New Live Action video shows Planned Parenthood encouraging gender-selective abortion, Medicaid fraud

posted at 8:41 am on May 29, 2012 by Ed Morrissey

Want to see a real war on women?  Not one defined by the opposition to the imposition of a Hubby State and subsidies, but one in which women of the future are systematically eliminated?  Live Action went undercover last month at a number of abortion clinics across the nation to expose how the abortion industry assists and even encourages gender-selective abortion, a global trend that has eliminated tens of millions of girls before they ever draw breath outside the womb.  The video also shows a Planned Parenthood counselor in Texas explaining to a young mother how to defraud Medicaid:

“This was a multi-state, national investigation demonstrating that this is a widespread problem across our country,” Live Action president Lila Rose told The Daily Caller in an interview Monday.

“First of all, the statistics and studies indicate that we are adding to the growing problem across the world of sex-selective targeting of unborn girls for abortion. We are going to be demonstrating — starting with this video from Texas — that the abortion industry in the United States is aiding and abetting this horrific problem.”

The first in what Live Action says is a series of videotaped incidents exposing American abortion facilities’  willingness to assist in sex-selection abortions took place at a South Austin, Texas Planned Parenthood clinic. In the footage, a Planned Parenthood counselor appears to readily assist and advise a Live Action actor who said she was trying to obtain an abortion if her baby is female.

“In this video, what is astounding is that Rebecca, the Planned Parenthood counselor, starts arranging with the actor about how to get a late-term abortion,” Rose said. “To wait until her pregnancy is so developed that — and using Medicaid for this, using the state to pay for the ultrasound to determine the gender, and then to do a late term abortion if it was a little girl.”

Welcome to the real war on women.  This one has real casualties, too.  But even if one supports abortion rights for whatever purpose, should taxpayer dollars flow to organizations that offer advice on how to defraud Medicaid?

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

sick

theblacksheepwasright on May 29, 2012 at 8:44 AM

Isn’t Gov. Perry trying to defund Planned Parenthood here in Texas? I haven’t followed it that closely, but I know the Obama Administration is fighting them on this.

Doughboy on May 29, 2012 at 8:45 AM

Funded by our Government

Electrongod on May 29, 2012 at 8:45 AM

Well this strengthens Perry’s case.

gophergirl on May 29, 2012 at 8:46 AM

Hang em high.

bgibbs1000 on May 29, 2012 at 8:46 AM

Be sure your sins will find you out.

Live Action doing the job the MSM won’t do.

NickDeringer on May 29, 2012 at 8:47 AM

Why PP must go even if we can’t overturn Roe.

MelonCollie on May 29, 2012 at 8:48 AM

…did ACORN move?

KOOLAID2 on May 29, 2012 at 8:51 AM

“My sons…” – Barack Obama

AubieJon on May 29, 2012 at 8:52 AM

Ah yes, Austin. The rectum of Texas. Sick, sad and not the least bit surprising. Planned Parenthood is a disgrace of a program. Why else would the left fight so vigorously for it.

JAGonzo on May 29, 2012 at 8:52 AM

Abortion – it’s the final solution.

NoDonkey on May 29, 2012 at 8:52 AM

I have no idea why conservatives keep referring to the organization as “Planned Parenthood“? They are the exact antithesis of it. In fact, “Planned Murderhood” would be so much more appropriate.

Archivarix on May 29, 2012 at 8:54 AM

But we had PP’s word that this kind of stuff doesn’t happen in their “clinics.” This is just as damning as the ACORN sting operation. I can’t imagine sitting in an office with a “counselor” who seems more concerned about the judgement of others than gender-based abortion. These are truly evil people.

I hope this tape brings PP down.

Happy Nomad on May 29, 2012 at 8:55 AM

Komen-sponsored.

thebrokenrattle on May 29, 2012 at 8:55 AM

Archivarix on May 29, 2012 at 8:54 AM

Absolutely.

50sGuy on May 29, 2012 at 8:55 AM

They are making Margaret Sanger proud. And the counselor herself appears to be one of those Sanger wanted to get rid of.

LibraryGryffon on May 29, 2012 at 8:56 AM

In fact, “Planned Murderhood” would be so much more appropriate.

Archivarix on May 29, 2012 at 8:54 AM

“Murder Incorporated” is the best one I’ve seen to illustrate what PP really is.

NoDonkey on May 29, 2012 at 8:56 AM

As soon as I saw the main post headline, and before I read the sub heading or Ed’s write-up, I thought: “that’s a real war on women.”

We know that, in countries like China and India, girls are far less desired as children.

Abortion already kills off down syndrome babies, who are deemed not worth the effort. Just wait until there is some kind of genetic test for homosexuality. These disposable babies will be snuffed out because parents won’t want to deal with such supposed “imperfections”.

Welcome to the wonderful, twisted and inhuman world of eugenics and progressivism.

bluegill on May 29, 2012 at 8:58 AM

So, would this be considered suicide since PP, and other leftist groups that get “outed”, are hanging themselves with their own words and actions? Just one more mortal sin to add to the ledger.

TQM38a on May 29, 2012 at 8:58 AM

Komen-sponsored.

thebrokenrattle on May 29, 2012 at 8:55 AM

My thoughts exactly.

Lost in Jersey on May 29, 2012 at 8:59 AM

That statement will be, this is just a selective case(s), the people have been fired…unless they go into every PP office, and tape the exact same thing, it will be treated as an anomaly…

National Organization of Women had this to say….” “

right2bright on May 29, 2012 at 8:59 AM

China applauds and endorses Planned Parenthood.

Cavalry on May 29, 2012 at 8:59 AM

It all starts with the nuance of language…

In this video, what is astounding is that Rebecca, the Planned Parenthood counselor, starts arranging with the actor about how to get a late-term…

The last time I looked, only actresses are capable of having abortions.

Planned Unparenthood is more apropos.

How horrifying.

herm2416 on May 29, 2012 at 9:01 AM

We’re missing the input from the PP defenders.

Where the heck are ya?

Kraken on May 29, 2012 at 9:02 AM

LibraryGryffon on May 29, 2012 at 8:56 AM

Yep, rid the gene pool of imperfections. Dehumanize the killed babies and pretend like they never existed.

bluegill on May 29, 2012 at 9:03 AM

I don’t consider myself a man with a lot of real hate in my system, but this makes my heart turn absolutely black.

Bishop on May 29, 2012 at 9:03 AM

We’re missing the input from the PP defenders.

Where the heck are ya?

Kraken on May 29, 2012 at 9:02 AM

Those kinds of people tend to shy away from defending the indefensible. And keep in mind there was nothing defensible about what we saw in that video. They’ll let the issue cool down and be back to their usual claims that PP is something other than a government-subsidized chain of abortion factories.

Happy Nomad on May 29, 2012 at 9:08 AM

PP – funded and endorsed by Obama and NOW. From the media… Crickets chirping. What has this nation become?

joadard on May 29, 2012 at 9:09 AM

Viral!

Facebook, Twitter, blogs, email.

This. Must. Go. Viral.

Flora Duh on May 29, 2012 at 9:09 AM

S-H-A-M-E

stenwin77 on May 29, 2012 at 9:09 AM

And what if the ultrasound shows that it is a boy…but he doesn’t have blonde hair and blue eyes? Can I abort him too? My husband Adolf is really insistent.

Trafalgar on May 29, 2012 at 9:10 AM

The last time I looked, only actresses are capable of having abortions.

Planned Unparenthood is more apropos.

How horrifying.

herm2416 on May 29, 2012 at 9:01 AM

*has horrible mental images*

Ewwwwwwwwww! Brainbleach, STAT!

MelonCollie on May 29, 2012 at 9:10 AM

I’ve seen comments/posts from doctors at other sites who agree that the main reason for most of the prenatal testing is so the mother can decide whether or not to continue the pregnancy.

I’ve known a lot of people who’ve said that they are only going to have one kid, so if there is even a suggestion of anything “wrong” with it, they’ll just get rid of it (the actual words one of them used to me!) and start over.

I’ve said it before, here and on other sites, but how is this coming generation of humans going to feel when they realize that their parents would have killed them, thrown them out like garbage, if they weren’t “perfect”? What happens if that imperfection happens after birth, due to accident or illness? What happens if the imperfection is one that wasn’t detectable pre-natally? The teen years can be emotionally hard. How much worse would they be if the child thinks that their parents’ love is conditional, and they no longer meet the conditions?

LibraryGryffon on May 29, 2012 at 9:11 AM

thebrokenrattle on May 29, 2012 at 8:55 AM

If we don’t have as many women, we won’t have as much breast cancer. Statistically speaking.

Cindy Munford on May 29, 2012 at 9:12 AM

But, but, but!!! They cure cancer!!!

SouthernGent on May 29, 2012 at 9:14 AM

The LiveAction lady said again and again; gotcha.

Little Boomer on May 29, 2012 at 9:15 AM

My opinion is irrelevant as I had the misfortune of being born with a penis. Strangely, my wife’s opinion is the same (abortion is murder). What’s her problem?

swinia sutki on May 29, 2012 at 9:17 AM

I don’t like Planned Parenthood, but I thought some of y’all were being as bad as them with your comments. Then I watched the video…

I apologize to those of y’all I thought were as bad as Planned Parenthood. The contempt that Rebecca showed towards doctors with ethics not equal to hers was stunning.

cozmo on May 29, 2012 at 9:17 AM

I just ordered a complete set of measuring devices to check the dimensions of my kid’s skulls, nose length, eye size, relative location of their ears, etc. This will help me determine whether or not they are worth keeping or if I should send for the mobile euthanasia truck.

Bishop on May 29, 2012 at 9:17 AM

It would be funny, if not so abhorrently dispicable, to see how it’s likely the very scoundrels that vote in the socialists schemes like Medicare are the ones defrauding it for personal gain. Pay for your own abortions!

As for gender-selective abortions, i think it’s a fantastic testament to the amazing evolution of medical techniques. I personally think it’s wonderful to have a baby daughter. Mine is the most beautiful thing on the planet, in my eyes. But after having her, I really wanted a son. To think that it can be perfectly safe for my wife and I to have been able to be selective in that way is amazing to me. Think of how much more happy everyone is when they get what they want! I’m all for gender-selection. But pay for it yourself!

If you’re unable to stop weeping at the thought of an unwanted POTENTIAL individual, grow up and deal with reality honestly. Rights are for ACTUAL individuals. And hang up the religious mantra too- deal with REALITY!

beselfish on May 29, 2012 at 9:18 AM

This needs to be shown to the Planned Parenthood lady’s mother. What if she had been like her daughter?

Steve Z on May 29, 2012 at 9:19 AM

Wow, that was pretty gross at 4:09 when she casually said that she killed 2 of her 6 children.

Dollayo on May 29, 2012 at 9:20 AM

Disgusting.

vcferlita on May 29, 2012 at 9:20 AM

It would be funny, if not so abhorrently despicable, to see how it’s likely the very scoundrels that vote in the socialists schemes like Medicare are the ones defrauding it for personal gain. Pay for your own abortions!

beselfish on May 29, 2012 at 9:18 AM

HELL yes!!!

MelonCollie on May 29, 2012 at 9:20 AM

What if she had been like her daughter?

Steve Z on May 29, 2012 at 9:19 AM

How ’bout her four kids?

Her laughing about that was kind of sickening.

cozmo on May 29, 2012 at 9:21 AM

Rights are for ACTUAL individuals.

beselfish on May 29, 2012 at 9:18 AM

Silly me. I thought I’d never find the absolute moral authority on the definition of “ACTUAL individuals”. Bless you.

swinia sutki on May 29, 2012 at 9:23 AM

As a society we pretty much treat men as second class citizens, I assume they would be just as willing to help if she wanted to terminate a boy. Termination seemingly being the goal. Am I looking at a place whose bottom line is determined on dead babies? Do they have any other source of income?

Cindy Munford on May 29, 2012 at 9:23 AM

…yep!…those Republicans hate womens!

KOOLAID2 on May 29, 2012 at 9:23 AM

WOW!

bopbottle on May 29, 2012 at 9:29 AM

Happy Nomad on May 29, 2012 at 9:08 AM

Their lack of fervor in defense of this is telling, to say the least. In a way, I almost feel sorry for them, to have to live like that.

Chilling.

Kraken on May 29, 2012 at 9:29 AM

You lie to yourself if you think love is unconditional. Do you love just anyone? If there is a “who” at the other end of your love, then conditions for that love inherently exist. Whether you acknowledge them or not is the degree to which you are honest.

beselfish on May 29, 2012 at 9:29 AM

beselfish on May 29, 2012 at 9:18 AM

You are yet another reason why I lock the doors at night and keep a herd of big dogs.

Bishop on May 29, 2012 at 9:30 AM

Can’t we expect the other shoe to drop? China may favor female infanticide for its own labor force reasons, but can we assume the same in the U.S.? Or is it more plausible to expect that U.S. designer parents will employ a more balanced approach? The point: maybe ease off on the “war on women” slant and target gendercide for derision–irrespective of X/Y distribution.

Barnestormer on May 29, 2012 at 9:30 AM

beselfish on May 29, 2012 at 9:18 AM

I see you’ve chosen an appropriate nickname.

Lost in Jersey on May 29, 2012 at 9:31 AM

Bishop on May 29, 2012 at 9:30 AM

What are some other reasons, besides you being a paranoid dimbulb?

MelonCollie on May 29, 2012 at 9:31 AM

beselfish on May 29, 2012 at 9:18 AM

I see. Its all about you and what you want.

Aren’t you special.

cozmo on May 29, 2012 at 9:34 AM

What are some other reasons, besides you being a paranoid dimbulb?

MelonCollie on May 29, 2012 at 9:31 AM

Zombies, mostly, and Cuban paratroopers.

Bishop on May 29, 2012 at 9:34 AM

What would Jessica think?

jukin3 on May 29, 2012 at 9:34 AM

…and keep a herd of big dogs.

Bishop on May 29, 2012 at 9:30 AM

A herd? Mine is a pack, and I am their leader.

cozmo on May 29, 2012 at 9:35 AM

Zombies, mostly, and Cuban paratroopers.

Bishop on May 29, 2012 at 9:34 AM

…please tell me you’re joking.

MelonCollie on May 29, 2012 at 9:36 AM

No wonder God is angry.

Naturally Curly on May 29, 2012 at 9:36 AM

swinia sutki on May 29, 2012 at 9:23 AM

Bishop on May 29, 2012 at 9:30 AM

Lost in Jersey on May 29, 2012 at 9:31 AM

Trolls? You guys are the Lib political hacks trying to distract attention from BO’s record. Ha!

beselfish on May 29, 2012 at 9:37 AM

Zombies, mostly, and Cuban paratroopers.

Bishop on May 29, 2012 at 9:34 AM

… and don’t forget turkey-jerky. yikes.

Lost in Jersey on May 29, 2012 at 9:38 AM

A herd? Mine is a pack, and I am their leader.

cozmo on May 29, 2012 at 9:35 AM

I have a couple that are part dog and part…dinosaur or something because they’re huge, I’m not sure. It doesn’t feel right calling them a pack.

Bishop on May 29, 2012 at 9:38 AM

Premeditated Parenthood?

steebo77 on May 29, 2012 at 9:38 AM

cozmo on May 29, 2012 at 9:34 AM

And I suppose indulging your own interest to ridicule me is less offensive?

beselfish on May 29, 2012 at 9:40 AM

…please tell me you’re joking.

MelonCollie on May 29, 2012 at 9:36 AM

What? Look around, the world is falling apart as we watch and it won’t be long until a foreign power invades. You would be smart to prepare because the door to my place will be shut tight.

Bishop on May 29, 2012 at 9:40 AM

beselfish on May 29, 2012 at 9:29 AM

So, you are telling us that if your child doesn’t live up to your expectations, whether those are physical or intellectual or even moral, you don’t love them anymore?

LibraryGryffon on May 29, 2012 at 9:40 AM

“We should hire three or four colored ministers, preferably with
social-service backgrounds, and with engaging personalities. The most successful educational approach to the [black person] is through a religious appeal. We don’t want the word to go out that we want to exterminate the Negro population, and the minister is the man who can straighten out that idea if it ever occurs to any of their more rebellious members.”

- Margaret Sanger, 1939

I had to modify this racist woman’s quote just to get it through moderation. Here are some other gems:

stout77 on May 29, 2012 at 9:41 AM

The spirit of Andrew Breitbart LIVES ! : )

listens2glenn on May 29, 2012 at 9:42 AM

Do not be overcome by evil but overcome evil with good. Romans 12:21………

crosshugger on May 29, 2012 at 9:42 AM

beselfish on May 29, 2012 at 9:40 AM

Mine is less offensive. It doesn’t include death.

Can you not comprehend the difference?

cozmo on May 29, 2012 at 9:42 AM

MelonCollie on May 29, 2012 at 9:36 AM

I should also mention that it is well known that secret government labs are working on methods and chemicals to control the populace, usually with little oversight. You think a “Rage Virus” is just movie imagination, but it’s not, it could happen tomorrow and then a sort of zombification of America would begin. Go ahead, laugh, but it’s closer than you think before we are all infected!

Bishop on May 29, 2012 at 9:44 AM

Change the facebook button to “Recommend”. I can’t bring myself to hit “Like”.

moc23 on May 29, 2012 at 9:45 AM

And hang up the religious mantra too- deal with REALITY!

beselfish on May 29, 2012 at 9:18 AM

How about the reality (is it more real if it’s all in caps?) that, according to the PP counselor in the video, “at five months it’s pretty much completely developed?” and that “a lot of doctors [who provide earlier-term abortions] will have ethical concerns with that.”

Those are not statements from the right-to-life people. Those are from the abortion provider herself.

notropis on May 29, 2012 at 9:46 AM

Bishop on May 29, 2012 at 9:44 AM

And you go and tell everybody. Geeze man, you’re makin’ it more difficult for those who are already prepared to take over once the reavers appear.

cozmo on May 29, 2012 at 9:46 AM

She clearly told this woman a very specific scenario that we are not hearing. She suggests concealing this choice from an undetermined “he.” Why is the conversation so redacted? And why is this the only one if this is a widespread practice in PP clinics?

libfreeordie on May 29, 2012 at 9:47 AM

Bishop on May 29, 2012 at 9:44 AM

Well, shoot, that was my idea for a novel.

The Rogue Tomato on May 29, 2012 at 9:48 AM

LibraryGryffon on May 29, 2012 at 9:40 AM

I am saying that love is conditional.

My conditions for my childs love is besides the point. Are there a set of conditions under which i could no longer love my child? yes.

My expectations of my child are not exactly the same as my conditions for love. Whether he is a Doctor or a store clerk I would love him the same but if he is a fraud or a cheat I could not. would it break my heart, of course. But that’s not the issue.

beselfish on May 29, 2012 at 9:48 AM

cozmo on May 29, 2012 at 9:46 AM

I’m just trying to help the girl out. She called me a dimbulb yet I’m the one with a year’s worth of brown rice stockpiled and hidden under the floor of the shed, and she is the one who hasn’t prepared.

Who is the dimbulb now, huh? Exactly.

Bishop on May 29, 2012 at 9:49 AM

libfreeordie on May 29, 2012 at 9:47 AM

That’s a stretch, even for you.

cozmo on May 29, 2012 at 9:50 AM

And why is this the only one if this is a widespread practice in PP clinics?

libfreeordie on May 29, 2012 at 9:47 AM

Hey! Einstein!

The War on Baby Girls: Part 1 – Undercover in Texas

Flora Duh on May 29, 2012 at 9:50 AM

That’ll go right to your hips you know.

libfreeordie on May 29, 2012 at 9:50 AM

I’m just trying to help the girl out.

Bishop on May 29, 2012 at 9:49 AM

Its your call, but I would have demanded an 8×10 glossy first. And reasons why she is worthy of inclusion into my harem after the apocalypse.

cozmo on May 29, 2012 at 9:52 AM

libfreeordie on May 29, 2012 at 9:47 AM

Because first we want to get everyone on record as saying this is an “isolated incident”. It’s much more fun to watch them squirm when another video is released a few days later.

stout77 on May 29, 2012 at 9:52 AM

Are there a set of conditions under which i could no longer love my child? yes.

beselfish on May 29, 2012 at 9:48 AM

Flora Duh on May 29, 2012 at 9:52 AM

Mine is less offensive. It doesn’t include death.

Can you not comprehend the difference?

cozmo on May 29, 2012 at 9:42 AM

What are you talking about? Focusing on ones own interests isn’t about death. What you smokin’ jack? You goofin’ on yourself now?

beselfish on May 29, 2012 at 9:53 AM

When are they going to release the full tape to prove the whole thing was made up highly edited “videoshopping”?

lester on May 29, 2012 at 9:53 AM

lester on May 29, 2012 at 9:53 AM

What will your argument change to if it’s not?

stout77 on May 29, 2012 at 9:56 AM

beselfish on May 29, 2012 at 9:18 AM

There’s more reality in God than in the entire Universe. But you’re allowed to continue evading that reality, and God will protect your right to do that.

Meanwhile, us evangelicals (and others) are allowed to continue campaigning for the formal, official, government RECOGNITION of unborn fetuses as “ACTUAL individuals”.

listens2glenn on May 29, 2012 at 9:57 AM

Flora Duh on May 29, 2012 at 9:52 AM

you guys really are not different than the spin doctors you complain about.

I was referring specifically to the question asked of me which clearly was inclusive of the entire life of my child not just when he is 3. sheesh!

beselfish on May 29, 2012 at 9:57 AM

Mine is less offensive. It doesn’t include death.

Can you not comprehend the difference?

cozmo on May 29, 2012 at 9:42 AM

beselfish on May 29, 2012 at 9:53 AM

You must be goofy on yourself now.

beselfish on May 29, 2012 at 9:18 AM

Abort that baby because its not what you really wanted.

What’s next? You demanding an ace right handed pitcher for a child?

Yep, its all about what you want and kill off what is unacceptable.

cozmo on May 29, 2012 at 9:58 AM

Stuff like this makes my skin crawl.

blatantblue on May 29, 2012 at 9:59 AM

stout77 on May 29, 2012 at 9:52 AM

Its just a shame that this enormous amount of resources are being devoted to “sting” operations instead of, for example, feeding kids who are actually alive. Especially considering the stats on childhood hunger in this nation. Girls who are well fed in childhood, who see that single, poor parents aren’t abandoned by society might be much more likely to not get an abortion. There seem to be a myriad of ways to prevent abortion outside of trying to make moderate voters hate abortion providers. None of it feels like a Christ-like approach to a perceived sin.

libfreeordie on May 29, 2012 at 10:00 AM

There’s more reality in God than in the entire Universe
listens2glenn on May 29, 2012 at 9:57 AM

Saying it’s real does not make it so. You say that to the Lib socialists all the time, remember? You have to SHOW that it is so.

beselfish on May 29, 2012 at 10:01 AM

Lubbock has TWO Murder Inc.’s The smaller one is the murder mill. They do their deeds on Wednesday and Thursday. Babies put a ramp in the party plans of the Tech Girls.
*Glares VERY darkly*

annoyinglittletwerp on May 29, 2012 at 10:02 AM

libfreeordie on May 29, 2012 at 10:00 AM

I’m not Christian-I’m Jewish-but I know that a dead baby(killed in the womb) can’t be hungry. PP is ALL about dead babies.

annoyinglittletwerp on May 29, 2012 at 10:04 AM

libfreeordie on May 29, 2012 at 9:47 AM

From watching the tape, it was obvious to me that the person they were talking about concealing the choice from was the OB/Gyn who would be doing the ultrasound, since, as the counselor says, many who are OK with early abortions, have ethical problems with ones at the point where they can tell the baby’s sex.

LibraryGryffon on May 29, 2012 at 10:04 AM

My favorite type of lib is the feminist/environmentalist.

“We need to be one with nature and embrace our role in it. Now pass the chemical abortifacient.”

stout77 on May 29, 2012 at 10:04 AM

I am saying that love is conditional.

beselfish on May 29, 2012 at 9:48 AM

Okay, so you’re not a Christian Believer.

listens2glenn on May 29, 2012 at 10:05 AM