Video: The cookie monsters

posted at 5:35 pm on June 1, 2012 by Allahpundit

Granted, this clip is four years old, but (a) Uproxx says it’s “just now going viral,” (b) I’d never seen it before, (c) we need a palate cleanser, and (d) it’s timeless. A thousand years from now, anthropologists will sift through the rubble of our failed civilization, find this video, cue it up, and understand instantly. “This is where it started,” they’ll say, exchanging knowing glances. “This was the beginning of the end.”

Your lives are about to change, my friends. And not for the better.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

How much did that Starbucks cost??????

Elchasebo on June 3, 2012 at 12:11 AM

I few posters have stated that they will end up with multiple children from multiple fathers, fat, ugly and on the welfare roles in 10-15 years.

From what I have read about them since their grab-and-dash with the Girl Scout I predict they’ll end up, at least one anyway, as hookers who will kill a “client” while robbing him and end up on death row.

Folks have been mentioning the Starbucks drinks they were slurping on. I have a feeling they were paid for by the reporterette for the interview.

YiZhangZhe on June 2, 2012 at 11:16 AM

I believe you are correct, they are amoral. I saw this and thought that this is what Jesus meant when he warned us not to throw our pearls before swine.

Bubba Redneck on June 3, 2012 at 12:55 AM

That’s quite honestly the most frightening video I’ve ever seen. What a waste of human life.

BrideOfRove on June 3, 2012 at 10:42 AM

But really, isn’t that the democratic philosophy? People are out there working their asses off everyday, but the money isn’t really theirs to keep. If it can be taken, it will be taken. What a metaphor for this age. Profound shit, man.

Allahpundit nails it to the wall with this post.

BrideOfRove on June 3, 2012 at 10:45 AM

Spread the wealth around.

BrideOfRove on June 3, 2012 at 10:46 AM

There are several other news clips about these two. The redhead’s parents put her in a lockup rehab for 6 months. Blondie ended up serving time for kidnapping in an attempted robbery of a drug dealer, so some of the predictions of how these young ladies would turn out are not far off.

I have a 12-year-old daughter. She is one of the best people I’ve ever met (pats self on back) so I have little fear of her taking this kind of turn. But I’m also prepared to make a major course correction if she starts down this kind of path. I haven’t had to spank her in about 5 years, but I’ve told her she’s eligible for corporal punishment until age 21 and she knows I mean it.

Wingo on June 3, 2012 at 10:48 AM

“Me and my friend were like…”

“Her and her mom…”

/public schools

mankai on June 3, 2012 at 11:24 AM

Please say hello to the future heads of the IRS and HHS.

stuartm650 on June 3, 2012 at 1:05 PM

AP, in just few short words you’ve proven yet once more that you are the King of bloggers. Awesome.

Ugly on June 3, 2012 at 2:43 PM

Didn’t one of these two go jail over a kidnapping charge?

MunDane68 on June 3, 2012 at 3:36 PM

Both of them would be easy pickin’s by a Charles Manson type. Very, very sad.

Jim - PRS on June 3, 2012 at 5:00 PM

Yep, I went to school with some of these people. Or close facsimiles thereof.

By the time we graduated 5 people in my graduating class had been convicted of felonies. And STUPID felonies.

3 guys “borrowed” another student’s car, during school hours, (and not knowing to double-clutch a an import) busted the transmission; then when offered to have the charges dropped if they’d put in the labor to replace it under the girl’s father chose to be charged instead.

Yeah… the dad offered to buy the part, and supervise the installation and drop the charges if they’d come by after school and fix their mistake (and not even cover the cost) and they passed.

Two girls convicted of forgery, cashiers at the grocery store, modifying personal checks from customers (with a single pen, not always the same color as the pen used to write the checks).

And those are just the ones I knew of and could personally verify (I was friends of friends with one of the car thieves; who told me about the deal and that he wasn’t taking it; and I worked at the grocery store).

I’ve skipped all reunions with my graduating class… I figure I’m not missing anything important.

gekkobear on June 3, 2012 at 6:18 PM

Do an experiment-go into a coffee establishment (ie. Starbucks/Caribou) and ask the employees how often bridge cards (welfare cards) are used-your head will explode.

Money for people who really need it, it fine, but a whole lot of people who think they do…simply don’t.

sDs61678 on June 1, 2012 at 6:19 PM

My girlfriend’s youngest daughter is the manager of a local fast food establishment. She told me that her daughter gets customers in the store all the time who place an order that totals $13.56, say, but all they have in their wallet is $10. Maybe if they scrounge around for change, they boost it to $11.03, but then they get all offended if they don’t get what they ordered because … “Hey, it’s close enough. Now gimme my food.”

PatriotGal2257 on June 3, 2012 at 8:53 PM

Sometimes, only sometimes, I think that China has the right way to deal with this – i hate to use the word “people”, so how about these scum.

rgranger on June 3, 2012 at 8:56 PM

“these!” I meant “these” :)

rgranger on June 3, 2012 at 8:56 PM

gekkobear

Yup.

insidiator on June 4, 2012 at 7:39 AM

This really shouldn’t be a surprise to anyone. It’s the same mindset when we commit any offense against God (sin).

- We somehow find a lame or sophistic way to justify our sin.
- We rarely find remorse for our sin. Even when caught and suffer the consequences.
- Our desire for sin blinds us from the consequences.
- We even feel unjustly punished when we suffer the consequences.
- Our sin tells God that He is not in charge but I we are.
- The temptation of sin is not prejudicial off the outward appearance of people.
- The love of sin is rooted in the hearts of people.
- Our sin separates us from the joy of God.
- Sin provides a temporal good feeling.

shick on June 4, 2012 at 9:21 AM

PatriotGal2257 on June 3, 2012 at 8:53 PM

I encountered the same behavior working at a Starbucks in a wealthy area of Santa Monica.

There was one particular customer that always tried to get extra shots or drink upgrades for free. She’d order 1 shot of espresso then sigh loudly and if you asked her how her day was she’d say “Not so good. But it’d be better if you’d make that a latte.”

My manager told us to stop giving her stuff for free (because it was getting out of hand). The first time I refused to give her a free upgrade, she called and complained to get me fired (which didn’t work).

By the way, she drove a mercedes SUV and lived in the neighborhood where the cheapest homes were worth over 1 million dollars.

She was the worst but we had other customers that behaved similarly.

JadeNYU on June 4, 2012 at 12:39 PM

Reading these posts is really a cross section of what life is all about. There are those that will take advantage of you no matter what and there are those that you do them a favor and they are your friend for life. All part of growing up and maturing and realizing there isn’t much you can do about it but you learn to be careful.

mixplix on June 4, 2012 at 6:49 PM

A classic example of IQ matching shoe size. Obama voters if they even could be bothered.

LCT688 on June 5, 2012 at 1:43 AM

Then Bonnie went on to meet Clyde. And now you know…the rest of the story. (finale bullet-ridden scene)

Coronagold on June 5, 2012 at 11:46 PM

wouldn’t the stolen money have to come out of the kids pockets? don’t they have to cover the cost of the cookies sold/gone?

these girls are wretched – and will end up in jail

so-notbuyingit on June 5, 2012 at 11:54 PM

Bubba Redneck on June 3, 2012 at 12:55 AM

Sorry, not yet anyhow.

Who had kidnapping an elderly man at gunpoint for his prescription medication?

I had “set fire to her parents house just to listen to them scream” so I’ve lost out as well (again, at least for now).

And I can’t find the name of the redhead, as she was underage so her name wasn’t printed in the stories… she very well may have killed a “john” I guess.

gekkobear on June 6, 2012 at 12:54 AM

Oh, nevermind… Diana Zeltser. I can find the name. Just took longer.

No obvious arrest records for the past 4 years; at least none that put her online again.

gekkobear on June 6, 2012 at 1:01 AM