NC student on pro-Obama teacher who berated him: “She doesn’t want to hear anything but what she believes in”

posted at 4:01 pm on May 22, 2012 by Allahpundit

The follow-up to yesterday’s viral vid du jour. It’s nice that this kid is getting some TV time for exposing his teacher but the Fox News interview doesn’t do justice to how savvy he is. For that, read the Salisbury Post:

“I didn’t think that it was going to be like this, but honestly I’m excited,” he said. “I want people to see this, let this be an example.”…

“I videoed this because there are millions of kids going home every day telling their parents there is a teacher doing this, and a lot of parents think because teachers are role models they can’t be doing anything that bad,” Rogers said…

Hunter Rogers said he felt like Dixon-Neely was “lying to my face” when she said that people have been arrested for speaking ill of the president.

“Either she was lying to me or she didn’t know any better,” he said. “But I know way better, I know that nobody can take away your freedom of speech unless you threaten the president.”

His parents have pulled him out of the school because of all the attention the incident’s gotten. I was thinking while I watched the clip that there’s bound to be lots, lots more of this sort of thing bubbling up online now that smart phones are ubiquitous even among young teenagers, but Ace is already one step ahead:

Oh, by the way: Know that the next step, coming to your school, is a ban on recording devices or cell phones with a recording feature.

They don’t want people to know how awful and incompetent many of them are, and they’ll make up any pretext for keeping this a secret.

So expect your local schools to begin banning recording devices, arguing it’s “disruptive” to orderliness and “promotes a climate of suspicion and guardedness rather than openness and honesty.”

Meaning: The Teachers Union teachers could not keep their jobs if the public got a look inside the classroom.

Fight this when it comes to your town– because it is coming.

Exactly. It’s not just the attempt at indoctrination that made this a hit online; Rogers didn’t end up being indoctrinated, after all. It’s the fact that his teacher really might not have known that you can’t be arrested for criticizing the president. (Per the blockquote, note that even Rogers isn’t sure whether she’s lying or just tremendously ignorant.) That’s what the unions will worry about — not that indoctrination will be exposed, since that can hypothetically be cured with a reprimand and a blanket “no politics in the classroom” rule, but the fact that some of them simply don’t know what they’re talking about when they’re at the blackboard. If YouTube clips start revealing incompetence, that’s a much bigger threat to their institutional prerogatives. The obvious solution: A ban on student cell phones. As Ace says, it’s coming.

Your homework assignment this afternoon is to read Troy Senik’s tribute to the worst union in America.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

Someone please get that kid a haircut. Please.

MadisonConservative on May 22, 2012 at 4:03 PM

Class Dismissed… Err, Teacher dismissed…

SWalker on May 22, 2012 at 4:03 PM

This is 100 percent true, all teachers unions should be disbanded and then legally barred from ever forming again.

SWalker on May 22, 2012 at 4:05 PM

You just gotta’ know the teacher is livid now.

cozmo on May 22, 2012 at 4:06 PM

This is totally hypocritical but…someone should have cleaned that kid up before going on national television.

Oy vey.

CorporatePiggy on May 22, 2012 at 4:06 PM

My kids’ schools have never allowed cell phones to be turned on during class time. If they did, kids would sit there and text each other and play Angry Birds all day. Has nothing to do with preventing kids from videotaping bad teachers. They won’t confiscate the phones or prohibit kids from possessing them, because many kids need them to arrange rides home from after-school activities and communicate with working parents.

rockmom on May 22, 2012 at 4:07 PM

“She doesn’t want to hear anything but what she believes in”

Ah the leftist “open mind” is on display again.

rbj on May 22, 2012 at 4:07 PM

Someone please get that kid a haircut. Please.

MadisonConservative on May 22, 2012 at 4:03 PM

I agree, but no! He looks more like an Occupier than a Romney defender and that’s good. The state-run media won’t know how to deal.

ncborn on May 22, 2012 at 4:07 PM

Also, is that Donkeylips from Nickelodeon’s “Hey Dude”?

MadisonConservative on May 22, 2012 at 4:08 PM

Someone please get that kid a haircut. Please.

MadisonConservative on May 22, 2012 at 4:03 PM

Agreed.

But as a teacher, I’d say cell phone bans are important. How many kids do you think are using them to tape moronic teachers, and how many are using them to goof off? If you’ve ever had to teach a class, you’ll see what I’m getting at. Besides, how did teachers get in trouble before iPhones? I’m pretty sure it’s still possible if you’ve got a classroom of kids agreeing the teacher was out of line.

Living4Him5534 on May 22, 2012 at 4:08 PM

rockmom on May 22, 2012 at 4:07 PM

Heck, you can get a pen that records nowdays.

This will be the “in” thing next year.

cozmo on May 22, 2012 at 4:09 PM

You just gotta’ know the teacher is livid now.

cozmo on May 22, 2012 at 4:06 PM

You can get odds in Vegas that she doesn’t know what that means.

BobMbx on May 22, 2012 at 4:09 PM

Get a haircut you dang hippie.

The Rogue Tomato on May 22, 2012 at 4:10 PM

This has been going on for decades, it’s going to take quite some time to undo the brain damage inflicted through these tactics.

It’s getting out, though – thanks to the “new media” & instant 24/7 coverage.

You’re exactly right on the attempted cell phone ban – the good little UFT Marxists will try to keep this gravy train going for as long as possible.

ICanSeeNovFromMyHouse on May 22, 2012 at 4:11 PM

SWalker on May 22, 2012 at 4:05 PM

Yep.

And that is the way it SHOULD be. That teacher IS EMPLOYED by both the student and his parents. They should NEVER be allowed to act that way. There is a huge difference between discipline and dictatorship.

wildcat72 on May 22, 2012 at 4:11 PM

You just gotta’ know the teacher is livid now.

cozmo on May 22, 2012 at 4:06 PM

Mildly annoyed, more likely. She was suspended with pay, remember? I would do pretty much any crime, shy of taking life, to be punished that way.

Archivarix on May 22, 2012 at 4:11 PM

At my daughter’s middle school, if they get caught with a phone at school, it is taken away, the parent has to go to the school to retrieve it, and the student gets 3 hours detention. Second offense, you don’t get the phone back at all.

Night Owl on May 22, 2012 at 4:11 PM

Living4Him5534 on May 22, 2012 at 4:08 PM

Good point. Let’s destroy all chance of gathering evidence on the horrific state of public school teachers instead of telling said teachers to throw disruptive students out of their class…you know, like it’s supposed to work.

MadisonConservative on May 22, 2012 at 4:11 PM

Any bets she’s ‘an Affirmative Action’ teacher?

GarandFan on May 22, 2012 at 4:11 PM

As a teacher, I work in a school where we do ban cell phones in the classroom, and there are some pretty good reasons for doing so. Stop and think for a second… cheating, inappropriate material, cyber bullying, disruptive ‘note-passing’ via text, etc. Bravo for this kid, but don’t get too carried away protecting student cell phone rights. Such ‘rights’ don’t exist.

ndalager on May 22, 2012 at 4:12 PM

why the haircut.. I’m a strong conservative w/ a ponytail.. Shocks the sh-t out of people to hear my politics..

I like that fact he has long hair but breaks the “stereotype” of stupid stoner type..

theblacksheepwasright on May 22, 2012 at 4:12 PM

Mitt Romney to attach this dude at any moment with scissors!

WaPo is ready!

SouthernGent on May 22, 2012 at 4:13 PM

Mitt Romney to attach this dude at any moment with scissors!

WaPo is ready!

SouthernGent on May 22, 2012 at 4:13 PM

Attack, even

SouthernGent on May 22, 2012 at 4:13 PM

Any bets she’s ‘an Affirmative Action’ teacher?

GarandFan on May 22, 2012 at 4:11 PM

Google her name, and you’ll pull up picutres that will answer that one.

Wethal on May 22, 2012 at 4:14 PM

Living4Him5534 on May 22, 2012 at 4:08 PM

You’re assuming the students have some point of reference to make that judgement with. What if one student in that class was unaware of the law, at all, about speech against a sitting president? After that class, that student would have learned you can be arrested for “talkin’ jive’ ’bout Obama”.

This was a high school class, so the the kids probably have some idea. Now imagine that falsehood being taught in the 2nd grade. I suggest thats where the teacher learned it.

BobMbx on May 22, 2012 at 4:14 PM

Breitbart is here.

Lest we forget.

Chaz706 on May 22, 2012 at 4:14 PM

The kid looks Cherokee to me. Maybe 1/32 or so.

spiritof61 on May 22, 2012 at 4:14 PM

Get a haircut you dang hippie.

The Rogue Tomato on May 22, 2012 at 4:10 PM

Nah, let Romney’s classmates hold him down while Romney gives him the haircut.

Mildly annoyed, more likely.
Archivarix on May 22, 2012 at 4:11 PM

No way, this kid has made her a national punchline. She can be the number 1 attention whor seeker in the world and this bad publicity would still eat at her.

cozmo on May 22, 2012 at 4:15 PM

Someone please get that kid a haircut. Please.

MadisonConservative on May 22, 2012 at 4:03 PM

Indeed . . . . otherwise, he’s great.

listens2glenn on May 22, 2012 at 4:15 PM

heh!! If a ban on pizza and Coke in the cafeteria won’t do it, taking away their gadget sure as hell will! You’ll have twitchy thumbed kiddos spacing off walking into walls and crying uncontrollably as they tear the school apart getting their phone back.

I don’t see this ending well (for the unions that is).

ted c on May 22, 2012 at 4:15 PM

Dude looks like a lady.

RedNewEnglander on May 22, 2012 at 4:15 PM

First, I expect social studies teachers to know The Constitution.

Second, I expect all teachers to speak English.

This teacher failed on both. FIRE HER!

jukin3 on May 22, 2012 at 4:15 PM

theblacksheepwasright on May 22, 2012 at 4:12 PM

Ponytail is one thing. The kind of hair that kid has should only be possessed by people who wreck the s**t out of a guitar.

MadisonConservative on May 22, 2012 at 4:16 PM

Holy hair-dooo!

Anyway, Breitbart probably would have gotten this kid a scholarship. You did good, kid.

MeatHeadinCA on May 22, 2012 at 4:16 PM

Night Owl on May 22, 2012 at 4:11 PM

Thats called conversion, and is illegal. “Illegal search and seizure”. Look it up.

BobMbx on May 22, 2012 at 4:16 PM

BTW, this boy looks like a lot of high school freshmen and sophomores. My son had that much hair when he was 14 and so did most of his friends. They grew out of it. By the time they graduated all of them had short hair.

rockmom on May 22, 2012 at 4:16 PM

The kid looks like Rosie O’Donnell.

CycloneCDB on May 22, 2012 at 4:17 PM

No politics in social studies — How is that supposed to work?

You could have a “no questions and no discussion – either in or out of class” rule. But that sort of indoctrination is about as political as it’s possible to be.

logis on May 22, 2012 at 4:17 PM

Also, is that Donkeylips from Nickelodeon’s “Hey Dude”?

I think you mean Salute Your Shorts, sad we both know that, haha.

His hair’s ok for high school…but he’ll need to cut that soon enough. I’d have lost it if a teacher yelled/clapped her hands at me like that in high school.

nextgen_repub on May 22, 2012 at 4:18 PM

The kid looks like Rosie O’Donnell.

CycloneCDB on May 22, 2012 at 4:17 PM

Clearly more intelligent, though.

MeatHeadinCA on May 22, 2012 at 4:18 PM

Any bets she’s ‘an Affirmative Action’ teacher?

GarandFan on May 22, 2012 at 4:11 PM

Yep, got her teaching degree the same way little Bammie got his law degree. It’s an epidemic.

AA started purely as a system where ALL ELSE EQUAL, you gave the job/slot/whatever to the minority. Now it’s evolved into hard quotas and a separate channel. AA forces a separate grading curve for the minority, and for the awarding of degrees.

slickwillie2001 on May 22, 2012 at 4:18 PM

Where is video of the ‘smart’ teacher?

Schadenfreude on May 22, 2012 at 4:19 PM

You just gotta’ know the teacher is livid now.

cozmo on May 22, 2012 at 4:06 PM

If this story snowballs into a teenaged “movement” nationwide, there’s going to be a lot of livid teachers. : )

listens2glenn on May 22, 2012 at 4:19 PM

I love this kid. He’s obviously been taught well by his parents and he’s got enough courage to stand up to what is ostensibly an authority figure when they are patently wrong.

As to his hair… let him do what he wants with it. Its no worse than that ubiquitous skin head look, or that buzz cut that’s been so popular that suggests that these young men would rather not be bothered combing their hair at all. Its obvious that this young man both washes and combs his hair and when he’s ready he’ll cut it shorter. Besides, if he’s anything like much of the rest of the male population he’ll be losing his hair at some point, or at least much of it, and HE will be able to fondly remember when he had a full head of long, flowing locks. I can remember when young ladies found that look to be quite romantic, and if you look at the portraits of the Founding Fathers you’ll note a number of ponytails, including George Washington.

thatsafactjack on May 22, 2012 at 4:19 PM

Holy hair-dooo!

MeatHeadinCA on May 22, 2012 at 4:16 PM

Michael Savage has that covered. I heard him on the radio last night telling someone to get in touch with him to set up a scholarship.

Night Owl on May 22, 2012 at 4:19 PM

theblacksheepwasright on May 22, 2012 at 4:12 PM

Same here, plus I’m in California so it shocks people even more.

SWalker on May 22, 2012 at 4:19 PM

Affirmative Action

Schadenfreude on May 22, 2012 at 4:20 PM

Night Owl on May 22, 2012 at 4:19 PM

Good. We need more conservative thinkers in college.

MeatHeadinCA on May 22, 2012 at 4:21 PM

I like the kid’s haircut.

It just might mean that Obama’s “cool” factor is gone, and that Romney is the cutting edge now.

ex Dem from Miami on May 22, 2012 at 4:21 PM

I’m gonna hazard a guess on the latter.

Ugly on May 22, 2012 at 4:21 PM

listens2glenn on May 22, 2012 at 4:19 PM

Great idea!

MeatHeadinCA on May 22, 2012 at 4:22 PM

This should be happening in most of the college classrooms. If you think the high school teachers are rabid, sit in on a lecture by a tenured liberal PhD.

AubieJon on May 22, 2012 at 4:23 PM

kid needs a haircut and extreme makeover. sorry!

gemini on May 22, 2012 at 4:23 PM

Breitbart should hire the kid to infiltrate and record the OWS camps.

dentarthurdent on May 22, 2012 at 4:23 PM

I’m gonna hazard a guess on the latter.

Ugly on May 22, 2012 at 4:21 PM

I’m gonna hazard a guess on both.

jukin3 on May 22, 2012 at 4:24 PM

This kid did a great job here. Also, easy on the physical appearance comments. I’m sure he gets enough of that in high school. Which is to be expected….of 15 year olds.

GiantOrb on May 22, 2012 at 4:24 PM

Someone please get that kid a haircut. Please.

MadisonConservative on May 22, 2012 at 4:03 PM

Hunter Rogers is just fighting for his right to PARRRRTY!

*head bang*

BigGator5 on May 22, 2012 at 4:26 PM

AubieJon on May 22, 2012 at 4:23 PM

Yes and no. I had mixed experiences. I will say, though, that college profs do not look at themselves as your baby sitter and attendance is rarely mandatory.

MeatHeadinCA on May 22, 2012 at 4:26 PM

BobMbx on May 22, 2012 at 4:16 PM

I wondered about that, but I was more upset that I had to drive 30 miles to get the phone back and another 30 miles to pick her up from detention the next week. She only has 10 more days of school this year and we are doing cyber school next year, so it won’t be an issue till high school. I’ll have to check on their rules.

Night Owl on May 22, 2012 at 4:26 PM

theblacksheepwasright on May 22, 2012 at 4:12 PM
Same here, plus I’m in California so it shocks people even more.

SWalker on May 22, 2012 at 4:19 PM

I think it’s due to living in San Diego ;-)

theblacksheepwasright on May 22, 2012 at 4:26 PM

I’m gonna hazard a guess on the latter.

Ugly on May 22, 2012 at 4:21 PM

I’m going with a mix. She’s dumb enough to believe this should be the case, but knows she has no facts to back up her claim. Ignorant liar?

MeatHeadinCA on May 22, 2012 at 4:27 PM

What it with the F@RTS here criticizing this guy?!
Did you hear him? His teacher said Romney was a bully and he said Now wait a minute! Obama bullied, too and he stood there and stood his ground while that teacher went insane on him.

Pardon our bad manners, young man.

Marcus on May 22, 2012 at 4:27 PM

Hey! Teachaaa…Leave that kid alone!

ted c on May 22, 2012 at 4:28 PM

There is no reason why, with the low cost of digital cameras, that ALL public offices, including all public school classrooms, should not be made public to the taxpayers. Those in government want to put the public on camera at traffic intersections, on sidewalks, etc.; the public ought to be demanding that we first put cameras on the government officials so we can watch THEM.

Cold Warrior on May 22, 2012 at 4:28 PM

Someone please get that kid a haircut. Please.

MadisonConservative on May 22, 2012 at 4:03 PM

LOL! Yeah. It’s not a good look on him.

totherightofthem on May 22, 2012 at 4:29 PM

thatsafactjack on May 22, 2012 at 4:19 PM

That was my dad’s approach and it worked. I cut my hair after a few years, when I was ready.

thebrokenrattle on May 22, 2012 at 4:29 PM

The hysterical teacher is:
a High on crystal meth
b A crack head
c Stupid
d Typical union employee
e A paranoid schizophrenic
f An Obama stooge
g Severely brain damaged
h ALL THE ABOVE

MaiDee on May 22, 2012 at 4:31 PM

Night Owl on May 22, 2012 at 4:19 PM

I wish Rush and some of the other bigs would start a scholarship program of some kind. Rush could restore vouchers to the D.C. kids that little Bammie kicked to the curb, with his pocket money.

slickwillie2001 on May 22, 2012 at 4:31 PM

theblacksheepwasright on May 22, 2012 at 4:12 PM
Same here, plus I’m in California so it shocks people even more.

SWalker on May 22, 2012 at 4:19 PM

I think it’s due to living in San Diego ;-)

theblacksheepwasright on May 22, 2012 at 4:26 PM

ROTFLMAO… Maybe, but then again San Diego is wicked conservative for California… ;)

SWalker on May 22, 2012 at 4:31 PM

BobMbx on May 22, 2012 at 4:16 PM

You wanna scare the crap out of a school administrator? Tell them they conducted an illegal search of student property or forcefully detained students under duress for the purpose of conducting an illegal search.

If you spend a half an hour on the internet (the greatest thing since Gutenberg invented movable type) you can even start citing court cases to back up your argument.

Then just watch the color drain from their face.

I did it. And I’ll do it again, too.

I have no use for public school administrators or teachers unions. If it were up to me I’d close the damned things, fire all their worthless arses and fill the buildings with chicken coops.

I (actually my wife <3 )have home schooled my kids probably 30% of the total time they've been students.

And wouldn't you know it? One of my daughters attends the top high school in Massachusetts – and its a charter school that is in a building that used to be a furniture store. Its a friggin' dump. You freeze on the first floor and fry in the basement. But those kids and their non-union teachers are the best thing I have ever seen in education.

turfmann on May 22, 2012 at 4:31 PM

Someone please get that kid a haircut. Please.

Mitt?

(Oh it’s joke for cripes sakes. You know you were thinking it too…)

Bruno Strozek on May 22, 2012 at 4:31 PM

I really don’t care about the kid’s hair, especially considering the way other teenagers look these days.
What’s it matter how he looks – he’s a teenager who suddenly got thrown into the national spotlight – and his character is shining through in a big way.

dentarthurdent on May 22, 2012 at 4:32 PM

ndalager on May 22, 2012 at 4:12 PM

I agree with this. They are more disruptive than not. If you want to record an out of control teacher, use a digital recorder. They are small and will serve their purpose.

ramrants on May 22, 2012 at 4:32 PM

Living4Him5534 on May 22, 2012 at 4:08 PM

As a retired teacher I don’t/didn’t have a problem with cell phones in class. If it isn’t a test or quiz or the student isn’t disruptive what’s the problem? If the teacher catches cheating or disruptive behavior they can confiscate the device but return it after class. But if the student isn’t paying attention he or she can be asked to put it away. Students have always found a way to goof off, they used to pass notes or draw cartoons but we didn’t ban paper and pencil.

Deanna on May 22, 2012 at 4:33 PM

You can’t just hold ground here. We need to take ground.

Demand video / audio recording in ALL classrooms!

GardenGnome on May 22, 2012 at 4:33 PM

Ignorant liar?

MeatHeadinCA on May 22, 2012 at 4:27 PM

Too many of those ‘teaching’ our kids these days.

Ugly on May 22, 2012 at 4:33 PM

Clearly more intelligent, though.

MeatHeadinCA on May 22, 2012 at 4:18 PM

By far. The kid is right. She shouldn’t have been suspended with pay. She should have been fired outright. Damn unions.

totherightofthem on May 22, 2012 at 4:33 PM

Where is video of the ‘smart’ teacher?

Schadenfreude on May 22, 2012 at 4:19 PM

Already has over 800,000 views.

I listened to the entire 9:20 last night. She (the teacher) literally sounds like a carbon copy of a Wanda Sykes stereotype.

Del Dolemonte on May 22, 2012 at 4:33 PM

of course some are focusing on the hair, ideas are secondary…I wonder how Obama ever got elected, hmmmmmmm…

right2bright on May 22, 2012 at 4:34 PM

Yes, a ban on cell phones is coming. In fact I believe its already been instituted in some areas. However if they hope is that cell phones can be banned to protect ignorant under-qualified teachers, then the labor unions and bureaucrats are going to be sorely disappointed.

Cell Phones are routinely banned at places like trade events, at which well paid security companies actually do make an effort at preventing smart phones from getting in. Despite this, smart phones get in anyway, and as such pictures of new products and consumer devices usually hit the internet more quickly through unofficial channels than through the companies own website.

Smart phones are just too small, too easy to conceal, and too ubiquitous to keep them away from almost anything. So we WILL be seeing more video clips like this, it is inevitable regardless of what schools do.

WolvenOne on May 22, 2012 at 4:34 PM

BobMbx on May 22, 2012 at 4:16 PM

Nope. SCOTUS ruled years ago that students don’t have the same rights as adults. That’s the only way they could justify mass locker raids on school grounds. Look it up.

nukemhill on May 22, 2012 at 4:34 PM

If cops have to have dashcams, why not a webstreamed deskcam for all class rooms?

cozmo on May 22, 2012 at 4:35 PM

theblacksheepwasright on May 22, 2012 at 4:12 PM

Thanks for representing those of us not yet in the get-off-my-lawn contingent of the conservative right. I love this kid and his hair.

msmveritas on May 22, 2012 at 4:35 PM

Why is everyone dogging Jack Black about his hair?

kit dinker on May 22, 2012 at 4:36 PM

Cold Warrior on May 22, 2012 at 4:28 PM

Great idea. Agree 100%.

totherightofthem on May 22, 2012 at 4:36 PM

dentarthurdent on May 22, 2012 at 4:32 PM

Yep. Enough about his damn hair. That’s not what is important here.

nukemhill on May 22, 2012 at 4:36 PM

Cold Warrior on May 22, 2012 at 4:28 PM

Bingo. David Brin’d be proud of you!

nukemhill on May 22, 2012 at 4:37 PM

Oh, leave him alone about his hair, you crotchety old men! What, is Walgreens out of your favorite flavor of Ensure? He’s a teenager, when else can he look like that and not have to worry about it? I looked like a cockatoo back in the day.
This kid is clearly more intelligent than 52% of the voting public.

CherryBombsBigBrownBeaver on May 22, 2012 at 4:37 PM

I’m guessing those of you who are saying the teen should get a hair cut don’t have teenagers. Besides, it’s what’s in his head that is more important than what is on it. He handled himself well and is an independent thinker. He was way more respectful to the teacher than she was to him.
The other thing that bothers me about this teacher is her use of language and slang and her inability to run a discussion with the class without all the shouting and interupting.

hopeful on May 22, 2012 at 4:37 PM

Clearly more intelligent, though.

MeatHeadinCA on May 22, 2012 at 4:18 PM

Oh yeah – but his looks belie his intelligence.

CycloneCDB on May 22, 2012 at 4:39 PM

turfmann on May 22, 2012 at 4:31 PM

It is sad that this is what education has become in this country. There is such an erosion of trust that it is now about secretly recording classrooms and filing lawsuits.

I know that teachers and the education establishment brought this on themselves, which is why I don’t understand the good teachers that sit by quietly and say nothing. They allow these horrible, horrible teachers to define their profession. They pay for the price of their incompetent colleagues and administrators. Which leads me to believe that competent teachers are in the minority.

Are there any teachers (or spouse of a teacher) who can explain this? Why do the good ones sit by quietly and allow the bad ones to taint their profession?

ramrants on May 22, 2012 at 4:39 PM

I’m gonna hazard a guess on the latter.

Ugly on May 22, 2012 at 4:21 PM

The woman is stupid. How in all that’s holy she ever made it out of high school, let alone college (school of education notwithstanding) is a complete mystery to me. It’s criminal that she is actually a tenured (most likely) staff member of a school district charged with educating someone’s child.

totherightofthem on May 22, 2012 at 4:40 PM

Well,on a positive,I do like his United States Navy shirt!!

canopfor on May 22, 2012 at 4:40 PM

Dude looks like a lady.

RedNewEnglander on May 22, 2012 at 4:15 PM

That may be, but he is more man than most of our congressmen and maybe someday he will even be a detective for Joe Arpaio.

VorDaj on May 22, 2012 at 4:41 PM

Clearly more intelligent, though.

MeatHeadinCA on May 22, 2012 at 4:18 PM

Oh yeah – but his looks belie his intelligence.

CycloneCDB on May 22, 2012 at 4:39 PM

Then call Mitt in for a hair cut, old fart.

CherryBombsBigBrownBeaver on May 22, 2012 at 4:43 PM

Humph…his parents SHOULD have pulled him out of that school (a long time ago)…he’s obviously too smart to be in public school.

And as for his hair…*shrug* my husband’s is about that long. I think he’d do better to part it down the middle, but hey…it’s not my head.

sage0925 on May 22, 2012 at 4:43 PM

Deanna on May 22, 2012 at 4:33 PM

As the father of a kid who SURPASSED 4k texts in one month, I have to admire your naivete. I understand your point, in general, but it depends on the kid, the school & the parents. I didn’t even want my kids to have cell phones, but the ex spends her money the way she sees fit.

I hated to tell her “I told you so”, but I did (back before unlimited texts, this was).

That said, I have nothing but respect for my kid’s (just one in school now – a junior) teachers, but there’s always a bad apple in the bunch.

I just re-read what I typed here, and I hope it makes sense.

Ugly on May 22, 2012 at 4:44 PM

ramrants on May 22, 2012 at 4:39 PM

Two words: unions/administrators. My mother taught in Detroit for over 35 years. She routinely had national science fair winners and yet, when some lazy-ass kid and his/her supportive parent wanted to accuse her of not being a good teacher she had no back-up from the administration. Now, don’t get me wrong, she took crap from no one and never let them get away with anything. As to the bad teachers? She taught in Detroit. The administration and the bad teachers were kin, as it were. They sure weren’t going to let my mother fink on them and pay a price. So, they repeatedly tried to set her up for an unsatisfactory review. Too bad for them they were too stupid to succeed.

Anyhow, those that complain get set up for unsat reviews and hence, disciplinary action. That’s how the rot sets in and spreads.

totherightofthem on May 22, 2012 at 4:44 PM

Oh yeah – but his looks belie his intelligence.

CycloneCDB on May 22, 2012 at 4:39 PM

All the better for ambushing libtards.

dentarthurdent on May 22, 2012 at 4:44 PM

ramrants on May 22, 2012 at 4:39 PM

It’s called being vastly outnumbered. Think Custer.

VorDaj on May 22, 2012 at 4:44 PM