Poll: What was the Obamateurism of the Week?
posted at 9:01 am on June 10, 2012 by Ed Morrissey
Time once again to cast a vote in this thingamajig to pick the Whathisnameateurism of the Week! It was a bad week for solidarity in Wisconsin, and for Solidarity in Poland, too. In fact, we’re not seeing two different models of presidenting, but the same, consistent, amateurish operation.
Note: Friday’s press conference came too late to make it onto this week’s OOTW list, which comprises all of the OOTD entries from the past week. I can assure you that we will catch up to those comments next week.
Previous weekly “winners” in 2012:
- “Polish death camp“
- “[T]hose of us who have spent time in the real world . . .”
- Adds himself into presidential histories of his predecessors, screws up JFK quote
- “When I think about, ah, those soldiers or airmen or Marines, sailors, who are out there fighting on my behalf …”
- Includes Nazi collaborator/Hitler admirer in proclamation for Jewish American Heritage Month
- Obamas griped that the American public just did not appreciate their exceptional leader
- Gets annoyed when asked about number of vacations, doesn’t answer question
- “I’m confident that the Supreme Court will not take what would be an unprecedented, extraordinary step of overturning a law that was passed by a strong majority of a democratically elected Congress.”
- “This is my last election. After my election I have more flexibility.”
- Blames Fox News for his unpopularity because “they hear Obama is a Muslim 24/7, and it begins to seep in”
- Attacks Limbaugh while remaining silent on Maher contribution to his super-PAC
- Says “when the chips are down, I have Israel’s back,” WH claims it’s not a military doctrine
- Apology to Karzai “calmed things down“
- Uses Boeing plant in SC to cheer manufacturing after his NLRB tried to shut it down
- Emphasizes graduation rates in SOTU, cuts DC voucher program that nearly doubled grad rates
- “Well, it turns out our Founders designed a system that makes it more difficult to bring about change that I would like sometimes.”
- Finds claim of unemployment “interesting” because he is getting “the word” that woman’s husband should have no trouble finding work
- Hails Roe as essential to allow “our daughters … to fulfill their dreams“
- Shuts down DisneyWorld in order to promote tourism
- “He didn’t want to take pictures with any more soldiers; he was complaining about it[.]
- Famous opponent of signing statements issues one covering 17 provisions of bill he signed
Previous Obamateurisms of the Year:
- Giving 2 minutes of “shout-outs” before getting to the Fort Hood shooting (2009)
- Obama leaves Clinton at press conference podium on tax deal to attend Christmas party (2010)
- “I would put our legislative and foreign policy accomplishments in our first two years against any president— with the possible exceptions of Johnson, F.D.R., and Lincoln.” (2011)
Got an Obamateurism of the Day? If you see a foul-up by Barack Obama, e-mail it to me at email@example.com with the quote and the link to the Obamateurism. I’ll post the best Obamateurisms on a daily basis, depending on how many I receive. Include a link to your blog, and I’ll give some link love as well. And unlike Slate, I promise to end the feature when Barack Obama leaves office.
Breaking on Hot Air