Elizabeth Warren: I was the first nursing mother to take the bar exam in New Jersey, you know

posted at 4:41 pm on May 30, 2012 by Allahpundit

Via Legal Insurrection. As you might expect, New Jersey bar administrators have no idea what she’s talking about. Maybe she meant to say she’s the first fake Native American nursing mother to take the bar exam in New Jersey?

Because that might well be true.

“I was the first nursing mother to take a bar exam in the state of New Jersey,” Warren told an audience at the Chicago Humanities Festival in 2011, in a video posted on the CHF website. When asked how Warren knows that, her campaign said: “Elizabeth was making a point about the very serious challenges she faced as a working mom — from taking an all-day bar exam when she was still breast-feeding, to finding work as a lawyer that would accommodate a mom with two small children.”

Winnie Comfort of the New Jersey Judiciary, which administers that state’s bar exam, said there’s no way to verify Warren’s claim. Comfort said women have been taking the New Jersey bar exam since 1895, but she’s not aware their nursing habits were ever tracked.

Elsewhere in 0/32 Cherokee news, Legal Insurrection also notes the appearance of a bold new band of truthtellers — “Cherokees Demand Truth from Elizabeth Warren,” led by the same Cherokee genealogist who called Warren out two weeks ago. 156 members and counting:

Many wonder why we Cherokees are so insistent on Elizabeth Warren coming clean about her false claims of Cherokee ancestry. This is not a political issue to us. We don’t care if Elizabeth Warren is a Democrat, Republican, or an Independent. We do care, though, if she goes around claiming to be Cherokee and has tried to benefit from that claim. Some people might not realize there are only three federally recognized Cherokee tribes in the United States, but there are more than 200 groups who fraudulently claim to be Cherokee tribes. While the federally recognized tribes have very specific criteria their members must meet in order to be enrolled or registered, there is no consistent criterion for membership into the fraudulent groups. Many members of these fraudulent groups base their claim of Cherokee ancestry on the same thing Ms. Warren bases hers on…family lore…

We have researched Ms. Warren’s ancestry in the line she claims to be Cherokee through, as well as researched the collateral lines connected to that family. There is absolutely no indication of her having anything other than Caucasian ancestors. Though Ms. Warren’s ancestors did move into the areas that later became Oklahoma, they arrived at the same time many other non-Indian families arrived – when the land was going to be opened up and they thought they could get free or cheap land from the Indians. Ms. Warren’s ancestors were not Cherokees and neither is she. We, as Cherokees, cannot allow Ms. Warren to continue on with her false claims. If we allow someone as high profile as her to get away with it, then everyone else will expect a free pass as well.

Warren’s camp insists that she’s done talking about this and so far voters have shrugged at the storyline, but it’s not over yet. Go read Michael Patrick Leahy’s attempt to sort through the timeline at Harvard Law on Warren’s hiring and when members of the faculty might have learned of her “minority” status. An interesting contrast: Robert Clark, the former dean of HLS, says he was told by members of his own family that he was part Choctaw but he never thought to claim that status professionally because he never verified it. Quote: “It was just family lore, and more importantly, I had no identification whatsoever with the Choctaw community.” Go figure that a law professor might insist on hard evidence before asserting a professional credential.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Will Elizabeth Warren give out free samples of milk to anyone who votes for her?

Gladtobehere on May 30, 2012 at 5:28 PM

Elizabeth Warren walks into a Bar exam… (you fill in the rest)

spiritof61 on May 30, 2012 at 5:29 PM

Her baby broke the record for the youngest person ever in a bar exam room. It must have been quite a distraction for the male law students in the room, and brought down the average score that year!

But she took the bar exam in New Jersey??? Carpetbagger!!!

Steve Z on May 30, 2012 at 5:31 PM

Even MoveOn.org finds her toxic.

MoveOn.org: We May Have to Pull the Plug on Elizabeth Warren

hepcat on May 30, 2012 at 5:32 PM

Making a clean breast of things, Elizabeth Warren responds to questions from Cherokee group: “leave me alone; I was busy getting ready for the bar at the time” More to follow as events warrant.

UnrepentantCurmudgeon on May 30, 2012 at 5:33 PM

Warren has ruined milk for me. From this point forward I eat my cereal dry.

BHO Jonestown on May 30, 2012 at 5:33 PM

Said this earlier when this article was in the Headlines section, but IMHO it bears repeating…

She was nursing a whopper of a hangover form the firewater sold to her by evil palefaces.

ya2daup on May 30, 2012 at 5:33 PM

You know, if the mASSachussetts voters are collectively shrugging their shoulders over Warren’s lies, the sadistic side of me hopes that they DO vote for her over Scott Brown. I guess being liberal-socialist is more important that trustworthiness and being truthful.

One would think that after 3.5 god-awful years of SippyCup and all of the poisonous verbal diarrhead he’s been spewing from both ends, a demand for Honesty would be making a roaring comeback.

I guess not in mASSachussetts; they truly deserve this psycho.

SnarkySam on May 30, 2012 at 5:33 PM

I heard she was PMSing when she took her Civil Procedure final exam.

St Gaudens on May 30, 2012 at 5:34 PM

UnrepentantCurmudgeon on May 30, 2012 at 5:33 PM

Now it all makes sense.

Gladtobehere on May 30, 2012 at 5:35 PM

New minority alert! Affirmative action for lactating females!!!! (Allows for extra time to complete the exam between milky emissions.)

Sasha List on May 30, 2012 at 5:35 PM

Aw. Wish I hadn’t gone back over it. I was happy and now I’m sad. But there it is, in anti-aliased pixels … race is, in fact, a professional credential.

Axe on May 30, 2012 at 5:35 PM

Indian chiefs across the Native American landscape are offering up a collective Ugh…

FireBlogger on May 30, 2012 at 5:38 PM

I wonder if Warren’s baby’s FATHER has any memory of this. If she really needed to take the bar exam, couldn’t he have bottle-fed the baby one day, or hired somebody to do it?

Steve Z on May 30, 2012 at 5:39 PM

“— from taking an all-day bar exam when she was still breast-feeding…”

So, if someone were to continue breastfeeding until their child was say – I don’t know – 3 or 4 years old, would that person still find a day-long enterprise a challenge?

BKeyser on May 30, 2012 at 5:39 PM

Does anyone know if she was the first menopausal professor at HLS?

St Gaudens on May 30, 2012 at 5:41 PM

Steve Z on May 30, 2012 at 5:39 PM

It’s not the Cherokee way. Squaw must feed child until she becomes U.S. Senator. Indian tradition matters to Elizabeth Warren.

Gladtobehere on May 30, 2012 at 5:42 PM

Sorry I have not read the thread but my first impression is she sure is letting it all hang out there.

derecho on May 30, 2012 at 5:43 PM

Ick.

Fleuries on May 30, 2012 at 5:44 PM

UnrepentantCurmudgeon on May 30, 2012 at 5:33 PM

In the meantime, may I offer you some herbed tomatoes? I made them using an old family recipe.

kringeesmom on May 30, 2012 at 5:45 PM

Even MoveOn.org finds her toxic.
MoveOn.org: We May Have to Pull the Plug on Elizabeth Warren
hepcat on May 30, 2012 at 5:32 PM

Actually, they still lover her. They’re just broke (article is $5 money bomb).

eeyore on May 30, 2012 at 5:48 PM

Fauxcohontas took a bar exam when she was still breastfeeding? Do they allow 1 year olds into bars?

CoolCzech on May 30, 2012 at 5:50 PM

Actually, they still lover her. They’re just broke (article is $5 money bomb).

eeyore on May 30, 2012 at 5:48 PM

Somebody should send them some beads.

TexasDan on May 30, 2012 at 5:51 PM

“You can’t do that during the exam.”
“What is this, the Trail of Tears? My papoose is full and hungry, and by the Great Spirit you shall never oppress us again!”
“I am ashamed to admit you are right. I am insensitive. Indeed I am racist.”
“You are a Republican. Now give me that test booklet.”

from Pow-wow to the Potomac: The Elizabeth Warren Story

spiritof61 on May 30, 2012 at 5:52 PM

Ah the famous lactation defense SNARK.

Dr Evil on May 30, 2012 at 5:53 PM

I was a Brown supporter until I heard about her heroic struggles as a lactating American. Now I realize that Elizabeth Warren is totally qualified to be a US Senator.

/sarc

patriette on May 30, 2012 at 5:55 PM

Ick.

Fleuries on May 30, 2012 at 5:44 PM

Yep. I’m with you on that. ; )

Bmore on May 30, 2012 at 5:55 PM

Actually, they still lover her. They’re just broke (article is $5 money bomb).

eeyore on May 30, 2012 at 5:48 PM

Thanks. I should have read the article instead of the just the headline.

hepcat on May 30, 2012 at 5:56 PM

I heard she was only 1/32 nursing mother.

bluesman on May 30, 2012 at 5:56 PM

This lady has a problem. I bet anything you can do she can do better.

Cindy Munford on May 30, 2012 at 6:07 PM

This lady has a problem. I bet anything you can do she can do better.

Cindy Munford on May 30, 2012 at 6:07 PM

Maybe, maybe not. ; )

Bmore on May 30, 2012 at 6:09 PM

Lie to congress and you go to prison. It’s time to start throwing lying politicians into prison…maybe make it a capital crime to lie to voters.

Karmi on May 30, 2012 at 6:09 PM

Cindy Munford on May 30, 2012 at 6:07 PM

I’m still not getting why it’s such a big deal that she was the first nursing mother.
Not getting that at all…

OmahaConservative on May 30, 2012 at 6:10 PM

But she took the bar exam in New Jersey??? Carpetbagger!!!

Steve Z on May 30, 2012 at 5:31 PM

She graduated from Rutger’s New Jersey Law School. Also, she is the only Rutger’s Law graduate in the country that is a law porfessor who graduated from Rutgers except for the professor at Rutger’s law school.

Usually, Rutger law school graduates are good for representation in traffic court. They win about 50% of their cases.

patch on May 30, 2012 at 6:11 PM

Good grief, its the vote for me because I’m the self proclaimed pity party queen, campaign.

What’s next, if you love Karl Marx stomp your feet?

Speakup on May 30, 2012 at 6:15 PM

When I saw “Cherokees Demand Truth for Elizabeth Warren” I thought she might have gotten some support. That it is a typo makes much more sense.

Voters have their own timeline. And it is not about her false claims of Cherokee blood. It is the overall question in how she used it. Did she get preferential hiring consideration based on the lie? What does the lie say about her character? In short it is less about Warren’s lies about her heritage but what she did with it.

I’m perfectly willing to believe that family lore led Warren to believe she was part Cherokee. Growing up in Oklahoma, she would hardly be unique in that regard. BUT you need more than family lore and high cheekbones to make the claim of being native American.

Happy Nomad on May 30, 2012 at 6:19 PM

This woman has a serious problem. It seems she beleives that she must be lauded, exhalted, honor, etc. in some way in order to have relevance.

I guess campaigning for the U.S. Senate on the issues is out of the question.

EdmundBurke247 on May 30, 2012 at 6:21 PM

How come the trolls never come around these Warren threads?

CurtZHP on May 30, 2012 at 4:46 PM

Professional courtesy.

Happy Nomad on May 30, 2012 at 6:21 PM

kringeesmom on May 30, 2012 at 5:45 PM

I love those tomatoes! That old family recipe that called for finishing in the Microwave is the secret I think…(Algore invented the internet, seems Sitting Bull invented the microwave)

teejk on May 30, 2012 at 6:22 PM

Elizabeth Warren for being such a self avoid super genius has not learned the first rule of holes.

Wyle E. Warren
Super Genius
Have Forked Tongue Will Travel.

jukin3 on May 30, 2012 at 6:23 PM

/sarc

patriette on May 30, 2012 at 5:55 PM

Your post made me snicker, but that sarc tag made me laugh out loud. :) Proper etiquette, and probably even just habit, but — scary world if that post needed it.

lol … “Lactating American”

Axe on May 30, 2012 at 6:30 PM

teejk on May 30, 2012 at 6:22 PM

Don’t forget the Dijon mustard. Many moons ago, the Dijon’s traded it to my people for hand woven baskets. Dijon mustard then became a Native American pantry staple.

kringeesmom on May 30, 2012 at 6:38 PM

Not getting that at all…

OmahaConservative on May 30, 2012 at 6:10 PM

She is trying to relate to all of the oppressed mothers who are not allowed to acheive their dreams because of their nursing bras.

kringeesmom on May 30, 2012 at 6:41 PM

Not getting that at all…

OmahaConservative on May 30, 2012 at 6:10 PM

Because of the Republican War on Women. If you continue to harp on her dishonesty, it’s because you hate women. She is obviously as womanly as one can be because she nursed her baby during the bar exam and she did it before anyone else. She is ultra-woman. Ye who seek her downfall are attempting to suppress women and deny them their rights, forcing them to remain barefoot andpregnant (much like her Cherokee ancestors. Ye who persist in irrelevant attempts to clarify the extent and nature of her dishonesty are sexist pigs and oppressors of the fairer sex.

talkingpoints on May 30, 2012 at 6:43 PM

kringeesmom on May 30, 2012 at 6:38 PM

LOL…might I also suggest a frozen breast milk smoothee (sitting bull apparently invented refrigeration too).

teejk on May 30, 2012 at 6:44 PM

I was the first nursing mother to take the bar exam in New Jersey

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Jebus….. she must be auditioning for Jersey Shores

Figures the country is what it is ….if this is a serious candidate.

roflmmfao

donabernathy on May 30, 2012 at 6:49 PM

So– Im supposed to cry for you when every day millions of “nursing mothers” put in 12-14 hour work shiftsday in and day out. SHUT the front UP.

canditaylor68 on May 30, 2012 at 6:50 PM

At the rate Warren is going, I wouldnt doubt that her taking the BAR doesn’t even coincide with the birth of her children.

southsideironworks on May 30, 2012 at 6:51 PM

teejk on May 30, 2012 at 6:44 PM

Of course he did… someone had to feed the babies while the mom’s were away pow-wowing at the casino, and sitting for at the bar.

kringeesmom on May 30, 2012 at 6:54 PM

OmahaConservative on May 30, 2012 at 6:10 PM

I assume that it is some kind of an attempt to look like a super woman or would that be super squaw?

Cindy Munford on May 30, 2012 at 7:07 PM

Bmore on May 30, 2012 at 6:09 PM

LOL! So to speak.

Cindy Munford on May 30, 2012 at 7:08 PM

Her dreamcatcher definitely isn’t working.

Christien on May 30, 2012 at 7:10 PM

Minnehaha is not amused…

OmahaConservative on May 30, 2012 at 7:14 PM

She’s toast fry bread.

Christien on May 30, 2012 at 7:17 PM

She is also the first nursing Cherokee chef female lawyer to read a shampoo bottle while taking a dump.

BL@KBIRD on May 30, 2012 at 7:20 PM

OmahaConservative on May 30, 2012 at 7:14 PM

LOL!

Cindy Munford on May 30, 2012 at 7:45 PM

Cherokee Squaw Elizabeth Warren was a regular guest on the Dr. Phil Show 2003-2005 where she helped his viewers “grasp today’s financial realities”.

From a July 29, 2010 Blog Post by Dr. Phil:

As it turns out, Elizabeth is a good friend of mine and of the show, and is a good, down-to-earth Oklahoma native! She has worked with our viewers to help them grasp today’s financial realities and the options available to them. She is smart, hard working and connects in a very real way. I am such a fan, I even wrote the forward for one of her excellent books on financial survival, All Your Worth: The Ultimate Lifetime Money Plan. We are so like-minded!

Quick! Somebody call Dr. Phil! We need Dr. Phil to do an intervention, to help his good friend Elizabeth Warren understand the consequences of the faux-stories she keeps making up.

wren on May 30, 2012 at 8:00 PM

“Trying to distract from fake Indian heritage scandal, Elizabeth Warren talks about her breasts.”

There’s an alternate caption for your video.

Merovign on May 30, 2012 at 8:03 PM

patch on May 30, 2012 at 6:11 PM

Having graduated from the no. 3 law school and worked around the country, I can tell you that the top 10 students from almost any law school can wipe the floor with the bottom 20% of students from Harvard or any other top school.

Over50 on May 30, 2012 at 8:04 PM

There’s an alternate caption for your video.

Merovign on May 30, 2012 at 8:03 PM

Tit for tat…

OmahaConservative on May 30, 2012 at 8:17 PM

Typical lefty liar. Comes from inferiority complex and a desire to inflate ones accomplishments or hardship. LIAR!

Doomsday on May 30, 2012 at 8:34 PM

When does the lactation recipe book come out? It’ll be on my list for shower gifts for any and all liberal moms who have the misfortune of having me on their shower invitation list.

waterytart on May 30, 2012 at 8:44 PM

Whatever. I do not care about this broad…not now, not ever. Her attempts to sing songs of her own praises just nauseates me. I give a rat’s behind about her nursing while she was taking the bar exams.

Just go the eff away, Warren…you sicken me and I don’t like you. Thank gods I live in Idaho, where I don’t have to put up with this kind of BS. Our BS is a little saner.

sage0925 on May 30, 2012 at 8:48 PM

She’s toast fry bread.

Now that’s funny right there.

ugottabekiddingme on May 30, 2012 at 8:57 PM

Okay, that’s almost as funny as a urologist named Dick Binger.

AubieJon on May 30, 2012 at 4:44 PM

Actually, in Austin there is one called Dick Chop and he specializes in vasectomies.

Robert Jensen on May 30, 2012 at 9:16 PM

At least Warren is telling something that is not a lie this time?

Sherman1864 on May 30, 2012 at 9:25 PM

Sherman1864 on May 30, 2012 at 9:25 PM

Really? And you know this how? I can understand her mentioning all that she accomplished while the mother of two small children but why claim “first” or Bishop as it is known around here? And there are probably many women who worked all day at stressful jobs with small children whose husbands were gone.

Cindy Munford on May 30, 2012 at 9:37 PM

I’m sorry, but how is that an accomplishment exactly? Nursing mothers do all sorts of things, including holding down full time jobs for months, the bar exam is just two or three days depending on your state. Now if she nursed her baby during the bar exam, that might be a first!

toby11 on May 30, 2012 at 9:50 PM

Now here is a headline:

Warren Admits Being In A Titty Bar

Okay, that’s almost as funny as a urologist named Dick Binger.

AubieJon on May 30, 2012 at 4:44 PM

Robert Jensen on May 30, 2012 at 9:16 PM

Had to cross my legs when I read that!
Is he 1/57th Apache?
Kinda gives new meaning to the phrase “tomahawk chop”.

Bubba Redneck on May 30, 2012 at 10:49 PM

How big of a medal does this woman want–something like the ones Obutthead handed out at the WH this week? She acts like she’s the only mother who ever breast-fed their baby. I suppose her evidence for this feat comes from the same place as her proof of Cherokee heritage? So she couldn’t make other arrangements for that one day? Then again, you know those lefties gotta make sure they have plenty of experiences they can whine about to embellish their suffering.

stukinIL4now on May 31, 2012 at 1:58 AM

Maybe she should go on the cover of Time to draw attention to the plight of breast-feeding attorneys?

What’s more difficult? Breast-feeding or taking the NJ bar exam?

And this white squaw did both! Amazing!

virgo on May 31, 2012 at 2:57 AM

WH(.)RE

DevilsPrinciple on May 31, 2012 at 5:28 AM

Nursing mother? There goes the pro-abortion vote and throw in the
eco-barren wombs vote….

Say, why isn’t Patrick’s not caring about the Cherokee’s views racist?

Don L on May 31, 2012 at 5:41 AM

Sherman1864 on May 30, 2012 at 9:25 PM
Cindy Munford on May 30, 2012 at 9:37 PM

I meant the comment as irony. Please read again.

Sherman1864 on May 31, 2012 at 6:31 AM

“When asked how Warren knows that, her campaign said:” — Her momma told her.

Ira on May 31, 2012 at 7:01 AM

She’s certainly the right level of IQ to appeal to today’s Democrat voter. I predict she wins 52-48. 57-43 if she molests a child or murders someone.

MNHawk on May 31, 2012 at 7:30 AM

I understand that fake-Cherokees produce soy milk.

Pork-Chop on May 31, 2012 at 7:50 AM

Gee my working wife, who breast fed, and I did it the old fashioned way. We altered our schedules and got a babysitter
I’m waiting for this woman to pander next to handicapped, bisexual, minority women who came from broken homes and were abused as children. There is no limit to pandering by liberals.

Art on May 31, 2012 at 8:32 AM

Since she looks kinda sorta menopausal(I’m being kind here), maybe she could claim she still teaches in spite of suffering from pms. The Cherokee are upset because they use past harsh treatment from 150 years ago to get ahead today and get other freebies handed out by the feds. They are no better than the reverends and others who cling to the civil rights actions of the 60′s.

Kissmygrits on May 31, 2012 at 9:52 AM

Elizabeth Warren is the epitome of a liberal. She will say anything at anytime with no regards for the truth to further her own best interests. This is exactly what has the world reeling when individuals put themselves above the best interests of those they have swore to represent. The sad part is she is preaching to the choir as those she is attempting to deceive are the same ones who are the most susceptible to her lies. Massachusetts, being the most liberal state in the country, has a record of choosing liars and deceivers to be their leaders. Kennedy, Kerry and Frank, the list goes on and on.

volsense on May 31, 2012 at 9:52 AM

Somebody should send them some beads.

TexasDan on May 30, 2012 at 5:51 PM

You’d have to mail it to her campaign, but how funny would it be if everyone sent her wampum as a campaign donation?

hawkdriver on May 31, 2012 at 10:41 AM

Just checking in really quickly. Like to keep abreast.

Axe on May 31, 2012 at 10:44 AM

hawkdriver on May 31, 2012 at 10:41 AM

Loved that idea, but — wampum is actually way too nice to just … you know. Wish wampum was just some deer-skin. I could just er, “go get that” this weekend.

Axe on May 31, 2012 at 10:47 AM

Sherman1864 on May 31, 2012 at 6:31 AM

Sorry, you are new to me so I haven’t developed a tone to attribute to your comments.

Cindy Munford on May 31, 2012 at 11:15 AM

Item the first: You’re probably lying. Again.

Item the second: Neither I nor much anyone else gives an unwiped rat’s patootey whether or not you had leaky boobs when took the bar exam.

MelonCollie on May 31, 2012 at 11:29 AM

Good Lord, now she’s claiming membership in another minority group? Has she learned nothing from her Indian debacle? Why doesn’t she just play it safe, and run on her record. Oh wait, that wouldn’t be too safe. Never mind.

uncle_fweddy on May 31, 2012 at 1:17 PM

i say – prove it – do it again!

Fuquay Steve on June 1, 2012 at 10:21 AM

She is turning into a terrific asset. Perhaps not for Scott Brown, as the state is just too deeply in the tank for socialists, but certainly for conservatism on the whole. Keep her talking…

Freelancer on June 1, 2012 at 11:50 AM