Quotes of the day

posted at 9:31 pm on June 9, 2012 by Allahpundit

Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) said Friday he would be honored to join the Republican ticket as the vice presidential nominee, just one day after he endorsed Mitt Romney’s campaign.

“A year, year and a half ago, I was a physician in a small town, and it would be a great honor to be considered as a vice president for the Republican Party,” Paul told CNN. “I think that would be something that anybody who said otherwise would not be being truthful.”

But the first term senator said he had not discussed joining the ticket with Romney, whose vice presidential search is already underway.

***

Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul’s endorsement of Mitt Romney last night is igniting a fury of rage from his father’s hardcore fan base. In a sort of libertarian version of Bob Dylan going electric (ask your parents), the Kentucky senator’s enthusiastic endorsement of Romney has Ron Paul forums fuming with cries of “Judas” and “Benedict Arnold.”

“Rand is dead to me,” wrote, Ruffusthedog at the Daily Paul, a heavily-visited pro-Paul website. “He should have never done this.” “Rand Paul is a sell out,” user Alxnz exclaimed. “He just lost my vote in 2016.” “All he had to do was not open his mouth,” wrote user Conalmc. Others even took their anger out on Ron Paul himself. “What will it be Old Man Ron? Will you be forever remembered as the leader in the greatest liberty movement since 1776, or will you go down as Benedict Arnold incarnate,” threatened lionsuar7788. “We will never vote for Romney or your flimsy son.”…

On both forums, the tide of incredulous—and highly personal—comments continued ad nauseam. With Ron Paul’s diehard supporters being one of his most formidable assets, especially when it comes to winning straw polls or online money bomb fundraisers, you’ve got to wonder if Rand Paul risks jeopardizing the family brand.

***

[W]hile Paul is a helpful validator for Romney, endorsing Romney also gives Paul a level of mainstream credibility he lacked during his 2010 Senate campaign. It shows he’s willing to be a team player when it counts, and puts him on the safe side of any speculation over a third-party libertarian push.

And that could be crucially important or Paul if he decides to seek the White House himself in 2016 or beyond – as any number of operatives believe he hopes to do.

“Rand’s endorsement of GOP nominee Mitt Romney clearly shows that in spite of those who try to marginalize him, he has keen set of political instincts and is very much aware that a successful national run will require more than just his father’s loyal following,” said one Republican strategist close to Paul-world.

***

[N]o true libertarian, no true friend of liberty, and no true blue Tea Partier could possibly even consider, much less actually endorse or approve of, the Father of Obamacare, Big Government tax and spender, Republican Mitt Romney.

Especially the son of Ron Paul, who has no excuse.

Especially a medical doctor, who has even fewer excuses…

Vote Libertarian – the only political party that embraces the same core value as Dr. Ron Paul: Liberty!

***

Rand has never been the devout libertarian that his father is. He is certainly a libertarian-leaning Republican, and while he can often be a good ally to libertarians in the Senate, he is still first and foremost a Republican. And as a Senator he has much less latitude to diverge from the party line and needs other Senators to cooperate with him.

Because of this, the chances of him endorsing Libertarian Party candidate Gary Johnson were somewhere around one in one billion. While such an endorsement would make many libertarians happy, it would end his life as a Republican. It would mean that he would have no party support whatsoever come re-election time. It would alienate him from the party and mean he would get nothing accomplished in the Senate…

So while it may seem offensive that a liberty-minded person would endorse a candidate who supports such awful things as the PATRIOT Act and NDAA, it actually makes a lot of sense. I’d even go so far as to say it may be a price worth paying. If the endorsement solidifies Republican support and earns him points with the party establishment, it means he could have more freedom to chart his own course in the Senate.

***

As we have seen over the last few months, the Paul forces have the very real ability to not only disrupt the choosing of delegates to the Republican National Convention but also influence (and change) the leadership at various state parties around the country.

Does Rand Paul endorsing Romney mean that the Paul acolytes will immediately cease and desist in their efforts to have their views heard? No. But more so than most people who support a politician, the Paul folks listen to Ron/Rand and follow their wishes.

Rand’s endorsement then — when coupled with Ron’s email to supporters earlier this week urging politeness at the national convention — are a net win for Romney because they virtually ensure that there won’t be a genuine insurrection led by supporters of Paul at the convention. (Expect Romney to give Rand/Ron speaking slots at the convention too in hopes of throwing a sop to the Paul acolytes and push the theme of inclusion and big-tented-ness.)

***

At the Texas GOP Convention, Ron Paul addressed the issue that frustrates many people (including me) who like and respect him personally: the vocal, unbending supporters who were/are unwilling to accept any outcome other than Dr. Paul in the White House…

On the first day of the largest state convention in calendar year 2012, he told his supporters that upon arriving in Tampa for the Republican National Convention, they were to “be respectful.”

The bottom line is that Dr. Paul and his son do not appear to be trying to blow up the Republican Party. They seem to realize that they have a better chance of advancing their goals in the long run by working within the system. For all the talk about being revolutionaries, Dr. Paul wants to see his movement become mainstream.

This has always been where Dr. Paul diverges from his most hard-core supporters. They often want an all-or-nothing approach, leaving them marginalized. Dr. Paul is willing to take what he can get now and come back for the rest later. This is not “selling out.” This is “pragmatism,” which does not have to be a dirty word.

***

I realize it’s frustrating to hear Sen. Rand Paul endorse someone besides his father — especially a corporatist empty suit who flirts with Keynesianism and who shepherded key aspects of Obamacare into existence as governor of Massachusetts. But before you pounce, renounce and otherwise burn all the bridges, consider that the revolution can be evolutionary

If that involves making nice with Mitt Romney, so be it. Let’s not let our zeal blind us to the “adjacent possible.” In other words, don’t bulldoze the inroads you’ve made out of impatience or cynicism. You have moved the trenches forward. And having a strong liberty contingent close to any president means that president has a conscience speaking directly into his ear every single day…

There is a very strong argument to be made for letting the body politic bleed longer. That is, one could distance oneself from Romney, hoping he loses to the abysmal Obama in 2012. Then Rand Paul could run in 2016 with the support of both mainstream Republicans and Ron Paul revolutionaries. This is a fine idea except for the bleeding. That is: How much more can the Republic take of a Barack Obama administration? I know, I know. Obama and Romney are little different from your perspective. But consider that a Romney administration that includes Paul’s people — plus a well-composed Congress — could result in something really different from the rapid decline Obama is presiding over. Wishful thinking? No more so than counting on the stars aligning for a Rand Paul revolution four years from now.

***

If the movement is about Ron Paul, then it never had a future. It was born terminally defective. If it’s about ideas and ideals, it will never die. The only Party in which it has a chance to thrive, though, is the GOP, and the GOP must nurture at least some of Paul’s ideals if it is to have any useful existence of its own…

Whether or not Paul’s supporters can vote for Romney, they have to find a way to remain within the GOP even if Romney is the candidate. If they leave, they’ll find it hard to impossible to get back in, and if they don’t get back in, they’ll have to find a third-party home. That’s the path to complete irrelevance. They don’t have to like or vote for Romney, but they need to get more of their people in statehouses and Congress, and the easiest way to do that will be as Republicans.

If they don’t find a way to square that circle, they’ll be a historical footnote, and America will be the worse for it. They might start by not spitting on Rand.

***

***

Comments

Comment pages: 1 3 4 5 6 7 8

Bmore on June 10, 2012 at 1:28 AM

Shouldn’t he smite it or something????

Cindy Munford on June 10, 2012 at 1:30 AM

arnold ziffel on June 10, 2012 at 1:25 AM

Admit it, you enjoyed her. ; )

Bmore on June 10, 2012 at 1:31 AM

Cause I love my friends. LOL! You should see what I send my enemies. ; )

Bmore on June 10, 2012 at 1:27 AM

I’m scared to look. Probably like the picture of Sheila Jackson Lee that someone posted on a Headlines thread a few days ago.

22044 on June 10, 2012 at 1:31 AM

Shouldn’t he smite it or something????

Cindy Munford on June 10, 2012 at 1:30 AM

Yes he should. The larger question would be, why the heII hasn’t he?

Bmore on June 10, 2012 at 1:32 AM

He’ll probably be okay as long as he doesn’t rehire Schmidt and that Nicole (??) chick.

Cindy Munford on June 10, 2012 at 1:26 AM

You mean these guys?

arnold ziffel on June 10, 2012 at 1:32 AM

John the Libertarian on June 10, 2012 at 1:29 AM

No, people read but sometime it’s hard to respond to comments unless a specific question is asked. Do you really think there is a lot of raunchy joke telling?

Cindy Munford on June 10, 2012 at 1:33 AM

I’m scared to look.

22044 on June 10, 2012 at 1:31 AM

Once you look it can never be unlooked. ; )

Bmore on June 10, 2012 at 1:34 AM

arnold ziffel on June 10, 2012 at 1:32 AM

I got “Server not found”! Even the internet doesn’t like them.

Cindy Munford on June 10, 2012 at 1:34 AM

From WaPo: President Obama bristles when he is the target of activist tactics he once used

The Barack Obama who spars with liberals in private seems far different from the man most Americans have come to know for his even-keeled, cerebral presence. He drops the formalities of his position and the familiar rhetoric of his speeches, revealing a president willing to speak personally and candidly to his allies, and also one who can be thin-skinned, irritable, even sarcastic and hectoring if his motives or tactics are questioned. He talks about his own ethnicity, his immigrant roots, his political high wire as a black president with a Muslim middle name — and then seems surprised when advocates who took deep inspiration from his election nevertheless question his commitment to their causes.

Flora Duh on June 10, 2012 at 1:34 AM

Sometimes I come into a thread that is so far along that anything I could say would either be repetitive or useless. They are still fun to read. We have some really intelligent and clever people at Hot Air, they know about stuff I haven’t even thought about.

Cindy Munford on June 10, 2012 at 1:29 AM

Yes darlin’
After all these years you are still my very favorite poster to post with. You are a real sweetheart and I hope and pray Mr. M realizes what a gem he caught all those years ago. God Bless you my dear…

OmahaConservative on June 10, 2012 at 1:35 AM

You mean these guys?

arnold ziffel on June 10, 2012 at 1:32 AM

Stinky check your linky. ; )

Bmore on June 10, 2012 at 1:35 AM

Bmore on June 10, 2012 at 1:32 AM

Cindy Munford on June 10, 2012 at 1:37 AM

Admit it, you enjoyed her. ; )

Bmore on June 10, 2012 at 1:31 AM

Woke up with such a bad hangover I couldn’t tell if it was a horse head in bed or Jack Nicholson as the Joker.

arnold ziffel on June 10, 2012 at 1:38 AM

OmahaConservative on June 10, 2012 at 1:35 AM

You are to kind, I am so glad to have you back around.

Cindy Munford on June 10, 2012 at 1:39 AM

I got “Server not found”! Even the internet doesn’t like them.

Cindy Munford on June 10, 2012 at 1:34 AM

Banned from the internets? Now that would be cool.

22044 on June 10, 2012 at 1:39 AM

John the Libertarian on June 10, 2012 at 1:29 AM

That is a good point..Definitely a zoo at times!!..:)

Dire Straits on June 10, 2012 at 1:40 AM

Cindy Munford on June 10, 2012 at 1:37 AM

Yep. San Francisco I’ve been told is a beautiful place. A place I will never go. ; )

Bmore on June 10, 2012 at 1:40 AM

He works in mysterious ways. If she represented any place in the world but San Fransisco, her interpretation of the Catholic religion would be a gateway to retirement. HELL

Cindy Munford on June 10, 2012 at 1:37 AM

FIFY

OmahaConservative on June 10, 2012 at 1:40 AM

Oddly enough many of the anti-Palin protagonists were HUGE supporters of Gov. Romney. All of which seem to have disappeared. I guess “Mission Accomplished”!.

Cindy Munford on June 10, 2012 at 1:16 AM

Funny that. Most of them pretended not to be wild about Mitt while being wild about Mitt. They HATED HATED HATED Palin and her supporters.

SparkPlug on June 10, 2012 at 1:40 AM

I got “Server not found”! Even the internet doesn’t like them.

Cindy Munford on June 10, 2012 at 1:34 AM

I’m a loser. I don’t know why that happens. I link/click the same way.

sometimes it works sometimes not.

arnold ziffel on June 10, 2012 at 1:40 AM

Okay. I’m back. You guys can start commenting ag–What the F@@@!! What were you guys thinking?!

Now I’m waaay behind!

RedCrow on June 10, 2012 at 1:41 AM

Cindy Munford on June 10, 2012 at 1:29 AM

Hear!..Hear!..I definitely agree!!..:)

Dire Straits on June 10, 2012 at 1:42 AM

Flora Duh on June 10, 2012 at 1:34 AM

Cindy Munford on June 10, 2012 at 1:44 AM

arnold ziffel on June 10, 2012 at 1:38 AM

LOL! One more for the road? Nah, I won’t do that to friends. ; )

Bmore on June 10, 2012 at 1:45 AM

Bmore on June 10, 2012 at 1:40 AM

Heh heh.
If you get a chance, check out Zombie’s latest photoblog on PJMedia. Several photos of Romney supporters & Tea Partiers hanging out in San Francisco. Pretty cool stuff.

22044 on June 10, 2012 at 1:45 AM

OmahaConservative on June 10, 2012 at 1:40 AM

Yeah, I know Judge not lest ye be judged…

OmahaConservative on June 10, 2012 at 1:45 AM

sometimes it works sometimes not.

arnold ziffel on June 10, 2012 at 1:40 AM

Maybe arnold forgets to delete the link box that comes with Http:/ already in it. Maybe?

Bmore on June 10, 2012 at 1:46 AM

Cindy Munford on June 10, 2012 at 1:29 AM

Hear!..Hear!..I definitely agree!!..:)

Dire Straits on June 10, 2012 at 1:42 AM

Yep. I like it when Munford wrestles a troll and gets them in a head lock. Then they run away.

SparkPlug on June 10, 2012 at 1:46 AM

SparkPlug on June 10, 2012 at 1:40 AM

Almost as funny as when they try to cover their hatred for Palin by assuring everyone that they have said plenty of nice things about her.

Cindy Munford on June 10, 2012 at 1:47 AM

22044 on June 10, 2012 at 1:45 AM

I saw some of those. I love Zombie. Did a great job during the anti war crows years. Funny!

Bmore on June 10, 2012 at 1:48 AM

SparkPlug on June 10, 2012 at 1:46 AM

Too many people equate nice with stupid. I may be dumb but I’m not stupid.

Cindy Munford on June 10, 2012 at 1:48 AM

crows=crowds

Bmore on June 10, 2012 at 1:49 AM

Still Haven’t Found…

OmahaConservative on June 10, 2012 at 1:48 AM

cf would appreciate that………

Bmore on June 10, 2012 at 1:49 AM

arnold ziffel on June 10, 2012 at 1:40 AM

I gave up trying, I just put the link there. I consider my use of adblock as my major jump into geekdom.

Cindy Munford on June 10, 2012 at 1:50 AM

arnold ziffel on June 10, 2012 at 1:32 AM

Arnold, if you check your comment at the quoted time, you’ll find two “http://” strings. I’m not sure of your methodology, but I’m guessing it’s wrong.

When your browser address box is not selected, you should be able to simply right-click inside the address box to highlight the entire address. Then you can select “copy” from the context menu.

You should try this: In the YT page that you want to link, right-click on the video window. The top context menu selection (in FF) is “Copy video URL”. If you select that, it might help.

RedCrow on June 10, 2012 at 1:51 AM

Too many people equate nice with stupid. I may be dumb but I’m not stupid.

Cindy Munford on June 10, 2012 at 1:48 AM

Pfffft, Not dumb or stupid. Modest though and sharp as a tack.

Bmore on June 10, 2012 at 1:51 AM

Oh, arnold, I meant to give you this. :)

RedCrow on June 10, 2012 at 1:52 AM

Too many people equate nice with stupid. I may be dumb but I’m not stupid.

Cindy Munford on June 10, 2012 at 1:48 AM

Nope, that you are not. You are canny as a fox. How are the pups?

OmahaConservative on June 10, 2012 at 1:52 AM

Do you really think there is a lot of raunchy joke telling?

Cindy Munford on June 10, 2012 at 1:33 AM

Yep. I usually only scan the top third of comments submitted, and there’s a lot of dumb double-entendres and the inevitable Obama is a SCoaMF. But I did like Ace’s and Drew’s coverage of the Wisconsin recall, and Ace can be very penetrating and blunt at times.

John the Libertarian on June 10, 2012 at 1:52 AM

Dire Straits on June 10, 2012 at 1:42 AM

When Ed writes about foreign policy or high finance, I love reading the comments but I feel totally unqualified to say anything. Sometimes I’ll ask a question and hope I am not rebuffed. So far everyone has been patient. It’s a shame those threads don’t get more traffic because I really learn a lot. I think I will try to be a bigger pest in the future.

Cindy Munford on June 10, 2012 at 1:53 AM

Cindy Munford on June 10, 2012 at 1:29 AM

I was just thinking of the square root of a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. (Does that count?)

RedCrow on June 10, 2012 at 1:53 AM

I may be dumb but I’m not stupid.

Cindy Munford on June 10, 2012 at 1:48 AM

Hey! I represent that comment! What’s wrong with being stuipd?

John the Libertarian on June 10, 2012 at 1:53 AM

Cindy Munford on June 10, 2012 at 1:47 AM

You know it. It was fun watching them pretend. They weren’t very good at pretending to be objective while getting totally unhinged about silly things like the color of her dress or what Danish she ate for breakfast.

SparkPlug on June 10, 2012 at 1:54 AM

Too many people equate nice with stupid. I may be dumb but I’m not stupid.

Cindy Munford on June 10, 2012 at 1:48 AM

Pfffft, Not dumb or stupid. Modest though and sharp as a tack.

Bmore on June 10, 2012 at 1:51 AM

Cindy has been the sweetest and nicest person on HA for years. She is a real doll and a patriot…

OmahaConservative on June 10, 2012 at 1:54 AM

sometimes it works sometimes not.

arnold ziffel on June 10, 2012 at 1:40 AM

You left the default “http://” that is in the dialog box when you click the “link” button. That screwed up the address.

AZfederalist on June 10, 2012 at 1:54 AM

John the Libertarian on June 10, 2012 at 1:52 AM

LOL! I am sorry, I thought you were talking about HotAir. Reading for comprehension. You know what I like best at Aces’, which I think might have to go away if you have to register? The way people change their “names” to go with their comments.

Cindy Munford on June 10, 2012 at 1:56 AM

Bmore on June 10, 2012 at 1:46 AM

That’s probably it.

Though, all you gotta do is right-click in the highlighted “http://” and select “Paste”. The text that’s there (“http://”) will be replaced by your YT link (“http://www.youtube….”).

RedCrow on June 10, 2012 at 1:56 AM

OmahaConservative on June 10, 2012 at 1:54 AM

She was one of the first folks here to be nice to me. I am loyal. I never forget.

Bmore on June 10, 2012 at 1:57 AM

Alright, going to bed. Appointment with the French Open final in the morning. Any chance Ed or AP will blog on tennis?

Good night!

22044 on June 10, 2012 at 1:57 AM

SparkPlug on June 10, 2012 at 1:54 AM

It’s like you read my mind. In Kentucky.

Cindy Munford on June 10, 2012 at 1:57 AM

On the Radio with Frank Gaffney: The Obama Eligibility Hour

Today I spent one full radio hour on Secure Freedom Radio with the suave and dauntless Frank Gaffney discussing the Great American Taboo: the question of whether Barack Obama is constitutionally eligible to be president; the continuing investigation into his vanishing, morphing, secret paper trail; the abject abdication by our lawmakers to uphold the Consitution and the integrity of the presidency; and the craven self-censorship of the media from Left to Right [The Grass and Cheese Eaters] to cover any of the above.

VorDaj on June 10, 2012 at 1:57 AM

Cindy Munford on June 10, 2012 at 1:44 AM

Haven’t heard that one in a while and yes, that should be the boy king’s slogan and theme song for his campaign.

Flora Duh on June 10, 2012 at 1:57 AM

AZfederalist on June 10, 2012 at 1:54 AM

So if you click eg—-”test”, hit link in blue. should I then delete the http in the link box before pasting whatever from tab two?

arnold ziffel on June 10, 2012 at 1:57 AM

I may be dumb but I’m not stupid.

Cindy Munford on June 10, 2012 at 1:48 AM

Hey! I represent that comment! What’s wrong with being stuipd?

John the Libertarian on June 10, 2012 at 1:53 AM

I think she meant to say “I may be nice but I’m not stupid.” But CM prolly goofed it on purpose like she does with the trolls except they don’t get it. That’s the fun part. When she goofs on them and they don’t get it.

SparkPlug on June 10, 2012 at 1:57 AM

22044 on June 10, 2012 at 1:57 AM

I’m pretty sure that’s a no.

Cindy Munford on June 10, 2012 at 1:58 AM

Hey Dude…

OmahaConservative on June 10, 2012 at 1:59 AM

RedCrow on June 10, 2012 at 1:56 AM

Yeah, true, but us mac guys are lazy. Whole lot of slash copy slam stuff from us. ; )

Bmore on June 10, 2012 at 1:59 AM

Flora Duh on June 10, 2012 at 1:57 AM

Or this for those who like my kind of music.

Cindy Munford on June 10, 2012 at 2:00 AM

RedCrow on June 10, 2012 at 1:56 AM

I have been and sometimes that works and sometimes not. I’ve noticed that it has been a problem the last two weeks more than say a month or two ago.

arnold ziffel on June 10, 2012 at 2:00 AM

Good Night 22044, Sleep Well. More chance of 0 being reelected than Ed posting tennis. ; )

Bmore on June 10, 2012 at 2:00 AM

Bmore on June 10, 2012 at 1:57 AM

Never forget. I’ve been here for six years or better and she has my phone number and email address. I’d trust her with my life…

OmahaConservative on June 10, 2012 at 2:01 AM

OmahaConservative on June 10, 2012 at 1:54 AM

Yep, she’s also the first one I exchanged comments with when I was finally able to register here. I had been looking forward to doing both for over 2 yrs.

Flora Duh on June 10, 2012 at 2:01 AM

SparkPlug on June 10, 2012 at 1:57 AM

It’s an old Southern way of telling people that you are aware that they are being a condescending jerk.

Cindy Munford on June 10, 2012 at 2:02 AM

Cindy Munford on June 10, 2012 at 2:00 AM

Plus if you got the same ad I got, it was good too, JD Honey.

Bmore on June 10, 2012 at 2:03 AM

Yes, I realize I need glasses (and most likely those ugly bifocals), but whatever possessed my eyes to turn “sharp as a tack” into “sharp as a rock”?

I did get to laugh at myself though. And I do like that line “sharp as a rock” now that I’ve “seen” it.

John Hitchcock on June 10, 2012 at 2:04 AM

OmahaConservative on June 10, 2012 at 2:01 AM

OC, you think it will start getting on her nerves if we keep talking about her while she’s still in the room? ; )

Bmore on June 10, 2012 at 2:05 AM

arnold ziffel on June 10, 2012 at 1:57 AM

Yep, you’ve got it.

AZfederalist on June 10, 2012 at 2:05 AM

John Hitchcock on June 10, 2012 at 2:04 AM

If you do get glasses with bi-focals, I recommend the lined kind. And real glass only.

Bmore on June 10, 2012 at 2:06 AM

Bmore on June 10, 2012 at 2:03 AM

I must be having a senior moment, I don’t understand.

Cindy Munford on June 10, 2012 at 2:06 AM

arnold ziffel on June 10, 2012 at 2:00 AM

I’d bet the problem is that you’re pasting your link in the pop-up after left-clicking to the right of the “http://”.

One way to check your work is to click the Preview button, right-click your link, and select “Open in new tab”.

RedCrow on June 10, 2012 at 2:06 AM

Bmore on June 10, 2012 at 2:05 AM

Nah, she is a gracious and dear lady like my grandma, even though she is a year younger than me…

OmahaConservative on June 10, 2012 at 2:07 AM

John the Libertarian on June 10, 2012 at 1:53 AM

Not a darn thing. As a matter of fact it’s downright handy.

Cindy Munford on June 10, 2012 at 2:07 AM

Yep, you’ve got it.

AZfederalist on June 10, 2012 at 2:05 AM

Or, as I said previously, just right-click in the blue text, and select “Paste”.

RedCrow on June 10, 2012 at 2:07 AM

RedCrow on June 10, 2012 at 2:06 AM

What????

Cindy Munford on June 10, 2012 at 2:08 AM

Or this for those who like my kind of music.

Cindy Munford on June 10, 2012 at 2:00 AM

Boy does that bring back memories. Expensive memories. lol My son blew out the speakers in my home stereo and 2 of my vehicles from cranking up Metallica full blast.

Flora Duh on June 10, 2012 at 2:08 AM

I started talking about the old banned trolls, so I also started the lovefest for dear Cindy…

OmahaConservative on June 10, 2012 at 2:09 AM

Cindy Munford on June 10, 2012 at 2:00 AM

Wow, Cindy, I would have never guessed from your gentle nature. I would’ve thought you were more into my kind of music, which is miles from my “sweaty-toothed” bloody fanged attackdog nature.

John Hitchcock on June 10, 2012 at 2:09 AM

OmahaConservative on June 10, 2012 at 2:07 AM

LOL! A tester called me “granny” when he found out I was older than he. Probably as close as I’ll ever get to being called that.

Cindy Munford on June 10, 2012 at 2:10 AM

Bmore on June 10, 2012 at 1:59 AM

Lol. Do you remember DOS?!?

RedCrow on June 10, 2012 at 2:10 AM

Cindy Munford on June 10, 2012 at 1:53 AM

I agree!..Those are definitely very good threads!!..:)

Dire Straits on June 10, 2012 at 2:10 AM

I must be having a senior moment, I don’t understand.

Cindy Munford on June 10, 2012 at 2:06 AM

When I loaded the tune you linked, I got the Jack Daniels tv spot for their new honey Jack. Its a good spot. Remeber now I don’t have tv, so the only time I get to see such stuff is on the interwebs.

Bmore on June 10, 2012 at 2:10 AM

Remeber=Remember

Bmore on June 10, 2012 at 2:10 AM

Lol. Do you remember DOS?!?

RedCrow on June 10, 2012 at 2:10 AM

Sure, but I have always been a mac guy.

Bmore on June 10, 2012 at 2:11 AM

The way people change their “names” to go with their comments.

Cindy Munford on June 10, 2012 at 1:56 AM

EXACTLY. I’ll admit that’s hilarious sometimes.

John the Libertarian on June 10, 2012 at 2:11 AM

Do you remember DOS?!?

RedCrow on June 10, 2012 at 2:10 AM

And the joys of programming in BASIC?

John the Libertarian on June 10, 2012 at 2:13 AM

What????

Cindy Munford on June 10, 2012 at 2:08 AM

LOL!! (Not sure if you’re having fun, or really wanna know!)

Nice tune at 2am, Cindy.

RedCrow on June 10, 2012 at 2:13 AM

John Hitchcock on June 10, 2012 at 2:09 AM

John, ask Cindy if she remembers the first time she ever loaded metal and what Axe’s reply was.

Bmore on June 10, 2012 at 2:14 AM

Flora Duh on June 10, 2012 at 2:08 AM

LOL! My kids are the ones who introduced me to them. We have made several of their concerts family outings.

John Hitchcock on June 10, 2012 at 2:09 AM

I know, I’m a weirdo. I like all kinds of music but I have to admit that metal makes my blood pump.

Cindy Munford on June 10, 2012 at 2:14 AM

Bmore on June 10, 2012 at 2:10 AM

Really? An ad? How very odd. I have adblock (see above comment) so I guess that’s why I didn’t understand.

Cindy Munford on June 10, 2012 at 2:16 AM

I love my adblock…

OmahaConservative on June 10, 2012 at 2:17 AM

RedCrow on June 10, 2012 at 2:13 AM

I have tried to follow several sets of instructions and finally gave up. I will say this, one of our commenters Dusty who I have not seen in a long long time, walked me through getting rid of a virus on the computer in Virginia. I need to email him and see how he is doing.

Cindy Munford on June 10, 2012 at 2:18 AM

Audrey from the “Born Late” 8-Track.

John Hitchcock on June 10, 2012 at 2:19 AM

John the Libertarian on June 10, 2012 at 2:13 AM

When I was nine or ten, my “Granny” bought for me a TI-994A (Texas Instruments) “computer” for Christmas. It had a hundred page book (8.5×11–like a language workbook) that was a TI-Basic User’s Manual.

My crowning triumph was a “Star Wars” shooter (like Galaga) with 8x8pixel icons (a Tie-fighter and a, well, triangle really). The Tie-Fighter moved randomly, left, right, and down. The triangle was controlled by the player who hit the space-bar to fire.

(Only thing was: When the space-bar was hit to fire on the Tie-Fighter, it stopped moving. I couldn’t do better as a kid! LOL!)

RedCrow on June 10, 2012 at 2:19 AM

Bmore on June 10, 2012 at 2:14 AM

The start of this years trend, Etch-a-sketch.

Cindy Munford on June 10, 2012 at 2:19 AM

OT: I have a very sore big toe. Probably an ingrown toenail and I am only fifty seven. What should I do? Soak it in Epsom Salts?

OmahaConservative on June 10, 2012 at 2:20 AM

Hey, where’s our other sweet lady tonight, 4Grace?

And let us not forget Katy The Mean Old Lady. Nobody can come into a thread and drop a zinger like she can. I miss that she doesn’t comment very much anymore.

Flora Duh on June 10, 2012 at 2:21 AM

Axes comment long before the Rmoney™ topic.

OMG Cindy Mumford my whole world just shifted. Metallica? I have to shake the hell out of my brain’s etch-a-sketch and completely redraw you. Axe on January 21, 2012 at 2:00 AM. Thread Winner!!! Thanks Axe, I’ve always wanted to do that.

Funny! Plus it was the first time I ever awarded a thread winner!

Bmore on June 10, 2012 at 2:22 AM

Flora Duh on June 10, 2012 at 2:21 AM

You, katy and Grace are all sweethearts too darlin’
We love all our HA babes…

OmahaConservative on June 10, 2012 at 2:24 AM