Quotes of the day

posted at 9:31 pm on June 9, 2012 by Allahpundit

Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) said Friday he would be honored to join the Republican ticket as the vice presidential nominee, just one day after he endorsed Mitt Romney’s campaign.

“A year, year and a half ago, I was a physician in a small town, and it would be a great honor to be considered as a vice president for the Republican Party,” Paul told CNN. “I think that would be something that anybody who said otherwise would not be being truthful.”

But the first term senator said he had not discussed joining the ticket with Romney, whose vice presidential search is already underway.

***

Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul’s endorsement of Mitt Romney last night is igniting a fury of rage from his father’s hardcore fan base. In a sort of libertarian version of Bob Dylan going electric (ask your parents), the Kentucky senator’s enthusiastic endorsement of Romney has Ron Paul forums fuming with cries of “Judas” and “Benedict Arnold.”

“Rand is dead to me,” wrote, Ruffusthedog at the Daily Paul, a heavily-visited pro-Paul website. “He should have never done this.” “Rand Paul is a sell out,” user Alxnz exclaimed. “He just lost my vote in 2016.” “All he had to do was not open his mouth,” wrote user Conalmc. Others even took their anger out on Ron Paul himself. “What will it be Old Man Ron? Will you be forever remembered as the leader in the greatest liberty movement since 1776, or will you go down as Benedict Arnold incarnate,” threatened lionsuar7788. “We will never vote for Romney or your flimsy son.”…

On both forums, the tide of incredulous—and highly personal—comments continued ad nauseam. With Ron Paul’s diehard supporters being one of his most formidable assets, especially when it comes to winning straw polls or online money bomb fundraisers, you’ve got to wonder if Rand Paul risks jeopardizing the family brand.

***

[W]hile Paul is a helpful validator for Romney, endorsing Romney also gives Paul a level of mainstream credibility he lacked during his 2010 Senate campaign. It shows he’s willing to be a team player when it counts, and puts him on the safe side of any speculation over a third-party libertarian push.

And that could be crucially important or Paul if he decides to seek the White House himself in 2016 or beyond – as any number of operatives believe he hopes to do.

“Rand’s endorsement of GOP nominee Mitt Romney clearly shows that in spite of those who try to marginalize him, he has keen set of political instincts and is very much aware that a successful national run will require more than just his father’s loyal following,” said one Republican strategist close to Paul-world.

***

[N]o true libertarian, no true friend of liberty, and no true blue Tea Partier could possibly even consider, much less actually endorse or approve of, the Father of Obamacare, Big Government tax and spender, Republican Mitt Romney.

Especially the son of Ron Paul, who has no excuse.

Especially a medical doctor, who has even fewer excuses…

Vote Libertarian – the only political party that embraces the same core value as Dr. Ron Paul: Liberty!

***

Rand has never been the devout libertarian that his father is. He is certainly a libertarian-leaning Republican, and while he can often be a good ally to libertarians in the Senate, he is still first and foremost a Republican. And as a Senator he has much less latitude to diverge from the party line and needs other Senators to cooperate with him.

Because of this, the chances of him endorsing Libertarian Party candidate Gary Johnson were somewhere around one in one billion. While such an endorsement would make many libertarians happy, it would end his life as a Republican. It would mean that he would have no party support whatsoever come re-election time. It would alienate him from the party and mean he would get nothing accomplished in the Senate…

So while it may seem offensive that a liberty-minded person would endorse a candidate who supports such awful things as the PATRIOT Act and NDAA, it actually makes a lot of sense. I’d even go so far as to say it may be a price worth paying. If the endorsement solidifies Republican support and earns him points with the party establishment, it means he could have more freedom to chart his own course in the Senate.

***

As we have seen over the last few months, the Paul forces have the very real ability to not only disrupt the choosing of delegates to the Republican National Convention but also influence (and change) the leadership at various state parties around the country.

Does Rand Paul endorsing Romney mean that the Paul acolytes will immediately cease and desist in their efforts to have their views heard? No. But more so than most people who support a politician, the Paul folks listen to Ron/Rand and follow their wishes.

Rand’s endorsement then — when coupled with Ron’s email to supporters earlier this week urging politeness at the national convention — are a net win for Romney because they virtually ensure that there won’t be a genuine insurrection led by supporters of Paul at the convention. (Expect Romney to give Rand/Ron speaking slots at the convention too in hopes of throwing a sop to the Paul acolytes and push the theme of inclusion and big-tented-ness.)

***

At the Texas GOP Convention, Ron Paul addressed the issue that frustrates many people (including me) who like and respect him personally: the vocal, unbending supporters who were/are unwilling to accept any outcome other than Dr. Paul in the White House…

On the first day of the largest state convention in calendar year 2012, he told his supporters that upon arriving in Tampa for the Republican National Convention, they were to “be respectful.”

The bottom line is that Dr. Paul and his son do not appear to be trying to blow up the Republican Party. They seem to realize that they have a better chance of advancing their goals in the long run by working within the system. For all the talk about being revolutionaries, Dr. Paul wants to see his movement become mainstream.

This has always been where Dr. Paul diverges from his most hard-core supporters. They often want an all-or-nothing approach, leaving them marginalized. Dr. Paul is willing to take what he can get now and come back for the rest later. This is not “selling out.” This is “pragmatism,” which does not have to be a dirty word.

***

I realize it’s frustrating to hear Sen. Rand Paul endorse someone besides his father — especially a corporatist empty suit who flirts with Keynesianism and who shepherded key aspects of Obamacare into existence as governor of Massachusetts. But before you pounce, renounce and otherwise burn all the bridges, consider that the revolution can be evolutionary

If that involves making nice with Mitt Romney, so be it. Let’s not let our zeal blind us to the “adjacent possible.” In other words, don’t bulldoze the inroads you’ve made out of impatience or cynicism. You have moved the trenches forward. And having a strong liberty contingent close to any president means that president has a conscience speaking directly into his ear every single day…

There is a very strong argument to be made for letting the body politic bleed longer. That is, one could distance oneself from Romney, hoping he loses to the abysmal Obama in 2012. Then Rand Paul could run in 2016 with the support of both mainstream Republicans and Ron Paul revolutionaries. This is a fine idea except for the bleeding. That is: How much more can the Republic take of a Barack Obama administration? I know, I know. Obama and Romney are little different from your perspective. But consider that a Romney administration that includes Paul’s people — plus a well-composed Congress — could result in something really different from the rapid decline Obama is presiding over. Wishful thinking? No more so than counting on the stars aligning for a Rand Paul revolution four years from now.

***

If the movement is about Ron Paul, then it never had a future. It was born terminally defective. If it’s about ideas and ideals, it will never die. The only Party in which it has a chance to thrive, though, is the GOP, and the GOP must nurture at least some of Paul’s ideals if it is to have any useful existence of its own…

Whether or not Paul’s supporters can vote for Romney, they have to find a way to remain within the GOP even if Romney is the candidate. If they leave, they’ll find it hard to impossible to get back in, and if they don’t get back in, they’ll have to find a third-party home. That’s the path to complete irrelevance. They don’t have to like or vote for Romney, but they need to get more of their people in statehouses and Congress, and the easiest way to do that will be as Republicans.

If they don’t find a way to square that circle, they’ll be a historical footnote, and America will be the worse for it. They might start by not spitting on Rand.

***

***

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4 8

First..
One page two

Electrongod on June 9, 2012 at 10:35 PM

One = on…

Electrongod on June 9, 2012 at 10:35 PM

Cool..lets push him off the cliff. ;)

bazil9 on June 9, 2012 at 10:31 PM

Warm down your way I take it. ; )

Bmore on June 9, 2012 at 10:35 PM

Resist We Much on June 9, 2012 at 10:32 PM

I am still scanning it..yes.

I know..they are a pack of loons. They have stock in Reynolds wrap.

Hey guys..you got sucked in…to POLITICS! Its a game. Sorry about your idol letting you down and all the $ you spent- now igniting a fury of rage. Ya got played. xo

bazil9 on June 9, 2012 at 10:36 PM

One = on…

Electrongod on June 9, 2012 at 10:35 PM

I just hate it when that happens. Flawless timing only to be marred by spelling. Shame really. ; )

Bmore on June 9, 2012 at 10:36 PM

Very clear here that Don Lemon does not believe Mitt would issue that waiver and that Mitt supports Obama Care.

Steveangell on June 9, 2012 at 10:37 PM

I almost puked when I learned a horse named “Union Rags” won the race.

Flora Duh on June 9, 2012 at 10:27 PM

His name came from his sire, Dixie Union, and a dam from three generations back, Glad Rags.

But the owner, Phyllis Wyeth, worked for JFK when he was a senator and as president. And she was a member of the “arts and croissants” crowd. So yeah, I would have rather seen Paynter hang on or Atigun finish at the end.

Plus I would have won a ton if UR runs third behind those other two.

predator on June 9, 2012 at 10:37 PM

No, but it won’t be long. You can see in each new post that he’s thiiiiis close to going ballistic.

Flora Duh on June 9, 2012 at 10:30 PM

Flora Duh:Maybe somebody should set-up,an Off Topic Trap,haha!:)
(sarc)

canopfor on June 9, 2012 at 10:37 PM

I almost puked when I learned a horse named “Union Rags” won the race.

Flora Duh on June 9, 2012 at 10:27 PM

Flora Duh:A Confederate eh!!:)

canopfor on June 9, 2012 at 10:38 PM

Mitt supports Obama Care.

Steveangell on June 9, 2012 at 10:37 PM

He may very well.

But obama most certainly does.

Lanceman on June 9, 2012 at 10:38 PM

Steveangell on June 9, 2012 at 10:37 PM

Bless your heart.

Ever the happy looney warrior.

cozmo on June 9, 2012 at 10:39 PM

Bmore on June 9, 2012 at 10:36 PM

LOL…

I really was hesitant to make the correction hoping no one would notice…

Electrongod on June 9, 2012 at 10:39 PM

ALEXANDER BURNS

Yes I suppose the young Paul would endorse 0 and made Dr Pauls followers even less happy. Strange article, strange take. There is after all no other choice with Rmoney™ as the nom.

Bmore on June 9, 2012 at 10:40 PM

I really was hesitant to make the correction hoping no one would notice…

Electrongod on June 9, 2012 at 10:39 PM

I noticed right away. I just hate making typos and missed letters…

OmahaConservative on June 9, 2012 at 10:42 PM

Rand is more like his mother than his father. That is why I like him.

The Notorious G.O.P on June 9, 2012 at 9:37 PM

Yep.

This takedown is priceless.

PatriotGal2257 on June 9, 2012 at 10:43 PM

bazil9 on June 9, 2012 at 10:36 PM

I’m still thinking about getting that slot machine made. I could send it to The Official Ron Paul Congressional and Libertarian Library as a gift.

I’m a libertarian and can’t wait for him to go back to Lake Victoria. Whenever I tell someone that I’m a libertarian, people start telling me that I’m a member of the Cult of Ron Paul. I’ve never been.

Resist We Much on June 9, 2012 at 10:43 PM

Early high and bye tonight-

Have fun late nighters.

bazil9 on June 9, 2012 at 10:45 PM

bazil9 on June 9, 2012 at 10:45 PM

G’night…

OmahaConservative on June 9, 2012 at 10:46 PM

Steveangell on June 9, 2012 at 10:37 PM

Since when do you take the opinions of Progressive gay guys seriously?

Aren’t you always beeyotching about Romney’s actions on SSM in Massachusetts and, now we are supposed to take Don Lemon’s words as gospel?

Tell the truth, man: AC/DC, right?

Resist We Much on June 9, 2012 at 10:46 PM

Early high and bye tonight-

Have fun late nighters.

bazil9 on June 9, 2012 at 10:45 PM

‘Night B9. *pouts*

predator on June 9, 2012 at 10:47 PM

Good Night bazil9, Pleasant Dreams.

Bmore on June 9, 2012 at 10:48 PM

If one were to say that Romney was someone who “flirts with Keynesianism” then it is a flirtation based on knowlege; on having actually ready John Maynard Keynes and knowing what he was ACTUALLY saying. Keynes was not a fan of perpetual deficits. You run deficits ONLY in hard times when revenues are down and in good times you pay down that debt with surpluses. His notion is to use government spending and taxation as a sort of flywheel on the economy and understanding that business cycles do not abide by budget cycles.

So when the economy turns down, maybe you do keep government spending constant or increase it somewhat while revenues fall from a decline in business activity. Maybe you also cut taxes. Then when that business cycle turns around and things begin to grow again, you return taxes and spending to where they had been before, run a surplus to pay off the debt you incurred in the weak portion of the cycle, and maybe even build a cushion for next time. The idea is to reduce the peaks and troughs of economic cycles.

The problem is that Democrats only see the deficit side of Keynes and believe that ALL deficit spending is beneficial to the economy.

crosspatch on June 9, 2012 at 10:51 PM

Sigh… I think I am going to be sad. Now that the tin foil has been peeled back and the entire world can clearly see that the Ronulans are 100 times more bat$hit crazy then those of us who have been tormenting them for the last 5 years have said they were, making fun of them just won’t be as much fun anymore.

SWalker on June 9, 2012 at 10:54 PM

The Party of Principle

Yes help with the reelection of 0. 0 chance of your ilk winning. And don’t lump this tea bagger in with you again. You speak for no one except yourselves. By the way you’re doing a crappy job of even that.

Bmore on June 9, 2012 at 10:55 PM

Is it too early for this?

OmahaConservative on June 9, 2012 at 10:55 PM

Since when do you take the opinions of Progressive gay guys seriously?

Tell the truth, man: AC/DC, right?

Resist We Much on June 9, 2012 at 10:46 PM

Could care less about his bedroom habits. As long as he does not try to force them on me. Or destroy things I hold sacred.

But I take what every one says seriously. Don’t you?

Rand came off poorly here though 1996? No 2004. But he did say that was not something he talked to Mitt about.

I think the Democrats and Progressives are laughing themselves silly watching the Republicans run Mitt. Heads they win tails we lose.

Steveangell on June 9, 2012 at 10:55 PM

‘Night Bazil9 and sweet dreams.

PatriotGal2257 on June 9, 2012 at 10:56 PM

Normally I might pitch in on that hole your digging. Looks like you’re doing fine all by your lonesome. Carry on digger.

Bmore on June 9, 2012 at 10:57 PM

But I take what every one says seriously. Don’t you?

Steveangell on June 9, 2012 at 10:55 PM

I used to. Then you came along.

cozmo on June 9, 2012 at 10:59 PM

Gary Johnson: Apple SpokesPerson?

ExpressoBold on June 9, 2012 at 10:59 PM

Where oh where is my AnninCA?

tom daschle concerned on June 9, 2012 at 11:00 PM

Is it too early for this?

OmahaConservative on June 9, 2012 at 10:55 PM

Nope, that’s one of the few tunes I dislike enough to say its too late for. Add Stairway to heaven and Cocain to the list and you would have hit the trifecta however. ; ) Sorry OC.

Bmore on June 9, 2012 at 11:01 PM

Mitt supports Obama Care.

Steveangell on June 9, 2012 at 10:37 PM

Oh look the broken record is here.

gophergirl on June 9, 2012 at 11:01 PM

Cocaine, still sorry OC. ; )

Bmore on June 9, 2012 at 11:02 PM

Where oh where is my AnninCA?

tom daschle concerned on June 9, 2012 at 11:00 PM

Before my time. If I was to venture a guess. CA.

Bmore on June 9, 2012 at 11:03 PM

Where oh where is my AnninCA?

tom daschle concerned on June 9, 2012 at 11:00 PM

No one could hijack a thread like her. Remember when she had that meltdown and tossed out the F Bomb spelled out twice in the same thread, never knew how it passed the filters? That was back in 2008 IIRC…,

OmahaConservative on June 9, 2012 at 11:03 PM

But I take what every one says seriously. Don’t you?

Steveangell on June 9, 2012 at 10:55 PM

No, I don’t take Don Lemon seriously nor do I take everyone else seriously. People have to prove themselves serious to be worthy of my attention and respect. The idea that I would take idiots like Hank “Guam might capsize” Johnson, Sheila “Can you show me where Neil Armstrong planted the flag on Mars in 1969?” Jackson-Lee, Janeane Garafalo, Special Ed Schultz, Al Sharpton, Thistle, the “Democracy died tonight” guy, the overwhelming majority of OWStreeters, etc., serious is laughable.

Maybe Lemon’s 3 viewers take him seriously, but I don’t.

Resist We Much on June 9, 2012 at 11:03 PM

Mitt supports Obama Care.

Steveangell on June 9, 2012 at 10:37 PM

Oh look the broken record is here.

gophergirl on June 9, 2012 at 11:01 PM

Broken record? I was thinking paid astroturf agent.

SWalker on June 9, 2012 at 11:04 PM

Before my time. If I was to venture a guess. CA.

Bmore on June 9, 2012 at 11:03 PM

Nope, Texas. She was Meathead’s sweetie…

OmahaConservative on June 9, 2012 at 11:04 PM

Where oh where is my AnninCA?

tom daschle concerned on June 9, 2012 at 11:00 PM

What about the girl who got all hot and bothered because Mitt spoke French – sheryl right?

gophergirl on June 9, 2012 at 11:05 PM

Broken record? I was thinking paid astroturf agent.

SWalker on June 9, 2012 at 11:04 PM

That too.

gophergirl on June 9, 2012 at 11:05 PM

Nope, Texas. She was Meathead’s sweetie…

OmahaConservative on June 9, 2012 at 11:04 PM

Good to know. Busy then with other things I suppose. ; )

Bmore on June 9, 2012 at 11:06 PM

Where oh where is my AnninCA?

tom daschle concerned on June 9, 2012 at 11:00 PM

gophergirl on June 9, 2012 at 11:05 PM

Who was it that went on the non stop rant for like 16 straight hours?

SWalker on June 9, 2012 at 11:06 PM

gophergirl on June 9, 2012 at 11:05 PM

Oh, man. She was something else. Remember DeathToAllMediaHacks?

OmahaConservative on June 9, 2012 at 11:06 PM

The time to choose is apon you. There are only two choices. Choose.

Bmore on June 9, 2012 at 8:02 PM

I have. I will vote for neither. A very valid choice.

Steveangell on June 9, 2012 at 8:26 PM

Very well then we shall from this point forward ignore your posts as you have nothing to contribute as is evident from your choice of candidate.

Rio Linda Refugee on June 9, 2012 at 8:33 PM

I think that I’m going to join Rio Linda. You really are nothing but Moby and a complete waste of time.

I suggest that everyone save this admission of his so that others will know exactly where he stands and that his handwringing is ALL BS.

Resist We Much on June 9, 2012 at 11:08 PM

SWalker on June 9, 2012 at 11:06 PM

Wasn’t that Lourdes? She is still here…

OmahaConservative on June 9, 2012 at 11:08 PM

Where oh where is my AnninCA?

tom daschle concerned on June 9, 2012 at 11:00 PM

gophergirl on June 9, 2012 at 11:05 PM

I bet Sheryl thinks that Mitt is talking to her in the language of love.

SparkPlug on June 9, 2012 at 11:08 PM

Nope, Texas. She was Meathead’s sweetie…

OmahaConservative on June 9, 2012 at 11:04 PM

Hold the phone there dude.

She started out in California then moved to Texas.

We tried to help her to fit in, she wanted to keep her California ways.

cozmo on June 9, 2012 at 11:09 PM

Brian Lehman

Young Paul, party establishment type, is this where we start hearing about blue Buddahs?

Bmore on June 9, 2012 at 11:09 PM

Who was it that went on the non stop rant for like 16 straight hours?

SWalker on June 9, 2012 at 11:06 PM

It was Lourdes and it was 17 hours. That is what people said anyway.

SparkPlug on June 9, 2012 at 11:09 PM

SWalker on June 9, 2012 at 11:06 PM

Wasn’t that Lourdes? She is still here…

OmahaConservative on June 9, 2012 at 11:08 PM

ROTFLMAO… That was a rant for the ages. I’ve chatted with her a few times since then and she has managed to be calm and rational, but lord oh lord that was something else.

SWalker on June 9, 2012 at 11:10 PM

Resist We Much on June 9, 2012 at 11:08 PM

Yep.

Bmore on June 9, 2012 at 11:10 PM

Who was it that went on the non stop rant for like 16 straight hours?

SWalker on June 9, 2012 at 11:06 PM

It was Lourdes and it was 17 hours. That is what people said anyway.

SparkPlug on June 9, 2012 at 11:09 PM

That was the most epic thread, evah…

OmahaConservative on June 9, 2012 at 11:11 PM

Resist We Much on June 9, 2012 at 11:08 PM

There are countless Rush Limbaugh fans laughing their collective arses off as I type this.

Rio Linda Refugee on June 9, 2012 at 11:11 PM

Hold the phone there dude.

She started out in California then moved to Texas.

We tried to help her to fit in, she wanted to keep her California ways.

cozmo on June 9, 2012 at 11:09 PM

I hope you can teach Twerp how to fit in. She is not a real Texan.

SparkPlug on June 9, 2012 at 11:11 PM

I hope you can teach Twerp how to fit in. She is not a real Texan.

SparkPlug on June 9, 2012 at 11:11 PM

I try, Lord knows I try.

Even though she teases me endlessly with the bunny suit.

And she bites.

Its just so odd to find a decent person from Chicago, that it may be worth the effort.

cozmo on June 9, 2012 at 11:14 PM

That was the most epic thread, evah…

OmahaConservative on June 9, 2012 at 11:11 PM

It would be fun to watch Lourdes and Dr. T debate.

SparkPlug on June 9, 2012 at 11:14 PM

cozmo on June 9, 2012 at 11:09 PM

I never caught on to the CA ways during the thirty years I lived in San Diego. Guess someone forgot to give me the secret password…

OmahaConservative on June 9, 2012 at 11:15 PM

So, did yeasty get the hammer yet or do we still have to work on it?

ExpressoBold on June 9, 2012 at 11:16 PM

cozmo on June 9, 2012 at 11:14 PM

Lolz.

Killer wabbit or feisty Playboy bunny?

SparkPlug on June 9, 2012 at 11:16 PM

SparkPlug on June 9, 2012 at 11:14 PM

Only if she goes off her meds again…

OmahaConservative on June 9, 2012 at 11:17 PM

Resist We Much on June 9, 2012 at 10:43 PM

You are an example of what real libertarians are. Most Ron Paulnuts call themselves libertarians just because that is what Ron Paul calls himself. They don’t know what a libertarian really is.

The Notorious G.O.P on June 9, 2012 at 11:17 PM

OmahaConservative on June 9, 2012 at 11:15 PM

Dang, from my experience, San Diego is the most sane part of California. I thought it had something to do with the Navy…and in spite of Dennis Conner.

cozmo on June 9, 2012 at 11:18 PM

How come the dream team of merideth, Joanna, petunia, and Sheryl aren’t lambasting steveangell?

They could certainly set him straight.

tom daschle concerned on June 9, 2012 at 11:18 PM

ExpressoBold on June 9, 2012 at 11:16 PM

I haven’t read all threads yet, but I think it’s getting pretty close…

OmahaConservative on June 9, 2012 at 11:18 PM

Has The GOP betrayed anyone yet tonight?

Just wondering when Dire will chime in.

SparkPlug on June 9, 2012 at 11:19 PM

tom daschle concerned on June 9, 2012 at 11:18 PM

What, no blue gills and csdeven?

cozmo on June 9, 2012 at 11:19 PM

I’m glad petunia came back…
Lolz.

OmahaConservative on June 9, 2012 at 11:20 PM

I miss Grows Fins…

OmahaConservative on June 9, 2012 at 11:21 PM

OmahaConservative on June 9, 2012 at 11:15 PM

The password is somewhere around a Rubio’s and the beer garden place, what is it, Stone’s Brewing…?

ExpressoBold on June 9, 2012 at 11:22 PM

It was Lourdes and it was 17 hours. That is what people said anyway.

SparkPlug on June 9, 2012 at 11:09 PM

That was Lourdes? I haven’t seen much of her but I wouldn’t have thunk it.
Most threads don’t last 17 hours anyway.

22044 on June 9, 2012 at 11:22 PM

What, no blue gills and csdeven?

cozmo on June 9, 2012 at 11:19 PM

Ok thems fluffin nutters. Yikes csd is downright scary like Hannibal Lecter on Silence of The Lambs.

SparkPlug on June 9, 2012 at 11:23 PM

Killer wabbit…

SparkPlug on June 9, 2012 at 11:16 PM

Who brought up Jimmy Carter?

Resist We Much on June 9, 2012 at 11:23 PM

Chris Cillizza

The Baby Dr. Paul being too old to be President,( his best chance way behind him now), the logical heir apparent. The son. Heir to the throne. One modification to this act the party man. So which is it? What will become of him? If anything, as with his King father the baby Dr.

Bmore on June 9, 2012 at 11:23 PM

I miss Grows Fins…

OmahaConservative on June 9, 2012 at 11:21 PM

Me too. That is the only nutball I really want to meet.
The meeting would be short and violent.

Nobody threatens my family.

cozmo on June 9, 2012 at 11:24 PM

Where oh where is my AnninCA?

tom daschle concerned on June 9, 2012 at 11:00 PM

Wow, that’s a blast from the past.

Here’s my query: where’s Floating Rock?

22044 on June 9, 2012 at 11:25 PM

Nobody threatens my family.

cozmo on June 9, 2012 at 11:24 PM

I remember that…

OmahaConservative on June 9, 2012 at 11:26 PM

The Notorious G.O.P on June 9, 2012 at 11:17 PM

Yep. Last December, I was thinking about getting a slot machine made. To hit the jackpot, you had to get 3 Paul Pots wearing tinfoil hats.

“Run for the hills! The pink money is gonna git ya!!!!!!!”

Resist We Much on June 9, 2012 at 11:26 PM

It was Lourdes and it was 17 hours. That is what people said anyway.

SparkPlug on June 9, 2012 at 11:09 PM

I’m curious … what was it about? I’m sure it was long before I discovered this site.

PatriotGal2257 on June 9, 2012 at 11:28 PM

Most threads don’t last 17 hours anyway.

22044 on June 9, 2012 at 11:22 PM

Man, that one sure did. So did the AnninCA F-bomb thread. IIRC, Ed had to shut ‘em both down…

OmahaConservative on June 9, 2012 at 11:28 PM

I miss Grows Fins…

OmahaConservative on June 9, 2012 at 11:21 PM

Open Enrollment….awaiting…:)

Fins a Grown…
Come on back….

Electrongod on June 9, 2012 at 11:31 PM

OmahaConservative on June 9, 2012 at 11:15 PM

cozmo on June 9, 2012 at 11:18 PM

As a 40 year resident of San Diego I would have to agree, it was and still is the sanest place in California. Although we are suffering from a bulldike femnazi crazy b!tch infestation at the moment. And no, I have never been given the secret California code, don’t want it either.

SWalker on June 9, 2012 at 11:32 PM

Bmore on June 9, 2012 at 11:23 PM

I always had an inkling that Dr. Paul’s true purpose was to pave the way for Rand. I always got the sense that deep down he knew very well he’d never get the nomination, but whatever he could do to make things easier in the long run for Rand, that’s how he’d go about it.

PatriotGal2257 on June 9, 2012 at 11:32 PM

PatriotGal2257 on June 9, 2012 at 11:28 PM

I bet ya Portlando or MadCon have the link to that thread. Maybe some other regulars have a link to that crazy rant.

SparkPlug on June 9, 2012 at 11:33 PM

ACK!
The time period for awakenedness has expired.
Sleep will be the prevailing state for six hours.
Good night.
Sleep well.
Those who can, get laid.

ExpressoBold on June 9, 2012 at 11:33 PM

SWalker on June 9, 2012 at 11:32 PM

Is Stars & Stripes still across the road from the Berkeley?

cozmo on June 9, 2012 at 11:34 PM

Good night.
Sleep well.
Those who can, get laid.

ExpressoBold on June 9, 2012 at 11:33 PM

+100

On all accounts…

Electrongod on June 9, 2012 at 11:34 PM

Eric Golub

So let’s give Ron and Rand Paul credit.

Remind me again why. For looking out for their own political interests. Spare me. For the love of me, I can not figure out how folks grow so attached to these politicians. I refuse. They all suck! Its only a matter of who sucks the least. Argh.

Bmore on June 9, 2012 at 11:35 PM

Here’s my query: where’s Floating Rock?

22044 on June 9, 2012 at 11:25 PM

Probably in his basement doing gravity bong hits trying to console himself after Rand Paul’s treacherous act of betrayal and treachery.

SWalker on June 9, 2012 at 11:35 PM

Good Night ExpressoBold , Pleasant Dreams.

Bmore on June 9, 2012 at 11:36 PM

SparkPlug on June 9, 2012 at 11:33 PM

OK. Looking forward to reading about the Mother of All Epic Rants. :)

PatriotGal2257 on June 9, 2012 at 11:36 PM

Night eb, down to eight hours left in my 60 hour work week! :)

tom daschle concerned on June 9, 2012 at 11:37 PM

SWalker on June 9, 2012 at 11:32 PM

We started suffering from that in the eighties. By the time I left in Sept. 2005, I was already saying we were the San Fran gay men equivalent with the dubious title of lesbian capital of the nation…
I do *NOT* miss Christine Kehoe, Bonnie dumanis and their ilk…

OmahaConservative on June 9, 2012 at 11:37 PM

She started out in California then moved to Texas.

We tried to help her to fit in, she wanted to keep her California ways.

cozmo on June 9, 2012 at 11:09 PM

Wrong, gooberheads. She’s native Arkansan.

Lanceman on June 9, 2012 at 11:37 PM

Good night.
Sleep well.
Those who can, get laid.

ExpressoBold on June 9, 2012 at 11:33 PM

+100. And to you, good Sir, goodnight.

PatriotGal2257 on June 9, 2012 at 11:37 PM

PatriotGal2257 on June 9, 2012 at 11:32 PM

Yep. Hence the Baby Dr. Paul acting as the stalking horse for Rmoney™. A good Father though.

Bmore on June 9, 2012 at 11:38 PM

SWalker on June 9, 2012 at 11:35 PM

LOL

Time to buy stock in food for stoners companies!

22044 on June 9, 2012 at 11:38 PM

Perhaps Growfins will come back as monkeytail.

Bmore on June 9, 2012 at 11:40 PM

SWalker on June 9, 2012 at 11:32 PM

Is Stars & Stripes still across the road from the Berkeley?

cozmo on June 9, 2012 at 11:34 PM

Sorry, not sure what you are talking about. You mean Dennis Conner’s catamaran? I’m not sure, I haven’t spent much time down the hill since 2000.

SWalker on June 9, 2012 at 11:41 PM

Can you say, “Fickle?”

Just a couple of months ago, they were saying Romney=Obama, only Ron Paul can save us, etc. Now, it’s, “We will never vote for Romney or your flimsy son.”

“A Paulbot scorned…?”