Quotes of the day

posted at 10:33 pm on May 30, 2012 by Allahpundit

The Obama campaign is opening a new front in its war against GOP rival Mitt Romney, ABC News has learned, with planned attacks to begin this week on Romney’s record as governor of Massachusetts and the campaign promises Democrats say he left unfulfilled.

Team Obama will point to Romney’s rhetoric on job creation, size of government, education, deficits and taxes during the 2002 gubernatorial campaign and draw parallels with his presidential stump speeches of 2012. The goal is to illustrate that Romney has made the same promises before with unimpressive results, officials say…

The strategy is a shifting of gears for Team Obama which had spent the past few weeks hammering Romney for his business record at Bain Capital. The attacks had come under fire from some Democrats as being possibly too negative, too soon, while Republicans decried what they called a double standard for Obama’s treatment of private equity executives.

***

Ah, charges of unfulfilled promises from President Barack “If I don’t have this done in three years, then this is going to be a one-term proposition” Obama, the man who pledged who cut the deficit in half in his first term, the man who criticized Hillary Clinton’s proposal for a mandate requiring Americans to purchase health insurance, is going to hit his opponent on broken promises.

Four years ago this week, Obama said — with profound humility, he assured us — that future generations would look back and say, “this was the moment when we began to provide care for the sick, and jobs for the jobless, this was the moment when the rise of the oceans began to slow, and the earth began to heal . . .” and now he tells us to beware of politicians bearing grandiose promises.

Obama 2012: Stick with the broken promises you know.

***

“C’mon. Let’s get real,” an exasperated David Axelrod, Obama’s top campaign strategist, said when asked if Obama’s attacks are boomeranging. “Romney’s been beating us up in a very direct and personal way for a year. This is a guy who’s offering himself to the country as a kind of economic savior, as a wizard. It behooves us to pull the curtain back, and that’s what we’re going to do.”…

But several top Democrats interviewed by POLITICO said Obama’s recent attacks — including his long defense, at a press conference in Chicago last week, of his decision to target Bain — may further damage a hope-and-change persona already dented by three years of partisan combat and economic turmoil…

“Obama’s got this Reagan thing going, the 1983, 1984 dynamic — he’s personally popular even though people aren’t personally enthralled with his policies or performance,” said Frank Luntz, a veteran Republican pollster who thinks Romney’s lack of personal appeal guarantees a deadlocked race until the end. “But his campaign has gone very negative, and at some point, people are going to stop giving him the benefit of the doubt.”…

“The danger for Obama in these attacks on Romney is that he starts sounding like other pols, and people just start hitting the ‘mute’ button,” [Peter Brown] added. “When you stand behind the glass and watch a focus group, you hear independents say things like, ‘He seems like a nice guy, but why is he throwing all of these shots at Romney?’”

***

The picture Heilemann draws is of [Obama] campaign managers whose assumptions have been proved wrong and who seem to be fooling themselves about what will work in the campaign.

One assumption that has been proved wrong is that the Obama campaign would raise $1 billion and that, as in 2008, far more money would be spent for Democrats than Republicans…

As for fooling themselves, I have to wonder whether the Obama people were spoofing Heilemann at points. He quotes Plouffe as saying. “Let’s be clear what [Romney] would do as president,” and then summarizes: “Potentially abortion will be criminalized. Women will be denied contraceptive services. He’s far right on immigration. He supports efforts to amend the Constitution to ban gay marriage.”

These claims don’t seem sustainable to me.

***

Obama wants to cast Romney as a return to Bush. It’s nearly the only argument he knows how to make. Romney, in my opinion, should turn the tables on Obama and make Obama defend his continuation of Bush’s spending binge (If Romney wanted to be really cruel, he could make the case Obama has continued many of Bush’s counter-terror policies as well). Romney has the luxury of being the outsider. He can criticize both parties’ records over the last decade. The tea parties won’t complain. Neither will independents. And, so long as Romney is respectful in how he frames his criticisms of GOP spending under Bush, most rank and file Republicans and movement conservatives will probably applaud as well.

Meanwhile, watching Obama try to deal with an “anti-Bush” opponent will hilarious.

***

***

“They are going after Solyndra,” he continued. “Americans don’t care. I’m sorry. I care about Solyndra, you care about Solyndra. Americans don’t care about Solyndra any more than they care about what Mitt Romney did 87 years ago with Bain Capital. They care about getting back to work, Carl. That’s a stupid ad.”

Bernstein agreed, adding that the ad reflects who Romney is: an opportunist.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4 5

The War Planner on May 31, 2012 at 12:44 AM

I’ll send up a flare and see what happens…

… Oh, wait!

Seven Percent Solution on May 31, 2012 at 12:51 AM

She is singing “arnold, return to me me amor.

arnold ziffel on May 31, 2012 at 12:43 AM

I always dream she’s singing to me, but she very clearly says “arnold”. I knew it was you all along, but I can dream.

jaime on May 31, 2012 at 12:51 AM

canopfor on May 31, 2012 at 12:18 AM

LOL! ; )

Bmore on May 31, 2012 at 12:19 AM

Bmore:—————-:)

canopfor on May 31, 2012 at 12:51 AM

… But something else happened.

Today, the State ran out of money, no more checks…

… If you all smell smoke in a couple of weeks coming from the west, well, it was fun while it lasted.

If you’re ever tempted to vote Democrat…

… DON’T!

Seven Percent Solution on May 31, 2012 at 12:49 AM

The state of California still owes me $347.09 from 2006. I have yet to see that check…

OmahaConservative on May 31, 2012 at 12:54 AM

Why is it that the ones making the accusations are the biggest bigots of all? narutoboy did the same thing.

John the Libertarian on May 31, 2012 at 12:45 AM

Ah yes, I remember that. His favorite thing was to include bigotry within his accusations of bigotry.

I believe at one point he said something to the effect of:

“White Southern Christians are just a bunch of racists who can’t tolerate people of different faiths or from different regions.”

That isn’t an exact quote, but it’s pretty close. Not a hint of irony or self-awareness.

RINO in Name Only on May 31, 2012 at 12:54 AM

Is anyone worried about the consequences?

SparkPlug on May 30, 2012 at 11:54 PM

Worried? Not at all. Interested in the results? You betcha!

/Sorry, can’t help it, I’m a full red-blooded American male.

AZfederalist on May 31, 2012 at 12:54 AM

The War Planner on May 31, 2012 at 12:44 AM

I’ll send up a flare and see what happens…

… Oh, wait!

Seven Percent Solution on May 31, 2012 at 12:51 AM

Yikes… Isn’t that what started the Cedars WildFire back in 03? You remember that big fire that burn San Diego to the ground, right?

SWalker on May 31, 2012 at 12:55 AM

Oops……looks like Team 0 is going to be spinning about
Hopey HealthCare Costs!!

Report: Healthcare costs to rise 7.5 percent in 2013, more than three times projected rates for inflation and growth –

@reuters

Submitted 19 mins agofrom http://www.reuters.com by editor

canopfor on May 31, 2012 at 12:55 AM

Canopfor
Maybe for a minute, but I don’t think I would admit to anyone I know……..lol

angrymike on May 31, 2012 at 12:56 AM

@reuters

Submitted 19 mins agofrom http://www.reuters.com by editor

canopfor on May 31, 2012 at 12:55 AM

Now now, you know you can’t blame Obama for that, he clearly inherited that problem from Bush…

SWalker on May 31, 2012 at 12:56 AM

Seven Percent Solution on May 31, 2012 at 12:51 AM

..anyway, it’s an honor to know you’re close at hand. Maybe we can start an insurrection or something.

And he was dead on about Moonbeam v2.0 stumping today. I caught some of it on the Heidi Harris show on KRLA and it was ludicrous! The taxes he’s proposing will “only be for seven years” and only affect the rich.

Meanwhile, I was listening to Larry elder coming home this after (talk radio junkie much?) and he was talking to a music producer who got sick and tired of all of the Californication and was picking up sticks and heading for Nevada.

NO STATE INCOME TAXES. He said he was going to save something like $30-50K per year.

Omaha, maybe I’ll head back out there and get a house in Bellevue again.

The War Planner on May 31, 2012 at 12:57 AM

Nah, she didn’t like lobster.

Bmore on May 31, 2012 at 12:15 AM

lol, I bet she was OK with Mr. Sanchez.

arnold ziffel on May 31, 2012 at 12:57 AM

Early call time in the a.m.

Good Night All.

Bmore on May 31, 2012 at 12:57 AM

Bmore on May 31, 2012 at 12:57 AM

‘Nite Bmore.

I gotta go, too.

‘nite all.

jaime on May 31, 2012 at 12:59 AM

Not a hint of irony or self-awareness.

RINO in Name Only on May 31, 2012 at 12:54 AM

And he’d call us Hot Aryans. Before ridiculing everyone who was overweight because he was training to be an ultimate fighter or something.

John the Libertarian on May 31, 2012 at 12:59 AM

Later B enjoy the rest ……..;)

angrymike on May 31, 2012 at 1:00 AM

Submitted 19 mins ago from http://www.reuters.com by editor

canopfor on May 31, 2012 at 12:55 AM

..ahhhh, breaks my heart. Wonder what the word on the bricks is about the May jobs report on Friday? We should get the ADP private sector numbers tomorrow.

The War Planner on May 31, 2012 at 1:00 AM

The War Planner on May 31, 2012 at 12:57 AM

Hey have you caught any of the commercials here that start out Bob Filner sided with the Democrats..yada yada, San Diego does not need a Obama democrat for Mayor…

SWalker on May 31, 2012 at 1:00 AM

SWalker on May 31, 2012 at 12:55 AM

Wasn’t that when Neil & Judith Morgans East County cabin burnt to the ground? I was working for The San Diego Reader back then and lived in Kensington. I had to remove my damn mask to smoke my cigarettes and drink my beers…

OmahaConservative on May 31, 2012 at 1:00 AM

arnold ziffel on May 31, 2012 at 12:57 AM

You have some new competition for my affection. Safe bet you will always be my favorite piggy. ; )

Bmore on May 31, 2012 at 1:00 AM

Bmore on May 31, 2012 at 12:57 AM

..nitey nite, Bmore. Don’t let the bed bugs bite.

The War Planner on May 31, 2012 at 1:01 AM

Overall isn’t San Diego a conservative city?

LevinFan on May 31, 2012 at 1:02 AM

John the Libertarian on May 31, 2012 at 12:59 AM

I hear you!!..He also tried to link Hot Air to some very controversial sites!!..:)

Dire Straits on May 31, 2012 at 1:02 AM

SWalker on May 31, 2012 at 1:00 AM

Have not, old son. Don’t think the radio waves make it over that high wall you guys erected in San clemency to keep us O. C. guys out of SD County.

;-)

The War Planner on May 31, 2012 at 1:04 AM

Overall isn’t San Diego a conservative city?

LevinFan on May 31, 2012 at 1:02 AM

Not any longer. The lesbians started taking it over in the nineties…

OmahaConservative on May 31, 2012 at 1:04 AM

canopfor on May 31, 2012 at 12:55 AM

SWalker on May 31, 2012 at 12:56 AM

SWalker:

Yup,the Dems will find a way,just like the stunt they pulled
with the Student Loan increase,THAT THEY PUT IN,for it to be
around 6% for 2012,then drops in 2013,and BLAMED THE GOP,with
the MSM’S help…………ugh!:)

canopfor on May 31, 2012 at 1:05 AM

SWalker on May 31, 2012 at 12:55 AM

OmahaConservative on May 31, 2012 at 1:00 AM

Oh man, must have been nice…. I’m up in Ramona, the ash fell on us like snow. all because to steal a line from Deep Purple’s “Smoke on the Water” Some stupid with a flare gun, burnt the place to the ground.

The smoke was so think up here it was like fog. I didn’t have to smoke at all during that fire, just go outside for a few minuets.

SWalker on May 31, 2012 at 1:05 AM

Overall isn’t San Diego a conservative city?

LevinFan on May 31, 2012 at 1:02 AM

..pretty much — all of the retired military and such. But like any municipality, you get these busybody, doo-gooder weasels that sneak into office and try to run everyone’s life.

But I presume to speak for SWalker and 7% and Omaha (who is a reformed denizen of SD).

The War Planner on May 31, 2012 at 1:06 AM

Dire Straits on May 31, 2012 at 1:02 AM

I think that’s what finally got him banned. He linked to stormfront or something.

RINO in Name Only on May 31, 2012 at 1:07 AM

Overall isn’t San Diego a conservative city?

LevinFan on May 31, 2012 at 1:02 AM

Not any longer. The lesbians started taking it over in the nineties…

OmahaConservative on May 31, 2012 at 1:04 AM

The conservatives all moved out to the North County… we’re all holed up here in the high country… ;)

SWalker on May 31, 2012 at 1:07 AM

OmahaConservative on May 31, 2012 at 12:54 AM

CA said since you left xin loi

arnold ziffel on May 31, 2012 at 1:08 AM

..just go outside for a few minuets.

SWalker on May 31, 2012 at 1:05 AM

*chortle*

You mean like this:

;-)

The War Planner on May 31, 2012 at 1:08 AM

canopfor on May 31, 2012 at 12:55 AM

The War Planner on May 31, 2012 at 1:00 AM

The War Planner:

Thanks for the heads-up,that news tidbit normally pops up around
7:00AM.

And most reports are embargoed till 9:00AM!:)

canopfor on May 31, 2012 at 1:09 AM

Bmore on May 31, 2012 at 1:00 AM

I can share big fella.

arnold ziffel on May 31, 2012 at 1:09 AM

RINO in Name Only on May 31, 2012 at 1:07 AM

Bingo!!..:)

Dire Straits on May 31, 2012 at 1:10 AM

The War Planner on May 31, 2012 at 1:06 AM

7% lives in the looney zone… :O Down by the beach, us conservatives all headed for the hills, were up here prepping for doomsday, which considering the state ran out of money yesterday, ought to come some time next week…

SWalker on May 31, 2012 at 1:10 AM

Alrighty crew,I’m bugging out,Dire Straits,we hit and miss again,
*Waves*,

GoodNight Everyone,and BeLated Birthdays to all I missed–
———————————————————–:)

canopfor on May 31, 2012 at 1:11 AM

SWalker on May 31, 2012 at 12:55 AM

Illegals camping out…

… no charges filed.

The War Planner on May 31, 2012 at 12:57 AM

We live in Obowma’s second term…

Goodnight all…

… You’re the best!

Seven Percent Solution on May 31, 2012 at 1:11 AM

angrymike on May 31, 2012 at 12:29 AM

Hey man, I was distracted..just saw this. I am very fine..and u?

bazil9 on May 31, 2012 at 1:11 AM

SWalker on May 31, 2012 at 1:07 AM

Is North County Times still being published?

OmahaConservative on May 31, 2012 at 1:12 AM

*chortle*

You mean like this:

;-)

The War Planner on May 31, 2012 at 1:08 AM

Heh heh heh, you ever go outside when burning ash is falling on you?

SWalker on May 31, 2012 at 1:12 AM

. I’m up in Ramona,

SWalker on May 31, 2012 at 1:05 AM

We stayed in one of the resorts there several years ago. Nice area, we really enjoyed the stay there. However, we had one of the worst experiences with service at Denny’s there that we’ve ever had at a restaurant. They aren’t racist, they are just plain incompetent and don’t serve anybody in a timely fashion. For those unaware of it, years ago Denny’s was sued because they allegedly were discriminating against minority customers by either delaying seating them or taking a long time to serve them.

AZfederalist on May 31, 2012 at 1:12 AM

Not any longer. The lesbians started taking it over in the nineties…

OmahaConservative on May 31, 2012 at 1:04 AM

Elena Kagan took over San Diego??

LevinFan on May 31, 2012 at 1:13 AM

Illegals camping out…

… no charges filed.

Seven Percent Solution on May 31, 2012 at 1:11 AM

Nope, it wasn’t illegals camping out, it was a hunter from out of state who got lost and fired off a flare gun. And he did get prosecuted.

SWalker on May 31, 2012 at 1:14 AM

Bmore on May 31, 2012 at 12:50 AM

Nice one..The hat is cool!!…Spin this one..:)

Dire Straits on May 31, 2012 at 1:16 AM

C hog..you messing with my Bmore? Pick out your flowers.

In the mean time..I heard Elana got the axe. I will miss the lobster jokes..hysterical.

bazil9 on May 31, 2012 at 1:16 AM

Elena Kagan took over San Diego??

LevinFan on May 31, 2012 at 1:13 AM

No, it was Christine (the man) Kehoe and her cohorts along with Bonnie…

OmahaConservative on May 31, 2012 at 1:16 AM

Not any longer. The lesbians started taking it over in the nineties…

OmahaConservative on May 31, 2012 at 1:04 AM

Were they the mean ones or the pretty ones?

arnold ziffel on May 31, 2012 at 1:16 AM

AZfederalist on May 31, 2012 at 1:12 AM

That Denny’s is now owned by a Hispanic Couple. (They have two daughter who work as waitresses there, their both pretty dang cute)

SWalker on May 31, 2012 at 1:17 AM

Not any longer. The lesbians started taking it over in the nineties…

OmahaConservative on May 31, 2012 at 1:04 AM

Were they the mean ones or the pretty ones?

arnold ziffel on May 31, 2012 at 1:16 AM

Mean enough to make a junkyard dog tuck it’s tail between it’s legs and hide in terror…

SWalker on May 31, 2012 at 1:18 AM

And most reports are embargoed till 9:00AM!:)

canopfor on May 31, 2012 at 1:09 AM

I think Fox BN (Stewart Varney) comes up with that pretty early — 0615 PDT out here. Anyway, here’s the URL:

It’s got the April data there now and they’ll probably publish the May report tomorrow morning.

But, man, that’s one good thing about HG. Ed’s usually on that like white on rice. That and polls. He slices and dices those bullsh|t poll numbers like a Teppan chef and leaves those bastids gasping in the dust.

There’s a lot of analysis out there but it is usually too stuffy for me. Ed’s prose conveys the facts with a lot of humor and style..

..said the HG commenter who is getting right with Jesus in case the event of a bannable slip of the tongue keyboard.

The War Planner on May 31, 2012 at 1:18 AM

AZfederalist on May 31, 2012 at 1:12 AM

No disrespect..but great service and food isn’t what I think of Denny’s. Denny’s is Denny’s. Why I don’t go. Hell, I will buy an egg Mc Muffin first.

bazil9 on May 31, 2012 at 1:19 AM

Were they the mean ones or the pretty ones?

arnold ziffel on May 31, 2012 at 1:16 AM

Nasty, butch, manly, hairy and big & angry with weird lib’ glasses…

OmahaConservative on May 31, 2012 at 1:20 AM

The lesbians took over..lol

Too fun.

Night.

bazil9 on May 31, 2012 at 1:20 AM

SWalker on May 31, 2012 at 1:17 AM

Be worth a trip back just to see that :-) If only California didn’t charge hotel taxes on time shares. :-( So, we probably won’t be back any time soon, plenty of other places to stay in the US.

AZfederalist on May 31, 2012 at 1:23 AM

Heh heh heh, you ever go outside when burning ash is falling on you?

SWalker on May 31, 2012 at 1:12 AM

..we had that spate of fires up here in O. C. a few years back. Corona Del Mar and Newport Beach got pretty toasted along with parts of Costa Mesa.

And, maybe the folks on tonight who don’t live out here realize that we get those nasty Santa Ana winds (hot and dry) in September and October and that — along with the very little rainfall we have — usually kicks off a round of fires each year.

The War Planner on May 31, 2012 at 1:23 AM

bazil9 on May 31, 2012 at 1:20 AM

..greetings, Bazil!

The War Planner on May 31, 2012 at 1:23 AM

Evening all.

Very sad that I missed the EK banning. :(
I’ll go back and read it though.

4Grace on May 31, 2012 at 1:27 AM

Those diablo Santana winds are vicious. They do massive destruction…

OmahaConservative on May 31, 2012 at 1:28 AM

4Grace on May 31, 2012 at 1:27 AM

Good evening!!..:)

Dire Straits on May 31, 2012 at 1:28 AM

AZfederalist on May 31, 2012 at 1:12 AM

bazil9 on May 31, 2012 at 1:19 AM

Not the greatest place, but it’s usually pretty good for breakfast. Most Denny’s are slow service, so we usually don’t eat there, but this was the only place we found close to where we were staying. At that place, service wasn’t slow, it was non-existant. Got our drinks and never did see a waiter or waitress again. Actually got up to ask for service, was still ignored. We finally walked out, final insult? They still charged us for the drinks.

Had we turned right instead of left, we’d have found a local cafe that was cool. Had a bunch of locals talking to each other, you could tell that they were conservative and had been in the area for years. Food was good, service was great. We found that place the day before we left.

AZfederalist on May 31, 2012 at 1:29 AM

Evening all.

Very sad that I missed the EK banning. :(
I’ll go back and read it though.

4Grace on May 31, 2012 at 1:27 AM

..evening, Grace. Not much to see. It was pretty painless — with no muss nor fuss. *Pfffffffft* Gone!

The War Planner on May 31, 2012 at 1:29 AM

Heh heh heh, you ever go outside when burning ash is falling on you?

SWalker on May 31, 2012 at 1:12 AM

The War Planner on May 31, 2012 at 1:23 AM

Yup, I’ve lived here since 1970, but the 2003 Cedars Fire and the 2007 Witch Creek Fire were the worst in the states history, they burned over 1 million acres each, the 2007 Witch Creek Fire burned all the way from Julian to the Ocean. (Julian is over 40 miles inland). They showed the smoke from the Witch Creek Fire on Google Earth for awhile, it reached Colorado.

SWalker on May 31, 2012 at 1:29 AM

OmahaConservative on May 31, 2012 at 1:28 AM

Yes they can be..:(

Dire Straits on May 31, 2012 at 1:30 AM

Evening all.

Very sad that I missed the EK banning. :(
I’ll go back and read it though.

4Grace on May 31, 2012 at 1:27 AM

Evening Grace, it’s very anti-climatic, one moment she’s talking nonsense and the next she’s just gone.

SWalker on May 31, 2012 at 1:31 AM

SWalker on May 31, 2012 at 1:29 AM

2003 Cedar Creek reminded me of Hell & Sodom & Gomorrah on earth. It was very spooky and unreal…

OmahaConservative on May 31, 2012 at 1:33 AM

SWalker on May 31, 2012 at 1:29 AM

..yeah, these things get pretty serious. Of course, AZfed and others in the Southwest are probably laughing at us because their fires chew up huge swatches of land and ours are like campfires by comparison.

The War Planner on May 31, 2012 at 1:33 AM

Dire Straits on May 31, 2012 at 1:28 AM

Hi, Dire. Hope life is treating you well.

4Grace on May 31, 2012 at 1:33 AM

SWalker on May 31, 2012 at 1:31 AM

..anyway, speaking of evaporating, I gotta scoot. Early day tomorrow. Good chatting with you.

73s and 88s.

The War Planner on May 31, 2012 at 1:36 AM

The War Planner on May 31, 2012 at 1:33 AM

Not many fires anywhere burn a million plus acres. I don’t think anyone is laughing about that.

SWalker on May 31, 2012 at 1:36 AM

AZfederalist on May 31, 2012 at 1:12 AM

You left out about not giving minorities their birthday meals.

arnold ziffel on May 31, 2012 at 1:36 AM

SWalker on May 31, 2012 at 1:29 AM

When I lived in CA, I resided in the San Gabriel Valley area of L.A. One year during fires, our street looked like a zoo. We had at least one of every creature in our neighborhood, just trying to flee the fires.

4Grace on May 31, 2012 at 1:37 AM

The War Planner on May 31, 2012 at 1:36 AM

Goodnight, WP. Sleep well and have a great Thursday.

4Grace on May 31, 2012 at 1:39 AM

4Grace on May 31, 2012 at 1:37 AM

Yep, that freaked me out too. We just fed them science diet cat food and nasty San Diego tap water…

OmahaConservative on May 31, 2012 at 1:40 AM

bazil9 on May 31, 2012 at 1:19 AM

I go there for the atmosphere. BO, cigs, alcohol and tats.

arnold ziffel on May 31, 2012 at 1:41 AM

arnold ziffel on May 31, 2012 at 1:36 AM

How are you, arnold z.?

4Grace on May 31, 2012 at 1:41 AM

Hi, Dire. Hope life is treating you well.

4Grace on May 31, 2012 at 1:33 AM

It is all good..Hope you enjoyed birthday!!..:)

Dire Straits on May 31, 2012 at 1:41 AM

How are you, arnold z.?

4Grace on May 31, 2012 at 1:41 AM

Just fine ma’am and youz?

arnold ziffel on May 31, 2012 at 1:42 AM

I go there for the atmosphere. BO, cigs, alcohol and tats.

arnold ziffel on May 31, 2012 at 1:41 AM

LOL. Oh man, brings back fond memories. :)

4Grace on May 31, 2012 at 1:43 AM

Instead of firefighters they should teach all the ppl who live off the state to fight thought fires…… it would save overtime……..;)

angrymike on May 31, 2012 at 1:43 AM

I never want to see Joe Scarborough’s face again. I would rather see Obama than this a*shole.

pat on May 31, 2012 at 1:44 AM

I go there for the atmosphere. BO, cigs, alcohol and tats.

arnold ziffel on May 31, 2012 at 1:41 AM

LOL. Oh man, brings back fond memories. :)

4Grace on May 31, 2012 at 1:43 AM

Gives me flashbacks from my professional musician days….

SWalker on May 31, 2012 at 1:44 AM

So what’s been banned in CA already?

Wasn’t either frisbee or throwing a football on beaches banned somewhere in SoCal?

And there were talking about banning plastic bags in grocery stores too right? What’s the status of that one?

LevinFan on May 31, 2012 at 1:45 AM

pat on May 31, 2012 at 1:44 AM

Maybe a crackhead could eat his face?

OmahaConservative on May 31, 2012 at 1:45 AM

It is all good..Hope you enjoyed birthday!!..:)

Dire Straits on May 31, 2012 at 1:41 AM

Yes, thanks. A quiet one, just me and the kiddo. We’ll do the whole family & friends thing this weekend. :)

Just fine ma’am and youz?

arnold ziffel on May 31, 2012 at 1:42 AM

Always better than I deserve, arnold. ;)

4Grace on May 31, 2012 at 1:45 AM

Maybe a crackhead could eat his face?

OmahaConservative on May 31, 2012 at 1:45 AM

Hey! I just installed this monitor today, OC. Need it to last for awhile.

4Grace on May 31, 2012 at 1:47 AM

I go there for the atmosphere. BO, cigs, alcohol and tats.

arnold ziffel on May 31, 2012 at 1:41 AM

Excuse my ignorance, BO?

LevinFan on May 31, 2012 at 1:48 AM

angrymike on May 31, 2012 at 1:43 AM

Hi, mike. Good to see you survived the day.

4Grace on May 31, 2012 at 1:49 AM

Gives me flashbacks from my professional musician days….

SWalker on May 31, 2012 at 1:44 AM

I’ve ate plenty of meals at Denneys, either after bar time or work breaks. Some Denneys are better than others. 1983 and before was a long time ago.

arnold ziffel on May 31, 2012 at 1:51 AM

Excuse my ignorance, BO?

LevinFan on May 31, 2012 at 1:48 AM

You didn’t read Chapt. 5 of BO’s book?? Yeah, the Preezy had a lot of stories about his Denny’s Daze.

(B.O. = Body odor)

4Grace on May 31, 2012 at 1:52 AM

Excuse my ignorance, BO?

LevinFan on May 31, 2012 at 1:48 AM

body odoriferous :)

arnold ziffel on May 31, 2012 at 1:52 AM

4Grace
yes I did, my drinking days are way behind me………;)
I hope you enjoyed yours,
And didn’t get tired of hearing happy-b day….;)

angrymike on May 31, 2012 at 1:54 AM

(B.O. = Body odor)

4Grace on May 31, 2012 at 1:52 AM

Sorry Grace, but the last thing I want to do is waste my time reading a book written by our Marxist in Chief!

I almost bought “The Amateur” this weekend though.

I just started reading “Act of Valor” pretty good so far.

LevinFan on May 31, 2012 at 1:55 AM

Well I’d love to stay for some…..
CHIT

CHAT
But I’m tired, good night to all………;)

angrymike on May 31, 2012 at 1:56 AM

Gives me flashbacks from my professional musician days….

SWalker on May 31, 2012 at 1:44 AM

arnold ziffel on May 31, 2012 at 1:51 AM

Yes indeed it was, and coincidentally enough, that was pretty close to my professional musician days. (1981 through 1996) I can’t tell you how many times I’ve eaten at Denny’s at 3 am in the morning (Bar’s in California close at 2am)

SWalker on May 31, 2012 at 1:58 AM

LevinFan on May 31, 2012 at 1:55 AM

Sorry if I missed some dry humor on your part, but I was just joking about the book. I wouldn’t read it either.

I’ve been contemplating The Amateur myself.

4Grace on May 31, 2012 at 1:59 AM

angrymike on May 31, 2012 at 1:54 AM

No, not tired of it. Was a good day.

Goodnight, mike. I hope you have a great night’s sleep.

4Grace on May 31, 2012 at 2:01 AM

I’m hitting the hay. Just had a Fudgesicle and potato chips…

OmahaConservative on May 31, 2012 at 2:05 AM

Goodnight, OC.

Again, my condolences on your loss of Loraine.

4Grace on May 31, 2012 at 2:08 AM

I’ve been contemplating The Amateur myself.

4Grace on May 31, 2012 at 1:59 AM

Yeah, that one went right over my head :)

Glenn Beck said he wasn’t that interested in the Amateur until he interviewed Ed Klein and now says it’s a must read. I skimmed through it, looks like there’s some interesting stuff, and all of it can be used against Maobama.

LevinFan on May 31, 2012 at 2:09 AM