Statistical analysis: Nearly 95% chance of Scott Walker victory tomorrow? Update: Obama sends message of support for Barrett — via tweet

posted at 7:07 pm on June 4, 2012 by Allahpundit

I know, I know: “Don’t jinx it.” I have so few moments of unbridled optimism, though. Let me enjoy this one.

I added a question mark in the headline because Nate Silver’s not quite throwing his full weight behind the numbers. He’s using his 2010 gubernatorial model, but the dynamics of a standard gubernatorial election two years ago aren’t quite the same as they are in a recall election today. So there’s your caveat.

But it’s a small one:

Although the contest is fairly close, polls of gubernatorial races are ordinarily quite reliable in the late stages of a race. We have not officially released a forecast for the race, but Mr. Walker’s lead of about six points would translate into almost a 95 percent chance of victory if we used the same formula we did to evaluate gubernatorial races in 2010, which derives its estimates from the historical accuracy of gubernatorial polls over the past 15 years…

It could be that Mr. Barrett does overperform his polls, but not by enough to win. A benchmark for a superior turnout operation is that it might typically be worth an additional two or three points – fewer than the six points by which he now trails Mr. Walker in the average of surveys.

Nor do the polls seem to be suggesting that Mr. Walker will win because of lopsided turnout. Instead, the same polls that show Mr. Walker with a six-point lead also show President Obama ahead by about the same margin in his matchup against Mitt Romney.

This suggests that it would be dubious to come to too many conclusions about what Tuesday’s outcome could mean for November.

Yeah, I’m also skeptical that The One is doomed if Wisconsin comes through for Walker tomorrow night. In fact, watch his interview with Cavuto from this afternoon below and you’ll see that Neil puts a question to him about precisely that subject. How come the polls show Walker poised for a momentous victory, and yet the same polls show Obama leading Romney in Wisconsin? His answer: Wisconsinites tend to vote for the person, not the party. Whether that’s true or not, Walker evidently takes the data showing a preference for O seriously. Doesn’t mean Mitt can’t win there in November. Just means, I think, that it’s still a longshot, albeit maybe not quite as long as it used to be.

Don’t hold me to what I just said tomorrow night if Walker wins, though, as I want to dance in the end zone and speculate about a big red national wave as much as you do. Exit quotation: “To me, this victory tomorrow would be a victory for everyone across the country, in a local government, in a state government, and even those people like my friend [Rep.] Paul Ryan in Washington, who’s trying to do equally as courageous things. It would be a victory to say that voters really do mean it when they say that they want us to take on the tough issues.”

Update: If this is the closest The One wants to get to Wisconsin, I’m thinking the odds of Walker winning are probably closer to 100 percent.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Here’s good luck to you, Scott.

Philly on June 4, 2012 at 7:09 PM

Bob Beckel called you a union-buster and a sham.

John the Libertarian on June 4, 2012 at 7:09 PM

No cheering until the vote is called. These kind of predictions just jinx things up.

andy85719 on June 4, 2012 at 7:09 PM

Oh, Baby!

Paul-Cincy on June 4, 2012 at 7:09 PM

What time do the polls close 7 or 8?

I hope he just crushes him. Scott Walker is the future of our party.

gophergirl on June 4, 2012 at 7:09 PM

Pardon my smugness.

Told ya. Told ya weeks ago. Told ya months ago.

Told ya. :)

MadisonConservative on June 4, 2012 at 7:10 PM

Double digits baby…

right2bright on June 4, 2012 at 7:11 PM

OT: Castro’s daughter announces full-throated support for Obama.

andy85719 on June 4, 2012 at 7:11 PM

I do believe a victory tomorrow night will be worth a visit from Humpbot….

If Team Walker loses….I dunno, do we have nuclear holocaust face-melting bunny movie??

powerpickle on June 4, 2012 at 7:14 PM

Poor, Allah. Tries to be enthusiastic and up-beat and gets tarred as an Eeyore anyway.

The War Planner on June 4, 2012 at 7:16 PM

1st….there are more people being recalled than Walker. 4 State senators..only one has to lose to lose the senate for Rs.

then there’s the Lt. Gov.

the left/dims are fighting tooth and nail on all fronts…even one victory and they’ll be dancin in the streets

2…but it was sweet to hear KP say that it was unfortunate that the recall is happening at this time.

rich, KP, rich

r keller on June 4, 2012 at 7:17 PM

This article TOTALLY jinxes tomorrow’s election.

Now all of the voting booths will malfunction and shred any ballots for Scott Walker while carefully processing ones for Barret….meanwhile all 12 polling monitors will suddenly wake up severely ill and unable to monitor for voting fraud.

Yup…The String of bad luck is set in stone with this “Slap yourself on the back before the voting ever began yet” article.

just kidding:-)

Varchild on June 4, 2012 at 7:18 PM

I hear the DOJ is going over to Wisconsin to bring in boxes full of ballots monitor the vote.

RedRedRice on June 4, 2012 at 7:19 PM

I can sympathize Allah. I’m a Debbie Downer myself. Have been called that a few times by those who know me best. So, I’m cautiously optimistic going into this, although on the inside I’m jumping up and down with excitement!!

Walker’s going to win! I think.

NYconservative on June 4, 2012 at 7:19 PM

Did Silver factor in all the cheating that the desperate Dims are certain to engage in?

AZCoyote on June 4, 2012 at 7:19 PM

This means given 20 similar situations, we can expect Walker to lose in about 1. Wisconsin voters, make sure it’s not that 1!

I think perhaps there’s a percent of Democrat voters who actually have some class and while they may not agree with Walker, don’t like the idea of recalling him before his term is finished. My guess is this would be a lot closer if it were a normal election.

NukeRidingCowboy on June 4, 2012 at 7:20 PM

Any word on the Lt. Governor race. It’s critical.

patch on June 4, 2012 at 7:20 PM

What time do the polls close 7 or 8?

I hope he just crushes him. Scott Walker is the future of our party.

gophergirl on June 4, 2012 at 7:09 PM

Polls close at 8…

Getting popcorn for tommorow’s QOTD..:)

idesign on June 4, 2012 at 7:22 PM

RedRedRice on June 4, 2012 at 7:19 PM

Yes, Holder’s DOJ lawyers will be on hand to make sure all the votes from dead voters, illegal alien voters, fictional character voters, etc. are counted . . . several times.

AZCoyote on June 4, 2012 at 7:22 PM

Grrr… I just don’t like the idea of this being called a ‘statistical analysis’.

It it’s nearly 95%, that means it’s under 95%. If it’s under 95%, I would like to know what statistical confidence they’ve been using on their polls until now.

Sorry, but I am more or less a statistician these days, and these kinds of words really bug me.

Scott H on June 4, 2012 at 7:22 PM

Think of all the starving children with leprosy they could have fed with those wasted recall dollars. Why does the DNC hate starving children with leprosy? So much hate.

stout77 on June 4, 2012 at 7:22 PM

Bob Beckel called you a union-buster and a sham.

John the Libertarian on June 4, 2012 at 7:09 PM

The Governor should consider that a badge of honor.

Flora Duh on June 4, 2012 at 7:23 PM

in that poll the WI numbers had 3% undec. in the obama/romney numbers there were approx 10% undec. with obama (i believe under 50). if 80% of the undec go to romney, then this poll actually does scream WI is in play. that extra 6-7% of undec are obama 08 voters who are now NOT saying they will vote for him. and are persuadable, and still trying to work thru the ‘how did i screw up so bad” stage. before they flip. its all good.

t8stlikchkn on June 4, 2012 at 7:23 PM

DWS on how this is somehow a resounding victory for Democrats in 5..4..3..2..

stout77 on June 4, 2012 at 7:24 PM

AZCoyote on June 4, 2012 at 7:19 PM

i think they have a car with 2000 walker votes in a bag in the trunk out there in waukeshau county with a vanity plate says “koch” just in case….. heh heh

t8stlikchkn on June 4, 2012 at 7:26 PM

We’ll all be spiking the football tomorrow night is Walker wins!

Static21 on June 4, 2012 at 7:28 PM

Polls close at 8…

Getting popcorn for tommorow’s QOTD..:)

idesign on June 4, 2012 at 7:22 PM

Thanks – I’m really nervous.

gophergirl on June 4, 2012 at 7:28 PM

Roll,Roll,Roll! Just think..if it wasn’t for the idiots in the large cities…( and they’re idiots,I’ve lived there )…

SMACKRUNNER on June 4, 2012 at 7:29 PM

Exit quotation: “To me, this victory tomorrow would be a victory for everyone across the country, in a local government, in a state government.

I think if Walker wins an upset against Big Labor, it’s possible we see a “spring” in the land of Lincoln across the Wisconsin border. It’s like playing with Lincoln logs, you topple one of the key logs, and the cabin Big Labor built falls apart ;)

Dr Evil on June 4, 2012 at 7:30 PM

andy85719 on June 4, 2012 at 7:09 PM

…I hear you!…but I’m going to the store to load up on beer tonight…the gang will more than likely have an unusual drinking game tomorrow! I can’t pick up the hard stuff…they *clink* too much tooo fast… and I would have alcohol poisoning by the 3rd page of comments!

KOOLAID2 on June 4, 2012 at 7:32 PM

MadisonConservative on June 4, 2012 at 7:10 PM

You did. I heard Madison was pretty quiet this weekend. What no rally?

wi farmgirl on June 4, 2012 at 7:32 PM

This election will indeed signal national trends. If Walker wins, Romney is in the running. If Walker wins by 5 or more, Romney moves into the pole position. If Walker goes double digit, we will get to witness one of the greatest rats-jumping-off-ship moments in our history.

MaxMBJ on June 4, 2012 at 7:36 PM

You did. I heard Madison was pretty quiet this weekend. What no rally?

wi farmgirl on June 4, 2012 at 7:32 PM

I was out of town on Saturday, so I’m not sure. However, I’ve seen articles in the Capital Times pretending there are still lots of protesters at the Capitol, when in fact there’s rarely more than half a dozen on an average day. They blew their load months ago on Occupy. That’s one of the big reasons Walker will win tomorrow.

MadisonConservative on June 4, 2012 at 7:38 PM

Think of all the birth control pills and condoms for the little Sandra Flukes the Union Hacks millions could have purchased.

Why do Union Hacks and Democrats hate sluts?

ConcealedKerry on June 4, 2012 at 7:40 PM

As To Partisanship, Washington Reflects The State Of The Country

M2RB: Everclear

“Are politicians ignoring constituents’ desires for bipartisan solutions or representing a divided electorate all too well?

Former areas of bipartisan agreement have dissolved as Democrats have moved left and Republicans have shifted to the right, according to a major new study by the Pew Research Center, which has tracked American values over the last 25 years.”

Resist We Much on June 4, 2012 at 7:42 PM

I blocked BO’s spam account months ago.

Ray Flicker on June 4, 2012 at 7:43 PM

My prediction of the rat-jump timeline:

First, Maureen Dowd (already on ledge, looking at water)
2. Chris Mathews (eyeing Maureen Dowd … getting thrill up leg)
3. Corey Booker (immediately jumps after Mathews but out-swims Dowd and Mathews to shore, energized by anger for the hostage video they made him do. He will be greeted with a warm blanket by Campbell Brown)
4. New York Times editorial board (they will jump ship but not swim towards the Romney shore)
5. ABC editorial staff (NYT’s trigger)
6. NBC editorial staff
7. Ed
8. Bill Maher (will claim to be for Gary Johnson)
9. Hillary
10. Bill. Bill will be the last rat to jump ship but the reason is that he is busy gnawing fresh holes in it, only lifting his vegan-staved head periodically to yell encouragement to Captain Obama: “Steer left, young man!” gnaw, gnaw, gnaw …

MaxMBJ on June 4, 2012 at 7:43 PM

That tweet is pathetic.

gophergirl on June 4, 2012 at 7:43 PM

Well finally bho did his thing for barrett? That will be the kiss of death for him? I can NOT wait till the results come in tomorrow. This will make bho/team/union thugs re-think taking on the states doing their 10th?

Wednesday should be a major pitty party on ever bhopress station if Walker and all win? Somehow you gotta know Bush will get the blame, he always does under bho/team?
L

letget on June 4, 2012 at 7:45 PM

That tweet is pathetic.

gophergirl on June 4, 2012 at 7:43 PM

Well, it was signed -bo.

It is authentic Ogabe patheticness.

tom daschle concerned on June 4, 2012 at 7:46 PM

Of course the Lyin kING tweets, all his peeps have free Obamaphones paid for by the same folks he wants to tax the socks of off to pay for the free Obamaphones!
He will use these to mobilize his free loader army. trial run for Nov.
Question is did he txt the Black Panthers to get out the clubs and poll watchers?

ConcealedKerry on June 4, 2012 at 7:47 PM

I hope he just crushes him. Scott Walker is the future of our party.

gophergirl on June 4, 2012 at 7:09 PM

Seriously. If Romney doesn’t win this fall then WALKER ’16 all the way.

MikeknaJ on June 4, 2012 at 7:47 PM

Barry tweeted his support for Barrett?

Well, isn’t that . . . special.

AZCoyote on June 4, 2012 at 7:48 PM

MaxMBJ on June 4, 2012 at 7:36 PM

We will witness that people all across this land want our elected officials to get serious about saving our country from destruction. Then we can continue to purge the big spenders out, and tighten our belts to get out of debt. A stake in the heart of progressivism here in Madistan would be a great start for sure.

wi farmgirl on June 4, 2012 at 7:50 PM

Know your enemy…

Defeating the Rightwing on the Road to Socialism

The election of Barack Obama was a blow to the right, but subsequent events have demonstrated that it wasn’t a decisive blow.

The right still retains considerable power, and initiative to frame the debate and disrupt the legislative and political agenda.

Its overarching goal this year is to regain control of all three branches of the federal government. How dangerous is that? In my view it would set the stage for a period of extreme rightwing onslaught.

If you don’t believe me take a glimpse at Wisconsin, Michigan, and Ohio where rightwing Republicans took control of the levers of power in 2010 and then ruthlessly rolled back rights, eliminated social programs and attacked the labor movement.

Those actions are a harbinger of what the Republican Party would do if in command of the federal government next year.

By contrast, the decisive defeat of the right would weaken Wall Street and the entire corporate class, give leverage and momentum to the people’s movement and clear the ground for an era that puts people and nature before profits and “free markets.”

But that will happen only if an electoral coalition is assembled that includes the left, progressives, independents and moderates.

Said differently and dialectically, the defeat of the right at the polls next year cannot be achieved on a pure anti-corporate basis, given the existing relationship of forces. The 99 per cent versus the 1 per cent is a good slogan and representation of economic reality, but it doesn’t reflect the actual political balance of forces on the ground at this moment.

The political complexion of the country is more complicated, thus making a broader strategy that reaches out to moderates (Republican as well as Democrats) and independents necessary.

Moreover, such a strategy if successful becomes the basis on which tens of millions will encounter a new relationship of forces, which, in turn, is the ground on which to move to a higher level of understanding and struggle.

None of this is to suggest that the Democrats aren’t now or won’t be in the future an obstacle to progressive change; in too many instances they are, but they aren’t the main obstacle for the moment.

This election, then, is not about choosing a lesser evil. It is about our nation’s future: are we going to move in a progressive-democratic or rightwing anti-democratic-authoritarian direction (I distinguish this characterization from fascism which has a particular meaning – the open terroristic dictatorship of the most backward sections of the capitalist class – in the communist movement)

Thus, the labor-led people’s coalition, and Communists as a current within that coalition, must make every phase of the election process a number one priority.

ITguy on June 4, 2012 at 7:53 PM

Obama tweeted because an email of support would have required more clicks.

Cicero43 on June 4, 2012 at 7:53 PM

Kiss, i mean tweet, of death

huntingmoose on June 4, 2012 at 7:53 PM

That tweet is pathetic.

gophergirl on June 4, 2012 at 7:43 PM

Madam,

This is largely rhetorical but have you ever seen anyone so disengaged with the presidency as this charlatan? Starting with the Gulf Oil Spill, the incessant “Pivoting with a laser-like focus on jobs, ceding the formulation of ObamaCare to the horrid creatures, Reid and Pelosi, the admonition to Reid and Boehner that “they work it out” and subsequent frantic flight out of town to avoid any leadership on the debt ceiling fight, abandoning one of his own party (and his union constituents) by first flying over Wisconsin and then sending this 140-character Twoosh?

I am sure the litany of this incurious childlike POTUS would be much more robust. Still in all, it is absolutely astounding how incompetent and self-absorbed this cretin is.

*shakes head; remembers Major Kilgore’s famous line*

“..some day this [presidency] is gonna end..”

The War Planner on June 4, 2012 at 7:54 PM

When does the Walker campaign retweet the bo tweet?

CTSherman on June 4, 2012 at 7:58 PM

No matter who wins, WI still doesn’t have paved roads.

Bishop on June 4, 2012 at 7:58 PM

Dr Evil on June 4, 2012 at 7:30 PM

from the sounds of things, a Walker loss would land him a cushy job in “flat-lander” land advising them how to do what he did. even Obamatuer’s boy is starting to speak up about “game called on account of lack of money”.

teejk on June 4, 2012 at 8:01 PM

Monitor AoSHQ for real time election results tomorrow. If all goes according to plan they will have faster results then the news channels.

lowandslow on June 4, 2012 at 8:01 PM

..on another subject: how many of you all got that Web Root advert in front of the Walker interview? How many liked it?

Pretty ^&%$%#@! funny, I think!

The War Planner on June 4, 2012 at 8:02 PM

No matter who wins, WI still doesn’t have paved roads.

Bishop on June 4, 2012 at 7:58 PM

No matter who wins, you’ve still got Mark “Mugabe” Dayton.

MadisonConservative on June 4, 2012 at 8:02 PM

There’s one twist to this that may make tomorrow night even more fun — city precincts (which should be the best precincts for Barrett) typically report in late. This means that when the race is called for Walker, the vote totals should show an even larger lead.

For example, suppose Walker wins by 6%. That’s not a “late nighter.” When it’s called for Walker and most folks go to bed, the current totals should show him ahead by more, say 8%. For many people, this is the result they will remember.

Thus, if the poll predictions hold, the victory will look like a landslide. The Democrats and their sycophants in the MSM will look like they’ve been embalmed.

Popcorn!

Pythagoras on June 4, 2012 at 8:03 PM

don’t get complacent wisconsin voters….get out there and vote

PLEASE!!!

cmsinaz on June 4, 2012 at 8:03 PM

Update: Obama sends message of support for Barrett — via tweet

…from the sandtrap/bunker on the 19th hole?

KOOLAID2 on June 4, 2012 at 8:06 PM

“If this is the closest The One wants to get to Wisconsin, I’m thinking the odds of Walker winning are probably closer to 100 percent.”

By October he will be campaigning from Oslo.

NCC on June 4, 2012 at 8:06 PM

If Wisconsinites tend to vote for the person and not the party, and are still going to vote for the dog eating bumbling fool in the White House, then remind me never to visit Wisconsin.

Vigilante on June 4, 2012 at 8:06 PM

Don’t forget Allah, you promised something grander than the Humbot if there is a victory tomorrow.

Vigilante on June 4, 2012 at 8:07 PM

i think we have to watch msdnc tomorrow night, tingles with ed schultz should be highlarious

cmsinaz on June 4, 2012 at 8:08 PM

@Barrett4WI @BarackObama has your back #WhiteHouse

Kini on June 4, 2012 at 8:08 PM

don’t get complacent wisconsin voters….get out there and vote

PLEASE!!!

cmsinaz on June 4, 2012 at 8:03 PM

PRETTY PLEASE ! ! !
…and remind your neighbors, friends and family…and cemetery lots!

KOOLAID2 on June 4, 2012 at 8:09 PM

That tweet is pathetic.

gophergirl on June 4, 2012 at 7:43 PM

Well, it was signed -bo.

It is authentic Ogabe patheticness.

tom daschle concerned on June 4, 2012 at 7:46 PM

Wait….that’s from the dog….and it originated from the WH Kitchen!

Pray for bo.

Tim_CA on June 4, 2012 at 8:10 PM

Wisconsin: The only state with a capitol building made of peat.

Bishop on June 4, 2012 at 8:10 PM

KOOLAID2 on June 4, 2012 at 8:09 PM

yeah!

cmsinaz on June 4, 2012 at 8:11 PM

so wisconsin has same day voter registration…

i wonder how many NEW voters will there be tomorrow…

cmsinaz on June 4, 2012 at 8:13 PM

what a tweet….pathetic

cmsinaz on June 4, 2012 at 8:13 PM

Go Walker! Wisconsin Hot Airians: we’ll miss you tomorrow, but get to the polls!

J.E. Dyer on June 4, 2012 at 8:14 PM

Obama sends message of support for Barrett — via tweet

He’s so cool and tech savvy … and cautious.

They’re just getting prepared for the question: “What does this result say about Obama’s re-election chances?”

I can hear it now:

“Well, this was not a referendum on Barack Obama. He barely put in an appearance …..”

tom on June 4, 2012 at 8:14 PM

Pardon my smugness.

Told ya. Told ya weeks ago. Told ya months ago.

Told ya. :)

MadisonConservative on June 4, 2012 at 7:10 PM

If you’re right, you’re allowed a full week of celebratory smugness.

tom on June 4, 2012 at 8:18 PM

If you’re right, you’re allowed a full week of celebratory smugness.

tom on June 4, 2012 at 8:18 PM

Don’t worry. I’ll be saving the bulk of it for my jaunts downtown. A gleaming smile amongst the forlorn refugees.

MadisonConservative on June 4, 2012 at 8:22 PM

Sarah Jessica Parker says Soetoro created 4 million jobs. Bullshit Mrs. Bueller.

BHO Jonestown on June 4, 2012 at 8:23 PM

Update: Obama sends message of support for Barrett — via tweet

…from the sandtrap/bunker on the 19th hole?

KOOLAID2 on June 4, 2012 at 8:06 PM

What’s worse is that Michelle has delayed a vacation until after the election.

Gladtobehere on June 4, 2012 at 8:28 PM

Walker is right that Wisconsin has historically split their votes. The recent record:

1998 – Tommy Thompson (R) beat Ed Garvey by 21% in the governor’s race, but Russ Feingold (D) beat Mark Neumann by 3% in the US Senate race.

2000 – Al Gore (D) beat George W. Bush by 0.22% in the Presidential race, but Herb Kohl (D) beat John Gillespie by 25% in the US Senate race.

2004 – John Kerry (D) beat George W. Bush by 0.37% in the Presidential race, but Feingold beat Tim Michels by 11% in the Senate race.

2006 – Jim Doyle (D) beat Mark Green by over 5% in the governor’s race, but J.B. Van Hollen became the only Republican in the country to win a statewide or Congressional office held by the Democrats going into that election (attorney general).

The sameness in the 2010 governor’s and Senate races is the exception.

Steve Eggleston on June 4, 2012 at 8:35 PM

Wisconsin: The only state with a capitol building made of peat.

Bishop on June 4, 2012 at 8:10 PM

Beats Minnesota’s dung. :-)

Steve Eggleston on June 4, 2012 at 8:35 PM

BHO Jonestown on June 4, 2012 at 8:23 PM

Still means sh*t when you had 4.5 million entering the workforce during the time period.

lowandslow on June 4, 2012 at 8:38 PM

GO SCOTT GO!!!!!!

Conservchik on June 4, 2012 at 8:40 PM

Gee, a twitter from a twit. Must give the Barretthead some comfort, huh (sarc/off).

Conservchik on June 4, 2012 at 8:42 PM

OT: Castro’s daughter announces full-throated support for Obama.

andy85719 on June 4, 2012 at 7:11 PM

I thought she bats for the other team.

CurtZHP on June 4, 2012 at 8:42 PM

Humpbot!!!

Conservchik on June 4, 2012 at 8:43 PM

Donk fraud alert-o-meter just cranked to 11…

Bruno Strozek on June 4, 2012 at 8:55 PM

That tweet is pathetic.

gophergirl on June 4, 2012 at 7:43 PM

So were all five replies. FIVE

txhsmom on June 4, 2012 at 9:00 PM

Obama sent a Tweet in support of Barrett? Sweet. We know what happens when that happens.

Kokonut on June 4, 2012 at 9:11 PM

DOJ is watching this. If Walker wins I’m sure some kind of stink will be raised and demand an investigation or a ballot count, or something, in the effort to paint Walker as a cheater of some sort. Maybe that’s a bit far-fetched? No? What say you?

Kokonut on June 4, 2012 at 9:14 PM

Kokonut on June 4, 2012 at 9:14 PM

Given the left’s penchant for projection….

CurtZHP on June 4, 2012 at 9:19 PM

10-12 victory for Scott Walker tomorrow night.Allah service the Humpbot.

jeffinsjvca on June 4, 2012 at 9:44 PM

Someone please tell me there is no way in hell Walker’s gonna lose this tomorrow. I really want to hear that. No way in hell. Can we be that confident?

Rational Thought on June 4, 2012 at 9:45 PM

In other celebrity news, Screech from Saved By The Bell has also twitted his tweeter in support of Barrett.

stout77 on June 4, 2012 at 9:53 PM

Allahpundit = The Wheaties Box of Hot Air

Resist We Much on June 4, 2012 at 9:53 PM

I don’t typically drink, but dagnabbit , I might have to buy some champagne on the way home from work tomorrow.

tdpwells on June 4, 2012 at 9:58 PM

Oh, a tweet from the One! That’s certainly a game changer…

claudius on June 4, 2012 at 10:02 PM

With the involvement of the DOJ and the Union thugs I just don’t trust the DemonRats. I can’t believe I’m this nervous about tomorrows results, but I am & it’s almost making me sick.

WIN SCOTT WIN!

redridinghood on June 4, 2012 at 10:16 PM

No matter who wins, WI still doesn’t have paved roads.

Bishop on June 4, 2012 at 7:58 PM

Minnesota still doesn’t have a professional football team.

Green_Bay_Packers on June 4, 2012 at 10:19 PM

The tea parties are heavily engaged in Wisconsin. We just haven’t
heard a lot about it. They have been active for months. Hopefully
the repubs in Wisconsin will realize that this vote is not only
important for Wisconsin, but will also set a standard and lead the way for the rest of the country.

I am praying.

Amjean on June 4, 2012 at 10:32 PM

Mo Dowd and Peggy Noonan, losing their wiggle for 0.
Looks to me like the all-important cougar vote might be wavering.

Demonized on June 4, 2012 at 10:41 PM

Just watched Greta interview Walker while she and her lib-union-newspaper buddy from Milwaukee played the loyal opposition. Great acting…very believable.

I Stand With Walker!

Jaibones on June 4, 2012 at 10:47 PM

Scott Walker will win due to his rock solid unwavering conservative principles.

he is the polar opposite of mitt. a greedy corporate bundler, who thinks he’s better than the rest of us.

why have none of his strong and healthy sons never gone into the military?

renalin on June 4, 2012 at 10:48 PM

Kokonut on June 4, 2012 at 9:14 PM

Bring in the 100 pound sack of popcorn sitting out in the hall there.

And get ready for bunker duty to retrieve the rest of the 100 pound sacks for Election Night.

Del Dolemonte on June 4, 2012 at 10:48 PM

Also LMAO about O’Bozo doing three fundraisers in Minnesota, and more in Iowa, then back to his homey base in Chicano — and too cowardly to set foot in Wisconsin. Hell, he probably flew over most of the state.

What happened to his 2008 blather about wanting to “walk the line!!!” with the union punks? No balls Obama.

Jaibones on June 4, 2012 at 10:50 PM