Quotes of the day

posted at 8:01 pm on May 26, 2012 by Allahpundit

A forthcoming biography on President Obama is making headlines, with new details about the president smoking marijuana with his teenage friends in Hawaii…

While Obama’s term began with great promise for drug policy reformers, in the past two years it has been difficult to distin­guish Obama’s drug policies from those of his White House predecessors. Although President Obama has acknowledged that legalization is “an entirely legitimate topic for debate” — the first time a sitting president has made such a statement — his administra­tion has made a string of increasingly disappointing moves over the last year. Half of all U.S. drug arrests are for marijuana — more than 850,000 Americans were arrested for marijuana in 2010 alone, 88 percent for mere possession…

Roughly twice as many people are arrested for marijuana possession now as were arrested in the early 1980s, even though the number of people consuming marijuana is no greater now than then. If police had been as keen on making marijuana arrests back then, it’s quite possible that a young man named Barry Obama would have landed up with a criminal record — and even more likely that he would not have his current job.

***

Newark, N.J., Mayor Cory Booker took to Twitter on Wednesday, calling the government’s war on drugs a failure that unfairly targets the black population. His pointed criticism comes one day after New Jersey advanced a bill to decriminalize marijuana. If it passes, a person caught with 15 grams of pot or less would only face a $150 fine…

Booker extolled the benefits of addiction treatment over incarceration, saying the drug war was costing billions and destroying lives. He lamented the high percentage of blacks in New Jersey’s prisons, writing that they make up 60 percent of the jail population, despite being 15 percent of the state’s population.

***

Nick Gillespie asks the obvious libertarian question: Wait, hang on, this is the guy currently fighting the War on Drugs in full? Yes, but it’s worse than that. Maraniss includes this factoid about the late 1970s in the state with the postal code HI.

“The war on drugs had not yet started in earnest, and the Hawaii National Guard’s Operation Destroy in 1977, when troops went after marijuana crops in the island hills, barely made a dent in the supply.”

The young Barack Obama lived through a massive anti-drug police operation. It didn’t work, at all. You’d think he’d have noticed.

***

Of course, Obama has since disavowed this lifestyle, and it’s unlikely to factor politically. Asked by a voter in 2008 whether, unlike Bill Clinton, he had “inhaled,” Obama said he did: “It’s not something that I’m proud of. It was a mistake … But you know, I’m not going to. I never understood that line. The point was to inhale. That was the point.” In Dreams from My Father, Obama described that time in his life as the first stage of a serious and transformative identity crisis:

“Junkie. Pothead. That’s where I’d been headed: the final, fatal role of the young would-be black man. Except the highs hadn’t been about that, me trying to prove what a down brother I was. Not by then, anyway. I got high for just the opposite effect, something that could push questions of who I was out of my mind, something that could flatten out the landscape of my heart, blur the edges of my memory. I had discovered that it didn’t make any difference whether you smoked reefer in the white classmate’s sparkling new van, or in the dorm room of some brother you’d met down at the gym, or on the beach with a couple of Hawaiian kids who had dropped out of school and now spent most of their time looking for an excuse to brawl. Nobody asked you whether your father was a fat-cat executive who cheated on his wife or some laid-off joe who slapped you around whenever he bothered to come home. You might just be bored, or alone. Everybody was welcome into the club of disaffection. And if the high didn’t solve whatever it was that was getting you down, it could at least help you laugh at the world’s ongoing folly and see through all the hypocrisy and bullshit and cheap moralism …”

***

A solid majority of voters nationwide favor legalizing and regulating marijuana similar to the way alcohol and tobacco cigarettes are currently regulated. Most also don’t believe it should be a crime for people to smoke marijuana in the privacy of their own homes.

A new national telephone survey of Likely Voters shows that 56% favor legalizing and regulating marijuana in a similar manner to the way alcohol and tobacco cigarettes are regulated. Thirty-six percent (36%) are opposed to such a legalizing and regulating pot.

***

Despite California’s failure to pass Proposition 19 in 2010 – which would have legalized recreational use – some state may legalize marijuana soon, perhaps as early as this November, says Robert MacCoun, a professor at the University of California at Berkeley School of Law, who follows marijuana laws. That means it is time to consider shifting the debate from legalization to consideration of how it should be done, he adds…

[Dale Gieringer, state coordinator of California NORML] says the trend can be expected to continue, since younger voters are more favorable toward ending marijuana prohibition than older ones. “Politicians ought to take note of the changing political wind,” he says. “Marijuana legalization appears destined to become the next big social freedom issue after gay rights.”…

“Polling now consistently shows that more voters support legalizing and regulating marijuana than support continuing a failed prohibition approach,” says Neill Franklin, executive director of Law Enforcement Against Prohibition (LEAP). “If the trends in public opinion continue in the direction they are going, the day is not far away when supporting a prohibition system that causes so much crime, violence, and corruption is going to be seen as a serious political liability for those seeking support from younger and independent voters.”

***

On its own, stories like these about a young adult are actually kind of funny, even humanizing — like something straight out of a stoner comedy. But when you realize it’s about President Obama, it becomes a little less humurous.

Less humorous because President Obama has repeatedly laughed off and dismissed serious discussion about drug policy, like in that 2009 virtual town hall where the president mocked online voters for picking a question about marijuana legalization.

Less humorous because the president shuts down medical marijuana dispensaries with a frequency that would have made Richard Nixon stand up and cheer. He presides over a DOJ, IRS, and DEA that have threatened, audited, and shut down legal pot sellers in California, Colorado, Montana, and Washington. All this despite once promising to respect state laws regarding medical marijuana.

It’s high time that Obama confronts his past marijuana use and extends the right to get high as a kite to all other Americans.

***

Speaking only for myself, I’m fine with having a president who used to get blazed out of his mind. It’s just funny that the same people who are scrambling to defend him were, shall we say, somewhat less accepting of Bush’s youthful indiscretions.

***

***

***

Via Mediaite.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 6

Perfect picture of the Land’s Pimp.

Bishop

Schadenfreude on May 26, 2012 at 8:04 PM

What a Blow.

Electrongod on May 26, 2012 at 8:04 PM

It’s funny, I number the pages of my journal, and got to 420 today, and so thought of Obama.

420 (cannabis culture)
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

420, 4:20, or 4/20 (pronounced four-twenty) is primarily a term used in North America and refers to the consumption of cannabis and, by extension, a way to identify oneself with cannabis subculture

Paul-Cincy on May 26, 2012 at 8:07 PM

Bishop

Schadenfreude on May 26, 2012 at 8:04 PM

I am not Bishop..

But almost has fast :)

Electrongod on May 26, 2012 at 8:08 PM

Jim Treacher is always good.

Schadenfreude on May 26, 2012 at 8:08 PM

as fast…

Electrongod on May 26, 2012 at 8:08 PM

It’s 8:00 , WTF ?

Bmore on May 26, 2012 at 8:08 PM

It’s only seven O’Clock here…

OmahaConservative on May 26, 2012 at 8:09 PM

Perfect picture of the Land’s Pimp.

Bishop

Schadenfreude on May 26, 2012 at 8:04 PM

Nice job on the game. ; )

Bmore on May 26, 2012 at 8:10 PM

Speaking only for myself…
But the current Obama is still blazed out of his mind..

Electrongod on May 26, 2012 at 8:10 PM

It’s 8:00 , WTF ?

Bmore on May 26, 2012 at 8:08 PM

It’s only seven O’Clock here…

OmahaConservative on May 26, 2012 at 8:09 PM

It’s 6 here…

Electrongod on May 26, 2012 at 8:11 PM

What a Blow.

Electrongod on May 26, 2012 at 8:04 PM

What did Charles do this time.

RickB on May 26, 2012 at 8:12 PM

It’s 8:00 , WTF ?

Bmore on May 26, 2012 at 8:08 PM

AP’s busy sewing a dress for Meggie McCain.

It rubs the lotion on its skin. It does this whenever it’s told.

Paul-Cincy on May 26, 2012 at 8:13 PM

It’s 8:00 , WTF ?

Bmore on May 26, 2012 at 8:08 PM

Allah must have a hot date…

OmahaConservative on May 26, 2012 at 8:14 PM

With his more-than-experimental drug history he would be disqualified from most law enforcement jobs anywhere in the United States.

Commander. In. Chief.

rogerb on May 26, 2012 at 8:14 PM

Wow, AP posted an early and target-rich QOTD, didn’t he?

4Grace on May 26, 2012 at 8:16 PM

for 5 years-before we met-Spawn’s dad did dope. He refers to those years as the ‘missing’ years. My brother has been a dope-head for close to 20 years. Bro is an idiot-but without the drug-addled brain… he might’ve been less of a idiot…maybe.
even a ‘little’ dope can do damage. Count me in the anti-decriminalization camp.

annoyinglittletwerp on May 26, 2012 at 8:17 PM

I on the other hand think a president who got blazed all the time is pathetic. The man should get drug tested on a regular basis.

What can I say? I despise the fellow.

The first president I have truly despised.

I even miss President Clinton for crying out loud!

Choom on that, President smOke ring!

Sherman1864 on May 26, 2012 at 8:20 PM

Smoke and mirrors.

Literally and figuratively.

Shiny_Tiara on May 26, 2012 at 8:20 PM

I even miss President Clinton for crying out loud!

Choom on that, President smOke ring!

Sherman1864 on May 26, 2012 at 8:20 PM

The scoundrel didn’t inhale and scroomed Monica with a cigar.

Obama inhaled, might still inhale, and scrooms the entire land with his pen.

Schadenfreude on May 26, 2012 at 8:23 PM

…JugEars is still token it!
Recreation you know!

KOOLAID2 on May 26, 2012 at 8:24 PM

I myself am extremely conservative, and think being against the drug war is not leftist, if anything, it’s quite the opposite.

I’m starting to see that perhaps there are two types of Republicans. First, there is a kind of authoritarian urban establishment Republican that still favors the continuation of this lost immoral insane drug war, and second, there is a rural conservatives as well as libertarians that doesn’t think this is in any way the federal govt’s business to infringe on our lives.

The Authoritarian Republican, probably on board with getting Drones by the thousands spying on us, can come up with all sorts of arguments to justify the costly drug war ($100 billion a year ?), despite the fact (see Portugal evidence) that making drugs illegal has at best a marginal (minimal few percentage points) effect on usage. End the drug war induced police state.

A good trove of conservative arguments against the drug war: http://hotair.com/archives/2012/02/17/video-shep-smith-the-drug-war-is-lost/

anotherJoe on May 26, 2012 at 8:25 PM

Paul-Cincy on May 26, 2012 at 8:07 PM

If you have to explain it, it is no longer funny.

multiuseless on May 26, 2012 at 8:26 PM

Early for qotd, but whatever, it’s a holiday weekend. Drink UP!!

Smoke it if you got it too. I have no problem with the average citizen’s recreational use of pot or booze. Booze is worse in my opinion. I absolutely do have a problem with a socialist, communist, habitual liar that obama is being in office, and the total hypocrisy of his war on drugs while he was a huge user himself and you know damn well if he had been busted even for just the pot he wouldnt be potus.

Imagine that. You can get away with lying your ass off about what country you were born in, what communists and terrorists you hung out with, used, and supported, but if you have a pot bust on your ticket you won’t get anywhere. It needs to change.

Not for coke, heroin, or anything like that, but pot must be legalized. As far as the concern of laziness sucking the productivity out of the nation, we’re already there. Pot will not make it worse. Obama has bred the laziest bunch of entitlement queens in our history with his socialist crap. You want to fix a problem, fix that one by slashing entitlements to nil so only those absolutely needing it get it, and legalize weed.

Have a nice memorial day weekend, and remember to memorialize the ‘service’ of the cokehead in chief by setting aside a few moments to sit there and hate his damn guts. He deserves it.

Wolfmoon on May 26, 2012 at 8:27 PM

KOOLAID2 on May 26, 2012 at 8:24 PM

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, KOOLAID2!!

*clink*

4Grace on May 26, 2012 at 8:28 PM

Preezy Choom is scroomed.

Key West Reader on May 26, 2012 at 8:29 PM

Why is this? Is it due to racism, like Booker seems to be implying? I find it hard to believe that the cops, judges, and system are so racist that four times as many blacks go to jail percentage-wise even though they commit the same amount of crime. The answer must be more complex than that.

imasoulman on May 26, 2012 at 8:31 PM

You notice the lsm hasn’t invited this author to their shows

cmsinaz on May 26, 2012 at 8:32 PM

I’m not fine with a guy who could have been advancing himself and being productive who chose to dope himself up…The slacker almost certainly then had to lie his way into college, possibly on a foreign student scholarship. Drugs are an incredible waste of time…Young persons should be devoting their energies to advancing themselves in education, sports and otherwise productive enterprises…America has got a real problem with the “slacker” mentality already. Legalize this garbage and you’ll get more of the same. I’ve been to Amsterdam several times, not impressed with the results of their condoning a drug culture…

Nozzle on May 26, 2012 at 8:33 PM

Kool, is today really your B- day?

Bmore on May 26, 2012 at 8:39 PM

I grew up in the 1970s and never got high. Something about it being illegal. Anyone else think that way, or am I a complete social outcast?

Ted Torgerson on May 26, 2012 at 8:39 PM

Oh, yeah, Barry was a doper. And I’m sure he was a snorter, too. Big time.

And it appears he’s never outgrown it.

He still wants to be cool. He still wants to blend in with the whole anti-American leftist schtick of his good buddy (and ghost writer, and Annenberg-grant sugar-daddy, and political mentor) Bill Ayers. America is all so capitalist, and super-power militarist, and, worst of all, adamantly individualist — not giving a damn about classes or ancestry — caring only about personal freedom and petty self-interst.

And does anyone believe he ever gave up the Newports? I don’t think so.

minnesoter on May 26, 2012 at 8:40 PM

Per the Red Eye clip:

There are laws for presidents and laws for residents.

Mojave Mark on May 26, 2012 at 8:41 PM

Ted Torgerson on May 26, 2012 at 8:39 PM

Illegal???

For me it was an ass woopin’

Electrongod on May 26, 2012 at 8:42 PM

I still say he looks like Lamont Sanford in those pictures.

Big Orange on May 26, 2012 at 8:42 PM

And does anyone believe he ever gave up the Newports? I don’t think so.

minnesoter on May 26, 2012 at 8:40 PM

As much as I loathe 0bama and everything he stands for that is none of our business…

OmahaConservative on May 26, 2012 at 8:43 PM

If you have to explain it, it is no longer funny.

multiuseless on May 26, 2012 at 8:26 PM

But it was true. Look, I’m hear to teach. If people’s attention span is so short that …

Paul-Cincy on May 26, 2012 at 8:43 PM

Oh, yeah, Barry was a doper. And I’m sure he was a snorter, too. Big time.

minnesoter on May 26, 2012 at 8:40 PM

He’s a joker, he’s a smoker, he’s a midnight toker.

Paul-Cincy on May 26, 2012 at 8:46 PM

I think the way for the right to exploit this is to explain that he was a BOGART, not that he smoked weed. That will piss off the dope smokers AND the people who are against dope smokers!

cptacek on May 26, 2012 at 8:49 PM

Electrongod on May 26, 2012 at 8:42 PM

Well that too. But this whole discussion is weird to me. I don’t understand why people just ignore the fact that smoking marijuana was, and is, illegal. The left has destroyed the notion of obedience. Obedience used to be a virtue and now it is a vice.

Ted Torgerson on May 26, 2012 at 8:49 PM

Which numbnuts posted the QOTD at eight o freakin’ clock?

Lanceman on May 26, 2012 at 8:49 PM

Not for coke, heroin, or anything like that, but pot must be legalized…

Wolfmoon on May 26, 2012 at 8:27 PM

Ok, but then, the costly war continues, and up to the gills prisons continues, and the police state, continues. What about people make there own choices, education, and yes, rehab if necessarily like they have for alcohol? I think what is destroying some urban sectors is not the drugs, but the war on it.
A point, let’s say we legalized pot, then people would be saying things like “Ok, I’m for legalizing coke and heroin, but not crack or speed..” Eventually it’s all going to be legalized, because that’s imho what the arguments and evidence support. Why do it in steps? Look at Portugal.

anotherJoe on May 26, 2012 at 8:50 PM

Illegal???

For me it was an ass woopin’

Electrongod on May 26, 2012 at 8:42 PM

Yeah, me too.

That doesn’t mean I didn’t try it.

Anybody remember the Laredo cigarette rolling machine?

Push a milk straw through the filter and you get yourself a nice tight joint that kooks like a cigarette.* Really**

*Not that I would know how it worked out.

**I was more interested in the mechanics…really.

cozmo on May 26, 2012 at 8:52 PM

Which numbnuts posted the QOTD at eight o freakin’ clock?

Lanceman on May 26, 2012 at 8:49 PM

AP had a smoke-in to attend.

predator on May 26, 2012 at 8:52 PM

Happy.. B-day KOOLAID2
ya old fart…..hehe……
If ya got em smoke em

angrymike on May 26, 2012 at 8:53 PM

cptacek on May 26, 2012 at 8:49 PM

LOL. Who knows? It just might work.

4Grace on May 26, 2012 at 8:53 PM

Which numbnuts posted the QOTD at eight o freakin’ clock?

Lanceman on May 26, 2012 at 8:49 PM

The one that has a life.

I have a “tween”, therefore, no life.

What’s your excuse?

cozmo on May 26, 2012 at 8:54 PM

Ted Torgerson on May 26, 2012 at 8:49 PM

I understand what you are sayin’..

Electrongod on May 26, 2012 at 8:54 PM

Here. Just let’s get rid of this piece of sh!t. I wish it were possible just to lift this idiot right out of presidential history.

Lanceman on May 26, 2012 at 8:55 PM

Paul-Cincy on May 26, 2012 at 8:43 PM

Well. I learned something – I know absolutely nothing about the drug culture.

OldEnglish on May 26, 2012 at 8:56 PM

What’s your excuse?

cozmo on May 26, 2012 at 8:54 PM

Umm, it’s only eight o freakin’ clock? Duh!

Lanceman on May 26, 2012 at 8:56 PM

It’s very lucky that the jug-eared Kenyan dicator (and I don’t mean Moi) went through school when he just had to play the race card to be judged worthy enough of some of the affirmative action benefits. Obama boasts in his book that he spent the last two years of high school drunk and stoned out of any real accomplishment. Well, good luck if your kids decide to follow your path to academic success. We’ve become diverse enough a society we actually expect minorities to have some degree of academic promise and extracurricular involvement.

Happy Nomad on May 26, 2012 at 8:57 PM

Heck, I had a buddy who actually rolled cheech-@-chongs big bamboo paper……..
He’s still smoking …….

angrymike on May 26, 2012 at 8:58 PM

Which numbnuts posted the QOTD at eight o freakin’ clock?

Lanceman on May 26, 2012 at 8:49 PM

AP…
But he ain’t listenin’,
He’s out hitting the scene…
Lookin’ for some……
Meow

Electrongod on May 26, 2012 at 8:58 PM

Lanceman@8:56
Lmao……

angrymike on May 26, 2012 at 9:00 PM

white classmate’s sparkling new van

Hey, you know what? When I was a white kid in college, I had an old Rambler. It belched so much smoke I could only take it out at night so the cops wouldn’t ticket me.

And that was considered a hot ride by my white classmates.

PattyJ on May 26, 2012 at 9:02 PM

The next President is going to have to give the White House a new coat of paint…

Seven Percent Solution on May 26, 2012 at 9:03 PM

Everybody was welcome into the club of disaffection.

a breeding ground for terrorists and marxists.

that’s not hyperbole, that’s the truth.

ted c on May 26, 2012 at 9:03 PM

Happy Nomad
I know VERY intelligent ppl who’s parents couldn’t afford to send there kids to college, yet the drunk and stoned Kenyan gets a free ride because of his color, kinda makes me sick …..

angrymike on May 26, 2012 at 9:04 PM

anotherJoe on May 26, 2012 at 8:50 PM

Sorry but pot is a gateway drug no matter what the addicts claim. Ron Paul supporters make the same claim but that is probably being redundant.

And pro-addict people like you are really stupid about public policy issues when you claim that legalizing it all frees up all sorts of money for other purposes.

You’d put meth-addled addicts on the roads with my kids. I don’t care if your kids get killed by an addict since you support legalization but I do care about my own.

You’d essentially establish use of hard drugs as a legitimate part of our society. Even the most progressive countries do not do that. I can’t dumb that concept down enough to explain it in the short sentences you might understand.

Finally, you forget the fact that drug use is not a healthy lifestyle. If you think any money from the WOD would be around after the increased healthcare costs are factored in, I’m guessing you were on meth when you posted your stupid comments.

Happy Nomad on May 26, 2012 at 9:05 PM

Everybody was welcome into the club of disaffection.

What has he ever DONE with his life.

Paul-Cincy on May 26, 2012 at 9:07 PM

4Grace
Is it KOOLAID2′s b-day???????

angrymike on May 26, 2012 at 9:07 PM

And, Barry, when exactly did you leave that club? I don’t think you ever did, Choom Boy.

TXUS on May 26, 2012 at 9:07 PM

angrymike on May 26, 2012 at 9:04 PM

It makes you sick, it makes me angry. As much because he boasts about it than anything else. I hope some reporter has the testicular fortitude to pull the trigger and ask Obama about his kids using drugs. After all if he is going to spend the last two years of high school drunk and stoned, by what moral authority can he say his kids shouldn’t?

Happy Nomad on May 26, 2012 at 9:08 PM

Re: drug war:

If we’re honest, we’ve embraced it as a solid corner of our fed, state, and local financial foundations and neither our economy or our employment numbers can tolerate us solving the “problem”.

Think of all the law enforcement, judicial, social work, rehab, etc. departments and training across the country and their related/supporting university programs, courses, admin, IT, book-publishing, etc. supporting jobs that rely on it.

Unintended consequences at its finest.

rogerb on May 26, 2012 at 9:09 PM

The illegal aliens next door are having a fiesta and consuming a lot of cervecas and I can smell the mota from my front porch…

OmahaConservative on May 26, 2012 at 9:10 PM

4Grace
Is it KOOLAID2′s b-day???????

angrymike on May 26, 2012 at 9:07 PM

Unless he was joking…Last night RedCrow stated today is his b-day (@9:08). At 9:16, KOOLAID said it was his, too.

4Grace on May 26, 2012 at 9:12 PM

OmahaConservative on May 26, 2012 at 9:10 PM

Illegals? In OMAHA???

Lanceman on May 26, 2012 at 9:13 PM

Mitt never smoked, snorted or drank. THAT is cool!

BHO Jonestown on May 26, 2012 at 9:14 PM

And that was considered a hot ride by my white classmates.

PattyJ on May 26, 2012 at 9:02 PM

Two very important points PattyJ-

Obama was a junior and senior at his exclusive boarding school in Hawaii when his classmates had that new van. He brags about essentially being AWOL from his last two years of HIGH SCHOOL!

And secondly, I hear you. In college I was driving a 10-year-old Mercury Marquis station wagon complete with the fake wood panels along the sides. It was the last of the land cruisers. My classmates were very appreciative of how many people we could cram into the thing!

Happy Nomad on May 26, 2012 at 9:14 PM

OmahaConservative on May 26, 2012 at 9:10 PM

hay caramba. sensimillia?

renalin on May 26, 2012 at 9:15 PM

hay caramba. sensimillia?

renalin on May 26, 2012 at 9:15 PM

From the sweet smell of it, I’d take a hit or two…

OmahaConservative on May 26, 2012 at 9:16 PM

Ted Torgerson on May 26, 2012 at 8:39 PM

You are hardly alone.

Most of the people I associate with never used the junk. I was a programmer and few had used it. Perhaps you can not program after doing so /s.

The LDS church ask you not even drink or smoke or even drink coffee or tea. Very few active in it ever used weed.

I do think we should decriminalize it for people under 21 use and very small amount. But not Adults mostly because the brain is not fully developed till then.

Legalize it for Adults and many more would use it a very bad thing. Especially as drinking while stoned is much harder to prove.

Steveangell on May 26, 2012 at 9:18 PM

Mitt never smoked, snorted or drank. THAT is cool!

BHO Jonestown on May 26, 2012 at 9:14 PM

Nerd/ Family-oriented cool. Obama is trying to be urban hipster cool.

And don’t think that high school was the last time the jug-eared Kenyan smoked pot. I can easily see community activist smoking pot with allies during strategy meetings. I suspect this is one of those issues that he will have evolved on if we are so God damned stupid to give the commie bastard a second term.

Happy Nomad on May 26, 2012 at 9:19 PM

Heck, I had a buddy who actually rolled cheech-@-chongs big bamboo paper……..
He’s still smoking …….

angrymike on May 26, 2012 at 8:58 PM

Still have that album. The paper is missing tho.

Key West Reader on May 26, 2012 at 9:19 PM

The Amateur

Read it this afternoon. We at HA have heard it all before, but it’s highly entertaining to hear it summarized.

petefrt on May 26, 2012 at 9:19 PM

Ted Torgerson on May 26, 2012 at 8:39 PM

Nope. Drugs are stupid.

Lanceman on May 26, 2012 at 9:20 PM

Come on man…. He’s got a handicap to worry about!

PaCadle on May 26, 2012 at 9:23 PM

Steveangell on May 26, 2012 at 9:18 PM

That’s the de facto current policy. Despite the claims of the left and Ron Paul supporters, the money expended on the WOD is not going toward prosecuting minors in possession less than a certain amount.

And while on that idea, lets remember that every illegal alien here is not a hard pressed manual laborer. The Mexican drug cartels (the ones Eric Holder and the Department of Justice armed) have established very sophisticated distribution networks in every corner of the US with their agents hiding among the hotel maids and day laborers.

Happy Nomad on May 26, 2012 at 9:24 PM

Obams is gone. Romney/West 2012 ( Business and Ballocks) slogan

kenny on May 26, 2012 at 9:27 PM

Lanceman on May 26, 2012 at 9:20 PM

I spent 17 years addicted to diet pills and diuretics. They may be legal-but being addicted to them was every bit as ‘stupid’ as any other drug addiction.

annoyinglittletwerp on May 26, 2012 at 9:28 PM

…He lamented the high percentage of blacks in New Jersey’s prisons, writing that they make up 60 percent of the jail population, despite being 15 percent of the state’s population.

And it’s all whitey’s fault! /

It’s high time(s) that Obama confronts his past marijuana use…

Sorry, couldn’t resist.

Flora Duh on May 26, 2012 at 9:29 PM

From the sweet smell of it, I’d take a hit or two…

OmahaConservative on May 26, 2012 at 9:16 PM

in my nightmare, barry reaches over and bogarts the whole joint.

renalin on May 26, 2012 at 9:30 PM

Meaningless tripe.

If they make up 60% of the jail population and only 15% of the state’s population – that’s not an indictment of the legal system, you nitwit – it’s an indictment of that segment of the populace that only makes up 15% of the total yet commits 60% of the crime.

Here’s a thought – focus on getting minorities to commit less crime, and guess what – they’ll stop going to prison at disproportionate rates.

Midas on May 26, 2012 at 9:31 PM

I am a couple thousand miles away from the White House…

And I have a contact high..

Electrongod on May 26, 2012 at 9:32 PM

OmahaConservative on May 26, 2012 at 9:10 PM

Wow! My experience when living in Oxnard, California. The townhouse two doors down was just like mine- 3 bedroom around 1000sqft. They had no fewer than 15-20 young Mexican men living there (I’m guessing that they all were not on the lease). The tiny backyard was always noisy with some group of them smoking but the weekends were the worst. They had even more people over there and that damned mariachi music they blasted! I said something to the property manager but she wanted nothing to do with it. She was more intent on peeking under garage doors to look for violations (really).

Happy Nomad on May 26, 2012 at 9:33 PM

Ted Torgerson on May 26, 2012 at 8:39 PM

Same here; had friends that went the drug route – pot mostly, a few went on to cocaine and who knows what else (one got busted stealing from another friends house to in order to buy more cocaine). Never did any of it myself. ya know, it was illegal, seemed stupid, and had a visible impact on my friends’ behavior – and not a positive one. I didn’t want to have anything to do with it.

Midas on May 26, 2012 at 9:36 PM

annoyinglittletwerp on May 26, 2012 at 9:28 PM

Svengoolie in 23 mins.

Lanceman on May 26, 2012 at 9:37 PM

(Jake Tapper) Obama Campaign ‘Truth Team’ Conflates Smears with Criticisms, Citing Disputed Study

An email from the Obama campaign encapsulates the problem when political campaigns seize the language of fact checkers, muddying the waters.

In the note, sent later in the day today, Obama campaign deputy campaign manager Stephanie Cutter invites supporters to “report an attack” at the Truth Team report page.

“Received a robo-call or an email forward full of falsehoods?” the page asks. “Found a misleading leaflet in your mail? Tell us about it, and help fight back against the attacks on President Obama and his record.”

Flora Duh on May 26, 2012 at 9:38 PM

Is it any wonder why America is going to pot? A hardcore drug addict for President.

TonyR on May 26, 2012 at 9:38 PM

kenny on May 26, 2012 at 9:27 PM

“Business and Ballocks” Lolz

4Grace on May 26, 2012 at 9:41 PM

I don’t know whether to respond to Barry or Billy Ayers, but that’s such bull. It was precisely about proving what a “down brother” he was, and the idea he was headed for a “fatal” ending is just so much melodrama (something he and Michelle love to indulge in and propogate as part of their biographical myth-making). Why does he sound like a black preacher when he talks? It’s all about being a down brother. He didn’t learn that modulation in Hawaii, or in Los Angeles, or Columbia or Harvard Square.

More crapola. Everything, every single thing, about Barry has been about seeking to find out “who he was” and to navel gaze about it, not to “push those questions” away. As for “blurring the edges of his memory” what memories was he trying to blur exactly? His relationship with “Frank”?

I had discovered that it didn’t make any difference whether you smoked reefer in the white classmate’s sparkling new van, blah blah blah.

Yeah, yeah, yeah. Who called pot “reefer” in those days (other than, maybe, Billy Ayers)? That’s how poseurs talk who are trying to sound like ’50s Beat Generation hipster idols like Kerouack. I find it hard to believe kids like Barry growing up in a prep school environment in the ’70s used the word “reefer”.

Backatcha Barry.

Buy Danish on May 26, 2012 at 9:42 PM

anotherJoe on May 26, 2012 at 8:25 PM

Yeah, I thought most conservatives promoted Freedom and Liberty – does “conservative” now only mean Social Con?

I thought we were all on the “If it neither pick my pocket, nor break my leg, I care not” bandwagon.

I guess I’m only a Fiscal Con, otherwise I’m libertarian. Jeffersonian libertarian. As in “leave me the hell alone, Feds!”.

Like I told my college student son, “I don’t care what you do – just don’t do it to me and don’t try to pass it as law”.

Who is John Galt on May 26, 2012 at 9:42 PM

Svengoolie in 23 mins.

Lanceman on May 26, 2012 at 9:37 PM

Know what flick?

annoyinglittletwerp on May 26, 2012 at 9:43 PM

Actually, the fact that he was stoned and drunk out of his mind for the last two years of high school (at minimum) goes to explain away his moronic addle-brained behavior and positions – a bit, at least.

Midas on May 26, 2012 at 9:45 PM