Quotes of the day

posted at 10:51 pm on June 7, 2012 by Allahpundit

With five months until Election Day, Barack Obama faces a grim new reality: Republicans now believe Mitt Romney can win, and Democrats believe Obama can lose … Last week’s anemic job-creation and economic-growth data was sandwiched between two Bill Clinton specials: in one television interview, the 42nd President lauded Romney’s business record as “sterling”; in another, he veered from the Obama line on the extension of Bush-era tax cuts … The failure to unseat Wisconsin’s Republican governor Scott Walker in a recall election was another bad sign for Democrats since it will rev up conservatives nationwide, including the kind of millionaires who gave big bucks to Walker’s effort … Veteran Democratic strategists from previous presidential bids and on Capitol Hill now wonder if the Obama re-election crew is working with the right message … The White House remains on a rough political trajectory, with a potentially adverse Supreme Court decision on the Obama health care law looming, additional bad economic news from Europe coming and more worrisome polling pending

***

If Republican Mitt Romney is inaugurated as president in January, history may look to June as the month in which President Obama’s fate was sealed.

This may be the month, seen in retrospect, in which it became clear the economic winds that propelled Clinton to a second term won’t be at Obama’s back. Administration officials barely tried to spin last week’s dismal jobs report, an acknowledgment that there was nothing to brag about…

Back home, the Supreme Court is putting finishing touches on a decision on the constitutionality of Obama’s health care overhaul and its individual mandate. Obama has signaled that he will run against Washington at large, the Republican House of Representatives in particular, and maybe even the Court itself; if the Court strikes down the health care overhaul, Obama will have a new target but at the cost of his signature domestic achievement…

Walker’s win added to the perception that Romney has momentum. Senior Republicans were once quietly resigned to the likelihood of another four years under Obama; that mood has changed.

***

President Obama’s problem now isn’t what Wisconsin did, it’s how he looks each day—careening around, always in flight, a superfluous figure. No one even looks to him for leadership now. He doesn’t go to Wisconsin, where the fight is. He goes to Sarah Jessica Parker’s place, where the money is.

There is, now, a house-of-cards feel about this administration

Any president will, in a presidential election year, be political. But there is a startling sense with Mr. Obama that that’s all he is now, that he and his people are all politics, all the time, undeviatingly, on every issue. He isn’t even trying to lead, he’s just trying to win.

***

Democrats are having a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad June. But if it’s time to start panicking, most of them haven’t gotten the memo.

Despite a spate of negative news, Democrats nationwide, both publicly and privately, seem remarkably Zen about their party’s prospects in November and unwilling to take out any frustration on their man in the Oval Office just yet. “Is there any anxiety on our side? Yes,” said Jerry Crawford, a longtime Democratic activist in Iowa. “Should the other side be feeling at least as much anxiety? Yes. There’s plenty of concern everywhere for both sides.”…

Democrats are less worried about Obama’s performance than they are about factors out of their control, such as how Republicans will handle crucial upcoming debates on jobs, spending, taxes, and the debt ceiling; the prospect of a global economic slowdown, which they know Obama cannot control and which could easily derail his hopes for a second term; and whether their party can stay competitive with Romney on fundraising front…

Democrats acknowledge that Obama has a nuanced sell to make to voters discouraged by how long economic misery has persisted. “It’s hard to get people to remember how bad things could’ve gotten—that’s a tough message to send,” said John Wertheim, a former Democratic Party official in New Mexico.

***

Swing voters had much more negative opinions of President Obama’s job performance than other voters. In fact, their opinions were almost as negative as those of Romney supporters. Only 11% of swing voters approved of Obama’s job performance compared with 6% of Romney voters. In contrast, 92% of Obama voters approved of the president’s job performance…

These findings suggest two different conclusions about the likely results of efforts by the Obama and Romney campaigns to persuade swing voters to support their candidate. From the standpoint of the Obama campaign, efforts at persuading swing voters are likely to be unproductive and could even backfire. These voters have a decidedly negative view of the president and are very unlikely to vote for him. The best the Obama campaign can hope for is that most of these swing voters will not bother to turn out in November.

In contrast, the Romney campaign would appear to have a good chance of winning most of these swing voters over to their side by November based on their negative opinions about President Obama’s job performance. Such opinions are typically a very strong predictor of presidential voting decisions, especially when an incumbent president is running for reelection. The greater challenge for the Romney campaign may be getting these discontented swing voters to turn out given their very low enthusiasm about voting. This suggests that a strategy combining persuasion and mobilization may be needed.

***

The first look at the 2012 FiveThirtyEight presidential forecast has Barack Obama as a very slight favorite to win re-election. But his advantage equates to only a two-point lead in the national popular vote, and the edge could easily swing to Mitt Romney on the basis of further bad economic news.

Mr. Obama remains slightly ahead of Mr. Romney in most national polls, and he has had a somewhat clearer advantage in polling conducted at the state level. Mr. Obama would be about 80 percent likely to win an election held today, according to the model.

However, the outlook for the Nov. 6 election is much less certain, with Mr. Obama having winning odds of just over 60 percent. The forecast currently calls for Mr. Obama to win roughly 290 electoral votes, but outcomes ranging everywhere from about 160 to 390 electoral votes are plausible, given the long lead time until the election and the amount of news that could occur between now and then.

***

So let’s do some similar scenario planning for 2012, when another tight election is expected. It is also expected to be decided by less than 3 percentage points, just like 2004. And today, nearly every public opinion poll shows the race within the margin of error between President Obama and Republican challenger Mitt Romney.

In a very tight race this November, Obama could lose the popular vote, and win the electoral college. Let me say that slightly differently: Romney could win the popular vote by more than 1 million votes and lose the electoral college to Obama by a margin of 272 to 266. What a difference in talking points that would mean for the two parties compared with the 2000 presidential election controversy.

Let me show how you I arrived at this scenario. Obama won the popular vote by a national percentage of just over 7 points in 2008. If we subtract 8 points from the margin in every state, Romney would have a little less than a 1-point victory nationally (which gives you the 1 million vote margin for him in the popular vote).

***

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

I hope things are good for you!!..:)

Dire Straits on June 8, 2012 at 1:23 AM

Just peachy. :)

4Grace on June 8, 2012 at 1:29 AM

If you want the same lies, misinterpretations, lack of understanding of history, etc., just turn on MSNBC.

RedCrow on June 8, 2012 at 1:29 AM

Pass, besides no tv RedCrow.

Bmore on June 8, 2012 at 1:31 AM

Am I being too mean?

Logus on June 8, 2012 at 1:11 AM

No. As others have quipped, they’d definitely be trying to find a spot on Mt. Rushmore if they could.

Worst POTUS Ever.

RedCrow on June 8, 2012 at 1:31 AM

Get out! I figured she would totally go for it. Maybe ALT, or Flora, or Montana. It needs to go national! lol

4Grace on June 8, 2012 at 1:17 AM

I’m late as always, what am I possibly going for?

MontanaMmmm on June 8, 2012 at 1:32 AM

Pass, besides no tv RedCrow.

Bmore on June 8, 2012 at 1:31 AM

Is this because:
a) You’re on a mission in the jungles of Central America?
b) An Obama speech came on, your remote was dead, and you hurled it through the set?
c) You’ve given it up for some mid-year ritual related to Festivus?
d) You’re smarter than most people?

RedCrow on June 8, 2012 at 1:34 AM

On the body/face thing, you make a good point. (It could have something to do with money?)

RedCrow on June 8, 2012 at 1:27 AM

Money is definitely a factor in some marriages. But I have so many friends (all middle class) that are in that image.

I like to drool over a handsome guy as much as the next woman, but if a guy doesn’t have a great sense of humor, or takes himself too seriously, or treats others rudely, or cannot carry on an intelligent conversation, fuggedaboutit.

4Grace on June 8, 2012 at 1:35 AM

We need to loosen up the conserve stereotype. Wild women for Mitt..LOL..okay..tired and delirious.

bazil9 on June 8, 2012 at 1:22 AM

“Girls Gone Mitt”?!?!

RedCrow on June 8, 2012 at 1:35 AM

4grace,

I have zero sympathy as well.

I saw some people feel bad about the Walker win. Heh..been to through much. I dont give a rat and/or elephant a$$ anymore. Live by the sword or die by it. Takes stones to go against the tide..this aint high school. But they had to be coooollllll…ya know. Especially the racial element. Time to pay the piper.
Do something for the wrong reason..usually you get a bad outcome.
I am dealing as are others with the “cool” vote. They can go eff themselves. Half the country is stupid.

bazil9 on June 8, 2012 at 1:36 AM

listens2glenn If you come back this way and happen to see this. Here at the 4:59 mark.

Bmore on June 8, 2012 at 1:37 AM

I’m late as always, what am I possibly going for?

MontanaMmmm on June 8, 2012 at 1:32 AM

Just the gal I want to see. OK, bazil was unfamiliar with cheesehead hats, which led to cheeseboobs (courtesy of Bmore’s funny story), which led to bazil & I deciding we should show up in cheeseheads and cheeseboobs on voting day.

So, are you in? lol

4Grace on June 8, 2012 at 1:39 AM

RedCrow on June 8, 2012 at 1:34 AM

None of the above. Just have other things that interest me more. HA is my tv now. ; )

Bmore on June 8, 2012 at 1:39 AM

“Girls Gone Mitt”?!?!

RedCrow on June 8, 2012 at 1:35 AM

LOL- I just might do it to piss of the M Church. lmao

I will hand out free shooters on the beach this summer and say-show me your B Mitts!

evil grin- as alt says. :D

bazil9 on June 8, 2012 at 1:39 AM

Dang that split wink. ; )

Bmore on June 8, 2012 at 1:40 AM

4Grace on June 8, 2012 at 1:35 AM

(Yeah. I think you got what I was saying: That the beautiful woman might be with the plain guy because he was loaded.)

Same for me–except reverse all the genders!! (NTTAWWI)

An old saying is that you can tell a lot about a man by the way he treats his mother. You can tell a lot about a woman by the way she treats the waiter/waitress. Lol.

RedCrow on June 8, 2012 at 1:40 AM

Sorry B- cant marry u now. I require TV.
Or a DVR at the least. :)

bazil9 on June 8, 2012 at 1:41 AM

bazil9 on June 8, 2012 at 1:39 AM

Lol.

Not sure why this got in my head, but…Hey–it’s free-form commenting!

RedCrow on June 8, 2012 at 1:44 AM

bazil9 on June 8, 2012 at 1:41 AM

Well. ; ) oxox

Bmore on June 8, 2012 at 1:45 AM

RedCrow on June 8, 2012 at 1:40 AM

Hmmmmm….I find that true..as an ex waitress/bartender..in college days.

None answered me..

If Trump had $2 to his name..you think he would have had the wives he had? Come on… Not even Elana Lobster Kagen would date him. lol

bazil9 on June 8, 2012 at 1:45 AM

bazil9 on June 8, 2012 at 1:36 AM

My nomination for COTD.

RedCrow on June 8, 2012 at 1:45 AM

Now..u must complete my survey on S Jess Parker.

bazil9 on June 8, 2012 at 12:33 AM

She definitely ain’t my friend Flicka.

arnold ziffel on June 8, 2012 at 1:46 AM

bazil9 on June 8, 2012 at 1:45 AM

Great example of what I was saying to Grace.
(If only I had found me a sugah mamma back when I was in shape!)
Hey…you girls got any money?

RedCrow on June 8, 2012 at 1:48 AM

RedCrow on June 8, 2012 at 1:40 AM

I apply that to both genders–the waitress thing. Male or female, if they are rude to someone serving them, I’m disgusted.

4Grace on June 8, 2012 at 1:48 AM

Bmore on June 8, 2012 at 1:45 AM

Mrs Bmore is tolerant! I would have my own private cable. lol
You not allowed, ;)

bazil9 on June 8, 2012 at 1:48 AM

So, are you in? lol

4Grace on June 8, 2012 at 1:39 AM

I’m thinking….
I did carry a big slurpee into the 2010 midterms to vote, so maybe I’m your gal.

funny aside, my family found an old photo that had my maiden name
on a sign for a Cheese factory.
The_____________ Cheese factory.

But I’ve never been to Wisconsin.

MontanaMmmm on June 8, 2012 at 1:49 AM

She definitely ain’t my friend Flicka.

arnold ziffel on June 8, 2012 at 1:46 AM

But she was really good in that HBO series “Trough in the City”.

RedCrow on June 8, 2012 at 1:49 AM

Dang that split wink. ; )

Bmore on June 8, 2012 at 1:40 AM

Don’t know what’s up with my display, but I rarely see the split wink on my screen. Strange.

4Grace on June 8, 2012 at 1:49 AM

Now..u must complete my survey on S Jess Parker.

bazil9 on June 8, 2012 at 12:33 AM

SJP probably had something going when she was younger. I don’t know if it was just age or if she had any work done on her face, but she certainly looks a bit longer in the face than she did twenty years ago.

I’ve long thought Jennifer Aniston is pretty.

But me, I found the whole package. Brains, beauty, wit and money… I’m a kept man baby!

lol

Logus on June 8, 2012 at 1:51 AM

Not sure why this got in my head, but…Hey–it’s free-form commenting!

RedCrow on June 8, 2012 at 1:44 AM

Yeah. I’m needing some tunes.

4Grace on June 8, 2012 at 1:51 AM

Mrs Bmore is tolerant! I would have my own private cable. lol
You not allowed, ;)

bazil9 on June 8, 2012 at 1:48 AM

Mrs B would just tell you to keep the volume down. She is only fairly tolerant. ; )

Bmore on June 8, 2012 at 1:53 AM

RedCrow on June 8, 2012 at 1:44 AM

Bowie, it is. Whatever makes ya happy. This is qotd. You dont need a reason.

LOL@trough in the City. Dude..they were getting it. Should I go single..might have to move there. Nope/like salt, soda, and an apt I can do a 180 in for less then 2000 bucks.

bazil9 on June 8, 2012 at 1:53 AM

None answered me..

bazil9 on June 8, 2012 at 1:45 AM

Can’t speak for others, but I wouldn’t date him rich OR poor.

4Grace on June 8, 2012 at 1:53 AM

4Grace on June 8, 2012 at 1:49 AM

The smiley face is a the bottom left corner!!..:)

Dire Straits on June 8, 2012 at 1:54 AM

Yeah. I’m needing some tunes.

4Grace on June 8, 2012 at 1:51 AM

Where did Dire run off to? And jaime, what happened to jaime?

Bmore on June 8, 2012 at 1:54 AM

Tunes?

Cuz I like.

I’m a nerd at heart.

Logus on June 8, 2012 at 1:56 AM

But she was really good in that HBO series “Trough in the City”.

RedCrow on June 8, 2012 at 1:49 AM

lol. There was a poster the other day talking about herself not being a “Vogue woman” and how vapid and inane she thought Sex in the City was. I told her you seem fine to me.

arnold ziffel on June 8, 2012 at 1:57 AM

Logus on June 8, 2012 at 1:51 AM

Aniston is half Greek like myself..so fond. But not my type.

I am picky.

A kept happy man. :) Good to hear. I love happy endings.
I cant watch the Note Book I cry. Sorry, I am a woman.

bazil9 on June 8, 2012 at 1:57 AM

Yeah. I’m needing some tunes.

4Grace on June 8, 2012 at 1:51 AM

Not sure if you’ll like this one. (I find this is one that’s helped if it’s CRANKED REAL LOUD!!)

RedCrow on June 8, 2012 at 1:57 AM

Mo’ Betta Cream

RedCrow on June 8, 2012 at 2:01 AM

Can’t speak for others, but I wouldn’t date him rich OR poor.

4Grace on June 8, 2012 at 1:53 AM

C’mon baby, you know you like that stylish comb over and over. Howz about the NY accent? That works for me.

arnold ziffel on June 8, 2012 at 2:01 AM

RedCrow on June 8, 2012 at 1:57 AM

Oh yeah. There’s no other option besides REAL LOUD for Cream.

4Grace on June 8, 2012 at 2:02 AM

4Grace on June 8, 2012 at 1:53 AM

Amen sister.

Ya got taste-knew I liked you. ;)

I find him just gross- in every way.
I’d rather live in a trailer and eat ramen noodles then date the man.

My kind of man...chunky and all.

And I am a Metal girl LOL.

bazil9 on June 8, 2012 at 2:02 AM

arnold ziffel on June 8, 2012 at 1:57 AM

At least she’s right on something. Now, could someone teach her how vapid and inane Odumbo is?

RedCrow on June 8, 2012 at 2:03 AM

Going Down

novaculus on June 8, 2012 at 2:03 AM

Can’t speak for others, but I wouldn’t date him rich OR poor.

4Grace on June 8, 2012 at 1:53 AM

arnold ziffel on June 8, 2012 at 2:01 AM

No, arnold…Grace really digs that 100yd. squint that he does.
Lol.

RedCrow on June 8, 2012 at 2:04 AM

Mo’ Betta Cream

RedCrow on June 8, 2012 at 2:01 AM

You know whats funny is I was just a teenager when that came out and it seems like just a few years ago. When we were young without the perspective of life, ten years in the past or future was difficult to understand. Now thirty or forty years past is nothing. :)

arnold ziffel on June 8, 2012 at 2:05 AM

Mo’ Betta Cream

RedCrow on June 8, 2012 at 2:01 AM

Excellent. Cream of the Crop.

4Grace on June 8, 2012 at 2:06 AM

RedCrow on June 8, 2012 at 2:04 AM

I’d like to hang out with him if he didn’t try no tricks.

arnold ziffel on June 8, 2012 at 2:06 AM

arnold ziffel on June 8, 2012 at 2:01 AM

Well, it is kinda sexy the way he pronounces “huge.” YUUUUGE

4Grace on June 8, 2012 at 2:08 AM

4Grace on June 8, 2012 at 1:49 AM

The smiley face is at the bottom left corner!!..:)

Dire Straits on June 8, 2012 at 1:54 AM

fixed!!..:)

Dire Straits on June 8, 2012 at 2:08 AM

arnold ziffel on June 8, 2012 at 2:05 AM

Thx, I am doing the 20ish.
Glad to know it gets better. /

I dont know half the stuff you guys play here..but cool.
The night I filled in as DJ, failed miserably. Next time..just stick to Zepplin..seems safe, lol

bazil9 on June 8, 2012 at 2:08 AM

arnold ziffel on June 8, 2012 at 2:05 AM

Heh. You were born at a good time–at least, for music. As a child of the seventies (No, my parents were not hippies, thankfully.) I grew up on stuff like this!!

Funny, compared to today’s music the one I posted is AWESOME!

(Good tunes a’flowin’, now.)

RedCrow on June 8, 2012 at 2:09 AM

Well, carry on people. I’ve got a hysterical three year old the wife is trying to comfort… which means I need to get off the net.

This is one of the few songs I want to have played when I die for my wake, party or whatever my survivors have.

Logus on June 8, 2012 at 2:09 AM

Since we have been spinning tunes by this band tonight I will spin this one!..:)

Dire Straits on June 8, 2012 at 2:09 AM

Going Down

novaculus on June 8, 2012 at 2:03 AM

Oh yeah?

Yes, I am going for the hammer. lol
What better way?

bazil9 on June 8, 2012 at 2:10 AM

Well, it is kinda sexy the way he pronounces “huge.” YUUUUGE

4Grace on June 8, 2012 at 2:08 AM

And he’s not ‘umble about it either.

Ugh.

Night all.

Logus on June 8, 2012 at 2:10 AM

My kind of man…chunky and all.

And I am a Metal girl LOL.

bazil9 on June 8, 2012 at 2:02 AM

You caught me off-guard there. I always picture you as a Metal girl. And Ska. :)

4Grace on June 8, 2012 at 2:12 AM

Bmore on June 8, 2012 at 1:53 AM

Sounds like a good woman to me.
Keeps ur ass in line. :)

bazil9 on June 8, 2012 at 2:12 AM

SUPERFLUOUS, nice word Allah. In fact this paragraph pretty well sums up his failed presidency.

karenhasfreedom on June 8, 2012 at 2:13 AM

4Grace on June 8, 2012 at 1:49 AM

The smiley face is at the bottom left corner!!..:)

Dire Straits on June 8, 2012 at 1:54 AM

fixed!!..:)

Dire Straits on June 8, 2012 at 2:08 AM

Not sleeping time music but the title suits, could we add this to the melting bunny list…

Not sure if this gem has been posted before, had to be with that title… sorry if redundant.

MontanaMmmm on June 8, 2012 at 2:13 AM

Excellent. Cream of the Crop.

4Grace on June 8, 2012 at 2:06 AM

Yep. Posted that one before, myself. Nice on the STP pick. Never a big fan of those guys but I always liked that one.

I’d like to hang out with him if he didn’t try no tricks.

arnold ziffel on June 8, 2012 at 2:06 AM

This might be my favorite arnold funny of all time. Oh, almost forgot–Keep an eye on The Donald! (He’s a shifty one. Let your guard down for one second–next thing ya know you’re penniless and living in the gutter.)

RedCrow on June 8, 2012 at 2:13 AM

Logus on June 8, 2012 at 2:10 AM

Bonus Nachos, Logus.

RedCrow on June 8, 2012 at 2:14 AM

4Grace on June 8, 2012 at 2:12 AM

haha..never judge a book by the blog cover. :)

I love that song.

I love music. You would be surprised..another fave of mine..yeah not a biggie but..

bazil9 on June 8, 2012 at 2:14 AM

novaculus on June 8, 2012 at 2:03 AM

Can’t go wrong with Beck.

4Grace on June 8, 2012 at 2:15 AM

Good Night Logus, Sleep Well.

Bmore on June 8, 2012 at 2:16 AM

Keeps ur ass in line. :)

bazil9 on June 8, 2012 at 2:12 AM

That she has, that she has. I dare say without her I would have been in prison years ago. /

Bmore on June 8, 2012 at 2:17 AM

Logus on June 8, 2012 at 2:09 AM

Nice song. Goodnight, Logus!

4Grace on June 8, 2012 at 2:18 AM

Dire Straits on June 8, 2012 at 2:09 AM

Very nice choice. :)

4Grace on June 8, 2012 at 2:19 AM

Night Logus.

Dont / me B. I will tell. lol
:) sounds like a good woman..forgoing cable even.

bazil9 on June 8, 2012 at 2:20 AM

RedCrow on June 8, 2012 at 2:13 AM

Or screwing your girl. ;)

bazil9 on June 8, 2012 at 2:22 AM

MontanaMmmm on June 8, 2012 at 2:13 AM

Good one..That is heavy metal!!..:)

Dire Straits on June 8, 2012 at 2:22 AM

MontanaMmmm on June 8, 2012 at 2:13 AM

Whoa, THAT woke me up. I still had the volume up from the other tunes played. About blew me out of my chair. lolz

4Grace on June 8, 2012 at 2:23 AM

For the WI protesters.

RedCrow on June 8, 2012 at 2:24 AM

bazil9 on June 8, 2012 at 2:14 AM

That is my fav of theirs..:)

Dire Straits on June 8, 2012 at 2:24 AM

4Grace on June 8, 2012 at 2:23 AM

lolz..Caught me off guard to!..:)

Dire Straits on June 8, 2012 at 2:25 AM

bazil9 on June 8, 2012 at 2:14 AM

NOW you’re talking! Great song.

4Grace on June 8, 2012 at 2:26 AM

Whoa..Montana just broke out- thats some death metal. lol

Lots of surprises tonight lmao

bazil9 on June 8, 2012 at 2:27 AM

Excellent. Cream of the Crop.

4Grace on June 8, 2012 at 2:06 AM

Very good. I need to get out my medical marijuana and reminisce. Oh, never mind I have to go to bed pretty quick or nurse ziffel will spank me.

arnold ziffel on June 8, 2012 at 2:28 AM

Good one..That is heavy metal!!..:)

Dire Straits on June 8, 2012 at 2:22 AM

4Grace on June 8, 2012 at 2:23 AM

Sorry, was crusin utube and came across the title, hate the Metal myself. This is more my style and I will say goodnight.

MontanaMmmm on June 8, 2012 at 2:29 AM

Or screwing your girl. ;)

bazil9 on June 8, 2012 at 2:22 AM

Lol. Yep.
But not my girl…

Great pick on the Skynyrd–great live version. I usually post original recordings ’cause it’s hard to find good live versions on YT.

BTW, are you havin’ a little fun tonight, baz? :)

RedCrow on June 8, 2012 at 2:29 AM

4Grace on June 8, 2012 at 2:26 AM

I like a variety of stuff.

I even know this lol

bazil9 on June 8, 2012 at 2:29 AM

nurse ziffel will spank me.

arnold ziffel on June 8, 2012 at 2:28 AM

Lol. Send her over here when she’s done.

RedCrow on June 8, 2012 at 2:30 AM

bazil9 on June 8, 2012 at 2:08 AM

C’mon. Link something that is cool and obscure. And if you are a Metal Girl, how about your favorite Motorhead?

novaculus on June 8, 2012 at 2:30 AM

RedCrow on June 8, 2012 at 2:13 AM

We call him Donald, his real name is Tucker, you have to watch him he’s a tricky mother f—er.

arnold ziffel on June 8, 2012 at 2:32 AM

MontanaMmmm on June 8, 2012 at 2:29 AM

Fantastic song. Goodnight, Montana!

4Grace on June 8, 2012 at 2:32 AM

Here is a very good tune IMHO!!..:)

PS..The guitar is awesome..:)

Dire Straits on June 8, 2012 at 2:32 AM

RedCrow on June 8, 2012 at 2:29 AM

Yes, a stress filled week work wise. Already clocked 50 at least.

You all are fun. Easy, no demands- you just say what you want and move on.
Real simple.
You having fun Mr Crow?

bazil9 on June 8, 2012 at 2:33 AM

Can’t go wrong with Beck.

4Grace on June 8, 2012 at 2:15 AM

That tune was off the first Beck album I ever bought. It just blew me away. It was rock and roll, but Beck was all over the place, musically. It was as complex tonally and rhythmically as jazz, and I had never heard those progressions or polyrhythms before.

novaculus on June 8, 2012 at 2:34 AM

bazil9 on June 8, 2012 at 2:29 AM

Same here, B9. People laugh when they see what’s on my iPod. I mostly play 60s & 70s on this site, but I listen to a very bizarre range of music. Love it. Couldn’t live without it.

4Grace on June 8, 2012 at 2:35 AM

I even know this lol

bazil9 on June 8, 2012 at 2:29 AM

Scorpions do Kansas.

arnold ziffel on June 8, 2012 at 2:35 AM

Good Night All.

Bmore on June 8, 2012 at 2:36 AM

PS..The guitar is awesome..:)

Dire Straits on June 8, 2012 at 2:32 AM

Yeah, um…who played that, now? Hmmm…can’t recall the name…
Lol. Great tune.

And, of course, I have to follow it with this!

RedCrow on June 8, 2012 at 2:36 AM

MontanaMmmm on June 8, 2012 at 2:29 AM

Very nice tune..Later!!..:)

Dire Straits on June 8, 2012 at 2:36 AM

Sleep tight, B.

RedCrow on June 8, 2012 at 2:36 AM

Dire Straits on June 8, 2012 at 2:32 AM

Such a great song, Dire. I’m not the biggest Zep fan in the world, but some of their songs are just incredible.

4Grace on June 8, 2012 at 2:37 AM

novaculus on June 8, 2012 at 2:30 AM

I am not DH HA- go link ur own cool and obscure.
I dont like Motorhead, as a matter of fact. I like what I like- I am not here to please.

I must correct something..I like metal and glam.. here are 2 faves…

bazil9 on June 8, 2012 at 2:38 AM

MontanaMmmm on June 8, 2012 at 2:13 AM

My son’s girlfriend calls that “monster music” she likes country more.

arnold ziffel on June 8, 2012 at 2:39 AM

RedCrow on June 8, 2012 at 2:36 AM

SRV is one the best..It is sad we lost him so young!!..:)

Dire Straits on June 8, 2012 at 2:39 AM

You having fun Mr Crow?

bazil9 on June 8, 2012 at 2:33 AM

In some universe I am! Lol.
No, really, we takes our kicks where we finds ‘em. So, I find my days are a mixture of heaven and hell. (Embrace the hyperbole. Lol)

Seriously, yes. I am having a good time, tonight.

RedCrow on June 8, 2012 at 2:40 AM

Good Night All.

Bmore on June 8, 2012 at 2:36 AM

Downright nifty choice there, B.

Goodnight, Bmore!