Video: AZ abortion clinics arrange sex-selective abortions

posted at 12:01 pm on June 6, 2012 by Ed Morrissey

Why is the location important?  Arizona is one of only four states that bars sex-selective abortions.  These two Arizona abortion clinics keep telling this Live Action undercover reporter that sex-selective abortion is illegal in Arizona.  And yet, neither of the clinics stop her from pursuing the abortion based on the baby being a girl, but just tell her not to talk about it:

LifeNews also comments on the video:

A third video in a series devoted to exposing how the abortion industry is willing to arrange sex-selection abortions for women who seek them shows two National Abortion Federation-affiliated clinics in Arizona agreeing to break state law and perform an illegal sex-selective abortion.

Live Action has released the third video in the series after two other videos exposed how staff at Planned Parenthood abortion centers agreed to facilitate sex-selection abortions.

The new footage shows two NAF members, Camelback Family Planning in Phoenix and the Tucson Women’s Center in Tucson, promising to ignore the law and perform a sex-selective abortion and coaching a woman to lie on official paperwork to conceal the illegal abortion. …

Not only have the videos implicated Planned Parenthood, the nation’s largest abortion business, they now have show how NAF-affiliated clinics are willing to break the law and arrange sex-selection abortions as well. NAF is the professional trade group for hundreds of abortion clinics not affiliated with Planned Parenthood that operate in the U.S. and Canada. Many NAF board members are current or former Planned Parenthood officials, and Planned Parenthood representatives frequently play a prominent role at NAF annual meetings.

The first video detailed a planned Parenthood staffer at an Austin,Texas facility urging a sex-selection abortion and a second video shows staff at Planned Parenthood’s Margaret Sanger clinic in New York City helping arrange one.

So much for compliance with the law, a trait not often found in abortion clinics when Live Action goes undercover.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

Laws? We don’t need no stinkin’ laws. Just kill the baby.

The Rogue Tomato on June 6, 2012 at 12:05 PM

Drip, drip, drip… Chinese water torture.

blammm on June 6, 2012 at 12:05 PM

Once you’ve morally degenerated to the point where abortion as birth control is OK, you’ll accept anything.

Inside every Planned Parenthood employee is a Khmer Rouge footsoldier.

NoDonkey on June 6, 2012 at 12:05 PM

And yet NOW and the Komen hags remain silent. I’m shocked./

AubieJon on June 6, 2012 at 12:08 PM

So over this kind of deceitful “gotcha” journalism. At the end of the day, any woman who wants to abort based on sex selection can, regardless of any law saying she can’t. All she has to do is NOT say it’s for sex selection.

This sort of thing works at the wrong end of the equation and does nothing to change perspective. Nothing.

Lila Rose is an embarrassment to the pro-life movement, IMO, and comes off as little more than a typical attention whore.

Carolina21 on June 6, 2012 at 12:10 PM

National Abortion Federation?

That’s a thing?

Ugh. Are liberals going to tell us that THEY only get a miniscule amount of business through the slaughter of innocents too?

Red Cloud on June 6, 2012 at 12:11 PM

Are we sure Andrew Breitbart’s dead?

listens2glenn on June 6, 2012 at 12:12 PM

I like how her smock has all these little hearts on it. Jesus, this country is going to hell.

Herald of Woe on June 6, 2012 at 12:12 PM

Carolina21 on June 6, 2012 at 12:10 PM

So, you were upset when McCain chose Palin. Did you still get a thrill out of voting for the faux-conservative, or did you vote for Obama?

AubieJon on June 6, 2012 at 12:13 PM

Put down the crack pipe. Sorry I don’t march in lockstep and spew the groupthink. I know it’s scary for drones like you to live in a world where people can think for themselves.

Carolina21 on June 6, 2012 at 12:15 PM

I would begin this sentence with “even worse” but there is nothing worse than what happens in these clinics.

Intellectually worse than the side-stepping of the law on this matter, she is instructing the woman to PERJURE HERSELF to cover themselves legally.

If the cops come by and say, you did this sex-selective abortion, they will say, nuh-uh, she signed this paper saying it wasn’t. And the MOTHER gets the trial date.

And WE are the ones who are insensitive to the mother in this equation?!?

The Schaef on June 6, 2012 at 12:16 PM

There’s a “professional trade group” for baby-murder mills? Do they have conventions and trade shows? That must be a regular laugh riot.

Trafalgar on June 6, 2012 at 12:16 PM

Herald of Woe on June 6, 2012 at 12:12 PM

One for each beating heart she has stopped, I guess.

The Rogue Tomato on June 6, 2012 at 12:16 PM

Visceral disgust.

Prufrock on June 6, 2012 at 12:16 PM

Wink, wink, nudge, nudge. Say no more.

Swipe your card here. We’ll take care of the unviable tissue, dear.

spiritof61 on June 6, 2012 at 12:17 PM

Planned Parenthood would implement boxcars and showers if they thought they could get away with it.

viking01 on June 6, 2012 at 12:18 PM

Yep.

This is one of the dichotomies of the Left that has always left me scratching my head.

Prufrock on June 6, 2012 at 12:18 PM

… am I the only one who got a bit of dark irony in hearing “Jack and Diane” on the radio during that interview?

“Oh yeah, life goes on…”

Yeah, well, not for everyone…

The Schaef on June 6, 2012 at 12:20 PM

My drill Sgt called us an abortion.The only time I thought the word was funny.

docflash on June 6, 2012 at 12:20 PM

Carolina21 on June 6, 2012 at 12:10 PM

You give real women a bad name.

GeorgieGirl9 on June 6, 2012 at 12:21 PM

It’s okay. Special training for intake personnel will be instituted throughout Planned Parenthood. Employees not following official guidelines will be terminated. Can we please move on? The Reproductive Health Choices of Women are at stake.

spiritof61 on June 6, 2012 at 12:21 PM

evil murderous scum

reliapundit on June 6, 2012 at 12:22 PM

Alternative Headline: “GOP Furious that Clinics in Arizona are Following the Rulings of the Supreme Court”.

inthemiddle on June 6, 2012 at 12:22 PM

I admit I find it weird (and deplorable) when people are outraged when an abortion is predicated upon the sex of the fetus, as though that’s less offensive somehow than to not take its sex into consideration at all when deciding whether or not to go though with the act!

Bizarro No. 1 on June 6, 2012 at 12:22 PM

At least my state will probably respond to what these videos show thanks to our Republican Gov. and State govt…

Although that won’t stop Libs (sadly including friends) from screaming about how Republicans are too focused on social issues. Even though these people are breaking the damn law!

And at the end of the day anyone can lie and illegally receive benefits from the govt; but if someone admits to it we should what? Ignore it and give them the benefits anyway just because they messed up by admitting their guilt?

nextgen_repub on June 6, 2012 at 12:22 PM

Carolina21 on June 6, 2012 at 12:15 PM

I can think just fine and I think you’re delusional. You accuse pro-lifers as falling for group think, how about you?

GeorgieGirl9 on June 6, 2012 at 12:23 PM

Carolina21 on June 6, 2012 at 12:15 PM

You poor thing! What’s it like living in a world where the words “bipartisan” and “crossing the aisle” are like foreplay?

The “gotcha journalism” you decry has done more to expose the criminal practices inside these clinics than any march or protest. It’s gotten clinics investigated and clinicians fired. It brings these butcher shops into the light of day and exposes them.

That it somehow makes you uncomfortable says a lot about the weakness of your resolve, if you have any at all. After almost 40 years, it’s time someone had the guts to go after the abortionists.

AubieJon on June 6, 2012 at 12:24 PM

inthemiddle on June 6, 2012 at 12:22 PM

Guess you missed the part about abortion based on sex being ILLEGAL in AZ.

GeorgieGirl9 on June 6, 2012 at 12:24 PM

Carolina21 on June 6, 2012 at 12:15 PM

Well said.

I hate Mittbots that throw the Troll word around just because they do not like an honest opinion.

The GOP is not supposed to be a rigid ideological Party. Furthermore the things they think we should support violate what the GOP is supposed to stand for.

Steveangell on June 6, 2012 at 12:24 PM

as the father of twin girls, these make me want to puke, but I guess that’s the point.

gsherin on June 6, 2012 at 12:24 PM

You give real women a bad name.

GeorgieGirl9 on June 6, 2012 at 12:21 PM

Why?

I dislike this tactic, therefore I’m not a “real” woman?

Explain yourself — you do have a legitimate argument here, right?

Explain to me why I MUST applaud this style of “journalism” in order to be a) a real woman and b) a real pro-lifer.

Or are you just here to call names and attack on a personal level?

Carolina21 on June 6, 2012 at 12:25 PM

Can someone please show me an attractive woman that works in the Abortion industry?

poppieseeds on June 6, 2012 at 12:25 PM

You give real women a bad name.

GeorgieGirl9 on June 6, 2012 at 12:21 PM

Do you believe that Carolina21 is wrong for believing that Lila’s focus in this particular example is misplaced? If so, why?

Bizarro No. 1 on June 6, 2012 at 12:26 PM

Bizarro No. 1 on June 6, 2012 at 12:22 PM

In a way, it’s kind of a logic trap. Ever since NARAL ran their ads changing the focus of the discussion back in the early 80s, pro-deathers have always tried to make it about the mother, the mother, the mother. It’s because focusing on the baby is a losing argument. It’s the same reason they say it’s just a bunch of cells, the same reason some of them even advocate terminating a child for several months AFTER birth. Basically, the minute they realize (admit?) that it’s a living human in there, about 80% of them lose the argument. The rest just try to write it off as a mercy killing, like turning off grandpa’s machines when his liver fails.

The Schaef on June 6, 2012 at 12:27 PM

inthemiddle on June 6, 2012 at 12:22 PM

Guess you missed the part about abortion based on sex being ILLEGAL in AZ.

GeorgieGirl9 on June 6, 2012 at 12:24 PM

True but I would be surprised if they actually prosecute either of these clinics.

They should but I just do not see it happening.

More likely they will go after the person that shot the video.

Steveangell on June 6, 2012 at 12:27 PM

To be fair, you have no idea how often they comply with the law, because Live Action would never release those videos.

red_herring on June 6, 2012 at 12:27 PM

I have a little bit of respect for the National Abortion Federation. At least they’re up-front about their support for human butchery, instead of the obfuscation game PP plays with ruses like condoms, mammograms and “health”.

Speaking of PP, they ran an anti-Romney advertisement this morning during GMA in Northern VA. Sounded like a Romney advertisement to me – clips of him saying Roe should be overturned, eliminate funding for PP, etc.

The Count on June 6, 2012 at 12:27 PM

Steveangell on June 6, 2012 at 12:24 PM

I see that part about it being illegal in AZ to perform abortions based on sex selection escaped you as well.

AubieJon on June 6, 2012 at 12:27 PM

That ghoul has a ghoul’s dream job.

jawkneemusic on June 6, 2012 at 12:28 PM

viking01 on June 6, 2012 at 12:18 PM

And make $$$ on it.

How these people sleep at night is the real question. Probably all doped up.

NoDonkey on June 6, 2012 at 12:28 PM

red_herring on June 6, 2012 at 12:27 PM

This video is damning of both Clinics.

It does not matter if I do not kill 1,000,000 people if I kill one I go to prison same here. One is enough.

Steveangell on June 6, 2012 at 12:29 PM

Steveangell on June 6, 2012 at 12:24 PM

I hate people that throw the word “Mittbot” around just because they do not like an honest opinion.

Red Cloud on June 6, 2012 at 12:29 PM

“Really cool” girl doctor who kills little girls. Do abortion doctors take the sme oath as others? First, do no harm? PP=baby killers. Abortion stops a beating heart.

StevC on June 6, 2012 at 12:29 PM

Or are you just here to call names and attack on a personal level?

Carolina21 on June 6, 2012 at 12:25 PM

Carolina21 on June 6, 2012 at 12:15 PM

Oh dear…

AubieJon on June 6, 2012 at 12:31 PM

Alternative Headline: “GOPLiberals Furious that Clinics in Arizona are Following the Rulings of the Supreme Court”.That they got caught once again siding with the ghoul’s of our society.
inthemiddle on June 6, 2012 at 12:22 PM

FIFY.

jawkneemusic on June 6, 2012 at 12:31 PM

Bizarro No. 1 on June 6, 2012 at 12:22 PM

I find it a bit more deplorable when someone gets an abortion due to the sex of the fetus than when someone gets an abortion for some unknown other reason. That’s because the other reasons are unknown, and therefore easier to stomach, because there’s at least a (admittedly remote) chance the reason is less frivolous. While I would not condone any abortion, I can at least sympathize with a woman who is so emotionally distraught she makes the wrong decision.

Killing your baby because it’s the wrong sex cheapens life to the nth degree. It is like killing your baby because you found out it would have brown eyes and you were dead-set on having a child with blue eyes.

The Rogue Tomato on June 6, 2012 at 12:32 PM

Steveangell on June 6, 2012 at 12:24 PM

Red Cloud on June 6, 2012 at 12:29 PM

Owned.

jawkneemusic on June 6, 2012 at 12:33 PM

red_herring on June 6, 2012 at 12:27 PM

And when I murder just one motorist out of the twenty I meet on a highway, that’s okay because I don’t break the law all the time.

AubieJon on June 6, 2012 at 12:33 PM

This behavior is hardly new.

One of my dear friends (now very pro-life) had an abortion in the late 70′s.

At the time, it was a law that a married woman had to have a signature from her husband to get an abortion (because, you know, he might have had some stake in whether or not the baby was killed).

Anyhow, they handed her the form and said, “We’ve got some errands to do. We hope you don’t mind us leaving you alone in here for a while. Just remember, when we come back, we need that form to be signed.”

She told them that her husband was in the waiting room and she could go get it signed and they basically said it’s none of their business as long as it’s signed by the time they return.

JadeNYU on June 6, 2012 at 12:34 PM

Any chance of prosecution? It *is* illegal, after all. Plenty of people have been incarcerated for offering a quickie to undercover female cops trolling for easy solicitation busts, and the procedure routinely held against entrapment defense.

Archivarix on June 6, 2012 at 12:35 PM

You give real women a bad name.

GeorgieGirl9 on June 6, 2012 at 12:21 PM

Why?

I dislike this tactic, therefore I’m not a “real” woman?

Explain yourself — you do have a legitimate argument here, right?

Or are you just here to call names and attack on a personal level?

Carolina21 on June 6, 2012 at 12:25 PM

Nope – purely emotional and morally right. Plus, I’m a mom (of three girls) and I think it’s disgusting to kill a baby for ANY reason, especially because it’s not the sex you wanted.

GeorgieGirl9 on June 6, 2012 at 12:36 PM

And yet NOW and the Komen hags remain silent. I’m shocked./

AubieJon on June 6, 2012 at 12:08 PM

I was just explaining this story to my dear (but hopelessly uninformed) Obama-loving mom, who is staying with us. She kept interrupting me, saying, “Don’t tell me that…That’s too awful…I don’t want to know.”

itsnotaboutme on June 6, 2012 at 12:37 PM

What if the woman wants to terminate a “gay” baby?

redzap on June 6, 2012 at 12:37 PM

There is no moral reason for abortion. Sex-selective abortion is no more horrible than any other type of abortion. By suggesting that sex-selective abortion is the most horrible type of abortion, one is suggesting that other types of abortion are more accecptable. Bad road to travel.

Strike Twice on June 6, 2012 at 12:37 PM

Red Cloud on June 6, 2012 at 12:29 PM

We respond to Mittbots by calling them what they are.

Mittbot = A poster that instead of intelligently debating just attacks the poster. Doing so to protect Mitt of course. Started with Bain. Instead of defending Bain (the defense was there and great) Mittbots went along and just attacked anyone asking questions about Bain as against Capitalism. Ignoring Vulture Capitalist(not Bain) that really were bad.

Steveangell on June 6, 2012 at 12:38 PM

We respond to Mittbots by calling them what they are.

Steveangell on June 6, 2012 at 12:38 PM

Grow up.

Red Cloud on June 6, 2012 at 12:39 PM

inthemiddle on June 6, 2012 at 12:22 PM

Guess you missed the part about abortion based on sex being ILLEGAL in AZ.

GeorgieGirl9 on June 6, 2012 at 12:24 PM

They should but I just do not see it happening.

More likely they will go after the person that shot the video.

Steveangell on June 6, 2012 at 12:27 PM

So what? It’s wrong and every little bit of exposure you can get of these “ghouls” and someone called them, is one step closer to stopping this tragedy or at the very least, stopping one tragedy.

GeorgieGirl9 on June 6, 2012 at 12:40 PM

GeorgieGirl9 on June 6, 2012 at 12:36 PM

So you don’t have a legitimate argument for asserting that I MUST agree with this tactic to be considered a “real” woman. Thanks for admitting that you were just calling names out of an emotional reaction.

I’m not arguing that it’s NOT morally repugnant to abort a child based on any reason, much less sex selection. My argument is against the tactic, not that abortion is morally repugnant.

Care to try again?

Carolina21 on June 6, 2012 at 12:41 PM

Carolina21 on June 6, 2012 at 12:10 PM

I find it ingenious. Information, literature, photos, video, 3D sonogram pics won’t shame people into acknowledging that abortion is little more than more-complicated birth control, so Lila Rose is taking a different tack. She’s putting the “ick factor” back into abortion. She’s putting faces to the soul-less voices parroting the lines they’ve been taught. Breitbart would be so proud of her.

I’m also proud to be counted with her and the rest of our country’s women who stand for those with no voice.

hoosiermama on June 6, 2012 at 12:41 PM

if a lefty organization went into a gun store and told the owner “i need something i can conceal real easy and that wont hold fingerprints well so i can rob banks” and the owner sold him a gun we’d have so much noise nothing else would matter. but when an abortion clinic helps people break/skirt the law its crickets.

chasdal on June 6, 2012 at 12:43 PM

Care to try again?

Carolina21 on June 6, 2012 at 12:41 PM

Morally wrong is a perfectly fine argument. And you’re still not a real woman.

GeorgieGirl9 on June 6, 2012 at 12:43 PM

Care to try again?

Carolina21 on June 6, 2012 at 12:41 PM

What makes you uncomfortable about these videos?

AubieJon on June 6, 2012 at 12:43 PM

The Schaef on June 6, 2012 at 12:27 PM

You are right, it is a kind of logic trap.

It makes me feel ill when I see pro-lifers play the ‘Sex-selected abortions should be illegal!!!’ game – to me, it’s the equivalent of a person getting emotional about differing ways others would choose to rearrange the deck chairs on the Titanic.

Bizarro No. 1 on June 6, 2012 at 12:44 PM

Carolina21 on June 6, 2012 at 12:41 PM

did you really just claim to be against teh practice but you dont want it exposed??

chasdal on June 6, 2012 at 12:44 PM

Care to try again?

Carolina21 on June 6, 2012 at 12:41 PM

If you’re SO smart, how exactly should pro-life bring attention to the atrocity of abortion? What is the correct “tactic”?

GeorgieGirl9 on June 6, 2012 at 12:45 PM

Morally wrong is a perfectly fine argument. And you’re still not a real woman.

How am I not a real woman? You’ve asserted this twice now and have been asked to explain yourself.

Show me how I’m not a real woman. Can you do that?

Carolina21 on June 6, 2012 at 12:46 PM

inthemiddle on June 6, 2012 at 12:22 PM
Guess you missed the part about abortion based on sex being ILLEGAL in AZ.

GeorgieGirl9 on June 6, 2012 at 12:24 PM

inthemiddle is missing parts inthemiddle of the ears…too miss the part!

KOOLAID2 on June 6, 2012 at 12:46 PM

Strike Twice on June 6, 2012 at 12:37 PM

First of all I believe it is worse. Women could abort 8 babies to get one male. They intend to get pregnant to purposely abort until they get a male (most of the time male). This is gendercide.

Secondly I agree most abortions are bad. There are some that are done because the pregnancy most likely can not be saved and the life of the mother is at risk because of the pregnancy (not suicide/mental health of the mother). I do not agree with abortion for rape/incest either. I might agree to abortion of babies from women who are mentally less than three years old. Though the better option for these would be sterilization.

Steveangell on June 6, 2012 at 12:47 PM

@AubieJon

I’m not “uncomfortable” about the videos.

I dislike the tactic, regardless of the target.

In regards to the abortion issue, I believe it causes more division and strife and does nothing to actually dissuade anyone from having an abortion.

Carolina21 on June 6, 2012 at 12:48 PM

You want me to answer your question when you’ve flat-out refused to answer mine, all while still insisting I”m not a “real” woman?

Grow up.

Carolina21 on June 6, 2012 at 12:49 PM

Show me how I’m not a real woman. Can you do that?

Carolina21 on June 6, 2012 at 12:46 PM

Look in the mirror and read what you wrote and decide if that statement is something a woman would say.

GeorgieGirl9 on June 6, 2012 at 12:49 PM

Done. And yes, I’m a real woman.

However, that is not a supportive argument.

Upon what are YOU basing YOUR assertion that I cannot be a real woman if I do not agree with this tactic?

Carolina21 on June 6, 2012 at 12:52 PM

Grow up.

Carolina21 on June 6, 2012 at 12:49 PM

What a troll resorts to when they don’t have a leg to stand on.

GeorgieGirl9 on June 6, 2012 at 12:52 PM

Grow up.

Red Cloud on June 6, 2012 at 12:39 PM

Perfect example of a Mittbot.

Just attack just like Saul Alinsky taught.

Steveangell on June 6, 2012 at 12:52 PM

red_herring on June 6, 2012 at 12:27 PM

Your handle is apropos. How often they comply with the law is irrelevent when considering their non-compliance. Are we to say, “Well, they be in non-compliance ten times, but that’s okay, they complied 100 times”? Nonsense.

Goldenavatar on June 6, 2012 at 12:54 PM

@AubieJon

I’m not “uncomfortable” about the videos.

I dislike the tactic, regardless of the target.

Carolina21 on June 6, 2012 at 12:48 PM

The history of these videos is that they have exposed abortion clinics in the act of aiding and abetting cases of statutory rape, medicare fraud, and other crimes. They may not be pretty, and they may even be cringe worthy, but they do have their value.

Liberals and the liberal media have told us for decades that these butcher shops are just like beauty salons or, at best, OB-GYN clinics on the inside. These videos are showing the truth.

AubieJon on June 6, 2012 at 12:55 PM

I dislike the tactic, regardless of the target.

Carolina21 on June 6, 2012 at 12:48 PM

Not sure how you would enforce most laws without this tactic. Nor how you can keep business honest without it. I love the undercover videos of Grease Monkey, Pep Boys, WalMart and others charging for Oil Changes they never do. If we had more of them these business would actually preform the work we pay them to perform and our cars would last a whole lot longer.

Steveangell on June 6, 2012 at 1:00 PM

Carolina21 on June 6, 2012 at 12:15 PM

Well said.

Steveangell on June 6, 2012 at 12:24 PM

Might I recommend to you two birdies Jonah Goldberg’s The Tyranny of Cliches ?

You two are pretty big violators. Of course the GOP is supposed to have a rigid ideology: It’s a singular polital party! You might not agree with every aspect of that ideology, but that doesn’t mean it shouldn’t have one – or that it should be mollified, diluted, and generic enough to mean whatever you want it to mean.

Being a fuzzy thinker doesn’t make the clear thinkers drones, it makes you an unprincipled squish.

BKennedy on June 6, 2012 at 1:00 PM

The Rogue Tomato on June 6, 2012 at 12:32 PM

I say that the pro-life argument is diminished by pro-lifers who say that some elective abortions are more acceptable/less offensive than others…

Bizarro No. 1 on June 6, 2012 at 1:01 PM

drip drip drip, the ghouls are being exposed.

tom daschle concerned on June 6, 2012 at 1:02 PM

I dislike the tactic, regardless of the target.

Carolina21 on June 6, 2012 at 12:48 PM

This is political warfare. These clandestine videos represent an effective tactic to be used against the political enemy. PP is breaking the law and the videos are proof. Absent that proof, they would simply deny everything and blame evil Republicans for being anti-female. And be supported by the media and the Obama Administration, of course. Here they are caught in flagrante.

spiritof61 on June 6, 2012 at 1:05 PM

Perfect example of a Mittbot.

Just attack just like Saul Alinsky taught.

Steveangell on June 6, 2012 at 12:52 PM

If you think being told to “grow up” is an attack, I was right.

Red Cloud on June 6, 2012 at 1:06 PM

hat a troll resorts to when they don’t have a leg to stand on.

So you don’t think it’s immature of you to reiterate your statement that I’m not a real woman because I refuse to agree with you and also refuse to support that statement, all while insisting that I answer your question?

Again, grow up.

You’re emoting, not arguing a position. You like a tactic, I don’t, therefore you don’t like _me_, so you’re going to attack me personally. That’s demonstrably immature.

Carolina21 on June 6, 2012 at 1:08 PM

Well, the liberals who support on-demand abortion are missing the bigger picture once again.

I would be willing to bet that the overwhelming number of abortions are sought by liberal women, therefore, fewer future liberals are being born.

By allowing sex-selective abortions – and I’ve never heard of anyone choosing to abort a male fetus – these idiots are ensuring that EVEN FEWER future liberal women will be born.

Since conservative women don’t tend to marry liberal men, there are going to be even fewer opportunities in the next generation for liberals to procreate – after all, if the number of liberal women is diminished, there will be fewer of them having babies. And the “leftover” males won’t be able to find a mate, so they won’t be able to pass along their DNA, either.

Of course, the “cultures” that promote sex-selection tend to view women as nothing more than chattel, so the liberal women who support this kind of abortion are simply hastening the demise of liberal women even faster.

Then again, liberals aren’t known for logical or analytical long-term thinking…..

TeresainFortWorth on June 6, 2012 at 1:14 PM

Have they prevented a single abortion? Have they broadened people’s perspective, their understanding of when life begins, of why abortion is bad for everyone — the father and mother of the child, not just the child?

All this tactic does is continue the politicization of abortion. It does nothing to put humanity back into the equation. It’s us v. them, we’re right, you’re wrong, two camps digging in and strengthening their resolve. It only adds to the ugliness of the rhetoric being thrown by both sides.

Carolina21 on June 6, 2012 at 1:14 PM

A real woman has an instinctive desire to protect the weak and helpless. A real woman is physically sickened by the prospect of an unborn child being torn apart and sucked from its mother’s womb — which was designed to be the safest environment on earth. A real woman values life and is awed by her ability to create and nurture it. A real woman does not destroy something that with every cell of its being wants nothing more than to live and grow. A real woman would no sooner crush a flower under her heel than turn a puppy into traffic. A real woman would never consciously harm an unborn baby. Period.

cynccook on June 6, 2012 at 1:18 PM

Bizarro No. 1 on June 6, 2012 at 12:44 PM

Keep in mind that using the extremes to define the middle is how the libs got abortion legalized in the first place, and how they continue to defend it to this day (with the exception of a handful of intellectually honest ones I’ve debated).

“OMG rape and incest!”
“OMG you want mommy to die for a stillborn!”
“OMG Down’s Syndrome!”

The act of dividing abortions up and assigning them moral value by type has already been done. Getting them to acknowledge the gender-selection issue forces the discussion regarding the child being alive. Having them complain about using the extremes to define the middle exposes the flaw in their initial defense of the practice. I don’t necessarily believe that abortions SHOULD be divided by type but I applaud the fact that this is pressing discussion from a different perspective.

The Schaef on June 6, 2012 at 1:20 PM

I agree.

What does that have to do with GeorgieGirl’s claim that I am not a real woman because I don’t support a particular journalistic tactic?

Carolina21 on June 6, 2012 at 1:20 PM

Carolina: Do you know if they have prevented a single abortion or not? I do believe there are testimonials by women citing Rose and her work for reasons why they have not chosen abortions.

And yes, it does put humanity back into the equation by exposing the inhumanity of the people offering the service.

Lastly, I would like to point out that conservatives did not politicize abortion; the Left did. They did so with Roe v. Wade, if not before. As such, the issue is political no matter what we do.

Are you suggesting that if the Left broadens an issue by bringing it into the political sphere, those who oppose the Left on that issue should refrain from operating in the political arena, in essence ceding that sphere to them?

Can you point to anything ethically wrong with this ‘tactic’, as you call it?

Scott H on June 6, 2012 at 1:20 PM

Carolina21 on June 6, 2012 at 12:15 PM

Steveangell on June 6, 2012 at 12:24 PM

Wow. A meeting of the minds.

Calling a group “attention whores” and then whining when you get called names is not really that bright. It also seems rather emotional and immature.

As for the other fool, agreeing and then name calling right out of the with “Mittbot” really shows what you’re here for and it’s not discussion.

Troll is accurate because neither of you started with any kind of discussion, but with whining and name calling yourselves.

HTH and you’re welcome.

kim roy on June 6, 2012 at 1:20 PM

cynccook on June 6, 2012 at 1:18 PM

And a real woman stands up and fights for what’s right. Cheers.

GeorgieGirl9 on June 6, 2012 at 1:21 PM

It only adds to the ugliness of the rhetoric being thrown by both sides.

Carolina21 on June 6, 2012 at 1:14 PM

LOL I’m guessing that you are very young, sugar plum. Rhetoric isn’t ugly. Rhetoric is just words. This is ugly. And this is ugly.

cynccook on June 6, 2012 at 1:23 PM

The Schaef: There’s a good point you make about why this matters.

Can something have gender without being an organism? Can it have gender without being alive? It’s a very interesting question.

Scott H on June 6, 2012 at 1:23 PM

And a real woman stands up and fights for what’s right. Cheers.

Exactly.

And I stand up and argue my point of view, like a real woman, rather than capitulate because someone else tells me I MUST agree with them about everything regardless of what I truly think.

There are many ways to fight for “what’s right”, and some are not necessarily good and productive tactics.

When you assert that I must accept all tactics as equally worthwhile in order to be considered a “real” woman, you refute the statement I just quoted.

So which is it?

Carolina21 on June 6, 2012 at 1:23 PM

Carolina21 on June 6, 2012 at 1:14 PM

You’re confusing education with politics. The objective here is to undermine the credibility of the abortionists, i.e. Planned Parenthood. Abortion is a political issue and whether the practice increases, decreases or is stopped altogether is a political decision by elected representatives or appointed judges.

Please spare us the “Can’t we tone down the rhetoric?” crap. This is political war. PP and the libs who love them will not stop demonizing you for one second. But you don’t have to respond in kind–just show them up for the liars and the killers they are.

spiritof61 on June 6, 2012 at 1:24 PM

I agree.

Carolina21 on June 6, 2012 at 1:20 PM

What would you do if you saw someone throw a puppy onto a busy freeway. Would you stop? Would you get out of your car? Would you run into traffic?

cynccook on June 6, 2012 at 1:24 PM

“Decimation” is a term that refers to 1-out-of-10 being killed.

The current abortion rate is 22% – 1 out of every 5 babies is chosen for prenatal extermination.

Is there a word for that?

TeresainFortWorth on June 6, 2012 at 1:25 PM

<blockquoteLOL I’m guessing that you are very young, sugar plum. Rhetoric isn’t ugly. Rhetoric is just words.>

Well, princess, I’m in my fifties, the mother of five, and I have four grandchildren.

Let me tell you something about words, cupcake. Words have consequences.

Carolina21 on June 6, 2012 at 1:26 PM