Quotes of the day

posted at 9:31 pm on June 9, 2012 by Allahpundit

Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) said Friday he would be honored to join the Republican ticket as the vice presidential nominee, just one day after he endorsed Mitt Romney’s campaign.

“A year, year and a half ago, I was a physician in a small town, and it would be a great honor to be considered as a vice president for the Republican Party,” Paul told CNN. “I think that would be something that anybody who said otherwise would not be being truthful.”

But the first term senator said he had not discussed joining the ticket with Romney, whose vice presidential search is already underway.

***

Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul’s endorsement of Mitt Romney last night is igniting a fury of rage from his father’s hardcore fan base. In a sort of libertarian version of Bob Dylan going electric (ask your parents), the Kentucky senator’s enthusiastic endorsement of Romney has Ron Paul forums fuming with cries of “Judas” and “Benedict Arnold.”

“Rand is dead to me,” wrote, Ruffusthedog at the Daily Paul, a heavily-visited pro-Paul website. “He should have never done this.” “Rand Paul is a sell out,” user Alxnz exclaimed. “He just lost my vote in 2016.” “All he had to do was not open his mouth,” wrote user Conalmc. Others even took their anger out on Ron Paul himself. “What will it be Old Man Ron? Will you be forever remembered as the leader in the greatest liberty movement since 1776, or will you go down as Benedict Arnold incarnate,” threatened lionsuar7788. “We will never vote for Romney or your flimsy son.”…

On both forums, the tide of incredulous—and highly personal—comments continued ad nauseam. With Ron Paul’s diehard supporters being one of his most formidable assets, especially when it comes to winning straw polls or online money bomb fundraisers, you’ve got to wonder if Rand Paul risks jeopardizing the family brand.

***

[W]hile Paul is a helpful validator for Romney, endorsing Romney also gives Paul a level of mainstream credibility he lacked during his 2010 Senate campaign. It shows he’s willing to be a team player when it counts, and puts him on the safe side of any speculation over a third-party libertarian push.

And that could be crucially important or Paul if he decides to seek the White House himself in 2016 or beyond – as any number of operatives believe he hopes to do.

“Rand’s endorsement of GOP nominee Mitt Romney clearly shows that in spite of those who try to marginalize him, he has keen set of political instincts and is very much aware that a successful national run will require more than just his father’s loyal following,” said one Republican strategist close to Paul-world.

***

[N]o true libertarian, no true friend of liberty, and no true blue Tea Partier could possibly even consider, much less actually endorse or approve of, the Father of Obamacare, Big Government tax and spender, Republican Mitt Romney.

Especially the son of Ron Paul, who has no excuse.

Especially a medical doctor, who has even fewer excuses…

Vote Libertarian – the only political party that embraces the same core value as Dr. Ron Paul: Liberty!

***

Rand has never been the devout libertarian that his father is. He is certainly a libertarian-leaning Republican, and while he can often be a good ally to libertarians in the Senate, he is still first and foremost a Republican. And as a Senator he has much less latitude to diverge from the party line and needs other Senators to cooperate with him.

Because of this, the chances of him endorsing Libertarian Party candidate Gary Johnson were somewhere around one in one billion. While such an endorsement would make many libertarians happy, it would end his life as a Republican. It would mean that he would have no party support whatsoever come re-election time. It would alienate him from the party and mean he would get nothing accomplished in the Senate…

So while it may seem offensive that a liberty-minded person would endorse a candidate who supports such awful things as the PATRIOT Act and NDAA, it actually makes a lot of sense. I’d even go so far as to say it may be a price worth paying. If the endorsement solidifies Republican support and earns him points with the party establishment, it means he could have more freedom to chart his own course in the Senate.

***

As we have seen over the last few months, the Paul forces have the very real ability to not only disrupt the choosing of delegates to the Republican National Convention but also influence (and change) the leadership at various state parties around the country.

Does Rand Paul endorsing Romney mean that the Paul acolytes will immediately cease and desist in their efforts to have their views heard? No. But more so than most people who support a politician, the Paul folks listen to Ron/Rand and follow their wishes.

Rand’s endorsement then — when coupled with Ron’s email to supporters earlier this week urging politeness at the national convention — are a net win for Romney because they virtually ensure that there won’t be a genuine insurrection led by supporters of Paul at the convention. (Expect Romney to give Rand/Ron speaking slots at the convention too in hopes of throwing a sop to the Paul acolytes and push the theme of inclusion and big-tented-ness.)

***

At the Texas GOP Convention, Ron Paul addressed the issue that frustrates many people (including me) who like and respect him personally: the vocal, unbending supporters who were/are unwilling to accept any outcome other than Dr. Paul in the White House…

On the first day of the largest state convention in calendar year 2012, he told his supporters that upon arriving in Tampa for the Republican National Convention, they were to “be respectful.”

The bottom line is that Dr. Paul and his son do not appear to be trying to blow up the Republican Party. They seem to realize that they have a better chance of advancing their goals in the long run by working within the system. For all the talk about being revolutionaries, Dr. Paul wants to see his movement become mainstream.

This has always been where Dr. Paul diverges from his most hard-core supporters. They often want an all-or-nothing approach, leaving them marginalized. Dr. Paul is willing to take what he can get now and come back for the rest later. This is not “selling out.” This is “pragmatism,” which does not have to be a dirty word.

***

I realize it’s frustrating to hear Sen. Rand Paul endorse someone besides his father — especially a corporatist empty suit who flirts with Keynesianism and who shepherded key aspects of Obamacare into existence as governor of Massachusetts. But before you pounce, renounce and otherwise burn all the bridges, consider that the revolution can be evolutionary

If that involves making nice with Mitt Romney, so be it. Let’s not let our zeal blind us to the “adjacent possible.” In other words, don’t bulldoze the inroads you’ve made out of impatience or cynicism. You have moved the trenches forward. And having a strong liberty contingent close to any president means that president has a conscience speaking directly into his ear every single day…

There is a very strong argument to be made for letting the body politic bleed longer. That is, one could distance oneself from Romney, hoping he loses to the abysmal Obama in 2012. Then Rand Paul could run in 2016 with the support of both mainstream Republicans and Ron Paul revolutionaries. This is a fine idea except for the bleeding. That is: How much more can the Republic take of a Barack Obama administration? I know, I know. Obama and Romney are little different from your perspective. But consider that a Romney administration that includes Paul’s people — plus a well-composed Congress — could result in something really different from the rapid decline Obama is presiding over. Wishful thinking? No more so than counting on the stars aligning for a Rand Paul revolution four years from now.

***

If the movement is about Ron Paul, then it never had a future. It was born terminally defective. If it’s about ideas and ideals, it will never die. The only Party in which it has a chance to thrive, though, is the GOP, and the GOP must nurture at least some of Paul’s ideals if it is to have any useful existence of its own…

Whether or not Paul’s supporters can vote for Romney, they have to find a way to remain within the GOP even if Romney is the candidate. If they leave, they’ll find it hard to impossible to get back in, and if they don’t get back in, they’ll have to find a third-party home. That’s the path to complete irrelevance. They don’t have to like or vote for Romney, but they need to get more of their people in statehouses and Congress, and the easiest way to do that will be as Republicans.

If they don’t find a way to square that circle, they’ll be a historical footnote, and America will be the worse for it. They might start by not spitting on Rand.

***

***

Comments

Comment pages: 1 4 5 6 7 8

I miss that she doesn’t comment very much anymore.

Flora Duh on June 10, 2012 at 2:21 AM

Yep, me too, one of my favorites. Also one of the first folks here to ever be nice to me.

Bmore on June 10, 2012 at 2:25 AM

This and this is about as metal as I get. And then, only on special occasions.

John Hitchcock on June 10, 2012 at 2:26 AM

OmahaConservative on June 10, 2012 at 2:24 AM

We are blessed to have so many wonderful HA Ladies. ; )

Bmore on June 10, 2012 at 2:26 AM

OmahaConservative on June 10, 2012 at 2:24 AM

In my sweetest southern belle drawl, why thank you kindly suh.

Flora Duh on June 10, 2012 at 2:27 AM

My crowning triumph was a “Star Wars” shooter

RedCrow on June 10, 2012 at 2:19 AM

That’s pretty awesome. I just remember setting up simulations for playing craps and other gambling games.

John the Libertarian on June 10, 2012 at 2:27 AM

Cindy Munford on June 10, 2012 at 2:18 AM

I “feel” (No, I’m not a democrat) that there are two ways of posting links:

1. My way.
a. Copy your link URL. (The “http://…” thingy in the address bar.)
b. Type some stuff in your comment, until you get to where you want the link.
c. Click “link” at the top of the comment box. (The pop-up comes up with “http://” in it highlighted (Important).)
d. Right-click on the highlighted “http://” in the pop-up. Select “Paste” from the context menu. Check your work.
e. Type some stuff in the comment box that you want to form your clickable link, such as: “Check this out”.
f. Type </a>
g. Finish saying whatever brilliant stuff you were saying.
h. Click “Preview”. Right-click your link to make sure that it opens to where you expect.
i. Click submit if you’re happy.
j. Drink beer.

TBC…

RedCrow on June 10, 2012 at 2:27 AM

Also one of the first folks here to ever be nice to me.

Bmore on June 10, 2012 at 2:25 AM

Don’t let her see you say that. You’ll ruin her reputation.

Flora Duh on June 10, 2012 at 2:28 AM

We are blessed to have so many wonderful HA Ladies. ; )

Bmore on June 10, 2012 at 2:26 AM

I’d hug every one of them…

OmahaConservative on June 10, 2012 at 2:28 AM

OmahaConservative on June 10, 2012 at 2:20 AM

They use to say that if you cut a small V in the middle of your toe nail that it would grow toward that instead of the sides. Sounds like an old wives tale to me. Soaking will just be temporary if the nail stays where it is but it will feel a bit better.

Cindy Munford on June 10, 2012 at 2:29 AM

Katy doesn’t comment a lot but she really makes them count. I laugh and laugh.

Cindy Munford on June 10, 2012 at 2:30 AM

Since Cindy got us off on a metal direction. I’ll leave you all with this. Think of it as mellow metal.

Good Night All.

Bmore on June 10, 2012 at 2:30 AM

RedCrow on June 10, 2012 at 2:27 AM

I’ll give it another try, except the beer part. I don’t like beer. When people start out telling you that something is “an acquired taste”, I have to ask why I would do that.

Cindy Munford on June 10, 2012 at 2:32 AM

For Gramma Cindy. (Lol).

RedCrow on June 10, 2012 at 2:32 AM

Oh, arnold, I meant to give you this. :)

RedCrow on June 10, 2012 at 1:52 AM

The whole USA has been on the Crazy Train for some time.

arnold ziffel on June 10, 2012 at 2:33 AM

Don’t let her see you say that. You’ll ruin her reputation.

Flora Duh on June 10, 2012 at 2:28 AM

Reputation?///

I’d hug every one of them…

OmahaConservative on June 10, 2012 at 2:28 AM

Even a better blessing. ; )

Katy doesn’t comment a lot but she really makes them count. I laugh and laugh.

Cindy Munford on June 10, 2012 at 2:30 AM

Love to laugh! She can get you in stitches.

Bmore on June 10, 2012 at 2:34 AM

Katy doesn’t comment a lot but she really makes them count. I laugh and laugh.

Cindy Munford on June 10, 2012 at 2:30 AM

She sure does. Thanks for the toenail tip…
It hurts like a toothache…

OmahaConservative on June 10, 2012 at 2:34 AM

Cindy Munford on June 10, 2012 at 2:32 AM

You and my better half. ; )

Bmore on June 10, 2012 at 2:34 AM

Bmore on June 10, 2012 at 2:30 AM

Hmmmm, Tony Iommi!!!

Cindy Munford on June 10, 2012 at 2:35 AM

The way people change their “names” to go with their comments.

Cindy Munford on June 10, 2012 at 1:56 AM

EXACTLY. I’ll admit that’s hilarious sometimes.

John the Libertarian on June 10, 2012 at 2:11 AM

The way people change their “names” to go with their comments.

Cindy Munford on June 10, 2012 at 1:56 AM

EXACTLY. I’ll admit that’s hilarious sometimes.

John the Libertarian on June 10, 2012 at 2:11 AM

I agree..Plus the snark at times is very good!!..:)

Dire Straits on June 10, 2012 at 2:35 AM

Cindy Munford on June 10, 2012 at 2:32 AM

BTW, Cindy: You can also replace step “f” with another click of the “link” button!!!

(People who don’t know should know: Those buttons above your comment box work as toggles. That is: If you click them once, it starts something, and if you click them again, it ends something.)

RedCrow on June 10, 2012 at 2:36 AM

RedCrow on June 10, 2012 at 2:32 AM

That’s my ringtone on my cell phone.

Cindy Munford on June 10, 2012 at 2:36 AM

Yep. San Francisco I’ve been told is a beautiful place. A place I will never go. ; )

Bmore on June 10, 2012 at 1:40 AM

Just got home from seeing a fine piece of theater in The City. It is a place you should go sometime, as one of America’s world-class cities.

JohnGalt23 on June 10, 2012 at 2:36 AM

Dire Straits on June 10, 2012 at 2:35 AM

They are some funny funny folks. Why is it the few who ruin it for the many?

Cindy Munford on June 10, 2012 at 2:37 AM

The whole USA has been on the Crazy Train for some time.

arnold ziffel on June 10, 2012 at 2:33 AM

Indubitably.

RedCrow on June 10, 2012 at 2:37 AM

The way people change their “names” to go with their comments.

Cindy Munford on June 10, 2012 at 1:56 AM

EXACTLY. I’ll admit that’s hilarious sometimes.

John the Libertarian on June 10, 2012 at 2:11 AM

The way people change their “names” to go with their comments.

Cindy Munford on June 10, 2012 at 1:56 AM

EXACTLY. I’ll admit that’s hilarious sometimes.

John the Libertarian on June 10, 2012 at 2:11 AM

I agree..Plus the snark at times is very good!!..:)

Dire Straits on June 10, 2012 at 2:35 AM

Fixed!..:)

Dire Straits on June 10, 2012 at 2:37 AM

That’s my ringtone on my cell phone.

Cindy Munford on June 10, 2012 at 2:36 AM

Lol. That’s cool!
Mine is this.

RedCrow on June 10, 2012 at 2:39 AM

My sore toe needs to be put to bed…

OmahaConservative on June 10, 2012 at 2:39 AM

Bmore on June 10, 2012 at 2:30 AM

Adios, B. Vaya con Dios!

RedCrow on June 10, 2012 at 2:40 AM

My sore toe needs to be put to bed…

OmahaConservative on June 10, 2012 at 2:39 AM

Perhaps elevation is in order?

RedCrow on June 10, 2012 at 2:40 AM

John Hitchcock on June 10, 2012 at 2:26 AM

It’s not everyone’s cup of tea and I don’t like all of it. For a while all the singers sounded like Cookie Monster. I love great guitarists.

Cindy Munford on June 10, 2012 at 2:41 AM

Paulians hardest hit. Cannot wait to see what they have to say.

cozmo on June 9, 2012 at 9:36 PM

Here’s what I, one of (with all due modesty) the top Paulians around here, has to say:

I’ll be voting for Mitt Romney in November (well, actually October, as I’ll be voting by mail). I’m not terribly excited to do it, but I’ll get my arse in line behind the leader of my party.

You know what would make me much more enthusiastic about it? If it was Romney/Paul. That would get me knocking on some doors, and making some phone calls.

So, Mitt Romney… how much is that enthusiasm worth to you?

JohnGalt23 on June 10, 2012 at 2:41 AM

OT: I have a very sore big toe. Probably an ingrown toenail and I am only fifty seven. What should I do? Soak it in Epsom Salts?

OmahaConservative on June 10, 2012 at 2:20 AM

Dr ziffel here, bathroom surgery my specialty. I’ve heard that you get your pocket knife or x-acto out, wipe it with alcohol and the nail and toe. Try to pry the skin back a bit and relieve the pressure. If you can, clip some of the nail that is growing down off a little. Use peroxide and aquaphor or antibiotic cream. If that doesn’t work on Mon AM call the real doc. :)

arnold ziffel on June 10, 2012 at 2:42 AM

RedCrow on June 10, 2012 at 2:39 AM

I like it! I think I saw Fran Tarkington’s picture. My first football crush.

Cindy Munford on June 10, 2012 at 2:42 AM

My sore toe needs to be put to bed…

OmahaConservative on June 10, 2012 at 2:39 AM

Perhaps elevation is in order?

RedCrow on June 10, 2012 at 2:40 AM

I sure hope not. Would that mean infection or something?

OmahaConservative on June 10, 2012 at 2:42 AM

Dire Straits on June 10, 2012 at 2:37 AM

We knew what you meant.

Cindy Munford on June 10, 2012 at 2:44 AM

OmahaConservative on June 10, 2012 at 2:42 AM

arnold’s instructions are good and yes it can become infected. The soaking idea will help that.

Cindy Munford on June 10, 2012 at 2:45 AM

This is exactly my style of music. I wish I had his voice. I try to emulate him, but fail of course.

John Hitchcock on June 10, 2012 at 2:46 AM

JohnGalt23 on June 10, 2012 at 2:41 AM

Which Paul? On the ticket I mean. Not that either is likely.

Cindy Munford on June 10, 2012 at 2:47 AM

I just hate do-it-your-self-surgical-procedures. It never seems to go right, and I don’t live next door to Tijuana where I used to buy antibiotics without a doc…

OmahaConservative on June 10, 2012 at 2:47 AM

Here’s something different.

RedCrow on June 10, 2012 at 2:47 AM

John Hitchcock on June 10, 2012 at 2:46 AM

Yep, he’s a good singer and songwriter.

Cindy Munford on June 10, 2012 at 2:47 AM

Well, if he’s your first football crush, you might like to meet his cousin, Fran Tarkenton.

John Hitchcock on June 10, 2012 at 2:48 AM

Cindy Munford on June 10, 2012 at 2:32 AM

When I was young I didn’t like beer or cigarettes but I worked through it. Grew quite fond of both. Did quit smoking in 1989 though.

arnold ziffel on June 10, 2012 at 2:48 AM

OmahaConservative on June 10, 2012 at 2:47 AM

You might have to break down and go to the doctor. I took the Husband early this week because he fixed the lawn tractor barefooted. Not one of his better ideas.

Cindy Munford on June 10, 2012 at 2:50 AM

RedCrow on June 10, 2012 at 2:27 AM

The second way is the way Bmore (and others) learned.

2. The “different” way
a. Type your brilliant comment, with an idea of where you want to put your brilliant link.
b. Copy your link URL. (Various ways, as we’ve discussed.)
c. Go back to your brilliant comment and select the portion you want to be clickable with the mouse–it normally will highlight in blue.
d. Click the “link” button.
e. AGAIN, you need to hit Backspace to delete “http://”, then select the box and right-click “Paste”; OR just right-click in the highlighted text (“http://) and select “Paste”.
f. Clcik “OK” or hit “Enter”.
g. Check your work.
h. Hit Submit.
i. Drink beer. (Only optional for Cindy Munford.)

RedCrow on June 10, 2012 at 2:51 AM

OmahaConservative on June 10, 2012 at 2:47 AM

lol, we’re not talking appendectomy here—-just splinter removal or ingrown hair or toenail adjustment.

arnold ziffel on June 10, 2012 at 2:51 AM

arnold ziffel on June 10, 2012 at 2:48 AM

I’m too old to start now, plus when I make an azz of myself I want to be aware, so alcohol of any kind doesn’t fit into my phobias very well.

Cindy Munford on June 10, 2012 at 2:51 AM

We knew what you meant.

Cindy Munford on June 10, 2012 at 2:44 AM

Good deal!!..:)

Dire Straits on June 10, 2012 at 2:54 AM

arnold ziffel on June 10, 2012 at 2:51 AM

I already dug in there with a Swiss knife. Still bleeding…

OmahaConservative on June 10, 2012 at 2:54 AM

Wow, if anyone needs a troll fix they could wander over to the Gay Pac threat. More examples of specialists over there.

Cindy Munford on June 10, 2012 at 2:55 AM

Cindy Munford on June 10, 2012 at 2:51 AM

You are a better person for it. I enjoy wine as does my wife but sometimes we just stop for a few months.

arnold ziffel on June 10, 2012 at 2:56 AM

John Hitchcock on June 10, 2012 at 2:46 AM

Grew up listening to him. Know all the words. My cousin, who’s five years older than I, idolizes him.

I like him, but…

Give this a listen. Very pretty, IMO.

This one’s really good too.

RedCrow on June 10, 2012 at 2:56 AM

OmahaConservative on June 10, 2012 at 2:54 AM

I still like your hot water and Epson salts (or any salt for that matter) idea. Make it as hot as you can take it.

Cindy Munford on June 10, 2012 at 2:57 AM

Free at last! My weekend has officially begun!

A little better by phish

tom daschle concerned on June 10, 2012 at 2:58 AM

I’m too old to get gangrene or something. I like that toe and foot…

OmahaConservative on June 10, 2012 at 2:59 AM

arnold ziffel on June 10, 2012 at 2:56 AM

That’s suppose to be good for your heart. The Husband went to a wine tasting class.

Cindy Munford on June 10, 2012 at 2:59 AM

Here’s a song that gets my head bobbin’.

John Hitchcock on June 10, 2012 at 3:00 AM

I already dug in there with a Swiss knife. Still bleeding…

OmahaConservative on June 10, 2012 at 2:54 AM

Put gauze on it and hold, then peroxide. Wrap it with gauze or a band aid and give it a rest tomorrow. You don’t want to make things worse. I was just suggesting a little probe to see if you could alleviate the pressure. They are painful and my advice worked for me but maybe my toe wasn’t too bad. Hope you feel better.

arnold ziffel on June 10, 2012 at 3:00 AM

I like him, but…

Give this a listen. Very pretty, IMO.

This one’s really good too.

RedCrow on June 10, 2012 at 2:56 AM

I saw Mr. Morissey two years ago. It was awesome! I was in heaven when I heard the long pick slide opening of Death of a Disco Dancer.

May have even shed a little tear…

tom daschle concerned on June 10, 2012 at 3:01 AM

Cindy Munford on June 10, 2012 at 2:57 AM

He don’t want “bath salts” he might run out and bite someone on the mean streets of Omaha.

arnold ziffel on June 10, 2012 at 3:02 AM

tom daschle concerned on June 10, 2012 at 2:58 AM

The guitarist with Edgar Winter looks like the late great Randy Rhoads.

Cindy Munford on June 10, 2012 at 3:02 AM

arnold ziffel on June 10, 2012 at 3:00 AM

Thanks. I’m pretty fond of mu toe…

OmahaConservative on June 10, 2012 at 3:03 AM

arnold ziffel on June 10, 2012 at 3:02 AM

LOL!!!! Okay, let me clarify, Epson or table salts. Definitely no bath salts!!

Cindy Munford on June 10, 2012 at 3:03 AM

Which Paul? On the ticket I mean. Not that either is likely.

Cindy Munford on June 10, 2012 at 2:47 AM

Rand is a possibility. How likely of one is debatable.

I’m a huge Ron Paul supporter, and I would advise Mitt Romney that making Ron Paul your veep is suicide. Not political suicide. Not metaphorical suicide. Genuine, you become your own god over your own Mormon universe suicide.

There is some Ron Paul fanatic out there (and in truth, there are probably a few of them) who, if Ron Paul was Vice-President, would make it their mission to kill Mitt Romney so Ron Paul could assume the office of President. They would do so even in the face of their own certain annihilation. They would do so even if the likelihood of success was remote, comfortable in the belief that if they failed, there would be someone else to take up their cause. And someone would prove them right. They would do so, even if Ron Paul gave explicit instructions to his followers to ensure the safety of Mitt Romney, convincing themselves that Ron Paul really supports them, but just can’t say so.

We see ourselves as rEVOLut10naries. The problem with assuming that stance is, inevitably, some of your supporters are rigid ideologues and fanatics. And now, it is the job of the more responsible and wise of us to bring our more intemperate brothers-in-arms back into the fold.

These are among the people spitting on Rand right now.

JohnGalt23 on June 10, 2012 at 3:04 AM

I already dug in there with a Swiss knife. Still bleeding…

OmahaConservative on June 10, 2012 at 2:54 AM

DUDE! Perhaps you should give a thought to getting it checked out!

RedCrow on June 10, 2012 at 3:04 AM

Here’s a song that gets my head bobbin’.

John Hitchcock on June 10, 2012 at 3:00 AM

Interesting. Never heard it before.

RedCrow on June 10, 2012 at 3:05 AM

DUDE! Perhaps you should give a thought to getting it checked out!

RedCrow on June 10, 2012 at 3:04 AM

A little late tonight. Isn’t the wahhmbulance closed?

OmahaConservative on June 10, 2012 at 3:07 AM

A little late tonight. Isn’t the wahhmbulance closed?

OmahaConservative on June 10, 2012 at 3:07 AM

The Amberlamps are never closed!

tom daschle concerned on June 10, 2012 at 3:08 AM

JohnGalt23 on June 10, 2012 at 3:04 AM

I think Gov. Romney will probably find a way to encourage supporters of Rep. Paul to work with him. Whether he is really interested or just looking for votes will be interesting to watch for. You cracked me up with the chain of command theory of some of your fellow Paul supporters. They must be very frustrated.

Cindy Munford on June 10, 2012 at 3:09 AM

tom daschle concerned on June 10, 2012 at 3:01 AM

He’s got quite the voice. And, Johnny Marr was quite a musician. (A great “chord-jangler” if you ask me.)

Don’t mean to drown you with hits, or anything.

PS–Love the track you posted.

RedCrow on June 10, 2012 at 3:09 AM

A little late tonight. Isn’t the wahhmbulance closed?

OmahaConservative on June 10, 2012 at 3:07 AM

Lol. Well, okay. Good luck with that toe, tough guy. :)

RedCrow on June 10, 2012 at 3:10 AM

Yup, I liked that Edgar Winter Group jam.

John Hitchcock on June 10, 2012 at 3:10 AM

OUCH! That f-ing hot water and Epsom Salts stings/hurts like hell…

OmahaConservative on June 10, 2012 at 3:11 AM

Fixed!..:)

Dire Straits on June 10, 2012 at 2:37 AM

That’s the funniest post of the night.

John the Libertarian on June 10, 2012 at 3:12 AM

Never heard Creeque Alley? It’s only a classic.

John Hitchcock on June 10, 2012 at 3:14 AM

Cindy Munford on June 10, 2012 at 2:59 AM

It’s another questionable call by medical researchers looking for grants. (Remember eggs? Good-Bad-Good? And so many other foods/substances.) YOU CAN’T TRUST ANY OF THEM!

My advice? Do whatever the F*** you want to do in moderation. ANYTHING!

(PS–The wine “backtrack” is recent.)

RedCrow on June 10, 2012 at 3:14 AM

OmahaConservative on June 10, 2012 at 3:11 AM

Don’t scald yourself!

Cindy Munford on June 10, 2012 at 3:15 AM

RedCrow on June 10, 2012 at 3:09 AM

RedCrow…I used to think that The Clash was the most underrated band of all time…but now I am leaning towards The SMiths…

That reverb, excellent programming, production, and mixing…

Every song has its own mood.

tom daschle concerned on June 10, 2012 at 3:17 AM

Creeque Alley

John Hitchcock on June 10, 2012 at 3:14 AM

Their best, IMHO. But then I Saw Her Again Last Night is awesome.

John the Libertarian on June 10, 2012 at 3:17 AM

RedCrow on June 10, 2012 at 3:14 AM

I think they are sticking with the red wines or even grape juices being good for you. That said, I agree with not believing any of these things, they change their minds constantly. I think it is why I can’t even consider global warming being anything but a farce.

Cindy Munford on June 10, 2012 at 3:17 AM

In a sort of libertarian version of Bob Dylan going electric (ask your parents)

Good one Al. But I don’t have to ask my parents- they don’t even know who Dylan is.

leftnomore on June 10, 2012 at 3:19 AM

Cindy Munford on June 10, 2012 at 3:09 AM

Oh, I assure you, he’s only looking for votes. That’s what Mitt Romney does. On some weird level, it’s something I respect about the man. If he actually developed some unshakable beliefs, I’d be worried about a lot of things, not the least of which is, any belief Mitt Romney clung to very strenuously is probably one I’d be upset over.

And yeah, a few of the most vocal ones are upset. Time will help. Getting Mitt Romney out there and having him publicly demonstrate a concern for a couple of Liberty issues will help. If I were Mitt Romney, I would take a real interest in demonstrating that, under a Romney presidency, American citizens wouldn’t be blown away by death robots without some sort of judicial oversight. Something like that would help, a lot.

But played well, I think Romney can bring most of the Paulestinians into the tent, if somewhat less than enthusiastically. Contrary to the anti-Paul-bot crowd around here, damn few of them have anything but raging contempt for the 0. Mitt just has to keep tap-dancing for the next five months, as fast as he can.

JohnGalt23 on June 10, 2012 at 3:19 AM

Here’s a song we got to sing in Middle School music class (because it was all over the airwaves).

John Hitchcock on June 10, 2012 at 3:19 AM

Don’t scald yourself!

Cindy Munford on June 10, 2012 at 3:15 AM

Lolz. Well I didn’t boil it, just drew it from the bathtub tap. It did make me want to pee. Wonder how many squares of Charmin Ann would allow me if I needed them?

OmahaConservative on June 10, 2012 at 3:20 AM

tom daschle concerned on June 10, 2012 at 3:17 AM

Were they underrated?!? (The Clash certainly was, but The Smiths?) I’m not sure. I think that they were “considered heavily.”

The Clash–I’d agree. But by their own self-admission, they weren’t very good musicians.

RedCrow on June 10, 2012 at 3:23 AM

I love Bob Dylan’s music … but only if someone else sings it.

heh heh

John Hitchcock on June 10, 2012 at 3:23 AM

John Hitchcock on June 10, 2012 at 3:19 AM

Nice blog. I used to be active on twitter and had a blog…6 or so years ago. I just couldn’t dedicate myself to it. My twitter account attracted Breitbart (before I knew who he was LOL!) and Jake Tapper. I was deep into it. Logging long hours, finding news, digging deep into google searches to find information and links.

It was exhausting. I burned out pretty fast.

I still enjoy going hard after info when big news stories break. Trying to be the first to find infos before anyone else does. It is a weird way to get a rush.

tom daschle concerned on June 10, 2012 at 3:26 AM

tom daschle concerned on June 10, 2012 at 2:58 AM

Never mind, it was Rick Derringer, I had to investigate when I figured the time line couldn’t be right.

Cindy Munford on June 10, 2012 at 3:28 AM

JohnGalt23 on June 10, 2012 at 3:19 AM

The “anti-Paul-bot crowd”? Forgive me, but I’d have gladly voted for Ron Paul, had he gotten the nomination in front of Romney. The “Paulbots” at HA don’t really feel that way toward Romney. (I see it as a big problem.)

I think you’re fooling yourself.

RedCrow on June 10, 2012 at 3:28 AM

I love Bob Dylan’s music … but only if someone else sings it.

heh heh

John Hitchcock on June 10, 2012 at 3:23 AM

Greatest American poet, ever! (IMO)

RedCrow on June 10, 2012 at 3:29 AM

JohnGalt23 on June 10, 2012 at 3:19 AM

He might even actually cut some spending and other positive tactics in order to get reelected. Obama wasn’t smart enough to do that. I guess he thought we would make him our king.

Cindy Munford on June 10, 2012 at 3:29 AM

Wonder how many squares of Charmin Ann would allow me if I needed them?

OmahaConservative on June 10, 2012 at 3:20 AM

As many as you need but only because you are injured.

Cindy Munford on June 10, 2012 at 3:30 AM

I love Bob Dylan’s music … but only if someone else sings it.

heh heh

John Hitchcock on June 10, 2012 at 3:23 AM

Especially The Dead :)

tom daschle concerned on June 10, 2012 at 3:31 AM

RedCrow on June 10, 2012 at 3:29 AM

He and Kristofferson need to write more, sing less.

Cindy Munford on June 10, 2012 at 3:32 AM

Cindy Munford on June 10, 2012 at 3:28 AM

I had to check…I know Randy played with Ozzy, but he died at 25???? He is one of the guitar greats.

tom daschle concerned on June 10, 2012 at 3:34 AM

It was exhausting. I burned out pretty fast.

tom daschle concerned on June 10, 2012 at 3:26 AM

Thanks. I do have a few big-named twitter followers and even had some Breitbart authors tweet a 10-month-old article I wrote, so I got a mini-lanche out of it 10 months after I wrote it. It can get to be tedious and too job-like (gotta get those 2 articles out today because I didn’t write an article yesterday but I don’t know what to write about today and I’m not really interested in writing but I’ll lose readership if I don’t write something ***breathe*** so I gotta find something to write about and then I gotta hunt down some linkage for what I’m gonna write about but I don’t know what that is) but overall, it is enjoyable and it makes me feel like I’m making a difference and not being one of those good men who say nothing.

John Hitchcock on June 10, 2012 at 3:35 AM

Romance in Durango

RedCrow on June 10, 2012 at 3:37 AM

Ya know, I’ve known about the Grateful Dead for the past 100 years, but that’s the first time I’ve ever heard them.

John Hitchcock on June 10, 2012 at 3:41 AM

tom daschle concerned on June 10, 2012 at 3:34 AM

Rhoads and Derringer looked similar, I guess he could have played with Winter since he was with Ozzy in 1979. I’ve always wanted one of these, I would hang it like art.

Cindy Munford on June 10, 2012 at 3:44 AM