Quotes of the day

posted at 10:41 pm on May 24, 2012 by Allahpundit

US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton on Thursday denounced as “unjust and unwarranted” the treatment of a Pakistani doctor who was jailed for 33 years for helping in the hunt for Osama bin Laden…

The chief US diplomat said Afridi’s role “was instrumental in taking down one of the world’s most wanted murderers. That was clearly in Pakistan’s interest, as well as ours and the rest of the world’s.”…

Her remarks were stronger than those given Wednesday by State Department spokeswoman Victoria Nuland who said Pakistan had “no basis for Dr. Afridi to be held.”

***

Two Senate committees today took the first legislative steps to cut aid to Pakistan after that country’s conviction of Dr. Shakil Afridi, who aided American intelligence in its mission to kill Osama bin Laden…

The Senate Appropriations Committee cut Pakistan’s assistance by the symbolic amount of $33 million – $1 million for each year Afridi’s sentence

The committee approved the amendment, offered by Sen. Lindsey Graham, R-S.C., by a unanimous 30-0 vote. The funds would continue to be withheld until Afridi gets released from prison and cleared of all charges relating to his assistance in locating bin Laden.

***

“He was not and is not a spy for our country. This was not a crime against Pakistan. It was an effort and locate and help bring to justice the world’s No. 1 terrorist,” [Feinstein] said. “This conviction says to be that al Qaeda is viewed by the court to be Pakistan … I don’t know which side of the war Pakistan is on.”…

“It is Alice in Wonderland, at best, but it is outrageous in itself. If this is cooperation, I would hate like heck to see opposition,” Leahy said…

“Pakistan is a schizophrenic at best ally,” Graham said as he introduced the amendment to cut funding over the Afridi situation. “They are helping the Haqqani network … which is basically a mob trying to take over parts of Afghanistan. And the ISI constantly provides assistance in Quetta on the Pakistani side of the border.”

“The situation with the doctor is a classic example of not understanding the world the way it is,” Graham said. “We need Pakistan, but we don’t need a Pakistan that cannot see the justice in bringing bin Laden to an end.”

***

Former U.S. intelligence officers accused the Obama administration of dropping the ball on the case of the Pakistani doctor sentenced to 33 years in prison for helping find Usama bin Laden — with one openly challenging the State Department’s claim that it pressed his case “regularly” with Islamabad…

Peter Brookes, a former analyst and adviser with several intelligence agencies who is now a senior fellow with the Heritage Foundation, told Fox News on Thursday that the U.S. should have had a plan to get him out of Pakistan immediately following the raid…

“From what I’m hearing, we did pretty much nothing,” [former military intelligence officer Lt. Col. Tony Shaffer] said. “We did nothing diplomatically at all, didn’t raise a finger. … From what my sources tell me, we did nothing to try and help this guy.”

He and Brookes expressed concern that Afridi’s plight could make it more difficult to convince foreign sources to work with U.S. intelligence on counterterror missions in the future.

***

Pakistan’s clear message to the U.S.: don’t violate our sovereignty. Its message to its own citizens: don’t even think about cooperating with the CIA. To ensure that Afridi would be found guilty and sentenced harshly, Islamabad arranged to have him tried in a government court presided over by a tribal political agent in consultation with a council of elders under the 19th-century Frontier Crimes Regulations that were drawn up by the British colonial power at the time. Under the FCR, the court is not subject to the Pakistani constitution, and its sentences are usually harsher than those handed down by the mainstream Pakistani court system. Nor can the sentences of tribal courts be appealed in normal Pakistani courts. Once sentenced, Afridi was transferred immediately out of the Khyber tribal agency and thrown into the Central Prison in Peshawar.

The government insists it will ensure his safety. But many Pakistanis are not so sure. In the court of public opinion, he is seen as a traitor. Not surprisingly, the Pakistani Taliban praised the sentence. “In my heart I wanted to kiss feet of the political agent for punishing Shakil with a lifelong prison term,” Janfida Wazir, a Pakistani Taliban commander from the South Waziristan tribal agency, tells The Daily Beast. “Our mujahideen, Sheik Osama’s family, and I are very happy with the great judgment of the political agent.”

Wazir also says militants are determined to kidnap or kill Afridi if they get the chance. “Shakil is a dead man already,” he says. “The government can’t build a separate jail for him.” Afghans and Pakistanis who are cooperating with the U.S. eventually will meet Afridi’s fate and be abandoned by the U.S., adds Wazir. “What happened to Afridi is a good lesson for those puppets of the U.S. in Afghanistan and Pakistan,” he says. “They will be thrown away like rubbish after the U.S. has achieved its goals.”

***

Shakil Afridi, the Pakistani doctor who helped the CIA collect data that led to the killing of Osama bin Laden, was convicted of high treason today and sentenced to 33 years in prison. Given the severity of the sentence, it’s worth considering a few of the people who the Pakistani justice system has not seen fit to put behind bars:

Hafiz Saeed

The head of a banned charity widely believed to be a front for the international terrorist group Lashkar-e-Taiba is wanted by both India and the United States for his alleged role in orchestrated the 2008 Mumbai attacks. The Lahore High Court dropped all charges against Saeed in 2009. Last month, the U.S. offered a $10 million reward for information leading to Saeed’s arrest, which raised some eyebrows since he’s not in hiding. Saeed held a press conference inviting U.S. authorities to come and get him.

Abdul Qadeer Khan

Despite having admitted to selling nuclear secrets to North Korea, Iran, and Libya, A.Q. Khan was freed from house arrest in 2009. The father of Pakistan’s nuclear program has been officially pardoned and is now immune from further prosecution.

***

***

Comments

Comment pages: 1 3 4 5 6 7

Why? Eisenhower trusted Stalin, that’s why, per Ms.Albright. Churchill trusted Stalin too, as did Roosevelt and I can’t remember why he turned on him. I’ll have to look in the book.

I believe that Allen Dulles worked with Ms.Albright’s father, Josef Korbel.

JPeterman on May 25, 2012 at 2:02 AM

Eisenhower probably was being the good soldier and following Roosevelt. According to the book, Churchill, Patton, the British Foreign Office, and the U.S. State Department all advocated a move on Prague. I’m not sure that Roosevelt lived long enough to turn on “Uncle Joe” Stalin, since he died before the end of the war, leaving Truman to prosecute its conclusion. The Soviets made their intentions clear within a year or so of the war’s end. Czechoslovakia’s government wasn’t overthrown by a Soviet-backed regime until 1948, no?

Someone said– Napoleon or someone like him– “whoever controls Bohemia controls Europe.” Stalin knew that.

de rigueur on May 25, 2012 at 2:13 AM

Bmore…I believe you are collecting socks…LMAO!

tom daschle concerned on May 25, 2012 at 2:05 AM

OK, that was funny.

4Grace on May 25, 2012 at 2:13 AM

It Tax increase, err I mean Fire season again in California….

Say, that sure is a nice house/community/town you guys got there, sure would be a damned shame if it burnt to the ground.

SWalker on May 25, 2012 at 2:13 AM

4Grace on May 25, 2012 at 2:13 AM

And I’m not going to fix my screwed up quotes thingy. I’ll just have another beer.

4Grace on May 25, 2012 at 2:14 AM

de rigueur on May 25, 2012 at 2:04 AM

thx re Huck. Now about the allies letting the soviets take over E. Europe. My understanding is that dirty deed was done at Yalta 1944.
Roosevelt was sick and in no position to exert strong leadership.

Also Madeline Notbright is the very last person that I would consider her take on history. Didn’t she have something to do with Kim No Long Dong in N Korea. Her, Clinton, Barry, and Clinton have done enough damage.

arnold ziffel on May 25, 2012 at 2:15 AM

tom daschle concerned on May 25, 2012 at 2:11 AM

Your link didn’t work, even after I typed http:// in front of it. (?)

RedCrow on May 25, 2012 at 2:15 AM

Well folks, I think its pretty obvious what has been going on with this thread tonight. Good times! Any how its late. I leaving for holiday tomorrow in the a.m. I would like to thank all of the fine folks who served us in the Armed forces. May all blessings be bestowed to you. You gave us your all. We can never repay the debt.

Good Night All.

Bmore on May 25, 2012 at 2:15 AM

SWalker on May 25, 2012 at 2:13 AM

Nice blog, where doe the phrase ‘Wilderness of Mirrors’ come from?

tom daschle concerned on May 25, 2012 at 2:16 AM

I’m great. It IS lively. I stepped away to get a beverage and now I’m having a hard time catching up. LOL

4Grace on May 25, 2012 at 2:07 AM

I can never keep up. And then I learned the other night that some of you have several monitors on for this thread, lol! I give up!

de rigueur on May 25, 2012 at 2:16 AM

4Grace on May 25, 2012 at 2:14 AM

Hear!..Hear!..Smart lady!..:)

Dire Straits on May 25, 2012 at 2:17 AM

tom daschle concerned on May 25, 2012 at 2:11 AM

Your link didn’t work, even after I typed http:// in front of it. (?)

RedCrow on May 25, 2012 at 2:15 AM

It was just a link for our symphony orchestra.

tom daschle concerned on May 25, 2012 at 2:17 AM

Ah, and may the HA silly man bring you this tune.

uncommon sense on May 25, 2012 at 2:13 AM

The start reminds me of Napoleon Dynamite. Lol.

Good tune, though.

RedCrow on May 25, 2012 at 2:17 AM

Have a good holiday, Bmore. You’ll have to ‘splain me what went on on this thread when you get back.

de rigueur on May 25, 2012 at 2:17 AM

Bmore on May 25, 2012 at 2:15 AM

Have a safe holiday, and if you get the chance I think you’ll appreciate the first song I linked to Mike, goes with the spirt. Be well my friend.

uncommon sense on May 25, 2012 at 2:18 AM

Later Friend!..Enjoyed it!..:)

Dire Straits on May 25, 2012 at 2:18 AM

Fixed!..:)

Dire Straits on May 25, 2012 at 2:19 AM

I=I’m ; )

Bmore on May 25, 2012 at 2:19 AM

Hope you all enjoy your day off on Monday, union laborers like me will just be slaving to the man for double-time and a half…

tom daschle concerned on May 25, 2012 at 2:20 AM

Fixed!..:)

Dire Straits on May 25, 2012 at 2:19 AM

See you soon Dire. Its either them or me. Time will tell. ; ) Good night friend.

Bmore on May 25, 2012 at 2:20 AM

It was just a link for our symphony orchestra.

tom daschle concerned on May 25, 2012 at 2:17 AM

Well, I got a hook the second time!
Looking for the tunes–I LOVE classical music! (Honest!)

I didn’t know you were a musician. That’s pretty cool. What instrument do you play?

RedCrow on May 25, 2012 at 2:21 AM

How can I put this. You spend too much of your life worrying about such foolishness. BMore is a bloody fool, period; end of story. Now you two have fun. You hear?

kenny on May 25, 2012 at 1:58 AM

So what was your old troll name before kenny, ebola or shinola?

arnold ziffel on May 25, 2012 at 2:04 AM

And so from your insult, one assumes an endorsement of your boy BMoron. Have at it, If BMoron wishes to play A-Dog and you wish to roll over, be my guest. I have watched his performance long enough that I smell something. Have to say, thought better of you.

kenny on May 25, 2012 at 2:21 AM

Night Bmore. Why you always causing trouble? :)

arnold ziffel on May 25, 2012 at 2:21 AM

Bmore on May 25, 2012 at 2:15 AM

Goodnight, B. Have a great trip.

4Grace on May 25, 2012 at 2:22 AM

angrymike on May 25, 2012 at 2:12 AM

Oops…um…Grace is in charge!
Nite, Mike!

RedCrow on May 25, 2012 at 2:22 AM

arnold ziffel on May 25, 2012 at 2:15 AM

I haven’t read her book to which J Peterman alludes, so I can’t say. I agree, I wouldn’t rely on her for a history of diplomacy from, say, Reagan to the present. But the Lukes book might serve as a corrective if she got the Cold War wrong, too.

Yes, I think you’re right about Yalta, but it must have been a very vague understanding if Churchill, the British Foreign Office and U.S. State Department were all for our reaching Prague first. My guess is that Eisnehower answered directly to the Commander in Chief and went with his “understanding” of the future of eastern Europe.

de rigueur on May 25, 2012 at 2:23 AM

4Grace on May 25, 2012 at 2:14 AM

and on that note, I think I’ll join you, as I need a beer. While I’m gone, for your hard core listening pleasure :)

uncommon sense on May 25, 2012 at 2:23 AM

Good afternoon/morning/evening ladies and gentlemen.

SpaceX Dragon is preparing for berthing with the International Space Station later today. It’s being covered on livestream if you’re interested.

DarkCurrent on May 25, 2012 at 2:23 AM

de rigueur on May 25, 2012 at 2:16 AM

Not me. My PC died, so it’s just the laptop for me. And a demon-possessed laptop at that.

4Grace on May 25, 2012 at 2:23 AM

Have to say, thought better of you.

kenny on May 25, 2012 at 2:21 AM

I’ve never thought of you, at all.
Who the F*** are you, dummy?

RedCrow on May 25, 2012 at 2:24 AM

Well, I got a hook the second time!
Looking for the tunes–I LOVE classical music! (Honest!)

RedCrow on May 25, 2012 at 2:21 AM

Trumpet. I’m not in the Symphony…

When I said ‘our’ I was doing some municipal boasting! STL has few good things going for it. Powell Hall and the Symphony are at the top. Next to the Zoo…of course :)

tom daschle concerned on May 25, 2012 at 2:24 AM

kenny on May 25, 2012 at 2:21 AM

Sorry to hear that. I don’t know what happened earlier tonight but Bmore is my friend, and a very thoughtful man—-and I can think for myself and don’t roll over. I always thought you were ok as well. I’ll leave it at that.

arnold ziffel on May 25, 2012 at 2:25 AM

Technology and asymmetric warfare has changed the instruments of power. You don’t have to mobilize a nation into a street-fighting war machine as before. You just need to get the keys to the arsenal.

John the Libertarian on May 25, 2012 at 2:07 AM

See, that’s sounds more “end of history” than anything I’ve heard either the neo-pacifist Left or non-interventionist Right say.

Power is, as it always has been, defined by men, with boots on the ground and weapons in their hands, telling people what to do. And to employ such men, and to buy them their boots and weapons, requires productive economies on a nation-state scale.

We can do that. Europe can do that (although I must admit, the prospects of a EU Army are dimming by the minute). China can do that. And we can all do it so much that we are serious threats to one another, should we ever choose to be.

Islam cannot. There may have been a time prior to the birth of the modern nation-state that they could have. But now? Most of their resources are spent controlling their own people. For them to try to do so with other people would be a fool’s errand.

And I don’t want to see scarce national security resources spent on an illusory menace. Not when we are this deep in debt, and our primary creditor is an actual, genuine, balance-of-power competitor.

JohnGalt23 on May 25, 2012 at 2:27 AM

DarkCurrent on May 25, 2012 at 2:23 AM

Sweet…I’m not stayin’ up no way this time, though. Lol.
(Still totally awesome.)

RedCrow on May 25, 2012 at 2:27 AM

Have to say, thought better of you.

kenny on May 25, 2012 at 2:21 AM

I’m not taking sides in this because I haven’t been following. I think I’ve seen your nym before — what are your politics? Do you believe, as I do, that Obama will finally usher us into a utopia of hope and change and unity if we just give him four more years?

John the Libertarian on May 25, 2012 at 2:27 AM

SWalker on May 25, 2012 at 2:13 AM

Nice blog, where doe the phrase ‘Wilderness of Mirrors’ come from?

tom daschle concerned on May 25, 2012 at 2:16 AM

That’s your blog, SWalker? “Wilderness of Mirrors”? Prolific!

de rigueur on May 25, 2012 at 2:27 AM

Here’s my musical contribution. I made the video last fall across the river from home.

DarkCurrent on May 25, 2012 at 2:28 AM

Oops…um…Grace is in charge!
Nite, Mike!

RedCrow on May 25, 2012 at 2:22 AM

LOL. I’ll hunt you down, RC.

4Grace on May 25, 2012 at 2:28 AM

tom daschle concerned on May 25, 2012 at 2:24 AM

Ah. Well, as an ex-jock (who NEVER stuffed anyone in a locker), I wish I had learned a musical instrument when I was a kid.

I think it’s pretty important stuff, now. (Back then, everyone considered them band-f*gs…Sometimes, kids are dumb.)

RedCrow on May 25, 2012 at 2:30 AM

LOL. I’ll hunt you down, RC.

4Grace on May 25, 2012 at 2:28 AM

Hunt away, mon cherie. (Lol)

RedCrow on May 25, 2012 at 2:30 AM

Sweet…I’m not stayin’ up no way this time, though. Lol.
(Still totally awesome.)

RedCrow on May 25, 2012 at 2:27 AM

The actual berthing should come sometime after 08:00 EST. Timeline here.

DarkCurrent on May 25, 2012 at 2:30 AM

Have to say, thought better of you.

kenny on May 25, 2012 at 2:21 AM

I’ve never thought of you, at all.
Who the F*** are you, dummy?

RedCrow on May 25, 2012 at 2:24 AM

What the h*ll, late to the thread and there is already garbage thrown around? SOmeone is going to have to clean up this mess, cause you just never know

lovingmyUSA on May 25, 2012 at 2:30 AM

DarkCurrent on May 25, 2012 at 2:28 AM

I have a friend from Taiwan whose family own rights to Ali Mountain.

Needless to say I have Kilos of green tea from Ali.

tom daschle concerned on May 25, 2012 at 2:31 AM

uncommon sense on May 25, 2012 at 2:23 AM

I tried dancing to it. Was that my first mistake? ;)

4Grace on May 25, 2012 at 2:32 AM

RedCrow on May 25, 2012 at 2:21 AM

my I regal you with this then, my friend.

uncommon sense on May 25, 2012 at 2:32 AM

4Grace on May 25, 2012 at 2:23 AM

But… you’re… 4Grace! Can’t you lay your hands on the laptop? What’s it doing?

de rigueur on May 25, 2012 at 2:32 AM

DarkCurrent on May 25, 2012 at 2:28 AM

Very good vid. Watched the ISS the other morning 04:24 Wed., central CA, awesome. It was hauling ass across the night sky.

arnold ziffel on May 25, 2012 at 2:32 AM

DarkCurrent on May 25, 2012 at 2:28 AM

Very cool!

lovingmyUSA on May 25, 2012 at 2:32 AM

DarkCurrent on May 25, 2012 at 2:23 AM

Evening, DC. Everything going smoothly with the flight so far?

4Grace on May 25, 2012 at 2:33 AM

my I regal you with this then, my friend.

uncommon sense on May 25, 2012 at 2:32 AM

Love Holst. I hope this music doesn’t die in our digital and i need it now culture.

tom daschle concerned on May 25, 2012 at 2:34 AM

JohnGalt23 on May 25, 2012 at 2:27 AM

Then, if I were you, I’d be more apt to want to shut down our bases in illusory threat areas such as Germany and South Korea, pull out of the Pacific Rim, and to concentrate our resources on stabilizing and securing oil-producing nations such as are in the Middle East. Oh, and when we do, we might want to take a hard look at this destabilizing influence of radical Islam, who could, Allah willing, take control of the instruments of power and mobilize their people into the glorious foot-soldier army that you seem to prize so much.

You really should read Steyn’s book, America Alone. The Muslims are employing non-obvious means of encroachment, as they did in Northern Africa and into Southern Europe, which was the catalyst for the Crusades.

But I’ll tell you what. Obama ran on an isolationist ideology (heck, Iran’s no threat to us!) in 2008, and then abruptly did a 180 degrees and got ridiculously interventionist when he became President. I wonder why that was? You think maybe he finally got access to the security reports and was completely freaked out what he discovered?

John the Libertarian on May 25, 2012 at 2:35 AM

DarkCurrent on May 25, 2012 at 2:28 AM

Dude…….I like it!

lovingmyUSA on May 25, 2012 at 2:30 AM

And, you must know me ’cause that’s an easy one! (Lol) (Seriously, though, I don’t know that guy (gal) just “dissin’ on Bmore”, and, well, not sure that he had it comin’.)

RedCrow on May 25, 2012 at 2:36 AM

tom daschle concerned on May 25, 2012 at 2:34 AM

Our middle school band just played that for their competition, so for now we are safe, next year they are doing Mars, my son has a lot of trumpet work to learn :)

uncommon sense on May 25, 2012 at 2:36 AM

I have a friend from Taiwan whose family own rights to Ali Mountain.

Needless to say I have Kilos of green tea from Ali.

tom daschle concerned on May 25, 2012 at 2:31 AM

I hear it’s a very scenic area.

DarkCurrent on May 25, 2012 at 2:36 AM

John the Libertarian on May 25, 2012 at 2:35 AM

MichaelJordan23 hasn’t demonstrated an iota of understanding of politics, Islam, the west, or anything else.

But RON PAUL WILL SLAVE THE UNIVERST@!!#$#@$#%^457

tom daschle concerned on May 25, 2012 at 2:37 AM

I tried dancing to it. Was that my first mistake? ;)

4Grace on May 25, 2012 at 2:32 AM

Could be, as I doubt that you have a mosh pit in your living room :)

uncommon sense on May 25, 2012 at 2:38 AM

I made the video last fall across the river from home.

DarkCurrent on May 25, 2012 at 2:28 AM

Way cool, DC!

4Grace on May 25, 2012 at 2:38 AM

I hear it’s a very scenic area.

DarkCurrent on May 25, 2012 at 2:36 AM

That China must own…of course.

tom daschle concerned on May 25, 2012 at 2:38 AM

4Grace on May 25, 2012 at 2:14 AM

Here are two of my favorite TX boys together.

arnold ziffel on May 25, 2012 at 2:40 AM

arnold ziffel on May 25, 2012 at 2:32 AM

Thanks. That’s very cool. I wish I could have seen it. It’s been cloudy here all week and unfortunately I don’t think they plan to loiter near the station after unberthing. I’ll have to wait for next time.

DarkCurrent on May 25, 2012 at 2:40 AM

I tried dancing to it. Was that my first mistake? ;)

4Grace on May 25, 2012 at 2:32 AM

Lol!……(Lol!)

uncommon sense on May 25, 2012 at 2:32 AM

I like it, but this is my favorite. Know, too, that I HATE OPERA! (HATE!!!) Love the “choral voices” in this. Beautiful!

RedCrow on May 25, 2012 at 2:40 AM

my I regal you with this then, my friend.

uncommon sense on May 25, 2012 at 2:32 AM

Love that piece. And when you have a chance, compare the opening of Mars, Bringer of War with the opening attack scene of Star Wars IV (the 1977 original).

Funny, I tried to link to a Youtube clip of the opening and it’s been re-mixed for rerelease! The music is now played waaay under the sound effects of laser cannon fire. Pity. Lucas wanted to use the Holst music in the movie (he cut the opening scene to it), but John Williams talked Lucas into using an original track, which Williams wrote along the lines of Holst’s “Mars.”

de rigueur on May 25, 2012 at 2:40 AM

lovingmyUSA on May 25, 2012 at 2:30 AM

Beck! Cool.

4Grace on May 25, 2012 at 2:41 AM

John the Libertarian on May 25, 2012 at 2:27 AM

Sorry that you don’t see my occasional satires at Dinkhead Obama. I don’t spend all my time posting here, or anywhere, but occasionally I post satires of the jerk, but nobody apparently gets what I am doing. Many times have remarked on his marvelous backdrop in the East Room, which is bright gold with Moslem incriptions, presumably intent on presenting to the Moslem world “We Like You” I am probably one of the few that noticed in 2009, it replaced the previous American Flags.

kenny on May 25, 2012 at 2:41 AM

After playing this tune last night it is stuck in my head!..:)

Dire Straits on May 25, 2012 at 2:42 AM

Very cool!

lovingmyUSA on May 25, 2012 at 2:32 AM

Way cool, DC!

4Grace on May 25, 2012 at 2:38 AM

Thank you!

Evening, DC. Everything going smoothly with the flight so far?

4Grace on May 25, 2012 at 2:33 AM

Everything seems to be going perfectly.

DarkCurrent on May 25, 2012 at 2:43 AM

RedCrow on May 25, 2012 at 2:40 AM

I have always had a soft spot for this.

uncommon sense on May 25, 2012 at 2:43 AM

Sorry that you don’t see my occasional satires at Dinkhead Obama.

kenny on May 25, 2012 at 2:41 AM

I like where you’re going with this.

John the Libertarian on May 25, 2012 at 2:43 AM

The vocal starts at about 6:20 on the Ode die Freude link.

RedCrow on May 25, 2012 at 2:44 AM

But… you’re… 4Grace! Can’t you lay your hands on the laptop? What’s it doing?

de rigueur on May 25, 2012 at 2:32 AM

If the cursor hovers over anything for more than a nano-second, it selects it. I’ve tried following instructions for a too-sensitive keyboard, but to no avail. It’s the freaking cursor and it’s driving me insane.

4Grace on May 25, 2012 at 2:45 AM

After playing this tune last night it is stuck in my head!..:)

Dire Straits on May 25, 2012 at 2:42 AM

that is cool, but you might also enjoy this.

uncommon sense on May 25, 2012 at 2:45 AM

DarkCurrent on May 25, 2012 at 2:28 AM

Very cool video. I’ve got a couple of UCLA Chinese film composition students looking for work if you’re making some more.

de rigueur on May 25, 2012 at 2:46 AM

4Grace on May 25, 2012 at 2:45 AM

You should be able to go into the pointer settings and change the time or speed settings.

uncommon sense on May 25, 2012 at 2:46 AM

It’s the freaking cursor and it’s driving me insane.

4Grace on May 25, 2012 at 2:45 AM

Using a finger pad or mouse? Hmmm… maybe you’re giving off too much heat…

de rigueur on May 25, 2012 at 2:48 AM

Here are two of my favorite TX boys together.

arnold ziffel on May 25, 2012 at 2:40 AM

Were you posting to a song or a HA article? It’s linking me to a HA thread.

4Grace on May 25, 2012 at 2:49 AM

Using a finger pad or mouse? Hmmm… maybe you’re giving off too much heat…

de rigueur on May 25, 2012 at 2:48 AM

Lol. You may, indeed, be giving off too much heat.

But, if you’re using a mouse, and not the pad, it could be that you need to clean your mouse. (?)

RedCrow on May 25, 2012 at 2:50 AM

uncommon sense on May 25, 2012 at 2:46 AM

It’s not this. ‘Cause it worked before.

RedCrow on May 25, 2012 at 2:51 AM

RedCrow on May 25, 2012 at 2:40 AM

Very nice.

4Grace on May 25, 2012 at 2:51 AM

DarkCurrent on May 25, 2012 at 2:28 AM

Too cool!!

Cindy Munford on May 25, 2012 at 2:51 AM

de rigueur on May 25, 2012 at 2:40 AM

That doesn’t surprise me… by the way, I have always gotten a kick out of your screen name, are you fashion, etiquette, or custom?

uncommon sense on May 25, 2012 at 2:53 AM

I have always had a soft spot for this.

uncommon sense on May 25, 2012 at 2:43 AM

I likes me some Vivaldi!

RedCrow on May 25, 2012 at 2:53 AM

RedCrow on May 25, 2012 at 2:40 AM

If you like choral symphonies, try the last four minutes of this… (4 minutes, you can take it!)… Mahler’s Symphony #2 “Resurrection.” Worth it just to watch the conductor.

de rigueur on May 25, 2012 at 2:55 AM

Dude…….I like it!

RedCrow on May 25, 2012 at 2:36 AM

Thank you!

de rigueur on May 25, 2012 at 2:46 AM

Thanks! I’d like to make more, but I’m afraid I’ll wear out the shutter on my camera.

DarkCurrent on May 25, 2012 at 2:55 AM

It’s not this. ‘Cause it worked before.

RedCrow on May 25, 2012 at 2:51 AM

Not sure, as she says it is happening while hovering. The mouse thing I can understand if it is a ball type device, but if it is a touch pad type input, the sensitivity could be to high, so that a slight tap after moving the pointer is registered.

uncommon sense on May 25, 2012 at 2:56 AM

It goes beyond that. There is an alliance between the Moslems and the Latin American communists, as in Venezuela, Brazil, Bolivia, and Ecuador. This unholy alliance involves Mexican communist(La Raza) in their Reconquista of the US, by way of illegals border crossing, along with Hezbollah.

kenny on May 25, 2012 at 2:57 AM

That China must own…of course.

tom daschle concerned on May 25, 2012 at 2:38 AM

The ridiculous Amithaba-following China apologist will never address this.

tom daschle concerned on May 25, 2012 at 2:59 AM

DarkCurrent on May 25, 2012 at 2:55 AM

Your video was very cool.

uncommon sense on May 25, 2012 at 2:59 AM

uncommon sense on May 25, 2012 at 2:46 AM

I tried. I cannot find anything that helps. The speed setting did not affect it. :(

Using a finger pad or mouse? Hmmm… maybe you’re giving off too much heat…

de rigueur on May 25, 2012 at 2:48 AM

Lol. If there’s any heat, it’s generated by my rage at the stupid thing. (Using a wireless mouse.)

4Grace on May 25, 2012 at 3:00 AM

I likes me some Vivaldi!

RedCrow on May 25, 2012 at 2:53 AM

I have a very funny story about my playing of Vivaldi, if you care to hear?

uncommon sense on May 25, 2012 at 3:01 AM

de rigueur on May 25, 2012 at 2:55 AM

Beautiful. Although, I can’t really hear the words too well. (May be because I know Schiller’s “Ode die Freude” so well. But, I don’t think so–I think the recording mix is off. Too much on the orchestra, and not enough on the chorus.

(But, what the hell do I know?)

I thought it was beautiful, though.

RedCrow on May 25, 2012 at 3:01 AM

kenny on May 25, 2012 at 2:57 AM

I’ve seen a few stories about this. Strange bedfellows that apparently have a united ideology to destroy the U.S. But nothing tangible — or media worthy — has erupted yet.

John the Libertarian on May 25, 2012 at 3:02 AM

uncommon sense on May 25, 2012 at 3:01 AM

Doing my best Stephen Fry, “Tell…tell.”

RedCrow on May 25, 2012 at 3:02 AM

RedCrow on May 25, 2012 at 2:50 AM

I’ve tried that, but will try again. Thanks.

4Grace on May 25, 2012 at 3:03 AM

4Grace on May 25, 2012 at 3:00 AM

I know this will sound silly, but I assume it has a USB adapter for the mouse to work?

uncommon sense on May 25, 2012 at 3:03 AM

uncommon sense on May 25, 2012 at 2:53 AM

Arbitrary choice. A phrase from French class that a high school bud and I used to toss back and forth, sarcastic tongues-in-cheek, whenever we were mocking something, or being told what to do. “C’mon guys, where’s your school spirit?” “It’s de rigueur!”

I think Excelsior! was taken already.

de rigueur on May 25, 2012 at 3:03 AM

The ridiculous Amithaba-following China apologist will never address this.

tom daschle concerned on May 25, 2012 at 2:59 AM

I was trying to keep it light-hearted and friendly today, but if you insist on a response, I’ll just point out that both the PRC and ROC agree that Taiwan is a part of China (ROC also claims Mongolia as well). What they disagree about is which is the legitimate government of China.

And I do believe I told you before I’m not a follower of the Pure Land sect.

DarkCurrent on May 25, 2012 at 3:05 AM

uncommon sense on May 25, 2012 at 2:56 AM

Maybe. Sometimes it’s like you’re Dr. House, with trying to diagnose these things (STICK WITH IT.)

Still, she didn’t describe symptoms previous to the problem.

RedCrow on May 25, 2012 at 3:05 AM