Video: AZ abortion clinics arrange sex-selective abortions

posted at 12:01 pm on June 6, 2012 by Ed Morrissey

Why is the location important?  Arizona is one of only four states that bars sex-selective abortions.  These two Arizona abortion clinics keep telling this Live Action undercover reporter that sex-selective abortion is illegal in Arizona.  And yet, neither of the clinics stop her from pursuing the abortion based on the baby being a girl, but just tell her not to talk about it:

LifeNews also comments on the video:

A third video in a series devoted to exposing how the abortion industry is willing to arrange sex-selection abortions for women who seek them shows two National Abortion Federation-affiliated clinics in Arizona agreeing to break state law and perform an illegal sex-selective abortion.

Live Action has released the third video in the series after two other videos exposed how staff at Planned Parenthood abortion centers agreed to facilitate sex-selection abortions.

The new footage shows two NAF members, Camelback Family Planning in Phoenix and the Tucson Women’s Center in Tucson, promising to ignore the law and perform a sex-selective abortion and coaching a woman to lie on official paperwork to conceal the illegal abortion. …

Not only have the videos implicated Planned Parenthood, the nation’s largest abortion business, they now have show how NAF-affiliated clinics are willing to break the law and arrange sex-selection abortions as well. NAF is the professional trade group for hundreds of abortion clinics not affiliated with Planned Parenthood that operate in the U.S. and Canada. Many NAF board members are current or former Planned Parenthood officials, and Planned Parenthood representatives frequently play a prominent role at NAF annual meetings.

The first video detailed a planned Parenthood staffer at an Austin,Texas facility urging a sex-selection abortion and a second video shows staff at Planned Parenthood’s Margaret Sanger clinic in New York City helping arrange one.

So much for compliance with the law, a trait not often found in abortion clinics when Live Action goes undercover.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

It’s not about PP. It’s about people. And that’s where Lila Rose’s tactics ultimately fail. She’s not about people.

Carolina21 on June 6, 2012 at 7:33 PM

We don’t need Lila Rose to “prove” abortion happens. We know it does. Also, it’s legal. Your analogy doesn’t make any sense.

Carolina21 on June 6, 2012 at 7:43 PM

Lila Rose accounts fetuses babies as the most innocent of people, even if you don’t.

Legality be damned, “Roe vs Wade” is immoral. I and others here are doing everything we know how (which includes arguing about it here) to get “Roe vs Wade” over-thrown/over-turned anyway we can; short of Civil War.

listens2glenn on June 6, 2012 at 9:29 PM

abortion in most any society always seems to become a eugenics program of some sort. the genetically unsound… black babies…female babies…

mittens on June 6, 2012 at 9:50 PM

Carolina21 on June 6, 2012 at 7:33 PM

Thank you, Madame! Thank you. You have made my case for me. Thank you. Not only jealous, but bitterly ignorant to boot.

AubieJon on June 6, 2012 at 9:56 PM

Aubiebooboobaby, you don’t have a case to be made by me or anyone else, much less your own self. You stand for nothing. All you do is bleat away with your mindless groupthink, marching in lockstep with the combox crowd lest you have to actually sacrifice something or do something material to help a single innocent child.

Carolina21 on June 6, 2012 at 11:22 PM

I don’t use the word “fetuses” when referring to unborn children, and I also count them as the most innocent.

So try again. And if all you can come up with is claiming I’m somehow lying about being prolife, then you’ve only proven yourself a troll and a bully who has nothing worthwhile to say.

Carolina21 on June 6, 2012 at 11:26 PM

Carolina21 on June 6, 2012 at 11:26 PM

Nope, I’d still insist that being willing to continue to allow abortion as an option, disqualifies you as being pro-life, and counting babies as real people.

It’s possible that I misunderstood something you said in one of your comments. I’m not perfect, and have backtracked and apologized to other people here at times. But you’re going to have to point out the error.

listens2glenn on June 7, 2012 at 12:03 AM

Um… yeah… what did you think I was opining as the outcome? That’s kind of the point, isn’t it?

You’re right. I probably should have said “nearly every” instead of “every” in order to be fair to people who are not using it as post facto birth control.

Oh wait, that’s exactly what I did.

I don’t know where you’re getting this from, but it’s completely out of left field, and certainly not a realistic assessment of my view. I wonder if you can even point to a spot where I have spoken in violation of my principle about abortion, thus creating the contradiction that leads you to believe I don’t have one.

The Schaef on June 6, 2012 at 4:58 PM

My view is that you show you have fallen into an diversionary, emotional trap by saying it’s somehow less offensive when a woman aborts her fetus w/o knowing its sex than it is when she know its sex before she decides to abort it – whether you like it or not, by bringing that emotional dimension into the mix, you are necessarily valuing one type of selfish abortion over another, even though the fetus ends up dead either way. Great, just great!

It’s like you’re playing a game with abortion, similar to the one Lincoln did with slavery leading up to the Civil War, a stupid tactic on his part which ended up creating a problem which didn’t have to exist (if you wish to argue that the US could not have peacefully ended slavery in this country like the British Empire was able within its territory, I’ll say that you sound like a stereotypically negative, down-on-America Leftist.)

I realize you’ll disagree with me about this, to which I say, if I am wrong in my assessment, why then did you react snarkily to what I said? Are you aware that snark is not a sign that a person is operating from a mature position of strength?

Bizarro No. 1 on June 7, 2012 at 12:38 AM

Well, since I’m not saying that, I guess I didn’t fall into that trap.

It’s like you’re playing a game with abortion

It is not a game when human lives are in the balance. At some point people are going to need to realize that.

Thanks for the psychoanalysis. In your future deliberations, consider the possibility that it could also be a sign of frustration from a person who accuses you of irrational behavior based on assumptions that are easily disproven if one had bothered to read what had already been written.

Or for that matter, responded to questions posed directly in said posts. Like where I am operating from a contradiction that indicates I am not operating from a principled position on abortion.

The Schaef on June 7, 2012 at 6:59 AM

Carolina21 on June 6, 2012 at 11:22 PM

Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you – Dementia!

Talk about lockstep? With you, it’s either YOUR WAY or it’s wrong. As I stated, I agree with you on teaching anyone from childhood up about Christ. I agree with you about ministering to pregnant girls through crisis pregnancy centers. But somehow, that’s the only way as far as you’re concerned. Get your head out of your a$$. You’ll do much more good that way.

AubieJon on June 7, 2012 at 8:49 AM

Oh, so now you’re God Almighty Himself and the Grand Arbiter of who does and who doesn’t “qualify” as pro-life.

Engage in cheap, easy “gotcha” journalism, and you’re pro-life!

Actually give girls an option besides abortion, pay their bills, take them in, help them raise their children, not so much…

Right.

Carolina21 on June 7, 2012 at 9:22 AM

@Aubiewaubiewoobiegetagrownupname:

Your words are all still here. You’re a troll. That’s all you are, all you ever will be. You began with some mentally ill garbled nonsense about Sarah Palin and John McCain (you are aware this is 2012, right…right?) that was so bizarrely off-topic and nonsensical I can only guess your cries of “dementia” are projection on your part.

Carolina21 on June 7, 2012 at 9:26 AM

Carolina21 on June 7, 2012 at 9:26 AM

Okay.

AubieJon on June 7, 2012 at 9:37 AM

Mission poster mission posts. With great concern.

tom daschle concerned on June 7, 2012 at 10:02 AM

Carolina21 on June 6, 2012 at 11:22 PM

Oddly enough my pastor gave this same sermon a seek ago.

tom daschle concerned on June 7, 2012 at 10:09 AM

Doesn’t seem so ‘turn the other cheek’

tom daschle concerned on June 7, 2012 at 10:09 AM

Not exemplifying the golden Rule

tom daschle concerned on June 7, 2012 at 10:10 AM

Holding you to the Alinsky standard.

tom daschle concerned on June 7, 2012 at 10:10 AM

Carolina21 on June 7, 2012 at 9:22 AM

If he’s not careful, he might even end up telling other people whether or not they are being enough like Christ to suit him.

The Schaef on June 7, 2012 at 10:37 AM

The Schaef on June 7, 2012 at 10:37 AM

And if you’re not careful, you might even end up telling other people whether or not they’re being enough like Lila Rose to suit you.

See how that works?

But you don’t really stand for anything. You just like to pick apart arguments, regardless of what they’re for or against.

There’s nothing sadder than a person who stands for nothing at all. Nothing sadder and nothing more pointless.

Carolina21 on June 7, 2012 at 10:43 AM

Someone has to say it, “please stop feeding the troll”. Let it slither off to where ever it came from.

GeorgieGirl9 on June 7, 2012 at 10:59 AM

GeorgieGirl9 on June 7, 2012 at 10:59 AM

This from the person who is so cavalier about human life she doesn’t consider anyone who disagrees with her a “real” human. Right.

Why don’t you slither back to your abortionist pals, dear? You have so much more in common with them than you do those who respect ALL life.

Carolina21 on June 7, 2012 at 11:03 AM

GeorgieGirl9 on June 7, 2012 at 10:59 AM

It’s actually become interesting to watch her contradict herself within the same posting, but I agree.

AubieJon on June 7, 2012 at 11:04 AM

See how that works?

No, I don’t see how that works, because you cannot point to a single place in this thread where I compared the actions of anyone against the example of Ms. Rose.

I don’t “like” to pick apart arguments. I just don’t like poor arguments and hypocritical criticism.

There is one thing sadder. People who make baseless value judgements about other people and then use that to marginalize their opinion rather than engaging them in a real discussion. You’ve grumbled (rightly) about people disenfranchising your opinion by dehumanization, but every time I turn around you’re tearing down someone else. I can’t even find the last time you had a kind word to say to anybody.

The Schaef on June 7, 2012 at 11:16 AM

Yes. Exactly.

But, of course, I’m supposed to let people say the nastiest things possible about me, especially regarding a matter that’s very dear to me, very close to home, and that’s okay — that’s just fine — until I give them back what they’ve been handing me. Then it’s bad. Right.

Carolina21 on June 7, 2012 at 11:40 AM

Here is a question. Why would you make this sarcastic response towards me immediately after I said you were right to protest the way you were being treated by others? Is there some kind of reason you have interpreted my words contrary to what I have told you directly, and are preferring your invention to my reality?

The Schaef on June 7, 2012 at 12:09 PM

Not to mention, I have said none of those things about you, and yet here you are treating me the same as they.

The Schaef on June 7, 2012 at 12:09 PM

Scroll up and read your own words about frustration. Apply here.

Or don’t.

Whatever.

Carolina21 on June 7, 2012 at 12:12 PM

Lila Rose is an embarrassment to the pro-life movement, IMO, and comes off as little more than a typical attention whore.

Carolina21 on June 6, 2012 at 12:10 PM

Please remind me: Who started the negative attack in this thread? No one had said anything to you or about you until your first post. Your first posting on this thread was completely unprovoked. Your argument with Lila Rose is because she doesn’t do something the way you would. That’s your entire complaint. You’ve been asked to prove that her actions don’t lead to fewer abortions or to women changing their minds about abortion, and you’ve failed to do it.

From the very start, your use of the term “attention whore” marked you as jealous. Get over it.

AubieJon on June 7, 2012 at 12:56 PM

Scroll up and read your own words about frustration. Apply here.

Or don’t.

Whatever.

Carolina21 on June 7, 2012 at 12:12 PM

It’s like you have some kind of strange aversion to answering direct questions. This is very simple. You claim that the reason for the way you treat me is because of nasty things said about you, especially regarding yadda yadda whatever. I have not said those things about you. Therefore you are tearing me down for reasons that don’t apply to my behavior.

Likewise, you sarcastically suggest I approve of other people treating you poorly but disapprove of you treating other people poorly. BEFORE you made this suggestion, I DIRECTLY stated the opposite. So your suggestion was untrue before you even uttered it.

I asked you to be fair and honest. I guess “whatever” is supposed to be the best response I can hope for.

The Schaef on June 7, 2012 at 1:02 PM

Yep.

But I’m sure you can have a long, well-reasoned,ah,”discussion” with AubieYoYo there.

You two deserve each other.

Carolina21 on June 7, 2012 at 1:05 PM

Thank you, at least, for being honest at last about your motives.

The Schaef on June 7, 2012 at 1:10 PM

Carolina21 on June 7, 2012 at 1:05 PM

Okay.

AubieJon on June 7, 2012 at 1:16 PM

Carolina21 on June 6, 2012 at 12:10 PM

Actually, not okay. This is how you started your portion of this thread. Lila Rose has shown the light of truth on the abortion industry and Planned Parenthood in particular. Has she done more to fight abortion or to save the unborn than you have? Who knows? But what she has done is out there and cannot be changed, no matter what you or anyone else has written in this thread. No matter how much longer you make this thread, there’s nothing you can do about it or top it, and that fact galls you to no end.

Now, you’ll doubtless respond with more baseless drivel. Drivel away.

AubieJon on June 7, 2012 at 1:26 PM

*shone*

… cause it’s a light, and stuff…

/homophone nazi

The Schaef on June 7, 2012 at 1:29 PM

The Schaef on June 7, 2012 at 1:29 PM

You are correct. Thanks.

AubieJon on June 7, 2012 at 1:31 PM

Nope, I’d still insist that being willing to continue to allow abortion as an option, disqualifies you as being pro-life, and as counting babies as real people.

listens2glenn on June 7, 2012 at 12:03 AM

Engage in cheap, easy “gotcha” journalism, and you’re pro-life!

Carolina21 on June 7, 2012 at 9:22 AM

I make no such grandiose claims, but I guess I’m flattered.

Nothing I said constituted “cheap, easy gotcha” anything.

Right.

Carolina21 on June 7, 2012 at 9:22 AM

Would it make any difference to you if anyone here provided notarized documentation proving that they own and run a halfway-house for unwed mothers?
I don’t own such a facility, but I’m not going to accept that as a valid grounds-basis for changing my mind to “tolerate some abortions”.

I have engaged in charity work for unwed mothers, but what if I hadn’t? That’s not going to disqualify anyone as being legitimately anti-abortion. Except in your mind, that is.

listens2glenn on June 7, 2012 at 9:49 PM