NC student on pro-Obama teacher who berated him: “She doesn’t want to hear anything but what she believes in”

posted at 4:01 pm on May 22, 2012 by Allahpundit

The follow-up to yesterday’s viral vid du jour. It’s nice that this kid is getting some TV time for exposing his teacher but the Fox News interview doesn’t do justice to how savvy he is. For that, read the Salisbury Post:

“I didn’t think that it was going to be like this, but honestly I’m excited,” he said. “I want people to see this, let this be an example.”…

“I videoed this because there are millions of kids going home every day telling their parents there is a teacher doing this, and a lot of parents think because teachers are role models they can’t be doing anything that bad,” Rogers said…

Hunter Rogers said he felt like Dixon-Neely was “lying to my face” when she said that people have been arrested for speaking ill of the president.

“Either she was lying to me or she didn’t know any better,” he said. “But I know way better, I know that nobody can take away your freedom of speech unless you threaten the president.”

His parents have pulled him out of the school because of all the attention the incident’s gotten. I was thinking while I watched the clip that there’s bound to be lots, lots more of this sort of thing bubbling up online now that smart phones are ubiquitous even among young teenagers, but Ace is already one step ahead:

Oh, by the way: Know that the next step, coming to your school, is a ban on recording devices or cell phones with a recording feature.

They don’t want people to know how awful and incompetent many of them are, and they’ll make up any pretext for keeping this a secret.

So expect your local schools to begin banning recording devices, arguing it’s “disruptive” to orderliness and “promotes a climate of suspicion and guardedness rather than openness and honesty.”

Meaning: The Teachers Union teachers could not keep their jobs if the public got a look inside the classroom.

Fight this when it comes to your town– because it is coming.

Exactly. It’s not just the attempt at indoctrination that made this a hit online; Rogers didn’t end up being indoctrinated, after all. It’s the fact that his teacher really might not have known that you can’t be arrested for criticizing the president. (Per the blockquote, note that even Rogers isn’t sure whether she’s lying or just tremendously ignorant.) That’s what the unions will worry about — not that indoctrination will be exposed, since that can hypothetically be cured with a reprimand and a blanket “no politics in the classroom” rule, but the fact that some of them simply don’t know what they’re talking about when they’re at the blackboard. If YouTube clips start revealing incompetence, that’s a much bigger threat to their institutional prerogatives. The obvious solution: A ban on student cell phones. As Ace says, it’s coming.

Your homework assignment this afternoon is to read Troy Senik’s tribute to the worst union in America.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

For a young man trying to find his identity and understand the world he lives in and to form the basis of his beliefs and opinions, it is not helpful at all to criticize him for his appearance. Let him find his way. He’s off to a great start. I hope he is not insulted into silence.

nitzsche on May 22, 2012 at 4:45 PM

The kids got a nice head of hair. Moms point was a great one.” If the teacher wants to start a discussion about politics she should expect to here all sides.” That is a paraphrase, but close, I believe. Mom she’s a teacher./ Its all black and white in the eyes of the teacher./

Bmore on May 22, 2012 at 4:46 PM

Nope. SCOTUS ruled years ago that students don’t have the same rights as adults. That’s the only way they could justify mass locker raids on school grounds. Look it up.

nukemhill on May 22, 2012 at 4:34 PM

That applies to the locker, not the person, nor does it give the state (school system) the authority to seize (with the intent of converting) property.

“You’ll get this back at the end of the day” still applies as long the thing is in plain view, but “take everything out of your pockets and I’ll decide what you can keep” does not. In addition, these policies have to be documented and in place prior to the search/seizure.

BobMbx on May 22, 2012 at 4:47 PM

It’s criminal that she is actually a tenured (most likely) staff member of a school district charged with educating someone’s child.

totherightofthem on May 22, 2012 at 4:40 PM

Wouldn’t doubt it.

Ugly on May 22, 2012 at 4:47 PM

The Supreme Court, in a New Jersey case decided in the 1990s, ruled that school officials don’t need a warrant or probable cause, but merely a ”reasonable suspicion.” (Gurr, 2002) Court rulings suggest that students should have no expectation of privacy in school lockers when the school district both owns and controls the lockers and has a written policy describing this ownership. (Student Search, n.d.) In Zamora vs. Pomero, it was determined that the search of Zamora’s locker was not a violation of his Fourth Amendment right. (639…, n.d.) Even using dogs to search lockers and students is not an invasion of personal rights as established in Doe v. Renfrow. (The Use…, n.d.)

See here.

Now, is it a stretch to go from lockers to cell phones? I sure think so. But I have a problem with locker searches to begin with, crazy libertarian that I am. So confiscating phones seems like a no-brainer no-no to me.

nukemhill on May 22, 2012 at 4:49 PM

nukemhill on May 22, 2012 at 4:34 PM

That ruling was vague and many districts and states have varying interpretations. The lockers are school property so are generally considered to be searchable even without just cause. But searches without cause of students and their property such as backpacks are open to question.

Deanna on May 22, 2012 at 4:49 PM

Would you “hair” whiners please look at the founding fathers. Ben Franklin was a whoring hippy with hair that makes carrot top well groomed.

George Washington and Jefferson? They were dandy’s or hippy freaks depending on the style they chose to wear.

rickyricardo on May 22, 2012 at 4:49 PM

I agree, but no! He looks more like an Occupier than a Romney defender and that’s good. The state-run media won’t know how to deal.

ncborn on May 22, 2012 at 4:07 PM

Yes they will. He’ll be labeled as a typical “southern, rural rube.”

lucyvanpelt on May 22, 2012 at 4:50 PM

If this story snowballs into a teenaged “movement” nationwide, there’s going to be a lot of livid teachers. : )

listens2glenn on May 22, 2012 at 4:19 PM

And that’s going to be a bad thing because….?

Don’t bite me, just messin’ with ya.

sage0925 on May 22, 2012 at 4:50 PM

Oh, leave him alone about his hair, you crotchety old men! What, is Walgreens out of your favorite flavor of Ensure? He’s a teenager, when else can he look like that and not have to worry about it? I looked like a cockatoo back in the day.
This kid is clearly more intelligent than 52% of the voting public.

CherryBombsBigBrownBeaver on May 22, 2012 at 4:37 PM

No kidding!! My 2 boys (now 21 and 19 and both with decent short hair cuts) have never had hair as long as mine was when I was in HS, and again for a short time after I got out of the Air Force. On the other hand, one of my boys once totally shaved his head just for a $10 bet and once tried a mohawk for a short time.
So what? It matters more what’s in their heads and what they do.

dentarthurdent on May 22, 2012 at 4:50 PM

Somebody may have already said this, but I don’t have time to read all the comments today.

+++CAUTION+++

Some states have laws against recording a conversation without the knowledge of all participants.

In those states, the teachers WILL go after students who record, and expose, them. And the teachers will be on solid legal ground.

Before anyone encourages kids to do more of this, check the laws of the state.

iurockhead on May 22, 2012 at 4:50 PM

Smart kid. Plus, he’s got a great mid-90′s metal look. He could easily be in a live-action version of Dethklok.

Good Solid B-Plus on May 22, 2012 at 4:50 PM

Who cares about his hair. Chalk another another young person in the sanity column.

8thAirForce on May 22, 2012 at 4:51 PM

I agree with this. They are more disruptive than not. If you want to record an out of control teacher, use a digital recorder. They are small and will serve their purpose.

ramrants on May 22, 2012 at 4:32 PM

Ok, I’m an old guy, haven’t had any kids in school in decades so I’m sort of out of the technology loop here. I do, however, have a smartphone. It’s called a cell phone but really it is a multi-purpose electronic widget, it does many many things including making phone calls. Mine is a digital recorder, digital camera, video recorder, scientific calculator (three flavors of calculator actually), a units converter, traffic monitor, library, diary, to do list, recipe storage box, phone book, music repository and stereo system and too many other things to list. That’s the norm these days. When I was in high school the big distraction was transistor radios. They were the new technological marvel at the time and I remember that there was all sorts of controversy over having them in schools. The device itself was not then nor is it now a distraction. It’s how the device is used. What was discovered back then, and I’m guessing is true now, was that if the teacher exerted control of the class having said device was a non issue. I don’t think kids have changed much over the years, they’re still kids. The toys are irrelevant. What has changed is the system and the teachers.

Oldnuke on May 22, 2012 at 4:51 PM

BobMbx on May 22, 2012 at 4:47 PM

I agree with you. But the barn door’s already open. I don’t think the courts view the Bill of Rights the same way you and I do.

I’ll bet this goes to SCOTUS in the next decade and, if the Court has a liberal bent at all, it will be upheld. It certainly won’t be unanimously overturned.

It’s much too late to put the toothpaste back in that tube.

nukemhill on May 22, 2012 at 4:53 PM

” If the teacher wants to start a discussion about politics she should expect to hear all sides.”

Fixed,sorry.

Bmore on May 22, 2012 at 4:53 PM

Get that stick out of your butts, shallow geezbags. He can change his hair anytime, but it’s what’s underneath it that counts. At least it’s not a huge nasty tat that he’ll have to have lasered off someday.

He learned critical thinking skills somewhere, and just as importantly, he has the guts to use them against misguided authority. Bravo, young man.

juliesa on May 22, 2012 at 4:54 PM

Someone please get that kid a haircut. Please.

MadisonConservative on May 22, 2012 at 4:03 PM

This is totally hypocritical but…someone should have cleaned that kid up before going on national television.

Oy vey.

CorporatePiggy on May 22, 2012 at 4:06 PM

I love his long hair! You don’t have to be a stepford kid to speak up against liberal foolishness and fascism.

Burke on May 22, 2012 at 4:55 PM

Before anyone encourages kids to do more of this, check the laws of the state.

iurockhead on May 22, 2012 at 4:50 PM

Teachers would have a problem with that unless they can prove it was done for entrapment. Teachers by virtue of what they do allow “note-taking.”

Deanna on May 22, 2012 at 4:58 PM

nukemhill on May 22, 2012 at 4:34 PM

Except a cell with a contract cannot be the ‘property’ of a child (under 18). Therefore the school would be STEALING the parent’s property if they refuse to return the phone.
When my kids were in school (before widespread cell phones) the admin would rather have put their collective hands in a bag of rattlesnakes than demand I come in to the school.
Something about me thinking they worked for me, as I recall…

HammerNH on May 22, 2012 at 4:58 PM

why the haircut.. I’m a strong conservative w/ a ponytail.. Shocks the sh-t out of people to hear my politics..

I like that fact he has long hair but breaks the “stereotype” of stupid stoner type..

theblacksheepwasright on May 22, 2012 at 4:12 PM
Same here, plus I’m in California so it shocks people even more.

SWalker on May 22, 2012 at 4:19 PM

I think it’s due to living in San Diego ;-)

theblacksheepwasright on May 22, 2012 at 4:26 PM
ROTFLMAO… Maybe, but then again San Diego is wicked conservative for California… ;)

SWalker on May 22, 2012 at 4:31 PM

I’m getting real close to bailing on SD at least for primary residence. Looking to get residency in Nv where my office is located but keep my home here.. Brown, the CTA and others are driving me crazy

theblacksheepwasright on May 22, 2012 at 4:59 PM

Cell phones and other devices are already verboten at my middle schooler’s school. Have been for a while. Kids can have them but they cannot be turned on during regular class periods. Most just keep them in their lockers until the end of the day. I’ll have to look up the rule to see if it matches Ace’s verbiage.

RobertE on May 22, 2012 at 5:00 PM

theblacksheepwasright on May 22, 2012 at 4:12 PM

Same here, plus I’m in California so it shocks people even more.

SWalker on May 22, 2012 at 4:19 PM

..not picking on you guys, black sheep and SW, but other folks here should get past the kid’s appearance. He’s a serious young man who got in that teacher’s face big time — figuratively speaking of course. And there are probably some respect issues with his classroom deportment but he nailed that broad’s feet to the floorboards.

Way to go, kid, way to go! (And the mom ain’t no slouch, neither!)

Premature, I know, but here is my submission for tonight’s QOTD music vid:

The War Planner on May 22, 2012 at 5:01 PM

iurockhead on May 22, 2012 at 4:50 PM

A teacher in a schoolroom has no expectation of privacy, therefore a recording of the classroom does not violate the law. Now, suppose the teacher asks a student to stay after class for some personal interaction. That would be a private conversation and ‘wiretapping’ law would apply.

BobMbx on May 22, 2012 at 5:01 PM

Why does anyone care about this kid’s hair? What a superficial nit-pick of someone with the courage and character to stand up to this racist, ignorant, affirmative-action “authority figure” spewing her toxic bilge to a captive audience.

The fact that he chooses to grow his hair this way is a feature, not bug. It bothers the lefties that he looks like one of them and he will not fall for the brainwashing.

Harbingeing on May 22, 2012 at 5:01 PM

This kid doesn’t come across as very confident in the interview, but I do applaud his courage in taking a stance against a bullying teacher.

As for his appearance, I don’t have a problem with it. I’ve always worn my hair short, and now am in crew-cut mode. Part of it is comfort and part of it . . .

. . . would rather not be bothered combing their hair at all . . .

thatsafactjack on May 22, 2012 at 4:19 PM

Yes! It is nice not to have to worry about whether it’s combed or not.

MisterElephant on May 22, 2012 at 5:02 PM

Deanna on May 22, 2012 at 4:58 PM

Classrooms are essentially public forums, are they not? Most laws prohibiting the use of recorded conversations without prior permission of the participants apply to private conversations, IIRC. I’ll admit, I’m not up on this despite the fact that I’m an attorney. I’ve never had reason to research the issue and no time to do it for fun.

totherightofthem on May 22, 2012 at 5:03 PM

This kid gets a gold star and a medal from me. He is a hero, standing up to a mindless tyrannical “teacher,” using facts and citation of a publication to run circles around that moron.

Thank God that NC school district had the good sense to suspend that tyrant – I only wish it were an outright firing. HEY “TEACHER” – NOW YOU’LL LEAVE THE KIDS ALONE. “All in all you’re just another brick in the wall.” – Pink Floyd (1979).

OneVision on May 22, 2012 at 5:03 PM

As the father of a kid who SURPASSED 4k texts in one month, I have to admire your naivete. I understand your point, in general, but it depends on the kid, the school & the parents. I didn’t even want my kids to have cell phones, but the ex spends her money the way she sees fit.

I hated to tell her “I told you so”, but I did (back before unlimited texts, this was).

Ugly on May 22, 2012 at 4:44 PM

Oh I’m anything but naive. LOL! But my point is that banning isn’t the answer, control of the classroom is. Just as you will control how much your child uses the cell phone, the teacher should be able to control such use in the classroom. The teacher could ask all cell phones be put away or ask to see what is being done with one…much as we did with notes, etc.

Deanna on May 22, 2012 at 5:03 PM

A ban on cell phones in the classroom is a good idea-for other reasons!

Little Boomer on May 22, 2012 at 5:03 PM

Bravo for the young man…knew his stuff and stood his ground.

The teacher should indeed respect others’ views and she’s free to express hers in a civil way. But I’d say a teacher best not directly divulge their ideologies. The schools are there for students to learn and discuss such things in an appropriate manner-the schools aren’t there for teachers to enforce their personal beliefs whether they’re Libs or Cons.

Most teachers, of course, would not react the way she did, even if they voted for Oloser.

But for every kid like Hunter there are probably twenty kids mouthing off to their teachers simply because they feel like it.

Dr. ZhivBlago on May 22, 2012 at 5:04 PM

It’s much too late to put the toothpaste back in that tube.

nukemhill on May 22, 2012 at 4:53 PM

Its never too late to regain your liberty.

BobMbx on May 22, 2012 at 5:04 PM

Well cell phones and recording devices are banned from Obama fundraisers. The liberal indoctrination by some teachers is sickening. I know a kid taking a sophmore english class entitled American essays. All of the essays were liberal feminist rants. She just wanted to pass the class and get out. Teachers hold the power of the grade over kids. Im guessing most arent willing to risk their futures and grades. I think this young man was very brave and the lack of control, knowledge, and use of proper English this teacher displayed are apalling but not surprising. I feel blessed that we can send our son to a school where this kind if crap doesnt happen. Its more than worth the sacrifice

ldbgcoleman on May 22, 2012 at 5:04 PM

..the courage and character to stand up to this racist, ignorant, affirmative-action “authority figure” spewing her toxic bilge to a captive audience.

(etc.)

Harbingeing on May 22, 2012 at 5:01 PM

..hermano!

The War Planner on May 22, 2012 at 5:05 PM

Burke on May 22, 2012 at 4:55 PM

The Stepford Wives is set in a specific tony community in Connecticut. Lots and lots of libbies here–I mean, there.

MisterElephant on May 22, 2012 at 5:05 PM

They won’t confiscate the phones or prohibit kids from possessing them, because many kids need them to arrange rides home from after-school activities and communicate with working parents.

rockmom on May 22, 2012 at 4:07 PM

I grew up at a time where there were very, very few cell phones. There were probably about three in the entire nation, and they were the size of bricks. We got by without them.

If you needed a phone, you hunted down a pay phone or went to the principal’s office and politely asked to use a secretary’s phone.

People just like the convenience of them; they’re not absolute necessities, especially not for children.

TigerPaw on May 22, 2012 at 5:06 PM

That was easy:

Since students
may need cell phones before or after school
they are permitted on campus as long as they
are turned off and put away during the school
day. If electronics are seen or heard, they
will be taken and a parent will have to pick
them up. Cell phones must be turned off and
put away during the school day. Students
repeatedly bringing electronics to school may
face additional disciplinary consequences.

The justification most likely falls under the “disruption” category. I don’t blame em. My kid would text 24/7 with Ipod buds shoved in her ears if she had her way.

RobertE on May 22, 2012 at 5:07 PM

Deanna on May 22, 2012 at 5:03 PM

Or you could install white noise generators, which would ruin any attempt at open air recordings (a noisy fan would work too).

BobMbx on May 22, 2012 at 5:09 PM

Back when I was a teen, we had very small tape recording devices. No visuals, but you could get audio.

These days, you can get video recorders in what looks like pens, and ones built into eye glass frames and other products.

TigerPaw on May 22, 2012 at 5:09 PM

Am I the only one that thinks the teacher on the recording sounds black? Honestly, I can’t see how that aspect of this story can not be part of what is going on. Her devotion to Obama is fanatical for some reason and I’d bet dollars to donuts that it is because she sees him as HER president because they share a racial profile. Which would make her, by definition, a racist.

MikeA on May 22, 2012 at 5:13 PM

hope i can still affort private school to my kids for many years, my problem is not the indoctrination part, my problem is with stupid people teaching my kids…

nathor on May 22, 2012 at 5:14 PM

Thanks for representing those of us not yet in the get-off-my-lawn contingent of the conservative right. I love this kid and his hair.

msmveritas on May 22, 2012 at 4:35 PM

The number of posts commenting on this kid’s appearance/hair is ridiculous. He’s got more cojones than most kids his age. Apparently I missed the email that stated that one’s hair had to be a high-and-tight to be intelligent, if one is a HS male.

/sarc

Ygritte on May 22, 2012 at 5:18 PM

(etc.)

Harbingeing on May 22, 2012 at 5:01 PM”

+7%…!!!

Seven Percent Solution on May 22, 2012 at 5:19 PM

Hunter spoke better than OBarry does… and without a teleprompter.
2 weekends ago I found myself in a bit of an argument with a very slightly recovering Obama worshiper… I stated that one of the scariest things about Obama’s election 3 years ago was that people were not being allowed to talk bad about the guy… Here’s to hoping that guy sees this kid… And I rest my case.

RalphyBoy on May 22, 2012 at 5:20 PM

Won’t work. Sure, they can ban them, but they won’t have the resources to deter someone who is determined. If you want to expose a corrupt and incompetent teacher, just take the camera, try not to get caught, and dare them to complain when you expose them. Everyone who does this kind of thing is doing it covertly already.

When someone’s gotten to the point where they are willing to go to the trouble of recording their teacher to expose wrong-doing, threatening them with detention isn’t going to stop them.

RINO in Name Only on May 22, 2012 at 5:23 PM

When I was in highschool, we had a teacher who regularly bullied his students. One of my classmates brought a recorder to class (we didn’t have cell phones quite this sophisticated at the time) and recorded the teacher making an arse of himself in front of the class.

Then the student went to the principal with the recording. The principal refused to listen to it. Would not even allow the kid to hit the play button.

Years later, enough of a stink was made, so the board decided the best solution was to remove this teacher away from the students. How did they do this? Why they gave him a promotion, raised his salary, and put him on the board.

At least he was away from the kids. :-|

Book on May 22, 2012 at 5:25 PM

Everyone mocking this kids hair should be ashamed of yourselves.

Spliff Menendez on May 22, 2012 at 5:26 PM

Great Kid!

Let’s prep him to infiltrate the Occupy movement. Outfit him with a spy video camera and a bug. The lame-os at OWS will love his hair and assume he’s ready for bomb throwing.

vilebody on May 22, 2012 at 5:27 PM

rickyricardo on May 22, 2012 at 4:49 PM

ben franklin was mostly bald and was trying to discover the comb-over. jefferson and washington wore wigs. for some real hair check out jackson’s wild crazy a$$ do.

chasdal on May 22, 2012 at 5:28 PM

MadCon cmonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn – who CARES about young Hunter’s hair style?

The astronomically larger concern is that sorry-excuse-for-a-teacher probably could not give the correct definition of ‘slander’ if we offered her $100 cash!

Katfish on May 22, 2012 at 5:31 PM

And how many kids are going to film teachers who are competent and doing their jobs in a professional manner on YouTube?

Boooooorrrrring.

Also, what’s the big deal if a kid’s texting or surfing on his cell phone instead of learning? Surely if allowed that would be yet another indication that the government schools are incompetent and don’t really care about education.

This kind of stuff is annoying, but I suppose we need to learn obnoxiousness from the Libtards so that we’re in a better position to beat them at their own game?

Dr. ZhivBlago on May 22, 2012 at 5:31 PM

nitzsche on May 22, 2012 at 4:45 PM

I don’t think it’s ever helpful to criticize for appearance but it doesn’t stop many posters here from doing so whenever there’s someone they disagree with.

rjl1999 on May 22, 2012 at 5:34 PM

He’s a hero. He gives me hope for our future.

And he looks just great to me.

LASue on May 22, 2012 at 5:36 PM

His appearance reminds me of this guy. Yeah, appearance means nothing, folks.

Sekhmet on May 22, 2012 at 5:39 PM

Someone please get that kid a haircut. Please.

MadisonConservative on May 22, 2012 at 4:03 PM

Oy vey.

CorporatePiggy on May 22, 2012 at 4:06 PM

Burke on May 22, 2012 at 4:55 PM

….HEY!….I’m praying that more kids who LOOK LIKE THAT…are thinking the same way!
(in the 60′s and 70′s you know how they thought and what wethey smoked!)

KOOLAID2 on May 22, 2012 at 5:40 PM

Everyone mocking this kids hair should be ashamed of yourselves.

Spliff Menendez on May 22, 2012 at 5:26 PM

It’s called envy. He has impact and they don’t.

VorDaj on May 22, 2012 at 5:40 PM

He’s a hero. He gives me hope for our future.

And he looks just great to me.

LASue on May 22, 2012 at 5:36 PM

Actually, he looks pretty smart to me. Smarter than his so-called teacher. And I am a teacher (university) myself.

I cannot listen to her verbal screed. Every time I hear her interrupt him with her screech to prevent him from making his totally valid point, I have to quit. My bp can only go so high.

IrishEyes on May 22, 2012 at 5:42 PM

Everyone mocking this kids hair should be ashamed of yourselves.

Spliff Menendez on May 22, 2012 at 5:26 PM

It’s called envy. He has impact and they don’t.

VorDaj on May 22, 2012 at 5:40 PM

Or perhaps he has hair and they don’t.

slickwillie2001 on May 22, 2012 at 5:44 PM

Since when was swearing in the class room okay? What a lame excuse for a teacher overall. I hope this kid is one of many shining examples of standing up to a tyrant.

samazf on May 22, 2012 at 5:46 PM

With regards to the kid’s hair, it goes along with his attitude. He’s obviously got a non-conformist streak, which is a good thing in this day and age. At least it’s combed and doesn’t look like a rat’s nest.

Walter Sobchak on May 22, 2012 at 5:49 PM

FYI – I actually received a response from the Rowan-Salisbury Superintendent Judy Grissom – the last 2 exchanges are below:

Well Superintendent Grissom KUDOS to you for taking the time to reply – I can only imagine the flood of emails that are likely arriving. PLEASE do pass my comments along the the Board if you would – by your comments (even though I suspect your are at the very least ‘partially handcuffed’ by political correctness) I suspect you might be just as ASHAMED of this horrendous excuse of a teacher as most of US are in the rest of Texas and across the United States.

Sincerely,

Judy Grissom 4:17 PM (31 minutes ago)

to me

I agree.

Keep those letters flying folks!

Administration Master List

Katfish on May 22, 2012 at 5:52 PM

In our school district, cell phones have been banned since the beginning since kids refuse to stop texting or playing games during class. My kids weren’t allowed a cell phone until they started high school and I insisted they carry it at all times as a safety precaution since we live in the same school district as Columbine.

That doesn’t mean that they always forgot to turn them off during class, but they either apologized for the interruption or the phone was confiscated and returned after class.

My kids were also very good at debating leftist teachers, they never backed down and were sometimes punished for it.

When I read this to my daughter, she reminded me of the history teacher who insisted that George Washington wasn’t our first president. When I researched what he said, I found a huge disinformation campaign in the black education community (and this teacher was not black) regarding John Hanson. A bunch of baloney that has been debunked over and over, but these people refuse to believe anything else.

My son breathed a sigh of relief when he got the conservative economics teacher his senior year, instead of the crazy leftist one or the meathead, boring football coach.

I am thankful that my kids are now all out of the public school system. If I had it to do over again, I would homeschool.

Common Sense on May 22, 2012 at 5:55 PM

His appearance is irrelevant. His intellect, however, is not. More power to him

jayhawkingeorgia on May 22, 2012 at 5:57 PM

rickyricardo on May 22, 2012 at 4:49 PM

I think most of the Founders were wearing powdered wigs in most of the paintings we see of them.

Walter Sobchak on May 22, 2012 at 5:57 PM

Here is why this young man’s actions are so important: Where did he get the information that Obama bullied a girl? He certainly did not get that information from the Democrat Media-Complex! That information came from right leaning blogs and then was spread on twitter and then was mentioned a few times on Fox News.

As Charlie Sheen would say “Winning!”

So keep at it bloggers and keep tweeting tweeters! If a 10th grade kid in High School is learning things about Obama that the media doesn’t want him to know, then you know there are millions of other people doing the same.

I was in the check line at Target last month and two teen age girls were behind me in line and they were talking about Trayvon and recalling facts about the incident that they could have only learned online.

The Democrat Media-Complex no longer has a tight grip on information and they no longer control the meme machine.

OxyCon on May 22, 2012 at 5:59 PM

Cell phones were already banned back when I was in high school in the early 00′s… and that didn’t stop anyone. Even if the schools ban smart phones, most kids are just going to bring them anyway. There will continue to be a steady stream of these types of recordings even if the schools try to crack down. The students will just start altering the video and the file information so that the school can’t be sure who recorded it.

Lawdawg86 on May 22, 2012 at 6:00 PM

The War Planner on May 22, 2012 at 5:01 PM

I saw that. ; )

Bmore on May 22, 2012 at 6:05 PM

Ban student cell phones? HAHAHAHA Now there’s a plan just waiting to backfire.

MrX on May 22, 2012 at 6:06 PM

What it with the F@RTS here criticizing this guy?!
Did you hear him? His teacher said Romney was a bully and he said Now wait a minute! Obama bullied, too and he stood there and stood his ground while that teacher went insane on him.

Pardon our bad manners, young man.

Marcus on May 22, 2012 at 4:27 PM

Thank you. The kid is more of a standup guy than our current president or nominee. I’m sure some of the apearance critcs have some teen pix hidden.

katy the mean old lady on May 22, 2012 at 6:06 PM

Everyone mocking this kids hair should be ashamed of yourselves.

Spliff Menendez on May 22, 2012 at 5:26 PM

he is a fat ugly kid which the long hair only makes his appearance look more bizarre. the first seconds i was watching the video i thought he was a very ugly girl. apart from that, he seems a reasonable intelligent kid…
lol!

nathor on May 22, 2012 at 6:14 PM

lol!

nathor on May 22, 2012 at 6:14 PM

Let me guess, you’re a liberal. Right?
I heard your wife has to shave her tongue and her back.

CherryBombsBigBrownBeaver on May 22, 2012 at 6:24 PM

Yeah, kid’s hair is shorter than mine. I played in metal bands, etc. And I still turned out with pretty rock solid conservacreds…. The haircut does not make the man.

DStreete on May 22, 2012 at 6:32 PM

Let me guess, you’re a liberal. Right?
I heard your wife has to shave her tongue and her back.

CherryBombsBigBrownBeaver on May 22, 2012 at 6:24 PM

not a liberal, just a bitter libertarian.

eh, since when this kid become our hero to deserve such defense against the reality of his appearance?

this story confirms first of all, that many of our teachers are idiots

nathor on May 22, 2012 at 6:36 PM

Has anybody ever seen high school pics of Rush Limbaugh?

starboard lookout on May 22, 2012 at 6:37 PM

DStreete on May 22, 2012 at 6:32 PM

you are right, fat camp does the man! lol!

nathor on May 22, 2012 at 6:38 PM

So when will Barry interject himself into this, maybe invite the kid and teacher over for a beer and a ‘teachable moment’.

I’d pay big bucks for the kid to say, “With all due respect for your office Mr. President, you sir, are a socialist fool.”

GarandFan on May 22, 2012 at 6:44 PM

Let me guess, you’re a liberal. Right?
I heard your wife has to shave her tongue and her back.

CherryBombsBigBrownBeaver on May 22, 2012 at 6:24 PM

not a liberal, just a bitter libertarian.

this story confirms first of all, that many of our teachers are idiots

nathor on May 22, 2012 at 6:36 PM

And you prove that many bitter libertarians are a holes.

CherryBombsBigBrownBeaver on May 22, 2012 at 6:44 PM

Hmmm…Libfreeordie..’Tenured Professor of the Humanities’ is strangely absent from this thread…

BigWyo on May 22, 2012 at 6:47 PM

< It's obvious by her voice that she is Black! No one in any of these reports has mentioned this fact! Isn't it a shame that everyone is afraid of being called a Racist for telling the truth? We all know that a Black person can commit murder and all Blacks will come to their defense simply because of their color! Does the name O.J. Simpson sound familiar? The problem is getting worse since this Mutant is in the White House! We must get rid of him in November!

Jersey Dan on May 22, 2012 at 6:50 PM

I am a teacher at a private school, and we have never allowed cell phones at school. They are a brutal disruption to student attention, and I absolutely agree that a cell phone is permissible.

Compromise Solution: My students have laptops, and they are allowed to record my lessons with permission. I have no problems with my activities in the classroom being recorded on audio.

Realize of course that 90% of my socialist liberal peers would disagree with this and scream bloody murder, but I have to say that cell phones are NOT the answer. Students play with them, and they are too much of a temptation.

HTnFBCoachnTX1980 on May 22, 2012 at 6:53 PM

< It's obvious by her voice that she is Black! No one in any of these reports has mentioned this fact! Isn’t it a shame that everyone is afraid of being called a Racist for telling the truth? We all know that a Black person can commit murder and all Blacks will come to their defense simply because of their color! Does the name O.J. Simpson sound familiar? The problem is getting worse since this Mutant is in the White House! We must get rid of him in November!

Jersey Dan on May 22, 2012 at 6:50 PM

its was sooo good that no one mentioned it until you came along with your racist rant.
lets say that she is overly defensive of obama because she is black, that does not mean that all black politicians are racist too and are to be excluded from political consideration.

nathor on May 22, 2012 at 7:03 PM

Jersey Dan on May 22, 2012 at 6:50 PM

nathor on May 22, 2012 at 7:03 PM

Are you in any way related to Nancy Pelosi?

CherryBombsBigBrownBeaver on May 22, 2012 at 7:05 PM

I can’t believe you clowns harping on this kid about his looks. You jack wagons need to check yourselves. This kid has more smarts than any real “hippie” running around out there right now. Unfreakingbelievable.

JAGonzo on May 22, 2012 at 7:05 PM

And you prove that many bitter libertarians are a holes.

CherryBombsBigBrownBeaver on May 22, 2012 at 6:44 PM

humm, so sensitive? do you really care about this kid?

nathor on May 22, 2012 at 7:08 PM

Are you in any way related to Nancy Pelosi?

CherryBombsBigBrownBeaver on May 22, 2012 at 7:05 PM

Well, with his ranting about weight and hair length, he is certainly no libertarian.

Bitter, or otherwise.

Its Michele 0 that is on the health kick, Maybe nathor is her.

cozmo on May 22, 2012 at 7:10 PM

And you prove that many bitter libertarians are a holes.

CherryBombsBigBrownBeaver on May 22, 2012 at 6:44 PM

humm, so sensitive? do you really care about this kid?

nathor on May 22, 2012 at 7:08 PM

I care about his right to speak. A teenager making sense, and here you are, a jackhole ripping him on a conservative blog for standing up to his idiot teacher, and all you can do is attack his weight and hair.
Bitter douchbag.

CherryBombsBigBrownBeaver on May 22, 2012 at 7:12 PM

Are you in any way related to Nancy Pelosi?

CherryBombsBigBrownBeaver on May 22, 2012 at 7:05 PM

i would say that letting clearly racist statements be unchallenged in this forum is a typical liberal behavior, are you a democrat?

nathor on May 22, 2012 at 7:13 PM

Are you in any way related to Nancy Pelosi?

CherryBombsBigBrownBeaver on May 22, 2012 at 7:05 PM

Bitter, or otherwise.

Its Michele 0 that is on the health kick, Maybe nathor is her.

cozmo on May 22, 2012 at 7:10 PM

Hathor must think libertarian means douche nozzle. A bitter one.

CherryBombsBigBrownBeaver on May 22, 2012 at 7:14 PM

This is not a kid; it’s Jack Black messing with us.

Rusty Allen on May 22, 2012 at 7:17 PM

Bitter douchbag.

CherryBombsBigBrownBeaver on May 22, 2012 at 7:12 PM

this story about an idiot teacher does not deserve such seriousness.

nathor on May 22, 2012 at 7:20 PM

this story about an idiot teacher does not deserve such seriousness.

nathor on May 22, 2012 at 7:20 PM

nathor on May 22, 2012 at 5:14 PM

Hypocrisy much?

cozmo on May 22, 2012 at 7:23 PM

It’s obvious by her voice that she is Black! No one in any of these reports has mentioned this fact! Isn’t it a shame that everyone is afraid of being called a Racist for telling the truth? We all know that a Black person can commit murder and all Blacks will come to their defense simply because of their color! Does the name O.J. Simpson sound familiar? The problem is getting worse since this Mutant is in the White House! We must get rid of him in November!

Jersey Dan on May 22, 2012 at 6:50 PM

Who cares if she’s black or not? I assume no one mentioned it because it’s irrelevant.

Why do you care?

RINO in Name Only on May 22, 2012 at 7:27 PM

Bitter douchbag.

CherryBombsBigBrownBeaver on May 22, 2012 at 7:12 PM

this story about an idiot teacher does not deserve such seriousness.

nathor on May 22, 2012 at 7:20 PM

Neither do your comments.

CherryBombsBigBrownBeaver on May 22, 2012 at 7:31 PM

The kid just a victory for freedom of speech by a defeating a communist goon. But some keyboard warriors would rather talk about the kid’s long hair…nice. He could have been sporting a Mohawk for all I care. He is more of a man than some of our Ivy League educated GOP establishment who think Obama is unbeatable and almost god like in his powers. But…I know they have great haircuts…and the folds in their pants are perfect!!

William Eaton on May 22, 2012 at 7:32 PM

Hypocrisy much?

cozmo on May 22, 2012 at 7:23 PM

where is the hypocrisy? this story just confirms what i already knew, that public schools bad. this episode just made a demonstration of it.
because my kids are not in public schools, i really don’t care much about it.

nathor on May 22, 2012 at 7:35 PM

because my kids are not in public schools, i really don’t care much about it.

nathor on May 22, 2012 at 7:35 PM

Then, why don’t you go crawl back under your rock then.

CherryBombsBigBrownBeaver on May 22, 2012 at 7:40 PM

Burke on May 22, 2012 at 4:55 PM

For me, his hair is a source of irony… a long-haired youth fighting against ‘the man’.

The humor of it… in 2012, ‘the man’ is a leftist union thug moron… and the sort of type that in 1968 would be throwing flaming bags of poo at ‘the pigs’.

The irony is so delicious, it doesn’t even need salt or pepper.

CPT. Charles on May 22, 2012 at 7:41 PM

Premature, I know, but here is my submission for tonight’s QOTD music vid:

The War Planner on May 22, 2012 at 5:01 PM

Excellent choice!

redridinghood on May 22, 2012 at 7:41 PM

Neither do your comments.

CherryBombsBigBrownBeaver on May 22, 2012 at 7:31 PM

my comments have the seriousness of a joke and they are appropriate for to this thread.
lol
you are the one that cared about the fat ugly kid being called a fat ugly kid.
lol!