Donors losing enthusiasm for Obama

posted at 6:41 pm on May 24, 2012 by Ed Morrissey

In 2008, Barack Obama drew huge crowds everywhere he went, whether for rallies or for fundraisers.  In 2012 … not so much.  The Weekly Standard and the New York Times report that a Denver fundraiser yesterday afternoon ended up less than 80% of capacity:

According to today’s White House pooler, the New York Times‘s Peter Baker, “The crowd was obviously supportive and glad to see him, though the room at times felt a little flat and Potus seemed a little tired after a long day that’s not even close to being over.” (The president has two more fundraisers tonight in Los Angeles.)

Moreover, the campaign announced that the president “[would] headline a reception for 700 at the Hyatt Regency Denver at the Colorado Convention Center. General admission tickets started at $500 apiece, though a selected number of Gen44 and Grassroots tickets were available for $250.”

The campaign now says, according to the pooler, that only 550 people showed up.

Well, that’s Colorado.  Obama won it in 2008, but it’s a tough state for both parties in national elections.  Surely, Obama’s doing better among his base, right?  According to the Boston Globe, not in Massachusetts:

The number of Massachusetts supporters contributing the maximum to President Obama’s campaign fund has plunged nearly 50 percent compared with his 2008 fledgling run, reflecting a sharp drop in enthusiasm after the president’s first term.

The decline has forced Democrats to make up the difference with bigger contributions from fewer donors. Cash from an elite corps of Massachusetts backers has gushed into the Democratic National Committee, which has much higher contribution limits than the Obama campaign.

What changed?

“It’s harder to get quite as galvanized about his reelection as compared to when he was purely a symbol of incredible promise, without the baggage of four years of reality dragging him down,’’ said Gabor Garai, a Boston attorney and Obama fund-raiser who has tapped a network of contributors for both campaigns. “Today we have an incumbent president who’s had to face some enormous difficulties.’’

Translation: Four years ago, this guy was a cipher.  Now he has a track record.  Obama’s track record makes it a lot more difficult to gin up enthusiasm, especially on Wall Street, thanks to Obama’s attacks on the wealthy and on private equity, as the New York Times explains:

Last week, a few dozen hedge fund and investment executives arrived at the Park Avenue home of Hamilton E. James, president of the private equity firm Blackstone. Each had paid $35,800 to spend two hours at a fund-raiser withPresident Obama, but the timing proved awkward: A few hours earlier, Mr. Obama’s campaign had begun a blistering attack on Mitt Romney’s career in private equity, the same business in which Mr. James has earned his many millions.

“Campaigns do what campaigns have to do,” Mr. James later told friends. But not everyone was as forgiving. “People were incredulous,” said one person who attended the dinner. “They could have waited a week.”

Debates over how much to blame — and regulate — Wall Street have stoked tensions between Democrats and the financial industry ever since Mr. Obama took office amid a financial crisis. But now Mr. Obama is leveraging his bully pulpit and advertising dollars to argue that Mr. Romney’s career as a successful financial executive exhibited values that are not those of a good president.

In doing so, he has not only drawn criticism from allies like Steven L. Rattner, the investor and former adviser on the auto industry, and Cory A. Booker, the mayor of Newark and a favorite of New York’s hedge fund world. Mr. Obama may also be testing a bond first formed by Bill Clinton, who persuaded much of his party’s elite that Democrats could be both populist and friendly to Wall Street.

“I think the consensus, such as it was, has badly eroded under the pressure of events,” said William Galston, a former Clinton adviser who is now a senior fellow at the Brookings Institution. “The depth, the severity, and the length of the Great Recession have exacerbated strains within the country and within the Democratic coalition.”

Actually, it just means the masks have slipped.  Obama is no longer a cipher or a blank screen on which to project one’s own fantasies, but an old-school New Leftist who resorts to class warfare when threatened.  Small wonder, then, that the people who have succeeded in American business have begun to lose enthusiasm for the prospect of another four years of being demonized by the White House.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Stick a fork in it.

newportmike on May 24, 2012 at 6:44 PM

The One is the toast…

d1carter on May 24, 2012 at 6:45 PM

Rich people don’t want to pay some douche to make them poor? Shocker.

Kataklysmic on May 24, 2012 at 6:46 PM

I’m not sending him any money

rik on May 24, 2012 at 6:47 PM

Inauguration Day cannot come too soon.

AshleyTKing on May 24, 2012 at 6:48 PM

How long `til he gets his Hollywood buddies to CGI a crowd in for him? :)

ThePrez on May 24, 2012 at 6:48 PM

I love that quote. There is a country song, “Baggage Claim” by Miranda Lambert…

Actually, it just means the masks have slipped. Obama is no longer a cipher or a blank screen on which to project one’s own fantasies, but an old-school New Leftist who resorts to class warfare when threatened. Small wonder, then, that the people who have succeeded in American business have begun to lose enthusiasm for the prospect of another four years of being demonized by the White House.

Aren’t they worried about being plundered? They should be.

dogsoldier on May 24, 2012 at 6:49 PM

Ain’t REALITY a bitch? But she’s a FAIR bitch!

GarandFan on May 24, 2012 at 6:49 PM

He is burning through cash like crazy and he will be on fumes long before November. Soros may kick in in, but Soros is not stupid with his money and OBlamer looks like a loser.

dogsoldier on May 24, 2012 at 6:51 PM

but an old-school New Leftist

Old and new, huh?

StubbleSpark on May 24, 2012 at 6:52 PM

Rich people don’t want to pay some douche to make them poor? Shocker.

Kataklysmic on May 24, 2012 at 6:46 PM

No, rich people stay rich no matter who is in power…the trick is to help the person in power get elected.
They are beginning to see how the election is moving, and power supports power, the “rich” could care less who is in power, who wins…they support whomever they think is going to be in control. That’s how they retain control, by making sure their name is at the top of the support list for the winner, not the loser.

right2bright on May 24, 2012 at 6:52 PM

That just proves how RACIST all of us Americans are.

listens2glenn on May 24, 2012 at 6:52 PM

Bummer

gophergirl on May 24, 2012 at 6:52 PM

Better check the tire pressure, Barry. Evidently you’re “a little flat.”

BHO Jonestown on May 24, 2012 at 6:53 PM

power supports power, the “rich” could care less who is in power, who wins

As much as I like capitalism, you have to admit those Wall Streeters are pretty soulless and unprincipled.

StubbleSpark on May 24, 2012 at 6:54 PM

It’s difficult for his supporters to donate because they’ve been on unemployment and/or public assistance for so long and they just can’t afford it. Hopenchange bummer.

Philly on May 24, 2012 at 6:54 PM

What changed?

It could be the mask has slipped but I would remind you that there is a really crappy economy out there compared to 2008. Unemployment is up. Gas costs way more. If Obama isn’t living up to his fundraising goals maybe we should track down the guy who made all that happen and take him to task!

What?….Never mind.

Happy Nomad on May 24, 2012 at 6:56 PM

they’re just not that into you.

ted c on May 24, 2012 at 6:58 PM

I hope he fails…

OmahaConservative on May 24, 2012 at 6:58 PM

That line is great. It needs to be a deep voiced narration point in one of Mitts TV ads.

HomeoftheBrave on May 24, 2012 at 7:00 PM

Here comes the toss Uncle Joe under the bus and beg Aunt Shillary to join the ticket, for the good of the party…

Frankly, I think that might awake a sleeping giant…

ladyingray on May 24, 2012 at 7:00 PM

Donors losing enthusiasm for Obama

…well…more than donors have to lose enthusiasm… we have 40+ % to educate in 5 months.

KOOLAID2 on May 24, 2012 at 7:02 PM

Four years ago, this guy was a cipher. Now he has a track record.”

A track record…

… and a “shiny object” making machine.

Seven Percent Solution on May 24, 2012 at 7:03 PM

There is no greater cause or threat to rid this country of this economic terrorist we have occupying this White House. Sorry, my opinion!

jjnco73 on May 24, 2012 at 7:04 PM

Wasn’t the story in 2008 that Obama received most of his donations from the non-rich, the average person, who donated under $100 and their were ma-zillions of donors to Obama?

How is that holding up this year?

albill on May 24, 2012 at 7:04 PM

Like he is an imbecile?

hillsoftx on May 24, 2012 at 7:06 PM

Like in any con, when the marks figure out their being had the marks dry up.

Why do you think Obama spends so much time at the college campuses?

Looking for new marks…. (suckers)

Unfortunately for Obama finding new marks with big money gets harder and harder..

RockyJ. on May 24, 2012 at 7:07 PM

Translation: Four years ago, this guy was a cipher. Now he has a track record.

Oh, he had a track record four years ago. Some of us actually bothered to inform ourselves about it. Of course, the Flying Monkey Media was busying itself with suppressing that record when it wasn’t engaged in idol worship, but it was out there. You just had to look for it.

You know, like a responsible voter.

novaculus on May 24, 2012 at 7:07 PM

But..but..but…The 0 Economy™. What’s to become of his greatest achievement?

Bmore on May 24, 2012 at 7:08 PM

Donors losing enthusiasm for Obama

I seriously need glasses. I read it as

Doors losing enthusiasm for Obama

This is the end. Beautiful friend. — The Doors

Paul-Cincy on May 24, 2012 at 7:09 PM

The mask has slipped and the emporer is indeed naked. I love it when the mighty (in their own mind at any rate) fall because they fall hard and produce so much drama on the way down.

DuctTapeMyBrain on May 24, 2012 at 7:09 PM

Tom Hanks hardest hit…and really glad the check cleared…

BigWyo on May 24, 2012 at 7:10 PM

but chuck todd keeps insisting that dear leader has colorado in the bag….

*shaking the head*

cmsinaz on May 24, 2012 at 7:10 PM

I wonder how you factor in what the MSM does for him? I mean how much less does he need because of the free glowing press?

Cindy Munford on May 24, 2012 at 7:12 PM

To have tingled once and lost is better than never having tingled at all
- Chris Matthews

MrX on May 24, 2012 at 7:13 PM

Are they crying?

There’s no crying in Politics!

portlandon on May 24, 2012 at 7:13 PM

It should help Obama with donations from women, moms and dad etc that the Obama-Holder Justice Department has ordered a college in Arkansas to allow a 38 year old man who feels he is a woman to be able to use the women’s restroom. (Sarcasm alert) So much for a right to privacy and that war on women. This takes the gender gap to a whole new place.

Just think what Obama can accomplish with more “flexibility” after the election!

Congratulation Women!

DVPTexFla on May 24, 2012 at 7:16 PM

Obama rapes you when he wants to rape you.

the_nile on May 24, 2012 at 7:17 PM

In 2008 I donated 25.00 to obama. In 2012 Ive finished school and plan on donating. 250.00 this time. Lets go Team O!

Politricks on May 24, 2012 at 7:18 PM

I hope he fails…

OmahaConservative on May 24, 2012 at 6:58 PM

…(I’m telling Rush that you said that!)

KOOLAID2 on May 24, 2012 at 7:20 PM

I hope he sucks Hollywood DRY!

SMACKRUNNER on May 24, 2012 at 7:20 PM

Politricks on May 24, 2012 at 7:18 PM

I’d ask for my money back from the school.

MrX on May 24, 2012 at 7:20 PM

Politricks on May 24, 2012 at 7:18 PM

…so you are giving up crack for one day?

KOOLAID2 on May 24, 2012 at 7:21 PM

Now THIS is a big F-ing deal………

heh…….

RealMc on May 24, 2012 at 7:21 PM

@ MrX on May 24, 2012 at 7:20 PM

“I’d ask for my money back from the school.”

That MrX, I nominate for QUOTE OF THE DAY…..

RealMc on May 24, 2012 at 7:23 PM

Politricks on May 24, 2012 at 7:18 PM

Good please waste more of your money.

Conservative4ev on May 24, 2012 at 7:23 PM

Politricks on May 24, 2012 at 7:18 PM

Here’s some advice:

Don’t tell any potential employers that you voted for him.

I would never, ever, ever hire an Obama voter, especially a repeat offender.

Resist We Much on May 24, 2012 at 7:24 PM

Politricks on May 24, 2012 at 7:18 PM

Cheapskate…go to $500, he deserves your money, he has done exactly what you wanted him to do…and that’s all you give him for potentially 8 years of work, $275?
You think he is worth just $34.38 a year? That’s less then 3 bucks a month…less than 10 cents a day…good grief, that is all your president is worth? A Starbucks mocha a month?

right2bright on May 24, 2012 at 7:29 PM

Politricks on May 24, 2012 at 7:18 PM

Are you better off now than you were two years ago?

Absolutely.

crr6 on May 30, 2011 at 5:35 PM

Del Dolemonte on May 24, 2012 at 7:34 PM

But, but the People LOVE the Dear Leader!! They must be MADE to turn out for him!!

WannabeAnglican on May 24, 2012 at 7:37 PM

Yeah, Politricks, as right2bright asked:

Obama’s thought so much of you that he has added $21,043.91 to your share of the on-the-book national debt and around $175,000 more off-the-books.

He thinks you are so special. Don’t you want to give him some more? Maybe he can get the amount that you will owe up to $750,000 or even $1 million.

Resist We Much on May 24, 2012 at 7:37 PM

Obama claimed success with small donations from the common folks. I know if he could allow them to put donations on food stamp cards, the donations would be back to the levels of the last election.

seven on May 24, 2012 at 7:39 PM

I would never, ever, ever hire an Obama voter, especially a repeat offender.

Resist We Much on May 24, 2012 at 7:24 PM

There is a joke about an employer who needs to lay off workers because of the economy. Wondering who to choose he goes out to the parking lot and notices a bunch of cars with Obama stickers. he returns to his office and matches the cars to the employees.

Guess who gets laid off.

banzaibob on May 24, 2012 at 7:41 PM

banzaibob on May 24, 2012 at 7:41 PM

Smart guy.

Resist We Much on May 24, 2012 at 7:51 PM

Politricks on May 24, 2012 at 7:18 PM

Sarcasm?

Bmore on May 24, 2012 at 7:53 PM

Demonized?

Try — persecuted and burned at the stake.

FlatFoot on May 24, 2012 at 7:53 PM

MrX, KOOLAID2 why the personal attacks on someone who simply disagrees with you politically? In real life I prefer not to even know what my friends/coworkers think about politics/religion because I find it divides more then it brings together. Im sure we could still enjoy the NBA playoffs or a good football game together no matter our religious/political leanings.

right2bright I like to vacation too much to donate a full 500.00! and Im moving to Utah from Seattle so Im sure Im going to need to take a lot more trips in the future!

Del Dolemonte Yes, I am.In 2008 I made 32,000.00. Last year I made 52,000.00

Bmore No. That was the first presidential election that I had ever been able to take part in and it made me feel good to be able to donate to the campagin, even though it was a small amount I felt like I contributed towards his sucess

Politricks on May 24, 2012 at 7:57 PM

Politricks on May 24, 2012 at 7:57 PM

Wow. So proud. So stupid.

tom daschle concerned on May 24, 2012 at 8:00 PM

Politricks on May 24, 2012 at 7:57 PM

Did you have an understanding of what you were donating to?

Bmore on May 24, 2012 at 8:03 PM

tom daschle more personal attacks?

Is that how you would treat someone in real life who disagrees with you? Guess thats where we differ. I realize this is America and you dont have to agree with me for us to be civil to each other. Guess some others dont quite get that…

Politricks on May 24, 2012 at 8:04 PM

all this right wing( to use a cliche ) kool-aid drinking is just the same as the doom and gloom Hot Air has tried to muddy the truth about Elizabeth Warren’s election hopes in the past few weeks and then the latest poll comes out this week and the truth is the race is basically tied so that it shows if anything her hopes have been improving . The truth is President Obama is winning at this point and will win in November .

U2denver on May 24, 2012 at 8:05 PM

Bmore

I did! I had never taken part in an national election before and I had seen people coming to my doors and working the corners/malls and seen the excitement and since I couldnt donate my time. I donated what money I could afford to donate at the time.

Politricks on May 24, 2012 at 8:05 PM

U2denver

I visit a lot of different websites and I kind of got that vibe from this site as well. If you ONLY came to this site you would assume that the election is over and its really not even an need to hold an election.

Politricks on May 24, 2012 at 8:07 PM

I do think we have been infested with real live trolls…

d1carter on May 24, 2012 at 8:09 PM

Politricks on May 24, 2012 at 8:05 PM

Do you embrace the cut of 0′s jib on race issues, tax matters, class warfare, lack of budget, no energy plan, crony capitalism etc. ?

Bmore on May 24, 2012 at 8:10 PM

U2denver on May 24, 2012 at 8:05 PM

So by your comment might I surmise you to be in agreement with the way 0 has comported himself as President.?

Bmore on May 24, 2012 at 8:14 PM

Have never understood how ANYONE who actually worked to become a success, could be a modern-day Democrat. Sure isn’t my Dad’s Democrat party anymore (mom used to cancel his vote every election God-bless her, she was conservative to the core).

Tim_CA on May 24, 2012 at 8:19 PM

Politricks on May 24, 2012 at 8:04 PM

You are the same type of ignoramus that many of my best friens are. You are free to be mired in your stupid worldview. Doesnt mean i cant call you on it

So yeah i would say it to your face. Your attempt at shaming or ridiculing me failed as bad as your stupid ideology and political affiliation

I really hope that obamas policies harm you and yours.

Cheers mate!

tom daschle concerned on May 24, 2012 at 8:22 PM

I do think we have been infested with real live trolls…

d1carter on May 24, 2012 at 8:09 PM

They might be, but its hard to tell when they don’t respond in a timely fashion.

Bmore on May 24, 2012 at 8:23 PM

Sending money to Jar-Jar would seem to be as bad as investing in Solyndra at this point…

wildcat72 on May 24, 2012 at 8:24 PM

Bmore on May 24, 2012 at 8:23 PM

With a name like Politricks…? Looked like bait to me…

d1carter on May 24, 2012 at 8:25 PM

With a name like Politricks…? Looked like bait to me…

d1carter on May 24, 2012 at 8:25 PM

I watched Politricks interacting here the other night. Yes I believe him to be from the left. I’m not sure if he/she is a troll. As far as U2denver is concerned, there is no doubt. You and I both know how this will play out. It is always the same. One of three things will occur as there are only three paths to choose from here. Frankly I could use the breeze right about now. But I’ll wait. I have no problem talking honestly with folks on the left. Its the honest part that is tough. ; )

Bmore on May 24, 2012 at 8:30 PM

Resist We Much I would never discuss my politics in the office. In fact in my current position its frowned upon. However if my current job let me go based on my politics Im pretty sure I’d have a lawsuit on my hands. Politricks on May 24, 2012 at 7:57 PM

I am a lawyer. Trust me. You wouldn’t….unless you are union or work under an employment contract that specifies that you can only be terminated for cause.

Like I said, don’t tell any potential employers that you voted for Obama.

Resist We Much on May 24, 2012 at 8:33 PM

Like I said, don’t tell any potential employers that you voted for Obama.

Resist We Much on May 24, 2012 at 8:33 PM

Good advice right there.

Bmore on May 24, 2012 at 8:36 PM

Bmore on May 24, 2012 at 8:30

tom daschle concerned on May 24, 2012 at 8:42 PM

tom daschle concerned on May 24, 2012 at 8:42 PM

Generally that is true. They are after all my sworn adversaries. Every once in a while you get one that is open to reason. Mostly because they have never really thought about anything to deeply. So, being the eternal optimist that I am, I am always willing to try. Once. ; )

Bmore on May 24, 2012 at 8:49 PM

to=too

Bmore on May 24, 2012 at 8:50 PM

“Barry- we’re going to need you to be gayer” – Axelrod

Chuck Schick on May 24, 2012 at 9:18 PM

d1carter if a troll is someone who simply has a different opinion then you then maybe, but not by my definition. I dont like echo chambers, I like engaging in civil debates. Thats one of my favorite things about blogs from sports (whose better Kobe or Jordan) to politics.

Bmore The biggest thing that sold me on Obama was his promise to start national health care and to end the war.

tom daschle You sound like a real grown up. Good day to you as well.

Bmore I’m actually at work as we speak and can only find times to reply during my breaks. I read this site usually from my smartphone but theirs no mobile version of this site and its hard to reply from a smartphone on the standard site.

Resist We Much I would never volunteer that information but I would never want to work for a company that was not diverse in its workforce anyway.

——–

“It would be profitable to argue with leftists if they had a modicum of integrity and honesty, alas that is not the case.”

tom daschle
——–

Says the guy who has constantly called me stupid even though he knows nothing about me.

Politricks on May 24, 2012 at 9:49 PM

Let me try to explain my politics quickly to give you all who care a better understanding.

I do like National Healthcare

I dont like Welfare. I believe you should only qualify for welfare for 3-6 months, should have to be drug tested and should have to pay it back sort of like a student loan

I do think we need to protect our borders.

I do believe in social programs. (to a point)

I dont enjoy high taxes. I work partially in commissions. My commission checks get taxed at 33%. I would love to see that rate come down.

I do agree with a strong army but I dont agree with us fighting the worlds battles.

I do believe in states rights but I also believe that certain rights should not be up for a “vote” ie: “civil rights”

I am pro choice

I am pro gun ownership.

Basically, I would describe myself as an independent more than a democrat because I dont believe in EVERYTHING that the democrat party stands for. I feel there needs to be more then a two party system. But just like you guys say “anybody buy Obama”. I obviously have to choose from what I feel is the lesser of the two evils and so I lean democrat.

I think one of the funniest things I pick up on here is these blanket statements that people love to make. All liberals do this or all liberals do that. When in reality I dont know anyone who is that black and white. Everyone has grey in them somewhere.

I like this site because I used to come here and read educated replies and sometimes seen civl arguements that I wanted to add my two cents in to.

I dont reply a lot because it seems most here wont talk to you if your politics differ from theres, theyll just call you names and wish harm on your family.

Anyway, I’m not a troll. Hope this helps you all understand. See you around.

Back to work.

Politricks on May 24, 2012 at 9:56 PM

Anyway, I’m not a troll. Hope this helps you all understand. See you around.

Back to work.

Politricks on May 24, 2012 at 9:56 PM

Now for a check of your honesty. Link me one threat against a commenter or a commenters family and I will have them banned within moments of you doing so. I’ll check back. If you can’t provide a link to the offending comment. Just give me the moniker. I’ll do the rest.

Bmore on May 24, 2012 at 10:05 PM

Diversity has nothing to do with it. Intelligence and common sense do.

People, who believe, for instance, that you can insure 47 million people, reduce healthcare costs to the government, decrease average premiums by $2,500, provide “free” wellness and preventative care, “free” contraception, sterilisation, and abortifacients, and reduce the deficit — all without draconian rationing (as it is practised in the land of my birth) — simply would never cut it in Realville where I live.

Resist We Much on May 24, 2012 at 10:11 PM

Why you guys raggin’ on politricks? Let him be stupid. But he ain’t said anything rag-worthy. He’s young and from Seattle. What would you expect his politics to be?
Jesus, Mr. Daschle, ease up on the poor fool. If he wants to waste his money, let him.
Now if the idiot u2denver thinks obaka’s gonna win, well, I guess he’s in for a rude awakening. He can riot with the blacks when he loses.

Lanceman on May 24, 2012 at 10:26 PM

Lanceman on May 24, 2012 at 10:26 PM

Where you been Lanceman. Work?

Bmore on May 24, 2012 at 10:27 PM

Bmore on May 24, 2012 at 10:05 PM
———-

I didnt say “threats”. I said “Wish harm” as you quoted. And to prove that point. Heres exhibit A:

——–

I really hope that obamas policies harm you and yours.

Cheers mate!

tom daschle concerned on May 24, 2012 at 8:22 PM
——

Resist We Much exactly intelligence and common sense is all that matters which is why I said I prefer not to talk about politics or religion with my friends. I may think its stupid for a buddy of mine to worship a short fat dude with a big stomach but that doesnt mean I dont enjoy his company at a basketball game or cant go skiing with him. I guess I just dont let politics influence every single waking moment of my life. I dont care if the guy who sits next to me at work wants to vote for Ron Paul and believes 9-11 was an inside job as long as he does his job, doesnt interfere with mine and brings good food to the company pot lucks :)

Politricks on May 24, 2012 at 10:35 PM

Where you been Lanceman. Work?

Bmore on May 24, 2012 at 10:27 PM

Yuh huh.

Lanceman on May 24, 2012 at 10:37 PM

Politricks on May 24, 2012 at 10:35 PM

Politricks, wishing that 0′s policy’s which you are in support of creating harm to you and yours isn’t going to do it. It is parsed in such a way that it is not a banning offense. Of course it doesn’t make it a nice thing to say. But it is with in the lines. Many on our side of the philosophical isle have been greatly harmed by 0′s policies and your support of them. Turn about is fair play. Don’t ever expect tom to like you or your beliefs, he won’t. Our position is obvious all one need do is read through the comments as to why we don’t like 0. You say you are in support of Nationalized Healthcare. Lets start there. Why do you think it to be superior over the private sector delivery system? The one we had before 0care.

Bmore on May 24, 2012 at 10:45 PM

Yuh huh.

Lanceman on May 24, 2012 at 10:37 PM

Miss ya over there at QOTD Lanceman. ; )

Bmore on May 24, 2012 at 10:47 PM

Miss ya over there at QOTD Lanceman. ; )

Bmore on May 24, 2012 at 10:47 PM

Yeah, I can’t stay up late like I used to.

Lanceman on May 24, 2012 at 10:49 PM

Yeah, I can’t stay up late like I used to.

Lanceman on May 24, 2012 at 10:49 PM

You’re not alone there my friend. It takes a toll on me also. Cyndy says the same thing. She never makes it over anymore either.

Bmore on May 24, 2012 at 10:53 PM

Given what’s in Dodd-Frank, we’re all going to be on the hook for over$600Trillion. It will hit right after the election so Soros wins even if prezzy loses. We go down which was his aim all along. Obummer will look like a piker when all is said and done. Enjoy what little you have left now.

Kissmygrits on May 24, 2012 at 11:22 PM

At dinner. well get back to this thread later.

Politricks on May 24, 2012 at 11:26 PM

Politricks on May 24, 2012 at 7:57 PM

Personal attack? I attacked the school, not you. Also, you indicated you made more and more money in the past couple years. That’s great. But you do realize that if Obama had his way, you’d have to fork over 90% of it to him. This isn’t a joke. Go see a video with Will Smith as he discovers his tax rate, if he lived in France, would be 75%.

This is all about Obama’s harmful policies. They go WAY beyond politics where Obama is directly harming the well-being of every citizen. Obama hasn’t passed a budget since he’s been in office. He proposed a budget twice and not a single person voted for either of them. No R’s and no D’s voted for it. ZERO VOTES! How do you manage money without a budget? You can’t.

BTW, I used to be a liberal. I know exactly what you’re thinking. You believe the disagreement with Obama to be political and that it’s being taken too far. The problem is that being conservative isn’t a belief system in the same way that liberals believe in things. Once you understand conservatism, it becomes the only way to live because part of being a conservative is discovering what freedom is really about. Liberals think that’s just a catch phrase. It isn’t. For example, you think you’re advancing, but in reality, you’re in a prison of your own making. You have no freedom of mind to choose and decide for yourself what is best. I’ve been there. As a liberal, I 100% thought I knew what I was doing. I 100% thought I was making my own decisions. I now know everything I knew as a liberal was a lie and my comment to you was more personal than you know.

Anyways, there is ZERO chance of my convincing you of anything. But I just want to assure you that there is a whole other world waiting for you and I didn’t say what I did for you as much as to other conservatives that you dug yourself deeper into your own prison. You basically paid the school to build it. So conservatives would get my meaning. You clearly don’t. And there’s no way you could.

MrX on May 24, 2012 at 11:26 PM

Have we all had a good cry?

tom daschle concerned on May 24, 2012 at 11:27 PM

Have we all had a good cry?

tom daschle concerned on May 24, 2012 at 11:27 PM

Play nice. ; )

Bmore on May 24, 2012 at 11:28 PM

Politricks, I’ll have to catch you later QOTD is up and thats my favorite spot around here. Maybe we can take this up another time when you aren’t dealing with work. Its not fair to your employer. Me being one I can personally attest to that. So get back to work.

Bmore on May 24, 2012 at 11:30 PM

Play nice. ; )

Bmore on May 24, 2012 at 11:28 PM

I always play nice. I just got done working a 84 work week. I woke up in an ornery mood. I’m out there busting my hump trying to make a living, while the entirety of the democrat political platform is out to stop me at every turn. I’m just fed up with it. Repubs are part of the problem as well…yada yada yada…

Obama has produced absolutely nothing of value while driving the cost of EVERYTHING up, and yet he is absolutely worshipped by the ignoramuses…I don’t get it.

tom daschle concerned on May 24, 2012 at 11:49 PM

Sarcasm?

Bmore on May 24, 2012 at 7:53 PM

Retardation.

esnap on May 25, 2012 at 12:00 AM

Tom, I don’t worship anyone. Here’s what cracks me up. I get up to go to work in the morning. I put in my eight hours, I get off and then I go to the gym. I go to the grocery store and get dinner, come home and then I cook shower and sleep. Now no matter whose president I don’t see how my everyday life changes that much. So like I said, I don’t worship anyone.

I don’t claim to know everything, I love learning new things. I don’t stick my ears in the dirt and ignore people and refuse to change my opinions but I do research my opinions and stand behind them.

I believe to truly make a great argument against something then theoretically you should be so informed about it that you could factually argue for it. I think too often people argue opinions and you can never win an argument based on an opinion. I could never convince you that vanilla is better than chocolate if chocolate is your favorite
but I may be able to convince you that vanilla is better for the earth and better for your body.

bmore — I just know what we have currently isn’t working. I dont know what the perfect answer is. I am for the idea of national healthcare. I don’t think a person should ever die because they’re too poor to pay for a doctor visit/surgery.

Politricks on May 25, 2012 at 2:30 AM