Chuck Lane: Is anyone going to apologize for demonizing Scott Walker?

posted at 9:31 pm on June 6, 2012 by Allahpundit

Based on Twitter reaction, I’m going to guess no. But he’s speaking rhetorically here, of course. The point isn’t to ask for an apology that’ll never come, it’s to remind the left that they were the ones who framed this as an argument over who really speaks for “the people.” Last night, that argument was finally settled.

This is what democracy looks like:

This rhetoric wasn’t just hyperbolic. It was strategically suicidal. The unions and their various apologists whipped progressive Wisconsin into such a frenzy — falsely claiming, for example, that Walker was about to unleash the National Guard — that the anti-Walker forces could no longer perceive political reality…

It turns out that noisy demonstrations, swollen by such people’s tribunes as the University of Wisconsin teaching assistants union, do not represent public opinion in the state as a whole. The purported tyrant of Madison actually enjoyed the support of a solid majority of Wisconsinites — just as he did in November 2010, when he was first elected. The unions’ claim to represent the “people” and the “middle class” stands exposed as propaganda. Even a third of voters who live in union-member households backed Walker.

But Walker bought the election with corporate money from out of state! Of all the excuses being offered today, this is the most pathetic. Of course Walker exploited existing state campaign-finance law to raise as much money as possible wherever he could. What the heck did his opponents expect him to do? Unilaterally disarm?…

But Walker’s critics were right about one thing: democracy was at issue in this struggle. What they got wrong is which side was actually upholding democratic values.

Follow the link to see what he means by that last bit. Spoiler alert: He’s in sync with Mickey Kaus, another Democrat who’s squeamish about the power of public employee unions because they’re a cancer on the progressive paradigm of clean, efficient, effective government. If you’re a believer in using state power to do good, then you probably don’t want to vote for letting the state get captured by union rent-seekers who’ll bleed it of ever larger amounts of tax revenue. If, however, you believe that the state can only do good with Democrats in office and that the only way to keep Democrats in office is to make sure PEUs keep them flush with kickbacks in the form of campaign donations, then yeah, obviously Scott Walker is Hitler. The Democratic vote last night was transparently all about making sure that a key client can continue to raid the public treasury so that some of their take can continue to be diverted to left-wing candidates. That’s the price they’re willing to pay for, ahem, “clean, effective, efficient government.”

Lane makes an excellent point too about the strategic propulsion of the left’s anti-Walker hyperbole. Don’t overlook that as an answer to the question befuddling some Dems today about why they went ahead with this dumb recall in the first place. How could they have refused? They had a big Two Minutes Hate outside the capitol last year that was their first show of strength since getting wiped out in the midterms. They convinced themselves that they were dealing with the Grim Reaper of the blue social model even though Walker’s reforms were relatively mild and probably won’t be followed with any further dramatic moves (at least in the near term). So they decided they had to beat him, and they failed, and now they’ve built him up to the point where he kind of is the Grim Reaper of the blue social model — symbolically, as an example to other fiscal conservatives of what’s possible in an America that’s watching Greece with dread. They sailed a sea of venom all the way to defeat. No wonder there’s so much schadenfreude on the right today.

Via the Daily Caller, here’s a little man-on-the-street tribute to cancer survivor — and now recall survivor — Rebecca Kleefisch. Content warning.

Comments

Fleebaggers…

Electrongod on June 6, 2012 at 9:33 PM

Run!!!!!

That’s the answer…

Get the F*ck out!

What a bunch of asswipes…

Electrongod on June 6, 2012 at 9:35 PM

The minute I see him on the street, he’s my new hobby.

MadisonConservative on June 6, 2012 at 9:36 PM

The new tone…

BREAKING: ANARCHISTS TAKE TO STREETS IN MILWAUKEE

idesign on June 6, 2012 at 9:36 PM

Run!!!!!

That’s the answer…

Get the F*ck out!

What a bunch of $$swipes…

*sorry AP….I changed a few letters to get this past moderation.*

Electrongod on June 6, 2012 at 9:36 PM

I will right after you are done sucking me off sis.

Uppereastside on June 6, 2012 at 12:35 PM

rogerb on June 6, 2012 at 9:37 PM

Are you serious?

spiritof61 on June 6, 2012 at 9:37 PM

I will right after you are done sucking me off sis.

Uppereastside on June 6, 2012 at 12:35 PM

rogerb on June 6, 2012 at 9:37 PM

He’s….(She’s…depending on evolveness..) is a frekin moron..

Electrongod on June 6, 2012 at 9:39 PM

Children never apologize, even when the parents force them it’s not authentic.

leftnomore on June 6, 2012 at 9:39 PM

The new tone…

BREAKING: ANARCHISTS TAKE TO STREETS IN MILWAUKEE

idesign on June 6, 2012 at 9:36 PM

Since when was Che Guevara an anarchist?

Anarchists, my ass. Real anarchists would consider the guy cutting government to be closer to their interests.

MadisonConservative on June 6, 2012 at 9:40 PM

Tambourines? Really? ROFL

As for the tough-guy turd wearing the All Stars, time to join the human race.

Bishop on June 6, 2012 at 9:41 PM

“No Pasaran”–slogan of the Spanish Communist Party during the Civil War in 1936.

spiritof61 on June 6, 2012 at 9:41 PM

Chuck Lane: Is anyone going to apologize for demonizing Scott Walker?

Is he11 about to freeze over?

SWalker on June 6, 2012 at 9:42 PM

Children never apologize, even when the parents force them it’s not authentic.

leftnomore on June 6, 2012 at 9:39 PM

The parents can make it authentic by making them sorry.

And this is experience speaking. I can STILL feel that spanking.

MelonCollie on June 6, 2012 at 9:42 PM

Fleebaggers…

Electrongod on June 6, 2012 at 9:33 PM

That episode was astonishing. I’ll never forget it.

Democrats = Fleecebaggers.

Cody1991 on June 6, 2012 at 9:43 PM

I used to be a Teamster. The industry I was in is on it’s deathbed: Freight. Not once did I ever hear threats of bodily harm from union members toward the company, or vice-versa. Had that happened I would have called the police and expected some sort of criminal harassment charges to be filed. Or at the very least, some job firings.

This is nothing short of criminal. Why is this allowed to continue. Does it come to a point where one of these scumbags threatens me on my own doorstep and I am not allowed to protect my self?

What has this nation become?

oldroy on June 6, 2012 at 9:43 PM

Chuck Lane: Is anyone going to apologize for demonizing Scott Walker?

I seriously doubt it, considering they are now taking their anger against Walker out on…wait for it…Sarah Palin.

Flora Duh on June 6, 2012 at 9:43 PM

The minute I see him on the street, he’s my new hobby.

MadisonConservative on June 6, 2012 at 9:36 PM

I’m afraid you’d have to do some pretty distasteful infiltrating to share the same airspace with that particular gentleman.

cynccook on June 6, 2012 at 9:44 PM

that the anti-Walker forces could no longer perceive political reality…

rarely has a truth like that been printed.

Lane has gotten uneasy before with the vile part of the Dim party, when the left/press was mocking Santo for cuddling their dead child after he was born…since, well, he and his wife had the same experience

the left are generally vile people, unrestrained by any manners or civility

r keller on June 6, 2012 at 9:44 PM

Is he11 about to freeze over?

SWalker on June 6, 2012 at 9:42 PM

Moochelle’s reservation is a bit out…

*this will not come back to haunt me*

16 Ounces or Bust..

Electrongod on June 6, 2012 at 9:44 PM

The minute I see him on the street, he’s my new hobby.

MadisonConservative on June 6, 2012 at 9:36 PM

Not much of a hobby. At least its a hobby that won’t take too much time out of your day. ; )

Bmore on June 6, 2012 at 9:44 PM

At least he wasn’t threatening the POTUS. Otherwise that kind of talk could get him in trouble with the U.S. Secret Service.

listens2glenn on June 6, 2012 at 9:45 PM

…who was that? …liveoffUordie…Upyerassideways or DumbBear?

KOOLAID2 on June 6, 2012 at 9:45 PM

I will right after you are done sucking me off sis.

Uppereastside on June 6, 2012 at 12:35 PM
rogerb on June 6, 2012 at 9:37 PM

I cannot believe that they didn’t ban that creep.

cynccook on June 6, 2012 at 9:45 PM

I will right after you are done sucking me off sis.

Uppereastside on June 6, 2012 at 12:35 PM

rogerb on June 6, 2012 at 9:37 PM

*Clink!* and ; )

Bmore on June 6, 2012 at 9:47 PM

Unhinged fool. Must be a member of the Univ. Of Wisconsin faculty. Likely a Professor of English Studies. Department Head, by the sound of him.

pat on June 6, 2012 at 9:47 PM

The minute I see him on the street, he’s my new hobby.

MadisonConservative on June 6, 2012 at 9:36 PM

I’d offer to share the cost of the taxidermist with you but to make that thing suitable for hanging would be expensive.

teejk on June 6, 2012 at 9:48 PM

The minute I see him on the street, he’s my new hobby.

MadisonConservative on June 6, 2012 at 9:36 PM

Bmore on June 6, 2012 at 9:44 PM

…he was considerate enough to wear a hankie…so you could staunch the blood…till EMS arrives!

KOOLAID2 on June 6, 2012 at 9:49 PM

*Clink!* and ; )

Bmore on June 6, 2012 at 9:47 PM

THIS…

Suck is not enough….

Electrongod on June 6, 2012 at 9:49 PM

It wasn’t specifically said in here, but when is someone going to call out Jackson and Sharpton by name. I’m sick of those 2 pieces of sh*t in particular screaming racism about everything. The term racism doesn’t even mean a damn thing anymore as much as these 2 a-holes cry wolf.

gsherin on June 6, 2012 at 9:50 PM

The new tone…

BREAKING: ANARCHISTS TAKE TO STREETS IN MILWAUKEE

idesign on June 6, 2012 at 9:36 PM

Since when was Che Guevara an anarchist?

MadisonConservative on June 6, 2012 at 9:40 PM

Given what has happened to Milwaukee under Barrett I don’t get why anarchists would want him gone- he has helped the city slip further into their desired “utopia,” at least once the police start accurately reporting crimes it seems- maybe the just missed that the police stats were found to be as substantive as unicorns riding rainbows or the reliability of exit polls.

Betenoire on June 6, 2012 at 9:51 PM

That bozo would actually clean up nicely, starting with his soul.

leftnomore on June 6, 2012 at 9:52 PM

I will right after you are done sucking me off sis.

Uppereastside on June 6, 2012 at 12:35 PM
rogerb on June 6, 2012 at 9:37 PM

I cannot believe that they didn’t ban that creep.

cynccook on June 6, 2012 at 9:45 PM

…I think…because there’s probably not enough there to work up a spittle!

KOOLAID2 on June 6, 2012 at 9:53 PM

Chuck Lane: Is anyone going to apologize for demonizing Scott Walker?

Since the word apologize does not exist in the liberal’s language, no.

rukiddingme on June 6, 2012 at 9:53 PM

Nice teeth, loser.

jaime on June 6, 2012 at 9:54 PM

This story won’t be complete until I hear from the walrus that was camping in the Madison Capitol during the greedy-union protests. Anyone?

slickwillie2001 on June 6, 2012 at 9:55 PM

No wonder there’s so much schadenfreude on the right today.

And just a slight hangover…

… but I still had a smile on my face all day long!

*clink*

Seven Percent Solution on June 6, 2012 at 9:56 PM

Is he11 about to freeze over?

SWalker on June 6, 2012 at 9:42 PM

Moochelle’s reservation is a bit out…

*this will not come back to haunt me*

16 Ounces or Bust..

Electrongod on June 6, 2012 at 9:44 PM

Personally I find it utterly uncanny how little Michell resembles Jackie O, I mean, it’s almost like not looking the two of them in a mirror.

SWalker on June 6, 2012 at 9:56 PM

Nice teeth, loser.

jaime on June 6, 2012 at 9:54 PM

They’re not his.

de rigueur on June 6, 2012 at 9:56 PM

well, how sweet is this…a little hacker feels bad about hacking into Romney’s email

“I engaged in an egregious violation of another persons privacy, a violation made all the worse by way of your being a public figure who has so little privacy to begin with, a figure for whom what privacy can be found is doubtless a valuable gift,” the hacker said. “A gift I took away. For this I am sorry. When I hacked in it struck me as funny at first, but now… I have never felt as bad about something I have done as I feel right now.”

well, i guess his mommy would be proud that he fessed up…what a kid!

r keller on June 6, 2012 at 10:00 PM

SWalker on June 6, 2012 at 9:56 PM

Electrongod on June 6, 2012 at 10:00 PM

They’re not his.

de rigueur on June 6, 2012 at 9:56 PM

He stole them from his gramma?

jaime on June 6, 2012 at 10:00 PM

Suck is not enough….

Electrongod on June 6, 2012 at 9:49 PM

He’ll get there. They always do. We all know how it will end. Besides I could use a nice breeze summer is finally getting here. rogerb is fast becoming one of my favs. ; ) He has been putting it to him. : )

Bmore on June 6, 2012 at 10:00 PM

Dang split wink. ; ) Preview lies.

Bmore on June 6, 2012 at 10:01 PM

Charles Lane is absolutely right.

Terrye on June 6, 2012 at 10:01 PM

KOOLAID2 on June 6, 2012 at 9:49 PM

Good point.

Bmore on June 6, 2012 at 10:02 PM

Nice teeth, loser.

jaime on June 6, 2012 at 9:54 PM

They’re not his.

de rigueur on June 6, 2012 at 9:56 PM

Imagine how butt hurt and offended he is going to be when he finds out that threatening the life of an elected official is a major felony that you go to prison for decades over.

SWalker on June 6, 2012 at 10:03 PM

I will right after you are done sucking me off sis.

Uppereastside on June 6, 2012 at 12:35 PM

rogerb on June 6, 2012 at 9:37 PM

The original post is missing; hopefully the poster is also missing henceforth.

Who is John Galt on June 6, 2012 at 10:04 PM

He stole them from his gramma?

jaime on June 6, 2012 at 10:00 PM

Meth caps.

de rigueur on June 6, 2012 at 10:04 PM

I will right after you are done sucking me off sis.

Uppereastside on June 6, 2012 at 12:35 PM

rogerb on June 6, 2012 at 9:37 PM

The original post is missing; hopefully the poster is also missing henceforth.

Who is John Galt on June 6, 2012 at 10:04 PM

That’s usually what that means.

SWalker on June 6, 2012 at 10:05 PM

SWalker on June 6, 2012 at 10:03 PM

He’ll get a better set of teeth. At taxpayer expense.

de rigueur on June 6, 2012 at 10:05 PM

Civility Hitler is the Dems way of saying they’re sorry.

profitsbeard on June 6, 2012 at 10:05 PM

Is anyone going to apologize for demonizing Scott Walker?

Of course not. Liberals/Progressives never “apologize.”

To do so would illustrate the vapidity of their arguments, the coarseness of their dialogue and the bankruptcy of their ideas.

These are the folks who still would like to lynch Walker. Romney, too.

The same people who see nothing wrong at all with having illegals vote, or union thugs intimidate workers, and pay-to-play being the new norm in the Nation’s capital.

The same ilk that would rather see this Nation destroyed rather than admit to error.

If they had any tiny bit of decency and honor, they’d be marching on Washington right now, demanding the impeachment of President Obama for war crimes, among other high crimes and misdemeanors…they’d be demanding his head on a platter for his continued conduct of a so-called illegal war, his spending of billions of taxpayer dollars to reward friends and supporters…or his Department of Justice being about anything but the rule of law and jurisprudence.

Not gonna happen, either…they have no decency nor honor…that stuff is for chumps out in fly-over America where we cling to our Bibles and guns and demand respect for our Constitution.

They set the tone long long ago…Grant Park, Chicago, was the watershed.

There is no going back.

coldwarrior on June 6, 2012 at 10:06 PM

What has this nation become?

oldroy on June 6, 2012 at 9:43 PM

Scardycat Pantiewaists.

Who is John Galt on June 6, 2012 at 10:07 PM

That’s usually what that means.

SWalker on June 6, 2012 at 10:05 PM

Does just the offending post disappear, or everything he ever posted? Like out-of-favor Politburo members airbrushed out of the May Day Parade reviewing stand photos.

de rigueur on June 6, 2012 at 10:07 PM

The original post is missing; hopefully the poster is also missing henceforth.

Who is John Galt on June 6, 2012 at 10:04 PM

Dang, Kool is gonna be bummed. Did you see this Kool?

Bmore on June 6, 2012 at 10:07 PM

The minute I see him on the street, he’s my new hobby.

MadisonConservative on June 6, 2012 at 9:36 PM

See him?…go find him MC.

bernzright777 on June 6, 2012 at 10:07 PM

Meth caps.

de rigueur on June 6, 2012 at 10:04 PM

Now that I look a little closer I see you are right. Meth caps.

jaime on June 6, 2012 at 10:08 PM

SWalker on June 6, 2012 at 10:03 PM

He’ll get a better set of teeth. At taxpayer expense.

de rigueur on June 6, 2012 at 10:05 PM

Yes, but only after his new best friend and cell mate Bubba knocks out all of those he still has left to prevent scratching and biting when he is performing his new wifely duties.

SWalker on June 6, 2012 at 10:08 PM

Lanceman is really gonna take this news hard. Should we tell Lanceman? ; )

Bmore on June 6, 2012 at 10:08 PM

That’s usually what that means.

SWalker on June 6, 2012 at 10:05 PM

de rigueur on June 6, 2012 at 10:07 PM

I’m not sure, I think it usually is just the offending post.

SWalker on June 6, 2012 at 10:10 PM

de rigueur on June 6, 2012 at 10:07 PM

I’ve only seen that happen once. An asshole from LGF came over late one night and left some offensive comments. In the morning Ed erased all traces of the individual. Every comment ever made.

jaime on June 6, 2012 at 10:13 PM

There is no going back.

coldwarrior on June 6, 2012 at 10:06 PM

Well said, Sir, well said.

Where is Code Pink protesting drone strikes?

Where is CNN decrying the clear political thrust of this DOJ?

Not to mention…well, you know, way too many impeachable things to type.

Let’s just flush the turd and, in the new sense of “civility”, move on to fix things and let history write the verdict.

Who is John Galt on June 6, 2012 at 10:14 PM

They never apologize mostly cuz noone ever holds them accountable. Meanwhile if R is BFE North Dakota remotely says something stupid the media will ask Romney or other big name R about it. Pretty accusing them of sympathizing with something bad that they have never heard about.

gsherin on June 6, 2012 at 10:16 PM

de rigueur on June 6, 2012 at 10:07 PM

My response was either unsuitable for public consumption or it’s being moderated. Anyway, I’ve only seen it happen that way once.

jaime on June 6, 2012 at 10:16 PM

They sailed a sea of venom all the way to defeat.

That right there is poetry.

GrannyDee on June 6, 2012 at 10:16 PM

The original post is missing; hopefully the poster is also missing henceforth.

Who is John Galt on June 6, 2012 at 10:04 PM

Odd. I’m still showing it (the link is in my 9:37 post above). Pressed F5/refresh a few times and it’s still there as of 10:15pm.

I agree with the latter part of your post, and I’m still terribly amused that he pushed the anti-R “War on Women” propaganda so hard. Oopsies!

rogerb on June 6, 2012 at 10:17 PM

cynccook on June 6, 2012 at 9:44 PM

Looks like he was on the corner of the Capitol Square, right in the middle of downtown. Far from the only fruitcake you’d find at any given time down there…and probably not the only dangerous one.

MadisonConservative on June 6, 2012 at 10:17 PM

jaime on June 6, 2012 at 10:13 PM

jaime on June 6, 2012 at 10:16 PM

You’re good. Moderators liked your characterization.

de rigueur on June 6, 2012 at 10:19 PM

Hey, trendy anarchist vagrant dudes, just for gits & shiggles, put the mustache on Axelrod and see what you get.

zenron on June 6, 2012 at 10:22 PM

MadisonConservative on June 6, 2012 at 10:17 PM

My guess is he’d cry if you stepped on his Converses.

de rigueur on June 6, 2012 at 10:23 PM

Dang, Kool is gonna be bummed. Did you see this Kool?

Bmore on June 6, 2012 at 10:07 PM

…there’s more where that came from!

Lanceman is really gonna take this news hard. Should we tell Lanceman? ; )

Bmore on June 6, 2012 at 10:08 PM

…I think Lanceman maybe out looking for Madison’s hobby…to see if the guy can eat his earrings while they are still attached!

KOOLAID2 on June 6, 2012 at 10:23 PM

to see if the guy can eat his earrings while they are still attached!

KOOLAID2 on June 6, 2012 at 10:23 PM

LOL!

Bmore on June 6, 2012 at 10:26 PM

I think it’s time for our illustrious free press to start asking union leaders and Democrats, what they plan on doing to bring about reconciliation with Republicans. I’m personally annoyed at the press for talking about how it’s the responsibility of Governor Walker to bring the 2 sides together. It’s the responsiblity of the Democrat leadership to acknowledge that they’ve been extremely divisive this past year and to vow to try and work with the governor and Republicans to solve the problems of the State of Wisconsin.

Now that would be a start. I don’t expect it to happen and I don’t expect the media to do their job either.

bflat879 on June 6, 2012 at 10:28 PM

bflat879 on June 6, 2012 at 10:28 PM

That’ll happen about the same time Jackson and Sharpton stop throwing about more dumb@ss race accusations or apologize for the false ones they constantly raise.

gsherin on June 6, 2012 at 10:33 PM

The minute I see him on the street, he’s my new hobby.

Tune him up good, Homes. He needs it bad.

Jaibones on June 6, 2012 at 10:35 PM

The minute I see him on the street, he’s my new hobby.

MadisonConservative on June 6, 2012 at 9:36 PM

Marry me.

Ygritte on June 6, 2012 at 10:38 PM

Can someone apologize for these outraged, cheesehead OWSers?

bloggless on June 6, 2012 at 10:42 PM

This’ll make your blood boil. A vet dared to protest among the thugs and he gets hauled away.

CW on June 6, 2012 at 10:49 PM

SWalker on June 6, 2012 at 10:03 PM

Nah. Wisconsin police and DOJ – state employee union members. It seems that virtually none of the criminals in this play have been touched by the WI-Dems’ pet law enforcement charade.

Jaibones on June 6, 2012 at 10:57 PM

rogerb on June 6, 2012 at 10:17 PM

Ahh, it was posted on another thread? Your link isn’t to this thread (at least not visible to me on this thread) so I hope he was banished.

But we usually get a post from the banish-er about the banish-ee, so we may suffer more posts from….uppyerasssideways? (as someone here hilariously calls it).

I hope not. It adds nothing to the site, not even page-hits.

Who is John Galt on June 6, 2012 at 11:01 PM

Umm, I think Progressives start out no longer perceiving political reality. It’s part and parcel of the definition. The unions and other Leftist special interest groups merely take advantage of it.

Cleombrotus on June 7, 2012 at 12:14 AM

MSLSD apologizing in 5… 4… 3…

Khun Joe on June 7, 2012 at 1:01 AM

The Troll is still with us. So is libfree. Unfortunately.

kingsjester on June 7, 2012 at 8:07 AM

The battle is over and now you want to bayonet the wounded. Let them bleed to death. It’s more fun that way.

Finbar on June 7, 2012 at 9:26 AM

I will right after you are done sucking me off sis.

Uppereastside on June 6, 2012 at 12:35 PM
rogerb on June 6, 2012 at 9:37 PM

I cannot believe that they didn’t ban that creep.

cynccook on June 6, 2012 at 9:45 PM

The Troll is still with us. So is libfree. Unfortunately.

kingsjester on June 7, 2012 at 8:07 AM

Oh, don’t you worry. Uppereastside’s day is coming. It’s only a matter of time. Every troll on this board has gotten banned eventually. They can’t help it.

CurtZHP on June 7, 2012 at 10:31 AM

The hate-Palin crowd is stirred up once more, revealing their ignorance in new and exciting ways.

The brain-lock these folks live within is interesting, if nothing else. They spew at Palin, calling her a bad sport for still being around (or for still breathing) after “she lost in 2008″, while in the midst of wailing and gnashing their teeth about losing Tuesday. As always, liberals want it both ways, and are incapable of seeing any hypocrisy or irony in their words or deeds.

Freelancer on June 7, 2012 at 11:50 AM

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. Is anyone going to send the unions a bill for the damages to the State House buildings when they protested last year that amounted into the millions? Oh, I guess the taxpayers will be billed for the damages caused by the unions.

mixplix on June 7, 2012 at 5:12 PM