Quotes of the day

posted at 9:21 pm on June 8, 2012 by Allahpundit

If the next five months are anything like the last two, Barack Obama is toast. That’s what many Democrats are saying privately, and it’s not about Wisconsin.

The effort to recall Scott Walker failed, but exit polls show the president holding an edge in the state, which hasn’t voted Republican since 1984. It’s the weak job numbers from last week that has Democrats panicking. There’s a sense that the economy has stalled, and that the Obama campaign is stuck in a time warp with a message that assumes steady if slow progress, when the jobs picture may not get better.

“Our real concern is that they’re just sleepwalking,” says a Democratic strategist, who did not want to be quoted by name criticizing the Obama campaign. His fear, echoed by many, is that Obama’s responses to the dire economic conditions fall far short of the bold leadership needed.

The latest gimmick rolled out by the White House, a To-Do list aimed at Congress that fits on a Post-it note, is emblematic of what’s missing. “A To-Do list is for little things, like picking up the dry cleaning; you don’t put “schedule your son’s MRI” or “buy a new house” on the list,” says this frustrated Democrat.

***

Mitt Romney would collect at least 72 of the 110 electoral votes available in eight battleground states if President Barack Obama’s current polling numbers, as reported by The Huffington Post, are overstated by a mere one percent.

Romney would win that electoral majority in Colorado, Iowa, Missouri, Ohio, Virginia, North Carolina, Florida and Wisconsin if there is a one percent undercount and if undecided voters there split evenly between Romney and Obama…

[I]f the undecided voters break for Romney by two-thirds, Romney would win all those states’ 110 votes, pushing him well above the 270 margin and earning Obama a helicopter ride home to Illinois…

Some Democratic-leaning organizations are concerned that the polls may overstate Obama’s support. “This is going to be a very tough year to poll,” MSNBC host Chris Matthews said Wednesday

***

Senate Democratic leaders are politically paralyzed on how to proceed on the Bush-era tax rates.

With five months to go before the election, President Obama and key congressional Democrats remain at odds on whether the threshold for extending the George W. Bush-era rates for families should be $250,000 per year or $1 million annually. Obama backs the former while most Democratic leaders, including House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (Calif.) and Sen. Charles Schumer (N.Y.), support the higher threshold…

Democratic leaders maintain they are content to play defense, but are worried that some vulnerable Democrats might defect and support a temporary extension of all the Bush-era rates, which would undercut their negotiating position.

***

It’s a fascinating weakness of this presidency: Obama has no reliable surrogates. Joe Biden is the vice president, and 90 percent of his job description is to be a carnival barker for his boss. But, particularly since Biden forced the president’s hand on gay marriage, it’s apparently dawned on the White House that Biden is less than dependable as a wingman. Sure, he might begin a statement by saying, “This president saved us from another Great Depression.” But you never know if he’ll finish by adding, “My neighbor has three rabbits,” or, “These are not my pants.”

The president has tried to be his own surrogate, personally going on the attack against Romney. But all that does is remind voters that Obama doesn’t want to talk about his own record — and further diminishes his tattered bipartisan brand.

That’s probably one reason they tried out David Axelrod as an anti-Romney hatchet man in Boston the other week. But you know your audition as Obama pitch man hasn’t gone well when 90 percent of the media coverage boils down to either stories about how you were booed by Romney supporters, or stories about how everyone’s asking, “What meth-head thought Axelrod would be a good surrogate?”

***

Dominoes, anyone? The chips, indeed, are beginning to fall. They fell in Wisconsin, where Democrats failed to unseat Gov. Scott Walker in the recall election. Not incidentally, Obama was MIA in the run-up to the election. Might he have sensed that things would not go well for Democrats and thus decided to step out of the frame? When the going gets tough, the survivors vamoose.

All of which is to say, Obama has had a bad couple of weeks. Job numbers are still lousy, and the Supreme Court may soon drop a daisy cutter on the president’s signature achievement, the Affordable Care Act.

But the fact that Obama’s surrogates can’t stick to the script may be the best barometer of his perilous incumbency. In the political jungle, where people tend to be more Darwinian than divine, he is wounded and the pack is beginning to turn. Former Pennsylvania governor Ed Rendell, who could be a hockey mom if he wore lipstick, recently told CBS’s Charlie Rose that Hillary Clinton would have been a better president.

Yes, that is blood you smell.

***

It’s way too early to say who the next president will be. But even now, in June, we can already predict at least one outcome of November’s election: if Mitt Romney ends up winning the White House, he will have a better shot at success than many of his presidential predecessors — and he will have Barack Obama to thank for the leg up

I’m not arguing Romney would automatically be a great president. Nor am I saying that Obama deserves credit for everything his potential successor could eventually accomplish. Mitt could, and presumably would, make some mistakes. All presidents do. And history is unpredictable: the forces that ultimately define or derail a presidency are impossible to identify in advance. My only point is that right now, Romney is on track, if elected, to enter the Oval Office with a stronger wind at his back than many of its previous occupants, including Obama.

***

Via BuzzFeed.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 4 5 6 7

Cindy Munford on June 9, 2012 at 1:34 AM

Enjoyed it!..Later..:)

Dire Straits on June 9, 2012 at 1:50 AM

It is easier to read-and my BP doesn’t spike as high.

bazil9 on June 9, 2012 at 1:30 AM

Yeah, why deal with the aggravation? There was a time in my life where I had to deal with a lot of stress and conflict in my work and I was all wound up most of the time. It’s hard for me to look back on that time now and understand how I dealt with it all. I’m glad it is behind me. Now I won’t even expose myself to the stress of listening to Preezie Choombro blow smoke!

novaculus on June 9, 2012 at 1:51 AM

Bmore on June 9, 2012 at 1:42 AM

Enjoyed it!..Later..:)

Dire Straits on June 9, 2012 at 1:52 AM

woops…dipped for a few minuets-

Night Cindy- Bmore..anyone else that checked out.

Have a splendid weekend.

bazil9 on June 9, 2012 at 1:52 AM

Yeah, Lord of the Rings was very popular, especially with the D&D crowd. But that 700-page book on the Battle of Bataan and the resulting death march was almost too much for me to bear reading. To quote one of the adults from the original “Our Gang” shows, “it makes me so angry!”

John Hitchcock on June 9, 2012 at 1:52 AM

John Hitchcock on June 9, 2012 at 1:34 AM

I noticed when you said you liked WWII history even as a young man. I’m reading about the Naval battles of Guadalcanal now and thinking how many brave men we have had in the service of this country over the years and it makes me want to just cry about the punk we have in the White House.

Could you imagine him being forced to make a decision where hundreds if not thousands needed leadership and quick?

arnold ziffel on June 9, 2012 at 1:53 AM

Evening, novaculus. Hope all is well with you.

4Grace on June 9, 2012 at 1:31 AM

All good, just a little tired. I was up late drinkin’ and spinnin’ tunes with Red, so it was a short night.

Hope all is well with you, too.

novaculus on June 9, 2012 at 1:56 AM

novaculus on June 9, 2012 at 1:51 AM

Ditto

4Grace on June 9, 2012 at 1:56 AM

Hello all, I just stopped by to say hi, the Angry one has been a little under the weather. So if anyone asks or cares I’m sick. See ya Saturday or Sunday if I’m rebounded. I hope ya-all have a good evening ……I’m doctoring myself back to normal. Oh and congratulations to Governor Walker , and thank you for the boost in moral ……..night all…….;-)

angrymike on June 9, 2012 at 1:56 AM

novaculus on June 9, 2012 at 1:51 AM

Exactly Nova. I work a high stress job..have a lot going on. I dont want to subject myself to constant negativity.
It can suck you in and drive you mad.And Changes nothing.
Waste of time. I had to learn that as well.
I try to keep a balance.

bazil9 on June 9, 2012 at 1:57 AM

arnold ziffel on June 9, 2012 at 1:53 AM

Yeah, no. And he’d tie the hands of the Generals and Admirals so they couldn’t make any decisions, either. I’m thinking more Midway than Guadalcanal here. Or, since today is D-Day +3, the Normandy invasion.

John Hitchcock on June 9, 2012 at 1:57 AM

John Hitchcock on June 9, 2012 at 1:52 AM

I wasn’t a big LOTR fan, but I played a lot of D&D in college. Most of us were theater majors, so I guess we enjoyed the role playing. LOL

4Grace on June 9, 2012 at 1:59 AM

angrybro! Sorry to hear it.

Take good care- wondering why you have been MIA.
x and o

bazil9 on June 9, 2012 at 1:59 AM

4grace..you were into D&D?
heh..never would have guessed that.

I guess I am thinking of the HS guys I knew that played..

bazil9 on June 9, 2012 at 2:00 AM

But Obama is more of a Quisling than anything else, really.

John Hitchcock on June 9, 2012 at 2:01 AM

angrymike on June 9, 2012 at 1:56 AM

Hope you get to feeling better. Rest up.

arnold ziffel on June 9, 2012 at 2:01 AM

arnold ziffel on June 9, 2012 at 1:53 AM

There are many things about this president (AND his cabinet) that bring me close to tears. I guess the positive spin would be that I have prayed over this country more in the past 3+ years than in all the rest of my life combined.

4Grace on June 9, 2012 at 2:01 AM

angrymike on June 9, 2012 at 1:56 AM

Get well!!..:)

PS..Dave is not here!..:)

Dire Straits on June 9, 2012 at 2:02 AM

4Grace, I never actually got past the first few pages of LOTR, although I read ChronNarn several times over. And I was an avid MUDder from about 1994 until just a couple years ago. I’m a sporadic MUDder now and quite enjoy much of the RP involved. Tactics, not so good at those.

John Hitchcock on June 9, 2012 at 2:03 AM

Bazil9
Thanks……××_°° back at ya night…….;-)

angrymike on June 9, 2012 at 2:04 AM

Hope all is well with you, too.

novaculus on June 9, 2012 at 1:56 AM

RC is a cool guy. Glad you had fun, even if it cost you some sleep. :)
I’m good. A little tired myself, but all is OK.

4Grace on June 9, 2012 at 2:04 AM

John Hitchcock on June 9, 2012 at 1:57 AM

Obama is what we call a soup sandwich. My wife doesn’t get it but I think the concept is pretty self explanatory.

arnold ziffel on June 9, 2012 at 2:04 AM

arnold ziffel on June 9, 2012 at 1:38 AM

Did I spark some memories of 10th grade English book reports? lol

bazil9 on June 9, 2012 at 2:05 AM

Dire
I got the feeling next open enrollment, he’s gonna show…….>:)-

angrymike on June 9, 2012 at 2:06 AM

angrymike on June 9, 2012 at 1:56 AM

Goodnight, mike. Many prayers for a swift recovery. HA needs its angryed healthy and rested. :)

4Grace on June 9, 2012 at 2:07 AM

4grace..
Your a trooper.

I was exhausted this am but got me a nap in this evening. (I cheat) :)

bazil9 on June 9, 2012 at 2:07 AM

Thanks all ………BIG….;)

angrymike on June 9, 2012 at 2:07 AM

4Grace on June 9, 2012 at 2:07 AM

Well, slap me. angrymike, NOT angryed. Sorry. I always just call you mike. Maybe I should stick with that. *facepalm*

4Grace on June 9, 2012 at 2:08 AM

Grace
NOT Angryed ……..lol. hahahhehe

angrymike on June 9, 2012 at 2:09 AM

4Grace on June 9, 2012 at 2:08 AM

hahahaha..I was wondering…

bazil9 on June 9, 2012 at 2:09 AM

Seeya all tomorrow …..;-)

angrymike on June 9, 2012 at 2:10 AM

John Hitchcock on June 9, 2012 at 1:52 AM

I was into modern military history too, WWI and WWII. arnold mentioned Guadalcanal, did you read Guadalcanal Diary?

I read a lot of aviation related stuff. Samurai, by Saburo Sakai, was a favorite. The First and the Last, Adolf Galland, Thunderbolt by Robert Johnson, Baa Baa Black Sheep by Boyington, all leap to mind. There are some great WWI books too. I highly recommend No Parachute by Arthur Gould Lee and War Birds by Elliott White Springs.

novaculus on June 9, 2012 at 2:11 AM

I gotta say, for being in the middle of meltdown, O is doing pretty well in the polls. Tied in Fox, up 1 in the Gallup tracker, up 2 in Rasmussen.
O is imploding, but we’re still losing. Something is amiss. We hear a lot people say: no need to attack O with utter ferocity, just offer Romney as an economy friendly alternative.
WRONG!

Our candidate and PACs have to express the kind of intense unforgiving indignation that we all feel regarding the O administration. Anything less, and people are going to think then O is not so bad, a decent family man and preezy.
Treat O like he is the foreign enemy, anything else and we probably lose. Look at the polls now. With just a blip of good news, and O is sailing way in the lead. Don’t kid ourselves anymore.

anotherJoe on June 9, 2012 at 2:11 AM

bazil9 on June 9, 2012 at 2:00 AM

I know, it cracks me up, too. But of course, WE were the kewl kids that played D&D, not the nerdy ones. LOL

4Grace on June 9, 2012 at 2:12 AM

Here’s a whole lot of stuff that doesn’t really say much of anything. And it’s not really tied to anything here.

But it’s fun.

John Hitchcock on June 9, 2012 at 2:13 AM

I got the feeling next open enrollment, he’s gonna show…….>:)-

angrymike on June 9, 2012 at 2:06 AM

I hope so..I am tired of knocking on the door!..:)

Dire Straits on June 9, 2012 at 2:13 AM

4Grace on June 9, 2012 at 2:12 AM

But of course. LOL.

I think your a little older then me, maybe different in a different time.

bazil9 on June 9, 2012 at 2:16 AM

John Hitchcock on June 9, 2012 at 2:03 AM

Love the Narnia books. I first read them in 5th or 6th grade, so they were a great fantasy series for me. I read them again in college. At that point they were great stories with well written allegory. I read them the 3rd time shortly after I was saved, so a whole new depth of meaning. The 4th time around was reading them to/with my son.

Sorry, went on and on there.

4Grace on June 9, 2012 at 2:17 AM

John Hitchcock on June 9, 2012 at 2:13 AM

Okay, those guys have waaaaaay too much time on their hands.

novaculus on June 9, 2012 at 2:19 AM

saved? Is there some religious deal with those stories?

I only watched the dvd when it came out a few years ago. Cool movie.

bazil9 on June 9, 2012 at 2:19 AM

Guadalcanal Diary? That doesn’t leap to mind, but I may have. I was a voracious WWII reader back in the entire 80s decade. I did enjoy Baa Baa Black Sheep (and the TV series with their Corsairs). I read God is My Co-Pilot several times, and read the 1965 book on the Nuremburg trials more than once. Reading about Tarawa was a bit rough, but Iwo Jima was a page-turner, as was the Pacific sub fleet’s exploits, what, with their doubly faulty torpedoes.

But I was far more interested in the European Theatre (which included the North African Theatre). Old Blood and Guts for the win.

John Hitchcock on June 9, 2012 at 2:20 AM

Did I spark some memories of 10th grade English book reports? lol

bazil9 on June 9, 2012 at 2:05 AM

bazil, if I was the person then that I am now the teachers would have either been laughing at or had me camping out at the principals office.

I wish that I had taken school and Army helicopter mechanic training more seriously. Free education with important subjects but most of us just did enough to get by.

I did my best in college when no one was going to yell at me or get me in trouble, but I had matured and was po’d if I didn’t get A’s.

arnold ziffel on June 9, 2012 at 2:21 AM

Obama should of never let the Clintons into his admin. He should have destroyed them when he was popular. Machiavelli > alinsky

BoxHead1 on June 9, 2012 at 2:22 AM

Bazil, the entire ChronNarn series is deeply rooted in Christianity. Absolutely chock full of Christianity. For instance, Aslan == Jesus, in every way.

John Hitchcock on June 9, 2012 at 2:23 AM

4Grace on June 9, 2012 at 2:17 AM

The Narnia books rule!..My Daughter loved them!!..:)

PS..We have a lively group in here tonight!..:):)

Dire Straits on June 9, 2012 at 2:23 AM

I think your a little older then me, maybe different in a different time.

bazil9 on June 9, 2012 at 2:16 AM

Yes, young ‘un, I am older than you. I think about 10-11 years. Yikes.

4Grace on June 9, 2012 at 2:24 AM

arnold ziffel on June 9, 2012 at 2:21 AM

Same with me. I took college more seriously. I played to much in HS…was rebellious.
Part of growing up.

bazil9 on June 9, 2012 at 2:25 AM

John Hitchcock on June 9, 2012 at 2:23 AM

heh, I had no idea.

I didn’t read them, so didnt connect it. Thx.

bazil9 on June 9, 2012 at 2:27 AM

John Hitchcock on June 9, 2012 at 2:20 AM

The movie Patton was/is a classic..IMHO..:)

PS..George C. Scott was brilliant!!..:)

Dire Straits on June 9, 2012 at 2:27 AM

But it’s fun.

John Hitchcock on June 9, 2012 at 2:13 AM

I think it was made for the Choom Gangers around the world. lol

4Grace on June 9, 2012 at 2:28 AM

John Hitchcock on June 9, 2012 at 2:20 AM

Guadalcanal Diary was written by a guy named Tregaskis, who was one of only two war correspondents on the island. That one was touch and go for a while, and the first hand account is a great read.

novaculus on June 9, 2012 at 2:28 AM

novaculus on June 9, 2012 at 2:11 AM

I read all those except the last two. The book I am reading is “Guadalcanal” by Richard Frank. Just an excellent read. Makes you think “gulp”, glad I didn’t have to make those decisions. The Japanese were no easy win Cletus.
As an enlisted man you generally don’t appreciate the difficulties and responsibilities the officers had and have. I do now.

arnold ziffel on June 9, 2012 at 2:29 AM

Boy, the Democratic long knives are out!

Remember that airport hangar, Barack? That one in January 2008. In South Carolina… or was it Florida? Just you, and him, the Secret Service making sure that he had all the privacy he needed. Remember that? It went something like: “You’re going to go out and call ME a racist?! You little f**king punk, if you live long enough, you will regret that! One day, when all the cheering has stopped, and they realize what a half-witted fraud you are… I’ll be there.

And then, I’ll knock your d**k in the dirt, boy!!”

You should have listened to Big Bill. He wasn’t joking…

JohnGalt23 on June 9, 2012 at 2:29 AM

Yes, young ‘un, I am older than you. I think about 10-11 years. Yikes.

4Grace on June 9, 2012 at 2:24 AM

You would have been my baby sitter. :) lol

Just from observation, I knew you were older then me..just wasn’t sure by how much. No yikes.

bazil9 on June 9, 2012 at 2:30 AM

Ive trashed allahpundit when his articles didnt make sense, so its only fair to note that this one was excellently written, funny too!

kmalkows on June 9, 2012 at 2:31 AM

saved? Is there some religious deal with those stories?

I only watched the dvd when it came out a few years ago. Cool movie.

bazil9 on June 9, 2012 at 2:19 AM

Sorry I’m behind. Yes, CS Lewis wrote them. Have you read any of his work? HIS story is a great story. You gotta read the books. I think you would enjoy them.

4Grace on June 9, 2012 at 2:32 AM

The movie Patton was/is a classic..IMHO..:)

PS..George C. Scott was brilliant!!..:)

Dire Straits on June 9, 2012 at 2:27 AM

Great film, and Scott was equally great.

But you want brilliant George C Scott? The Hustler. James Dean had nothing on the epitome of cool that was Bert Gordon.

JohnGalt23 on June 9, 2012 at 2:33 AM

anotherJoe on June 9, 2012 at 2:11 AM

I agree Mr. Joe but apparently slash and burn is a foreign concept to most republicans. Pee pee like a puppy is more their style.

arnold ziffel on June 9, 2012 at 2:33 AM

I dont recall if I have read CS. Been a while since i sat down and read something other then online politico stuff.

I use to read a lot..life kinda got in the way.
I read a lot of horror stuff though..one phase..then onto other phases.

Thx, I may checkem out.

bazil9 on June 9, 2012 at 2:36 AM

And then, I’ll knock your d**k in the dirt, boy!!”

You should have listened to Big Bill. He wasn’t joking…

JohnGalt23 on June 9, 2012 at 2:29 AM

I love that story. Please tell me it’s true and your not joking us?

arnold ziffel on June 9, 2012 at 2:36 AM

The Screwtape Letters were a difficult read for me. Very good work, just difficult. Reminded me a lot of Pilgrim’s Progress for some strange reason. But CS Lewis’ story is, indeed, well worth reading.

John Hitchcock on June 9, 2012 at 2:37 AM

PS..We have a lively group in here tonight!..:):)

Dire Straits on June 9, 2012 at 2:23 AM

That we do, Dire. We is gettin ourselves edumacated on litter, um litur, liddera, on readin and books and such. ;)

P.S. Just like in music, I love to be introduced to new authors and genres of books. I hated history until years after college. Now, I love it!

4Grace on June 9, 2012 at 2:38 AM

JohnGalt23 on June 9, 2012 at 2:33 AM

Thank you for the tip..I will have to check that out!!..:)

Dire Straits on June 9, 2012 at 2:39 AM

PS..We have a lively group in here tonight!..:):)

Dire Straits on June 9, 2012 at 2:23 AM

I used all my “lively” last night.

Dragging tonight…off to zzzz land soon.
Chores be a callin tomorrow.

bazil9 on June 9, 2012 at 2:41 AM

4Grace on June 9, 2012 at 2:38 AM

Very well stated!!..It is so cool!!..I am enjoying it!!..:)

PS..I love history also!!..:)

Dire Straits on June 9, 2012 at 2:42 AM

I realize now why I hated certain subjects at one time.

My teachers..some -they sucked..looking back.

Wasnt the subject itself.

I wish Newt had been my History teacher. :)

bazil9 on June 9, 2012 at 2:43 AM

bazil9 on June 9, 2012 at 2:41 AM

Later..I enjoyed it as always!..:)

Dire Straits on June 9, 2012 at 2:44 AM

4Grace on June 9, 2012 at 2:38 AM

I was an avid history reader by the time I hit 6th grade in the 1970s, about the same time I became a political junkie. I even called my 7th grade history teacher a revisionist! (He proceeded to tell me all history is revisionist.) And I was very into math. Hated English and Science but was cursed by a very capable mind so I was pushed into the heavier honors courses where I really didn’t want to be.

John Hitchcock on June 9, 2012 at 2:45 AM

arnold ziffel on June 9, 2012 at 2:29 AM

The last two are from WWI. No Parachute is one of the best war books I have ever read.

I had an uncle who was at Guadalcanal, and several other island campaigns in the Marianas. His experiences must have been hellish. For example, everyone knew to stand off from him and yell if he was having a nightmare. He told me that every night the Japanese would try to infiltrate their lines, and you had to sleep with one eye open or you were likely to get your throat cut. So you didn’t want to wake him up by touching him.

novaculus on June 9, 2012 at 2:46 AM

If you’re headin’ off, bazil, Abyssinia.

John Hitchcock on June 9, 2012 at 2:47 AM

John Hitchcock on June 9, 2012 at 2:45 AM

Haha, very cool. I called a 7th grade teacher a name, but it wasn’t “revisionist.” Maybe I should have picked a different word. It’s not fun being sent to the principal’s office when YOUR DAD is the principal.

4Grace on June 9, 2012 at 2:48 AM

4Grace on June 9, 2012 at 2:48 AM

Yeah, you would think you might have foreseen that wasn’t going to end well.

novaculus on June 9, 2012 at 2:50 AM

YOUR DAD is the principal.

4Grace on June 9, 2012 at 2:48 AM

Now that SUCKS! LOL

bazil9 on June 9, 2012 at 2:51 AM

John Hitchcock on June 9, 2012 at 2:45 AM

Good one. Dopey me didn’t catch it until after the 3rd reading.

4Grace on June 9, 2012 at 2:51 AM

Thx John, I am headed in a few.

Abyssinia…fancy word lol
Okay..thank you-I Think. ;)

bazil9 on June 9, 2012 at 2:52 AM

Thanks for the laugh, 4Grace. And no thanks for the reminder, gaack!

My Middle School vice principle was there long enough for his hot hot hottie daughter to get thru and go to High School.

Then he became my High School vice principle. :(

John Hitchcock on June 9, 2012 at 2:53 AM

4Grace on June 9, 2012 at 2:48 AM

LoLz!!..I bet it was not a good day at all!..:)

Dire Straits on June 9, 2012 at 2:53 AM

Now that SUCKS! LOL

bazil9 on June 9, 2012 at 2:51 AM

I would whine to my mom about how tough that situation was for me. I received zero sympathy because my mom’s dad was the sheriff when she was growing up. lol

4Grace on June 9, 2012 at 2:54 AM

4Grace on June 9, 2012 at 2:54 AM

LOL- none of you ladies caught a break. I give you sympathy. :)

I would imagine that was tough.
Like being the kid of a pastor..

bazil9 on June 9, 2012 at 2:57 AM

LoLz!!..I bet it was not a good day at all!..:)

Dire Straits on June 9, 2012 at 2:53 AM

Shoot, being sent to the office was the easy part. The really bad part was when he arrived home that evening.

4Grace on June 9, 2012 at 2:57 AM

Here ya go, 4Grace.

John Hitchcock on June 9, 2012 at 2:58 AM

Okay-night all-

Thx for the touchy feely-chit and chat.

4Grace- you can out hang this young’n ;)

Super Saturday to all.

bazil9 on June 9, 2012 at 3:00 AM

I swore I was going to bed early tonight.

Goodnight all. Thanks for the laughs, tunes and conversation!

4Grace on June 9, 2012 at 3:00 AM

Here ya go, 4Grace.

John Hitchcock on June 9, 2012 at 2:58 AM

Lolz, thanks!

4Grace on June 9, 2012 at 3:02 AM

G’night baz, Grace…

novaculus on June 9, 2012 at 3:03 AM

say goodnight, gracie. Oh, you did? Nite nite then.

John Hitchcock on June 9, 2012 at 3:03 AM

4Grace on June 9, 2012 at 3:00 AM

Enjoyed it!!..Have a good night!..:)

Dire Straits on June 9, 2012 at 3:07 AM

Looks like the gabfest is kaput now. So I’ll be off wandering elsewhere now. Turnin’ out the lights.

John Hitchcock on June 9, 2012 at 3:29 AM

diminishes his tattered bipartisan brand.

If Obama’s in any rational way to be considered bipartisan, then the Grand Canyon must be called a rut in northern Arizona.

Isn’t it time to drop that word? It has clearly been nothing more than a constructive weapon of the left, and their kneejerk media hacks, to hurl at republicans when they fail to completely submit themselves to the socialist/God-loathing machine.

Don L on June 9, 2012 at 5:25 AM

Does anyone else think Obama’s trying to throw this election? Several times I’ve read he doesn’t much like the job. (The perks, sure, but not the job itself.)

With all the mistakes he’s making the last couple months he looks like someone who’s going through the motions of a campaign just because he’s expected to. But he’s really not all that into it & would be perfectly happy to ditch the day job and start cashing in more royalty checks from his memoirs.

That’s probably just wishful thinking on my part but it’s my impression.

beancounter on June 8, 2012 at 9:37 PM

Back in 2008, I thought that would be the deal worked out with the Clintons -a sort of “bad president -good president” tag team. He puts in the radical stuff, she soothes America’s fears and mmost of it stays in place. (Most of it probably will with Oromney anyway)
I’d take a Walker/ Romney ticket though and actually go to work for it.

Don L on June 9, 2012 at 5:32 AM

If the hatchet falls on Obamacare in the next week or so, Obama & company will not be able to shake off the stench of a loser.

And America, my friends, does not like a loser.

At that point–game over.

Grace_is_sufficient on June 9, 2012 at 5:47 AM

Weird night over at.ace’s. That criminal freak that’s been swatting cons has him freaked out.

tom daschle concerned on June 9, 2012 at 5:55 AM

4Grace on June 9, 2012 at 2:01 AM

Ah, so that’s why Obama doesn’t seem to be getting away with it much lately.

Cleombrotus on June 9, 2012 at 6:18 AM

CLASSIC!

Oveeral, about the Obama Deflation — err, perhaps “Demasking” is equally fitting (it’s “fair” and “transparent” to apply both descriptions) — I was editing stored image files from the past five years earlier today and EVERYthing that depicted Obama in various permutations of awful as they reflected respective issues with dates, EVERYthing remains pertinent today, only difference is “today” those permutations of awful are now being recognized more publicly, beyond the commentary-observations of me only.

Biden, Jarrett, Axelrod, Emanuel, all of it…it’s been there to see all along, but it’s quite hopeful of the real kind that, at last, more voters are *seeing it*.

Lourdes on June 9, 2012 at 6:23 AM

And, about Axelrod specifically, having him represent ANYone in public is a monstrous mistake. Axelrod is a snarly, unhappy person and his high-anxiety that strikes out so bitterly at others — he doesn’t even try to mask it — is a serious indication of how lame Obama (and his Administration and perpetual campaigning) actually is.

.Pause.

Now that I think about it, Axelrod is a GREAT representative for Obama … send the guy out to make babies cry and old people shudder.

Lourdes on June 9, 2012 at 6:26 AM

That’s probably just wishful thinking on my part but it’s my impression.

beancounter on June 8, 2012 at 9:37 PM

Ha, it’s like, hey, he meant to knock those shelves of priceless artifacts over and smash them all to bits while on a tour of the newly restored architectural dicovery! Not his fault, that shelf was really asking for it, coulda’ happened to ANYone, got in his way!

Perhaps Obama has his head set on a tv show like “Ellen” or “Oprah.” It might explain his courtship with all the Hollywood entertainers: lining-up his guest list and trendy-issues talk. Seriously, it’s the likeliest destination for him because his credibilities as a possible President have been ruined. By him.

Lourdes on June 9, 2012 at 6:33 AM

Barry obviously does not like the job of President.
He knows he is over his head, but he likes the perks – travel, golf, hanging with the Hollywood crowd, parties with celebrities at the White House.

Michelle loathes being first lady…and not being able to take a couple three vacations in the next 5 months is going turn up her cranky hatefullness level a bit. Barry probably has a group of 10 wranglers just keeping Michelle from flipping out in public.

Barry would like to have replaced Joe “foot in the mouth” Biden, but the only person Barry could think of to be VP was himself, Barry.

Barry is not a fighter (but a blamer) and once he realizes things are not greased for him to win (like in 2008), he will quit, retreat into seclusion…just go through the motions until it is over.

albill on June 9, 2012 at 7:52 AM

“Stronger wind at his back”?

If I have read a more ridiculous assessment of the future prospects for this economy, it would have to be in President Obumble’s own words. China has rolled over, Europe has rolled over, our fiscal situation is so far out of whack that government would have to downsize by 30% just to stop adding to the $16T debt (not counting the $40T-$50T in unfunded liabilities). The world’s debt load is somewhere north of 350 percent of world GDP.

Yeah, APbama, the world is doing just fine. Nothing but smooth sailing ahead…“I’ve got morons on my team”.

PD Quig on June 9, 2012 at 8:01 AM

Anyone know what happened at AoSHQ?

beedubya on June 9, 2012 at 8:01 AM

Anyone know what happened at AoSHQ?

beedubya on June 9, 2012 at 8:01 AM

Too much nonsense in the comment section. There used to be no registration to comment over there.

tom daschle concerned on June 9, 2012 at 8:05 AM