Brother of dead Al Qaeda number two: These drone strikes certainly are inhumane

posted at 6:50 pm on June 7, 2012 by Allahpundit

Note that he’s not complaining here on behalf of civilians killed in the drone strikes, nor is he claiming that his brother’s been falsely accused of being a top-flight AQ propagandist. (That’d be hard to do given the number of al-Libi videos floating around.) In fact, he seems to be more offended by the way in which al-Libi was killed than the fact that he was killed in the first place.

Second look at SEALs shooting Al Qaeda leaders in the face instead?

“The United States talks human rights and freedoms for all, but the method they used to kill him is savage,” Abu Bakr al-Qayed, brother of al-Libi, told Reuters on Wednesday in a telephone interview.

“The way the Americans killed him is heinous and inhumane,” he said, speaking from the town of Wadi Otba, south of the Libyan capital. “We are in the 21st century and they claim to be civilized and this is how they take out people.”

“Regardless of my brother’s ideology, or beliefs, he was a human being and at the end of the day deserves humane treatment,” he said…

“I never heard him speak of killing innocent people and don’t believe he would ever condone it. He was a Muslim, and we don’t kill people without reason.”

He wasn’t pressed to define “innocent” but we can get a pretty good sense of how al-Libi defined it from a few of the recent terror plots targeting NYC that were broken up by the FBI.

Officials also said al-Libi gave orders to terrorist Bryant Neal Vinas, who later scouted the Long Island Rail Road for a possible terror attack…

During this year’s subway bomb trial, admitted terrorist Najibullah Zazi testified that he and his fellow plotters attended a terror trainingcamp in Pakistan where Al-Libi’s videos were played to inspire them to carry out an attack. And Vinas testified at the same trial that he personally met with al-Libi before returning to the U.S. to scout possible targets

Intelligence officials said he actively reached out to al-Qaida affiliates across the globe to encourage terror strikes. Inside Pakistan, security officials said he played a direct role in a suicide bombing that targeted the Danish embassy in Islamabad.

CBS describes al-Libi as effectively Al Qaeda’s COO, the guy who ran the organization on behalf of Bin Laden and then Zawahiri and who might have been “the last commander within the organization with this level of management capability.” So important was he that some counterterror experts think the power vacuum actually might cause an increase in attacks as lower-level commanders freed from his authority try to prove their mettle by hatching their own plots. Yemen’s the likeliest proving ground, but there’s a growing jihadist base in Mali and the increasing possibility of one springing up in Syria as Assad’s grip on internal security slips. For a guy whose brother couldn’t imagine him condoning the murder of innocents, he sure does seem to have had a lot of influence over people who kill innocents.

Oh, and he wasn’t nearly as horrified at the prospect of dying in a drone attack as his brother is:

In early 2008, Abu Yahya al-Libi was making the perilous cross-border journey into Afghanistan from his base in Pakistan’s North Waziristan tribal badlands. The al Qaeda ideologue was on his way to Khost province, hoping to rally al Qaeda and Taliban fighters there. But as his group crossed the dangerous and rugged frontier, the normally garrulous and upbeat Libyan grew quiet and seemed almost depressed, according to a senior Taliban intelligence officer who was with him. Sensing the mood change, the Afghan asked al-Libi what was wrong. “I don’t want to be killed by Pakistani or Afghan puppet soldiers of America,” the Libyan said. “If I die as a martyr, I want to be killed by the explosives and forces of the worst enemy of Islam, the U.S.”

Al-Libi’s wish has finally been granted.

Follow that last link to the Daily Beast and read the whole piece, as it’s a useful look at how well regarded al-Libi was by the jihadis who followed him. There’s really little doubt that he would have become the new leader of Al Qaeda once Zawahiri was gone, and given his propaganda skill and his operational knowledge — the Beast calls him the “general manager” of Al Qaeda — he might very well have been better at it than either Zawahiri or Bin Laden.

Comments

Yeah, like AQ isn’t inhumane…

OmahaConservative on June 7, 2012 at 6:52 PM

My only problem with the drone attacks are these al queda douches don’t get to see it coming. I kind of want them to die screaming in agony. Is that wrong?

portlandon on June 7, 2012 at 6:54 PM

Who the F cares what any of these maniacs mutters?

More drones means more dead head-removing psycho jihadis!

profitsbeard on June 7, 2012 at 6:54 PM

Since Obama started it, Romney can keep it going without nary a peep from the leftards after 2012.

Key West Reader on June 7, 2012 at 6:55 PM

inhumane ??? au contraire, mon amiee !!!

OBOZO’s drone KILLING of terrorists (how appropriate for a Nobel “Peace Prize” recipient !) WITHOUT GETTING A SHRED OF USEFUL INTELLIGENCE is SOOOOOOOO much better than Bush capturing them and getting information to help protect America. And it’s more humane, too, because it doesn’t involve that awful waterboarding !!!!!!! Plus, there’s NOTHING LEFT to bury when the high explosive missile warhead scores a direct hit – so it’s a fully eco-friendly execution.

Isn’t all that right, lunatic-leftists ?

TeaPartyNation on June 7, 2012 at 6:56 PM

I don’t think they become martyrs. Everyone just forgets about them.

Blake on June 7, 2012 at 6:57 PM

Sure, but these are (D)rone strikes.

rogerb on June 7, 2012 at 6:57 PM

Call a whambulance!

joejm65 on June 7, 2012 at 6:58 PM

ROTFLMAO!!

It’s getting so tha an honest terrorist can’t make a living anymore!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

Tim_CA on June 7, 2012 at 6:58 PM

If your goal is to be killed by an enemy, clearly you are not fighting to win anything.

Count to 10 on June 7, 2012 at 6:59 PM

Beheading someone is completely humane.

txag92 on June 7, 2012 at 6:59 PM

I’ve always enjoyed the “smudge in the desert” metaphor.

Blake on June 7, 2012 at 7:00 PM

Nick Berg, not impressed.

reddevil on June 7, 2012 at 7:00 PM

No, waterboarding is insane, and Gitmo should be closed down.

- B. Hussein Obama

And all of that waterboarding just angers Al Qaeda making them more prone to attack us.

- B. Hussein Obama

But killing them by the cartload with drones won’t stir the pot of retribution.

Nah.

fogw on June 7, 2012 at 7:00 PM

Second look at SEALs shooting Al Qaeda leaders in the face instead?

Always been fine with this American.

Tim_CA on June 7, 2012 at 7:02 PM

Splat.

Bruno Strozek on June 7, 2012 at 7:03 PM

If you can’t stand the heat, get out of the (terrorist) kitchen.

SailorMark on June 7, 2012 at 7:05 PM

“He was a Muslim, and we don’t kill people without reason.”
What a crock. Since the 60′s there have been so many innocents killed by vehicle bombs, exponents must be utilized to number them.

Recall my rules of the modern battlefield:
If you are observable, you will be seen.
If you are seen, you will be targeted.
If you are targeted, you WILL be hit.

RF, SWIR, LWIR, we sense and image EVERYTHING.
Mess with the best, die like all the rest.

Missilengr on June 7, 2012 at 7:06 PM

Yeah. Doesn’t Dear Liar know you’re supposed to saw off their heads?

rbj on June 7, 2012 at 7:06 PM

I thought it was water boarding that was inhumane. Hmmm……..

Bmore on June 7, 2012 at 7:09 PM

He was a Muslim, and we don’t kill people without reason

Seriously?

Ugly on June 7, 2012 at 7:10 PM

Let me check my “I give-oh-sh*t meter”, yup as I expected its 0/5.

ColdWarrior57 on June 7, 2012 at 7:11 PM

I’ll take up your issue with the board. Water board!

Next!

SailorMark on June 7, 2012 at 7:11 PM

Brother of dead Al Qaeda number two: These drone strikes certainly are inhumane

…over 3,000 people died humanly on 9/11 and knew the terror of what was coming…besides… our Nobel Peace Prize winner isn’t waterboarding your brother right now for intelligence…BOOM!…he didn’t feel a thing!….so quit yer bitchin’

KOOLAID2 on June 7, 2012 at 7:16 PM

Free ticket to 72 houris, luscious boys, wine aplenty? Inhumane? I think not. Drones make Martyrs for the Halls of Paradise. Besides, the targets are all legitimately chosen by Barack Hussein Obama, who bringeth Light, and who is a Nobel Laureate in Peace.

spiritof61 on June 7, 2012 at 7:17 PM

I’d say a tomahawk missile in the face is probably the most humane method of execution out there.

Beats forcing someone to watch MSNBC for 24 hours straight.

CorporatePiggy on June 7, 2012 at 7:18 PM

I just hope the “new #2″ makes its appearance soon……..

so it can be NEXT.

Happy Hunting to the finest Military on the face of the earth.

God Bless our Troops!!!!!!

RealMc on June 7, 2012 at 7:19 PM

BOOM beats BOARDING!

KOOLAID2 on June 7, 2012 at 7:20 PM

Hey Abu, duck! (I was going to say this even before I saw that his name really is Abu)I crack myself up. 8)

Rio Linda Refugee on June 7, 2012 at 7:20 PM

But, but you are soooo 6th century.

He got it. A quick death, as opposed to having his head sawed off.

Yeah, right. Ask the passengers of American Airlines flight 11 and United Airlines flight 175 (flown into the Twin Towers), American Airlines flight 77 (flown into the Pentagon), United Airlines flight 93 (intended for a Washington, D.C. target, but crashed into a field in Shanksville, PA after brave passengers denied the terrorists their preferred target), not to mention all of the “collateral” killings of those on the ground and those who attempted rescues.

Complain to Satan when you see him in the near future.

IrishEyes on June 7, 2012 at 7:21 PM

“… but the method they used to kill him is savage,”

Looks like holmes here got a peek at what a Hell Fire Missle can do to a human body…

…. Sleep tight jack-off!

Seven Percent Solution on June 7, 2012 at 7:23 PM

It’s like when I played Battle Ship with my older brother in the ’70s, and I moved those ships all over the board every time he got a “hit.” By the time he finally got a hit, it was only because my board was a sea of blue “miss” pegs. “No fair!” he’d scream. And I’d laugh and laugh and laugh — cuz he was doing it, too! But he’d get so damn mad when I did it back. “No fair! No fair! No fair!” Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha.

Rational Thought on June 7, 2012 at 7:24 PM

Pffft! He should count his lucky stars that I’m not in charge of the War on Terror. I would have had my eggheads inventing the Porcine-Fusion bomb. Not only does it kill you, but fuses pig entrails, blood, and bone to your dirty AQ skeleton. No Paradise and virgins for you, Abdul! (Hat tip General Pershing!) I would have been dropping those frakking things all over the place. And let’s not forget my Nuke Mecca policy if there’s any more major Muslim terrorist attacks.

Armed drones blasting a few dirty muzzies here and there…weaksauce.

Battlecruiser-operational on June 7, 2012 at 7:27 PM

Rational Thought on June 7, 2012 at 7:24 PM

Last time I played battleship, my opponent didn’t even bother to move his ships; he just lied.

Count to 10 on June 7, 2012 at 7:29 PM

Count to 10 on June 7, 2012 at 7:29 PM

A democrat I take it?

Rational Thought on June 7, 2012 at 7:34 PM

“The way the Americans killed him is heinous and inhumane,” he said …

Ingrate! Be thankful he wasn’t waterboarded.

Finbar on June 7, 2012 at 7:35 PM

I agree done strikes are inhumane.

I think a better way is to behead them with a knife and post the video on the internet. That is much more humane.

F15Mech on June 7, 2012 at 7:39 PM

don’t worry sparky….your bro is in heaven deflowering virgins and stuff.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Tim_CA on June 7, 2012 at 7:46 PM

F15Mech on June 7, 2012 at 7:39 PM

+1eleventy

Ugly on June 7, 2012 at 7:48 PM

Since it is Eco Friendly I quess the drone attack can be called a “Green Kill”!

UncleZeb on June 7, 2012 at 7:53 PM

We’ll be sure to put a hello kitty sticker on the next missile if it makes you feel better.

clement on June 7, 2012 at 7:56 PM

Have the Al Queda rank and file started the inevitable “death pool” bets?

Probably not a whole lot of other things for a good terrorist to do for entertainment…..except maybe target practice….or camel humping.

Tim_CA on June 7, 2012 at 8:13 PM

A democrat I take it?

Rational Thought on June 7, 2012 at 7:34 PM

I don’t know: he was ten years old.
Already a pathological lier, though.

I caught him when I had eliminated all the places that his carrier could be without getting a hit.

Count to 10 on June 7, 2012 at 8:14 PM

Let me get this straight. Your brother was killed by a inanimate object? That isn’t humane at all. I’ll need therapy now.

Limerick on June 7, 2012 at 8:31 PM

Beheading someone is completely humane.

txag92 on June 7, 2012 at 6:59 PM

Sorry txag92 I did not see your comment before I posted mine.

F15Mech on June 7, 2012 at 8:59 PM

Second look at SEALs shooting Al Qaeda leaders in the face instead?

50 cal head shots. Up to two clicks away. See Barrett Model 82A1.

Bmore on June 7, 2012 at 9:01 PM

portlandon on June 7, 2012 at 6:54 PM

Well, I have to admit that it is a rare video that I miss over a Weasel Zippers taken from various weapon platforms with video systems.

This much I can conclude – technology has advanced to the point where the missile’s camera can show a man’s face within a second of his demise. And in one particular video, you can see the guy turn and look right at the missile. He knew what he saw.

Second, if they don’t see it coming, there is a moment’s realization when they can see their severed body parts leaving.

It is a gruesome and violent death – and it is well deserved.

And may it continue unabated until these terrorists scum are eradicated from the planet.

turfmann on June 7, 2012 at 9:10 PM

Glad to oblige, loser.

AZCoyote on June 7, 2012 at 9:18 PM

We used robotic aircraft and the most technologically advanced weapons on the planet to literally vaporize him. How much more 21st century can you get?

Second look at SEALs shooting Al Qaeda leaders in the face instead?

At least with the drones we get to see the video. We hardly ever get to see the face shots.

HotAirian on June 7, 2012 at 9:25 PM

No kiddin’?

Gee, I thought this was a wonderful way of getting…er, taking…our Yahya’s out.

Yiwen on June 7, 2012 at 9:45 PM

President Rambo declared him guilty and executed him by remote control rather than trying to capture him and try him, even though he insisted KSM get a trial in NYC. President Rambo declared any collateral damage — AKA nearby possible innocents also killed — was acceptable.

President Rambo heavily criticized and condemned GWB for how he dealt with (alleged) terrorists, yet he now makes GWB look humane, circumspect, and merciful in comparison.

As hypocritical as that seems, it is historically perfectly consistent with how socialists behave.

American socialists in the 1920′s and 30′s routinely excused and justified the “excesses” of Uncle Joe Stalin. In the 1950′s,they became apoplectic over the suggestion some of them might actually be communists.

farsighted on June 7, 2012 at 9:58 PM

Brother of dead Al Qaeda number two: These drone strikes certainly are inhumane

headline by Allahpundit

The way Al Qaeda members and their sympathizers practice Islam “certainly is inhumane”.

listens2glenn on June 7, 2012 at 10:05 PM

“He was a Muslim, and we don’t kill people without reason.”

There is never a dearth of reasons for ‘Slums to kill anything.

BL@KBIRD on June 7, 2012 at 10:11 PM

… and now he has joined his “god” Satan in that eternal place of perdition where he has learned that the 72 virgins are not exactly as advertised by the Father of lies.

AZfederalist on June 7, 2012 at 11:17 PM

BL@KBIRD on June 7, 2012 at 10:11 PM

Speaking of which, there is a brand new video of some humane Islamists using a rather small butcher knife to remove the head of some young man who converted to (GASP!) Christianity.

This was in Tunisia, one of the more civilized places in God’s little acre over there.

Google has it. The content is so bad I shall pass on a link.

IlikedAUH2O on June 7, 2012 at 11:33 PM

Have the Al Queda rank and file started the inevitable “death pool” bets?

Tim_CA on June 7, 2012 at 8:13 PM

They don’t hump camels in Pakistan. Not many available. Goats are more abundant, and a little easier for them to reach!! Adios, Abu.

oldwino on June 8, 2012 at 12:02 AM

Hello? Pentagon?
Yes, I would like to place an order for one drone please.
Yes, delivery.
The works.
Fine, thank you.
Please deliver that to a Abu Bakr al-Qayed, Wadi Otba, Libya.

Thank you.

justltl on June 8, 2012 at 12:21 AM

Nick Berg and Daniel Pearl were unavailible for rebuttal.
Apologies if this has been previously mentioned. Not that it doesn’t warrant repeating. Constantly.

hutch1200 on June 8, 2012 at 12:52 AM

Inhumane?

Well it works out then as you jihadis aren’t human. Your’e lowlife scum.

You know the boys who arm those 21st century, western technological items called “drones” paint the 21st century, western technological items called “Hellfire missiles” they carry with bacon grease.

Bubba Redneck on June 8, 2012 at 12:59 AM

That photo could easily pass for Barack Hussein Obama, IIa. (from another one of Barack Obama, Sr.’s harem of Kenyan wives)

term-limits-4-all on June 8, 2012 at 1:37 AM

Hey dumbass Abu Bakr al Qayed do you know what is also inhuman??? How about flying planes full of innocent people into buildings with more innocent people in them, as a sacrifice to your bloodthirsty Islam cult and your demon god. Abu go F**K yourself and you and your bloodthirsty cult can go to HELL.

Beastdogs on June 8, 2012 at 8:58 AM

This is how it has to be, because the Obama administration policy on not putting anyone at Gitmo. It’s a terrible place.

Fleuries on June 8, 2012 at 11:24 AM

He was a Muslim, and we don’t kill people without reason.”

Yes, unfortunately your reasons are totally effed.

Observation on June 8, 2012 at 2:01 PM

Let him make that statement while a video behind plays of the beheading of the USA citizens these “humane” animals did just a few years ago. Let him…If he had the guts.

logicman_1998 on June 8, 2012 at 2:04 PM

A tiny camera on the drones would be nice… get your popcorn ready

ArtVandelay on June 8, 2012 at 2:48 PM