Video: Chris Matthews pretty tired of “jackasses” goofing on him for getting a thrill over Obama

posted at 8:41 pm on May 24, 2012 by Allahpundit

Via the Examiner, what’s the best part? The palpable bitterness in his tone or the fact that he’s taking his frustration out on the most mild-mannered creature in the media universe, a C-SPAN anchor? As you watch him solemnly lament the fact that a man might be mocked for Loving America Too Much, remember that not only does he work for a network that sneers openly at “teabaggers” and their silly tricorned ideas about saving the country before it implodes fiscally, he once dedicated a full hour to scaremongering about grassroots conservatives being some sort of proto-militia. You have to endure that while he has to endure occasional “leg tingles” jokes. And meanwhile, the rap sheet for MSNBC’s darlings in OWS gets longer and longer and longer. We all love America in different ways, I guess.

Make sure to watch to the end for him idly wondering about the “orientation” of people who accuse him of feeling tingly when he listens to O. That’s the first clip; the second clip, from today’s “Hardball,” is — well, it’s just the greatest political interview ever.

Chris Matthews: Jackasses, Stop Asking About Obama Speech from National Cable and Telecommunications Association on FORA.tv

Visit msnbc.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Matthews doesn’t have the intelligence to do his job. I feel sorry for him.

forest on May 25, 2012 at 12:29 AM

I KNEW I should have gone to his speaking engagement at the Reagan Library several months ago, just to heckle the hell out of him.
Seriously, his speech was to be about the lamentable lack of comity in political discourse – get that? The clown that’s spewed invective and made a mockery of every Presidential debate he’s defecated upon gave a speech bemoaning the harshness of partisan politics. The damned hack.
It would have been well worth the expense, embarassment and upset to stand up and read off some of his worst anti-right garbage and cry ‘J’Accuse!’, right to his face.

/I wonder if he’s on Twitter. The one good wy you can get in these cretins’ faces, anymore.

rayra on May 25, 2012 at 12:31 AM

Francis! District Court! Sexual Harassment!

cane_loader on May 25, 2012 at 4:04 AM

If there were one media figure who needed to be mocked – well, aside from Jon Stewart – it’d be Chris Matthews.

I bet Sarah Palin would pound him at Jeopardy. Actually, I’d pay to watch that.

Sharr on May 24, 2012 at 8:58 PM

I’d pay more to see her take on Matthews, Maher and Letterman… and let them collaborate on their answers.

The crying would have Noah running for the ark.

cane_loader on May 25, 2012 at 4:06 AM

Chrissy, better to be a “right wing horse’s ass” than a “left-wing what comes out of a horse’s ass”. I’m just saying…

golfer1 on May 25, 2012 at 6:57 AM

No Chrissy, you are not a traditional American. Real traditional Americans get and mostly agree with Sarah Palin. You on the other hand, do nothing but denigrate, demean, and despise her. Bottom line Chrissy, your just another proper perspective deceiver who cannot tell the whole truth or report the whole truth. YOU are what is wrong with America! That’s why you lie continuously for the divisive Great Odogma. Only the easily mentally manipulated cannot see through your pseudo-journalistic propaganda. I for one am sick and tired of your mindlessness.

wtng2fish on May 25, 2012 at 7:12 AM

Francis! District Court! Sexual Harassment!

cane_loader on May 25, 2012 at 4:04 AM

The “Gary Powers” answer was classic Matthews. He seems to think that saying the exact same words again in a louder voice qualifies as being “more specific”.

forest on May 25, 2012 at 7:20 AM

Thin skinned more apt for this dishonest liberal. If these elites had anywhere near the public “scrutiny” Sarah Palin had to endure, they would come apart an find a fetal position to crawl into and cry like little girls.

Tip O’Neil he is not.

FlaMurph on May 25, 2012 at 7:38 AM

First clip made me think worse of Matthews.

Second clip made me think better of Gingrich.

Chuckles3 on May 25, 2012 at 7:50 AM

Didn’t this jackass once deny saying this? Screw you, Chris Matthews.

R. Waher on May 25, 2012 at 8:06 AM

Ah,me- more bitter mewling from drooly Scotch Matthews.

If he ain’t frothing at the mouth and burbling straight stupid, he’s crying in his scotch n’ wheaties about us meanie conservatives.

Truly a gift that keeps on spitting..er, giving.

GrassMudHorsey on May 25, 2012 at 8:59 AM

Chris Matthews is the cranky old man who yells at kids to get off his lawn and insists that FDR once stole his string.

Just out of curiosity, when and where did Matthews’ “thrill” get misinterpreted as “tingle?”

Crusty on May 25, 2012 at 9:23 AM

Maybe someone over at “Hustler” should photo-shop Chris Matthews in place of S. E. Cupp, and he can get a new thrill.

Steve Z on May 25, 2012 at 9:27 AM

Just quit drinking, Chris.

mike0993 on May 25, 2012 at 9:50 AM

Hey, you said it, you own it genius.

jake49 on May 25, 2012 at 10:16 AM

I’m surprised his head didn’t explode from the question.

Chris Matthews WTF Boom

maddmatt on May 25, 2012 at 11:38 AM

Well, I don’t know about “traditional values.” Which traditional value does calling Sarah Palin stupid fall under?

But, apart from the ‘orientation’ part, it wasn’t a bad answer.

Even I am proud that Barack Obama’s story could happen in America. It’s a true testament to the greatness of the US that anybody can be anything here.

If only Barack’s story could have ended BEFORE he became president. . . or we had waited about 20 years ’till he actually had some experience . . .

Pablo Snooze on May 25, 2012 at 1:32 PM

Maybe it would be better if they wished you that your head would explode like a Bond villain?

Axeman on May 25, 2012 at 3:14 PM

well we have two choices, either
A. Tingles up my legs. or
B. Alec I will take Sh*t I dont know anything about (AKA everything ) for $ 200.00.

ColdWarrior57 on May 25, 2012 at 3:36 PM

I guess it takes a jackass to know one.

I would add that “bullying, boorish pig” comes to mind when I see CM’s picture . . . but that is an insult to pigs.

EdmundBurke247 on May 25, 2012 at 4:21 PM

Matthews has it backwards. It’s his party that, very fittingly, has a JACKASS for a party symbol!?! Which, of course, makes ole Chris a JACKASS!?!

Colatteral Damage on May 25, 2012 at 6:40 PM