Video: Perry booed at Texas GOP convention for mentioning Dewhurst?

posted at 8:45 pm on June 7, 2012 by Allahpundit

A snapshot of sentiment among the base as the Dewhurst/Cruz primary run-off approaches. Perry wasn’t booed throughout, of course; he received “roars of approval and applause” during most of his speech. This was the only discordant moment, apparently, and man, is it discordant. Look at it this way, though: Only a pol who’s totally secure in his standing with conservatives would be willing to defy tea partiers by endorsing Dewhurst and then touting him in circumstances like these. No one gets to be governor for 12 years by accident.

Two vids for you, the first of the booing and the second of Perry cheekily offering an alternate interpretation. Exit question: Are they saying “boo” or “Dew”? Or “Cruz”? Or “Boo-urns”?

Comments

Perry who?

solidaction on June 7, 2012 at 8:48 PM

I really like Rick Perry…

OmahaConservative on June 7, 2012 at 8:48 PM

No one gets to be governor for 12 years by accident.

This Texan slaps his knee.

It is simple. Texas doesn’t look. We go about our business and only look up if the dogs bark.

Limerick on June 7, 2012 at 8:48 PM

Why couldn’t he have been cool like that about 6 months ago?

cynccook on June 7, 2012 at 8:49 PM

Why couldn’t he have been cool like that about 6 months ago?

cynccook on June 7, 2012 at 8:49 PM

Triangulation. It trips up the most humble of politicos.

Limerick on June 7, 2012 at 8:51 PM

Triangulation. It trips up the most humble of politicos.

Limerick on June 7, 2012 at 8:51 PM

Triangulation? I’ve always thought it had something to do with the pain meds he was on for that back surgery!

cynccook on June 7, 2012 at 8:55 PM

Oops 2.0.

Never had a chance.

profitsbeard on June 7, 2012 at 8:57 PM

O/T Rand Paul has an important announcement per Hannity tonight.

bluefox on June 7, 2012 at 8:57 PM

No, that’s definitely booing.

And from what I know about Cruz and Dewhurst, I don’t see a dime’s worth of difference between the two of them. Yes, one has been dubbed the “establishment” candidate and one has been dubbed the “Tea Party” candidate, but I would like for someone to actually provide a list of substantive differences regarding why I should prefer Cruz to Dewhurst.

Strictly on the basis of their websites, I’d prefer Dewhurst:

http://www.daviddewhurst.com/issues (see the “Proven Conservative” page)

Cruz doesn’t seem to have an issues page, so he tells me what he hates about Dewhurst, but little to nothing about what he, himself (except in contradistinction to Dewhurst while lampooning him), is for:

Stoic Patriot on June 7, 2012 at 9:00 PM

O/T Rand Paul has an important announcement per Hannity tonight.

bluefox on June 7, 2012 at 8:57 PM

Romney endorsement?

Mark1971 on June 7, 2012 at 9:00 PM

2016!!! /s

MeatHeadinCA on June 7, 2012 at 9:01 PM

O/T Rand Paul has an important announcement per Hannity tonight.

bluefox on June 7, 2012 at 8:57 PM

Thanks!

idesign on June 7, 2012 at 9:01 PM

Was a great address by the Governor this morning. He was greeted with standing ovations and plenty of hollers. Very moving speech. A good man. A humble servant. America’s loss remains Texas’ gain.

Some Cruz supporters, sadly, have adopted the manners of Ron Paul fans.

publiuspen on June 7, 2012 at 9:05 PM

I heard this on the local talk radio show coming home. They also interviewed Cruz who was at the convention and asked him about the debate in Spanish that Dewhurst wanted to have (Dewhurst speaks fluent Spanish). Cruz said no way was he going to do a debate in Spanish since we live in America. He said Dewhurst skipped 35 debates and now wants to do one in a language that Americans don’t understand.

I was going to vote for Cruz anyway in the run off, but that answer on the Spanish debate completely cemented my support.

TxAnn56 on June 7, 2012 at 9:05 PM

Oh, it was definitely “BOOOO”. Cruz is the favorite there, easily. Rick Perry diminished himself by endorsing Dewhurst. He should have stayed out of it and not endorsed at all, so some of the booos are for Perry picking one Republican over another during a primary. Not. Smart.

parteagirl on June 7, 2012 at 9:06 PM

bluefox on June 7, 2012 at 8:57 PM

Romney endorsement?

Mark1971 on June 7, 2012 at 9:00 PM

I don’t know, Hannity didn’t even give a hint:-) McCain is on now about the Top Secret Leaks.

bluefox on June 7, 2012 at 9:06 PM

If Perry isn’t making somebody mad about something while doing an over all good job, he wouldn’t be Rick Perry.

Now, ain’t that right Hot Gas?

cozmo on June 7, 2012 at 9:06 PM

I like Perry. Too bad he screwed up during his campaign.

jaime on June 7, 2012 at 9:07 PM

…so some of the booos are for Perry picking one Republican over another during a primary. Not. Smart.

What? In what primary land are sides not picked?

Hostile Gospel on June 7, 2012 at 9:09 PM

Hannity just said Rand Paul has a “major” announcement. Hmmm

He’s running? LOL

bluefox on June 7, 2012 at 9:09 PM

Go Rick Perry!!..:)

Dire Straits on June 7, 2012 at 9:12 PM

Some Cruz supporters, sadly, have adopted the manners of Ron Paul fans.

Exactly. You’re not the first who has said this today. I was actually a Cruz supporter in the beginning, but it started to wane when all of the attacks began. It hit rock bottom when they started attacking Perry over this nonsense. IT’S A DANG ENDORSEMENT, PEOPLE!!!! I wasn’t happy when he endorsed Newt, then Romney. Shrug your shoulders and move on!!!!!

Conservative Independent on June 7, 2012 at 9:13 PM

I’ll vote for Cruz again but Dewhurst is not a bad candidate let alone a RINO.

It’s Texas politics and this is a nothingburger.

CorporatePiggy on June 7, 2012 at 9:14 PM

Rand Paul needs to be on the Romney ticket.

ModerateMan on June 7, 2012 at 9:14 PM

Stoic Patriot on June 7, 2012 at 9:00 PM

It’s on all his pages on his site… And it’s very simple…

*Pass a Balance Budget Amendment
*Repeal Obamacare
*Reduce the Size and Spending of Government
*Defend the constitution

And here is more…

Dewhy can’t claim to be for most of those things after election day…

Any ?’s…

Y314K on June 7, 2012 at 9:15 PM

cozmo on June 7, 2012 at 9:06 PM

I was PO’d when he shot that coyote and just left it there.

He could have reached across the aisle and given it to Bark for some Coyote Chow Mein.

CorporatePiggy on June 7, 2012 at 9:16 PM

Rand Paul and Romney met for 30 minutes? An interview?

ModerateMan on June 7, 2012 at 9:16 PM

CorporatePiggy on June 7, 2012 at 9:14 PM

You did that on purpose didn’t you.

cozmo on June 7, 2012 at 9:16 PM

Stoic Patriot on June 7, 2012 at 9:00 PM

There are other ads, just do a Search. That’s what I did.

bluefox on June 7, 2012 at 9:17 PM

Dude’s a cool guy. I like him. Too bad :(

bluealice on June 7, 2012 at 9:17 PM

CorporatePiggy on June 7, 2012 at 9:16 PM

What was he supposed to do?

You leave game you ain’t gonna’ eat to the environment.

Be happy he had lead free bullets.

Its for the environment you know.

cozmo on June 7, 2012 at 9:18 PM

Go Rick Perry!!..:)

Dire Straits on June 7, 2012 at 9:12 PM

Hang in there Rick!!

bluefox on June 7, 2012 at 9:19 PM

Hang in there Rick!!

bluefox on June 7, 2012 at 9:19 PM

lolz..I hear you!!..:)

Dire Straits on June 7, 2012 at 9:20 PM

Rick Perry……just one of those career politicians that we love to keep re-electing.

Bush, McCain, Hatch, Dewhurst, the Doles, the Kennedys, the Clintons, the Caseys of Pennsylvania, the Daleys of Chicago, and on and on and on….

Smooches to the Ruling class from the peons out here.

PappyD61 on June 7, 2012 at 9:20 PM

Romney endorsement?

Mark1971 on June 7, 2012 at 9:00 PM

Are you an insider? LOL

bluefox on June 7, 2012 at 9:20 PM

Gold star for the Simpsons reference – when it was still funny and relevant.

tyketto on June 7, 2012 at 9:21 PM

Did Rand Paul just endorse Romney??!!??..I saw a rumor..Can anyone confirm??..:)

Dire Straits on June 7, 2012 at 9:22 PM

Now, ain’t that right Hot Gas?

cozmo on June 7, 2012 at 9:06 PM

It’s all those Yankees:-)

bluefox on June 7, 2012 at 9:22 PM

Dire Straits on June 7, 2012 at 9:22 PM

Yes he did and quite strongly. He’s going to campaign for him.

bluefox on June 7, 2012 at 9:23 PM

You did that on purpose didn’t you.

cozmo on June 7, 2012 at 9:16 PM

CorporatePiggy on June 7, 2012 at 9:23 PM

Yes he did and quite strongly. He’s going to campaign for him.

bluefox on June 7, 2012 at 9:23 PM

Oh my!!..:)

Dire Straits on June 7, 2012 at 9:24 PM

You did that on purpose didn’t you.

cozmo on June 7, 2012 at 9:16 PM

No, I just looked at the sky and said it looks like rain tonight.

CorporatePiggy on June 7, 2012 at 9:24 PM

Dire Straits on June 7, 2012 at 9:22 PM

Yes, on Hannity. Volunteering to campaign for him.

slickwillie2001 on June 7, 2012 at 9:24 PM

A little OT, but have you noticed that our side has the best looking candidates. Perry, Romney, Michelle, Sarah. Compare to the Won and Hillary. No contest.

I know..shallow, but looking at ole Perry reminded me.

bluealice on June 7, 2012 at 9:24 PM

slickwillie2001 on June 7, 2012 at 9:24 PM

Has anyone checked on the Ronulans??!!..:)

Dire Straits on June 7, 2012 at 9:25 PM

What are you talking about? All the vicious attack ads I saw were against Cruz, trying to make him look like a stooge for the ChiComs or something (riiight…) Admittedly, I don’t watch TV all that much, but whenever I saw an ad about the primary, it was bashing Cruz, presumably paid for by Dewhurst supporters. Dewhurst hardly has clean hands when it comes to nasty ads.

AndStatistics on June 7, 2012 at 9:26 PM

I know..shallow, but looking at ole Perry reminded me.

bluealice on June 7, 2012 at 9:24 PM

The Dem’s don’t even have any good looking mistresses….

Y314K on June 7, 2012 at 9:26 PM

I’ll vote for Cruz again but Dewhurst is not a bad candidate let alone a RINO.

It’s Texas politics and this is a nothingburger.

CorporatePiggy on June 7, 2012 at 9:14 PM

Agree all around. I prefer Cruz but either one is a step up from Kay Baily Hutch.

iurockhead on June 7, 2012 at 9:26 PM

TxAnn56 on June 7, 2012 at 9:05 PM

Thanks for that info. I had read that Dewhurst didn’t want to debate or wasn’t available to the voters. That’s outrageous that he wants to debate in Spanish. Kudos to Cruz for refusing!! And his reason too.

bluefox on June 7, 2012 at 9:26 PM

Perry keeps getting re-elected because he does a good job. I live in IL with Pat Quinn as my Governor. I’d trade spots with any Texan for a chance to vote for and live with Perry as my Governor. Unlike other politicians, Perry is a man of his word and you can tell he truly loves his state, America, and the Constitution.

Conservative Independent on June 7, 2012 at 9:27 PM

I know..shallow, but looking at ole Perry reminded me.

bluealice on June 7, 2012 at 9:24 PM

Don’t forget about Noem, Haley, Blackburn, and Kleefisch. I’m sure I’m missing so many more.

If you haven’t figured it out, I’m a dude. :P

GOPRanknFile on June 7, 2012 at 9:28 PM

Has anyone checked on the Ronulans??!!..:)

Dire Straits on June 7, 2012 at 9:25 PM

I have a feeling they will be here soon:-) I’m sure Rand cleared this or at least gave his Dad a heads up.

bluefox on June 7, 2012 at 9:30 PM

Stoic Patriot, you have NO CLUE. Been dealing with Texas Politics for 30 years and I can tell you, there are HUGE differences between Dewhurst and Cruz. Dewhurst will team up with McConnell; Cruz will team up with DeMint, who endorsed him. Enough said.

michaelo on June 7, 2012 at 9:32 PM

AndStatistics on June 7, 2012 at 9:26 PM

Not only that… Most of the ads where complete BS… Read the facts folks… Dewhy blames Cruz for what others do where he works… And claims Cruz killed jobs here… When the lawsuit was between Chinnese company’s in China with Chinesse workers… Not American… Cruz does Appeal’s… Not actual lawsuits… With all that BS… Dewhy was still not able to put Cruz away… But there will always be a few suckers I guess…

Y314K on June 7, 2012 at 9:33 PM

michaelo on June 7, 2012 at 9:32 PM

I agree with you. Dewhurst is a creature of the establishment. Cruz is beholden to no such thing. One thing I don’t agree with is some people comparing Dewhurst to Crist. The two are not even close. With that sad, I’m heavily rootin’ for Cruz. We need more people like him in office.

GOPRanknFile on June 7, 2012 at 9:34 PM

I’m sure Rand cleared this or at least gave his Dad a heads up.

bluefox on June 7, 2012 at 9:30 PM

I hope so..:)

Dire Straits on June 7, 2012 at 9:34 PM

michaelo on June 7, 2012 at 9:32 PM

Yes. Clearly he is the Lisa Murkowski of Texas.

CorporatePiggy on June 7, 2012 at 9:35 PM

Perry keeps getting re-elected because he does a good job.

Conservative Independent on June 7, 2012 at 9:27 PM

Rick Perry keeps getting re-elected because of his competition.

Not counting the presidential run, in his entire career, he had one decent opponent in the general (Sharp) and one decent opponent in the primary (Medina).

cozmo on June 7, 2012 at 9:37 PM

TxAnn56 on June 7, 2012 at 9:05 PM

Dewhurst will win…He’s a native (Cruz is a native Canadian) & that will win the race in a pinch.

workingclass artist on June 7, 2012 at 9:39 PM

cozmo on June 7, 2012 at 9:37 PM

Medina imploded live on Teevee…

workingclass artist on June 7, 2012 at 9:40 PM

I didn’t care for Palin’s “endorsement” of Newt, and I don’t care for Perry’s choice. But neither endorsement changes my opinion of either Perry or Palin.

Husband and I are doing a slow drive vacation through several small towns. Today we saw the first Dewhurst sign in a yard. We have seen Cruz signs everywhere. I hope this is a good omen.

jazzuscounty on June 7, 2012 at 9:40 PM

workingclass artist on June 7, 2012 at 9:40 PM

That was overblown, analysis after the fact showed that. She wouldn’t have won anyway, just made it closer.

The 2006 campaign was comedy gold though.

cozmo on June 7, 2012 at 9:44 PM

Neither of them do. Yes, Dewhurst attacked, but he’s also highlighted his record on things he DID, not things he’s going to do. From the Cruz side, all I heard was “I’m going to this…I’m going to that” and “Oh, what a nasty moderate Dewhurst is and basically propped himself up on things that Perry, Dewhurst and Abbott did in Texas. He just defended it in court. Not saying that he is not a conservative but he needs more than just talk.

But the biggest thing that changed my mind about Cruz was during their debate, he tried to pretend like he never endorsed Perry for President. It’s okay to change your mind, but don’t act all shady when someone asks you about it. That’s low and told me all I needed to know about him. If he would have just said, “I did, but I changed my mind because(fill in the blank)” I would still have a favorable opinion of him.

Conservative Independent on June 7, 2012 at 9:47 PM

I am thinking when Romney is elected he should appoint Perry to run the EPA. I have the feeling things would change at the EPA.

DVPTexFla on June 7, 2012 at 9:48 PM

Some background on Ted Cruz:

As an undergraduate at Princeton, where he graduated cum laude, Cruz excelled as a debater, winning several national speaking awards. At Harvard Law School, he was editor of the Law Review and Journal of Law & Public Policy and a founding editor of the Latino Law Review. He graduated magna cum laude in 1995 and began his clerkship, first under Judge J. Michael Luttig of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit, and then, in 1996, under Supreme Court Chief Justice William H. Rehnquist.

State Solicitor General under Texas Attorney General Greg Abbott, where he served until 2008. He was the first Hispanic to ever hold that job, and at the time he was appointed, the youngest person in the country in that position.

The Office of Solicitor General serves an appellate function, arguing cases before both the U.S. and state supreme courts, as well as the Appeals Court of the Fifth Circuit and intermediate appellate courts. Appealing cases before the highest courts in the land on behalf of a large state generally distrustful of federal overreach naturally put Cruz at the front of some controversial issues. His part in the successful defense keeping the “Ten Commandments Monument” on state Capitol grounds is among the most famous of these cases. Cruz led the team that wrote the brief, but he wasn’t part of oral arguments. Cruz personally argued nine cases before the U.S. Supreme Court, filing more than 80 briefs as solicitor general.

Also during this time — between 2004 and 2009 — Cruz taught Supreme Court litigation at the University of Texas Law School in Austin as an adjunct professor. In 2008, Cruz returned to the private sector, working as a top litigator for the international law firm of Morgan Lewis,where he still works.

bluefox on June 7, 2012 at 9:49 PM

workingclass artist on June 7, 2012 at 9:39 PM

Ted Cruz’s parents and the reason that he was born in Canada instead of Texas:

Rafael Edward Cruz, commonly known as Ted Cruz, is one of the frontrunners in the GOP primary field vying for the U.S. Senate seat being vacated by Kay Bailey Hutchison. Cruz was born in Calgary, in the province of Alberta, Canada, on Dec. 22, 1970 to a Cuban immigrant father and an Irish-American mother. His father fled Cuba in 1957, after fighting on the same side as Fidel Castro against U.S.-friendly dictator Fulgencio Batista, eventually coming to Austin to attend the University of Texas. His mother, a graduate of Rice University, was the second-youngest of 19 children and the first in her family to go to college.

Cruz was raised in Houston — his parents left there to work in Canada during the 1960s oil boom.

bluefox on June 7, 2012 at 9:52 PM

DVPTexFla on June 7, 2012 at 9:48 PM

If Romney wins, Perry needs to stay in Texas and Romney needs to close the EPA. No constitutional grounds for it even existing.

Conservative Independent on June 7, 2012 at 9:55 PM

michaelo on June 7, 2012 at 9:32 PM

GOPRanknFile on June 7, 2012 at 9:34 PM

I’m going to third that sentiment. While Dewhusrt is better than KBH, he’d be on Team McConnell. No thanks. I’ll take Team DeMint for the win any day.

TxAnn56 on June 7, 2012 at 10:01 PM

See you later Perry, that was your riding into the sunset moment. You …are…Toast. That was clearly BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

cajun carrot on June 7, 2012 at 10:04 PM

Exit question: Are they saying “boo” or “Dew”? Or “Cruz”? Or “Boo-urns”?

No they are saying “boo-boo, boo-boo”, like Dewhurst equals it.

arnold ziffel on June 7, 2012 at 10:06 PM

jazzuscounty on June 7, 2012 at 9:40 PM

I recall that Palin never endorsed Newt Gingrich. I recall her
discussing him and others frequently. She admired the work he
did in the 90′s, forcing Clinton to toe the line.

She wanted Newt to stay in the primary so the candidates records
and vision for America could be discussed, their records vetted.

Todd Palin endorsed Newt, not Sarah.

Amjean on June 7, 2012 at 10:11 PM

cajun carrot on June 7, 2012 at 10:04 PM

You clearly maxed out your mental capacity in picking the carrot part of your moniker.

cozmo on June 7, 2012 at 10:14 PM

cozmo on June 7, 2012 at 10:14 PM

Since I am so limited in my capabilities good sir, would you care to enlighten?

cajun carrot on June 7, 2012 at 10:16 PM

cajun carrot on June 7, 2012 at 10:16 PM

Your over the top, ill informed pronouncement.

He’s toast huh? Off into the sunset uh-huh?

Yeah, genius on your part.

cozmo on June 7, 2012 at 10:19 PM

Amjean on June 7, 2012 at 10:11 PM

Yes, I agree/know. That is why I put the word in quotes.

jazzuscounty on June 7, 2012 at 10:25 PM

After all this time, Gov. Perry is still the one:-)

It will take much more than a little “boo” to take him down.

He was my pick after Sarah decided not to run. I’d still prefer him to Romney.

bluefox on June 7, 2012 at 10:26 PM

By the way….

One of the few things Romney can do to get my vote in Nov. is to nominate Perry as VP… Is not like Perry will ever say anything worst then Biden….

Y314K on June 7, 2012 at 10:28 PM

jazzuscounty on June 7, 2012 at 9:40 PM

Exactly. Some people get too bent out of shape over endorsements and for what? Perry chose his friend and Lt. Gov. So what. I wanted him to keep silent in this race and in the Presidental race. He didn’t. I disagreed with his decision, said “Oh, well” and moved on. My opinion of him hasn’t changed. I still think he has the best record in America and he is truly someone I can look up to.

Conservative Independent on June 7, 2012 at 10:29 PM

It was the mention of Dewhurst that was booed, not Perry.

parteagirl on June 7, 2012 at 10:29 PM

cajun carrot on June 7, 2012 at 10:16 PM

Texans don’t take kindly about remarks about their Gov, cajun carrot:-)

bluefox on June 7, 2012 at 10:30 PM

bluefox on June 7, 2012 at 9:52 PM

Calgary is the Dallas of Canada.

slickwillie2001 on June 7, 2012 at 10:35 PM

I really like Rick Perry…

OmahaConservative on June 7, 2012 at 8:48 PM

To know him is to know a real man, and a mensch.

Schadenfreude on June 7, 2012 at 10:45 PM

…I was excited about Rick Perry when it looked like Palin was only going to tease. You are not governor for that long in a state like Texas if you’re not doing something right. I wished…and it didn’t happen. He kept stepping in it!
He is a good man according to my brother who has been in Texas for 30 years and has met him several times

KOOLAID2 on June 7, 2012 at 10:47 PM

bluefox on June 7, 2012 at 9:52 PM

Calgary is the Dallas of Canada.

slickwillie2001 on June 7, 2012 at 10:35 PM

Didn’t know that. Some more of the article says this:

He was drawn to computers (his mother, a math major, worked as a computer programmer for Shell Oil Co.) and conservative economic theories. By the time he graduated from high school, he was also a practiced public speaker.

I think he is an exceptional person and is very qualified for the Senate. Actually with his background perhaps more than the Senate in the future.

bluefox on June 8, 2012 at 12:24 AM

Calgary is the Dallas of Canada.

slickwillie2001 on June 7, 2012 at 10:35 PM

I spent two summers in Calgary when I was a teen. I was told that Alberta was known as “Little Texas” because of the oil and cattle industries there.

kbTexan on June 8, 2012 at 12:24 AM

cajun carrot on June 7, 2012 at 10:04 PM

I am attending the convention. Those boos were for Dewhurst, not Perry. He got a few other boos when he said he was voting for Romney, but they were pretty well drowned out by applause.

All the excitement is with Cruz. There are very few Dewhurst people here. Cruz has a big display.

Odysseus on June 8, 2012 at 5:29 AM

Dewhurst is just another RINOplastic doll and Perry is anchored to him regardless if he likes it or not.

insidiator on June 8, 2012 at 8:11 AM

“Some Cruz supporters,sadly,have adopted the manners of Ron Paul fans”…….publiuspen @ 9:05

I agree. Why don’t they just shut up and follow the RINOs into the ditch like they’re supposed to. Next thing you know they’ll even start standing up for the best interests of the American people. Retards!

volsense on June 8, 2012 at 8:27 AM

insidiator on June 8, 2012 at 8:11 AM

Yes dear, bless your heart.

cozmo on June 8, 2012 at 8:35 AM

Wow. Texans know that Dewhurst is not a conservative – Perry has tried (lied) in vain to convince folks otherwise, but he has failed.

Ted Cruz is the best choice for Texas. Go, TED Go!

Pork-Chop on June 8, 2012 at 8:46 AM

I love Texas. Cruz vs Dewhurst. Either one will be a fine conservative and more conservative than KBH, who according to my lefty friends was a fire breathing, Voldemort loving, evil archConservative.

bitsy on June 8, 2012 at 9:26 AM

bitsy on June 8, 2012 at 9:26 AM

Exactly right, on all points.

Some off the rails tru-cons don’t agree however.

cozmo on June 8, 2012 at 9:39 AM

Conservative Independent on June 7, 2012 at 9:55 PM

If Romney closes the EPA I will take off my noseplugs that I put on in the voting booth.

Christian Conservative on June 8, 2012 at 1:18 PM

Christian Conservative on June 8, 2012 at 1:18 PM

Ha ha, good one CC.

kg598301 on June 8, 2012 at 10:18 PM

Perry has been governor for three reasons 1. Karl Rove convinced him to change partes (OK, even Rove makes mistakes from time to time) 2. By some freak accident he was Lt. Governor when George Bush was elected President 3. The Democrats chose to run the weakest bunch of candidates in Texas History for governor against him each of the times he ran for governor after being elevated to the office.

Dewhurst has run one of the dirtiest campaigns against Cruz in history, and understnad that Texas politics is a contact sport. Dewhurst is the establishment candidate, and the endorsement by Perry is evidence of that. Also, the endorsement of Dewhurst by Huckabee demonstrates the power of the establishments money and how that they have now coopted Huckabee. Too bad.

georgeofthedesert on June 9, 2012 at 11:46 AM