Quotes of the day

posted at 8:30 pm on May 25, 2012 by Allahpundit

If past incumbents have been reluctant to directly engage opponents this early in an election year for fear of looking like a candidate rather than a president, Mr. Obama has tossed aside convention. No simply leaving it to the vice president or the campaign staff, no waiting until summer, no dancing around with oblique phrases like “my opponent.”

Instead, with Mitt Romney now the nominal Republican nominee, Mr. Obama has shown a willingness to confront him aggressively by name more than five months before the election. In a succession of speeches on the road over the last two days, the president attacked Mr. Romney as an out-of-touch plutocrat whose prescriptions for the economy would reverse the fragile gains of the last couple of years…

Mr. Romney’s camp said the attacks signal desperation. “All he has to offer now are tired political attacks,” said Amanda Henneberg, a spokeswoman. “With no record to run on, no new ideas and flailing attacks like these, it’s no surprise the Obama campaign has had such a tough week.”

***

President Barack Obama delivered one of his most direct attacks against Mitt Romney here Thursday night, painting Romney as an out-of-touch corporate raider.

At this event, held before an enthusiastic crowd of 2,500 at the Iowa State Fairgrounds, Obama reminded the crowd that Romney said “corporations are people,” while stumping in Iowa last August during the Republican primary. The president said there may be value in Romney’s experience in corporate buyouts, “but it’s not in the White House.”…

Speaking directly to Iowans, Obama used local lingo to slam Romney: “Governor Romney came to Des Moines last week and warned of a prairie fire of debt,” he said. “But he left out some facts. His speech was more like a cow pie of distortion.”

***

Peter Brown, who analyzes polls for Quinnipiac University, says of the likeability quotient, “It’s an advantage. It’s a tool that helps in areas where he may not score as well, such as the economy.”

This X factor of politics also explains why the Obama campaign has spent millions of dollars out of the gate on television ads, not to defend the president’s record on job creation, the recovering housing market or the possible benefits of his health care plan, but on attack ads portraying Romney as a heartless corporate raider. While voters by now know Obama well, they are just getting to know Romney. Before he can define himself, Obama wants to define him as someone who is wholly unlikeable. And that will ultimately impact how they view Romney’s potential stewardship of the economy.

As Glasgow said, “If you think Romney is a tough, smart businessman, you’re going to think what he’s proposing is good for the economy. If you think he’s a calloused businessman, just trying to enrich his buddies, you’re going to think his economic plan is bad.”

***

We are rapidly approaching the moment at which Washington reevaluates the Obama campaign’s reputation for competence and expertise. Every week, one or several of Obama’s surrogates trip over their own words; every day, Jim Messina and David Plouffe and David Axelrod must scratch their heads in wonder at the mess they are creating. One gaffe is an isolated event. Two is an embarrassment. But three or more form a pattern, one that is damaging not only Obama’s precarious chances for reelection but also the fortunes of the Democratic Party…

The Democrats clawed their way back to the presidency in 1992 thanks to a revolution in Democratic affairs: No longer would his party be captured by its client groups, Bill Clinton promised. The Democrats would not merely be a tool of the unions and the New Class of “helping professions” that rely on government spending for sustenance. Democrats would be pro-business, pro-Wall Street even. Freed from a Democratic Congress after the 1994 elections, Clinton was able to make good on this pledge and restrain spending, reform welfare, cut capital gains taxes, and enjoy an economic boom. His party grew close to Wall Street. It accumulated so much goodwill there and in boardrooms across the country that in 2008 even a former community organizer with roots in the left was able to pull the wool over the eyes of some of America’s most powerful financiers.

What resulted—the stimulus, Obamacare, Dodd-Frank, the relentless pursuit of higher taxes on wealth, the bashing of hedge funds and private equity—has turned much of high finance against the Obama administration and even the Democratic Party at large. Cory Booker was performing triage. He was trying to sustain the dying embers of a Clintonite, pro-business Democratic Party. He understood that Obama and his Keystone Kops are turning the New Democrat dream into ashes. And Booker, like other Democrats, is terrified by the answer to the following question: Who else will Obama bring down with him?

***

For the first time, some top Democrats are questioning the strategy coming out of the reelection campaign’s Chicago headquarters, with some agreeing with Newark Mayor Cory Booker that Obama is making it too easy to paint him as anti-business. Ed Rendell and Steve Rattner have also publicly voiced concerns, echoed by many others in private conversations. The result has been a minor, but very public, split in the party on an issue Obama’s camp hoped would tag Romney with a series of crippling labels: elitist, mean-spirited, anti-worker.

“I feel like they are overly relying on the have-nots out-voting the haves,” said one well-known Democrat close to the campaign. “The economy has gotten a lot better for a lot of people. Instead of making those people feel good about growing businesses, the campaign seems to assume that angry people will prevail. There were successful business leaders in the 2008 coalition, who wanted to use their success to do good. We’re losing that inspiration.”…

Some key Democrats say they have been dismayed watching Obama become a divider not a uniter, trying to incite anger among women, students and older voters. It’s striking how, in private conversations with Obama advisers, they openly talk of chucking the feel-good politics of 2008 for a very conventional form of political warfare this time around. A low-grade friction has emerged among advisers on whether the hack approach is damaging the brand.

***

Today, our political leaders in Washington can’t balance a budget, can’t end a war and can’t even treat each other with respect. And our president can’t understand why a reelection campaign based on populist resentment and class warfare is a message that will get him beaten in the fall…

Here’s the irony: part of Barack Obama’s personal story—one he has now written twice—has a lot in common with the stories of families like mine. Obama’s grandparents in Hawaii were hard-working folks. His grandfather, a World War II veteran, managed a furniture store; his grandmother rose in the ranks of a local bank. It’s not hard to imagine Obama’s grandparents and my parents having a supper together.

And resentment would never have been on the menu. The politics of envy may work in focus groups and in a handful of divisive congressional campaigns. But in choosing the leader who will occupy the Oval Office for the next four years, voters require much more [than] a strategy that appeals [to] resentment and class envy. In short, they want hope and change. Sooner rather than later, all the president’s men had better figure out that what matters to voters is not Mitt Romney’s past at Bain Capital but America’s future in a challenging new century.

***

Despite a growing backlash from his fellow Democrats, President Obama has doubled down on his attacks on Mitt Romney’s tenure at Bain Capital. But the strategy could backfire in ways Obama did not anticipate. After all, if Romney’s record in private equity is fair game, then so is Obama’s record in public equity — and that record is not pretty.

Since taking office, Obama has invested billions of taxpayer dollars in private businesses, including as part of his stimulus spending bill. Many of those investments have turned out to be unmitigated disasters — leaving in their wake bankruptcies, layoffs, criminal investigations and taxpayers on the hook for billions…

All that cronyism and corruption is catching up with the administration. According to Politico, “The Energy Department’s inspector general has launched more than 100 criminal investigations” related to the department’s green-energy programs.

***

***

Comments

Comment pages: 1 3 4 5 6 7

Oops, logus that is, sorry…..;)

angrymike on May 26, 2012 at 12:41 AM

Logus on May 26, 2012 at 12:24 AM

Is money an issue for these purchases?

Bmore on May 26, 2012 at 12:42 AM

Bmore
Money is always an issue, or I’d have many, many more. I guess it’s like tattoos ……lol

angrymike on May 26, 2012 at 12:43 AM

Oops, logus that is, sorry…..;)

angrymike on May 26, 2012 at 12:41 AM

I was gonna tease you about that, but let it slide. :D

4Grace on May 26, 2012 at 12:44 AM

What calibers are yhou considering? Also consider a sharpshooter instruction course which can be done over a weekend…

ExpressoBold on May 26, 2012 at 12:37 AM

Oy. I’d have to dig through my emails. 30 odd 6 rings a bell, but I know I was given a list of probably four or five as possible good deer rifles.

I live in St. Louis, so I’d be hunting probably within an hour’s distance.

I grew up around hunters but never properly learned to hunt. My grandfather, uncles and male cousins were/are all avid hunters. I could probably ask my grandfather for one of his guns when next I’m down in Louisiana, but I know that he wants to give them to my other cousins. I got the sword – and I’ll probably get the Black Forest cuckoo clock that’s hanging in his kitchen… that’s my inheritance.

Anyhow, I was planning on taking some target practice this spring/summer, handling and looking at various guns, but it’s not shaping up like that’s going to happen right now.

Logus on May 26, 2012 at 12:44 AM

Evening all. Have been listening to the tunes, and ExpressoBold’s Alfred Reed selections (11:52 PM). Great compositions and performances. Inspired to post one of my favorite symphonic wind marches, Clifton Williams’ Strategic Air Command. (Best performance/recording I could find for now.)

Hope everyone has a blessed Memorial Day Weekend. Profound gratitude to all who have served, to whom this march was dedicated.

de rigueur on May 26, 2012 at 12:45 AM

Well I’m done, gotta go camp tomorrow, so good night all……..;)
Oh, nice to meet you slade………;-)

angrymike on May 26, 2012 at 12:45 AM

Oops, logus that is, sorry…..;)

angrymike on May 26, 2012 at 12:41 AM

Meh. I’ve been called worse, both for my handle and my real name. Unless you’re doing it to insult – which I know you’re not, I don’t care.

Logus on May 26, 2012 at 12:46 AM

Kristen Welker

“more like a cow pie of distortion.” Wait, wait don’t tell me. 0 is doing shrooms now? If yes well then he would know something of cow pies and distortion. You can’t make this stuff up. We have got to pull together a comedy team. 0 is just such a rich and fertile source for great material.

Bmore on May 26, 2012 at 12:46 AM

Bmore

angrymike on May 26, 2012 at 12:43 AM

Might not be for Logus. ; ) Where did the new guy go? And where the heII is Dire?

Bmore on May 26, 2012 at 12:47 AM

4Grace
why thank you, but you can tease me anytime ……..;) …..good night….

angrymike on May 26, 2012 at 12:47 AM

Hey Bmore, I have a couple of T-shirts from Zazzle. Doc Zero Rx. He’s able to write SIMPLY about things to a startling degree, without adding in extra to satisfy his own ego, which punches his pieces HARDER in my opinion.

bigmike on May 26, 2012 at 12:48 AM

“We-hee-hee-hell, them Crackers BETTAH NOT Mess Wit US!! ‘Cause, Baby – We’re in the CHOOM GANG!!!”

williamg on May 26, 2012 at 12:49 AM

30-06 would probably ring the bell a little better. But if you must, 30 ot 06.

Bmore on May 26, 2012 at 12:49 AM

Good God, I’ve been arguing with crazy people over in the birther thread all this time, when I could have been over here. Or anywhere else, for that matter.
Tesla told me to tell you all that you’re all gay, but it’s ok, because so is he, except he’s not, because he was kidding about that part.

RINO in Name Only on May 26, 2012 at 12:50 AM

Goodnight, angrymike. I hope you sleep well tonight.

4Grace on May 26, 2012 at 12:50 AM

Logus
I’ve had ppl get kinda upset, so I correct myself…. I’m a fast learner, won’t happen no more… ;)
Now, I’m really leaving at night all……

angrymike on May 26, 2012 at 12:50 AM

Bmore: Yeah, money is an issue with these purchases.

I had half jokingly commented in a Christmas batch email that I was interested in getting a rifle to hunt but would need to sell my sword and/or comics to do so.

My uncle, ever the one to surprise, emailed back that I should have just asked him, he’d give me one of his… only, he hasn’t told me what he has. Instead he just asked what I was looking for, then when I gave him several calibers, he said he didn’t have any of them! His are all smaller. So, I dunno.

I still want to sell my sword and comic books anyhow. I bought them with investments in mind. When you’re 23, single, a nerd and a lazy bum, you think blowing your money on such things is a good investment. Now I’m having a hard time finding people willing to buy them.

Trade in value, my sword is worth at least $1600. I just want a grand, a titch over what I paid for it and the scabbard.

Logus on May 26, 2012 at 12:51 AM

bigmike on May 26, 2012 at 12:48 AM

You know one thing in my time on this planet I have observed. The truly great never need to sing they’re own praise. They’re work says it all. Its who they are. Love the t-shirt idea. Do many people catch it.?

Bmore on May 26, 2012 at 12:52 AM

RINO in Name Only on May 26, 2012 at 12:50 AM

…Hi bud!…see!…I told you there were other people to talk too! (:->)

KOOLAID2 on May 26, 2012 at 12:52 AM

30-06 would probably ring the bell a little better. But if you must, 30 ot 06.

Bmore on May 26, 2012 at 12:49 AM

lol… Yes, that.

Logus on May 26, 2012 at 12:53 AM

You crashing angrymike? Sleep well my brother. ; )

Bmore on May 26, 2012 at 12:53 AM

Logus on May 26, 2012 at 12:44 AM

OK, that’s 30-06 pronounced thirty aught six and get yourself some training on the weapon because that is what it is.

ExpressoBold on May 26, 2012 at 12:54 AM

RINO in Name Only on May 26, 2012 at 12:50 AM

Evening, RINO. Brownie points for you (and Koolaid). I used to engage T., but I’ve lost the desire.

I will say that when I read some of his posts, I hear this voice.

4Grace on May 26, 2012 at 12:56 AM

Center your sights on the target; breathe evenly; squeeze, don’t pull, the trigger. That’s all you need to know.

predator on May 26, 2012 at 12:41 AM

Oh, I can shoot, and have shot a number of guns. I prefer rifles and revolvers.

Because I don’t get to shoot firearms very often my aim isn’t the greatest, but I can get a bullseye 25% of the time and the rest are typically, closely clustered around or to one side of the center.

Probably the most fun I’ve had with a gun was shooting a .357 Magnum at old oil bottles on a pond. Such fun watching that oil can shoot up into the air with a fountain of water underneath it every time!

Logus on May 26, 2012 at 12:57 AM

Logus on May 26, 2012 at 12:51 AM

On a budget, Sig Sauer has a 9mm polymer lower all steel upper for just a bit over $300. A great value and easy to clean.

Bmore on May 26, 2012 at 12:57 AM

The GOP will betray you!!..:)

Dire Straits on May 26, 2012 at 12:58 AM

KOOLAID2
I just ran over to the BIRTHER thread, now that’s what I call tough love…..roflmmfao
ya Bmore, I’m out night……;)

angrymike on May 26, 2012 at 12:58 AM

Hey Bmore, A few, here and there ask, I tell them where to find his writings, mostly younger people, with smart phones.

bigmike on May 26, 2012 at 12:59 AM

Logus , on the 30-06, on a budget mind you. Remington will get you in at a wee bit over $400,$450 range. Get a good scope. Add another couple. I like Leupold.

Bmore on May 26, 2012 at 1:02 AM

Range Idiots!

Logus on May 26, 2012 at 1:03 AM

someone mentioned preference cascade earlier.

awfully good article…and the Romney communication has a sense of humor wrt the left wing press.

but, as they say, Don’t get cocky (although, i still am hoping for a 60/40 split)

r keller on May 26, 2012 at 1:03 AM

Dire Straits on May 26, 2012 at 12:58 AM

Evening, Dire. Hope all is well with you.

P.S. Bmore has been paging you!

4Grace on May 26, 2012 at 1:03 AM

bigmike on May 26, 2012 at 12:59 AM

Too bad it doesn’t have one of those little digital tags. They could just scan it with the phone and it would take them to his work. Next shirt maybe?

Bmore on May 26, 2012 at 1:04 AM

Inspired to post one of my favorite symphonic wind marches, Clifton Williams’ Strategic Air Command. …

de rigueur on May 26, 2012 at 12:45 AM

Thanks for that, what a great selection! I can now offer a march selection composed by Edwin Franko Goldman, “On Parade”

ExpressoBold on May 26, 2012 at 1:04 AM

The GOP will betray you!!..:)

Dire Straits on May 26, 2012 at 12:58 AM

What the heck happened to you? I see you. I go to supper and poof! LOL! ; )

Bmore on May 26, 2012 at 1:05 AM

…Hi bud!…see!…I told you there were other people to talk too! (:->)

KOOLAID2 on May 26, 2012 at 12:52 AM

That you did.

Not to get diverted into a deep theological debate, but there is this very old principle that says that people who are in hell are there because they want to be there. That doesn’t mean they don’t suffer torment in hell, but rather that they have a perverse desire to be tormented.

I’m not sure why that principle just occurred to me. I just sort of randomly thought of it right as I was leaving the birther thread.

RINO in Name Only on May 26, 2012 at 1:05 AM

Logus, home protection shotgun, no better bang for the buck then Mossberg. Pistol grip or stock, your preference. $200 last one I picked up.

Bmore on May 26, 2012 at 1:07 AM

Someone erased my cookies. I think it was Bmore.

Anyway Barry is a crotch waffle.

SparkPlug on May 26, 2012 at 1:07 AM

4Grace on May 26, 2012 at 12:56 AM

…some day…I’m going to laugh my arse off like I did a couple of years ago…when the people here just let some guy like T go on and on.
They would have conversations with each other on different topic related to the thread…and there was some heavy debate.
I forget who it was, but like T would post 4 or 5 thoughts in a row…then a couple more…and addressing names of posters to his thoughts…and everybody just carried on.
I didn’t notice at first…but when I did and went back to the first page…by the time I hit page 4 or 5…I could hardly breathe
I was so sore from laughing…no nimrod screwed it up…lost their patience…it was a work of art!

KOOLAID2 on May 26, 2012 at 1:08 AM

The GOP will betray you!!..:)

Dire Straits on May 26, 2012 at 12:58 AM

Hi True_King. (:

SparkPlug on May 26, 2012 at 1:08 AM

4Grace on May 26, 2012 at 12:50 AM

Hi.

SparkPlug on May 26, 2012 at 1:09 AM

The GOP will betray you!!..:)

Dire Straits on May 26, 2012 at 12:58 AM

Dr. Tesla will de-gay you.

RINO in Name Only on May 26, 2012 at 1:09 AM

Anyway Barry is a crotch waffle.

SparkPlug on May 26, 2012 at 1:07 AM

…then I won’t say anything about syrup!

KOOLAID2 on May 26, 2012 at 1:10 AM

Logus on May 26, 2012 at 12:57 AM

We had a little “shoot out” at a friend of mine’s farm a few years ago. Allen brought his .44 Mag with a long-azzed barrel and some three-pound coffee cans full of hog fat. Shot those babies through the center and the back of those cans were opened up six inches. Very little hog fat was found. Good times. Good times.

predator on May 26, 2012 at 1:10 AM

Bmore on May 26, 2012 at 12:57 AM

Thanks for the recommendations. I’ll write them down.

I got to fire a Glock a couple of years ago at our police station through a free resident program they have. I was amazed at how few pieces the gun has!

Heh… I was given two clips with ten rounds each (to practice changing clips and because they didn’t want us using too many rounds). My first round got spit on the ground because I couldn’t chamber properly, but after that all the rest found good marks.

That said, because of the dip firing a lane or two over, my adrenaline got the better of me and I kept tapping the trigger instead of squeezing, so the gun kept moving and most of my hits were to the lower left. Instead of calming down and squeezing, once I realized what I was doing, I adjusted my aim and kept peppering the bullseye. 25% out of 20 rounds. The other guy? He was firing like he was in an action flick. He hit the target but it looked like swiss cheese. Dip.

Logus on May 26, 2012 at 1:10 AM

i still am hoping for a 60/40 split)

r keller on May 26, 2012 at 1:03 AM

You mean in the general, in favor of Romney? I wish!

ExpressoBold on May 26, 2012 at 1:11 AM

Logus, sorry I missed the part where you said revolver. Any Smith. 5″ K frame 357 is my wifes pistol of choice.

Bmore on May 26, 2012 at 1:11 AM

Dr. Tesla will de-gay you.

RINO in Name Only on May 26, 2012 at 1:09 AM

I wish I had thought of that one. Golden. Hilarious.

Anyho it think some people think that I am Dr. Tesla. Here is why.

1. I have said he is funny.
2. Tesla dealt with sparks and I am sparkplug

SparkPlug on May 26, 2012 at 1:11 AM

KOOLAID2 on May 26, 2012 at 1:10 AM

LOLz

SparkPlug on May 26, 2012 at 1:12 AM

No offense to all the Glock fans that I’m sure are lurking. Go with Sig , You won’t regret it Logus.

Bmore on May 26, 2012 at 1:12 AM

I had a ruger gp101 in 357 what a sweet shooting gun they go for.$500 or.so in ss

I just picked up a.remington r1 1911 and a palmetto state armory ar15 both are super sweet shooters. Oh yeah ik going to the range this weekend.

tom daschle concerned on May 26, 2012 at 1:13 AM

The best time to eat a burrito is right now.

SparkPlug on May 26, 2012 at 1:13 AM

I will say that when I read some of his posts, I hear this voice.

4Grace on May 26, 2012 at 12:56 AM

Evening Grace. And thank you. Now I too will have the pleasure of hearing that wonderful voice when I read the good doctor’s posts.

Oh well, no big deal, it’s not like I’ll be hearing it that often. It’ll just be whenever Tesla posts a comment…. cr@p.

RINO in Name Only on May 26, 2012 at 1:15 AM

Hey rkeller, The next month or two should make it realer or not. If Mitt and his team can continue to navigate, without taking too much damage. If Obama can coninue to trip over his feet, and the MSM doesn’t hold to 100% coverage, I can see that too.

bigmike on May 26, 2012 at 1:15 AM

KOOLAID2 on May 26, 2012 at 1:08 AM

Wish I had been there! I think most people here intend to ignore him, but every once in awhile he’ll add something strange/provocative enough to reel someone in.

Have you noticed that when he does not get a bite that he begins to throw random sh!t out there? Bouncing from topic to topic. The one that got me the other night was his statement about tweeting to Cher. It was like Theater of the Absurd for me. Couldn’t stop laughing.

4Grace on May 26, 2012 at 1:15 AM

I have a BB gun. Go ahead break into my house. I have a pitching wedge and a chain saw.

SparkPlug on May 26, 2012 at 1:16 AM

@Bmore:
Back to the Alfred Reed Introductory Music Appreciation Course, Symphonic Band Edition, I present by way of Angelo State U., Alleluia! Laudamus Te!

ExpressoBold on May 26, 2012 at 1:16 AM

SparkPlug on May 26, 2012 at 1:09 AM

Hi, SparkPlug! We need a special Friday night Tech Tip, methinks.

4Grace on May 26, 2012 at 1:17 AM

tom daschle concerned on May 26, 2012 at 1:13 AM

Yeah, I have always had colt 1911′s A pain in the ass to clean comparatively though. A fine shooting weapon no doubt. ; )

Bmore on May 26, 2012 at 1:18 AM

SparkPlug on May 26, 2012 at 1:16 AM

What kind of chainsaw? Are you good at sharpening them? I can always use the help. ; )

Bmore on May 26, 2012 at 1:19 AM

Bmore: Thanks!

Logus on May 26, 2012 at 1:20 AM

Thanks for posting that range idiot song logus. That was pretty good.

Reminds me of when i took my mom to the gun store. She picked up an automatic aimed it at me and said bang!

I was mortified.

tom daschle concerned on May 26, 2012 at 1:21 AM

SparkPlug on May 26, 2012 at 1:16 AM

I have random children’s toys scattered around on the floor…

Logus on May 26, 2012 at 1:22 AM

1. I have said he is funny.
2. Tesla dealt with sparks and I am sparkplug

SparkPlug on May 26, 2012 at 1:11 AM

I actually find him entertaining as well, to be honest. (Hmmm… maybe we’re both sock-puppets for Tesla.)

He will actually sometimes post some fairly reasonable arguments, but he trolls just as often. A lot of times he’ll do both at the same time. I don’t mind talking to him when he’s behaving himself. And sometimes I don’t mind playing his stupid games either. But the birther threads are exasperating enough without his antics.

RINO in Name Only on May 26, 2012 at 1:22 AM

We’re becoming more and more like AoSHQ every day…

John the Libertarian on May 25, 2012 at 10:34 PM

LoLz..Looks that way!!..:)

Dire Straits on May 26, 2012 at 1:23 AM

SparkPlug on May 26, 2012 at 1:16 AM

Wicked. That there would scare off Chuck Norris.

4Grace on May 26, 2012 at 1:23 AM

4Grace on May 26, 2012 at 1:17 AM

Today’s Tech Tip:

How to get dried Hungarian Goulash off your computer screen.

1. Strap your screen to the roof of your car.
2. Go into one for those high pressure car washes to loosen it up.
3. Rent a sand blaster and let er rip.

Tomorrows Tech Tip:

How to fix your Screen that has been hit with a freakin sand blaster.

SparkPlug on May 26, 2012 at 1:24 AM

I was mortified.

tom daschle concerned on May 26, 2012 at 1:21 AM

ROFL!

That would have been one of the few times I would have cursed in public.

Thankfully my mother took an “outdoor’s woman” course a couple of years ago. Along with that course she had bought some small shotgun for home protection – not only due to neighborhood burglaries, but there had been a bobcat prowling around (she got a photo of it one day hanging out in the field about a half-acre away from the house.)

Logus on May 26, 2012 at 1:25 AM

What the heck happened to you? I see you. I go to supper and poof! LOL! ; )

Bmore on May 26, 2012 at 1:05 AM

Soory..Famly arrived!!..:)

Dire Straits on May 26, 2012 at 1:26 AM

RINO in Name Only on May 26, 2012 at 1:22 AM

Wow. I thought I was the only weirdo that thought we was at times funny. He does a kind of performance art but only nutjobs like me appreciate it. And you too apparently.

SparkPlug on May 26, 2012 at 1:26 AM

What the heck happened to you? I see you. I go to supper and poof! LOL! ; )

Bmore on May 26, 2012 at 1:05 AM

Soory..Family arrived!!..:)

Dire Straits on May 26, 2012 at 1:26 AM

Fixed..:)

Dire Straits on May 26, 2012 at 1:26 AM

Hey rkeller, Especially, if Mitt is brave enough to say,” we’re not in a recession any longer, but in a depression, because of what Obama and his buddies have done over the past 3 1/2 years” and get it across to a majority of people. If Mitt can get that across without Obama having really complete MSM coverage, that’s game, set, and match.

bigmike on May 26, 2012 at 1:27 AM

PETER BAKER

Crap I did the reading from bottom to top this evening. I missed this little gem. Well actually its a rehash. So I will say this about Rmoney™s team. If they can keep up the quick response vids. They will do just fine. Its the highlight of Rmoney’s campaign so far. 0 well, 0 is just crumbling before your very eyes. Good Times! Could have been better. But still Good Times! 0 is done, So Done!

Bmore on May 26, 2012 at 1:28 AM

We’re becoming more and more like AoSHQ every day…

John the Libertarian on May 25, 2012 at 10:34 PM

LoLz..Looks that way!!..:)

Dire Straits on May 26, 2012 at 1:23 AM

I missed that comment.

Meh, why not eh?

I used to spend gobs of time on a message board. I seem inclined to them, and a site like this with fixed members and fixed topics seems to lend itself nicely, allowing members to ramble, specifically on posts like this one.

Logus on May 26, 2012 at 1:28 AM

Anyone watch the latest sherlock holmes? How did he do it? I actually went online to see other peoples theories.
tom daschle

We love the new series and we love all things Sherlock.

Looked on-line for how Sherlock survived as well.
We have no idea how it was done.

I enjoy this as much as Downton Abbey and sad at the end of the show when there’s no more to watch.

Typicalwhitewoman on May 26, 2012 at 1:29 AM

SparkPlug on May 26, 2012 at 1:24 AM

Haha. You really need to put together a little book of those Tech Tips. And maybe a calendar. It’ll be yuuuuge (as Trump would say). You’ll make millions.

4Grace on May 26, 2012 at 1:29 AM

Bmore on May 26, 2012 at 1:05 AM

Soory..Famly arrived!!..:)

Dire Straits on May 26, 2012 at 1:26 AM

Hot Air comes before family.

SparkPlug on May 26, 2012 at 1:29 AM

Ooops forgot my Rmoney™, sorry Rmoney™ fans. I meant nothing by it. ; )

Bmore on May 26, 2012 at 1:29 AM

4Grace on May 26, 2012 at 1:15 AM

…I swear I’m going to get these newbies to do what the veterans in the past have done…there’s plenty of conversation to be had between cons and indies and libs here…social and fiscal…ADULTS…who may get testy with each other but usually understand that’s all it is… “a difference”! We all put on our pants one leg at a time. We can do without the hijackers…or narcissist’s. Let them talk to themselves for a few days…there’s plenty of other blogs to get their kicks, and they GO.

KOOLAID2 on May 26, 2012 at 1:29 AM

Soory..Family arrived!!..:)

Dire Straits on May 26, 2012 at 1:26 AM

Ahh, good for you, family is first. ; ) I left you a QOTD song up thread somewhere. I think I had posted it before. So no big whoop.

Bmore on May 26, 2012 at 1:31 AM

4Grace on May 26, 2012 at 1:03 AM

Sorry!..Family!!..:)

PS..I wonder why no one has played this band!..I thought they were awesome!..:)

Dire Straits on May 26, 2012 at 1:31 AM

Bmore on May 26, 2012 at 1:31 AM

I’ll catch it!..:)

Dire Straits on May 26, 2012 at 1:32 AM

Whatz up HA late night crew?

bazil9 on May 26, 2012 at 1:33 AM

Logus on May 26, 2012 at 1:28 AM

I hear you!..Thumbs up!..:)

Dire Straits on May 26, 2012 at 1:34 AM

Dire, I am glam rock fan #1- cant stand Bon Jovi.

bazil9 on May 26, 2012 at 1:34 AM

Fixed..:)

Dire Straits on May 26, 2012 at 1:26 AM

Boy I blew that one!..:)

Dire Straits on May 26, 2012 at 1:35 AM

Well I have done an awful lot of commenting for one night sorry, I don’t want to be that guy. So. I leave through the same door I came in.

Good Night All.

Bmore on May 26, 2012 at 1:36 AM

PS..I wonder why no one has played this band!..I thought they were awesome!..:)

Dire Straits on May 26, 2012 at 1:31 AM

No worries. Enjoy the family time.

P.S. Yes, good tune. Used to listen to them a LOT in the 80s.

4Grace on May 26, 2012 at 1:36 AM

I=I’ll Yep.

Bmore on May 26, 2012 at 1:36 AM

bazil9 on May 26, 2012 at 1:34 AM

Okay..Nothing wrong with that!..:)

Dire Straits on May 26, 2012 at 1:36 AM

Filter: Hey man Nice Shot

Industrial Rock.

SparkPlug on May 26, 2012 at 1:37 AM

The best time to eat a burrito is right now.

SparkPlug on May 26, 2012 at 1:13 AM

I agree anytime is good… lol..this struck me funny. Maybe something prompted this. I didnt see it..made me laugh. Random.

bazil9 on May 26, 2012 at 1:37 AM

bazil9 on May 26, 2012 at 1:33 AM

Hey, gal. I was wondering if you’d swing by tonight. How’s life?

4Grace on May 26, 2012 at 1:38 AM

Dire Straits on May 26, 2012 at 1:36 AM

They just were faux hair band. A little too boppy and clean. :)

bazil9 on May 26, 2012 at 1:39 AM

Goodnight, Bmore.

4Grace on May 26, 2012 at 1:39 AM

Whatz up HA late night crew?

bazil9 on May 26, 2012 at 1:33 AM

Make sure that you catch up with my musical selections this evening; they have the Bmore Seal of Approval!

ExpressoBold on May 26, 2012 at 1:40 AM

bazil9 is here. Lets Party.

SparkPlug on May 26, 2012 at 1:40 AM

4Grace on May 26, 2012 at 1:38 AM

Howdy Miss Grace. Life is life :)

Good to see you. How is Tx? Hot? Hotter then hell here..early this year.

bazil9 on May 26, 2012 at 1:40 AM

SparkPlug on May 26, 2012 at 1:24 AM

rofl..I’ll have to bill Bmore for another monitor!..:)

Dire Straits on May 26, 2012 at 1:40 AM