Quotes of the day

posted at 8:01 pm on May 28, 2012 by Allahpundit

The 2004 version of Barack Obama, who captured the nation with a dazzling speech about unity and went on to win the presidency on a message of hope, died on Monday. He was 8 years old…

Obama’s illness got the best of him late Monday, as he announced that his campaign for four more years in the White House would be based not on optimism, but rather the shady corporate record of his opponent, Mitt Romney, who ran a private-equity firm that few Americans knew about before this year…

Obama’s admission was in some ways the completion of a metamorphosis that began even during the 2008 campaign, as it became likely that he would be elected. After promising to throw out so-called politics as usual, Obama broke his first promise by rejecting public funding for his campaign because he could raise millions more on his own. He also ran negative ads against his opponent, John McCain, in that race, too…

Obama is survived by a president who will spend most of the next six months on the stump, railing against his Republican opponent as he tries to retain political power. A memorial service will be held at a fundraiser today in Colorado. In lieu of flowers, donations are being accepted at the Priorities USA Action super PAC.

***

Frank explained: “Everybody has sadistic impulses, and usually they come out when people are feeling cornered. Bush had no filters on his sadism. He just attacked. Obama processes his sadism to the point where he gets somewhat more acceptable. It’s actually mocking a person, like Romney, but it’s also mocking his ideas … The eye-rolling is something his mother did. It’s a way of putting someone else down without ever being directly confrontational.”

Increasingly in the past few weeks, especially since Obama formally declared his candidacy for reelection and the former Massachusetts governor has begun pulling even with him in public opinion surveys, the president is embracing full-frontal combat. Frank theorized that Obama is simply “annoyed,” much like Jon Lovitz’s Dukakis, that a man he considers his political inferior is suddenly in a position to beat him. “He has an edge to him, and the edge comes out when he’s feeling pressed,” Frank said.

***

While reveling in these fights, the president has not done nearly as much to explain what he would do in a second term, particularly to accelerate the still-sluggish economic recovery. Unless he fills in that picture more effectively, these wedge issues might not hold his key supporters, much less prevent further erosion among the groups, such as blue-collar and older whites, who resisted him even in 2008. Put simply, Obama may not win another term unless he provides Americans a better idea of what he would do with it…

Obama has engaged GOP rival Mitt Romney over the economy, but primarily at the level of philosophy and biography. Usually Republican presidential candidates stress broad ideological arguments about Washington’s economic role while Democrats tout individual programs. So far, Romney and Obama have reversed roles. Even without clarifying every detail, Romney has identified an ambitious list of programmatic goals, particularly cutting taxes, imposing a constitutional limit on federal spending, and converting Medicare into a premium-support, or voucher, system…

The economy’s trajectory will probably shape the November result more than all of these skirmishes will. Yet the central challenge for every president seeking reelection is to convince Americans that he will improve their lives in a second term. And, today, frets one senior Democrat close to the White House, “voters don’t have a sense of what Obama would do to make the economy stronger.” The wedge issues, and the doubts Obama is raising about Romney, are helping the president retain some voters who might be tempted to abandon him. But Obama would be playing with fire to wager that he can hold enough of those voters without providing them a more compelling — and specific — plan to improve their lives than he has offered so far.

***

The president has tried to distract from America’s economic misery by playing up the so-called culture war. Earlier in the year he decided that he would force Catholic employers to provide contraception to their employees through their insurance plans, and he followed that swipe at social traditionalism by endorsing gay marriage. This embrace of Sixties liberalism has backfired. While contraception and gay marriage often receive popular support in national polls, Americans are far more conservative in the voting booth…

In 1980, Democratic president Jimmy Carter faced an uphill struggle for re-election. Yet, despite an index of inflation and unemployment far higher than Obama’s, he was actually doing slightly better in the polls. In March of that year, Carter led his Republican opponent, Ronald Reagan, by around 25 per cent. By May, Gallup gave him a lead of 49 to 41 per cent – higher than Obama’s today. Carter’s advantage evaporated in the months that followed, but he regained ground in October and by the last week he was running even.

None the less, Carter eventually suffered a landslide defeat. The scale of his humiliation was hidden by the fact that people were unwilling to commit themselves to the conservative Ronald Reagan until the very last minute. It was only when they went into the polling booth and weighed up all the hurt and humiliation of the past four years that they cast their vote against the president. It looks like Barack Obama will be the Jimmy Carter of 2012.

***

Thus, to a very real degree, 2008’s candidate of hope stands poised to become 2012’s candidate of fear. For many Democrats, this is just fine and dandy, for they believe that in the Romney-Republican agenda there is plenty to be scared of. For others in the party in both politics and business, however, the new Obama posture is cause for concern. From the gay-­marriage decision to the onslaught on Bain, they see the president and his team as coming across as too divisive, too conventional, and too nakedly political, putting at risk Obama’s greatest asset—his likability—with the voters in the middle of the electorate who will ultimately decide his fate.

Whichever side is right, one thing is undeniable. For anyone still starry-eyed about Obama, the months ahead will provide a bracing revelation about what he truly is: not a savior, not a saint, not a man above the fray, but a brass-knuckled, pipe-hitting, red-in-tooth-and-claw brawler determined to do what is necessary to stay in power—in other words, a politician…

Nothing could more garishly illustrate a bedrock truth about the campaign that lies before us: It will bear about as much resemblance to 2008 as Romney does to Nicki Minaj. In the campaign prior, any mention of Wright caused a collective coronary in Chicago; this time, it provokes high-fives. In the campaign prior, Team Obama boldly bid to expand the map; this time, it is playing defense. In the campaign prior, the candidate himself sought support from the widest possible universe of voters; this time, instead of trying to broaden his coalition, he is laboring to deepen it. Indeed, 2012 is shaping up to be an election that looks more like 2004 than 2008: a race propelled by the mobilization of party fundamentalists rather than the courtship of the center.

If Obama wins a second term this way, the implications for governing could prove salutary—or god-awful. The president, energized by the prospect of a debate about “big things,” purports to take the optimistic view. “I think the general election will be as sharp a contrast between the two parties as we’ve seen in a generation,” Obama told Rolling Stone. “My hope is that if the American people send a message to [the GOP] … there’s going to be some self-reflection going on—that it might break the fever.” And, hey, who knows, crazier things have happened. Likelier, though, is that an incessantly negative, base-driven election will yield an uglier outcome. More polarization. More acrimony. More gridlock. (Yippee!)

***

Via Newsbusters.

***

Via the Daily Caller.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

I don’t think anything touches the Big Easy…

John the Libertarian on May 28, 2012 at 10:29 PM

I dunno about that. I’m from Louisiana and certainly agree that Nawlins is corrupt, but I think the political corruption in Louisiana has long passed its apex.

Meanwhile, Chicago keeps rolling along…

Louisiana had its Bourbons, New York Tammany and Tweed, and Chicago, well, new era, same old same old.

Logus on May 28, 2012 at 10:45 PM

It’ll piss Obama off to the point where he might just explode.

The War Planner on May 28, 2012 at 10:44 PM

I could live with that…

OmahaConservative on May 28, 2012 at 10:47 PM

Meanwhile, Chicago keeps rolling along…

Logus on May 28, 2012 at 10:45 PM

I used to live behind the mother of the LA crime baws. Everyone had their street number and family name prominently displayed on their curb and mailbox…

tom daschle concerned on May 28, 2012 at 10:48 PM

It’ll piss Obama off to the point where he might just explode.

The War Planner on May 28, 2012 at 10:44 PM

I could live with that…

OmahaConservative on May 28, 2012 at 10:47 PM

This is where Rmoney’s bullying experience will pay off against that skinny pr!ck.

Lanceman on May 28, 2012 at 10:49 PM

And that queer lisp gets on my last nerve.

Lanceman on May 28, 2012 at 10:13 PM

..then this will send you reeling off into space, Lanceman!.

(Sorry for the cheap, blog-whoring link.)

The War Planner on May 28, 2012 at 10:50 PM

One for you Navy guys: Bay Area Crowds See Battleship Iowa Off on Final Voyage

slickwillie2001 on May 28, 2012 at 9:20 PM

Very good. I was just reading about Iowa leaving last week for SoCal.

arnold ziffel on May 28, 2012 at 10:51 PM

Go check it out-starting @ about mid page 3…where I’m being asked who I’d support in a war between the US and Israel.

annoyinglittletwerp on May 28, 2012 at 8:47 PM

I just looked over there. You appear to have Ron Paul supporters, leftists like uppereastside, and the good Dr. Tesla all going after you, questioning your patriotism and loyalty.

You must be doing something right to have the forces of FAIL arrayed against you with such single-minded determination.

RINO in Name Only on May 28, 2012 at 10:52 PM

The people who voted for Mr. Obama and support him don’t want a head of state, they want a head party coordinator.

Because, it’s the end of the world, anyway…

Logus on May 28, 2012 at 10:40 PM

Yep. I was arguing (really, agreeing, with family earlier tonight that STUPID AMERICANS are really our biggest problem. (But, when you can vote to grant yourself the largesse of the labors of others…)

Sorry (for being a party pooper), but I think we’re goin’ down.

RedCrow on May 28, 2012 at 10:52 PM

The War Planner on May 28, 2012 at 10:50 PM

I don’t ever intentionally listen to that POS.

Lanceman on May 28, 2012 at 10:53 PM

RINO in Name Only on May 28, 2012 at 10:52 PM

Wait. You’re not like ProudRINO are you?

Lanceman on May 28, 2012 at 10:54 PM

When ABC pronounces a Democrat Incumbent “DEAD”….crap, those ARE pigs flying over the house, Duck!

Who is John Galt on May 28, 2012 at 10:55 PM

bazil9 on May 28, 2012 at 10:43 PM

I’m from/in Detroit.
You don’t need to worry, unless things get so bad that I need to invade the southern states. (In that case–look out!! Lol.)

(It was just wishful thinking on my part. :))

RedCrow on May 28, 2012 at 10:55 PM

Oh, he hits The Pipe… no doubt.

JohnGalt23 on May 28, 2012 at 10:56 PM

The War Planner on May 28, 2012 at 10:50 PM

I’ll check it out for myself when I’m not so smashed.
While I did not get any of Omaha’s watermelon, I did not sit around all day contemplating the world, either. (Or, maybe I did. Not sure.)

RedCrow on May 28, 2012 at 11:00 PM

RedCrow on May 28, 2012 at 10:55 PM

No problem Crow..I will trade you for many of a NY or Jersey Fl bird.
Let me negotiate. :)

Detroit? Whew,,fun for you huh?

bazil9 on May 28, 2012 at 11:00 PM

Wait. You’re not like ProudRINO are you?

Lanceman on May 28, 2012 at 10:54 PM

‘fraid not. I’m not a real RINO. I went to one of the RINO meetings and they saw right through me. I guess when Brooks started talking about Obama’s pants and I didn’t get visibly aroused like everyone else, that must have given it away.

RINO in Name Only on May 28, 2012 at 11:00 PM

Meanwhile, Chicago keeps rolling along…

Logus on May 28, 2012 at 10:45 PM

Good points. The Nagin-Blanco team was horrible. But you’ve got rockstar Jindal now, and I’m sure things have gotten better.

John the Libertarian on May 28, 2012 at 11:01 PM

I don’t ever intentionally listen to that POS.

Lanceman on May 28, 2012 at 10:53 PM

I agree..Unless we are playing a drinking game!!..:)

Dire Straits on May 28, 2012 at 11:01 PM

RINO in Name Only on May 28, 2012 at 11:00 PM

Too much information.

Fenris on May 28, 2012 at 11:02 PM

If he is afraid, maybe Obama’s two sons will protect him.

VorDaj on May 28, 2012 at 11:02 PM

RINO in Name Only on May 28, 2012 at 11:00 PM

LOL!
(Thanks.)

RedCrow on May 28, 2012 at 11:02 PM

Obama is sure to carry at least 7 of the 57 states.

VorDaj on May 28, 2012 at 11:03 PM

A man who was born in 2 hospitals in Hawaii and 1 in Kenya shouldn’t be afraid of anything.

VorDaj on May 28, 2012 at 11:04 PM

Because, it’s the end of the world, anyway…

Logus on May 28, 2012 at 10:40 PM

TFGP, I hear, gives a lot of head.

TXUS on May 28, 2012 at 11:05 PM

Oh, he hits The Pipe… no doubt.

JohnGalt23 on May 28, 2012 at 10:56 PM

:) but yes, the gloves are off and we see Zero revealed as the ugly all-politics Chicago Commie Thug that he is.

I thought he was waiting until re-elected to show the man behind the curtain, but he’s afraid he won’t win so the facade of reasonableness is being dropped and the bare knuckles are out.

Hint: if he’ll do this to get re-elected, what will he do in his second term?

Be afraid, be VERY afraid.

Who is John Galt on May 28, 2012 at 11:05 PM

Why can’t we just look the other way?
(Watch the vid–it’s cute and creepy at the same time!)

RedCrow on May 28, 2012 at 11:05 PM

OMG, there is Bob Kerrey, trying to win Judas Nelson’s seat…

OmahaConservative on May 28, 2012 at 11:09 PM

I agree..Unless we are playing a drinking game!!..:)

Dire Straits on May 28, 2012 at 11:01 PM

Um, no, you guys can listen. The sound of his vice makes me wanna retch.

Lanceman on May 28, 2012 at 11:12 PM

Obama loses in a landslide, worse than Carter’s, despite that all too important community organizer vote, which Carter didn’t even have.

TXUS on May 28, 2012 at 11:14 PM

I’m from/in Detroit.

(It was just wishful thinking on my part. :))

RedCrow on May 28, 2012 at 10:55 PM

…dude!…I’m by Brighton…it was too hot to run around here naked today!…I need to do a few thousand sit-ups first too though!…

KOOLAID2 on May 28, 2012 at 11:16 PM

RedCrow on May 28, 2012 at 11:05 PM

Confused me. Between the background “movie” and looking at the puppet, I couldn’t focus/hear anything but jibberish that was being “sung”.

Logus on May 28, 2012 at 11:16 PM

OMG, there is Bob Kerrey, trying to win Judas Nelson’s seat…

OmahaConservative on May 28, 2012 at 11:09 PM

Kerrey is not polling well!!..You think we can flip this one??..:)

Dire Straits on May 28, 2012 at 11:18 PM

Lanceman on May 28, 2012 at 11:12 PM

LoLz..I hear you!!..:)

Dire Straits on May 28, 2012 at 11:19 PM

Kerrey is not polling well!!..You think we can flip this one??..:)

Dire Straits on May 28, 2012 at 11:18 PM

I sure hope so. We hate carpetbaggers here in Nebraska…

OmahaConservative on May 28, 2012 at 11:22 PM

VorDaj on May 28, 2012 at 11:04 PM

LOL

Actually, it may be 2 Kenyan hospitals.

Obama is Born Again? Two Kenyan Hospitals Provide BC’s! Updated

Dr. ZhivBlago on May 28, 2012 at 11:23 PM

Obama Has a Mean Streak

I swear the sun set in the West tonight.

Plus, is your H2O wet?

Schadenfreude on May 28, 2012 at 11:25 PM

I sure hope so. We hate carpetbaggers here in Nebraska…

OmahaConservative on May 28, 2012 at 11:22 PM

Good deal!!..:)

Dire Straits on May 28, 2012 at 11:27 PM

LOL

Actually, it may be 2 Kenyan hospitals.

Obama is Born Again? Two Kenyan Hospitals Provide BC’s! Updated

Dr. ZhivBlago on May 28, 2012 at 11:23 PM

Who says that Obama doesn’t create jobs? See the birth certificate industry.

Now, if only he’d create some in the trascript sector.

Schadenfreude on May 28, 2012 at 11:27 PM

Is It Within Bounds To Ask: Is Obama A Socialist?

Resist We Much on May 28, 2012 at 11:05 PM

Of course it’s okay. It is, however, a rhetorical question.

Basilsbest on May 28, 2012 at 11:28 PM

… My quip was only reflecting my belief of the vast percentage of people that were swayed by the media to vote for Obowma the first time, only to have the taste of ash in their mouth at the results of his policies.

But in fear of being called a “racist“, they live their lives seemingly unchanged to their Democrat neighbors in silence, and are counting the days to be able to vote their concience…

Seven Percent Solution on May 28, 2012 at 9:12 PM

You could have a point for this election, although I think the racist angle is getting pretty battle worn and no longer has the sharp edge it once held. Because of that, I’m not sure how much people are holding back on their true feelings any more.

AZfederalist on May 28, 2012 at 11:34 PM

just as we all all knew. obama is willing to get his hands dirty. no surrogates just him. kill or be killed.
if only romney was half the man obama is.
sadly, mitt blew his wad against the conservative candidates and he’s out of ammo

buenas noches amigos. it’ll be nice knowing the death panels will be instituted by mitt, instead of that nasty marxist obama.

my last thought will be…shoulda answered the door.

renalin on May 28, 2012 at 11:36 PM

Who says that Obama doesn’t create jobs? See the birth certificate industry.

Now, if only he’d create some in the trascript sector.

Schadenfreude on May 28, 2012 at 11:27 PM

Yeah, maybe he can land a job as Yahoo CEO when this POTUS gig is over.

Dr. ZhivBlago on May 28, 2012 at 11:37 PM

Obama is a phony..

I deal in absolutes..

Electrongod on May 28, 2012 at 11:40 PM

if only romney was half the man obama is.
renalin on May 28, 2012 at 11:36 PM

O_O..

Dire Straits on May 28, 2012 at 11:44 PM

Obama has to be the least introspective President in my lifetime. I suppose that is a common trait among narcissists, but it is still disturbing. All glory must go to BHO and no blame can ever descend upon him.

For all the talking heads that drool over his supposed intelligence and wisdom, I find him to be the shallowest of souls.

4Grace on May 28, 2012 at 11:51 PM

4Grace on May 28, 2012 at 11:51 PM

Hear!..Hear!..:)

Dire Straits on May 28, 2012 at 11:53 PM

Dire Straits on May 28, 2012 at 11:53 PM

How are you tonight, Dire?

4Grace on May 28, 2012 at 11:56 PM

4Grace on May 28, 2012 at 11:56 PM

I am good!!..Did you have a good holiday???

Dire Straits on May 29, 2012 at 12:00 AM

Who says that Obama doesn’t create jobs? See the birth certificate industry.

Now, if only he’d create some in the trascript sector.

Schadenfreude on May 28, 2012 at 11:27 PM

As it turns out, the Associated Press has a birth certificate investigation unit. Who knew?

According to records obtained by the Associated Press, Loretta Lynn was born in 1932, not 1935 as she has long claimed…

slickwillie2001 on May 29, 2012 at 12:01 AM

I am good!!..Did you have a good holiday???

Dire Straits on May 29, 2012 at 12:00 AM

I actually did. Most of the family are out of town, so it was a quiet weekend here. Sometimes, that’s a good thing. ;)

4Grace on May 29, 2012 at 12:02 AM

slickwillie2001 on May 29, 2012 at 12:01 AM

Haha. Good find. That, of course, would explain why they haven’t had time to devote to dear leader. Loretta is big.

4Grace on May 29, 2012 at 12:04 AM

slickwillie2001 on May 29, 2012 at 12:01 AM

That’s funny. They can find Loretta Lynn’s BC, Bush’s transcripts and National Guard Records, but Obama’s real Birth Certificate or college transcripts? Not a thing.

AZfederalist on May 29, 2012 at 12:08 AM

4Grace on May 29, 2012 at 12:02 AM

Heh!..I know what you mean!!..:)

Dire Straits on May 29, 2012 at 12:08 AM

Seen the latest from the fascist apparatchiks at the EPA?

EPA fines energy companies for failing to produce magical biofuel that has yet to be invented…

Just another hidden tax that adds to the price of energy.

slickwillie2001 on May 29, 2012 at 12:09 AM

So, did everyone else pass out from eating too much spiked watermelon?

4Grace on May 29, 2012 at 12:10 AM

AZfederalist on May 29, 2012 at 12:08 AM

I am with John the Libertarian..Obie’s college transcript suprise is not his grades but what courses he took!!..:)

Dire Straits on May 29, 2012 at 12:10 AM

So, did everyone else pass out from eating too much spiked watermelon?

4Grace on May 29, 2012 at 12:10 AM

Seems like we have lost a few..That Bacardi 151 will do that!!..:)

Dire Straits on May 29, 2012 at 12:12 AM

Dire Straits on May 29, 2012 at 12:10 AM

…and who paid the tuition for a foreign student?

KOOLAID2 on May 29, 2012 at 12:13 AM

AZfederalist on May 29, 2012 at 12:08 AM

Has any other prez that you know of had their entire life sealed as BO has done? (Actually, I don’t think BO had it done. His minders took care of it, IMHO.)

4Grace on May 29, 2012 at 12:14 AM

Still here-for now.
Texas primary is TOMORROW. Go Cruz!

annoyinglittletwerp on May 29, 2012 at 12:14 AM

If Bob schieffer can be disillusioned enough to ask where all the hope and change has gone, who’s next? Pete Seeger?

Where has all the ho-ope gone?
Obama’s dashed them every one
When will they ever learn?

Where has all the change gone?
Into pockets all of it
When will they ever learn?

Where have all the dogs gone?

Fenris on May 29, 2012 at 12:16 AM

Dire Straits on May 29, 2012 at 12:10 AM

…and who paid the tuition for a foreign student?

KOOLAID2 on May 29, 2012 at 12:13 AM

I’m interested in how he evaded SATs, and LSATs. He must not have taken them at all, because that would have busted the con. I wonder if the foreign-student status was the way he did it.

slickwillie2001 on May 29, 2012 at 12:17 AM

…and who paid the tuition for a foreign student?

KOOLAID2 on May 29, 2012 at 12:13 AM

THAT’S what I want to see.

4Grace on May 29, 2012 at 12:18 AM

Still here-for now.
Texas primary is TOMORROW. Go Cruz!

annoyinglittletwerp on May 29, 2012 at 12:14 AM

…you good?

KOOLAID2 on May 29, 2012 at 12:20 AM

Still here-for now.
Texas primary is TOMORROW. Go Cruz!

annoyinglittletwerp on May 29, 2012 at 12:14 AM

Hey, ALT. I voted Cruz in early voting. I’ll be at work tomorrow evening, so won’t get to see returns until later tomorrow. :(

4Grace on May 29, 2012 at 12:20 AM

4Grace on May 29, 2012 at 12:14 AM

The maddening thing here is that those records could only have been sealed after Jugears was inaugurated. During the primary and elections, the press was willfully negligent investigating his past. At the same time, they had reporters parachuted in to all regions of Alaska where Sarah Palin had ever even looked, let alone been, in order to dig up whatever dirt they could. They went to Idaho and got pictures of here as a young coed. Obama? They couldn’t be bothered.

/frickin’ yellow journalists

AZfederalist on May 29, 2012 at 12:20 AM

KOOLAID2 on May 29, 2012 at 12:20 AM

Better.

annoyinglittletwerp on May 29, 2012 at 12:20 AM

slickwillie2001 on May 29, 2012 at 12:17 AM

Photo ID was not required to take the tests back then.

Just sayin’

AZfederalist on May 29, 2012 at 12:21 AM

Where have all the dogs gone?

Fenris on May 29, 2012 at 12:16 AM

ROFL

4Grace on May 29, 2012 at 12:21 AM

4Grace on May 29, 2012 at 12:20 AM

We voted early too.
We should thank the Feds for actually allowing us to have a primary.

annoyinglittletwerp on May 29, 2012 at 12:22 AM

annoyinglittletwerp on May 29, 2012 at 12:14 AM

Hello alt..A lot of folks seem to be breaking for Cruz..It is going to be close!!..:)

Dire Straits on May 29, 2012 at 12:23 AM

Dire Straits on May 29, 2012 at 12:23 AM

Yes, I just hope it is enough. I feel reasonably confident Cruz can force a runoff. An outright win would send me over the moon, but I don’t think enough people have been schooled about Dewhurst…yet.

4Grace on May 29, 2012 at 12:27 AM

4Grace on May 29, 2012 at 12:21 AM

Thanks for that, usually I only amuse myself.

We should thank the Feds for actually allowing us to have a primary.

annoyinglittletwerp on May 29, 2012 at 12:22 AM

The sarcasm may be a little to subtle. Somebody whose initials are BHO might think it’s a good idea.

Fenris on May 29, 2012 at 12:32 AM

4Grace on May 29, 2012 at 12:27 AM

But I think some folks are “torn” with their decision..But I think there will be a runoff !!..:)

Dire Straits on May 29, 2012 at 12:34 AM

slickwillie2001 on May 29, 2012 at 12:17 AM

Photo ID was not required to take the tests back then.

Just sayin’

AZfederalist on May 29, 2012 at 12:21 AM

If he hired a ringer though, I assume he would have hired a good one and got good scores. If they were good, we would know about them. If he wrote his own SATs, he would not have been admitted to Occidental or Columbia. Thus my logical conclusion that they don’t exist.

slickwillie2001 on May 29, 2012 at 12:34 AM

THAT’S what I want to see.

4Grace on May 29, 2012 at 12:18 AM

..finding ‘affirmative action’ students to fill colleges was BIG at that time…like finding native Americans was a while ago…tution…room board and books…not like today.
Had a neighbor whose grandmother was from a local tribe who only had to worry about spending money at U of M, and one of my better friends who is JugEars age, (and happens to be black)…went to school out in Iowa…(good student-not athletic)’recruited’ to make up a % number of the student body.

KOOLAID2 on May 29, 2012 at 12:35 AM

KOOLAID2 on May 29, 2012 at 12:35 AM

I believe it. I worked at a couple of universities (non-faculty). I did see that in action.

Back to slickwillie’s point, how does anyone get into law school without taking their LSAT? I was not aware of any exceptions to that requirement, even for “foreign” students.

4Grace on May 29, 2012 at 12:42 AM

4Grace on May 29, 2012 at 12:20 AM

Rumor has it that some Lubbock Dems-all 10 of them-have taken ‘R’ ballots so they can vote for Jones over Perry in the state rep. race.
Jones is the former rep(gop) who lost to Perry(GOP) 2 years ago. Jones campaign issues are: Perry hates education and teachers and that Perry’s a crony capitalist who’s owned by the bankers. Since the primary is essentially the general for this race-the dims have motivation to play shenanigans. I wonder if said games will spill into other races…like US senate. Ronulan will win Lubbock county…because people are idiots and because of the muzzies.

annoyinglittletwerp on May 29, 2012 at 12:44 AM

annoyinglittletwerp on May 29, 2012 at 12:44 AM

Was not aware of that. I certainly hope it does NOT spill over into the other races.

4Grace on May 29, 2012 at 12:49 AM

4Grace on May 29, 2012 at 12:42 AM

…doubt it happened…but like A Z said…you could pay other kids to take tests at that time…Heck, I had a friend do that…the guy had a business!

KOOLAID2 on May 29, 2012 at 12:51 AM

Alt. I went over and read that thread. The iwasbornwithit commenter is a Paulbot here in Missouri. They disrupted the Mo caucus and it had to be shut down without assigning delegates.

If he’s typical of these Paulbots, he’s an a$$. These people will be eventually run out of the Republican party if Rand Paul ever wants to achieve anything.

Vince on May 29, 2012 at 12:52 AM

4Grace on May 29, 2012 at 12:49 AM

You have to sign a party affirmation thing-but you know how that works.

annoyinglittletwerp on May 29, 2012 at 12:53 AM

KOOLAID2 on May 29, 2012 at 12:51 AM

See? This is why I could never be a criminal mastermind. Even these simple deceptions never occurred to me. Shoot, I took my entrance exam on 2 hours of sleep, and with a raging hangover. Lolz

4Grace on May 29, 2012 at 12:55 AM

Vince on May 29, 2012 at 12:52 AM

Ah. Explains a lot. He had me close to tears earlier. Byw: Is Jim Lemke still in the MO senate? He was my state rep when I lived in Lemay.

annoyinglittletwerp on May 29, 2012 at 12:57 AM

Vince on May 29, 2012 at 12:52 AM

I think that is the key, Vince. I truly believe that Daddy Ron wants to set things up for his son. I’m just not convinced that Ron’s followers will go along with the plan.

4Grace on May 29, 2012 at 12:59 AM

Vince on May 29, 2012 at 12:52 AM

annoyinglittletwerp on May 29, 2012 at 12:57 AM

Yes he is. He was a Rep then won the Senate seat in district 9. Did you know he was born in Chicago? How close did you live to River des Peres and were you in their yacht club. (inside joke)

Vince on May 29, 2012 at 1:03 AM

Lloyd Grove

‘He has an edge to him, and the edge comes out when he’s feeling pressed.’

“that’s like this pocket of nastiness.”

Ya think?

Bmore on May 29, 2012 at 1:04 AM

Vince on May 29, 2012 at 1:03 AM

whoops! I meant the first district.

Vince on May 29, 2012 at 1:05 AM

Bmore on May 29, 2012 at 1:04 AM

Hiya, Bmore.

4Grace on May 29, 2012 at 1:07 AM

Vince on May 29, 2012 at 1:05 AM

We used to know him. His son is Spawn’s age.

annoyinglittletwerp on May 29, 2012 at 1:07 AM

Call me naive. I am shocked that BO polls 45+ this election. It shouldn’t even be close! Now, 15-20% is a given. Anything higher than that is just scary.

4Grace on May 29, 2012 at 1:13 AM

4Grace on May 29, 2012 at 1:13 AM

I think Team Obie’s internal polls are bad!!..

Dire Straits on May 29, 2012 at 1:17 AM

I think Team Obie’s internal polls are bad!!..

Dire Straits on May 29, 2012 at 1:17 AM

Agreed. That’s why he will be visiting Ohio, Pennsylvania, Virginia, Colorado and Nevada (along with a couple of others) twice per week over the next few months. He’ll just let Valerie J. and Moochelle handle WH business.

4Grace on May 29, 2012 at 1:23 AM

Evening 4Grace. ; )

Bmore on May 29, 2012 at 1:23 AM

Does this mean the age of civility is over for Obowma?

Obowma can take your socialist values and go back to Russia or a college campus near you.

dthorny on May 29, 2012 at 1:24 AM

Its a chock-full-O-Nuts party in there. Blood on the floors, puke on the walls, excrement on the buffet and nutballs playing twister everywhere!

cozmo on May 28, 2012 at 9:57 PM

But, but…it was so much fun to crack a few nutballs…*pouts while moping up the mess…

lovingmyUSA on May 29, 2012 at 1:49 AM

4Grace on May 29, 2012 at 1:32 AM

That is a classic..Almost as good as this one..:)

PS..Love the b-3 organ!!..:)

Dire Straits on May 29, 2012 at 1:56 AM