Obamateurism of the Day

posted at 8:01 am on June 1, 2012 by Ed Morrissey

This was the official White House Photo of the Day for Memorial Day on Monday. No, I am not kidding (via Moonbattery):

President Barack Obama is reflected in the Vietnam Veterans Memorial wall as he delivers remarks during the 50th Anniversary of the Vietnam War commemoration ceremony in Washington, D.C., May 28, 2012. (Official White House Photo by Pete Souza)

Really?  The takeaway image of Memorial Day for the Obama White House is the silhouette of non-veteran Obama on a memorial to war dead, complete with glowing halo around his head?  Oooooooooo-keedokee.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

President Obama is the greatest President we have ever had since January of 2009.
He is the greatest Afro-American President we have ever had.
President Obama is the greatest President from Hawaii we have ever had.
President probably knows more about marijuana than any other American President.
President Obama is our skinniest President ever.
We know less about President Obama, than we do about Lindsay Lohan…
I am sure you keep this list of unique accomplishments by His Majestyness, going on indefinitely

Frank_D on June 1, 2012 at 12:35 PM

The Punk who is president, for a few more months.

Schadenfreude on June 1, 2012 at 12:40 PM

Absolutely turns my stomach.

Almost as disgusting as Obama’s photo-op at the ceremony for the Navy SEALs who were killed.

The families said no pictures but Team Obama couldn’t resist one photo of BO saluting–trying to look like a CIC. Then they had the gall to distribute the photo to the media.

My dad was a Navy man, a WWII veteran.
If he was alive to see the Obamas exploiting our military I can only imagine how my dad would react–he would be cursing like a sailor!!!

bailey24 on June 1, 2012 at 12:49 PM

I watched the Bush presidential portrait ceremony. When the portrait was unveiled, I was totally shocked that the artist had not included The One’s shadow somewhere.

Wait… That painting over Bush’s shoulder, is the rider? No it couldn’t be. Please someone, say it isn’t.

WestTexasBirdDog on June 1, 2012 at 12:56 PM

A lot of reports came in about Obama closing the Vietnam Veterans Memorial for several hours to get it ready, and safe, for his 15 minute ‘tribute’ (photo shoot). Veterans and family members were kept away during this time; except for a few Obama supporters!

dahni on June 1, 2012 at 1:01 PM

I didn’t think I could loathe the man any more than yesterday when the WH announced that he didn’t back a bill to outlaw gendercide. The man keeps topping himself and reaching new depths. Putz.

Mallard T. Drake on June 1, 2012 at 1:02 PM

The steady stream of photos from the WH and LSM with he-whom-I-can’t-name and his halo is simply rehearsal for all the images we shall see and revere should he still be at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue on January 21, 2013. Get your incense ready.

“They charge us on two points: that we do not offer sacrifice to the Emperor’s image and that we do not believe in the same gods as the State.” –Athenagoras

Apothegmophilus on June 1, 2012 at 1:05 PM

Are you guys kidding? He is the greatest Warrior ever;

He Got Bin Laden, he got “Al Qaeda’s #2 in Afghanistan five or six times, piloting drone aircraft remotely from the golf course, He Conquered Libya, He wrote and deployed the Stuxnet Virus and took down Iran’s nuke building .

All by himself!

Good thing he has that halo, or people might think he is some sort of demon of war, rather than a Peaceful, all loving, Melanin Enhanced Jesus.

LegendHasIt on June 1, 2012 at 1:07 PM

Not only is the Ayers/Dhorn(sp?) connection despicable, Oblame-o’s grandparents took him to a Unitarian church on Sundays, one where they hid draft dodgers and deserters during that timeframe.

That pic is beyond disgusting. I’ve been to the Wall, an uncle was MIA and then confirmed dead in ’69. Those folks didn’t sacrifice their lives such that a narcissistic j/o like Dear Leader could use Memorial Day at the Wall for a campaign stop.

franciscodanconia on June 1, 2012 at 1:13 PM

Obnoxious
Bloviating
Arrogant
Malignant
Amateurish

UnrepentantCurmudgeon on June 1, 2012 at 1:16 PM

My, what a touching photo. Oh, is it an election year again?

Never forget what is underneath. Things like:

People join the military because they have nothing else. It’s a depository for those without a place in normal society. It’s a career for the uneducated who like to play with guns. In other words, your typical rural area in Arkansas or Alabama.

angryed on May 10, 2012 at 2:15 PM

rogerb on June 1, 2012 at 1:20 PM

LMFAO.

The man has become a cliche.

A Narcissistic, immature, empathy-free, disconnected, it’s-all-about-me, marxist, d-bag, liberal.

That picture indeed does “speak a thousand words”.

Tim_CA on June 1, 2012 at 1:23 PM

WestTexasBirdDog on June 1, 2012 at 12:56 PM

Thankfully, no. Here is the description by yesterday’s Dallas Morning News :

President George W. Bush is portrayed standing in the center of the Oval Office in the West Wing. His right hand rests on an armchair made for the White House in 1818 by District of Columbia cabinetmaker William King, Jr. A corner of the “Resolute desk,” presented to the White House by Queen Victoria in 1880, can be seen behind the chair. Over his right shoulder hangs a 1929 western painting, A Charge to Keep, by William H. D. Koerner. The President, who had used the same title for his 1999 memoir, often called attention to that painting and its significance.

Apothegmophilus on June 1, 2012 at 1:30 PM

Never forget what is underneath. Things like:

angryed on May 10, 2012 at 2:15 PM

rogerb on June 1, 2012 at 1:20 PM

..roger, I never saw that comment; thanks for re-posting it. If that assshole ever shows up here again we ought to remind him what a festering piece of camel afterbirth he is.

Excuse me, but I am livid. If angryed ever mugged, beaten, robbed, contracts colon cancer, and gets run over by a garbage truck, I will search the ends of the earth for his final resting place, go there, and take a massive dump on his grave.

The guy is a sniveling, rotten piece of filth.

Note to Ed: sorry if my rant is bannable. I am just very disjointed that someone would actually admit to what that bastid said.

The War Planner on June 1, 2012 at 1:44 PM

The War Planner on June 1, 2012 at 1:44 PM

Re: angryed

Unfortunately many of the leftests beleive this drivel. They ignore all of the facts associated with military service and those who serve, project their own cowardly a$$es onto society as a whole, and assume that the only way anyone would join the military is if they had no other options. This POS has no integrity or honor and richley deserves to be ignored for the irrelevancy he is.

conservativecaveman on June 1, 2012 at 1:58 PM

No way this was an actual picture. How do you get a picture of another man in the head silhouette of another man.

Unbelievable!!!!!!!!

Barred on June 1, 2012 at 2:21 PM

He dares to cast his haloed faked silhouette on the wall of our sacred war dead…. There aren’t many families who don’t know a name on that wall..

“If a prophet or a dreamer of dreams arises among you and gives you a sign or a wonder, and the sign or wonder that he tells you comes to pass, and if he says, ‘Let us go after other gods,’ which you have not known, ‘and let us serve them,’ you shall not listen to the words of that prophet or that dreamer of dreams. For the Lord your God is testing you, to know whether you love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul. You shall walk after the Lord your God and fear him and keep his commandments and obey his voice, and you shall serve him and hold fast to him. But that prophet or that dreamer of dreams shall be put to death, because he has taught rebellion against the Lord your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt and redeemed you out of the house of slavery, to make you leave the way in which the Lord your God commanded you to walk.

So you shall purge the evil from your midst. … ~Deuteronomy 13:1-18

Obama’s continuous use of halo’s in his press release images is idolatry at it’s worst and offends a great many American who see it as the blasphemy as it is. An attempt to lure the stupid into a zealous fan worship.. a personality cult.

He’s literally playing with fire.

For that God is his judge.. but for using our war dead as a stage prop.. he answers to us. No president in living memory has so openly blatantly used the military living or dead as an election prop like he has. A street corner pimp would have more class. Obama has shown time and again he has zero respect for deeply felt American traditions.. he has acted in ways so low rent that it would be denounced as crass in every trailer park. Tone deaf.. a tin ear unmatched… he’d wear feathers to a funeral if it got everyone to look at him.

mark81150 on June 1, 2012 at 2:23 PM

Five more months!
Five more months!
Five more months!

Adjoran on June 1, 2012 at 2:28 PM

How could anybody in politics not see that this was a bad idea? Is somebody trying to make a fool of Mr Obama? Does the White House contain a worm that has turned?

YiZhangZhe on June 1, 2012 at 2:31 PM

This is absolutely reprehensible.

The man is an absolute megalomaniac.

YiZhangZhe on June 1, 2012 at 2:31 PM

I don’t know. I’m more inclined to think this was selected/photoshopped and ordered from the top down, i.e., Jarrett or one of her minions. I can’t see that a photographer would be allowed to have the authority to make the final selection.

IMHO, those in the “inner circle” who surround and support megalomaniacs tend to be delusional as well.

INC on June 1, 2012 at 2:57 PM

The guy is a sniveling, rotten piece of filth.

The War Planner on June 1, 2012 at 1:44 PM

I was online when he posted it.. why anyone ever thought he was sane is beyond me. He has gone off the rails before.. ranting about Ann Romney before the latest snafu with the media clowns. He actually mocked her cancer and MS… her raising 5 sons as nothing and she was nothing.. scum to him because apparently she wasn’t as well aquainted with the poor as the six figure paid for showing up made up job Michelle Obama was.. he openly admitted more than once he was going to vote for Obama.

I was for Rick at the time and many of us regardless of who we liked called him out on his woman hating rant.

I hope Ed understands.. the feelings here run deep on service and honor. I’m sure he will.. I’ve crossed the line before like that..

mark81150 on June 1, 2012 at 2:59 PM

How could anybody in politics not see that this was a bad idea?
YiZhangZhe on June 1, 2012 at 2:31 PM

All of their experience in politics seems to be from one state and even one city, where such behavior perhaps raises no outcry; and thus, having no experience of the national sentiment, they have no judgment about proper behavior.

“You can have ten years of experience, or one year of experience ten times.”

AesopFan on June 1, 2012 at 3:00 PM

AesopFan on June 1, 2012 at 3:00 PM

I think you have a valid point. Such behavior in Chicago is not at all surprising from the ruling elite there. Who was that placeholder who took Obama’s Senate seat? He has been working on his own memorial and has new accomplishments chiseled into the marble as they occur during his life. Chicago must be the final resting place of rampant narcissists.

AZfederalist on June 1, 2012 at 4:26 PM

I’d stopped reading the OOTD column because I was tired of getting pissed off every morning. But when I saw the number of responses on this entry, I had to take a peek.

Man, oh man.

MisterElephant on June 1, 2012 at 4:33 PM

Your post scares me. I can easily see Earflaps McDowngrade marking off a spot near the Washington Monument or Lincoln Memorial for his own tribute in stone.

Not sure what it will be like, but yuo can bet money it will be taller than the Washington, wider than the Lincoln, and will have an aisle for scattering rose petals and a large bowl for burning incense.

And kneelers, of course.

Maddie on June 1, 2012 at 9:16 AM

So, something like a mosque?

/ (or is it?)

Left Coast Right Mind on June 1, 2012 at 4:52 PM

Someone needs to rub L’il Preezy’s nose in this one. That photo is a composition… he’s been photoshopped into a picture of the wall, IMO. If you look closely (save the photo and enlarge it)you can see the edge of his back lit (what is the light source?) “halo” both at the top of his head and to the left side, in front of his face. Just another covert act of inserting Obama into the history of others… where he has no business being. I’ve been upset mad as h@!! about this all day.

jffree1 on June 1, 2012 at 6:00 PM

Saw this on Moonbat site and made me puke. The zero is the biggest disgrace ever.

jqc1970 on June 1, 2012 at 6:22 PM

Mallard T. Drake on June 1, 2012 at 1:02 PM

It is the ultimate sexual discrimination gendercide by Obama and the Democraps.

jqc1970 on June 1, 2012 at 6:28 PM

This is perhaps the most disgusting photo I have ever seen. I was going to write something but just couldn’t. Then I thought NO these are not just names on a wall. These are men I lived with and fought with. Someone must speak for them.

“THIS IS THE MOST DISCUSTING PHOTO I HAVE YET TO SEE”.

It is photo shopped in at least five layers. 1. The Wall. 2. The Silhouette. 3. the coloring in the silhouette. 4. the banner below Silhouette. 5. The halo.

Over all it is not a bad photo except for the halo. What on this good Earth does he think he is the reincarnation of God looking down on “his” fallen warrior.

jpcpt03 on June 1, 2012 at 6:50 PM

This is absurd.

This man better stay around admirers and his wife better be there to pick up the pieces because I’ve a feeling he is going to have a serious breakdown in a few years.
Just. Wow.

bridgetown on June 1, 2012 at 7:39 PM

I still think the worst part is the fact that they kept people away from the wall for approximately 7 hours ON MEMORIAL DAY.

He is a clueless POS.

flstc on June 1, 2012 at 8:44 PM

That pic is a crime against humanity, not to mention an affront to good taste and common decency.

hillbillyjim on June 1, 2012 at 9:19 PM

disgusting. that is all.

bernzright777 on June 1, 2012 at 10:22 PM

I’m having trouble enlarging the pic well enough, but is that MARTINN LUTHER KING”S pic inside of O’s silhouette???

redgypsy on June 2, 2012 at 12:17 AM

MARTIN… (too angry to type)

redgypsy on June 2, 2012 at 12:18 AM

I absolutely hate Obummer. He is trying to take away all health care from our disabled child. And now he has desecrated my cousin’s memory by this outrageous photo-op. His very presence at the Vietnam Memorial desecrates the site. I hope God has a special place in Hades for this evil tyrant. I wasn’t able to read all of the comments because this photo makes me absolutely sick.

sherrimae on June 2, 2012 at 1:23 AM

Five more months!
Five more months!
Five more months!

Adjoran on June 1, 2012 at 2:28 PM

I am more worried about the 2.5 months he will be in office after the election! God only knows what he will do.

lhuffman34 on June 2, 2012 at 6:54 AM

With my divine psychic powers I have found the winner of the Obamateurism of the Month and the year of 2012.

Cindy Munford on June 2, 2012 at 7:41 AM

First I think the image inside of the Silhouette is the Rev Jeremiah Wright. Some one should contact Pete Souza, the photographer, and ask him if he took this photo as it is presented. Mr Souza is a photo journalist and has a definite reporting style, not like the style of this photo. It’s also not unknown for photographers, in protest, to put hidden meanings in their works.

jpcpt03 on June 2, 2012 at 10:33 AM

Cindy Munford on June 2, 2012 at 7:41 AM

Your ‘divine’ powers? Is this the same deification syndrome we see in the photograph that caused this thread, and is it contagious? Are the rest of us in danger by associating with you?

Perhaps you’ve spent too long gazing at Obama The Almighty, and need to take a succession of very hot and very cold showers, with strong disinfectants and scrubbing brushes?

A for your ‘discovery’ … This war memorial photograph is shockingly, awesomely bad to an extent I can’t quite imagine even with Comrade Mao whose smile can often be found gazing benevolently down on the amassed marching peasants, while the red rays of enlightenment stream forth from about him. However, as a mere mortal, I’m certainly not willing to predict that there won’t be something worse before the end of 2012 given that there is more than half the year still to go.

YiZhangZhe on June 2, 2012 at 10:47 AM

He is the greatest Afro-American President we have ever had.
President Obama is the greatest President from Hawaii we have ever had.
President Obama is our skinniest President ever.
We know less about President Obama, than we do about Lindsay Lohan…

Frank_D on June 1, 2012 at 12:35 PM

Or you could say…
President Obama is the worst President we have ever had.
He is the worst Afro-American President we have ever had.
President Obama is the worst President from Hawaii we have ever had.
President Obama has probably forgotten more about marijuana than any other American President even knew.
President Obama is our skinniest President ever.
His supporters know less about President Obama, than an earth worm knows about Lindsay Lohan…
It works better this way IMO…
I mean IMHO… (don’t want to seem Obama like)

RalphyBoy on June 2, 2012 at 10:52 AM

YiZhangZhe on June 2, 2012 at 10:47 AM

LOL, if he does something worse I hope it’s before November!!! And I am no more divine than psychic.

Cindy Munford on June 2, 2012 at 11:07 AM

-TFGP

Bishop on June 1, 2012 at 8:08 AM

What is “TFGP”?

theCork on June 2, 2012 at 5:43 PM

What is “TFGP”?

theCork on June 2, 2012 at 5:43 PM

The First Gay President. Not positive, but I think Bishop coined the term.

As for the photo, I showed it to my husband who is a Vietnam Vet. I can’t repeat here what he said without being banned.

Flora Duh on June 2, 2012 at 7:49 PM

A new photo has emerged that includes a previously unknown Marine raising the flag on Mt. Suribachi and he looks looks oddly familiar….

R Square on June 3, 2012 at 2:17 PM