Video: Famous Chicago political organizer … outorganized?; Update: Romney holds surprise presser of his own outside Solyndra

posted at 2:01 pm on May 31, 2012 by Ed Morrissey

This sums up perfectly the first month of the general election campaign.  The team with the community-organizing experience thought they could secretly arrange a rally in their opponent’s home state to attack his record as governor, led by the chief organizing genius of the campaign.  David Axelrod got a large, unpleasant lesson in Chapter One of This Ain’t 2008 Any More:

Loud and rowdy supporters of Mitt Romney in Boston drowned out an attempt by President Obama campaign’s top strategist to attack the former Republican governor on his home turf.

In a morning news conference on the steps of the Massachusetts Statehouse,David Axelrod, one of Mr. Obama’s senior strategists, tried mostly in vain on Thursday to level Mr. Obama’s latest broadside on Mr. Romney’s record as governor of the state.

Instead, he was booed, heckled and chanted down by supporters of Mr. Romney who refused to let up even for a moment as Mr. Axelrod and Democratic state lawmakers sought to make their case.

With cameras rolling, the Republican hecklers yelled “We Want Mitt!” and “Broken Record!” and held signs that said “Go Back to Chicago!” Mr. Axelrod appeared bemused but rattled by them, at one point saying: “You can shout down speakers my friends, but it’s hard to Etch A Sketch away the truth.”

Word started leaking about the Boston event last last night, according to the NYT’s Michael Shear, while the campaign announced it this morning.  Somehow — oddly — CNN managed to have enough planning time to have a live feed broadcasting over the network.  As the video shows, though, that coup ended up backfiring on Axelrod, who stammered and looked rattled indeed, as Shear describes.

BuzzFeed has even more, with Axelrod looking like a deer in the headlights:

Yup … this ain’t 2008, that’s for sure.

Update: Wow … this just gets better and better.  Here’s where Mitt Romney was while Axelrod was cleaning the egg off of his face:

ABC News covered the surprise press conference outside the shuttered Solyndra plant:

Mitt Romney arrived at the shuttered headquarters ofSolyndra Inc. this morning, a surprise visit that was shrouded in secrecy and part of the presumptive GOP presidential candidate’s attack on President Obama’s record on jobs creation.

“The reason for keeping it quiet is because we knew if word got out that Solyndra would do everything in their power and the Obama administration would do everything in their power to stop us from having this news conference,” an aide said in a briefing en route. “But taxpayers made a substantial investment in Solyndra, there are serious questions about what happened at Solyndra, why that investment was selected, what happened to that money.”

Solyndra is the failed California-based solar technology company that received more than $500 million in federal stimulus money before it went bankrupt last year. It has since become a mantle of Romney’s argument that Obama doesn’t know how to run the economy.

Did any of Axelrod’s organizers figure this one out?  Doesn’t look as though they did.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Axelturd looks first like the real Adolf, but he sure looks like this one too.

Schadenfreude on May 31, 2012 at 2:22 PM

Live CNN coverage……

Bwahahaha…..hehe.

Sir Napsalot on May 31, 2012 at 2:22 PM

It’s almost like Romney has Obama’s 2008 Campaign machine and Obama has John McCain’s…or Christine O’Donnell’s.

cartooner on May 31, 2012 at 2:13 PM

I wanna see “I am not a Kenyan” speech!

Archivarix on May 31, 2012 at 2:22 PM

If John McCain was the nominee he would be on CNN denouncing the hecklers as we speak.

Fezzik on May 31, 2012 at 2:22 PM

But wait, didn’t Joe Scarborogh tell us that the American people don’t care about Solyndra?

Zetterson on May 31, 2012 at 2:23 PM

Wow … this just gets better and better. Here’s where Mitt Romney was while Axelrod was cleaning the egg off of his face:

Something tells me you won’t see many people who worked for the McCain campaign around Romney’s HQ! Absolutely awesome counter-attack and message!

Happy Nomad on May 31, 2012 at 2:23 PM

Schadenfreude on May 31, 2012 at 2:09 PM
SouthernGent on May 31, 2012 at 2:09 PM

You’re right, of course, but the blogs and pundits should have some contrast and compare fun with it all. If the conventional wisdom holds that the average voter isn’t even paying attention right now, won’t matter much what the press says tonight.

But what happened today will matter a great deal to both campaigns. Major competence-confirmation and morale boost for the Romney camp. Yet another fiasco– this one pretty spectacular– for the Obama campaign. And another anticipated line of attack for the fall already blunted and backfiring. Axelrod must have fled to Chicago fuming. He and his staff must be spooked of their own shadows these days.

Obama and the press will call for “civility.”

de rigueur on May 31, 2012 at 2:23 PM

Doomberg on May 31, 2012 at 2:19 PM

Don’t blame them, would you want to be out there defending Obama’s record?

Like trying to defend a fireant hill while wearing honey underwear.

NoDonkey on May 31, 2012 at 2:23 PM

Well played Willard. Well played indeed.

Lost in Jersey on May 31, 2012 at 2:23 PM

Saw a photo of the Mass presser of someone holding a $olyndra $ign.. Well played… Axlerod would have been more impressive if he would have breastfed an infant while speaking.. After all he was in Mass.

kringeesmom on May 31, 2012 at 2:24 PM

By this time next year, hopefully Michelle will be a distant (bad) memory.

NoDonkey on May 31, 2012 at 2:21 PM

I assume HER portrait (and O’s) will be unveiled sometime around Memorial Day 2016. I bet Mitt and Ann will be exceedingly gracious. They always are.

On another topic, H W looked pretty good today from what I saw on the TV. I think his health is starting to fail him, and I expected him to look worse. I worry that he won’t be with us much longer.

Red State State of Mind on May 31, 2012 at 2:24 PM

I like the ‘Auction’ sign. Touching.

faraway on May 31, 2012 at 2:24 PM

I really wonder where the Obama 2008 campaign went. it’s like all the energy has just been sucked out of them.

Doomberg on May 31, 2012 at 2:19 PM

Personally, I think it is a bad case of over-confidence. It does not seem likely Obama and his team expected to be seriously challenged, even after what happened in 2010. Now that they are, it has thrown them completely off balance. Gov. Romney should continue exploit this moment of confusion for all that it is worth.

Shogun144 on May 31, 2012 at 2:24 PM

Gov. Romney was not my first choice in the primaries but he has really surprised me with just how well run his campaign has been. Today’s moves are truly excellent, it is not often that anyone out-organize a Chicago politician.

Shogun144 on May 31, 2012 at 2:18 PM

Romney is an organizing pro. He specializes in large systems and organizational operations.

In terms of operations, the Obama team has met its match. It will only become more apparent as we move forward.

Policy question are another matter, in terms of running a large system, Romney is as good as they get.

rickyricardo on May 31, 2012 at 2:24 PM

McCain campaign this is not.

SouthernGent on May 31, 2012 at 2:04 PM

I’m sure Meggie Mac is like quite disturbed and condemning this like, rudeness.

Marcus on May 31, 2012 at 2:09 PM

She’s still in mourning over Hostess going bankrupt.

CherryBombsBigBrownBeaver on May 31, 2012 at 2:24 PM

Sweet!

I like the tremble in his voice and in Boston of all places.

magicbeans on May 31, 2012 at 2:25 PM

Romney just might be the political equivalent of the San Antonio Spurs. Nothing flashy, kind of boring even, but they sure get the job done.

radjah shelduck on May 31, 2012 at 2:25 PM

OT: John Edwards verdict is in…will be announced in 15 minutes..

d1carter on May 31, 2012 at 2:25 PM

Romney hired a good team, instead of political hacks, and it’s showing.

Rebar on May 31, 2012 at 2:10 PM

That’s what successful executives and leaders do, surround themselves with competent people.

Trafalgar on May 31, 2012 at 2:25 PM

txhsmom on May 31, 2012 at 2:20 PM

I get where you’re coming from – I can’t deny taking some pleasure in it, I just don’t want it to become a habit. If it does, it can easily backfire as I don’t think most voters support that stuff…combined with the fact that the media covers for the left when they do it but will attack us when we engage in the shout down game.

BTW – I can’t tell but were the protesters chanting “Solyndra” in part of the videos?

batter on May 31, 2012 at 2:25 PM

I have never understood why Axelrod is considered such a guru. He is a horrible speaker, and is remarkably oily looking with the nasty little mustache. As someone pointed out this morning, he’s a one trick pony. He runs every campaign with a combination of dirt and “hope and change.” Well, hope and change doesn’t work when you’re working for the guy who has been there for 3.5 years.

Maybe the democrats should change their 2008 slogan to “We are the ones we’re still waiting for.”

35tww on May 31, 2012 at 2:25 PM

America is proving that it is not Chicago.

either orr on May 31, 2012 at 2:26 PM

Axelrod has always been a terrible speaker. He is even worse if he has to respond to questions. (His answers are usually dumber, funnier, than dumb Debbie WS.) The campaign needs to keep him in the closet to strategize. Plouffe, Deval Patrick or John Kerry should be doing this in MA.

KenInIL on May 31, 2012 at 2:26 PM

Gotta hand it to mittens this time…. (is he taking a page out of Newt’s “whistle stop” plan he talked about during the primary?)

kringeesmom on May 31, 2012 at 2:07 PM

I sure hope so! I keep saying he needs to go to Newt boot camp. At the very least he needs to stop trying to smile all the time, especially when making serious statements where a straight face (or even a bit of anger) would be far more appropriate. That’s what fuels the concerns about his inauthentic vibe. Really wish he’s stop that. Anyway, nice move today! Hope it’s just the start.

DanaLynn on May 31, 2012 at 2:26 PM

Rules for Radicals:

A good tactic is one your people enjoy.

I think we are all enjoying today’s tactics!

rockmom on May 31, 2012 at 2:26 PM

He always looks like Adolf.

Schadenfreude on May 31, 2012 at 2:07 PM
I was thinking a chubby Vladimir Putin with a mustache.

Gladtobehere on May 31, 2012 at 2:17 PM

I’ll be polite and say he just looks like a Di*ck.

ToddPA on May 31, 2012 at 2:27 PM

rickyricardo on May 31, 2012 at 2:24 PM

Good point.

Shogun144 on May 31, 2012 at 2:27 PM

America is proving that it is not Chicago.

either orr on May 31, 2012 at 2:26 PM

“Nice campaign you got there, Dave. Be a shame if anything happened to it.”

CurtZHP on May 31, 2012 at 2:27 PM

….instead we’ve been seeing clownish and amateurish attacks and a poorly thought out “shiny objects”…..

Doomberg on May 31, 2012 at 2:19 PM

but that is all he had in 2008 as well … along with GWB fatigue and the fact he was black.

Achele175 on May 31, 2012 at 2:28 PM

but it’s hard to Etch A Sketch away the truth.”

True, it’s a whole lot easier to just flat-out lie about it, like Barry does, eh Axelrod?

(I particularly enjoyed the last whopper about how Barry hasn’t really increased federal spending all that much . . . . )

AZCoyote on May 31, 2012 at 2:28 PM

Epic work Mitt Romney.

See, the ruthless cutthroat executive Romney is who I liked the most when he came out and plastered Newt in that debate. There can be no doubt in November I’ll be voting FOR Mitt Romney if he’s pulling epic jujistsu like this.

BKennedy on May 31, 2012 at 2:28 PM

Keep the election about the Economy and Obama’s poor management of it. Let the Dems whinge about Oblamer’s birth certificate, treatment of dogs, Bush, illegals, gays, student loans or what have you.

jpmn on May 31, 2012 at 2:28 PM

Doomberg on May 31, 2012 at 2:19 PM

I think they’ve gotten lazy, but more importantly, even they don’t believe in what they’re saying anymore. Obama reminds me of the last days of the Soviet Union, when the top leadership just wanted to hold onto power and no longer believed in communist ideals.

Gladtobehere on May 31, 2012 at 2:28 PM

OT: John Edwards verdict is in…will be announced in 15 minutes..

d1carter on May 31, 2012 at 2:25 PM

MSM will cover all day, and hide Solyndra trip.

faraway on May 31, 2012 at 2:29 PM

Doomberg on May 31, 2012 at 2:19 PM

Honestly, they’re not even playing the race card correctly.

rockmom on May 31, 2012 at 2:29 PM

Now I understand how Romney made his fortune. This guy knows how to organize and delagate. Very impressive

steel guy on May 31, 2012 at 2:29 PM

Wow! Never thought I’d say this: Way to go Mitt Romney!

Weight of Glory on May 31, 2012 at 2:10 PM

Me too.
However, what concerns me is that now I’m no different than the 2008 Kool-Aid drinkers when voting enthusiastically for a campaign.

bettycooper on May 31, 2012 at 2:29 PM

So Romney & Co. can keep a secret but Obama & Co. can’t. So who makes the better Commander-in-Chief?
/Rhetorical question

Bitter Clinger on May 31, 2012 at 2:29 PM

Freaking brilliant

ROMNEY IS A TOUGH BASTARD – I love it !!!!!!!!!!

jake-the-goose on May 31, 2012 at 2:30 PM

KenInIL on May 31, 2012 at 2:26 PM

As several other people have asked, why is Axelrod even campaigning? Isn’t he supposed to be a strategist? Obama ought to be on the trail himself, and they ought to be drumming up better speakers. The Obama campaign guys have morphed into the gang that couldn’t shoot straight.

Doomberg on May 31, 2012 at 2:30 PM

Ooof. A stereo bicoastal b!tch-slapping by Romney.

Nice.

I better invest in more popcorn futures.

A tsumani can sometimes take a while to hit land, but when this one does…

ICanSeeNovFromMyHouse on May 31, 2012 at 2:30 PM

steel guy on May 31, 2012 at 2:29 PM

+100

jake-the-goose on May 31, 2012 at 2:30 PM

radjah shelduck on May 31, 2012 at 2:25 PM

Great analogy.

GOPRanknFile on May 31, 2012 at 2:30 PM

In a place like Boston, you’d think the Obama campaign would have no problem rounding up enough supporters (all those state employees, the college kids still in town) to shout down anyone who showed up to support Romney.
So either the core Democrats in Mass. are so pissed off they would’t show up, or David Axelrod is too incompetent to make a few phone calls before giving a speech. Not sure which is worse for his boss.

Mahna Mahna on May 31, 2012 at 2:31 PM

I’m liking this :)

thebrokenrattle on May 31, 2012 at 2:32 PM

Please, sir, may we have another?

HiJack on May 31, 2012 at 2:32 PM

She’s still in mourning over Hostess going bankrupt.

CherryBombsBigBrownBeaver on May 31, 2012 at 2:24 PM

The only thing she and I have in common. I’m not sure I can live in a world without Twinkies.

Extrafishy on May 31, 2012 at 2:32 PM

Brilliant!

SPGuy on May 31, 2012 at 2:33 PM

Stuff like this is why Salt Lake City successfully hosted the Olympic games, while “Chicago…is OUT?! Chicago is OUT?!”

Christien on May 31, 2012 at 2:33 PM

Mahna Mahna on May 31, 2012 at 2:31 PM

I was thinking the same thing. This happened in Boston! BOSTON!!

CurtZHP on May 31, 2012 at 2:33 PM

How did Axel, (THE TAILOR) find time from his EMPTY suit making shop to appear in MASS. for a Failed President. It seems Ovommit is wearing more of those empty suits each and every day.

Brushjumper on May 31, 2012 at 2:33 PM

Romney probably will not win California, but his calling a “surprise” press conference in front of Solyndra was a stroke of genius.

Will he call another presser in front of a Staples store–one of the companies Bain invested in?

Steve Z on May 31, 2012 at 2:34 PM

Axelrod: “I’m in UR home state, getting… shouted down by UR supporters :(.”

Romney: “I’m in UR Solyndra, bashing UR Preezy of the United Steezy. ROFLPwn.”

BKennedy on May 31, 2012 at 2:34 PM

First time Giggles has had an actual opponent to run against, and he and his campaign don’t know how to deal with it!

While I am very pleased with the way Team Mitt are doing things, I can’t say I’m all that surprised. He was pretty brutal towards his opponents at times during the Mass 2002 Governer’s race.

McCain campaign this is not! If the Obama campaign expects Mitt to just lie down like McCain did just because Giggles is black and has a funny name, they’re going to keep geting surprised like this.

I hope they keep underestimating Mitt.

crazy_legs on May 31, 2012 at 2:34 PM

Ladies and gentlemen, I think I have discovered one of the first full blown cases of RDS – Romney Derangement Syndrome.
Top story on Yahoo, posted 3 hours ago:
iMitt: What does Romney write in his iPad diary?A sample:

I just wish I had a running mate who could go out there and explain to the voters in ways that I can’t about how they’re wrong about Bain. Destroying and building, destroying and building, that’s where the economic growth comes from.

Brat on May 31, 2012 at 2:35 PM

Like trying to defend a fireant hill while wearing honey underwear.

NoDonkey on May 31, 2012 at 2:23 PM

Ouch!! You have a … gift … for provocative metaphors.

jwolf on May 31, 2012 at 2:35 PM

I was expecting McCain 2.0 from this guy, but….maybe not. Still a RINO though, who’s feet will have to be held to the fire to keep him from going full blown liberal after the election.

Alabama Infidel on May 31, 2012 at 2:35 PM

She’s still in mourning over Hostess going bankrupt.

CherryBombsBigBrownBeaver on May 31, 2012 at 2:24 PM

Extrafishy on May 31, 2012 at 2:32 PM

Naturally, but in her case, they cannot keep up with demand.

CherryBombsBigBrownBeaver on May 31, 2012 at 2:35 PM

If Romney keeps this up I may not have to bring a barf bag into the voting booth.

Extrafishy on May 31, 2012 at 2:35 PM

Achele175 on May 31, 2012 at 2:28 PM

No, he was a better candidate overall in 2008. It’s true he’s no longer shiny and new, with plenty of hopium to peddle to the American people. But at the very least he should be bombarding Romney with negative ads to drive those numbers down and depress Republicans, and he should be deploying his key assets like the MSM to attack Romney. They ought to be hammering Romney’s Mormonism hard and trying to deepen the wedge between Romney and his base.

But I don’t think this is happening (at least not on a well-coordinated level) – they just seem to be flailing helplessly around in the dark.

Honestly, they’re not even playing the race card correctly.

rockmom on May 31, 2012 at 2:29 PM

Exactly! This was used to devastating effect against the Clintons in 2008. Now there’s hardly a whisper of it.

Doomberg on May 31, 2012 at 2:35 PM

We like it. We laughed. Thumbs up!

We like the activism and the element of surprise. It’s about time everybody took the fight to Team O.

Thinking of making a poster just to hold in reserve in case a protest opportunity comes along suddenly….

perries on May 31, 2012 at 2:36 PM

I’m ready for a few more posts about what a terrible campaigner Mitt is. About how incompetent he is on the stump. About how he’s always trying to pull his foot back out of his mouth. You know, that kind of stuff.

This move was genius from beginning to end. From infiltrating the enemy camp to upstaging O’s presser. And all in the same news cycle. I can hardly wait to watch the news tonight.

rogaineguy on May 31, 2012 at 2:36 PM

So far, Romney’s campaign is doing really well. I’m particularly impressed at their ability to execute actions in a timely fashion. They stay on top of things like nobody’s business!

Progressive Heretic on May 31, 2012 at 2:36 PM

Doomberg on May 31, 2012 at 2:19 PM

All they had to do in ’08 was run on a campaign slogan while the opponent (McCain) was weak and self-destructive. Even so, it took the economy melt-down in Sept. 2008 to put the race on ice.

This time they have a record to defend (much as they want to make everyone focus on those ‘shiny object’) and the opponent is tough and determined.

“Toto, we’re not in 2008 anymore”.

Bitter Clinger on May 31, 2012 at 2:36 PM

Where was Gov. Patrick to help the little woman out?

Cindy Munford on May 31, 2012 at 2:37 PM

with Axelrod looking like a deer in the headlights:

Haha. Sounds like they are saying “Where are the jobs?” and “Solyndra.”

CJ on May 31, 2012 at 2:37 PM

Hmmmmm…… I’m beginning to think that team Mitt has been taking notes from the Paul people, or perhaps they co-opted some of them. Not knocking the Paul followers, but they do have a knack of popping up everywhere and instantly like mushrooms.

Whatever it is, I’m impressed. Very impressed.

Cody1991 on May 31, 2012 at 2:37 PM

Super Mario’s first pitch sold us a lemon – now we want our money back.

BigOil on May 31, 2012 at 2:37 PM

Christien on May 31, 2012 at 2:33 PM

Chicago is a couple weeks away from being Detriot/Mars.

tetriskid on May 31, 2012 at 2:38 PM

Freaking brilliant

ROMNEY IS A TOUGH BASTARD – I love it !!!!!!!!!!

jake-the-goose on May 31, 2012 at 2:30 PM

Romney: “You magnificent bastard, I read your book.”

Gladtobehere on May 31, 2012 at 2:38 PM

This was definitely a good move by the Romney campaign, but why the heck is he essentially concedeing PA as angry as the coal mining towns in the state are at Obama?

Flora Duh on May 31, 2012 at 2:38 PM

It does my heart good to see the Obama regime get an earful from we the people. My gut would burst if we the people dumped Axelrod into the harbor.

CherryBombsBigBrownBeaver on May 31, 2012 at 2:38 PM

“Where are the jobs?”…

d1carter on May 31, 2012 at 2:39 PM

Punch back twice as hard-Barack Obama, 2008.

booter on May 31, 2012 at 2:39 PM

Top story on Yahoo, posted 3 hours ago:
iMitt: What does Romney write in his iPad diary?A sample:

Brat on May 31, 2012 at 2:35 PM

Is that from Walter Shapiro? I saw that earlier but didn’t read it…he’s obviously writing editorials (and not very good ones), but Yahoo promotes them as if they’re news stories. Same with Jeff Greenfield’s idiocy.

changer1701 on May 31, 2012 at 2:39 PM

Red State State of Mind on May 31, 2012 at 2:24 PM

Saw him in church recently and he is very pale, smiling alot but very thin and pale and in a wheelchair. Bunny by his side as usual too.

DanMan on May 31, 2012 at 2:40 PM

it’s hard to Etch A Sketch away the truth

But Obama and Rex Nutting are certainly trying!

ITguy on May 31, 2012 at 2:40 PM

Axelrod always reminds me of a pedophile.

Anywhoo…

Gotta love that Romney is playing to win.

goflyers on May 31, 2012 at 2:40 PM

The vacant Solyndra building would be the ideal location for Obama’s presidential library after he gets booted out in November. Could probably get it real cheap too.

Mark1971 on May 31, 2012 at 2:22 PM

Not in CA. ;)

Prufrock on May 31, 2012 at 2:40 PM

Dare I say it? Looks like Team Obama just got Mittslapped!

Nice to see Axelhack jeered in MA. Anyone here still think Warren pulls it out?

/not her breastfeeding apparatus

roy_batty on May 31, 2012 at 2:40 PM

bettycooper on May 31, 2012 at 2:29 PM

Exactly. I’m glad to see this sort of campaigning because it’s what’s needed to get the politically ignorant and it’s fun to watch. I’ll admit that it’s nice to see someone on our side with some campaigning prowess, but I’m assuming Romney will still govern as a moderate and even worse, repay his establishment buddies heartily thereby perpetuating the permanent political class that is a bigger enemy than the Dems anymore. Romney will govern better than Obama but he’s not going to do a thing to reform the system that got him the nomination.

miConsevative on May 31, 2012 at 2:40 PM

I never had a problem with Romney since I’m an ABO kind of guy, anyway. I figured that he would stick it good to Zero when the time came. I didn’t think that the time would be so soon, and quite frankly, it wasn’t soon enough.

HiJack on May 31, 2012 at 2:41 PM

it’s hard to Etch A Sketch away the truth

But Obama and Rex Nutting are certainly trying!

ITguy on May 31, 2012 at 2:42 PM

*doing the happy dance

so-notbuyingit on May 31, 2012 at 2:07 PM

…YOU TOO!…I saw that… stood up…and started jumping up and down a little bit in front of my monitor!

KOOLAID2 on May 31, 2012 at 2:43 PM

Recently I saw a clip (I think on O’Reilly) of Mitt in a Senatorial Debate with Edward Kennedy and Mitt looked fierce. I’d like to see that look on his face every once in a while.

Red State State of Mind on May 31, 2012 at 2:44 PM

“Axelrod…you magnificent bastard, *I read your book*!”

~Mitt

ReaganWasRight on May 31, 2012 at 2:44 PM

changer1701 on May 31, 2012 at 2:39 PM

Yes you are correct on all points.

CNN is touting Axelrod’s presser as a positive for 0bama’s campaign with headline:
“Rowdy news conference pumps up presidential campaign”

(CNN) – A raucous news conference Thursday in Mitt Romney’s home state of Massachusetts, with pro-Romney demonstrators trying to shout down supporters of President Barack Obama, escalated the November election campaign more than five months before the voting.

The crowd of about 30 mostly young, white protesters waved signs declaring “Obama isn’t working” and chanted Romney’s first name as well as “we want Mitt” and “broken record” as top Obama campaign strategist David Axelrod and several Massachusetts politicians spoke in front of the Massachusetts State House in Boston.

And a little race baiting thrown in to boot!

It sounds to me like they were also chanting “Solyndra” – anyone hear that? Makes Mitt’s appearance all the more sweet.

Brat on May 31, 2012 at 2:45 PM

Boy, I can remember a few months ago when people in here stated that Mitt would be a squish. LOL…boy you people were wrong.

rubberneck on May 31, 2012 at 2:45 PM

Tonight’s news lead, if the media dare, “Dueling Pressers.”

They won’t dare. Edwards verdict will be wall to wall and even if it wasn’t, the MSM will never cover this.

Missy on May 31, 2012 at 2:46 PM

The trolls must be in the indoctrination camp, for new instructions.

Schadenfreude on May 31, 2012 at 2:46 PM

Props to Mitt on this one. THis makes me want to get some yard signs and bumper stickers!

LevinFan on May 31, 2012 at 2:46 PM

rubberneck on May 31, 2012 at 2:45 PM

I was one of those people and I’m very happy to admit I was wrong. I hope he governs as well as he campaigns.

Missy on May 31, 2012 at 2:47 PM

Mahna Mahna on May 31, 2012 at 2:31 PM

I believe Azzlerod was overconfident being in MA.

derecho on May 31, 2012 at 2:47 PM

Red State State of Mind on May 31, 2012 at 2:44 PM

I saw that. He had that angry Raylan Givens look.

Brat on May 31, 2012 at 2:48 PM

In freakin’ deep-blue Boston, Massachusetts !?

0bama is toast. He’s done. Beautiful.

FlatFoot on May 31, 2012 at 2:49 PM

Mahna Mahna on May 31, 2012 at 2:31 PM

In MA, INDEPENDENTS outnumber Demotards and Republicans combined! For decades MA has been a Dem leaning state. In other words, the Independents did not come from the ranks of dissatisfied Republicans which has always been the smallest group.

roy_batty on May 31, 2012 at 2:49 PM

Pepe Le Pew was reduced to fielding questions regarding corrupt crackpot Liarwatha Warren. Ha ha ha…

wraithby on May 31, 2012 at 2:49 PM

OK, but the chanting and drowning out is going to come back on Romney events. Let’s stop that right now. That’s not what America is about.

The Solyndra event was a good idea. As long as Romney emphasiszes that taxpayer money shouldn’t go to these things, period. I’m sure Romney could have run Solyndra better, but if he wants to, the Oval Office is the wrong destination.

J.E. Dyer on May 31, 2012 at 2:50 PM