A “policy of abundance”

posted at 12:31 pm on May 26, 2012 by Jazz Shaw

Earlier this month we talked about the startling revelation that there is an ocean of oil under the American west and the possible implications that could portend for America’s future. But one thing which should have been immediately obvious is that resources in any amount don’t do much for you while they’re sitting in the ground. This week the Romney campaign dispatched Mitt’s top energy guy, Harold Hamm, to draw a stark contrast between the two candidates’ policies.

“Why is energy such a high-level issue this year?,” said Harold Hamm, the CEO of Continental Resources and chairman of Romney’s energy policy advisory team, on Thursday. “It is pretty simple: because of the failure of Obama’s energy policy.”

He said Obama’s policies aimed at developing renewable energy are based on a false notion of oil and natural-gas “scarcity” that has been overtaken by the U.S. production boom.

“Romney has a policy of abundance; the other one is one of scarcity,” Hamm said.

As the article notes, President Obama was back on the trail immediately in Iowa talking energy as well, but the message was mixed and the theme of the week should draw a sharp contrast between words and deeds. He kept talking about an “all of the above” strategy, but what he was dynamically pushing was an extension of a key wind energy tax credit. And even as he claims to include gas and oil as part of his strategy, he’s building a commission to bog down the process of extracting oil and gas from shale.

What does all of this mean for the average consumer? On this Memorial Day weekend, AAA estimates that almost 35 million Americans will travel 50 miles or more. And while gas is a little cheaper at around $3.79, that’s still a lot of money for most families. And API’s John Felmy warns that we’re far from being out of the woods yet. Expanded domestic production will be required if we are to continue exerting downward pressure on prices at the pump.

To his credit, Mitt Romney has figured out this puzzle very early on. By continuing to push taxpayer dollars into alternate fuel sources while complicating oil and gas extraction, Obama is truly pursuing an atmosphere of scarcity, while Mitt is looking for a policy of abundance.

BONUS READING: How the western hemisphere is leveling the playing field on energy.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

…you too B B & Co.

KOOLAID2 on May 26, 2012 at 5:08 PM

Glad to entertain you Koolaid2, but I must say I take trying to save the country very seriously.

Are you going to vote for Romney against Maobama?

LevinFan on May 26, 2012 at 5:12 PM

So what Bill?

LevinFan on May 26, 2012 at 5:06 PM

Yes. So what?

Yes, I know Levin was and is a fan of Santorum, you seem to be a good listener. Fine, I love Mark as well. But Santorum’s fiscal record has been well vetted and although he is not a fiscal liberal by any means, neither is he a fiscal conservative when judged on his record, main point of our argument, which you seem to try now to move in another direction (“green”). And yet we had balanced budgets under Newt, something not seen since, his “green” pandering notwithstanding nor his other statements. Fiscally, along with Perry, he was our best hope for CUTS. BIG CUTS. As outlined up front in his platform, and his ideas and statements then usurped by the likes of Santorum and Romney. So, let’s agree to disagree on Santorum. And Newt. Santorum lost me during one of the early debates when he stated that balanced budgets were not Newt’s achievement in the House, but Santorum’s. Too bad so many missed that obvious lie.

But back to your “so what” statement. “So what” is you and others have settled on someone who no one knows, including his campaign manager if one goes by their disperate statements at times.

But like you said, who cares, the “people have spoken”. As I pointed out before, I did not leave USSR to ever vote for a (self admitted) progressive liberal whose record and always pandering to latest “idea of the hour” are only further proof of his beliefs.

His statement yesterday that big spending cuts are a bad idea right now are further proof his only reason to run for the POTUS is to have a notch in his belt. If this statement doesn’t seem like a wake up call to anyone in GOP it only proves that GOP (and all the RINOs supporting Romney) is nothing but a Democrat Party Lite.

riddick on May 26, 2012 at 5:31 PM

Anyway, have a nice day, off to the market for some porterhouse and then grilling and cigars.

riddick on May 26, 2012 at 5:32 PM

Again riddick so what??

At his worst, Romney is a Democrat who is still a million times better than the radical Marxist Maobama!

Did you come here from the USSR to sit back and do nothing while Maobama completely ruins the USA?

So what if Romney isn’t what we wanted. The answer is to elect him and stay on his a$$!

If you won’t vote for Romney to stop Maobama then why didn’t you just stay in the USSR? Really what’s the point?!

Enjoy your steaks and cigars.

LevinFan on May 26, 2012 at 5:39 PM

I’m not voting for Obama, so it doesn’t matter what he does or says, but I need a reason to bother voting for Romney, and I’ve never seen or read one yet. Even from his most enthusiastic supporters, who are few in number.

Buckshot Bill on May 26, 2012 at 2:44 PM

You’re so full of sh1t your eyes are brown.

- Romney will end ObamaCare
- Romney will end Dodd Frank
- Romney will allow greatly expanded exploration and recovery of fossil fuels
- Romney will reform entitlements
- Romney will lower the corporate tax rate to 25%
- Romney will cut personal income taxes by 20% across the board and close most loopholes and special credits
- Romney will adopt a plan similar to Ryan’s to restrict the growth of government as part of a cut, cap and balance strategy

MJBrutus on May 26, 2012 at 5:41 PM

Then the polls changed and people suddenly don’t care for the carbon-is-evil argument, so Romney has had to back track on his real record. I don’t see how anyone can honestly trust him enough to vote for him.

If the country is going to go down this path to spending billions of dollars on Solar and Wind companies and ethanol subsidies, I’d rather the Dems get the blame. Otherwise, the republican party is going to have to defend this crap for decades – just like reps are being pressured into defending Romneycare by making some bs state-rights argument for it.

Buckshot Bill on May 26, 2012 at 4:58 PM

well, bill, i’d rather have someone that represents the people rather than an command and control system of energy production and distribution. If mitt has observed the lack of warming for the last decade and decided (along with most sane people) that CAGW people are nuts..i say good for him.

but we know what barry wants. here’s a clue. he says ‘all of the above’ but he is considering putting an anti-nuke person in the NRC.

barry’s big gift is to be able to look reasonable and likeable but then implement hard left agendas that are not reasonable and that few like…this is the essence of a con man

your choice

r keller on May 26, 2012 at 5:43 PM

r keller on May 26, 2012 at 5:43 PM

It’s the same story from these Strangelove “purity of essence” types. I’m just, plain bored with the, “Oh, I love what Mitt is saying, but everything he ever says is a lie” spiel.

MJBrutus on May 26, 2012 at 5:46 PM

LevinFan on May 26, 2012 at 5:12 PM

…damright!
(btw..not entertainment…stimulating…just flew in to let you know…I don’t have to just lurk all the time (:->) …)

KOOLAID2 on May 26, 2012 at 5:52 PM

MJBrutus on May 26, 2012 at 5:46 PM

right. Especially if you are in a swing state. If Penn Gillette wants to vote for Gary Johnson (or whoever) in CA so be it…but in OH et al. entirely different story.

r keller on May 26, 2012 at 5:52 PM

You’re so full of sh1t your eyes are brown.

- Romney will end ObamaCare
– Romney will end Dodd Frank
– Romney will allow greatly expanded exploration and recovery of fossil fuels
– Romney will reform entitlements
– Romney will lower the corporate tax rate to 25%
– Romney will cut personal income taxes by 20% across the board and close most loopholes and special credits
– Romney will adopt a plan similar to Ryan’s to restrict the growth of government as part of a cut, cap and balance strategy

MJBrutus on May 26, 2012 at 5:41 PM

I don’t think he’ll do all those things, especially reforming entitlements. If Romney does most of these or especially repeals Obamacare I’ll be happy.

LevinFan on May 26, 2012 at 5:54 PM

Think about this for a second: if that was the only way Romney had been able to come out on top in the GOP primaries, do you think he would’ve passed it up? Given the penchant Team Romney has for nastiness, I honestly don’t know. That’s disturbing.

ddrintn on May 26, 2012 at 2:52 PM

Sooooooh, let me see if I understand you correctly: You’re suggesting that Romney would associate with the terrorist Brett Kimberlin and his comrades as a way to kneecap the opposition if necessary? And after pushing this vile crackpot theory you have the freaking gall to say ‘Team Romney has a penchant for nastiness’? Unreal.

PS: I do hope you read the comment about C4P becoming a “cesspool”. Do you comment over there?

Buy Danish on May 26, 2012 at 6:08 PM

Buckshot Bill on May 26, 2012 at 2:44 PM

At least you won’t vote for Obama, so thank you for that. Your vote may mean a bigger Romney win, perhaps even to the point of discouraging/embarrassing liberals and that’s never a bad thing.

Plus, it’s never a sure thing. We don’t know what’s going to happen in the next three-four months and what kind of goodie truck the Dems are going to back up to the curb. We don’t know how many dead people and cartoon characters they are adding to the voter roles. The LSM is getting desperate and that’s not going to change any time soon.

Every vote is important, even if it’s to honor those that gave us the opportunity to do so.

kim roy on May 26, 2012 at 6:16 PM

WOW!!!

A lot of hate for Romney in this thread.

Mobys?

Hey, let’s post some Romney quotes AND MISS THE IMPORTANT PARTS!!!!

As the Obama administration wages war against oil and coal, it has been spending billions of dollars on alternative energy forms and touting its creation of “green” jobs. But it seems to be operating more on faith than on fact-based economic calculation. The “green” technologies are typically far too expensive to compete in the marketplace, and studies have shown that for every “green” job created there are actually more jobs destroyed. Unsurprisingly, this costly government investment has failed to create an economic boom.

– From Mitt Romney’s campaign site.

He’s making it harder and harder to get coal mines and coal used in this country, and yet he says he’s for ‘all of the above,’ ” Romney said in Charlotte, North Carolina. “And I couldn’t figure out what he means because he’s been fighting oil and coal and gas–and then it came to me. He’s for all the sources of energy that come from above the ground, alright? And I’m for all the energy that comes from above the ground and below the ground.”

– from May 11th, 2012

Buckshot Bill on May 26, 2012 at 4:58 PM

We all know that you hate Romney and give Obama a pass.

You are just a moby.

Gunlock Bill on May 26, 2012 at 6:29 PM

Buy Danish on May 26, 2012 at 6:08 PM

Who made the comment about C4P being on cesspool? I missed that. I was just banned from that site last night. I’m a longtime Palin supporter but I couldn’t stand two things over there:

1. This ridiculous notion that Palin is running a stealth campaign to steal the nomination.

2. That romney is the white obama.

I’m a longtime adversary of yours (as a lurker) but we agree that Obama must be defeated!

LevinFan on May 26, 2012 at 6:35 PM

I think I remember Buy Danish:

Did you read the comments on Gary’s blog that I linked to? I was the one that made that comment!

I thought you meant that someone else made that comment on this thread!

LevinFan on May 26, 2012 at 6:38 PM

I thought you meant that someone else made that comment on this thread!

LevinFan on May 26, 2012 at 6:38 PM

Yes, that’s the comment I was referring to. Good comment. I also take exception with the headline implicating the “Obama Administration”- that’s a huge stretch.

2. That romney is the white obama.

LevinFan on May 26, 2012 at 6:35 PM

See above. I brought it up because ddrntn was responding to that link with his absurd hypothetical about Team Romney and the Brett Kimberlin. As for stealth campaigns, Palin was hoping for a brokered convention and was clearly letting it known she was available wink wink, but she’s not running a stealth campaign now (or if she is it’s a total failure). Any site which bans commenters merely because they disagree are highly suspect imho, but as many of us have observed, Palin supporters don’t take kindly to any sort of criticism so I guess it doesn’t surprise me.

Buy Danish on May 26, 2012 at 7:29 PM

“Vile crackpot theory”? I’m saying that given Team Romney’s nastiness I wouldn’t put it past them. And if he DID do it, you’d find some rationalization like the good little sycophant you are.

Buy Danish on May 26, 2012 at 6:08 PM

Have never read C4P much, and have never registered and therefore have never posted a comment there. But it couldn’t be much more a “cesspool” than this place with the Mittbot squads running around shrieking “concern troll”.

Buy Danish on May 26, 2012 at 7:29 PM

Yeah….and as we all know, the ‘bots are so easygoing when it comes to the least negative thing about their Dear Leader.

ddrintn on May 26, 2012 at 7:34 PM

As for stealth campaigns, Palin was hoping for a brokered convention and was clearly letting it known she was available wink wink…

Buy Danish on May 26, 2012 at 7:29 PM

It eats you up that Palin has more of a following among GOPers than your guy, doesn’t it? Be honest. She was wanting to prevent a Romney nomination, not engineer some backdoor nomination for herself. If you have evidence to the contrary, spill it.

And while we’re at it, you ‘bots are fond of throwing the “cultist” charge around. I’ve been plenty critical of Palin. Have you ever typed a criticism of Romney beyond “he’s just so gosh darned perfect”?

ddrintn on May 26, 2012 at 7:48 PM

You are just a moby.

Gunlock Bill on May 26, 2012 at 6:29 PM

The Mittbot verbal fart once again. Good grief. “MOBY!!!!!!!”

ddrintn on May 26, 2012 at 7:51 PM

Thanks for putting that in writing. I have nothing further to say to you.

Buy Danish on May 26, 2012 at 9:00 PM

ddrintn on May 26, 2012 at 7:48 PM

Interesting use of the word following. It is often preceded by the word cult, which is certainly appropriate in your case. As for actual numbers, Romney has proven himself to the Hot Air crowd. You are part of a vacuous, obnoxious and ineducable, tiny minority on this site who resort to selective lies to attack Romney.

Mitt has 1084 delegates. He secures the nomination on Tuesday next.

Hot Air Survey

Basilsbest on May 26, 2012 at 9:08 PM

Thanks for putting that in writing. I have nothing further to say to you.

Buy Danish on May 26, 2012 at 9:00 PM

I hope that’s a promise.

Basilsbest on May 26, 2012 at 9:08 PM

From the most slobbery Mitt cultist on this site. Hilarious. And we’re not as “tiny” a minority as you’d like to think. A lot of people are just turned off by the constant ‘Bot Goon Squads running around trying to shout down anyhone who has anything negative to say about your Dear Leader. And I’ve not “lied” about Romney. The guy’s a flip-flopper, a self-described “progressive” and has specialized in nasty campaigning. Refute that, Mittboy.

“I’m not a partisan Republican. I’m someone that is moderate, and my views are progressive”.

ddrintn on May 26, 2012 at 9:20 PM

Hot Air Survey

Basilsbest on May 26, 2012 at 9:08 PM

LOL, yeah. The lowest turnout for any HA survey I can remember.

ddrintn on May 26, 2012 at 9:22 PM

LevinFan on May 26, 2012 at 5:39 PM

By the way, interesting. What’s your leverage going to be in “staying on his a$$”? Are you going to threaten not to vote for him in 2016 and really REALLY mean it this time? Or at least until some more goons start calling you a moby Marxist troll?

Look, we’re screwed either way. We go over the cliff at 140 mph or 40 mph. We still go over the cliff.

ddrintn on May 26, 2012 at 9:41 PM

I will not be conversing anymore with ddrintn, but when he makes insane statements (such as he did tonight by alleging Romney would team up with Brett Kimberlin) I will continue to point them out.

Buy Danish on May 26, 2012 at 9:45 PM

Refute that, Mittboy.

ddrintn on May 26, 2012 at 9:20 PM

I prefer Romney’s overall record to one statement to a potential voter in the most liberal state in America.

In a video I posted on this site several times the candidate endorsed by your hero also described himself as a progressive and said the best President of the 20th century was not Reagan but the very progressive FDR.

Basilsbest on May 26, 2012 at 9:51 PM

Obama has failed to improve the standard of living for Americans especially poor people. He has invested in numerous corporations most of which have failed. What ever happened to the mortgage crisis!! Where is the money from TARP that was earmarked to go to the banks to give loans to homeowners???

sonnyspats1 on May 26, 2012 at 10:07 PM

ddrintn on May 26, 2012 at 7:34 PM

Dude that’s pretty low. I’m not Romney fan but I’m supporting him and voting for him in the General to beat Maobama.

How can you suggest that Romney would associate with a terrorist to win an election? You have no basis to say something so disgusting.

LevinFan on May 26, 2012 at 10:13 PM

ddrintn on May 26, 2012 at 9:41 PM

Do you think Romney is as least as conservative as Bill Clinton?

You know the same Clinton who worked with a GOP Congress to reduce the deficit and pass welfare reform??

LevinFan on May 26, 2012 at 10:15 PM

Buy Danish on May 26, 2012 at 7:29 PM

I wasn’t sure how Kimberlin implicated Obama either until I saw this link:

So why is the State Department partnering with a convicted bomber and having him meet important people from around the world we’re trying to influence to like America? Who vets these organizations in the State Department? Is Brett Kimberlin the man we want to try and “win the hearts and minds” of the rest of the world?

Obama sure has a knack for hanging out with terrorists and all the right kind of people right?? There’s no way he couldn’t have known about Kimbelin!

LevinFan on May 26, 2012 at 10:26 PM

LevinFan on May 26, 2012 at 10:26 PM

I know about that State Department connection, but that’s a question of vetting (or a lack thereof) not a premeditated act of aligning themselves with a domestic terrorist. It’s totally fair to ask questions about why the hell the inept State Department is involved in any way with this creep, but to say the “Obama Regime Hires a Convicted Murdering Domestic Terrorist for PR Work and to Attack Opponents, W.T.F?” is waaaay over the top and opens the writer up to legit attacks from the left. Let’s stick to the facts and not use overheated verbiage…

Buy Danish on May 26, 2012 at 10:40 PM

I am probably naive and those of you with better insight into Pennsylvania can correct me but I think if played right, energy could put Pennsylvania into play. There is not just the coal in the state but the Marcellus Shale natural gas that requires fracking in the northeast of the state. If the Obama presidential directive for the EPA to investigate the safety of fracking was a dog whistle to the enviros that he will ban it after the election, Romney should make it a siren to the people making their living by either producing the natural gas or by working at a manufacturing plant made viable by the low cost of natural gas from this fracked resource. It is not just the producers of coal and natural gas that profit by these low cost sources of energy. It is also the manufacturers and their workers that cannot compete on lower wages and benefits with the rest of the world but can compete on the basis of lower energy prices.

KW64 on May 26, 2012 at 10:43 PM

LevinFan on May 26, 2012 at 10:13 PM

Clearly ddrintn has gone totally mad.

Buy Danish on May 26, 2012 at 10:44 PM

Buy Danish on May 26, 2012 at 10:40 PM

sure there’s just enough to distance it from Obama or for him to claim ignorance.

Honestly though, they had to have vetted him… he served 17 years! I don’t buy that.

Plus given Obama’s track record with Ayers, Dorn, Wright, Van Jones, Sunstein…etc I think he knew exactly what he was doing.

Hard to prove though.

Then again what a surprise that this disgusting terrorist is using his asinine tactics to support Obama!!

LevinFan on May 26, 2012 at 10:52 PM

LevinFan on May 26, 2012 at 10:52 PM

I earnestly recommend that inflammatory headlines be avoided. It’s counter productive and risks ridicule and mockery. Better to present facts and let people draw their own conclusions based on the evidence…

Buy Danish on May 26, 2012 at 11:02 PM

You are just a moby.

Gunlock Bill on May 26, 2012 at 6:29 PM

Look who’s talking.

You and every Romney ass kisser are just so full of it. While I, and many others, suffered in the dead center of progressive liberalism you were parking your squishy asses on soft sofas flipping channels on TV not having an iota of righteousness in your entire existence. Well, good for you and your lack of principles, no wonder GOP lately is nothing but Democrat Lite, all thanks to you and your kind of illogical, non fact based thinking always willing to “settle”. Good for you that you “settled” on a self admitted progressive liberal who brought us the OromneyCare, higher taxes, pro-abortion and pro-gay agendas via MA, all available via videos recording his each and every “decision”.

You vote for whoever you feel like, like a good useful idiots you all are. No wonder the Manchurian seems to be having the last laugh, Lenin and Co.’s manual is working to a T and predictably so. Look up “useful idiot” in case you still have no idea who you are.

I stopped being a useful idiot at age of 9, back in USSR, when that was punishable to a great degree. Not that the likes of your moronic kind would ever understand what standing for freedom and principles mean.

riddick on May 27, 2012 at 2:41 AM

LevinFan on May 26, 2012 at 10:15 PM

You make it sound like Clinton had a choice. Ever hear of Newt?

riddick on May 27, 2012 at 2:42 AM

riddick on May 27, 2012 at 2:41 AM

Ha! Thanks for the entertainment your farcical commentary provides. Woe is you, a long suffering martyr! Shall we forward you name to the Pope for consideration for Sainthood? Oh, and as for being a “Useful Idiot” may I suggest that someone who engages in ridiculous hyperbole and yet would enable the re-election of BARack Obama because they’re stuck on words like “progressive” rather than looking at The Big Picture is a Lefty propagandist’s dream.

FTR, my ass is not squishy in the least and I freely admit to not being in the least bit self-righteous.

Buy Danish on May 27, 2012 at 7:58 AM

Clearly ddrintn has gone totally mad.

Buy Danish on May 26, 2012 at 10:44 PM

Oh yeah, I forgot that it’s only allowable to say such blasphemous things about certain people, not St Mitt.

Buy Danish on May 27, 2012 at 7:58 AM

So are you a mindless Romney sycophant simply because you think he’s a studmuffin? Or simply because you have a thing for multimillionaires?

Do you think Romney is as least as conservative as Bill Clinton?

LevinFan on May 26, 2012 at 10:15 PM

Oh, so you’re going to be relying on Boehner and McConnell to “stay on Romney’s a$$”. ROFL, hilarious.

The problem isn’t Obama or any other individual. Obama’s a symptom, not the disease. The problem is a whole mindset, and that mindset includes within its ambit people like Boehner and McConnell. And the supposed savior, Romney.

LevinFan on May 26, 2012 at 10:13 PM

Bud, Romney wouild cut off his own right arm with a dull butter knife if he thought it would help him win this time around. Now we have two pearl-clutchers, you and Buy Danish.

ddrintn on May 27, 2012 at 8:39 AM

Buy Danish on May 26, 2012 at 9:45 PM

Oh, grow up.

Basilsbest on May 26, 2012 at 9:51 PM

In the first place, Palin never endorsed Gingrich. Secondly, I don’t see what that has to do with Romney’s statement. He described himself as a progressive.

ddrintn on May 27, 2012 at 8:46 AM

ddrintn on May 27, 2012 at 8:46 AM

A vote for someone is not an endorsement? How curious your logic works.

And now you are associating Romney with terrorists???
You’ve slipped into the deep waters of utter self delusion. Get help.

Bradky on May 27, 2012 at 8:53 AM

A vote for someone is not an endorsement? How curious your logic works.

Uh, Bill, a vote for someone is not a public endorsement of the sort that happens, you know, before that election in an effort to win other votes for that candidate. A vote for someone occurs on the day of the election and is pretty, you know, final.

And still you don’t address Romney’s 2002 remarks. And while you’re at it, Bill, tell us how you’re not a progressive yourself. Are you just a Red Team member because you like the uniform?

And now you are associating Romney with terrorists???

Bradky on May 27, 2012 at 8:53 AM

When, Bill?

ddrintn on May 27, 2012 at 9:02 AM

ddrintn on May 27, 2012 at 9:02 AM

You are truly lost in the innertubes young man. Go back to playing wow for 15 hours a day. At least you know it is fantasy most of the time. Make one of your characters to be the noble Queen Sarah – that should scratch your itch.

Bottom line go play with the kids and leave the adults alone.

Bradky on May 27, 2012 at 9:09 AM

And now you are associating Romney with terrorists???
You’ve slipped into the deep waters of utter self delusion. Get help.

Bradky on May 27, 2012 at 8:53 AM

Perhaps whatever ailed angryed is contagious? And I note it’s rather ironic to have ddrintn tell me to “grow up”.

PS: I apologize to Jazz for responding to an off-topic link about Brett Kimberlin but ddrintn’s comments in response to that link were so unhinged and despicable I could not in good conscience allow them to stand unremarked upon.

Buy Danish on May 27, 2012 at 9:27 AM

Face it, Mitt is going to be our guy. He’s got warts but the other guy has evil intentions. We’ve only seen the beginning from the prezzy. It’s snowing in Great Falls. Stay warm out there.

Kissmygrits on May 27, 2012 at 9:34 AM

Bottom line go play with the kids and leave the adults alone.

Bradky on May 27, 2012 at 9:09 AM

Still didn’t answer any of the questions, Bill. And you just have to love it when hermit crabs who are here at all hours start in with the “get a life” routine. Or when they can’t get beyond giving out the usual pap and then trying to cover it up with the “we’re so much smarter” routine.

Buy Danish on May 27, 2012 at 9:27 AM

Ooooooh, clutch those pearls! Yeah, they were as despicable and unhinged as my alleged anti-Mormon bigotry. Trot that out next. Just can not say anything negative about Dear Leader. He’s such a dreamboat…

ddrintn on May 27, 2012 at 9:38 AM

I could not in good conscience allow them to stand unremarked upon.

Buy Danish on May 27, 2012 at 9:27 AM

LOL. Say that aloud, folks, and see how funny it sounds.

ddrintn on May 27, 2012 at 9:42 AM

I could not in good conscience allow them to stand unremarked upon.

Buy Danish on May 27, 2012 at 9:27 AM

LOL. Say that aloud, folks, and see how funny it sounds.

ddrintn on May 27, 2012 at 9:42 AM

By the way, say it in a Vivien Leigh-as-Scarlett O’Hara voice, with the back of your hand resting on your forehead.

ddrintn on May 27, 2012 at 9:48 AM

You’re so full of sh1t your eyes are brown.

- Romney will end ObamaCare
- Romney will end Dodd Frank
- Romney will allow greatly expanded exploration and recovery of fossil fuels
- Romney will reform entitlements
- Romney will lower the corporate tax rate to 25%

MJBrutus on May 26, 2012 at 5:41 PM

I’m not saying Romney would be a dictator or any other person as president would be a dictator. But the fact that one person has the power to expand or contract gas and oil exploration in the USA is dictatorial. Who died and made our presidents kings?

bgibbs1000 on May 27, 2012 at 9:50 AM

You’re so full of sh1t your eyes are brown.

- Romney will end ObamaCare
- Romney will end Dodd Frank
- Romney will allow greatly expanded exploration and recovery of fossil fuels
- Romney will reform entitlements
- Romney will lower the corporate tax rate to 25%

MJBrutus on May 26, 2012 at 5:41 PM

bgibbs1000 on May 27, 2012 at 9:50 AM

MJ’s a prog, and like most progs likes his presidents to be all-powerful daddy-figures with gray around the temples like the guy playing president in some superhero movie.

ddrintn on May 27, 2012 at 9:56 AM

“Romney will end ObamaCare.” LOL

ddrintn on May 27, 2012 at 9:58 AM

Don’t you just love it when the pious like Bradky, who, in the past, has harassed HA regulars after finding out their real names on Facebook, and MJBrutus, who in 2008 was hanging out on Daily Kos, giving Obama advice, this election cycle, are backing Romney, heart and soul, and acting like they are Conservatives?

It boggles the mind.

kingsjester on May 27, 2012 at 10:00 AM

I will not reject the good and inadvertently support the bad because the good isn’t perfect.

I will support Romney.

Johnny 100 Pesos on May 27, 2012 at 10:05 AM

kingsjester on May 27, 2012 at 10:00 AM

I thought there was something extra creepy about the guy.

ddrintn on May 27, 2012 at 10:06 AM

Buy Danish on May 26, 2012 at 11:02 PM

Good point.

LevinFan on May 27, 2012 at 10:07 AM

ddrintn on May 27, 2012 at 10:06 AM

Yep. He harassed Hornet Sting, Knucklehead, and a bunch of the ol’ regulars, including me.

kingsjester on May 27, 2012 at 10:08 AM

The horror! In 2002 Romney described himself as “Progressive” (as did Rick Santorum, but I digress). Surely that means he is a) no different from Obama; b)someone who would engage the services of terrorist Brett Kimberlin./

fwiw, George Romney, a fine man who worked his way up from nothing to become the head of American Motors, Governor of Michigan, and a beloved vanguard of the civil right’s movement, was often described as a “progressive”.

Buy Danish on May 27, 2012 at 10:09 AM

The question is, how does it make him different from Obama?

Buy Danish on May 27, 2012 at 10:09 AM

Just win, baby. If he hired Charles Manson you’d find some excuse.

ddrintn on May 27, 2012 at 10:11 AM

Buy Danish on May 27, 2012 at 10:09 AM

That’s nice. Be proud of your status as a Progressive. Just don’t attempt to disguise yourself as a Conservative on an anonymous Conservative website…or a national election.

kingsjester on May 27, 2012 at 10:13 AM

Buy Danish on May 27, 2012 at 10:09 AM

kingsjester on May 27, 2012 at 10:13 AM

Exactly. Or try to obfuscate the fact with more irrelevant tu quoque. I couldn’t care less about Santorum or Gingrich.

ddrintn on May 27, 2012 at 10:14 AM

ddrintn on May 27, 2012 at 8:39 AM

The more conservatives you have in COngress overall, the more they can push leadership.

Don’t start trying to insult my, try having alittle class. I’ve been fighting throughout the primary for conservatives. That’s over now.

What’s the answer for you and Riddick? Sit at home and pout b/c we’re stuck with Romney? Do nothing but call him the White Obama while the real thing gets reelected?

Real conservatives like myself and Levin, Rush, Hannity, Beck, Santorum, Newt, and Sarah Palin realize that Romney is a million times better than Maobama and are fighting to support the nominee in Romney.

I suggest you and everyone else still whining about Romney finally wake up!

LevinFan on May 27, 2012 at 10:16 AM

Buy Danish on May 27, 2012 at 10:09 AM

fwiw, so have George Soros and Warren Buffett. So?

ddrintn on May 27, 2012 at 10:16 AM

And I never said romney is the savior, he’s far from it. But let’s stop acting like there’s no difference between him and a radical Marxist who truly hates this country.

To do so is intellectually dishonest.

LevinFan on May 27, 2012 at 10:17 AM

Throw in that towel! The squishes win!!!! UNCLE!!!!!! And you’ll be doing the same song and dance come 2016: “I’m not going to participate in the destruction of the GOP!! Wake up, people!!!! We can’t have any primary challenge to Romney…that would just be handing power over to the commies!!!!”

If you get a LOT of conservatives in Congress, the president becomes pretty much irrelevant anyway, right? You see, thart’s the way the system was intended to work.

LevinFan on May 27, 2012 at 10:16 AM

Levin and Limabugh are hardly fans of Romney, Hannity’s a GOP talking-points machine and Palin’s said nothing about Romney.

ddrintn on May 27, 2012 at 10:21 AM

ddrintn on May 27, 2012 at 8:39 AM

Again, I’m not going let you get away with saying ROmney would associate with a terrorist to win. That’s despicable on your part to say something so outrageous.

Have some decency and take it back!

LevinFan on May 27, 2012 at 10:21 AM

kingsjester on May 27, 2012 at 10:13 AM

I’m not a Progressive and would never call myself that. The point is the word has a wide range of meaning ranging from Communist (David Horowitz’s parents called themselves “Progressives”) to civil rights advocates like George Romney. When Mitt used the word I’m quite sure he was using it similarly to the way it was used about his father and was not speaking in adulatory terms about communist cell members, Bill Ayers, or anyone in the left who has assumed the word as a disguise for their radical Socialist ambitions.

Buy Danish on May 27, 2012 at 10:22 AM

LevinFan on May 27, 2012 at 10:17 AM

You’re right. Romney’s all we have, at this point. Just be aware of the effect that horses’ rears like Gunlock Bill, bluegill/csdeven, and the ones I mentioned in an earlier post have had on the Conservatives who have backed off from frequenting this site.

You don’t win elections by telling actual Conservatives that they are ignorant. We are the largest political ideology in America, per Gallup.

kingsjester on May 27, 2012 at 10:23 AM

ddrintn’s motto – never pass up a chance to concern troll a Romney thread. No positive comments allowed, nothing but the nasty.

ray on May 27, 2012 at 10:24 AM

ddrintn on May 27, 2012 at 10:21 AM

Here’s where you lose all credibility in two places:

1. Do some research on my posting history if you’re going to spout off about what I would or wouldn’t do. You’ll see that I was on here fighting with Romney supporters in the primary. I was fighting hard for Bachmann then Santorum. Before that (before I was registered on hotair) I was supporting Palin then Cain. Just b/c I’m supporting ROmney to beat Obama doesn’t make me a Rombot. Got it?

2. YOu’re making my point about Levin, Rush, and Beck. I know they’re not fans of Romney, especially The Great One. I listen on a regular basis. Levin can’t stand Romney but has said repeatedly that he’d vote for him in a second over Obama, that he’d vote for an orange juice can over Obama. Levin realizes how important it is to win this election as do I. As for Palin, she has said repeatedly that she will support the GOP nominee and that it’s Anyone But Obama.

You may have a point about Hannity.

LevinFan on May 27, 2012 at 10:27 AM

kingsjester on May 27, 2012 at 10:23 AM

I understand. I had a few battles with csdeven during the primary.

However no one should allow the behavior of people online or anyone anywhere to allow it to impact their decision to support a candidate.

Every candidate is going to have some moonbat supporters.

Check out C4P sometime and you’ll see what I mean.

LevinFan on May 27, 2012 at 10:29 AM

Have some decency and take it back!

LevinFan on May 27, 2012 at 10:21 AM

Don’t hold your breath. You have to understand – he clearly believes this is true in his heart of hearts. Also see this symptom of derangement:

Just win, baby. If he hired Charles Manson you’d find some excuse.
ddrintn on May 27, 2012 at 10:11 AM

Now ddrintn is comparing George Romney to George Soros…

Oh well, it’s time for me to enjoy this lovely Georgia day, do laps in the pool to keep my butt firm, and to exercise my mind through poolside reading. L8R…

Buy Danish on May 27, 2012 at 10:30 AM

kingsjester on May 27, 2012 at 10:23 AM

Are you suggesting that some conseravatives on here that are upset about the behavior of the ROmbots during the primary are now trying to get some revenge? That maybe they realize that Romney is better than Obama and will support/vote for ROmney but are just trying to irritate the Rombots?

Me personally, I don’t care about the Rombots. This election is too important to be playing games.

LevinFan on May 27, 2012 at 10:33 AM

Now ddrintn is comparing George Romney to George Soros…

Buy Danish on May 27, 2012 at 10:30 AM

I am? I’m saying both were/are progressives then. So? You’re the one that brought up Romney Sr.

The point is the word has a wide range of meaning ranging from Communist (David Horowitz’s parents called themselves “Progressives”) to civil rights advocates like George Romney. When Mitt used the word I’m quite sure he was using it similarly to the way it was used about his father and was not speaking in adulatory terms about communist cell members…

Buy Danish on May 27, 2012 at 10:22 AM

LOL, there’s nothing like unintentional comedy. Mitt was saying he’s a civil rights advocate!!!! THAT’S it!!!!

ddrintn on May 27, 2012 at 10:33 AM

Have some decency and take it back!

LevinFan on May 27, 2012 at 10:21 AM

I don’t trust Romney as far as I could throw him.

ddrintn on May 27, 2012 at 10:36 AM

LevinFan on May 27, 2012 at 10:27 AM

Riiiiiiiiight…so what are you going to do in 2016 if Romney wins in 2012? Are you going to buck the party and back some insurgent anti-Mitt candidate in a primary and risk destroying the GOP and allowing the Marxists to win???????

Like hell you will.

ddrintn on May 27, 2012 at 10:39 AM

I don’t trust Romney as far as I could throw him.

ddrintn on May 27, 2012 at 10:36 AM

Neither do I. However I realize that he’s better than Maobama and that it’s grossly unfair to say romney would associate with a terrorist just to win an election.

When you make comments like that it undermines everything else you have to say.

LevinFan on May 27, 2012 at 10:41 AM

Like hell you will.

ddrintn on May 27, 2012 at 10:39 AM

How dare you speak for me.

If Romney turns out to be a good president and actually makes some good reforms – repeals Obamacare, Dodd Frank, makes some real cuts…etc, then maybe I would support him.

I suspect he’ll be a disappointment (kind of similar to George W. Bush) though. Still not nearly as bad as Maobama.

In that case I’d do everything I could to primary him. Especially if Sarah ran or another real conservative like Col. West.

LevinFan on May 27, 2012 at 10:43 AM

When you make comments like that it undermines everything else you have to say.

LevinFan on May 27, 2012 at 10:41 AM

Yeah, right. It would’ve been grossly unfair to say a year ago that Romney would lie about Gingrich’s record, too. The ‘bots still would say that Romney’s never misrepresented a thing in his whole holy life. The guy’s a nasty opportunist politically.

ddrintn on May 27, 2012 at 10:43 AM

How dare you speak for me.

How dare I? Easy. I just look at reality.

LevinFan on May 27, 2012 at 10:43 AM

And help the Marxists win and tear the GOP in two?????? How COULD you!!!!!!

Come on. Admit it. You’re one of the rubes the GOPe can ALWAYS count on to fall in line and support whatever nominee they approve. In 2008 I heard the same brave crap: “NEVER AGAIN!!!!! NO MORE SQUISHES!!!!! NO MORE MEDIA-PICKED NOMINEES!!!” And look where we are.

ddrintn on May 27, 2012 at 10:47 AM

ddrintn on May 27, 2012 at 10:43 AM

Romney was nasty during the primary as he smeared Newt and santorum.

THen again Newt and Perry both smeared Romney with the Bain attacks. Newt even had his PAC run a ridiculous ad saying a MA hospital didn’t serve Kosher food to survivors of the Holocaust.

The point is that political smearing is nothing new. But to suggest Romney would seek the help of a terrorist to win is beyond the pale.

You have sunken to the very depths of the political attack ads you’re reffering to by now smearing Romney yourself.

LevinFan on May 27, 2012 at 10:48 AM

And help the Marxists win and tear the GOP in two?????? How COULD you!!!!!!

ddrintn on May 27, 2012 at 10:47 AM

Yeah, but anyone supporting Romney over Obama is a GOPe hack. Good point.

Guess Santorum, Newt, Levin, Beck, Rush, and Palin are all now GOPe hacks too.

So is gary4205 too right?

Barack Obama and those he surrounds himself with are the most dangerous people in America. Making sure Obama is defeated in November is every American’s responsibility. To sit on your ass and not do EVERYTHING in your power to make sure this happens is hateful to me.

LevinFan on May 27, 2012 at 10:51 AM

LevinFan on May 27, 2012 at 10:48 AM

Awwwww. Well seeing how quickly you can forgive and forget Mitt’s own nastiness…

Romney was nasty during the primary as he smeared Newt and santorum.

LevinFan on May 27, 2012 at 10:48 AM

Check your chronolgy and see which came first.

ddrintn on May 27, 2012 at 10:53 AM

Yeah, but anyone supporting Romney over Obama is a GOPe hack. Good point.

Guess Santorum, Newt, Levin, Beck, Rush, and Palin are all now GOPe hacks too.

So is gary4205 too right?

LevinFan on May 27, 2012 at 10:51 AM

I said a rube who’ll vote for whatever nominee the GOPe approves. It’ll never change. In the unlikely event that Romney wins in November, it’ll be the same sh1t, different cycle in 2016 no matter HOW he governs. Those who voice any opposition will be Dem operatives. And you’ll fall in line. Own up to it.

We always hear these brave souls in the wake of some GOP defeat talking about how next time will be different, and next time is never really different.

ddrintn on May 27, 2012 at 10:58 AM

What does a policy of “abundance” have to do with a Willard McDole presidency?

It ain’t happenin’.

Where the f*** was this “policy of abundance” between the years 2000 and 2006 when the GOP controlled both the executive and legislative branches of government? Where in ANWR exactly were we drilling? Oh – that’s right … NO WHERE.

In fact – what about expanded OFFSHORE DRILLING? Oh, that’s right – G.W. Bush had, in place, an executive order AGAINST expanding off-shore drilling didn’t he? He only rescinded that order when gasoline was reaching $4.00 a gallon.

LOL! “Policy of Abundance” and the GOP Establishment have NEVER GONE TOGETHER!!

Conservative Slaves – such silly boys!!

HondaV65 on May 27, 2012 at 10:58 AM

HondaV65 on May 27, 2012 at 10:58 AM

True.

ddrintn on May 27, 2012 at 11:01 AM

True.

ddrintn on May 27, 2012 at 11:01 AM

It certainly is … and it’s been said that the definition of insanity is repeating the same process after it’s repeatedly failed.

The GOP leadership has not appreciably changed since 2008. In fact – it hasn’t changed at all. Republicans, after watching that team of losers FAIL miserably and drag this nation down into a economic catastrophe of Biblical proportions now want to put those same players back on the field.

To do what?

Impress us with how UTTERLY FAIL they are?

Does anyone think there will be a GOP left after these clowns blow it one more time?

So many people here seem to want to prove Carville right. LOL – okay – whatever. For me – I’d rather see Obama fail – which is why I’ll cast my vote for him.

At least once his policies have utterly destroyed the nation – people will turn to REAL CONSERVATIVES for solutions.

But if you elect this slate of elitist “faux” conservatives – they’ll fail and drown our asses with them.

For a generation!!

HondaV65 on May 27, 2012 at 11:05 AM

With two more Kagan or Ginsburg’s appointed to SCOTUS, it won’t matter how Conservative America wants to finally be, they’ll say no.

Typicalwhitewoman on May 27, 2012 at 11:25 AM

Typicalwhitewoman on May 27, 2012 at 11:25 AM

Well we’re going to have a choice between a squish and a flaming lib, so I take it that at this point the US doesn’t want to be all that conservative anyway.

ddrintn on May 27, 2012 at 11:40 AM

+100

Keep it basic:

Scarcity vs. Abundance

Freedom vs. Serfdom

Socialism vs. Capitalism

petefrt on May 27, 2012 at 11:49 AM

The Audacity of Dope

Schadenfreude on May 27, 2012 at 12:07 PM

The Audacity of Dope

Schadenfreude on May 27, 2012 at 12:07 PM

..this is terrifying. That this creep — who apparently has steeped his brain in drugs that much during his formative years — has his hands on the controls of this country now.

The War Planner on May 27, 2012 at 12:11 PM

Buy Danish on May 27, 2012 at 10:09 AM

kingsjester on May 27, 2012 at 10:13 AM

Exactly, Mitt was born and raised a -progressive- and has the same general political outlook and philosophy as say, Warren Buffet, even if he’s distancing himself from the “Buffet Rule” for partisan purposes.

To say that he’d utilize the services of someone like BK goes a bit too far. Mittens isn’t a sociopathic ideologue like our current WH resident, he’d want to avoid using a loose cannon for pragmatic reasons alone.

ebrown2 on May 27, 2012 at 12:15 PM

To do what?

Impress us with how UTTERLY FAIL they are?

For a generation!!

HondaV65 on May 27, 2012 at 11:05 AM

By that logic, you would have voted for Hitler in the German elections of 1932. There’s never an obligation to vote against freedom.

ebrown2 on May 27, 2012 at 12:18 PM

kingsjester on May 27, 2012 at 10:00 AM

You know you and Hawk love pushing this lie about me. Fact is that you are stupid enough to link your name to an internet handle when you insult others, talk about their mothers and so on and THEN when they note who you are are SHOCKED that someone would pay attention. All this started mainly because one poster linked directly to her fb page from her HA handle. I told her that it would probably be better to not do that. You defined that as stalking which shows one of two things (1) you are truly so ignorant you don’t understand basic vocabulary or (2) you just make stuff up to fit your narrative

If you post your facebook name to a HA love me group on FB in which the people say “I’m so and so from HA” it is not a matter of someone playing detective to find out who you are. You stated it clearly and up front on a public thread which is in effect of saying you are okay with the correlation. Sorry that you are too ignorant to understand the technology you are using to generalize and harass people with. It is not me calling people names and certainly not talking about their mothers.

Bradky on May 27, 2012 at 12:19 PM

Bradky on May 27, 2012 at 12:19 PM

Stop digging, creep. And get a life.

ddrintn on May 27, 2012 at 12:38 PM

To say that he’d utilize the services of someone like BK goes a bit too far.

ebrown2 on May 27, 2012 at 12:15 PM

Probably. I just don’t trust the guy. Can’t help it.

ddrintn on May 27, 2012 at 12:42 PM

Ah, abundance, such a happy, optimistic word as opposed to the scarcity professed by Omisery from his perch atop Scare-city.

stukinIL4now on May 27, 2012 at 12:48 PM

Bradky on May 27, 2012 at 12:19 PM

Those sound like a lot of excuses from a guilty man.

Just because someone is stupid enough to link their HA handle with their real life name doesn’t give you the right to call attention to their RL name or exploit it in ANY way.

People call me all kinds of names on here – they don’t bother me. If name calling bothers you – then I suggest you have an internet inferiority complex and need to see a shrink – like fast.

Because moving into the RL world (from here) is pretty psychotic behavior there.

HondaV65 on May 27, 2012 at 12:50 PM