Win dinner with Barack Obama and…

posted at 2:01 pm on June 3, 2012 by Jazz Shaw

Let’s prepare to close out the weekend with something which doesn’t fit any other possible category except “bizarre.” Alert readers are likely already aware that the President celebrated Friday’s dismal jobs report by striking out on a breathtaking series of six campaign appearances to help shore up the nation’s economy. You might think that would be enough for most people. (I mean, how much more can the guy do for us? He must be exhausted!) But no! There’s more campaign goodness in store.

Without much fanfare, Team Obama rolled out a new ad which will be running tonight during the MTV Movie Awards. It offers the opportunity for two lucky people to have dinner with not only the President and the First Lady, but with two of the people I’m sure we’d all like to spend time with. One is Sarah Jessica Parker. The other, and the hostess of this advertisement, is Vogue editor-in-chief and real life inspiration for The Devil Wears Prada, Anna Wintour. If you’ve never heard Ms. Wintour speak, it’s an experience which is.. ummm… why don’t I just let you watch it yourself.

I’m sorry, but that’s just creepy on some level I find difficult to describe. And is the MTV Movie Awards really where you want to be planting your flag, so to speak?

Yes, we get that Obama is trying to appeal to the kids/fashionistas by launching on MTV. And the awards show is fun and watchable because unlike other glad-handing awards shows, it is unpredictable. But for that reason, the ad buy raises a lot of political questions.

Like why would the President sponsor a show with such a long history of f-bomb dropping, Howard Stern butt-cheek baring and more tonsil-hockey playing than anyplace this side of the last song at a high school dance?

Not only that, but Anna Wintour? Really? Anna “Nuclear” Wintour, the alleged boss-from-hell who was the inspiration for “The Devil Wears Prada.” Doesn’t that just re-emphasize the elite, Coastal, liberal image that Republicans love to mock Obama for? It would be like if Mitt Romney were to hold a fundraiser at a place called Chateau Something….co-hosted by a CEO who just said she was going to shed 25,000 jobs from her company.

Honestly, who has their hand on the tiller over at the Obama reelection headquarters these days? This isn’t just phoning it in, it’s much closer to just generating campaign fodder for your opponent. Either way, enjoy the show! I know I won’t be watching.

I suppose we can close with this, submitted without comment.

Anna_Wintour

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

Who wants to spend an evening with one of the most obnoxious women on earth? And that Devil Wears Prada woman?

novaculus on June 3, 2012 at 4:33 PM

I like Barry…. I want to know where she gets her manicures.

Key West Reader on June 3, 2012 at 4:37 PM

Explain why this is not a complete non-sequiter, please.

urban elitist on June 3, 2012 at 4:04 PM

There is no such thing as a non-sequiter.

Unless you meant a non-sequitur.

Brought to you by a person unqualified to serve in a Democrat administration (a high school graduate).

El Salsero on June 3, 2012 at 4:38 PM

Your presence here is indicative of your self-absorbed importance.

I, like most here, chuckle at your faux intelligence.

Lanceman on June 3, 2012 at 4:34 PM

As opposed to your presence, giving us all the benefit of your wisdom?

All I said today was that I’d like to go to dinner. Somehow, that annoys bitter people like you.

urban elitist on June 3, 2012 at 4:38 PM

Yeah, I’m 18 and want to have dinner with a bunch of fossils, especially one that sounds like a cranky aunt. YAY! Sign me up.

Couldn’t they find someone a tad younger or more “relevant” to the teeny boppers who watch that crap? Guess not.

kim roy on June 3, 2012 at 4:39 PM

Joy Behar and Rosie ODonnel were busy that night.

bitsy on June 3, 2012 at 4:40 PM

There is no such thing as a non-sequiter.

Unless you meant a non-sequitur.

El Salsero on June 3, 2012 at 4:38 PM

Heh. Nice catch. Even I, the grammar and spelling Notsee, missed it.

Lanceman on June 3, 2012 at 4:40 PM

There is no such thing as a non-sequiter.

Unless you meant a non-sequitur.

El Salsero on June 3, 2012 at 4:38 PM

Good catch.

By the way, it’s “DemocratIC” administration. unless you’re engaged in the sort of puerile name-gaming that I’m sure you’re above.

How many high school graduates will Harvard Man Romney have in his administration, do you think?

urban elitist on June 3, 2012 at 4:40 PM

Barack Obama
Michelle Obama
Sarah Jessica Parker
Anna Wintour
Random Contest Winner

Four of these things belong together. Four of these things are kind of the same. But one of things just doesn’t belong here. And now it’s time to play our game. It’s time to play our game.

/Sesame Street

If after ten minutes around the poker dinner table you don’t know who the patsy is – you’re the patsy.

Left Coast Right Mind on June 3, 2012 at 4:44 PM

urban elitist on June 3, 2012 at 4:40 PM

No, it is most certainly not democratIC, you fool. More word games by the ‘rats.

Democratic is an adjective meant to give the appearance of fair play.
Democrat, a noun, like ‘Republican’ is an old epithet meaning ‘one who panders to the mindless whims of the masses.

Who is it that stands in the way of voter identification? Ain’t the Rethuglicans, that’s for sure.
But, on the other hand, which party is it that wants to inform people of who did and who did not vote.

Why, that would be the democrat party.

Lanceman on June 3, 2012 at 4:45 PM

My thoughts exactly.

One of the latest cache political terms is “optics.”

The optics of this are an elitist editor and grande dame of the fashionistas all over the tv and internet telling us how SCFOAMF is a hero of the little people.

Best Romney ad ever

ironbill on June 3, 2012 at 4:45 PM

I’m not sure why you hate a successful capitalist like Anna Wintour.

urban elitist on June 3, 2012 at 4:15 PM

Stop projecting you hateful racist.

I don’t hate a woman who was groomed from childhood to do what she evidently enjoys.

Not even 0bama would rate my bucket list dinner companions.

Wouldn’t even get consideration, I always love my country.

cozmo on June 3, 2012 at 4:46 PM

Hehe

terryannonline on June 3, 2012 at 4:46 PM

cozmo on June 3, 2012 at 4:46 PM

Heh. No reason to get mad at the pretentious troll. It’s actually kinda cute how it tries to come in here and go all Dennis Miller, leftily speaking.

Lanceman on June 3, 2012 at 4:51 PM

Upset your nominee isn’t cool are we????

Uppereastside on June 3, 2012 at 2:35 PM

A+

Del Dolemonte on June 3, 2012 at 4:52 PM

I’m not sure why you hate a successful capitalist like Anna Wintour Mitt Romney.

urban elitist on June 3, 2012 at 4:15 PM

FIFY

BlaxPac on June 3, 2012 at 4:53 PM

Upset your nominee isn’t cool are we????

Uppereastside on June 3, 2012 at 2:35 PM

Bwahaha! I can really care less if Romney hobnobs with celebs.

terryannonline on June 3, 2012 at 4:54 PM

I think I’ll enter this, just to have the chance to discuss the finer points of economics and foreign policy with Ms Parker and Ms Nuclear, hopefully while cameras and microphones are in range.

JohnGalt23 on June 3, 2012 at 4:56 PM

Lanceman on June 3, 2012 at 4:51 PM

Ain’t mad, I like it when libiots show up. They taste like dog chicken.

A lefty cannot do comedy like Miller.

cozmo on June 3, 2012 at 4:56 PM

Upset your nominee isn’t cool are we????

Uppereastside on June 3, 2012 at 2:35 PM

Ya mean President Preezy?

Good Lord, even if you are a simpering sycophant, don’t you feel just a twinge of embarrassment having your President referred to like that?

I don’t care what party you belong to, POTUS is not supposed to act or be treated like he’s auditioning for the cover of “Tiger Beat” magazine.

BlaxPac on June 3, 2012 at 4:56 PM

Obama 2008: Oopsie!

Obama 2012: Bubbye!

Key West Reader on June 3, 2012 at 4:58 PM

Leave it alone. The rage is simmering and soon will begin to boil. It’s delicious.

Speaking of trolls, did KeninCT get banned?

Lanceman on June 3, 2012 at 3:06 PM

I was wondering the same thing about AngryEd. I went on vacation for a week and haven’t seen him since before I left.

Bitter Clinger on June 3, 2012 at 3:29 PM

Well, NASCAR season in CT is in full swing (30+ NASCAR races in that state alone this season). That’s where Ken is.

As for angryed, I think he banned himself. He had already started to melt down when Romney started to pull away from the pack, and then he went totally ballistic and started to insult the US military, who had absolutely nothing at all to do with Romney getting the nomination.

Del Dolemonte on June 3, 2012 at 4:58 PM

JohnGalt23 on June 3, 2012 at 4:56 PM

My reasons exactly. Actually i would want to go just so i can wear my “Brietbart is Here” T -Shirt and watch the heads explode…or in the case of a few of these libs, go slink off back into the shadows like vampires from sunlight.

BlaxPac on June 3, 2012 at 5:00 PM

I’ll leave to others to debate the politics. Dinner with Barry, Michelle, Anna and Sarah (not so sure about the Sarah) would be an utter blast.

urban elitist on June 3, 2012 at 3:58 PM

lol, please tell us exactly what you would talk to them about.

Del Dolemonte on June 3, 2012 at 5:01 PM

lol, please tell us exactly what you would talk to them about.

Del Dolemonte on June 3, 2012 at 5:01 PM

Probably shoes…….and wigs.

VegasRick on June 3, 2012 at 5:03 PM

Upset your nominee isn’t cool are we???? Don’t worry, maybe senator Jose Ribio might be cool enough in 4 years to save you all.

Uppereastside on June 3, 2012 at 2:35 PM

Since you’re here, tell us, what type of national hissy-fit are we going to see from you people after November 6, 2012? Cool isn’t going to cut it this time, stupid.

Night Owl on June 3, 2012 at 5:03 PM

I’m not sure why you hate a successful capitalist like Anna Wintour.

urban elitist on June 3, 2012 at 4:15 PM

She inherited everything from her 1% father. Just like all the Kennedys and Rockefellers did.

F-

Del Dolemonte on June 3, 2012 at 5:03 PM

lol, please tell us exactly what you would talk to them about.

Del Dolemonte on June 3, 2012 at 5:01 PM
Probably shoes…….and wigs.

VegasRick on June 3, 2012 at 5:03 PM

You know his head just sploded.

Key West Reader on June 3, 2012 at 5:04 PM

lol, please tell us exactly what you would talk to them about.

Del Dolemonte on June 3, 2012 at 5:01 PM

Louis Vuitton’s fall collection? LOL!

terryannonline on June 3, 2012 at 5:04 PM

A lefty cannot do comedy like Miller.

cozmo on June 3, 2012 at 4:56 PM

A lefty cannot do much except word games, phony anger, propaganda, etc.
Why do you think lefty radio always fails and then have to go steal money from boys/girls clubs to remain on the air? Or why they have abysmal ratings on television?

Anger and hatred just do not sell. Anger is an almost impossible emotion to maintain.

8 years of Bush-bashing and the best they could do was not even 53% of the voters against the worst candidate in history?

Lanceman on June 3, 2012 at 5:05 PM

You know his head just sploded.

Key West Reader on June 3, 2012 at 5:04 PM

Well, that was the effect I was going for.

VegasRick on June 3, 2012 at 5:05 PM

urban elitist on June 3, 2012 at 4:40 PM

In 2008 O’bama won 70% of the high school dropout vote.

No Presidential candidate had ever gotten that many before.

You must be so proud of him, knowing he’ll need the other 30% of them to have a chance.

Del Dolemonte on June 3, 2012 at 5:06 PM

F-

Del Dolemonte on June 3, 2012 at 5:03 PM

See, this I didn’t know, since I don’t follow fashion. Not being a broad or gay, why would I? An important tidbit of information left out by the [predictably] disingenuous troll.

Lanceman on June 3, 2012 at 5:08 PM

urban elitist on June 3, 2012 at 4:40 PM

Watch this video in this link and then try to tell me his supporters are dumb.

terryannonline on June 3, 2012 at 5:10 PM

GOOD LORD

EeeGAD!!… BigSven don’t sit down to eat dinner with anyone, NOT ANYONE, that looks or sounds like the woman in the “Eat with Obama” video!!

Is that how people “talk” when they have a $$zillion bucks shoved up their arse or something?? Positively morbid!!

BigSven on June 3, 2012 at 5:13 PM

If I win, Wintour’s getting a grapefruit in her face.

Dack Thrombosis on June 3, 2012 at 5:15 PM

urban elitist on June 3, 2012 at 4:40 PM

More important point. How many College graduates are in this Administration, and yet they can’t seem to get this economy out of its tailspin?

BTW, which Harvard Grad called them “Polish Death Camps” again?

BlaxPac on June 3, 2012 at 5:15 PM

Del Dolemonte on June 3, 2012 at 5:03 PM

Lanceman on June 3, 2012 at 5:08 PM

wiki

She is the eldest daughter of Charles Wintour, editor of the London Evening Standard. Anna became interested in fashion as a teenager. Her father consulted her on how to make the newspaper relevant to the youth of the era. Her career in fashion journalism began at two British magazines.

Her brother also inherited some success as well. That would be Patrick Wintour, political editor of the Far-Left Guardian.

Del Dolemonte on June 3, 2012 at 5:16 PM

So I heard the color for this summer is tangerine orange… Is that the color of the Obama scarf she is wearing?

Isn’t this the woman who picks the colors the rest of us are hit with each season?

Obama is out of style. You would think someone like that would know.

petunia on June 3, 2012 at 5:18 PM

then try to tell me his supporters are dumb.

terryannonline on June 3, 2012 at 5:10 PM

You be careful, missy. urban is liable to tell you that your use of the word ‘dumb’ is non-contextual.

I can hardly wait for its use of alliteration, simile and onomatopoeia.

Lanceman on June 3, 2012 at 5:18 PM

Del Dolemonte on June 3, 2012 at 5:16 PM

Del, are you serious? I have not the slightest interest of some Helen Gurley-Brown reject I’ve never heard of before today.

Lanceman on June 3, 2012 at 5:20 PM

Yeah I heard the same. But when will the dinner be? It might be out of season by then!!! Oh no!!!

terryannonline on June 3, 2012 at 5:21 PM

urban elitist on June 3, 2012 at 3:58 PM

The “blast” would be completely on their part, as they mock you & laugh at you to your face with insider-references that would go over your rube head. Poor little peasant, just happy to be among his betters, doesn’t realize he’s the equivalent of the court jester to them.

I’d totally love to be a fly on the wall to see it, but I wouldn’t pay 3 cents, much less $3 to do so.

Dark Star on June 3, 2012 at 5:24 PM

Dark Star on June 3, 2012 at 5:24 PM

that’s the fallacy of liberalism. These rank & file fools like urban somehow think they will be in the power structure once the re(volu)tion is complete.

Lanceman on June 3, 2012 at 5:27 PM

Hehe

terryannonline on June 3, 2012 at 4:46 PM

Looks like I missed a great movie. Too bad, I probably had more fun that month stranded in the desert.

arnold ziffel on June 3, 2012 at 5:32 PM

Now I’m really toying with the idea of entering…

Again, I just want my 15 minutes of wandering around the White House, getting my picture taken next to Dubya’s new portrait and asking “So about that Fast & Furious…where were you in the planning stages, Preezy?”

As for you, Ms. Wintor, Arianan does the accent much better

BlaxPac on June 3, 2012 at 5:34 PM

Waitaminnit. It’s not called tangerine orange. It’s called John Kerry’s Hue.

Key West Reader on June 3, 2012 at 5:35 PM

BlaxPac on June 3, 2012 at 5:34 PM

Er, they don’t have the ‘dinner’ at the White House. The last few were held at some dumpy looking taverns that serve chicken nuggets. Seriously…. Check it out.

Key West Reader on June 3, 2012 at 5:37 PM

Del Dolemonte on June 3, 2012 at 5:16 PM

Lanceman on June 3, 2012 at 5:20 PM

Know your Enemies!

Vogue US is created on the foundation of white affluence and wealth. The top positions in Vogue US are inherited, not earned. A truth that Anna Wintour proudly and gleefully admitted in the 2009 documentary ‘September Issue’ ( a rebuttal for the 2006 Academy award nominated ‘Devil Wears Prada’). Anna Wintour’s father (Charles Wintour, editor of the London Evening Standard) literally handed her over the job on a silver platter

Del Dolemonte on June 3, 2012 at 5:37 PM

Explain why this is not a complete non-sequiter, please.

urban elitist on June 3, 2012 at 4:04 PM

Explain to us why you are such a complete azz, please.

KOOLAID2 on June 3, 2012 at 5:39 PM

Either she’s been drinking and/or high or she has early-onset Parkinsons. Nobody moves and speaks like that under normal circumstances. I’m being serious too….watch her as she speaks.

ManWithNoName on June 3, 2012 at 5:41 PM

urban elitist on June 3, 2012 at 3:58 PM

Sure, you could ask Anna about that fawning feature in Vogue on fashionista Mrs. Bashir Assad that was published just before the genocide began.

Wethal on June 3, 2012 at 5:41 PM

I would love to win this contest and show up wearing polyester elastic-waist pants in cornflower blue, maybe with a snap-on flowered tunic for full effect. The most hideous clothing I could find…and then droll all over the Obamas as a “lifelong Democrat from a family of all Democrats” and watch them flinch. Also, I want to ask the Prada chick if that English accent is fake, ala Madonna. And what magazine does she have, anyway…Seventeen? Tiger Beat?

But I’m sure the optic handlers would never let me near Mama Obama while wearing polyester pants. *sigh*

Grace_is_sufficient on June 3, 2012 at 5:42 PM

Waitaminnit. It’s not called tangerine orange. It’s called John Kerry’s Hue.

Key West Reader on June 3, 2012 at 5:35 PM

QT Tan.

Wethal on June 3, 2012 at 5:42 PM

Know your Enemies!
Del Dolemonte on June 3, 2012 at 5:37 PM

Come on Del. There’s too many to count. I like to default towards freedom. And anyone voting or associating with the ‘rat party is the furthest thing to freedom that exists.

Unless you’re speaking to an ultra-leftist college professor who thinks the ‘rats & Rethuglicans are the same thing with different names.

Lanceman on June 3, 2012 at 5:43 PM

A bit disappointed to find she sounds nothing like Photo Finish.

Tresjin on June 3, 2012 at 5:43 PM

urban elitist on June 3, 2012 at 4:40 PM

BTW, which Harvard Grad called them “Polish Death Camps” again?

BlaxPac on June 3, 2012 at 5:15 PM

Oh, this could be fun.

Which Harvard graduate called it “profit to earnings ratio”?

Which Harvard graduate has been in all but one or two of the 57 states?

Which Harvard graduate saw many of our fallen soldiers in the audience during one of his memorial day speeches and how many of his crack college graduate speechwriters were involved in putting that on the teleprompter?

Which Harvard graduate president had to have a teleprompter when speaking to a group of grade schoolers?

Which Harvard graduate president used a teleprompter for his staff meetings?

… and that’s just off the top of my head. I’m sure others can add to this and include speech writing genius exhibited by the supposedly college educated speechwriters in the administraiton.

AZfederalist on June 3, 2012 at 5:44 PM

Key West Reader on June 3, 2012 at 5:37 PM

Still willing to tolerate crappy nuggets…

Hey, Preezy, where’s the Wagun, eh? Just cuz *you* gotta be on a diet doesn’t mean us working taxpayers got to suffer…

…besides look at SJP and Wintor, they look like they could use a good injection of….never mind :o)

BlaxPac on June 3, 2012 at 5:44 PM

…Explain to us why you are such a complete azz, please.

KOOLAID2 on June 3, 2012 at 5:39 PM

That would require time and the ability to think on it’s part.

arnold ziffel on June 3, 2012 at 5:44 PM

AZfederalist on June 3, 2012 at 5:44 PM

LOL…Exactly.

I love it when those that went to these schools have all these degrees, but not a lick of common sense.

College isn’t for everyone, and they’re living proof of that saying every day.

BlaxPac on June 3, 2012 at 5:46 PM

QT Tan.

Wethal on June 3, 2012 at 5:42 PM

LOL I remember that stuff. Back when we’d slather ourselves in baby oil and lay on tin foil. Wait. Do you think the wimmins of the 70′s are responsible for globull warming? It could be true :o)

Key West Reader on June 3, 2012 at 5:48 PM

Grace_is_sufficient on June 3, 2012 at 5:42 PM

She didn’t care the time she was wearing them to get on AF1. If I remember correctly they were a lovely shade of baby sh*t green.

arnold ziffel on June 3, 2012 at 5:48 PM

Next they will be hawking tickets on Craiglist!

PattyJ on June 3, 2012 at 5:48 PM

AZfederalist on June 3, 2012 at 5:44 PM

I have something on my FB page that is quite profound:

I wouldn’t say that Palin is definitely a moron because she drew a blank at perky Katie’s question about what periodicals she read. I’d like to see more well-documented, recorded blunders before dismissing her as a mindless talking head.

Did she call Europe a “country?” Did she say Austrians speak “Austrian?” Did she say Hawaii is in Asia? Did she say that there are 57 states? Does she think we need more “Arabic translators” in Afghanistan so we can understand the natives? Does she believe we have an “intercontinental” railroad?

Does she think the Constitution was written “20 centuries ago?” Did she claim that Emma Lazarus raised funds to build the Statue of Liberty? Does she think Mexico was a nation before the US was even an idea? Did the American army liberate Auschwitz?

Does she celebrate “Cinco de Cuatro”, admire the Penn State “Nitally” Lions, and root for the White Sox (not a one of whom she can identify by name) while reminiscing about the good ol’ days at “Cominskey Field?” Does she commend navy “corpse-men” and give a shout-out to the many fallen heroes who are in her audience? Does she lament the 10,000 dead in a Kansas storm when the death toll is actually 12? Does she really think a payment can decrease by 3000%? If she has asthma, does she grab for her “breathalyzer?”

Those are just a handful of idiocies I can pull off the top of my head.

But, of course, Sarah Palin did not utter them.

Lanceman on June 3, 2012 at 5:49 PM

Win a dinner with the president but lose your lunch.

NoDonkey on June 3, 2012 at 5:54 PM

Dark Star on June 3, 2012 at 5:24 PM

Man, you nailed it right there. In addition to the ploy of getting millions (OK, at least 10′s) of supporters to send them $3 in hopes of “winning” this honor, the “winners” of these drawings are just props to be used. Do the shills sending in the money think that they will even be remembered once the Pres and the celebs leave the table? Just selecting a couple props from the Potemkin village, that’s it.

AZfederalist on June 3, 2012 at 5:55 PM

Good Gawd that woman scares the beejezus out of me! It’s just like an ex-boss of mine. WTF would I wear in order to ho-hum impress those TWO? It’s not like I have connections with Valentino or Oscar De La Renta and Manolo Blahnik’s with loaners from Tiffany’s. It’d be the same as being sponsored for an event!!!

Preparing for that event is a killer. Lib rednecks need not apply.

ProudPalinFan on June 3, 2012 at 5:58 PM

It’s more “pick four people that you would like to have your last meal with” thing. They wouldn’t be my first first four — maybe Barry — but they’d be fun.

I’m not sure why you hate a successful capitalist like Anna Wintour.

urban elitist on June 3, 2012 at 4:15 PM

Only if my last meal was raw dog meat would I want these people there. Then I could barf all over them without feeling regret.

As for Anna Wintour, she’s practicing to be Mistress of Hell in the afterlife. Hate is not the word most of us feel for her. Disgust is more accurate.

Gladtobehere on June 3, 2012 at 5:59 PM

AZfederalist on June 3, 2012 at 5:55 PM

No you nailed it. Notice how urban looks down its nose with absolute contempt at us? Picture all 4 phonies at the table. Like a Hollywood lunch. Disingenuous and contemptuous to the core and each one thinking the other is stupid.

Lanceman on June 3, 2012 at 6:00 PM

I vote against Obama and my next pair of shoes come from Payless?

FAAAAANNCY!

My last pair of shoes came from Wal-Mart… or maybe Target. Like I remember.

gekkobear on June 3, 2012 at 6:02 PM

urban elitist on June 3, 2012 at 3:58 PM

Can you explain, without bringing politics into it, how having dinner with Michelle, Anna and SJP would be an “utter blast”?

Good Solid B-Plus on June 3, 2012 at 6:15 PM

Should I have known who this harlot was before today?

The Count on June 3, 2012 at 6:19 PM

urban elitist on June 3, 2012 at 3:58 PM

Good Solid B-Plus on June 3, 2012 at 6:15 PM

Upset your nominee isn’t cool are we????

Uppereastside on June 3, 2012 at 2:35 PM

Del Dolemonte on June 3, 2012 at 6:26 PM

Oh please oh please oh puleeeeeeze let Rush Limbaugh and Sarah Palin enter and win.

Flora Duh on June 3, 2012 at 6:26 PM

Obama wears prada?

rubberneck on June 3, 2012 at 6:30 PM

Jazz, you must be a fairly happy one right now,. Between this thread and the Creationist thread, you’ve put some good numbers up. Promotion imminent?

Bmore on June 3, 2012 at 6:31 PM

who the hell is that? is she related to cruella deville? some brit sounding chick to whom we mailed back a bust of winston churchill? I thought the brits were colonialist slave traders and now their stumping for the potus? what’s up?

ted c on June 3, 2012 at 6:32 PM

I would love to be there for one reason: To ask who kicked sand in the Devil and Barry’s vagina.

AllahsNippleHair on June 3, 2012 at 6:42 PM

The Obama campaign’s first national television ad will debut tonight during the MTV Movie Awards, according the Entertainment News. The ad features Parker inviting supporters to her home for a fundraising dinner with the president, herself, Michelle Obama, and Vogue editor-in chief Anna Wintour.

In the ad the Sex and the City star is reported to say, “The guy who ended the war in Iraq, the guy who says you should be able to marry anyone you want, and the guy who created four million new jobs, that guy President Obama and Michelle are coming to my house for dinner on June 12. And I want you to be there too.”

Parker makes no mention of the escalating deficit or the rising youth unemployment number in the Obama spot. Sources tell ENews that MTV has also reached out to Mitt Romney about the possibility of running ads on the network. Source

Flora Duh on June 3, 2012 at 6:45 PM

I hope everyone here has entered! Wouldn’t it be nice to have the chance to see just how brilliant these guys are?

OBQuiet on June 3, 2012 at 6:45 PM

I’m thinking about entering so I can cancel at the last minute telling them “something more important just came up”.

TulsAmerican on June 3, 2012 at 6:53 PM

Obama 2012

Key West Reader on June 3, 2012 at 7:42 PM

I know why SJP supports Obama- he eats dog, not horse.

LASue on June 3, 2012 at 7:48 PM

Key West Reader on June 3, 2012 at 7:42 PM

Nice.

CorporatePiggy on June 3, 2012 at 7:49 PM

Didn’t know Jersey Shore had an Uppereastside.

starboard lookout on June 3, 2012 at 7:53 PM

I don’t think they could find 4 uglier women tohave dinner with.

Unless it’s with the SJR from Hocus Pocus. Yummy.

Spliff Menendez on June 3, 2012 at 7:58 PM

Win dinner with Barack

Well, I’m sure the food be exquisite. Think they would make it to go?

lynncgb on June 3, 2012 at 8:09 PM

The video currently has 173 likes and 209 dislikes over at YouTube.

Comments are subject to approval, so about what you would expect.

novaculus on June 3, 2012 at 8:16 PM

Daaahling, come dine with the 1 percent.

Philly on June 3, 2012 at 8:22 PM

Upset your nominee isn’t cool are we????

Uppereastside on June 3, 2012

Good Lord my sides hurt. That is freakin’ hilarious!

S. D. on June 3, 2012 at 8:23 PM

People who think the mindless chants of O-Bam-A and Yes We Can are going to work in 2012 after nearly four years of UNPRECEDENTED failure.

Happy Nomad on June 3, 2012 at 8:35 PM

Preparing for that event is a killer. Lib rednecks need not apply.

ProudPalinFan on June 3, 2012 at 5:58 PM

Breitbart T-shirt and flip flops. Get a pedicure if you’re feeling extra special. ;)

kim roy on June 3, 2012 at 8:38 PM

I don’t think they could find 4 uglier women tohave dinner with.

Spliff Menendez on June 3, 2012 at 7:58 PM

It’s a toss up but the four of the five members of The View come to mind.

Happy Nomad on June 3, 2012 at 8:40 PM

That video was Hannibal Lecter creepy. :-(

Punchenko on June 3, 2012 at 8:46 PM

Win dinner with Barack Obama and…

Eat a large plate of Dawg Meat.

When Michelle sits down at the table you could say its a dog eat dog world.

SparkPlug on June 3, 2012 at 8:54 PM

Preparing for that event is a killer. Lib rednecks need not apply.

ProudPalinFan on June 3, 2012 at 5:58 PM

Wear any old thing from Goodwill that is thirty years or so dated (with shoulder pads!) and REMIND Ms. Wintour that her candidate’s economic policies have reduced you to your current fashion state. Proceed to insult SJP’s inability to act, discuss her husband’s roles in sappy ’80s movies, completely ignore Michelle, and advise Anna to stay away from excessive sunlight since it is clearly doing her face little favors.

It will be a night to remember in New York! :-D

Punchenko on June 3, 2012 at 8:55 PM

About the last raffle for dinner at the Clooney fundraiser. From the WSJ.

Not everyone stood an equal chance of winning. The Obama campaign picked 50 entrants at random, then narrowed the list through background checks and a review of the finalists’ “views, backgrounds and interests,” contest rules show.

Republicans need not apply.

lynncgb on June 3, 2012 at 8:56 PM

Punchenko on June 3, 2012 at 8:55 PM

ROTFLMAO! Well Said!!!

Happy Nomad on June 3, 2012 at 9:08 PM

urban elitist on June 3, 2012 at 4:40 PM

I’m fairly certain that most members of the Romney administration will have their high school diplomas.

massrighty on June 3, 2012 at 9:29 PM