Ed Schultz: Obama was so right, people really do “cling to their guns and religion”

posted at 4:01 pm on June 8, 2012 by Erika Johnsen

Good grief, Mr. Schultz — what is this, China or something? Heaven forbid anybody believe in anything that subverts their loyalties away from the all-enlightened state or union group-think! Via Weasel Zippers:

Yeah, those dumb rural Americans! Gov. Walker affords Wisconsinites the opportunity to escape mandatory public union membership, which they then do in droves, but it’s because… er, Gov. Walker thinks the budget is out of whack, and corporate interests are able to pull the wool over everybody’s eyes because people love their guns and religion too much? I’m not sure I follow. Yes, I am sensing a disconnect here — amongst Schultz’s populist ravings.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

I don’t watch the Misguided Socialist Narcissistic Broadcasting Corporation (it makes my leg tingle) and don’t know who Ed is.

But I am really happy that Macy’s decided to do another parade in June…that Ed guy looks so life-like! And you can’t even see the ropes holding him to the ground!

teejk on June 8, 2012 at 6:24 PM

It’s not as if anyone is stopping them from joining a local church and buying a gun. (Well, in some states…)

Ed should try it. It might actually make him happy.

CurtZHP on June 8, 2012 at 4:20 PM

Oh, trust me. He owns at least one gun and it’s near the nightstand.

These people always own protection.

Cleombrotus on June 8, 2012 at 6:26 PM

I heard today, don’t know if it was true or a joke, I was half listening to the radio, that on Tuesday night Fox’s ratings were down and MSNBC’s were up.

I so enjoyed watching this chubby knucklehead trying not to weep.

Akzed on June 8, 2012 at 4:14 PM

Don’t follow ratings much but did see Hannity got the best ratings election night.

But Hmmm. Lots here watch MSNBC. Interesting.

Steveangell on June 8, 2012 at 6:50 PM

Ed, a self-promoting opportunist, has changed his views from conservative to an Obama-loving ultra-leftist. Clearly he did this for self-promotion and profit, garnering a huge msnbc salary and hundreds of thousands of $ in speaker fees also.
This man, Schultz, is a bloated traitorous buffoon who is always groveling before the enemies of the good folk.

anotherJoe on June 8, 2012 at 7:04 PM

Golly, those liberals surely despise the faithful. What possible evil could be in the hearts of those who despise God’s people and are obsessed with taking away the firearm protection of innocent civilians?

Don L on June 8, 2012 at 7:09 PM

Ed should try it. It might actually make him happy.

CurtZHP on June 8, 2012 at 4:20 PM

Guns=happiness religion=misery, stupidity, fear, ignorance, becoming a fat aces, smelly feet and uselessness.

Your Mamma loves me on June 8, 2012 at 7:12 PM

Your Mamma loves me = misery, stupidity, fear, ignorance, becoming a fat aces, smelly feet and uselessness.

Your Mamma loves me on June 8, 2012 at 7:12 PM

Fixed it for ya. You’re as classless as your name.

kingsjester on June 8, 2012 at 7:15 PM

Somewhere, Keith Olberman is watching TV and saying, “WTF is that guy’s problem?”

Schultz sounded like that newswoman with the on-air stroke. Surprised he didn’t start talking about the “hevay burtasion.”

DarthBrooks on June 8, 2012 at 7:16 PM

Is there ANYONE more offensive than this pig cretin? I don’t think so. He’s not even remotely believable as a legitimate “pundit”, there’s something so undeniably CRAZY about his thinking. He puts the exclamation point on left wing lunacy. I’m glad there’s not much on NBC that I enjoy watching because I simply can’t support a network that gives this fool a voice.

BettyRuth on June 8, 2012 at 7:16 PM

There is a disconnect. It’s between Sgt. Schultz’s ears!!! I sense Schultz conotating violence here.

sonnyspats1 on June 8, 2012 at 7:23 PM

Is the first requirement to be on MSNBC is to be a dolt?

sadatoni on June 8, 2012 at 7:25 PM

I don’t cling to my gun…I hold it fondly in my hand, though.
Clinging gets in the way of shooting it.

And as for that religion thing…well, being an atheist…

I do know one thing. MSNBC is clinging to a declining audience and bitterly clinging to idiots like Schultz.

ProfShadow on June 8, 2012 at 7:33 PM

Your Mamma loves me on June 8, 2012 at 7:12 PM

Really?

Do you think you are intelligent?

CW on June 8, 2012 at 7:54 PM

ProfShadow on June 8, 2012 at 7:33 PM

Actually it is growing. CNN used to beat MSNBC easily even after FNC beat them no longer. Madow is quite popular.

Many that blog here are regular listeners.

Not me I only listen to posted clips.

Steveangell on June 8, 2012 at 8:08 PM

I so enjoyed watching this chubby knucklehead trying not to weep.

Akzed on June 8, 2012 at 4:14 PM

No need to worry. You have to put those ratings into context. Many of us turned over to MSNBC hoping to see them melting down. It’s not like any sane person was tuning in for their fine political insight.

slug on June 8, 2012 at 8:16 PM

slug on June 8, 2012 at 8:16 PM

Few would admit if they were.

The way some write though I wonder. Especially when they start quoting what was said by Ed or Madow.

Steveangell on June 8, 2012 at 8:27 PM

Don’t kid yourself Schultz knows if he hammers away with lies long enough he’ll get through to enough people to cause problems, its why we have liberal fascism right now.

He has to be countered, hard.

Speakup on June 8, 2012 at 8:47 PM

….and because I “cling to my guns” people like you schultz. you heil hitler motherf#$%#$, should be shaking in in their boots.

But why worry, you have erik von holder to back your racist nazi socialist butt, right?

Wolfmoon on June 8, 2012 at 10:05 PM

Wouldn’t be the first time Herr Schultz got ‘froggy’ with his fists … against a little woman no less in Detroit Lakes, Mn.

LCL4 on June 9, 2012 at 12:51 AM

Congratulations PBHO!

MJBrutus on May 2, 2011 at 7:14 AM

kingsjester on June 8, 2012 at 6:21 PM

On May 2, 2011, bin Laden was shot and killed inside a private residential compound in Abbottabad, Pakistan, by U.S. Navy SEALs and CIA operatives in a covert operation ordered by United States President Barack Obama.

Should Obama have let him live?

MJBrutus on June 9, 2012 at 5:53 AM

Poor Sergeant Schultz.
It’s really too bad that stupid people are too stupid to know that they’re stupid.

Hoof Hearted on June 9, 2012 at 10:58 AM

This is what the “news” has descended to. Long gone are the days of Edward R. Murrow, Walter Cronkite and David Brinkley. Now, decent, hard-working Americans are criticized and mocked for voting for the right people and things. Ed Schultz should be transported to Venezuelan television where his views would be more in line with his god, the government.

theaddora on June 9, 2012 at 11:12 AM

Should Obama have let him live?

MJBrutus on June 9, 2012 at 5:53 AM

Obama did not kill him. The Navy Seal Team did.

kingsjester on June 9, 2012 at 11:17 AM

I cling onto my guns so much that this week I just hung rope lights in my gun safe so I can see everything easier. It does look quite nice.

jzzr83 on June 9, 2012 at 2:50 PM

Schultz is the epitome of a mindless liberal and is a putrid pile of camel dung.

rplat on June 9, 2012 at 5:11 PM

Thank you for finally catching this. Some stations who carried Schultz’ program went off the air recently due to very poor ratings. MSNBC is the only way Mr. Ed can earn a living doing what a five year old does, go on an immature rant when things don’t go his way. Who pays his salary and bills? Some very wealthy leftists who want taxpayers to pay their lifestyles including Soros.

mike0993 on June 10, 2012 at 7:03 AM

What I find ironic in the whole “bitterly clinging to religion and guns” debate, is that as a Christian I’m supposed to cling to Jesus and God!

1 You, God, are my God, earnestly I seek you; I thirst for you, my whole being longs for you, in a dry and parched land where there is no water.
2 I have seen you in the sanctuary and beheld your power and your glory.
3 Because your love is better than life, my lips will glorify you.
4 I will praise you as long as I live, and in your name I will lift up my hands.
5 I will be fully satisfied as with the richest of foods; with singing lips my mouth will praise you.
6 On my bed I remember you; I think of you through the watches of the night.
7 Because you are my help, I sing in the shadow of your wings.
8 I cling to you; your right hand upholds me.

–Psalm 63:1-8

The fact that Obama can make that into a slur against me tells me all I need to know about Obama’s “faith”.

dominigan on June 10, 2012 at 9:34 AM

On his radio show, Shultz always used ta (Obama favorite “ta”) talk about his hunting and fishing.

Now all he talks about is 30 Rock.

He forgot you, Minnesota!

What an imposter!

Sherman1864 on June 10, 2012 at 10:31 AM

MSNBC would have better ratings with “The Mr. Ed Show” and a horse doing political commentary. More in-depth conversation and deeper thinking.

WWWWIIIIILLLLLLLLBBBBUUURRRRRRRRRRRR.

NoPain on June 10, 2012 at 5:28 PM

Here’s a nice ‘clingy’ piece for ya ED..

Find a way to find a way….to find our way back home”

LAUS DEO

Kickin new music video

deedtrader on June 10, 2012 at 6:33 PM

Ed SCHULTZ is about as smart as Sgt. SCHULTZ from Hogan’s Heroes.

p51d007 on June 10, 2012 at 11:09 PM

Is there ANYONE more offensive than this pig cretin? I don’t think so . . . .”
BettyRuth on June 8, 2012 at 7:16 PM

He is right down there with the worst of them (at this moment), I agree!

Sherman1864 on June 11, 2012 at 12:30 AM

If they really want to see the problem, that war-table had better be made out of mirrors.

mediamime on June 11, 2012 at 8:11 AM

Nothing goes better with my morning coffee than watching Liberal meltdowns. :-D

franksalterego on June 11, 2012 at 9:59 AM