Ed Schultz: Obama was so right, people really do “cling to their guns and religion”

posted at 4:01 pm on June 8, 2012 by Erika Johnsen

Good grief, Mr. Schultz — what is this, China or something? Heaven forbid anybody believe in anything that subverts their loyalties away from the all-enlightened state or union group-think! Via Weasel Zippers:

Yeah, those dumb rural Americans! Gov. Walker affords Wisconsinites the opportunity to escape mandatory public union membership, which they then do in droves, but it’s because… er, Gov. Walker thinks the budget is out of whack, and corporate interests are able to pull the wool over everybody’s eyes because people love their guns and religion too much? I’m not sure I follow. Yes, I am sensing a disconnect here — amongst Schultz’s populist ravings.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

and some people cling to their unions and power…….

at least, until they are utterly beaten like a red haired stepchild.

ted c on June 8, 2012 at 4:03 PM

Liberalism is a religion cult.

itsnotaboutme on June 8, 2012 at 4:04 PM

I was wondering why Special Ed didn’t quote John Murtha, too. If he had more than two brain cells and remembered Murtha’s remarks I’m sure he would have.

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on June 8, 2012 at 4:04 PM

Heh

Republicans attack the president as a big-government liberal. Many liberals meeting Thursday at Netroots Nation — it describes the annual convention as “a giant family reunion for the left” — argue instead that Obama hasn’t fought hard enough for progressive priorities on taxes, health care and the economy.

Even more problematic for the president: With the election just five months away, some are threatening not to donate money or time or even vote in November for the man who overwhelmingly ignited their passions and captured their imaginations four years ago.

“I want to be happy with him,” said Democrat Kristine Vaughan, a 45-year-old school psychologist from Canton, Ohio. “But I am finding that he has succumbed to the corporate influence as much as everyone else. I think he has so much potential to break out of that, but overall he has been a disappointment.”

On topic, sure they do. So what? Obama lost the rubes from 2008, teh-heh.

He’ll claim to be whiter than his mother, to get them back, but it won’t happen.

Schadenfreude on June 8, 2012 at 4:05 PM

“Union membership in this country has to get at the war-table and figure out, what’s the problem?”

Self-awareness is not one of the Left’s strengths.

chimney sweep on June 8, 2012 at 4:05 PM

To watch Tomasky, Ed Schultz and Eleonor Clift, along with the other critters on MSNBC, on Nov. 6, will be delightful.

Schadenfreude on June 8, 2012 at 4:06 PM

Keep talking! I like when liberals insult the very people they need to vote for their disastrous policies!!

Very persuasive as usual Mr. Shultz.

JAM on June 8, 2012 at 4:06 PM

Lot of people seem jealous about not having their own guns and religion.

MadisonConservative on June 8, 2012 at 4:06 PM

We are all rural now.

MontanaMmmm on June 8, 2012 at 4:06 PM

Now that’s scary as hell…

BacaDog on June 8, 2012 at 4:07 PM

When this tool speaks to the camera, I wonder if he knows he is only talking to maybe a few hundred people.

The Notorious G.O.P on June 8, 2012 at 4:08 PM

He’s a member of the ‘just keep saying radical crap about the right and see if it sticks’ crowd. He’s not going for ‘makes sense’… He’s aiming at the morons who already believe the right is made up mostly of Nazis… His base.

RalphyBoy on June 8, 2012 at 4:08 PM

Union membership in this country has to get at the war-table look in the mirror and figure out, what’s that’s the problem?!

FIFY, Schultzy

CycloneCDB on June 8, 2012 at 4:08 PM

Ed Schultz is insane. At the least, he is criminally stupid.

Philly on June 8, 2012 at 4:09 PM

what is this, China or something?

I saw a bunch people clinging to their religion in China just this/yesterday evening.

DarkCurrent on June 8, 2012 at 4:09 PM

Self-awareness is not one of the Left’s strengths.

chimney sweep on June 8, 2012 at 4:05 PM

They are, after all, the Reality-Based Community…

BigGator5 on June 8, 2012 at 4:11 PM

Much like Hideki Irabu, Ed Schultz is a fat, puss-laden toad.

JohnGalt23 on June 8, 2012 at 4:11 PM

and some people cling to their unions money and power that money can buy…….

ted c on June 8, 2012 at 4:03 PM

chickasaw42 on June 8, 2012 at 4:13 PM

Lot of people seem jealous about not having their own guns and religion.

MadisonConservative on June 8, 2012 at 4:06 PM

This.

Libraritarian on June 8, 2012 at 4:14 PM

I heard today, don’t know if it was true or a joke, I was half listening to the radio, that on Tuesday night Fox’s ratings were down and MSNBC’s were up.

I so enjoyed watching this chubby knucklehead trying not to weep.

Akzed on June 8, 2012 at 4:14 PM

i can’t stand MSNBC except when they’re crying in their Obama-Kool-Aid at the latest failure. Its garbage like this that will cause my head to explode from the contradiction and outright stupidity

Defector01 on June 8, 2012 at 4:15 PM

Akzed on June 8, 2012 at 4:14 PM

I watched MSNBC on election night for the schaudenfreude. I haven’t even turned on Fox for over a year.

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on June 8, 2012 at 4:15 PM

Just another blowhard idiot. And, a bore, too.

totherightofthem on June 8, 2012 at 4:16 PM

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on June 8, 2012 at 4:15 PM

I watch Fox during commercials of World’s Most Disturbing Police Videos on True TV.

Akzed on June 8, 2012 at 4:17 PM

Gods, but these people are stupid sheep. Do they have no eyes? Clearly, they have no brains and haven’t had an original, independent thought in their entire lives. Get this woman to a shrink, or the nuthouse, stat.

totherightofthem on June 8, 2012 at 4:19 PM

Big Ed will be getting a call from Chicago very soon.
It’s not that he is insulting union defectors in Wisc. It’s that he is insulting other union folks across the country that will be voting in November. Those folks in Wisc. did not drop their dues and vote for Walker because he spent the most money. They saw the truth and voted.
Ed’s insults are counterproductive.

Jabberwock on June 8, 2012 at 4:19 PM

I got rid of cable over a year ago. I can watch FNC or PMSLSD online if I wish too…

OmahaConservative on June 8, 2012 at 4:19 PM

Post-election coverage Maddow had a chart showing that if the Left lost the Unions, they could never win any more elections, because the money funnel was dismantled.

She reported it as if that were abad thing.

jamie gumm on June 8, 2012 at 4:20 PM

Is this what passes as news at NBC? No wonder I never watch it.

Axion on June 8, 2012 at 4:20 PM

Lot of people seem jealous about not having their own guns and religion.

MadisonConservative on June 8, 2012 at 4:06 PM

It’s not as if anyone is stopping them from joining a local church and buying a gun. (Well, in some states…)

Ed should try it. It might actually make him happy.

CurtZHP on June 8, 2012 at 4:20 PM

…Syphilis Schultz I call him…that man has syphilis of the brain!

KOOLAID2 on June 8, 2012 at 4:21 PM

I didn’t exactly follow the “Example A right there” thing that Eddie Munster had going on. Was there some point during the recall campaign when Walker wore a clerical collor said he would give every Wisconsitonian a free gun or something?

Ed might as well have said “Wisconsinitians drink a lot of milk, and Example A is right there” because it would have made as much sense.

Bishop on June 8, 2012 at 4:21 PM

Talk Slut Ed has jumped the shark.

BHO Jonestown on June 8, 2012 at 4:21 PM

Ed Shultz dispatch from Nov. 6th 2012 ca. 11pm:

BKennedy on June 8, 2012 at 4:22 PM

What a sore losing fat F#$K

rjoco1 on June 8, 2012 at 4:23 PM

No wonder Shultz has the lowest rated news/opinion show on cable!

tomshup on June 8, 2012 at 4:23 PM

Ed Schultz ku:

Ed Shultz is weeping
bitter clingers won
Ed clinging to hope

BacaDog on June 8, 2012 at 4:23 PM

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on June 8, 2012 at 4:15 PM

I was too. I especially liked the episode on Richard Maddows show where some liberal dufus stated that he had just spoken to Barret and that he said he would not be conceding.

About 5 mins later….Boom. Concession speech.

Mr. Maddow made no mention of that. What was also a highlight of the evening was on the Lawrence Odonnell show, where some young lib dude started crying and forecasted the end of our democracy because of a democratic election.

BobMbx on June 8, 2012 at 4:24 PM

Is this what passes as news at NBC? No wonder I never watch it.

Axion on June 8, 2012 at 4:20 PM

___________________________________________

Pathetic isn’t it?

Of course, this fat turd can boast literally dozens of viewers.

MSNBC – next stop – Current TV ratings – after that, Public Access Channels maybe?

Comcast must be so proud of their “investment”

ICanSeeNovFromMyHouse on June 8, 2012 at 4:24 PM

Schultz ain’t the sharpest tool in the shed. His Mom still probably dresses him in the morning. And is one of his two most loyal viewers.

GarandFan on June 8, 2012 at 4:26 PM

Obama was so right, people really do “cling to their guns and religion”

As one of those clingers myself, lets get something straight. We NEVER said Obama was wrong about that statement. He was just wrong about his ability to do anything about it. We will ALWAYS cling to those things that empower us as individuals and we will ALWAYS reject those things that seek to take away that power.

MikeA on June 8, 2012 at 4:26 PM

If there were any undecided rural folks out there I think Ed Schultz just made up their minds for them.

Thanks Ed!

darwin on June 8, 2012 at 4:26 PM

Um, Special Ed, it is called CHOICE. When given the CHOICE, people do not want to belong to a union.

When the umbilical cord is cut, i.e., the forced deduction of dues by the employer (especially the government) to the union, then the unions have to sell themselves and, face it, most people look at unions for the thuggish dinosaurs that they are.

Welcome To ‘My Progressive Little Ponyland’! It’s Forward! It’s The Future And I Swear It Works!

M2RB: Goo Goo Dolls

The Left’s Epic Crash & Burn

M2RB: 3 Doors Down

Resist We Much on June 8, 2012 at 4:26 PM

I think Ed should protest this. He should do it the way the right wing bloggers are protesting — with a day of silence. And since he’s so much more righteous than those bitter clingers on the right, he should protest for much longer — say a year or so!

OhPleaseOhPleaseOhPlease…

apostic on June 8, 2012 at 4:28 PM

Message from Wisconsin

Schadenfreude on June 8, 2012 at 4:28 PM

Well, but the “bitter” part was way off. Clingers really do have more fun.

J.E. Dyer on June 8, 2012 at 4:29 PM

The unions really need to get to the war table and figure out how to intimidate those rural hicks into voting correctly.

Bishop on June 8, 2012 at 4:29 PM

Damn straight I cling to my God. I’m not trading Him for a fake Chicago Jesus.

The Rogue Tomato on June 8, 2012 at 4:29 PM

You ever get the feeling that if you poke Crazy Ed with one of those straws that come on kid’s juice boxes, that silly string will shoot out of him?

Flora Duh on June 8, 2012 at 4:30 PM

Ed Schultz is Keith Olbermann’s feminine side. He’s so b!tchy!

AubieJon on June 8, 2012 at 4:30 PM

Hey Ed, I hear there’s going to be a slot on CNN for Pier Morgan’S slot. Maybe you can double your audience by taking over his. Check it out.

chickasaw42 on June 8, 2012 at 4:30 PM

hepcat on June 8, 2012 at 4:11 PM

Wow! And here I thought he was just a natural born union goon. Turns out he’s being paid to be a union goon!

Akzed on June 8, 2012 at 4:31 PM

They cling bitterly to their Constitution too. How bitterly? You will find out in five months, hack.

spiritof61 on June 8, 2012 at 4:32 PM

We’re happier than you, you schmuck.

kingsjester on June 8, 2012 at 4:32 PM

Lot of people seem jealous about not having their own guns and religion.

MadisonConservative on June 8, 2012 at 4:06 PM

Ed should try it. It might actually make him happy.

CurtZHP on June 8, 2012 at 4:20 PM

Liberalism is Ed’s religion.

itsnotaboutme on June 8, 2012 at 4:33 PM

Dripping with Orwellian irony.

If anything, it’s the left that clings to the chronically failed ideology of statism, socialism and utopianism with a fundamentalist zeal that would put the mullahs and ayatollahs to shame.

Rixon on June 8, 2012 at 4:34 PM

Like Schultz ever makes sense…

jimver on June 8, 2012 at 4:35 PM

Ed bitterly clings to his Little Red Book & to his copy of Das Kapital.

itsnotaboutme on June 8, 2012 at 4:36 PM

It’s your typical liberal response- It must be somebody else’s fault. Nevermind that Walker got 38% support among union households, it couldn’t be that non-mandatory membership thingy it has to be the Koch brothers or something.

It stems out of the very stupid, very false idea that I heard all the time when living in Michigan. Unions are wonderful organizations who are responsible for making a middle class, creating the five-day work week, making the workplace safe, and generally creating the quality of life “working people” enjoy. Without unions, businesses would return the workplace to the days of the Pullman strike of 1894 or the Triangle Shirtwaist Fire of 1911. Nevermind unions connections with communists, socialists, and anarchists that make their supposed love of this nation hypocritical at best.

The way the Wisconsin unions in particular decided to protest not by debate but by millions of dollars of destruction to the statehouse and massive expenditures on recalls that netted them virtually nothing but contempt of the nation.

Happy Nomad on June 8, 2012 at 4:36 PM

Yes, I am sensing a disconnect here pure unadulterated insanity — amongst Schultz’s populist ravings.

KS Rex on June 8, 2012 at 4:36 PM

The Notorious G.O.P on June 8, 2012 at 4:08 PM

Exactly. The only reason to even post about him is for the sheer entertainment of watching his blustery, insane bloviating.

KS Rex on June 8, 2012 at 4:38 PM

Ed who??

rosewaning on June 8, 2012 at 4:38 PM

Has Schultz reported us to #AttackWatch, yet?

aryeung on June 8, 2012 at 4:39 PM

I cling, therefore I am.

tacodawn on June 8, 2012 at 4:39 PM

Dripping with Orwellian irony.

Rixon on June 8, 2012 at 4:34 PM

The irony is lost on them..too narcissist, self-loving useful idiots to actually make sense of the world and its realities….too aborbed in the endless struggle to think well of/feel good about themselves…

jimver on June 8, 2012 at 4:41 PM

I so enjoyed watching this chubby knucklehead trying not to weep.

Akzed on June 8, 2012 at 4:14 PM

Obama getting booted out of office come November might just be the best thing that ever happened to PMSNBC. Everyone will be tuning in to see the meltdown.

squint on June 8, 2012 at 4:41 PM

Ed bitterly clings to his Little Red Book & to his copy of Das Kapital.

itsnotaboutme on June 8, 2012 at 4:36 PM

Don’t forget the specially edited edition of Mein Kampf which replaces the idea of German superiority with that of Democrat/Union superiority over the bitter clingers who do not follow their masters without question.

Happy Nomad on June 8, 2012 at 4:41 PM

I cling, therefore I am.

tacodawn on June 8, 2012 at 4:39 PM

Lool :)…Ditto…now, can you say that in Latin? :)…

jimver on June 8, 2012 at 4:42 PM

Everybody! How about a nice, loud, heartfelt round of “Joe Hill” led by Joan Baez? C’mon, let’s go!

bugsy on June 8, 2012 at 4:42 PM

squint on June 8, 2012 at 4:41 PM

Not me, I’ll just watch the clips here…

OmahaConservative on June 8, 2012 at 4:43 PM

To think that when Ed Schultz first came on the national scene he was being touted as the “Liberal Rush Limbaugh.” Just how stupid is that idea?

Happy Nomad on June 8, 2012 at 4:43 PM

Happy Nomad on June 8, 2012 at 4:43 PM

Hahaha good one…

jimver on June 8, 2012 at 4:44 PM

Obama was so right, people really do “cling to their guns and religion”

Oh, dear Schultzie, you have no idea how much! Those precious rights given to us in the amendments; you have no idea.

SailorMark on June 8, 2012 at 4:45 PM

Happy Nomad on June 8, 2012 at 4:43 PM

…he coudn’t be a touted turd in Rush’s bowel.

KOOLAID2 on June 8, 2012 at 4:51 PM

Which problem a well polished war-table would clearly reflect.

Barnestormer on June 8, 2012 at 5:00 PM

Way to go Schultz. That statement will certainly attract the religious and pro-gun crowd! (/sarc)

I think Schultz burned out the last brain cell that was left inside his head.

Kingfisher on June 8, 2012 at 5:09 PM

totherightofthem on June 8, 2012 at 4:19 PM

She has already studied psychology up the wazoo why do you think a shrink would help?

chemman on June 8, 2012 at 5:17 PM

Schultz: You know MSNBC hasn’t insulted the Jacksonians in a long time we are long over due disparaging their culture.

Dr Evil on June 8, 2012 at 5:19 PM

We don’t “cling” to religion – we live it, Mr. Schultz.

disa on June 8, 2012 at 5:19 PM

Bible: check
Guns: check
rural address: check

I guess I’m one of those bitter clingers who just don’t buy the enlightenment of the progressives. If you added the IQ of all the progressive elites together you still couldn’t break into triple digits.

chemman on June 8, 2012 at 5:20 PM

Some kind of scandal involving Shultz, booze and no pants in 3…2…

ronsfi on June 8, 2012 at 5:22 PM

Happy Nomad on June 8, 2012 at 4:43 PM

Rush is cheerful, incredibly intelligent, witty, erudite, engaging and has a massive following.

Yeah, Ed Schultz is exactly that alright. /s

Rixon on June 8, 2012 at 5:24 PM

Akzed on June 8, 2012 at 4:31 PM

I don’t understand why all stories about Schultz and the union don’t include that information. I left out a vital piece of information. Emphasis is mine:

Schultz has been paid $337,490 by unions in the last seven years, according to the Labor Department. These same records show no payments from unions to Schultz between fiscal years 2000 to 2004 — before Schultz became such a passionate advocate for unions over the airwaves.

hepcat on June 8, 2012 at 5:24 PM

Here’s the deal, Ed — you keep clinging to your Plastic Jesus & I’ll stick with my guns & bible. We’ll see who comes out ahead in the end.

Dark Star on June 8, 2012 at 5:25 PM

“The big winner tonight is Barack Obama, who as of January 21st, 2013 will be able to spend all his days truly uniting the country with his return to civilian life.” no longer have to interrupt his golf to play president.”

BKennedy on June 8, 2012 at 4:22 PM

FIFY

CJ on June 8, 2012 at 5:30 PM

Did the moronic vulgarian Herr Schultz call any decent conservative women obscene names? He has his religion, the High Church of Power and Force and with such as he it may be advisable for Normal People to exercise their Constitutional rights. Ignorant fascists can’t seem to grasp that.

arand on June 8, 2012 at 5:36 PM

Seriously…It’s probably been mentioned upthread…Ed doesn’t believe 98% of the $hit that runs outta his gob..It’s his schtick…He’s not very good at it granted…He’s a fat, hypertensive slob…

He’s trying to fill the vacuum left from OlberNoid’s departure..

BigWyo on June 8, 2012 at 5:37 PM

kingsjester on June 8, 2012 at 4:32 PM

You don’t seem so. You seem angry and hostile, brother.

MJBrutus on June 8, 2012 at 5:39 PM

I couldn’t stand to watch the video but, yes I am indeed clinging to my guns and my religion. Tight. I guess it’s the sneering, supercilious tone that makes it offensive. Otherwise it seems obvious that the one who clings is wise. One who rejects is foolish

Mason on June 8, 2012 at 5:46 PM

So why does Ed Schultz cling to a “false sense of security”, and atheism?

listens2glenn on June 8, 2012 at 5:50 PM

chemman on June 8, 2012 at 5:17 PM

Because it seems that most shrinks become shrinks so they can self-diagnose. It’s the self-treating that apparently poses a problem for her. ;)

totherightofthem on June 8, 2012 at 5:51 PM

You don’t seem so. You seem angry and hostile, brother.

MJBrutus on June 8, 2012 at 5:39 PM

Is Ed Schultz your father?

kingsjester on June 8, 2012 at 6:04 PM

You don’t seem so. You seem angry and hostile, brother.

MJBrutus on June 8, 2012 at 5:39 PM

Is Ed Schultz your father?

kingsjester on June 8, 2012 at 6:04 PM

I think he is actually looking into the mirror…

ladyingray on June 8, 2012 at 6:16 PM

Looks like Ed is trying to give John Stewart a run for his money; and, that’s saying a lot since neither one of them is funny.

Little Nell on June 8, 2012 at 6:16 PM

Yea, and you cling to your Big Mac and fries.

Hummer53 on June 8, 2012 at 6:18 PM

I think he is actually looking into the mirror…

ladyingray on June 8, 2012 at 6:16 PM

Probably…

Congratulations PBHO!

MJBrutus on May 2, 2011 at 7:14 AM

kingsjester on June 8, 2012 at 6:21 PM

You’re sensing a disconnect? With Schultz? Are you kidding me? Are you telling me there was ever a time when you felt a connection? Eeesh.

sage0925 on June 8, 2012 at 6:23 PM