Quotes of the day

posted at 8:30 pm on May 25, 2012 by Allahpundit

If past incumbents have been reluctant to directly engage opponents this early in an election year for fear of looking like a candidate rather than a president, Mr. Obama has tossed aside convention. No simply leaving it to the vice president or the campaign staff, no waiting until summer, no dancing around with oblique phrases like “my opponent.”

Instead, with Mitt Romney now the nominal Republican nominee, Mr. Obama has shown a willingness to confront him aggressively by name more than five months before the election. In a succession of speeches on the road over the last two days, the president attacked Mr. Romney as an out-of-touch plutocrat whose prescriptions for the economy would reverse the fragile gains of the last couple of years…

Mr. Romney’s camp said the attacks signal desperation. “All he has to offer now are tired political attacks,” said Amanda Henneberg, a spokeswoman. “With no record to run on, no new ideas and flailing attacks like these, it’s no surprise the Obama campaign has had such a tough week.”

***

President Barack Obama delivered one of his most direct attacks against Mitt Romney here Thursday night, painting Romney as an out-of-touch corporate raider.

At this event, held before an enthusiastic crowd of 2,500 at the Iowa State Fairgrounds, Obama reminded the crowd that Romney said “corporations are people,” while stumping in Iowa last August during the Republican primary. The president said there may be value in Romney’s experience in corporate buyouts, “but it’s not in the White House.”…

Speaking directly to Iowans, Obama used local lingo to slam Romney: “Governor Romney came to Des Moines last week and warned of a prairie fire of debt,” he said. “But he left out some facts. His speech was more like a cow pie of distortion.”

***

Peter Brown, who analyzes polls for Quinnipiac University, says of the likeability quotient, “It’s an advantage. It’s a tool that helps in areas where he may not score as well, such as the economy.”

This X factor of politics also explains why the Obama campaign has spent millions of dollars out of the gate on television ads, not to defend the president’s record on job creation, the recovering housing market or the possible benefits of his health care plan, but on attack ads portraying Romney as a heartless corporate raider. While voters by now know Obama well, they are just getting to know Romney. Before he can define himself, Obama wants to define him as someone who is wholly unlikeable. And that will ultimately impact how they view Romney’s potential stewardship of the economy.

As Glasgow said, “If you think Romney is a tough, smart businessman, you’re going to think what he’s proposing is good for the economy. If you think he’s a calloused businessman, just trying to enrich his buddies, you’re going to think his economic plan is bad.”

***

We are rapidly approaching the moment at which Washington reevaluates the Obama campaign’s reputation for competence and expertise. Every week, one or several of Obama’s surrogates trip over their own words; every day, Jim Messina and David Plouffe and David Axelrod must scratch their heads in wonder at the mess they are creating. One gaffe is an isolated event. Two is an embarrassment. But three or more form a pattern, one that is damaging not only Obama’s precarious chances for reelection but also the fortunes of the Democratic Party…

The Democrats clawed their way back to the presidency in 1992 thanks to a revolution in Democratic affairs: No longer would his party be captured by its client groups, Bill Clinton promised. The Democrats would not merely be a tool of the unions and the New Class of “helping professions” that rely on government spending for sustenance. Democrats would be pro-business, pro-Wall Street even. Freed from a Democratic Congress after the 1994 elections, Clinton was able to make good on this pledge and restrain spending, reform welfare, cut capital gains taxes, and enjoy an economic boom. His party grew close to Wall Street. It accumulated so much goodwill there and in boardrooms across the country that in 2008 even a former community organizer with roots in the left was able to pull the wool over the eyes of some of America’s most powerful financiers.

What resulted—the stimulus, Obamacare, Dodd-Frank, the relentless pursuit of higher taxes on wealth, the bashing of hedge funds and private equity—has turned much of high finance against the Obama administration and even the Democratic Party at large. Cory Booker was performing triage. He was trying to sustain the dying embers of a Clintonite, pro-business Democratic Party. He understood that Obama and his Keystone Kops are turning the New Democrat dream into ashes. And Booker, like other Democrats, is terrified by the answer to the following question: Who else will Obama bring down with him?

***

For the first time, some top Democrats are questioning the strategy coming out of the reelection campaign’s Chicago headquarters, with some agreeing with Newark Mayor Cory Booker that Obama is making it too easy to paint him as anti-business. Ed Rendell and Steve Rattner have also publicly voiced concerns, echoed by many others in private conversations. The result has been a minor, but very public, split in the party on an issue Obama’s camp hoped would tag Romney with a series of crippling labels: elitist, mean-spirited, anti-worker.

“I feel like they are overly relying on the have-nots out-voting the haves,” said one well-known Democrat close to the campaign. “The economy has gotten a lot better for a lot of people. Instead of making those people feel good about growing businesses, the campaign seems to assume that angry people will prevail. There were successful business leaders in the 2008 coalition, who wanted to use their success to do good. We’re losing that inspiration.”…

Some key Democrats say they have been dismayed watching Obama become a divider not a uniter, trying to incite anger among women, students and older voters. It’s striking how, in private conversations with Obama advisers, they openly talk of chucking the feel-good politics of 2008 for a very conventional form of political warfare this time around. A low-grade friction has emerged among advisers on whether the hack approach is damaging the brand.

***

Today, our political leaders in Washington can’t balance a budget, can’t end a war and can’t even treat each other with respect. And our president can’t understand why a reelection campaign based on populist resentment and class warfare is a message that will get him beaten in the fall…

Here’s the irony: part of Barack Obama’s personal story—one he has now written twice—has a lot in common with the stories of families like mine. Obama’s grandparents in Hawaii were hard-working folks. His grandfather, a World War II veteran, managed a furniture store; his grandmother rose in the ranks of a local bank. It’s not hard to imagine Obama’s grandparents and my parents having a supper together.

And resentment would never have been on the menu. The politics of envy may work in focus groups and in a handful of divisive congressional campaigns. But in choosing the leader who will occupy the Oval Office for the next four years, voters require much more [than] a strategy that appeals [to] resentment and class envy. In short, they want hope and change. Sooner rather than later, all the president’s men had better figure out that what matters to voters is not Mitt Romney’s past at Bain Capital but America’s future in a challenging new century.

***

Despite a growing backlash from his fellow Democrats, President Obama has doubled down on his attacks on Mitt Romney’s tenure at Bain Capital. But the strategy could backfire in ways Obama did not anticipate. After all, if Romney’s record in private equity is fair game, then so is Obama’s record in public equity — and that record is not pretty.

Since taking office, Obama has invested billions of taxpayer dollars in private businesses, including as part of his stimulus spending bill. Many of those investments have turned out to be unmitigated disasters — leaving in their wake bankruptcies, layoffs, criminal investigations and taxpayers on the hook for billions…

All that cronyism and corruption is catching up with the administration. According to Politico, “The Energy Department’s inspector general has launched more than 100 criminal investigations” related to the department’s green-energy programs.

***

***

Comments

Comment pages: 1 4 5 6 7

Oh and Bmore: Good job on the BH tune.

4Grace on May 26, 2012 at 1:40 AM

SparkPlug on May 26, 2012 at 1:40 AM

Hahaha..I have 1 beer in my fridge..lets go. :)

bazil9 on May 26, 2012 at 1:42 AM

Mr B going when I am coming in. :(

Luv u B. Night.

bazil9 on May 26, 2012 at 1:44 AM

Dire Straits on May 26, 2012 at 1:40 AM

Yep. Make Bmore pay. He was throwing his goulash all over this thread.

SparkPlug on May 26, 2012 at 1:44 AM

Good to see you. How is Tx? Hot? Hotter then hell here..early this year.

bazil9 on May 26, 2012 at 1:40 AM

Yes, very hot. After the hell that was last summer, I’m hoping we have one on the milder side this year. A lot cooler and a lot wetter.

4Grace on May 26, 2012 at 1:44 AM

bazil9 on May 26, 2012 at 1:39 AM

I really liked their music back in the day!..:)

Dire Straits on May 26, 2012 at 1:44 AM

Glam rock? How about this for a twist?

I wore out that album my senior year in high school.

Yeah, I’m a dweeb.

Logus on May 26, 2012 at 1:45 AM

Yep. Make Bmore pay. He was throwing his goulash all over this thread.

SparkPlug on May 26, 2012 at 1:44 AM

rofl..:)

Dire Straits on May 26, 2012 at 1:45 AM

Hahaha..I have 1 beer in my fridge..lets go. :)

bazil9 on May 26, 2012 at 1:42 AM

Is that one beer a pony keg? If so I’ll be right over. I’ll bring the goulash.

SparkPlug on May 26, 2012 at 1:47 AM

P.S. Yes, good tune. Used to listen to them a LOT in the 80s.

4Grace on May 26, 2012 at 1:36 AM

Gracie, last night I posted this for you and went to bed. Looking back this morning the link was bad. How Willie and Flaco—two TX boys, wound up on a HA link to Rick Perry is confuzin to arnold.

arnold ziffel on May 26, 2012 at 1:48 AM

“If past incumbents have been reluctant to directly engage opponents this early in an election year for fear of looking like a candidate rather than a president, …”?

When has the Perpetual Candidate ever looked like anything else. 3-4 days a week, 4-5 blue cities / states / union plants a week, ON THE TAXPAYERS’ MILLIONS in travel expenses EVERY WEEK.
The Obamunists have been waging their ‘billion dollar’ campaign for the last three YEARS, with OUR Billion.

rayra on May 26, 2012 at 1:50 AM

We love the new series and we love all things Sherlock.

Looked on-line for how Sherlock survived as well. We have no idea how it was done.

I enjoy this as much as Downton Abbey and sad at the end of the show when there’s no more to watch.

Typicalwhitewoman on May 26, 2012 at 1:29 AM

The two most plausable theories include a fireman catch behind the bus, and sherlock using some kind of repelling device. He said You repel me to that journalist. She then said it back to him later when moriarty was going on about being an actor.

I love the series. I with there could be more episodes it must cost a fortune to produce.

tom daschle concerned on May 26, 2012 at 1:51 AM

Walking in LA.

SparkPlug on May 26, 2012 at 1:52 AM

Dire, we all like diff stuff. All good. I loved the Scorpions, ACDC,Motley Crue, Ratt, Slaughter, GnR. Wasn’t wild about Bon J.

bazil9 on May 26, 2012 at 1:52 AM

Is that one beer a pony keg? If so I’ll be right over. I’ll bring the goulash.

SparkPlug on May 26, 2012 at 1:47 AM

I dated a hungarian girl. She made incredible goulash!

tom daschle concerned on May 26, 2012 at 1:53 AM

SparkPlug on May 26, 2012 at 1:47 AM

For u sparky since this is the net..sure..a pony keg.
I love goulash a lot actually. lol

bazil9 on May 26, 2012 at 1:53 AM

arnold ziffel on May 26, 2012 at 1:48 AM

Hey, arnold. LOL, I wondered about the link. Couldn’t decide if it was a mistake, or if it was an inside joke, or if I was supposed to read a particular comment.

Thanks for the correct link. Good one. :)

4Grace on May 26, 2012 at 1:55 AM

I dated a hungarian girl. She made incredible goulash!

tom daschle concerned on May 26, 2012 at 1:53 AM

It is awesome. Everyone makes it diff. I have my dads recipe.

bazil9 on May 26, 2012 at 1:55 AM

SparkPlug on May 26, 2012 at 1:47 AM

I dated a hungarian girl. She made incredible goulash!

tom daschle concerned on May 26, 2012 at 1:53 AM

goulash is foreplay.

SparkPlug on May 26, 2012 at 1:56 AM

Any dish that requires.the addition of sour cream has got to be good.

tom daschle concerned on May 26, 2012 at 1:57 AM

bazil9 on May 26, 2012 at 1:52 AM

All good, B9.

4Grace on May 26, 2012 at 1:57 AM

Obama voter.

bazil9 on May 26, 2012 at 1:57 AM

Walking in LA.

SparkPlug on May 26, 2012 at 1:52 AM

My roommate and I played that one all.the.time when it was released. Good memories.

4Grace on May 26, 2012 at 1:58 AM

goulash is foreplay.

SparkPlug on May 26, 2012 at 1:56 AM

LMAO!

bazil9 on May 26, 2012 at 1:59 AM

Obama voter.

bazil9 on May 26, 2012 at 1:57 AM

You expect him to keep it in his pants or pay for protection?!

Where’s the fun or free pass in that?!

Logus on May 26, 2012 at 2:02 AM

“I Ran” A Flock of Seagulls — New Wave Hit of the 1980′s

Ok so I have bad taste. Sue me.

SparkPlug on May 26, 2012 at 2:02 AM

goulash is foreplay.

SparkPlug on May 26, 2012 at 1:56 AM

That’s what my wife says when I make my chicken and gravy, fricasee, whatever it is…

Logus on May 26, 2012 at 2:03 AM

Thanks for the correct link. Good one. :)

4Grace on May 26, 2012 at 1:55 AM

No inside joke, just didn’t want you to think I was a tard—at least not last night.

arnold ziffel on May 26, 2012 at 2:04 AM

bazil9 on May 26, 2012 at 1:52 AM

+ 100..I agree..From your list we both liked a lot of the same bands!!..I feel good!..:)

Dire Straits on May 26, 2012 at 2:05 AM

SparkPlug on May 26, 2012 at 2:02 AM

Well… if we’re going down that alley

Logus on May 26, 2012 at 2:06 AM

4Grace on May 26, 2012 at 1:44 AM

True, My Uncle is in Tx..y’all needed rain. I would have shared with you if I could. Heres hoping for a wet summer for u guys.

bazil9 on May 26, 2012 at 2:07 AM

Red Rider – Lunatic Fringe

SparkPlug on May 26, 2012 at 2:08 AM

Any dish that requires.the addition of sour cream has got to be good.
tom daschle

Actually, adding sour cream to a dish is one of my secrets to my daughter when making a curry or a stew.

If it’s not quite right, and the flavors are a little harsh, add sour cream to smooth it out and it will usually save a dish from mediocrity. mmmm

We were disappointed that there were only 3 shows on the
Sherlock series. Dammit.
We love the actor who plays Sherlock. Brilliant.

Typicalwhitewoman on May 26, 2012 at 2:09 AM

Dire Straits on May 26, 2012 at 2:05 AM

+ 100 back. :)

Luv the Crue..oh and Cinderella..dudes voice is awesome.

bazil9 on May 26, 2012 at 2:09 AM

arnold ziffel on May 26, 2012 at 2:04 AM

Never, arnold. I thought I was the stupid one and was missing some clever reference you had made. lol

4Grace on May 26, 2012 at 2:10 AM

Logus on May 26, 2012 at 2:06 AM

That brings back junior high dance for me. :)

bazil9 on May 26, 2012 at 2:10 AM

The Clash – Rock the Casbah

SparkPlug on May 26, 2012 at 2:11 AM

Well… if we’re going down that alley…

Logus on May 26, 2012 at 2:06 AM

That’s one of the things I love about QOTD threads. I honestly have not heard that song in forever. Funny how that song instantly takes me back to California years.

4Grace on May 26, 2012 at 2:13 AM

Logus on May 26, 2012 at 2:02 AM

I was staying on topic. ;)

Tiz true. So Sad you just laugh. Some men just dont know how to live apparently. //

bazil9 on May 26, 2012 at 2:13 AM

California years.

4Grace on May 26, 2012 at 2:13 AM

Me too. ;)

bazil9 on May 26, 2012 at 2:14 AM

I’m watching, Midway.

Charlton Heston’s son in the movie, Edward Albert, sure looks uncomfortably gay. I get bored when they cut to the Japanese woman love affair story line.

Such brave men our soldiers that go to war for us.
Nice when they were allowed to win the war.

Typicalwhitewoman on May 26, 2012 at 2:16 AM

Red Rider – Lunatic Fringe

SparkPlug on May 26, 2012 at 2:08 AM

Man, I don’t remember those vids being so cheesy.

4Grace on May 26, 2012 at 2:16 AM

SparkPlug on May 26, 2012 at 2:11 AM

B9 likey.

Ok, you can drink from my keg. A full funnel.

bazil9 on May 26, 2012 at 2:16 AM

Goin’ to a Blues & Cajun festival tomorrow and will be seeing this gem.

John the Libertarian on May 26, 2012 at 2:17 AM

bazil9 on May 26, 2012 at 2:16 AM

I had a drinking problem. And then I discovered the funnel. No more mishaps.

SparkPlug on May 26, 2012 at 2:18 AM

Such brave men our soldiers that go to war for us.
Nice when they were allowed to win the war.

Typicalwhitewoman on May 26, 2012 at 2:16 AM

Amen!

4Grace on May 26, 2012 at 2:18 AM

Nice when they were allowed to win the war.

Typicalwhitewoman on May 26, 2012 at 2:16 AM

Nice when we were not in a PC death spiral. Today..we would never have bombed Japan like we did. IMO- My grandfathers generation sure as hell aint like this one. D or R. I had both. Patriots.

bazil9 on May 26, 2012 at 2:21 AM

Goin’ to a Blues & Cajun festival tomorrow and will be seeing this gem.

John the Libertarian on May 26, 2012 at 2:17 AM

I’m jealous. Have a great time.

4Grace on May 26, 2012 at 2:21 AM

bazil9 on May 26, 2012 at 2:13 AM

I’m no saint, but it ain’t hard to wait.

I’ve been hearing for over twenty years since I was in high school, peers, my father, the media, the left, say “Hey, why not.” And then they complain about their consequences or claim that murder is a viable “option”.

Logus on May 26, 2012 at 2:22 AM

SparkPlug on May 26, 2012 at 2:18 AM

Ha ha sparks! I see you know what I speak of..lol.

bazil9 on May 26, 2012 at 2:22 AM

Ah well… baby crying, time to go.

Would post some Cajun music, but no time.

Beausoleil… look it up!

Logus on May 26, 2012 at 2:23 AM

Keep diggin’, Barry. I’ll buy the shovel for ya.

hillbillyjim on May 26, 2012 at 2:24 AM

I had a drinking problem. And then I discovered the funnel. No more mishaps.

SparkPlug on May 26, 2012 at 2:18 AM

rofl!!..:)

Dire Straits on May 26, 2012 at 2:24 AM

Goodnight, Logus.

4Grace on May 26, 2012 at 2:26 AM

Logus on May 26, 2012 at 2:22 AM

I don’t care much for what people decide but dude..try some BC or a condom. STD’s too.
Really isn’t hard. He must be a Fluke fan..or his babies momma’s are? Prob not. It is there, a choice.
They choose not to.

I heart BO.

bazil9 on May 26, 2012 at 2:27 AM

John the Libertarian on May 26, 2012 at 2:17 AM

Please enjoy!!..That sounds like a lot of fun!..:)

Dire Straits on May 26, 2012 at 2:27 AM

Wow. How very presidential is our Dear Leader.

A cartoon would be classier.

hillbillyjim on May 26, 2012 at 2:27 AM

Night Logus! Have a great memorial weekend.

bazil9 on May 26, 2012 at 2:28 AM

4Grace on May 26, 2012 at 2:16 AM

80′s was full on cheddar and swiss. But I love and miss it!

bazil9 on May 26, 2012 at 2:30 AM

80′s was full on cheddar and swiss. But I love and miss it!

bazil9 on May 26, 2012 at 2:30 AM

Did you have the 80s hair? I look at pics of myself from that time. Funny stuff.

4Grace on May 26, 2012 at 2:35 AM

Man, I don’t remember those vids being so cheesy.

4Grace on May 26, 2012 at 2:16 AM

lolz..We used to watch them religiously!..Even Bars would play them..Thank goodness they improved!..:)

Dire Straits on May 26, 2012 at 2:41 AM

tom daschle concerned on May 26, 2012 at 1:51 AM

BBC’s Sherlock is GREAT!
(I wonder, how long until an American Hollywood company will steal it, put in different actors, and do the exact same thing?)

RedCrow on May 26, 2012 at 2:44 AM

Dire Straits on May 26, 2012 at 2:41 AM

Great song.

4Grace on May 26, 2012 at 2:44 AM

4Grace on May 26, 2012 at 2:35 AM

I will answer this way…my sister still tells everyone I looked liked Belinda from the Go Go’s -”head over heels” video. So I am sure I did. lol. I remember aqua net too..do u? lmao. The big bang swish-as I call it.

I did not have any jelly shoes..that I am proud of. ;)

bazil9 on May 26, 2012 at 2:47 AM

RedCrow on May 26, 2012 at 2:44 AM

Happy birthday to you.
Happy birthday to you.
Happy birthday, RedCro-ow.
Happy birthday to you.

4Grace on May 26, 2012 at 2:48 AM

Ok, well I’m caught up on this page, at least.

To everyone that I meant to comment to…well…Hi!

RedCrow on May 26, 2012 at 2:49 AM

4Grace on May 26, 2012 at 2:35 AM

bazil9 on May 26, 2012 at 2:47 AM

LoLz..The BIG hair days..I miss them!!..:)

Dire Straits on May 26, 2012 at 2:51 AM

bazil9 on May 26, 2012 at 2:47 AM

Haha. Ditto on the jelly shoes. I had long spiral-permed & highlighted hair. Fortunately with that ‘do, I didn’t require the Aqua Net. :)

4Grace on May 26, 2012 at 2:51 AM

4Grace on May 26, 2012 at 2:48 AM

Oh, thank you, very much.
My sister will be mad at you. She usually calls me early on the morning of my birthday to bust into her rendition. (Lol. Every year, I sooo want to hang up, but never do.)

RedCrow on May 26, 2012 at 2:52 AM

4Grace on May 26, 2012 at 2:35 AM

bazil9 on May 26, 2012 at 2:47 AM

LoLz..The BIG hair days..I miss them!!..:)

Dire Straits on May 26, 2012 at 2:51 AM

Lol. I’ve had four hairstyles in my life:

RedCrow on May 26, 2012 at 2:55 AM

LoLz..The BIG hair days..I miss them!!..:)

Dire Straits on May 26, 2012 at 2:51 AM

Did you have the big man hair dire? LOL. :)

bazil9 on May 26, 2012 at 2:55 AM

Hey ya’all. Just got up for a pit stop…

OmahaConservative on May 26, 2012 at 2:55 AM

Oops–nube mistake–it didn’t like my < and >–dumb.

4Grace on May 26, 2012 at 2:35 AM

bazil9 on May 26, 2012 at 2:47 AM

LoLz..The BIG hair days..I miss them!!..:)

Dire Straits on May 26, 2012 at 2:51 AM

Lol. I’ve had four hairstyles in my life:
under 14 = Bowl cut from mom.
14-17 = the “feather”
18-21 = the “headbanger special”
over 21 = whatever my Vidal Sassoon clippers allow me to accomplish. (Meaning, it’s usually very, very short.)

RedCrow on May 26, 2012 at 2:56 AM

RedCrow on May 26, 2012 at 2:52 AM

We have a lot of HA birthdays this time of year. You and Koolaid2 today. Oh, crap. KOOLAID, YOU OUT THERE?? Happy birthday to you!

Angrymike and I have birthdays on 5/30 and Flora Duh said hers is 6/1.

A bunch of crazy Gemini folk around here. :)

4Grace on May 26, 2012 at 2:57 AM

4Grace on May 26, 2012 at 2:51 AM

Ah, the perm. I will never forget the smell. haha. My hair is so fine..fell right out in 2 days. Thus the body wave..lol

I did have leg warmers though..shhhhh lol

bazil9 on May 26, 2012 at 2:57 AM

OmahaConservative on May 26, 2012 at 2:55 AM

Good morning, sir.

RedCrow on May 26, 2012 at 2:57 AM

Mr Crow, Happy Birthday- u just missed being the awesome…I am a Taurus. B-Day passed a few weeks ago. You Gemini’s. :)

bazil9 on May 26, 2012 at 2:59 AM

bazil9 on May 26, 2012 at 2:55 AM

LoLz..No I didn’t!!..:)

Dire Straits on May 26, 2012 at 2:59 AM

OmahaConservative on May 26, 2012 at 2:55 AM

Hi, OC. Good to see you.

4Grace on May 26, 2012 at 3:00 AM

Angrymike and I have birthdays on 5/30 and Flora Duh said hers is 6/1.

A bunch of crazy Gemini folk around here. :)

4Grace on May 26, 2012 at 2:57 AM

Yeah. Heh. I saw Flora’s post chastising me for my pg1 comment to angrymike about Geminis. (Geminae? Lol.) See must have missed my horrible admission.

RedCrow on May 26, 2012 at 3:00 AM

RedCrow on May 26, 2012 at 2:57 AM

Morning. I am freezing. The A/C is off and windows are open…

OmahaConservative on May 26, 2012 at 3:00 AM

RedCrow on May 26, 2012 at 2:56 AM

Happy Birthday to you!!..:)

Dire Straits on May 26, 2012 at 3:01 AM

bazil9 on May 26, 2012 at 2:59 AM

Thank you. And, a belated happy-happy to you.
I told my sister that I sold my birthday to the Chinese this year.

RedCrow on May 26, 2012 at 3:01 AM

I have a feeling Koolaid is having a Kool B day.

bazil9 on May 26, 2012 at 3:02 AM

Happy Birthday…

OmahaConservative on May 26, 2012 at 3:02 AM

OmahaConservative on May 26, 2012 at 3:00 AM

Good to see you friend!..:)

Dire Straits on May 26, 2012 at 3:02 AM

KIs Dr. Tesla still here?

OmahaConservative on May 26, 2012 at 3:03 AM

I did have leg warmers though..shhhhh lol

bazil9 on May 26, 2012 at 2:57 AM

OMG, I forgot about those. Yes, I definitely sported me some bitchin’ leg warmers.

4Grace on May 26, 2012 at 3:03 AM

Dire Straits on May 26, 2012 at 3:02 AM

Hey DS!

OmahaConservative on May 26, 2012 at 3:04 AM

RedCrow on May 26, 2012 at 3:01 AM

Thx. A Happy B day to you!

Night kids. Be good but not to good. ;)

Take care all.

bazil9 on May 26, 2012 at 3:04 AM

Morning. I am freezing. The A/C is off and windows are open…

OmahaConservative on May 26, 2012 at 3:00 AM

Really?! Been “sticky” all day here in MI. (Only got to 90F, but it’s the humidity that’ll kill ya.) Cooled down quite a bit, but still too humid for sleep. (That is, for me–Friends and family call me Nanook of the North, ’cause I’m never cold in the winter.)

60F is about perfect sleeping temp. I can’t sleep unless I’m under the covers, snuggly.

RedCrow on May 26, 2012 at 3:05 AM

It’s supposed to get into the nineties today and I never get cold in the winter either. I hate the humidity too…

OmahaConservative on May 26, 2012 at 3:07 AM

I did have leg warmers though..shhhhh lol

bazil9 on May 26, 2012 at 2:57 AM

OK, how does a response about leg warmers get sent into moderation? What did I say? I said I definitely had them and they were b!tchin’. Only I didn’t put the exclamation point in that last word.
Can you not say that?

4Grace on May 26, 2012 at 3:08 AM

Typicalwhitewoman on May 26, 2012 at 2:09 AM

. Benedict Timothy Carlton Cumberbatch

Or cheekbones as he is derided by.

tom daschle concerned on May 26, 2012 at 3:08 AM

Dire Straits on May 26, 2012 at 3:01 AM
OmahaConservative on May 26, 2012 at 3:02 AM
bazil9 on May 26, 2012 at 3:04 AM

Thanks, again, guys.
Now, let’s forget about that business and listen to a tune for our fallen heroes.

RedCrow on May 26, 2012 at 3:09 AM

And a belated HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you, B9!

4Grace on May 26, 2012 at 3:10 AM

bazil9 on May 26, 2012 at 2:57 AM

Can you not say that?

4Grace on May 26, 2012 at 3:08 AM

You two did the Flashdance dance, didn’t ya?
…C’mon, didn’t ya?
(Actually, that’s kinda hot.)

RedCrow on May 26, 2012 at 3:10 AM

RedCrow on May 26, 2012 at 3:09 AM

OK, my neighbors are going to hate you. My windows are open and I am blasting Queen…

OmahaConservative on May 26, 2012 at 3:11 AM