btw. “My WhiteHouse” better be on the list of D.A. quotes by the pres. this week.

TerryW on June 12, 2012 at 8:52 AM

Not enough indignation. He needs to tap his inner phony incredulity – like in his security leak rebuttal.

Those poor battle weary folk in WI deserved nothing less.

LetsBfrank on June 12, 2012 at 9:22 AM

Please, the man does have many responsibilities. It just that they are all in memory and honor of Saul Alinsky and Vladimir Lenin. Why do anything but campaign when governance is totally beyond you and your team of clowns,[ Axelrod? Hah!]

arand on June 12, 2012 at 9:53 AM

Obama had too much stuff to do–stuffing his face and stuffing his campaign coffers to go stuff ballot boxes ‘way up north from Chi-town. That’s what dead people are for.

Steve Z on June 12, 2012 at 10:00 AM

Bwaaahahahahaha…

hopefloats on June 12, 2012 at 10:36 AM

The fund raiser in chief has zero credability. Sweet!

StevC on June 12, 2012 at 10:51 AM

Wow. Pretty awesomely pathetic, even for O’Butthead.

“I ate the dog who ate my homework”.

ICanSeeNovFromMyHouse on June 12, 2012 at 11:26 AM

He’s got lot’s of “spon’sibilities”?

Boy growing up sure stinks.

Well, we can let Mr. Obama go back to sucking his thumb in about 5 1/2 months.

Marcus Traianus on June 12, 2012 at 1:49 PM

I could not go to Wisconsin because: (Pick One)

I had to wash my hair

I had to put the cat out

I had a bad hangover

I could not miss 60 Minutes

I was watching Snookie

I could not miss American Idol

I took Michael Moore to lunch and that took hours

I was watching Bill Mahar call another woman a bitch

logicman_1998 on June 12, 2012 at 3:02 PM

I could not go to Wisconsin because of: (Pick One)

I could not miss 60 Minutes

I took Michael Moore to lunch which took 48 hours

I was watching Snookie

I was eating a hot dog…and he wasn’t happy

Eric Holder and I were discussing his testimony

I was playing golf

I was raising money

logicman_1998 on June 12, 2012 at 3:12 PM

As for me, it’s time for bed.

Gladtobehere on June 12, 2012 at 3:08 AM

I ‘insulted’ you, and you were only making an observation when you declared that UES was not sincere? lol

Let’s get this straight: in your mind, it’s ok for you to apply your standard about sincerity to UES, but it’s not ok for me to give you my opinion about how you come off? Do you know what the phrase “thin-skinned” means?

UES was taking responsibility for his own actions by saying that he was wrong. Anyway, you don’t understand that stating one’s personal feelings, as UES did when saying he felt provoked, does not an accusation make, do you?

The truth here is, you have shown yourself to be self-righteous, unforgiving, and rude, besides being a bad judge of a good apologies! :)

Bizarro No. 1 on June 12, 2012 at 3:20 PM

WI was not about HIM. obama fatigue, feeling it?

StevC on June 12, 2012 at 4:17 PM

if i say something offensive to a person(especially a lady which i rarely do)due to being provoked

Uppereastside on June 11, 2012 at 9:22 PM

Ah yes, the classic “crazy (blank) made me hit her” defense.

Well done.