Obama: I couldn’t go to Wisconsin to campaign against Scott Walker because I was busy with stuff

posted at 7:21 pm on June 11, 2012 by Allahpundit

Via Mediaite, actual quote: “As president of the United States, I’ve got a lot of responsibilities.” Responsibilities? Wasn’t he golfing on Saturday, May 26, ten days before the election? In fact, wasn’t he right next door to Wisconsin in Minnesota and Illinois the Friday before the polls opened? I do believe he was. Let’s see what important presidential responsibilities he was tending to that day:

On Friday, he visited Minneapolis, Minnesota, for a midday speech and three fundraisers. He departed late afternoon for Chicago and three more fundraisers that evening. The president stayed overnight in his hometown and spent Saturday morning at his old home before flying back to Washington, D.C., for a brief stop before heading to Camp David for some downtime.

So just four days before the recall elections in Wisconsin that the state’s Democrats have worked 16 months to win, with potential implications for November 2012, the leader of their party did six fundraisers for himself in surrounding states but couldn’t find time for even a quick stop? Think about it: As Wisconsin Democrats were busy getting voters to cast early ballots Friday and organizing for Tuesday, Air Force One flew overhead twice — from Washington to Minnesota and Minnesota to Chicago.

According to BuzzFeed, he held 13 fundraisers during the two weeks before the election. And even so, having had six days to come up with an excuse for why he refused to fly into Madison and risk a loser-by-association narrative in the aftermath, the best he and Axelrod could come up with is “I was busy” — when we know for a fact that he wasn’t. I can’t believe this guy’s still leading on InTrade.

Silver lining: The 15-paragraph PolitiFact apologia for why this statement is “mostly true” should be epic. (“Obama is correct that presidents have many responsibilities.”)

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

You Lie!

Electrongod on June 11, 2012 at 7:22 PM

Y’know, attending all those fundraisers and playing all those rounds of golf probably is pretty physically taxing…

Jeddite on June 11, 2012 at 7:23 PM

Fundraisers and whatnot.

Scrappy on June 11, 2012 at 7:23 PM

Ha , bald face too. How does this translate to Mass and Warren?

jake49 on June 11, 2012 at 7:25 PM

Lolz…

OmahaConservative on June 11, 2012 at 7:25 PM

Pathetic.

gophergirl on June 11, 2012 at 7:25 PM

…golfing…snacking on dog…singing…partying…hanging out with my Hollywood peeps, sport peeps, etc. etc

KOOLAID2 on June 11, 2012 at 7:25 PM

Fixing thingamajig takes a lot of time.

the_nile on June 11, 2012 at 7:26 PM

Is there anything this “man” won’t lie about? I’ve NEVER heard him mention that he has EVER made a mistake. Absolutely no humility…

Disgraceful…

ArtVandelay on June 11, 2012 at 7:26 PM

Oh, my…Allah has it in for Politicrap today…

*snicker*

BigWyo on June 11, 2012 at 7:26 PM

Too busy fundraising and mingling with the Hollywood Elite.

snosanric on June 11, 2012 at 7:26 PM

What, he waved while flying over Wisconsin to get from Illinois to Minnesota. The man is busy, busy, busy. but not too busy to wave. What do you people want from him? He’s just one man.

Fallon on June 11, 2012 at 7:26 PM

How does this translate to Mass and Warren?

jake49 on June 11, 2012 at 7:25 PM

Liawatha will probably beg him not to come…

OmahaConservative on June 11, 2012 at 7:27 PM

Hey, even though he taught at the University of Chicago law school for 12 years he didn’t have time to write any scholarly articles because he was too busy writing a book telling everybody how great he is and “community organizing.”

radjah shelduck on June 11, 2012 at 7:27 PM

Sounds like somebody’s been smok’in Michelle’s garden fertilizer.

CPT. Charles on June 11, 2012 at 7:27 PM

“America, have we plugged this hole yet?”

Electrongod on June 11, 2012 at 7:27 PM

Heh.

nukemhill on June 11, 2012 at 7:27 PM

First, hilarious thread title.

Second and OT: Not sure if any of you read J.E. Dyer’s piece about free speech in Britain. (http://hotair.com/greenroom/archives/2012/06/11/ceramic-pig-watch-offensive-speech-in-britain/)

I stumbled across it and thought it was an important article.

RedCrow on June 11, 2012 at 7:28 PM

Give the man a break, he had to prepare for a big date with Anna Wintour.

Lawdawg86 on June 11, 2012 at 7:28 PM

Just wow. From Minneapolis I can be in Western WI in about a half hour or so. With the presidential motorcade it would be even less. Not to mention he has this neal little Air Force One thingy that pretty much had to fly around Milwaukee’s airport to get to Chicago. Even more amazing is that there are people dumb enough to pay $50,000 to have dinner with him. A fool and his money.

Minnfidel on June 11, 2012 at 7:28 PM

I still can’t believe I once thought there would never be a bigger liar than Billy Jeff.

gsherin on June 11, 2012 at 7:28 PM

On Wednesday the White House released President Obama’s detailed itinerary through October: 1.Worry 2.Lie 3.Obfuscate 4.Golf 5.Fundraise 6.Worry Indeed, the president has much to worry about.

idesign on June 11, 2012 at 7:28 PM

So the president was essentially saying:

I will right after you are done sucking me off sis.

Uppereastside on June 6, 2012 at 12:35 PM

rogerb on June 11, 2012 at 7:29 PM

Sure you were, you purple-lipped, jug-eared bass-tard.

the new aesthetic on June 11, 2012 at 7:29 PM

“We are going to be fighting very hard in Wisconsin…” for MY election.

AndrewsDad on June 11, 2012 at 7:30 PM

He should have just said he couldn’t find his comfy shoes, otherwise he’d have been on the line with his purple shirted, like minded goon brothers and sisters. That way when the union tries to push to their members why they need to take more money out of members paychecks to reelect the guy they can pretend Obama would have stood with them if the world hadn’t conspired against him and hid those shoes.

Betenoire on June 11, 2012 at 7:30 PM

Heh. Obama sounds like the guys I’m interested in that are trying to ignore me. LOL!

terryannonline on June 11, 2012 at 7:30 PM

I cannot wait for the day when I don’t have to hear a presidential interview punctuated by that ANNOYING …yeh know… That verbal tic of his has grated on my nerves from the first time I ever heard him speak.

txmomof6 on June 11, 2012 at 7:30 PM

I is important.

I had to prepare 5 fundraisers in SF and Hollywood.

I had to prepare for Las Vegas.

I had to go to NY to tango with the truly rich and important.

I had to study what this thing “the economy” means.

Michelle is barking at me and spitting snakes.

Yada, yada, yada.

Schadenfreude on June 11, 2012 at 7:30 PM

He is always chasing the green. Over 150 fundraisers in early June, far more than any other POTUS. How many times has Urkel “hit the greens” More than any other POTUS I bet!
The first “Green” POTUS is startin to look a little “brown”, “wilting”, and even starting to “smell”!

ConcealedKerry on June 11, 2012 at 7:30 PM

rogerb on June 11, 2012 at 7:29 PM

So, did the ban hammer swing on yet another LibSpaz Toilet bug or what???

BigWyo on June 11, 2012 at 7:30 PM

Every time he opens his mouth these days, he writes another campaign ad for the GOP.

Imagine the fun of running one on this in Wisconsin. “Hey, he’s too busy for you, Badgers!”

Wethal on June 11, 2012 at 7:31 PM

“America, have we plugged this hole yet?”

Electrongod on June 11, 2012 at 7:27 PM

Not yet, but we will in November.

AZCoyote on June 11, 2012 at 7:31 PM

Yes, I’m sure you were, like trying to help Erick Holder figure out who leaked those incriminating e-mails to Daryle Issa.

SWalker on June 11, 2012 at 7:31 PM

Minnfidel on June 11, 2012 at 7:28 PM

That’s what is so funny. Hudson is considered part of the “metro area” it’s so close.

But hey he made it to the Bachelor Farmer with no problem.

gophergirl on June 11, 2012 at 7:31 PM

He didn’t answer the question but went on to lecture the reporter on his purported plan to help America. This is the most self-absorbed man in the universe…well, behind John Edwards and his hair.

allstonian on June 11, 2012 at 7:31 PM

Oh, my…Allah has it in for Politicrap today…

*snicker*

BigWyo on June 11, 2012 at 7:26 PM

The snark is magical tonight.

Spliff Menendez on June 11, 2012 at 7:32 PM

“As president of the United States, I’ve got a lot of responsibilities.”

Narcissistic puerile asshole, no sane president reminds a knowing world of your title.

Plus, ya haven’t really acted like one, hardly.

Schadenfreude on June 11, 2012 at 7:32 PM

Barry has priorities. And Barry is PRIORITY ONE!

GarandFan on June 11, 2012 at 7:33 PM

Dude, I told the Choom Wagon “hey, we should go to Wisconsin” but the Choom Wagon was all like “No way man, bad trip”.

The Chewbacca Defense on June 11, 2012 at 7:33 PM

rogerb on June 11, 2012 at 7:29 PM

So, did the ban hammer swing on yet another LibSpaz Toilet bug or what???

BigWyo on June 11, 2012 at 7:30 PM

Nope. Still posting as of about an hour ago. I wouldn’t quote a banned poster.

It’s funny how his comment applies to so many headlines, though.

rogerb on June 11, 2012 at 7:34 PM

“I had homework to eat my dog”

the_nile on June 11, 2012 at 7:35 PM

rogerb on June 11, 2012 at 7:29 PM

So, did the ban hammer swing on yet another LibSpaz Toilet bug or what???

BigWyo on June 11, 2012 at 7:30 PM

No, still posting. The ban hammer hasn’t gone all the way down.

de rigueur on June 11, 2012 at 7:35 PM

Oh man…….

This guy is just fueling the fire now.

BallisticBob on June 11, 2012 at 7:35 PM

Dirty little secret: Had he stopped in Wisconsin, Walker would’ve doubled his lead. Team Walker wanted him to stop by much more so than the dem pollsters there did.

TXUS on June 11, 2012 at 7:35 PM

OBAMA WAS TOO BUSY TO HEP BARRETT.

AS A RESULT, MANY LIBS WILL BE TOO BUSY TO HELP OBAMA IN NOVEMBER.

reliapundit on June 11, 2012 at 7:36 PM

It’s all about the ONE! I don’t need no stinkin’ Party.

Rovin on June 11, 2012 at 7:36 PM

The gift that keeps on giving..

Romeny ad.. fade in President I’m too busy.. show all the locations of the fund raises, amount raised ..then zoom to the number of newly unempoyed..

Close: Too busy to care

theblacksheepwasright on June 11, 2012 at 7:36 PM

President’en is hard work.

portlandon on June 11, 2012 at 7:37 PM

But hey he made it to the Bachelor Farmer with no problem.

gophergirl on June 11, 2012 at 7:31 PM

I never knew that Bachelor Farmer was owned by Duhton’s kids. Scratch that one off the list of places to eat I guess.

Barry should have just said, Hey I was pulling for Barret, but I wanted to stay out of the local issues and not be a distraction etc. or something. Yes it still would have been a lame excuse but better than I was busy. Wow, the press will spin away.

Minnfidel on June 11, 2012 at 7:38 PM

Fore!

visions on June 11, 2012 at 7:38 PM

The teleprompter is a fairly accomplished liar. This guy, not so much.

AubieJon on June 11, 2012 at 7:39 PM

I is important.

I had to prepare 5 fundraisers in SF and Hollywood.

I had to prepare for Las Vegas.

I had to go to NY to tango with the truly rich and important.

I had to study what this thing “the economy” means.

Schadenfreude on June 11, 2012 at 7:30 PM

I is kind.

I is smart.

I is important.

Fallon on June 11, 2012 at 7:39 PM

Allah,
A full week to create a plausable retort and the “Smartest” Man in the world delivers this?

This needs serious consideration for Obamateurism of the year.

Amadeus on June 11, 2012 at 7:40 PM

Minnfidel on June 11, 2012 at 7:38 PM

I didn’t either but I mostly stay away from “must eat” places unless they are holes in the wall. I like bar/comfort food.

gophergirl on June 11, 2012 at 7:40 PM

So, did the ban hammer swing on yet another LibSpaz Toilet bug or what???

BigWyo on June 11, 2012 at 7:30 PM

Nope, yet carbon_footprint was banned for stating Trayvon Martin’s Twitter moniker.
Go figure.

the new aesthetic on June 11, 2012 at 7:40 PM

KOOLAID2 on June 11, 2012 at 7:25 PM

Koolaid, you forgot that TFGP president was also smoozing with the LGBT community to raise some needed political capital… oops, just meant cash for the re-election effort. :)

uncommon sense on June 11, 2012 at 7:41 PM

I can’t believe this guy’s still leading on InTrade.

I can’t either, but I’m sure it won’t be for much longer. Wait until people are actually starting to pay attention.

cat_owner on June 11, 2012 at 7:42 PM

Yeah, like raising money in Hollyweird and Manhattan.

Union peeps, I hope that you finally realise: Obama is just not that into you…nor has he ever been.

The only thing he respects about you in the morning is your campaign donation, the volunteer work that you do getting him elected, and your adulation.

As Marc Theissen wrapped up his op-ed today:

“How bad is all this (“doing fine” plus) for the president? Here’s how bad: Last week Mitt Romney accused President Obama of being “out of touch with the American people.” When a guy building a California vacation mansion with a car elevator for his wife’s two Cadillacs calls you “out of touch” — and no one laughs — you know you are in trouble.”

We’re “Doing Time” While Obama Thinks The Private Sector Is “Doing Fine”

M2RB: Shaggy & Rik Rok

Resist We Much on June 11, 2012 at 7:43 PM

the new aesthetic on June 11, 2012 at 7:40 PM

When and where was carbon banned???

OmahaConservative on June 11, 2012 at 7:43 PM

My dog ate my homework.

Mason on June 11, 2012 at 7:44 PM

You just can’t make this stuff up! Are there any remaining believers out there who still believe in this POS

rjoco1 on June 11, 2012 at 7:44 PM

Obama: “Wish I could have been there.”

arnold ziffel on June 11, 2012 at 7:44 PM

When and where was carbon banned???

OmahaConservative on June 11, 2012 at 7:43 PM

A couple of months ago in the thread about the Norks testing weapons.
Simply used Trayvon’s twitter name in the thread.

the new aesthetic on June 11, 2012 at 7:46 PM

It’s funny how his comment applies to so many headlines, though.

rogerb on June 11, 2012 at 7:34 PM

..take it easy there, Roger. You’re doin’ the Lord’s work but we’d hate to lose YOU if Ed should wake up one morning cranky and stuff.

The War Planner on June 11, 2012 at 7:46 PM

Just one more reason even Democrats are recognizing he’s in over his head. If we had a free press, they surely would have vetted him and found fault with all the “present” votes he had and his lack of experience. If we survive, it’s going to be well worth the time spent because it showed the Democrats and the press for what they are, frivolous. They felt it was more important to elect the black guy than to elect a qualified person. If their bench is this weak (let’s face it they thought Obama was the best they had to offer) they might not get elected for years to come. As far as the press is concerned, who can trust them to be the ones providing us with the information we need to make the right decisions at election time? Certainly not the bunch we have now. Now wonder Fox News ratings are going up!!!

bflat879 on June 11, 2012 at 7:46 PM

uncommon sense on June 11, 2012 at 7:41 PM

Wonder how many of them he promised the Lincoln Bedroom to, you know, to have the first gay sex in the the White House of TFGP? Gotta know that it’s in the works for this group. Although, I’m not convinced that they will be the first during the last 3.5 years.

TXUS on June 11, 2012 at 7:47 PM

rogerb on June 11, 2012 at 7:29 PM

lol, outstanding.

arnold ziffel on June 11, 2012 at 7:47 PM

“As president of the United States, I’ve got a lot of responsibilities.”

What nutter reminds a knowing world that he is “the president of the United States”? This is a child in need for glory, no more, no less.

Schadenfreude on June 11, 2012 at 7:47 PM

Wait … did anyone listen to this effing nitwit in the video? OMGoodness, what a clown. He just blathered a bunch of nonsensical junk that didn’t even add up to complete sentences. It was tripe.

Bwwaaaaaa!

Jaibones on June 11, 2012 at 7:48 PM

What a chickens**t moron.180 some days till this National Nightmare is over.Can’t come fast enough!

jeffinsjvca on June 11, 2012 at 7:48 PM

A couple of months ago in the thread about the Norks testing weapons.
Simply used Trayvon’s twitter name in the thread.

the new aesthetic on June 11, 2012 at 7:46 PM

Correction, he substituted “6″s for the “g”s in the moniker. Banned. No warning. Nothing.

the new aesthetic on June 11, 2012 at 7:48 PM

On Wednesday the White House released President Obama’s detailed itinerary through October: 1.Worry Fundraise 2.Lie 3.Obfuscate 4.Golf 5.Fundraise 6.Worry Fundraise

idesign on June 11, 2012 at 7:28 PM

FIFY
He’s too narcissistic to worry.

talkingpoints on June 11, 2012 at 7:48 PM

Gays don’t “do” Wisconsin (apparently).

SouthernGent on June 11, 2012 at 7:49 PM

HILARIOUS.

Tim_CA on June 11, 2012 at 7:50 PM

When and where was carbon banned???

OmahaConservative on June 11, 2012 at 7:43 PM

He should have been banned much earlier. HA is a serious blog, no time for nonsense.

arnold ziffel on June 11, 2012 at 7:51 PM

Comedy Gold!

Except, uh, let me be clear, uh, he’s you know, the, uh, thingamjig, and uh…millionaires and billionaires…uh, you know, uh, Salad Buffet’s salary pays more taxes than my dishwasher, uh…

Oh yes, the nominal leader of the Free World.

Excuse me, I have 10 fundraisers to get through before we tee-off at 12 tomorrow at Augusta. Honey.

CorporatePiggy on June 11, 2012 at 7:52 PM

arnold ziffel on June 11, 2012 at 7:51 PM

You are an idiot.

the new aesthetic on June 11, 2012 at 7:52 PM

the new aesthetic on June 11, 2012 at 7:48 PM

Wow. Who dropped the hammer?

OmahaConservative on June 11, 2012 at 7:52 PM

TXUS on June 11, 2012 at 7:47 PM

Heck, I’m pretty sure he’d sell Mochelle’s mom for a pack of smokes, if he thought he would get re-elected. :)

uncommon sense on June 11, 2012 at 7:52 PM

the new aesthetic on June 11, 2012 at 7:48 PM

No worries. We love him still :)

Schadenfreude on June 11, 2012 at 7:52 PM

He is an amateur. He cannot even come up with a semi-believable lie.

bayview on June 11, 2012 at 7:52 PM

Mr. Obama, Your hypocrisy insults my intelligence.

phoebe1 on June 11, 2012 at 7:53 PM

“As president of the United States, I’ve got a lot of responsibilities.”

If I may: “As president of the United States, I’ve got a lot of responsibilities, but neglecting them is much more preferable.”

arnold ziffel on June 11, 2012 at 7:53 PM

You are an idiot.
pig on a Sixties sit-com.
the new aesthetic on June 11, 2012 at 7:52 PM

the new aesthetic on June 11, 2012 at 7:53 PM

Tweet this, Barry!

profitsbeard on June 11, 2012 at 7:53 PM

No worries. We love him still :)

Schadenfreude on June 11, 2012 at 7:52 PM

You are amongst my faves here. You have a way with words.

the new aesthetic on June 11, 2012 at 7:54 PM

I think you are all being to hard on the President. The list AP provided of all the things he had to do was not an all-inclusive one.

Just because our President is the leader of the free world, it does NOT mean his hair will wash itself.

Lily on June 11, 2012 at 7:54 PM

Wow. Who dropped the hammer?

OmahaConservative on June 11, 2012 at 7:52 PM

My guess is Ed.

the new aesthetic on June 11, 2012 at 7:54 PM

Meanwhile, back to Bain. Anyone getting the feeling that he’s phoning it in until his campaign figures out what to do next? Nothing’s working. Least of all him.

de rigueur on June 11, 2012 at 7:54 PM

You are an idiot.

the new aesthetic on June 11, 2012 at 7:52 PM

I might be but I was just kidding. Look back and see that I was concerned about CF missing.

arnold ziffel on June 11, 2012 at 7:55 PM

Obama may set a new record for Presidents on the “Completely-Full-Of-Sh*t-O-Meter”.

I mean seriously, does this idiot still have 50% approval? Incredible. Scariest part of democracy? Mind-numbed, uninformed morons get to vote.

mitchellvii on June 11, 2012 at 7:56 PM

Another ready made campaign commercial for Team Romney…

Seven Percent Solution on June 11, 2012 at 7:56 PM

de rigueur on June 11, 2012 at 7:54 PM

Not even phoning… just tweeting it in!

uncommon sense on June 11, 2012 at 7:58 PM

Schadenfreude on June 11, 2012 at 7:47 PM

Oh, Schad, he’s always reminding audiences who he is. When he went to Afghanistan to visit the troops, he introduced/”gave shoutouts to” the generals and high-ranking officials – pausing for applause after each. Then, he said (paraphrasing):

“And, I’m Barack Obama, President of the United States.”

Clap-clap-clap

Swoon-swoon-swoon

Resist We Much on June 11, 2012 at 7:58 PM

If turds could talk … oh, wait a minute, apparently they can!

Pork-Chop on June 11, 2012 at 7:58 PM

the new aesthetic on June 11, 2012 at 7:54 PM

Same for you. Hang in there. Times are tough, but maybe, just maybe, they are changing a tad.

arnold ziffel is a good one, on your side.

Schadenfreude on June 11, 2012 at 7:59 PM

Give the man a break, I mean he actually took the time to tweet that he was “Standing with” Barrett. I mean a figurative “Standing With” should be just as good as an actual “Standing With” when it comes from Obama, right?

/sarc

right of the dial on June 11, 2012 at 7:59 PM

uncommon sense on June 11, 2012 at 7:52 PM

Are you kidding, he’d actually smoke Moochelle’s mom to get re-elected. Or, is the proper term, “choom Moochelle’s mom”? Trying to stay hip, you know.

TXUS on June 11, 2012 at 7:59 PM