DOJ suddenly interested in FLA voter rolls

posted at 8:01 pm on June 3, 2012 by Jazz Shaw

Our friend Andrew Malcolm, over at Investors Business Daily, highlights an interesting story coming to us from Washington, but involving the Sunshine State. It seems that Florida’s recent efforts to conduct a thorough review of their voter rolls and purge the ineligible or the … er… dead, have drawn the Attorney General. And what might the Department of Justice have to say about this record-keeping audit? Clearly, this has to be stopped.

Washington has ordered Florida to end its effort to remove ineligible voters from the state’s voter rolls. This is breathtaking. It couldn’t be clearer that the government is actively promoting voter fraud.

Somehow, the DOJ has determined that purging illegal voters — felons, noncitizens, the deceased — from the rolls is a violation of the 1965 Voting Rights Act as well as the 1993 National Voter Registration Act. According to the Miami Herald, the department’s lead civil rights attorney, T. Christian Herren Jr., sent the state “a detailed two-page letter” on Thursday demanding that Florida’s elections division shut down its pursuit.

So… it’s a violation of the Voting RIGHTS Act to make sure that everyone voting is actually eligible and has the RIGHT to vote, eh? But if Florida is running around purging a bunch of eligible people from the rolls and depriving them of their fundamental rights, I can understand how Eric Holder would feel the need to intervene. So, Andrew, how many people are being purged from the rolls thus far?

What’s missing from Herren’s complaint is the fact that no one is actually moved off the rolls until they are found to be ineligible. Simply sending names to county elections supervisors to confirm eligibility, which is what Florida officials are doing, discriminates against no one. Either the person is eligible to vote or not.

No one is harassed or summarily tossed off the voter rolls. There is no poll tax or literacy test.

Groups on the left could find “discrimination” on Mars. So of course they declare that Florida’s attempt to certify the integrity of its voter rosters is discriminatory. They lament that requiring the voters in question to prove they are eligible is a burden on voters rather than on government.

Florida has responded, saying they’ll answer Washington in the coming week.

I had pretty much the same discussion with a liberal correspondent on Twitter this weekend and I always find it frustrating. Believe it or not, I understand some of the concerns and fears expressed by people objecting to both voter ID and a review of voter rolls. It’s far too easy for government at any level to attempt to “fix” a problem and wind up making it worse through incompetence or overreach. I would hope that nobody wants to see a Poll Tax imposed on voters or revoke the voting rights of those eligible to participate. But at the same time, could we not all agree that if someone casts a fraudulent vote a crime has been committed? And does the government not have the authority – and obligation – to prevent the commission of said crime? These are the answers I can never seem to get from people crying about Republican efforts to “suppress the vote” or “keep minorities from the polls.”

One last point is that this discussion in Florida highlights a key issue which the various states and the nation will have to address sooner or later. We do a fairly good job of recording citizens who are born, when they enter the work force and where they live. (At least every ten years.) What we don’t seem to have any mechanism for, however, is recording when they die. I’m not sure how we tackle that or how such a process would be viewed in terms of constitutional law. But I’m open to suggestions.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

Oh, they’re gonna try to steal Florida. Count on it. I’d go be a poll-watcher, but my precinct is overwhelmingly Rethuglican as is the county supervisor of elections.

Lanceman on June 3, 2012 at 8:04 PM

So….about that upcoming election…still feel like staying home “to make a point?”…

BlaxPac on June 3, 2012 at 8:04 PM

Florida Voter Purge Will Continue, Defying Federal Warning

Despite a Justice Department letter, objections from county elections officials and evidence that a disproportionate number are voters of color, Florida Secretary of State Ken Detzner’s office planned to continue scrubbing the election rolls, a spokesman said Friday. Gov. Rick Scott (R) ordered the search for potentially ineligible voters.

Flora Duh on June 3, 2012 at 8:07 PM

My father in law passed away in FL last year. To my knowledge there was nothing amongst all the paperwork mom completed that notified the voter registration of his passing. Imagine all the elderly folks who pass on an annual basis in that state!

ctmom on June 3, 2012 at 8:11 PM

How dare those nasty Rethuglicans try to deny the dead their right to vote!

predator on June 3, 2012 at 8:11 PM

The only reason anyone would object to voter ID laws is that they plan to cheat.

garnkikaloid on June 3, 2012 at 8:11 PM

Florida Voter Purge Will Continue, Defying Federal Warning

Flora Duh on June 3, 2012 at 8:07 PM

GOOD. Holder has absolutely NO AUTHORITY to command a state to halt purging NON CITIZENS (who are not eligible to vote) from their rolls.

wildcat72 on June 3, 2012 at 8:12 PM

FL should respond with a pile of boring stats on who has been purged and why. X confirmed deceased. Y confirmed to have moved to another state. Etc.

I had a hell of a time getting MD to remove me from their rolls after I moved to SC. They insisted I send a signed FAX asking to be removed. Even after I did that they sent sample ballots to my SC home for almost a year.

Gee, I wonder how many times I “voted.”

Pythagoras on June 3, 2012 at 8:12 PM

Eric Holder should be wearing an orange jump suit.

NeoKong on June 3, 2012 at 8:12 PM

Doesn’t FL have a voter ID law now, too?

Wethal on June 3, 2012 at 8:12 PM

I’ll go out on a limb and suggest that this is inaccurate reporting – a result of Holder derangement syndrome.
Bet this will light up Malkin’s site.

verbaluce on June 3, 2012 at 8:12 PM

Beyond Barackabama and The Mooche, Eric Holder is reason #3 to vote for Romney.

SouthernGent on June 3, 2012 at 8:13 PM

I hate to dash your hopes, but I have seen a lot of comments from a lot of people on this very website who want to do one or more of the following:

- Raise the minimum voting age back up to 21
- Take away the right to vote from people who are currently paying no income taxes
- Take away the right to vote from people who are on any form of government assistance (Food stamps, welfare, unemployment assistance, social security, etc)

Thankfully none of these proposals would ever have a chance of becoming law, but still, it is disturbing that people would even want to prevent certain groups of people from voting.

theoddmanout on June 3, 2012 at 8:13 PM

BTW, Mr. Holder, since you’re worried about Voter intimidation and Voter fraud…how come there aren’t DOJ Attorney Paratroopers jumping all over this?

BlaxPac on June 3, 2012 at 8:13 PM

As is usually the case with the Florida Secretary of State, you have the article that I posted above of them bragging they will defy the DOJ’s order. Then a short time later you have them caving to the DOJ.

Rick Scott: state is “absolutely not” targeting minorities in noncitizen voter purge

Scott wouldn’t say whether the state will heed DOJ’s order, which it rendered last night in a two-page letter accusing Florida of breaking two federal voting laws.

“The Secretary of State’s office is going to review what the Department of Justice has said,” he said “And then we’re going to make a decision.”

But the decision might have already been made for Scott – by the county supervisors of elections who announced moments later that they will cease the search for noncitizen voters.

Flora Duh on June 3, 2012 at 8:14 PM

The National Voter Registration Act requires states to make every effort to monitor and maintain clean and accurate voter rolls, Browne Dianis said. But the same law also says efforts must take place 90 days or more before a federal election begins. Florida voters are set to vote in a primary Aug. 14 that includes candidates seeking congressional seats — meaning the state has missed the three-month deadline.

… for the primary

J_Crater on June 3, 2012 at 8:15 PM

@ Jazz Shaw: no poll tax, but no vote for those who receive taxpayer money.

garnkikaloid on June 3, 2012 at 8:15 PM

wildcat72 on June 3, 2012 at 8:12 PM

He says it’s raaaaacist, so the 1965 Voting Rights Act implicated.

Wethal on June 3, 2012 at 8:15 PM

wildcat72 on June 3, 2012 at 8:12 PM

Absolutely correct. It is the states’ legislatures charged with the method of choosing electors.

Lanceman on June 3, 2012 at 8:17 PM

I’ve been following this story and it makes me sick to my stomach. My bad, I suppose. I should have known that our vaunted Dept. of Fast and Furious could not stand idly by while a swing state attempted to get an accurate account of voter rolls.

By hook or by crook. Heavy on the crook.

4Grace on June 3, 2012 at 8:17 PM

All of my relatives who have died have been added to the social security death index within a few months of passing. So there are public death available. I think the problem is correlating them with voting rolls. You don’t want to take Manuel O’Reilly off the voter rolls because Manuel O’Reilly Jr. with the same address died.

willr on June 3, 2012 at 8:17 PM

Man – if I lived in FL and actually had some sort of sway? I’d totally be sending bounty hunters after this guy for tampering with my elections. I’m sure Stephanie Plum could take him…

affenhauer on June 3, 2012 at 8:17 PM

- Raise the minimum voting age back up to 21

theoddmanout on June 3, 2012 at 8:13 PM

What is wrong with those ideas?

Unless we pass a Constitutional Amendment that removes the parasites from being eligible to vote, we are doomed to eventual default and collapse.

Politicians should not be able to buy votes with taxpayer’s money.

If you want to vote and participate as a citizen, then that should be incentive enough to work for a living.

wildcat72 on June 3, 2012 at 8:17 PM

the Sunshine State

Doesn’t it rain like 40% of days in FL?

AZ is the sunshine state.

Either way, there’s too much sunshine in both states, so Holder will be suing them for contributing to global warming.
As soon as his other suits against AZ & FL are done.

itsnotaboutme on June 3, 2012 at 8:17 PM

the 1993 National Voter Registration Act

The so-called Motor Voter Act was nothing less than an open invitation to commit voter fraud.

When Republicans regain control of the Senate, they need to repeal this terrible law and replace it with something that provides better safeguards for ensuring the integrity of our electoral system.

AZCoyote on June 3, 2012 at 8:17 PM

He says it’s raaaaacist, so the 1965 Voting Rights Act implicated.

Wethal on June 3, 2012 at 8:15 PM

The 1965 Voting Rights Act didn’t make voting as a non citizen a civil right.

wildcat72 on June 3, 2012 at 8:18 PM

theoddmanout on June 3, 2012 at 8:13 PM

You must be new or a lib.

Show me where in the Constitution a ‘right to vote’ is granted.

Lanceman on June 3, 2012 at 8:19 PM

WTH?

Who’s state has racial description of the voter?

Since that’s the case, how the heck does anyone know who is who?

Liberals. Heaven Help us…

BlaxPac on June 3, 2012 at 8:19 PM

- Raise the minimum voting age back up to 21

theoddmanout on June 3, 2012 at 8:13 PM

SS is not the same as food stamps/welfare. SS has been forcibly withheld from the paychecks of the People for decades. If anyone has a right to get it back, it is the People who were robbed to fund it.

As for the professional bums, why should those on the dole get to vote? They have [1] no stake in the nation, and [2] are generally ignorant of politics, history, current events and the Constitution. IOW, exactly the sort of people used by the dhimmicRATs to steal from the rest of us.

garnkikaloid on June 3, 2012 at 8:21 PM

God, I miss the days when there was still some subtlety and artistry to the Left’s voter fraud. It’s all just about the stolen votes now.

squint on June 3, 2012 at 8:22 PM

Flora Duh on June 3, 2012 at 8:14 PM

Arrgh. So frustrating and infuriating, Flora!

4Grace on June 3, 2012 at 8:22 PM

Flora Duh on June 3, 2012 at 8:14 PM

As always Flora..I can always count on you…thx

bazil9 on June 3, 2012 at 8:23 PM

Had we had a voter ID law in North Carolina he would not have won the state of NC and probably could not have won the presidency.”

This quote from a brain dead, ignorant, hypocrite of the CBC…who doesn’t even have the brains to realize what he’s just admitted to!

Rep. G.K. Butterfield, D-N.C

Twana on June 3, 2012 at 8:23 PM

Jazz

I disagree. The govt is quite good at knowing who is dead. The Social Security admin keeps very detailed and up to date records of who is alive (the govt only likes giving handouts to the living) . If a State was allowed to access the Federal SSA database, a very simple program could be written to compare voter roles with valid SSN’s and dates of death…quite simple, actually.

Would States ever be allowed such access? Probably never……

powerpickle on June 3, 2012 at 8:23 PM

Actually, the United States has the world’s best death recording system in the Social Security Death Registry. Therein people are identified by at least name, date of birth, and ss number. It would seem worthwhile to attach this system to the voter records. Or at the least to troll the state voter records by name and date of birth through the system. FWIW, most life insurers run their policies through it periodically to see if a policyholder has died.

levi from queens on June 3, 2012 at 8:24 PM

That and the 14th Amendment that allows these anchor clankers to bring their illegal broods over here.

Twana on June 3, 2012 at 8:27 PM

That is *not* why liberals are against this, and if they say as much, they are lying.

Midas on June 3, 2012 at 8:28 PM

Somehow, the DOJ has determined that purging illegal voters — felons, noncitizens, the deceased — from the rolls is a violation of the 1965 Voting Rights Act as well as the 1993 National Voter Registration Act.</blockquote

Heaven forbid.

Stay outta my state Holder..go talk to Darrell Issa or smoke a fatty with a Panther.

bazil9 on June 3, 2012 at 8:28 PM

This was setback was headlined in our FL paper.

I have to show my driver’s license and voter registration card to vote.

I think that a certificate of death has to be signed, but I don’t know the law. I assume by a physician, coroner, etc., but someone in an official capacity.

I would think that all certificate of deaths would be filed in the county, and it seems (!) fairly obvious that the county supervisor of elections could be automatically notified. I don’t see why there couldn’t be a state data base as well to try to prevent county fraud.

INC on June 3, 2012 at 8:28 PM

Huh… Apparently the only good Mexican is a “dead” Mexican, weird.

2Tru2Tru on June 3, 2012 at 8:28 PM

Jazz

powerpickle on June 3, 2012 at 8:23 PM

And yet we hear routinely about dead people receiving SS checks for prolonged periods after their demise.

Go figure.

Midas on June 3, 2012 at 8:29 PM

I’ve always had to show an ID when I voted here in central FL. I don’t understand why the Dems think they can make an issue out of this. After all, their clients have to show ID’s to get their “benefits”.

JimK on June 3, 2012 at 8:29 PM

FLORA OR BAZIL:

Didn’t Florida request help/coordination from the Feds when they began this process? I thought I read that they did so and were denied the access. Did this happen??

4Grace on June 3, 2012 at 8:30 PM

Doesn’t it rain like 40% of days in FL?

itsnotaboutme on June 3, 2012 at 8:17 PM

On a lighter note..yes. It is tropical here. Can rain everyday during the summer..some Thunder like you never heard. Always struck me funny-it was out name.

Guess Mickey and Minny will be voting again.

bazil9 on June 3, 2012 at 8:31 PM

barry soetoro X should have his social security number returned to the dead man he took it from.

Mr. Sun on June 3, 2012 at 8:33 PM

JimK on June 3, 2012 at 8:29 PM

Me too. The ladies ask for my D/L and check my signature.

Lanceman on June 3, 2012 at 8:33 PM

4Grace on June 3, 2012 at 8:30 PM

I will defer to Flora..she knows all. ;)

Hell, the small amount of time I have is spent on National news. I loose all the Fl new in complete.

bazil9 on June 3, 2012 at 8:33 PM

4Grace, Inc is also from here and usually is a great news source.

Inc..you have an answer?

bazil9 on June 3, 2012 at 8:34 PM

JimK on June 3, 2012 at 8:29 PM

The only reason to oppose voter ID laws is because you support election fraud. Which the democrat party does, they engage in it in every election.

Voter ID laws trash their favorite tactic: Get people registered in multiple precincts and bus them from place to place.

wildcat72 on June 3, 2012 at 8:36 PM

4Grace, Inc is also from here and usually is a great news source.

Inc..you have an answer?

bazil9 on June 3, 2012 at 8:34 PM

No. I don’t have the paper that headlined it. I’ll search.

INC on June 3, 2012 at 8:36 PM

theoddmanout on June 3, 2012 at 8:13 PM

They will become law when the US Government can no longer borrow without agreeing to terms imposed by the lenders.

pedestrian on June 3, 2012 at 8:36 PM

4grace-wake me up….

I just made a row of typo’s. Sorry all.
Preview is my friend.

bazil9 on June 3, 2012 at 8:37 PM

wildcat72 on June 3, 2012 at 8:36 PM

The just go in the back room and stuff the ballots. They don’t need witnesses, they just need names.

pedestrian on June 3, 2012 at 8:37 PM

Can rain everyday during the summer..

bazil9 on June 3, 2012 at 8:31 PM

Yeah, you tell me when the last year that happened was. My weeds have been dying for several seasons.

Lanceman on June 3, 2012 at 8:38 PM

Personally, I’m against representation without taxation.

Qzsusy on June 3, 2012 at 8:39 PM

No. I don’t have the paper that headlined it. I’ll search.

INC on June 3, 2012 at 8:36 PM

Thx..kinds out of sorts tonight. Otherwise I would try. You and Flora always have your research skillz as sharp as my JA Henckle chef knife.

bazil9 on June 3, 2012 at 8:39 PM

Long past time to purge government of Holder and BHO.

Difficultas_Est_Imperium on June 3, 2012 at 8:40 PM

Huh… Apparently the only good Mexican is a “dead” Mexican, weird.
2Tru2Tru on June 3, 2012 at 8:28 PM

So says the Hon. Mr. Holder, apparently…

affenhauer on June 3, 2012 at 8:40 PM

Lanceman on June 3, 2012 at 8:38 PM

Friday and many days last week. Got the pool filled up and my grass grow rapidly. I hear ya though. Not the same as it use to be. Goes in cycles.

bazil9 on June 3, 2012 at 8:41 PM

SS is not the same as food stamps/welfare. SS has been forcibly withheld from the paychecks of the People for decades. If anyone has a right to get it back, it is the People who were robbed to fund it…

garnkikaloid on June 3, 2012 at 8:21 PM

I see a disturbing trend over the last couple of years from a minority on both sides of the political divide to equate Social Security with welfare and food stamps. Not sure what the objective is there.

slickwillie2001 on June 3, 2012 at 8:41 PM

theoddmanout on June 3, 2012 at 8:13 PM

Did you even read the post. Or are you just dropping a turd and hiding?

Bmore on June 3, 2012 at 8:42 PM

Here you go.

FL asked for help from the Feds and received none:

Late Thursday, Christian Herren, the department’s chief civil rights lawyer, gave Secretary of State Ken Detzner until June 6 to halt the voter roll review that has drawn sharp opposition from Democrats and minority groups.

Secretary of state spokesman Chris Cate responded in an email Friday morning that the state hasn’t thoroughly reviewed Herren’s letter, but defended the ongoing review….

On Thursday, prior to Herren’s letter, the state continued to press the Department of Homeland Security to open its database to Florida to provide more updated citizenship information.

“We provided information to the U.S. Department of Homeland Security yesterday, and have been doing so for nearly nine months, in hopes that the federal government would help us identify ineligible voters,” Cate wrote.

INC on June 3, 2012 at 8:43 PM

bazil9 on June 3, 2012 at 8:41 PM

I did mean previous years. More rain this year, but not enough.

Lanceman on June 3, 2012 at 8:44 PM

Bmore on June 3, 2012 at 8:42 PM

I say both A and B

bazil9 on June 3, 2012 at 8:44 PM

bazil9 on June 3, 2012 at 8:34 PM

Thanks for the info, bazil. :)

4Grace on June 3, 2012 at 8:44 PM

slickwillie2001 on June 3, 2012 at 8:41 PM

The objective is to scare the elderly. Part of the Dem playbook for as long as I can remember. The evil Republicans want to starve Grandpa and Grandma.

chewmeister on June 3, 2012 at 8:45 PM

bazil9 on June 3, 2012 at 8:39 PM

I saw the headline and didn’t bother to read the column because I knew the kind of tripe and outrage it would contain.

INC on June 3, 2012 at 8:45 PM

slickwillie2001 on June 3, 2012 at 8:41 PM

Social Security benefits after age 65 for those who paid the tax= getting something you paid for.

However, keep in mind that Social Security has other programs, such as SSI/Disability WHICH IS AN OUT AND OUT WELFARE PROGRAM.

People getting permanent Social Security disability benefits is AT AN ALL TIME HIGH. It is also a HUGE business for trial lawyers (who often advertise encouraging people to go for this). The trial lawyer gets a HUGE cut of the benefits awarded. There was a scandal in my area a couple years back, one of the federal judges was basically rubber stamping ANY application for Social Security disability. He finally got caught and resigned.

wildcat72 on June 3, 2012 at 8:45 PM

I know Lanceman.
May come late..we dont need no fires.
Back in 1999- 520 was up in smoke..Fire Fighters from every where to help.

bazil9 on June 3, 2012 at 8:45 PM

DOJ suddenly interested in FLA voter rolls

…and still dragging it’s feet on Fast and Furious!

KOOLAID2 on June 3, 2012 at 8:46 PM

More spending??

I doubt the anti any spending that benefits the middle class but okay to spend as much as you want invading other countries crowd would approve of that.

Uppereastside on June 3, 2012 at 8:46 PM

Did you even read the post. Or are you just dropping a turd and hiding?
Bmore on June 3, 2012 at 8:42 PM

Hey, now: can’t be disenfranchising the dead/”undocumenteds”/ MPD voters now…

affenhauer on June 3, 2012 at 8:46 PM

4grace-wake me up….

I just made a row of typo’s. Sorry all.
Preview is my friend.

bazil9 on June 3, 2012 at 8:37 PM

Lolz, I always forget Preview, and it shows.

4Grace on June 3, 2012 at 8:46 PM

How can you deny these poor people the right to vote?

john1schn on June 3, 2012 at 8:46 PM

The state whittled that list to more than 2,600 voters and sent those names to the counties’ election supervisors. A Miami Herald analysis of the list found that it was dominated by Democrats, independents and Hispanics. The largest number were from Miami-Dade, home to the state’s largest foreign-born population.

In Miami-Dade, 359 voters have provided proof that they are citizens. The county determined on its own that an additional 26 were citizens, while 10 others either admitted they were ineligible or asked to be removed from the voting rolls.

Voters have 30 days from the receipt of the letter to provide documentation of citizenship or they will be removed from the rolls.

Any effort to remove names from Broward’s voting rolls draws particular scrutiny because it is the most Democratic county in the state. It has more than 500,000 registered Democrats and could play a pivotal role in the outcome of a close presidential or U.S. Senate contest in November.

Deutch called Internicola an “American hero” and described him as “the face of Gov. Scott’s request to purge our voter rolls.”

The Republican Secretary of State actually resigned over being asked to use such a wrong list to purge the voter rolls. This is only happening because a new Secretary of State agreed to do this.

I wonder how many people here would be OK with a Democratic governor compiling a list of primarily Republican citizens, claiming they are supposedly “non-citizens,” and sending letters demanding proof of citizenship within 30 days or automatic removal from the voting rolls.

jd3181 on June 3, 2012 at 8:46 PM

chewmeister on June 3, 2012 at 8:45 PM

Whereas the Obamacare Death Panels will give Granny and Grandpa a cheap pain pill and counsel them on “end of life”. Especially if they are registered Republicans.

wildcat72 on June 3, 2012 at 8:47 PM

After all, their clients have to show ID’s to get their “benefits”.

JimK on June 3, 2012 at 8:29 PM

I’ve wondered about this, do welfare, foodstamp, wic, etc recipients have to show a photo i.d. to collect those freebies??

Tim Zank on June 3, 2012 at 8:48 PM

Back in 1999- 520 was up in smoke..Fire Fighters from every where to help.

bazil9 on June 3, 2012 at 8:45 PM

I remember. Coming back from Tennessee, visibility from Jacksonville to Whorelando was 10 feet in some areas. You usta could get killed on 520 on a clear day.

Lanceman on June 3, 2012 at 8:48 PM

Uppereastside on June 3, 2012 at 8:46 PM

Wtf?

chewmeister on June 3, 2012 at 8:48 PM

theoddmanout on June 3, 2012 at 8:13 PM

You mean like the felons, illegals and the dead? Tell me you forgot sarc tag.

hillsoftx on June 3, 2012 at 8:48 PM

bazil9 on June 3, 2012 at 8:39 PM

I hope your out of sorts getted sorted out!

4Grace,

I found the info and posted it above. Yes, FL has been asking the DHS for help for 9 months and has received none.

INC on June 3, 2012 at 8:49 PM

INC on June 3, 2012 at 8:43 PM

That’s the one! Thank you INC. You da bomb.

4Grace on June 3, 2012 at 8:49 PM

BlaxPac on June 3, 2012 at 8:04 PM

Staying home? Hell, I’m gonna show up to vote Obama to teach you morons a lesson!/ Hondav65

thebrokenrattle on June 3, 2012 at 8:49 PM

Holder is laying the pipe necessary for Obama and the Dems to challenge the result in several states if Obama loses a close election.

IF Obama loses, Lib/ACORN/Dems will I think contest the result in several states on the grounds of voting rights act violations/voting rights discrimination, and they will accept no result that doesnt declare Obama the winner.

Sacramento on June 3, 2012 at 8:49 PM

Wtf?

chewmeister on June 3, 2012 at 8:48 PM

Wasting your time on a fool who has not clue one of how the world works.

Lanceman on June 3, 2012 at 8:49 PM

Thanks for the info, bazil. :)

4Grace on June 3, 2012 at 8:44 PM

4 U $ Grace- anything. :)
Anytime, I got HA friends in high places. lol

I have a nerve damage in my right paw. Hurts to type to much or be quick on the draw.
Inc is another great poster. I see she found the answer you were seeking.

bazil9 on June 3, 2012 at 8:49 PM

We also don’t do a good job of recording moves. I could have voted in one state long after I was registered in another. I know because my parents told me I was still on the rolls.

It won’t happen because the Dems rely on this kind of fraud but there really should be a national registry for voters.

Happy Nomad on June 3, 2012 at 8:50 PM

woops..meant 4 and 4

bazil9 on June 3, 2012 at 8:50 PM

More spending??

Uppereastside on June 3, 2012 at 8:46 PM

Says the teet sucking, moocher, investment troll.

Bmore on June 3, 2012 at 8:50 PM

You mean like the felons, illegals and the dead? Tell me you forgot sarc tag.

hillsoftx on June 3, 2012 at 8:48 PM

You forgot welfare brood-mares.

Lanceman on June 3, 2012 at 8:50 PM

BlaxPac on June 3, 2012 at 8:04 PM

I’m writing in Sarah Palin to teach the GOP a lesson.

/MaxipadConservative

CorporatePiggy on June 3, 2012 at 8:51 PM

This isn’t the first order coming from Holder that hasn’t seemed itself legal to me. He forbids us to enforce the laws except the ones he happens to agree with. That ain’t the way it works.

Shay on June 3, 2012 at 8:51 PM

4Grace on June 3, 2012 at 8:49 PM

You’re welcome.

The only thing transparent about the Obama administration is their ever present machinations to stack the deck.

INC on June 3, 2012 at 8:51 PM

I’m writing in Sarah Palin to teach the GOP a lesson.

/MaxipadConservative

CorporatePiggy on June 3, 2012 at 8:51 PM

You’re no capitalist piglet.

But at least you ain’t corporate hog either.

Lanceman on June 3, 2012 at 8:53 PM

We need a civil war that pits the 50 states against the Federal Government. 300 million people vs. a bunch of bureaucrats.

ardenenoch on June 3, 2012 at 8:54 PM

bazil9 on June 3, 2012 at 8:49 PM

Thanks. :)

Sorry about your hand. :(

4Grace on June 3, 2012 at 8:54 PM

Hmmm, it makes one wonder about Bush/Gore.

petunia on June 3, 2012 at 8:55 PM

I am stunned, HOTAIR posts on Holder…..NO F’N way…can’t be, the planet stopped spinning….wait, ok I see, as long as race is not involved………….only Floridians. If I had son?

dmann on June 3, 2012 at 8:55 PM

woops..meant 4 and 4

bazil9 on June 3, 2012 at 8:50 PM

That’s OK. $ signs are good. ;)

4Grace on June 3, 2012 at 8:56 PM

Couldn’t be more obvious… Florida is a “must win” for The One; if illegal aliens, felons and dead people don’t vote, his chances of winning are significantly lower. C’mon… this is the moment for which Eric Holder was placed at the helm of DOJ!

morganfrost on June 3, 2012 at 8:57 PM