Quotes of the day

posted at 10:36 pm on May 22, 2012 by Allahpundit

This brings on the second Willis stare — eyes narrowed, brow wrinkled. “I’ve been through enough of these,” he says. Just that — enough of these, not “enough of these to know.” Enough of these. Then he explains: “I get cranked up, I start talking about Hollywood and what’s wrong with what. Or politics. I might start in on Mitt Romney.”

Romney?

And with that one simple follow-up, Willis gets mildly cranked up. “Yeah, Romney. He’s just such a disappointment, an embarrassment. Chin up, hair up. He’s just one of those guys, one of those guys who says he’s going to change everything,” he is saying. “And he’ll get in there, and they’ll smile at him and introduce themselves: ‘We’re Congress, we make sure nothing changes.’ He won’t do it. He can’t. Everybody wants to be Barack Obama. And what did he change?”

***

Now that Mitt Romney has clinched the Republican nomination, a lot of partisans are urging conservatives to bury the hatchet and refrain from criticizing him, warning that doing so will hurt his chances of beating President Obama. But in a new ebook, Conservative Survival in the Romney Era, I argue that this is the exact wrong approach. Sure, it’s one thing for to vote for Romney over the much worse Obama, but that doesn’t mean conservatives should carry water for him in every instance and let conservatism morph into some sort of Romneyism. Doing so would represent a repeat of the mistake conservatives made when they set aside their principles to consistently defend Bush even as he pursued big government policies, and would make it far less likely that Romney pushes a conservative agenda if elected. It’s important to remember that conservatism and the Republican Party, while at times allied, are entirely separate things.

***

Ironically, one of the most frustrating aspects of Romney’s character — a calculating political nature that has enabled him to effortlessly reverse prior statements and positions — could prove essential to conservative efforts to pressure him into doing the right thing.

Critics of Romney who argue that he’s really a liberal and boosters who claim that he’s a true conservative both err by attempting to understand Romney through an ideological prism. In reality, he’s a businessman who wants to apply his well-honed management skills to the public sector. If one is to be successful in the business world, the important thing is to satisfy customers and maximize profits.

If Romney is convinced that conservatives will enthusiastically support him no matter what, then he’ll make the calculation that he has room to migrate left during the general-election campaign and throughout a potential presidency. But if he feels uneasy about his support among conservatives, he’s much more likely to run and govern from the right.

Rather than resting on their 2010 laurels, conservatives should work hard this year to put as many principled lawmakers as possible into Congress — people who won’t merely talk tough about shrinking government when a Democrat is in the White House, but who will be willing to resist calls for party unity and stand up to a Republican president if he tries to expand government.

***

Congress, though, would be the least of President Romney’s troubles. The real threat will come from the Republican Party’s very core, which likes him little and trusts him less. The moment he shows the slightest moderate or rational tick, someone such as Rick Santorum will barrel out of the GOP’s piney woods, screaming oaths, and enter the 2016 Iowa caucuses that, you might remember, Santorum won in 2012. He must be itching for such a fight, having already called Romney “the worst Republican in the country to put up against Barack Obama.” That, folks, is not a fudge…

It’s hardly conceivable that, as president, Romney will become the Romney some think he is. The forces that shaped him in the primaries and caucuses will not go away. He has been clay in the hands of the political right, and this will not change. After Romney recently disparaged Carter’s political courage, Gerald Rafshoon, once Carter’s communications director, shot back with this via Bloomberg View: “Scour Romney’s record for a single example of real political courage — a single, solitary instance, however small, where Romney placed principle or substance above his own short-term political interests. Let me know if you find one.” Rafshoon’s phone has not been ringing.

***

[I]t’s increasingly looking like Paul, 76, and his passionate loyalists are consolidating clout in state party organizations and laying the groundwork for a presidential run in 2016 by the congressman’s son, freshman U.S. Sen. Rand Paul, R-Ky.

A run even — and, perhaps, especially — if Romney is the incumbent president. It’s a scenario that the younger Paul, 49, a Tea Party favorite, has not tamped down…

“Since the Republican Party is the vehicle through which this action is happening now, it’s probably better if Romney wins [this year] and is as bad as the libertarians expect him to be,” Brian Doherty, senior editor of the libertarian Reason magazine, said recently at a Cato event to promote his book, Ron Paul’s rEVOLution.

That scenario, Doherty argued, would allow a “convincing primary challenger to make very real to the party that there are two wings to the party fighting for supremacy — the Romney wing vs. the Paul wing.”

***

For more than a decade (not just the Great Recession but going back to 2000), economic growth has been far below its postwar average, and too low to keep the old regime afloat. You can’t have low taxes, high spending, and low deficits when the economy can’t break 3 percent growth.

This is something the D.C. establishment still does not seem to get. For years, their “farsighted,” bipartisan compromises were possible because the guys with the green eyeshades told them that the economy would grow to fill the gaps that they couldn’t fill. But now the economy can’t do that – so we have a mind-bogglingly large deficit and increased polarization in the political sphere.

That’s why the Beltway establishment has fundamentally misunderstood the nature of the Tea Party. That’s why they think the GOP battle over the debt ceiling was just plain rude. That’s why Mann and Ornstein have come back with these four sorry ideas. They don’t understand that the old way does not work anymore.

***

House Budget Committee Chairman Paul Ryan predicted Tuesday that November’s elections could bring a broad mandate for the Republican Party to enact aggressive reforms to the nation’s finances.

In a nearly 30-minute speech at the Ronald Reagan Presidential Library, Ryan, a top name in the Republican Party, repeatedly evoked the Gipper as he called for changes to taxes and entitlements that Ryan said would parallel Reagan’s first year in office.

“We will not only win the next election — we have a unique opportunity to sweep and remake the political landscape,” he Wisconsin congressman said in a speech occasionally punctuated with applause and laughter.

***

“During the Bush administration, they had four years where the Republicans controlled the House, the Senate and the executive branch. We had a great opportunity to do great reform to fix what was wrong with this country. We didn’t do it — that’s where careerism comes in,” Coburn told TheDC.

“Careerism isn’t just a problem for Democrats. It’s a problem for Republicans too. When the number one goal is to make yourself look good at home, rather than fulfill your oath and fix what the country needs to have fixed, you’re actually adding to our downward spiral, and so I think it was a missed opportunity of tremendous proportions that the Republicans didn’t embrace what they said they believed in during those times.”

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

@ Missouri posters….

There will be a debate this Friday evening with the U.S. Senate Republican Candidates. If you aren’t in Missouri you can stream it here and other info as well:

bluefox on May 22, 2012 at 11:45 PM

Philip Klein

Allah ♥ Phillip.

Bmore on May 22, 2012 at 11:41 PM

Hahaha. Now, Bmore. Be nice. :)

4Grace on May 22, 2012 at 11:45 PM

Richard Cohen

The overt hatred of us by the bed wetter is palpable. The last line of his wretched story says it all.

“Weakness is his one consistency.”

Tough guy I guess. Yep I’m figuring ole Cohen is a hardass./

Bmore on May 22, 2012 at 11:45 PM

Oh and Mr. Cohen, just remember, the line starts to my left. ; )

Bmore on May 22, 2012 at 11:47 PM

What a bunch a rambling…
Electrongod on May 22, 2012 at 10:48 PM

The rest of the interview isn’t much better.

Cleombrotus on May 22, 2012 at 11:47 PM

The rest of the interview isn’t much better.

Cleombrotus on May 22, 2012 at 11:47 PM

There was more?

Nevermind…there was probably a link that AP put in there…

I just didn’t care..

Electrongod on May 22, 2012 at 11:49 PM

Palin is wrong on Hatch. Throw him out!

Schadenfreude on May 22, 2012 at 11:49 PM

Bmore on May 22, 2012 at 11:47 PM

Obscure music reference. See Blood for Blood , Outlaw Athems , Ain’t like you.

Bmore on May 22, 2012 at 11:49 PM

bluefox on May 22, 2012 at 11:45 PM

Hey, bluefox. Just wanted to take the opportunity to tell you that I always enjoy reading your comments. :)

4Grace on May 22, 2012 at 11:50 PM

d1carter on May 22, 2012 at 11:42 PM

O_O..:)

Dire Straits on May 22, 2012 at 11:50 PM

Goodnight all! :-D

cynccook on May 22, 2012 at 11:50 PM

Palin is wrong on Hatch. Throw him out!

Schadenfreude on May 22, 2012 at 11:49 PM

Total agreement. She can’t get em all right. ; )

Bmore on May 22, 2012 at 11:50 PM

Good Night Cyndy, Pleasant Dreams. Miss You.

Bmore on May 22, 2012 at 11:51 PM

Goodnight all! :-D

cynccook on May 22, 2012 at 11:50 PM
Goodnight all! :-D

cynccook on May 22, 2012 at 11:50 PM

Take care..

Electrongod on May 22, 2012 at 11:51 PM

Didn’t he leave the reservation when he thought Dubya threw him under the bus on the WMD thingy??!!???..:)

Dire Straits on May 22, 2012 at 11:39 PM

Incredibly he claimed to still be a R…well, the way they are he’s right.

Schadenfreude on May 22, 2012 at 11:52 PM

Goodnight all! :-D

cynccook on May 22, 2012 at 11:50 PM

Fred says goodnight :)

JPeterman on May 22, 2012 at 11:52 PM

I just didn’t care..

Electrongod on May 22, 2012 at 11:49 PM

I know, I thought I was the only fool that read the whole article. ; )

Bmore on May 22, 2012 at 11:52 PM

Goodnight all! :-D

cynccook on May 22, 2012 at 11:50 PM

Goodnight, cynccook!!

4Grace on May 22, 2012 at 11:54 PM

I know, I thought I was the only fool that read the whole article. ; )

Bmore on May 22, 2012 at 11:52 PM

Dang Bmore…

You are trooper….:)

Electrongod on May 22, 2012 at 11:55 PM

Fred says goodnight :)

JPeterman on May 22, 2012 at 11:52 PM

I’m so happy for you that you have a horse, JP. But I will admit that the name cracks me up. It should be Sir Fred, or something. :)

4Grace on May 22, 2012 at 11:56 PM

Incredibly he claimed to still be a R…well, the way they are he’s right.

Schadenfreude on May 22, 2012 at 11:52 PM

I thought he got his feelings hurt pretty bad!..:)

Dire Straits on May 22, 2012 at 11:57 PM

Total agreement. She can’t get em all right. ; )

Bmore on May 22, 2012 at 11:50 PM

I agree with that!!..:)

Dire Straits on May 22, 2012 at 11:58 PM

Goood evening ………..>:-)-

angrymike on May 22, 2012 at 11:59 PM

Bmore on May 22, 2012 at 11:52 PM

You’d think at least someone would be getting wiser as they age. Everybody just seems to turn into an introspective goofball these days.

Course, he’s an actor so what was I expecting? Socrates?

Cleombrotus on May 23, 2012 at 12:00 AM

4Grace on May 22, 2012 at 11:56 PM

How does Comrade Fred sound????

JPeterman on May 23, 2012 at 12:01 AM

LIZ HALLORAN

Speculation, How about if we make it through this contest first, okay? I have little trouble with Rand Paul. with one exception. Too many emails in my inbox.

Bmore on May 23, 2012 at 12:01 AM

permanent deficits.

rockmom on May 22, 2012 at 11:29 PM

There’s no such thing as a permanent deficit.

You eventually run out of Other People’s Money, and we’re getting vurry close to that point. Unless we sell California to China, we’re over our credit card limit.

Who is John Galt on May 23, 2012 at 12:01 AM

Cleombrotus on May 23, 2012 at 12:00 AM

He really does sound like a dying man in that article.

Bmore on May 23, 2012 at 12:02 AM

I agree with that!!..:)

Dire Straits on May 22, 2012 at 11:58 PM

I suspected you might. : )

Bmore on May 23, 2012 at 12:03 AM

angrymike, whats happening my brother?

Bmore on May 23, 2012 at 12:03 AM

4Grace on May 22, 2012 at 11:50 PM

That’s nice of you to say:-) I don’t post as much as I used to. Busy at home, etc.

I think HA is a great site and the posters are a great mix of smarts and humor!!

bluefox on May 23, 2012 at 12:03 AM

Goood evening ………..>:-)-

angrymike on May 22, 2012 at 11:59 PM

Hello, mike! Hope you are well this evening.

4Grace on May 23, 2012 at 12:04 AM

Ten

jaime on May 23, 2012 at 12:04 AM

JPeterman, good luck with Fred.

At least he’s not Ed.

Schadenfreude on May 23, 2012 at 12:04 AM

I suspected you might. : )

Bmore on May 23, 2012 at 12:03 AM

..:)

Dire Straits on May 23, 2012 at 12:05 AM

Nine

jaime on May 23, 2012 at 12:06 AM

How does Comrade Fred sound????

JPeterman on May 23, 2012 at 12:01 AM

That would be perfect. A perfect name for your new horse.

I have a question, if you don’t mind answering. When you prepare to move, do you scout papers, or online, or maps, or do you just pick a state and decide where to land when you get there?

4Grace on May 23, 2012 at 12:06 AM

4Grace, Bmore….
Things are well and I’m awake, if only for a few…..;-)

angrymike on May 23, 2012 at 12:07 AM

Eight

jaime on May 23, 2012 at 12:08 AM

JPeterman on May 23, 2012 at 12:01 AM

Just stay away from this horse!!..:)

Dire Straits on May 23, 2012 at 12:08 AM

He really does sound like a dying man in that article.
Bmore on May 23, 2012 at 12:02 AM

Interesting observation, Bmore. I wonder if it’s because when you’ve climbed to the top of the mountain and found there really was nothing there…

Although he sees something in being a father. That’s hopeful.

Cleombrotus on May 23, 2012 at 12:08 AM

Looks like Colon Powell and Hannity are getting it, badly.

Schadenfreude on May 23, 2012 at 12:09 AM

Jpeterman
Ya should have named him Dave…. then we would finally know where Dave was……..

angrymike on May 23, 2012 at 12:09 AM

Seven

jaime on May 23, 2012 at 12:10 AM

JAY COST

Can’t say that I disagree with this assessment one bit.

Bmore on May 23, 2012 at 12:11 AM

Just stay away from this horse!!..:)

Dire Straits on May 23, 2012 at 12:08 AM

4Grace on May 23, 2012 at 12:11 AM

Six

jaime on May 23, 2012 at 12:12 AM

angrymike on May 23, 2012 at 12:09 AM

rofl..:)

Dire Straits on May 23, 2012 at 12:12 AM

Things are well and I’m awake, if only for a few zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

angrymike on May 23, 2012 at 12:07 AM

Fixed it for you. ; )

Bmore on May 23, 2012 at 12:12 AM

Five

jaime on May 23, 2012 at 12:14 AM

Seven

jaime on May 23, 2012 at 12:10 AM

Lolz, I used to love watching that show.

4Grace on May 23, 2012 at 12:14 AM

Although he sees something in being a father. That’s hopeful.

Cleombrotus on May 23, 2012 at 12:08 AM

True, the top of the mountain from my experience, has been , well the top of the mountain. Now the kids on the other hand, yes the best part of life, so I am told. ; )

Bmore on May 23, 2012 at 12:14 AM

I telling you all Team Romney had better get good at doing this..:)

Dire Straits on May 23, 2012 at 12:15 AM

Four

jaime on May 23, 2012 at 12:16 AM

Bmore on May 23, 2012 at 12:14 AM

Howdy, Bmore. How are you and the missus?

4Grace on May 23, 2012 at 12:16 AM

4Grace on May 23, 2012 at 12:14 AM

Me too. One of my all-time favorites.

jaime on May 23, 2012 at 12:17 AM

4Grace on May 23, 2012 at 12:06 AM

I pick an area and call this nice lady at Coldwell Banker. I have been using her for over 4 years now and she has not let me done yet.

“BuyDanish” recommended St.Simeon island for next winter.

JPeterman on May 23, 2012 at 12:17 AM

Three

jaime on May 23, 2012 at 12:18 AM

I think Sarah Palin made the right decision in endorsing Sen. Hatch and supporting him prior to that. Here are some of her comments: He sponsored or co-sponsored a Balanced Budget Amendment 17 times, and he voted in favor of a Balanced Budget Amendment at least 9 other times. We know he will use his seniority and influence to dissuade politicians from continuing to raise the debt ceiling without any plan to balance the budget and end these dangerously unsustainable deficits.

Orrin Hatch voted against Obamacare and has pledged to repeal it. While we’re on the topic of Obamacare, which is currently before the Supreme Court, keep in mind that the Supreme Court would not look the way it does today if it were not for Orrin Hatch fighting for conservative nominees on the bench – from Clarence Thomas to John Roberts and Samuel Alito. Unlike other Republican Senators who are up for reelection this year, Orrin voted against both of President Obama’s nominees, Kagan and Sotomayor. And unlike some others, Orrin has gone out of his way to embrace the Tea Party movement.

Good points that Sarah made. There are more is here:

bluefox on May 23, 2012 at 12:18 AM

I telling you all Team Romney had better get good at doing this..:)

Dire Straits on May 23, 2012 at 12:15 AM

ROFL. I was expecting a song.

4Grace on May 23, 2012 at 12:18 AM

I am telling you all Team Romney had better get good at doing this..:)

Dire Straits on May 23, 2012 at 12:15 AM

Fixed..:)

Dire Straits on May 23, 2012 at 12:18 AM

Two

jaime on May 23, 2012 at 12:20 AM

“BuyDanish” recommended St.Simeon island for next winter.

JPeterman on May 23, 2012 at 12:17 AM

That is so very cool. A lot of people would love to experience what you are doing. Keep writing!!

4Grace on May 23, 2012 at 12:20 AM

Bmore
close…..;)

angrymike on May 23, 2012 at 12:20 AM

ROFL. I was expecting a song.

4Grace on May 23, 2012 at 12:18 AM

That was a pretty good Super Bowl commercial!!..:)

Dire Straits on May 23, 2012 at 12:22 AM

One

jaime on May 23, 2012 at 12:22 AM

jaime on May 23, 2012 at 12:22 AM

My wife was a big fan of that show..:)..Sarah Michelle Gellar rocks!!..:)

Dire Straits on May 23, 2012 at 12:24 AM

This. In spades.

AZfederalist on May 23, 2012 at 12:24 AM

Howdy, Bmore. How are you and the missus?

4Grace on May 23, 2012 at 12:16 AM

We are well, I am helping her out on a light night project. ; ) We both have always been guilty of working way too much.

Bmore on May 23, 2012 at 12:28 AM

AZfederalist on May 23, 2012 at 12:24 AM

That is a very good point!..:)

Dire Straits on May 23, 2012 at 12:28 AM

Dire Straits on May 23, 2012 at 12:24 AM

I think that was my favorite tv show of the 90s. I put them in the order that I liked them. TV seems a lot worse today, but that probably just makes me sound old. Today I look at the message, back then I didn’t so much. Maybe if I watched all that 90s stuff today I would think it sucks. Hard to tell.

jaime on May 23, 2012 at 12:29 AM

Bmore on May 23, 2012 at 12:28 AM

YouWe forgot something..The GOP will betray you!!..:)

Dire Straits on May 23, 2012 at 12:29 AM

jaime on May 23, 2012 at 12:29 AM

My wife was a big fan..:)

Dire Straits on May 23, 2012 at 12:30 AM

Seung Min Kim

we have a unique opportunity to sweep and remake the political landscape

Yes and steal all the dreams the liberals have. I like it! Dreamstealing. Good Times. Will it happen?

Bmore on May 23, 2012 at 12:33 AM

oops. Forgot this one.

jaime on May 23, 2012 at 12:35 AM

jaime on May 23, 2012 at 12:29 AM

That would be a great theme for QOTD vids one night. Not the shows so much as just great theme songs from TV shows.

4Grace on May 23, 2012 at 12:35 AM

Looks like Colon Powell and Hannity are getting it, badly.

Schadenfreude on May 23, 2012 at 12:09 AM

..it was a good show; saved me a couple of Sominex.

The War Planner on May 23, 2012 at 12:35 AM

Nicholas Ballasy

I have said this since the beginning. The Bill Frisk Congress was not Fiscally Conservative. I will spot them some because of 911. With that said they dropped the ball. Frisk is gone and we are left holding the ball. W should have vetoed the nonsense and told the Dims to go to heII. He didn’t. He played it to cute by half and got burned.

Bmore on May 23, 2012 at 12:36 AM

My wife was a big fan..:)

Dire Straits on May 23, 2012 at 12:30 AM

You not so much? It really was sort of escapist and pointless, but I liked it.

jaime on May 23, 2012 at 12:36 AM

jaime on May 23, 2012 at 12:29 AM

What did you think of Cruel Intentions??..:)

Dire Straits on May 23, 2012 at 12:37 AM

oops. Forgot this one.

jaime on May 23, 2012 at 12:35 AM

I never got into that show when it first launched. It was just so-so for me. Now, when I go back and watch episodes, I like it quite a bit. My son lives for Bender’s one-liners.

4Grace on May 23, 2012 at 12:38 AM

jaime on May 23, 2012 at 12:36 AM

I liked it!!..Just not as well as my wife who also liked Charmed alot!!..:)

Dire Straits on May 23, 2012 at 12:39 AM

The War Planner on May 23, 2012 at 12:35 AM

Hi, WP! I saw your rather unique analogy on the Arkansas thread. It was freaking hilarious.

4Grace on May 23, 2012 at 12:40 AM

4Grace on May 23, 2012 at 12:35 AM

Yeah. As you move through the decades you can see how music tastes have really changed. From The Honeymooners in the 50s to Starskey and Hutch in the 70s. Friends in the 90s. Current episodes of Bones or The Big Bang Theory. That would be a good theme.

jaime on May 23, 2012 at 12:44 AM

4Grace on May 23, 2012 at 12:35 AM

There was some good ones!!..Remember this one..:)

Dire Straits on May 23, 2012 at 12:44 AM

Dire Straits QOTD song. I know this isn’t your cup of tea. So I will include the lyrics. Mid Course Correction Blue Monday What’s Done is Done.

Why do we always stand down? Forget about what we
Believe? Well this is not the end; I’m not ready to give
In. Do you remember when we thought we could change the
World? Before the way it is, was shoved down our throats.
And it speaks apathy easier pretend not to care, but
Pretending has a way of becoming what we believe. And do
You remember when we thought we could change the world
Before the way it is was shoved down our throats. We
Reach for nothing these days. Silenced ideals, voices
Kept at bay. We reach for nothing these days. We’re
Always looking for the easier way. I can’t sit still some
Times, I feel an urgency build inside. I’m bursting at
The seams; I need to live this life. And I think of the
Times when our screams did change the world and I’ll take
It on if you take it on.

Bmore on May 23, 2012 at 12:44 AM

The funniest part is I just posted Dires QOTD song on the Democratic Poll Thread. Funny and Embarrassing. ; )

Bmore on May 23, 2012 at 12:46 AM

What did you think of Cruel Intentions??..:)

Dire Straits on May 23, 2012 at 12:37 AM

The movie with Sarah Michelle Gellar? Sorry, I never saw it. Did you like it?

jaime on May 23, 2012 at 12:47 AM

4Grace on May 23, 2012 at 12:35 AM

There was some good ones!!..Remember this one..:)

Dire Straits on May 23, 2012 at 12:44 AM

Yes! I was actually thinking of that very one, Dire. It is just so catchy. Gets stuck in my head. :)

4Grace on May 23, 2012 at 12:47 AM

If Romney does well, makes progress in cutting the size of the federal government, turning more stuff over to the states, reducing federal spending, repealing Obamacare and other regulations that are strangling our economy and if things turn around nicely … the tea party might just be more of a local thing than a national stage player. But I will add that local politics is NOT unimportant, we need people to get involved in their local politics where too often a few very active people have disproportionate influence.

crosspatch on May 23, 2012 at 12:49 AM

Now, when I go back and watch episodes, I like it quite a bit.

4Grace on May 23, 2012 at 12:38 AM

The first 3 or 4 seasons were great. Then I think they went off the air. When they came back I thought they sucked worse than anything I’ve ever seen. I won’t watch anything but old reruns, now.

jaime on May 23, 2012 at 12:49 AM

Bmore on May 23, 2012 at 12:44 AM

Great one, B. (Thanks for the lyrics, too)

4Grace on May 23, 2012 at 12:49 AM

4Grace on May 23, 2012 at 12:40 AM

..you are too kind. It was crass and tasteless as befits a senile old man like myself. (It’s alright to agree with me on this; I am not fishing for compliments.)

By the way, as long as I have the mic, I blew lunch all over the two other “almost-QOTD” threads (cf. remark above about senility) and needed to get this in before the asylum attendants bring me my warm milk, zwieback, and Nembutal. In light of that NC teacher incident, here’s my QOTD song music vid for the night:

Enjoy!

The War Planner on May 23, 2012 at 12:50 AM

Dire Straits on May 23, 2012 at 12:39 AM

Yeah, charmed was pretty good, too. I didn’t watch it much, though.

jaime on May 23, 2012 at 12:50 AM

Bmore on May 23, 2012 at 12:46 AM

Don’t you just hate when you do that? It’s sort of like walking into the wrong restroom at a restaurant.

4Grace on May 23, 2012 at 12:51 AM

barry/leftist media have turned the country into one that spends 25 percent of gdp on stuff (plus 10+ percent at the state/local level)

the leftist media will engage in massive and ongoing propaganda campaigns…with the agitprop of the Left…at ever ‘slashing’ of every $ of ‘cuts’ in barry’s Vision.

If Romney wins they will be vicious. The left/media are not rational people, they like michael moore think that we ave plenty of money to spread around.

and 6 months out there will be a chorus of media programs on the economic failures of Romney and the Rs

this is the environment..we must stand firm

r keller on May 23, 2012 at 12:52 AM

Bmore on May 23, 2012 at 12:46 AM

..it’s AP’s doing: he cranked up those other two threads to deflect our raking him over the coals for being an Eeyore. Divide and conquer.

The War Planner on May 23, 2012 at 12:53 AM

4Grace on May 23, 2012 at 12:51 AM

It’s also a little bit like screwing up the quote box, a la moi. :p

4Grace on May 23, 2012 at 12:53 AM

Bmore on May 23, 2012 at 12:44 AM

Coll tune..Just remember..:)

Dire Straits on May 23, 2012 at 12:54 AM

4Grace on May 23, 2012 at 12:51 AM

I had 9 tabs open on one monitor and 5 on the other. I’m a multi tasker but me thinks that was one to many tabs. ; )

Bmore on May 23, 2012 at 12:56 AM