Old tone: South Carolina AFL-CIO president beats pinata with Nikki Haley’s face on it

posted at 4:41 pm on May 22, 2012 by Allahpundit

According to Dave Weigel, the guy who recorded it and uploaded it is a progressive. This is something he and the local union brain trust actually wanted people to see. On the other hand, none of the Democrats present referred to her this time as “Sikh Jesus.” Thank heaven for small favors.

Scramble:

“Do you think we can get this video pulled,” asked a national AFL-CIO official in an email to Palmetto State union sources.

The author of the email also worried the video might get “picked up by tea partiers, maybe even Haley herself, to attack labor again.”…

Pro-union sources in South Carolina say they aren’t worried about the video.

“[Haley] has been whacking at us since she realized how much money the business PACs can contribute in South Carolina,” DeWitt tells Free Times. “We felt justified in taking a whack back.”

Where does this fit on the spectrum of union leaders acting like cretins in their politicking? I’m going to say it’s worse than a teachers’ union official joking about praying for Chris Christie’s death, roughly as bad as James Hoffa talking about taking out those tea-party sons of bitches, but not nearly as bad as Richard Trumka once hinting darkly that those who hire replacements for striking union workers are playing with matches and apt to get burned. But your mileage may vary. Click the image to watch.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Also interesting to note that the pinata fell after only two whacks. Union made?

hawkdriver on May 23, 2012 at 7:28 AM

What would happen if that were an obama effigy? RAAAAAAACCCCCIIIISSSSSTTTTTTT!

rightside on May 22, 2012 at 4:54 PM

Okay. Put Obama’s mug on one.

MarkT on May 22, 2012 at 9:22 PM

RAAAAAACIST!!!!!! /sarc

Timothy S. Carlson on May 22, 2012 at 10:18 PM

Exactly.

I’m all for freedom of speech, so even though I don’t like the pinata with Nikki Haley’s face on it, I support their freedom to do it, as long as they support my freedom to do the same thing and beat a pinata with Barry Soetoro’s face on it.

If I actually did that, would I would be charged with a hate crime?!?

I’d certainly be falsely accused of being a racist.

ITguy on May 23, 2012 at 8:01 AM

I guess that whole Gabby Giffords civility thing is officially out the window now.

ouldbollix on May 23, 2012 at 8:52 AM

ouldbollix on May 23, 2012 at 8:52 AM

Till Conservatives do something of note.

hawkdriver on May 23, 2012 at 10:17 AM

And my understanding is that the SEIU chief in SC acknowledged she is the woman in the video and is proud of what she did.

UnrepentantCurmudgeon on May 23, 2012 at 10:56 AM

..is she auditioning for the taliban?

Bluize on May 23, 2012 at 12:10 PM

Sarah Palin speaks up about this, even though Haley remained silent when Palin was being savaged about Tuscon.

NoNails on May 23, 2012 at 1:20 PM