Quotes of the day

posted at 10:10 pm on May 17, 2012 by Allahpundit

Facebook co-founder Eduardo Saverin may not be allowed to return to the United States after he renounced his citizenship to save millions in tax

The timing of the move has raised eyebrows since Singapore does not have a capital gains tax, which could vastly reduce his bill on any [IPO] payout…

Despite leaving the U.S. behind, he will not avoid all taxes in the country.

He owes what is effectively an exit tax on capital gains from stock holdings, even if he doesn’t sell the shares, Reuven S. Avi-Yonah, from the University of Michigan’s law school, told Bloomberg.

***

This will be a brief note, because the likes of Eduardo Saverin merit only the tiniest slice of our attention. I will merely note that for some people, their citizenship is worth everything they have to give. For others, such as Saverin, it’s apparently worth a few million dollars. He fled to this country to save his life; now he’s fleeing from it to save his bank account?

The Schumer bill strikes me as a gimmicky waste of time, one that ironically enough treats citizenship in Saverin-style economic terms when it means much more. Mr. Saverin, you are certainly free to leave. I would merely ask that you never come back. Your very presence dishonors the memory of the men who died to create the refuge you so desperately needed when your family fled here almost two decades ago.

***

Whatever Mr. Saverin’s motivation, the more important point is that it is his decision, however misguided. America was built on millions of similar individual decisions to come to our shores. It is precisely that ability to decide for oneself that has made America such a magnet for two centuries.

The way to continue to be a magnet for the best and brightest is not to impose Soviet-style exit taxes to punish people who want to leave the country. That is what oppressive and demagogic regimes do, and it’s humiliating to see U.S. Senators posture in such fashion. The way to punish Mr. Saverin is to make the U.S. so appealing and dynamic again that he’ll be sorry he ever left.

***

It is the foolish and counter-productive tax policies of the left that are chasing Eduardo Saverin to another country, just as they are chasing companies away in increasing numbers. It is even more foolish to punish those people for leaving — what we should do is stop punishing them with high taxes so that they stay. We need to compete against the likes of Singapore. Singapore doesn’t make enemies of its most dynamic entrepreneurs and instead adopts pro-growth policies rationally aimed at improving everyone’s living standards. Naturally, when other countries adopt rational tax regimes, those countries with irrational ones (likes us) are put at a terrible disadvantage, but it’s our own fault. In particular it’s the fault of those who now propose the “Eduardo Law.”

As for Saverin being “ungrateful” in renouncing his citizenship, he might say the same of the U.S. government. After all, isn’t the U.S. being ungrateful to him by punishing his entrepreneurship?

The “Eduardo Law” is a terrible idea, and conservatives should fight it and everything like it tooth-and-nail. This is no time for cheap indignation targeted at individuals that are only doing what U.S. law impels them to do.

***

If high taxation chases successful people out of the country, that’s the country’s fault. Daniel Mitchell at the Cato Institute likens this to a “fiscal version of blaming the victim.” Obviously, attaching the word “victim” to a billionaire in an age of class warfare is not going to do much to bolster Saverin’s case. But human beings will act in their self interest. WE can’t stop it. Surely, with every person, there are a host of reasons for making these kinds of decisions – who knows, maybe Saverin hates eating American cuisine or the weather – but once the tax code pushes people away rather than entice them to come, something is wrong…

But even more irksome is the implicit message by some of those complaining about Saverin’s departure. Paying taxes is no measure of how grateful you are. Government should have no claim to a person’s wealth. We’re not letting him “keep” anything that isn’t his to begin with even if we don’t like what’s done.

There is a myth –often perpetuated by Democrats , and most (in)famously by Elizabeth Warren – that private sector success is predicated on a robust government. The reverse is true.

***

“I’m not a tax expert,” [Saverin] said. “We complied with all the known laws. There was an exit tax.” That tax is based on the assets held by a citizen leaving America. The exit tax was intended to make sure the departing wealthy paid something before they decamped.

He professes ignorance about his taxes and refuses to discuss his finances. “This had nothing to do with taxes,” he insisted. “I was born in Brazil, I was an American citizen for about 10 years. I thought of myself as a global citizen.”

***

At a news conference this morning, Sens. Schumer and Bob Casey, D-Pa., will unveil the “Ex-PATRIOT” – “Expatriation Prevention by Abolishing Tax-Related Incentives for Offshore Tenancy” – Act to respond directly to Saverin’s move, which they dub a “scheme” that would “help him duck up to $67 million in taxes.”

The senators will call Saverin’s move an “outrage” and will outline their plan to re-impose taxes on expatriates like Saverin even after they flee the United States and take up residence in a foreign country. Their proposal would also impose a mandatory 30 percent tax on the capital gains of anybody who renounces their U.S. citizenship.

The plan would bar individuals like Saverin from ever reentering the United States again.

***

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

Electrongod:I hear ya,my daughters single,at 20!:)

canopfor on May 17, 2012 at 11:24 PM

My only one daughter is 20…

Nervous…

Electrongod on May 17, 2012 at 11:27 PM

Now I’m going to have night mares. Ever see the movie Alien? This slimy thing smothers your face and wraps its tail around your neck and eventually impregnates your throat.

Next thing you know you are hatching another slimy rodent creature that eats its way out of your stomach.

But tarantulas are real and the Alien thing is fake. What is scarier, fiction or reality?

SparkPlug on May 17, 2012 at 11:27 PM

canopfor on May 17, 2012 at 11:15 PM
Good song.

Electrongod on May 17, 2012 at 11:20 PM

Electrongod:

Rush has a story of Donna Summer(audio),he met her on a airflight,
with links to his site,(transcript)!:)
======================================

canopfor on May 17, 2012 at 11:28 PM

A good question to ask is why doesn’t Chinese food include cheese? What the hell is wrong with those people.

Bishop on May 17, 2012 at 11:29 PM

canopfor on May 17, 2012 at 11:24 PM
My only one daughter is 20…

Nervous…

Electrongod on May 17, 2012 at 11:27 PM

Electrongod:I hear ya,”Daddys little Girl’!:)

canopfor on May 17, 2012 at 11:29 PM

Rush has a story of Donna Summer(audio),he met her on a airflight,
with links to his site,(transcript)!:)
======================================

canopfor on May 17, 2012 at 11:28 PM

I heard that this morning…

A doll..

Electrongod on May 17, 2012 at 11:30 PM

I would rather have the alien xenomorph inside of me than spiders. Because there is an off chance that you might survive the xenomorph alien bursting out, and if you do you would have a really great story to tell at parties.

Bishop on May 17, 2012 at 11:31 PM

Electrongod:I hear ya,”Daddys little Girl’!:)

canopfor on May 17, 2012 at 11:29 PM

So…
When the time comes….
And their boyfriend meets me….

Do I keep the gun out-of-sight?

Just fishing for info..

Electrongod on May 17, 2012 at 11:32 PM

make the very first post when they have nothing intelligent to say.
RINO in Name Only on May 17, 2012 at 11:01 PM

…I know I feel like a troll…when I do it!

KOOLAID2 on May 17, 2012 at 11:32 PM

China has enough cash to purchase Wisconsin. Cheese problem solved. But would they use it in their own Chinese menu food options? Prolly not but even lettuce would be a welcome addition. My hermit crab would be happy.

SparkPlug on May 17, 2012 at 11:34 PM

This is the perfect opportunity to ban dual citizenship. They can’t even call you a racist because of the basis this incident provides, Republicans!
Buddahpundit on May 17, 2012 at 11:10 PM

Jewsoos hardest hit, right?

aryeung on May 17, 2012 at 11:26 PM

Fixed. Either I’m missing some sarcasm, or you’re one of those charming Ron Paul supporters.

RINO in Name Only on May 17, 2012 at 11:34 PM

Bishop on May 17, 2012 at 11:29 PM

The only two things that all cultures throughout history have had in common are bread and fermented beverage (often, but not always, in the form of liquid bread). Cheese is not one of those things.

gryphon202 on May 17, 2012 at 11:35 PM

Electrongod on May 17, 2012 at 11:32 PM

Nooooooooooo, keep a cleaning kit handy…

Gohawgs on May 17, 2012 at 11:36 PM

Oops part three!
================

AMERICA WINS: Facebook Co-Founder Eduardo Saverin Will Pay His Taxes
May 17, 2012, 3:47 PM
**********************

Eduardo Saverin, co-founder of Facebook, could have saved at least $67 million by renouncing his U.S. citizenship and moving to Singapore, where the capital gains tax is 0%.

According to CNN’s Dana Bash, Saverin might pay those taxes after all. “He intends to pay all taxes he owes on us investments, despite renouncing us citizenship,” she tweeted.

Earlier today, senators Chuck Schumer and Bob Casey announced legislation that would impose a 30% capital gains tax on expats who leave the country for lower tax rates on investments. The senators mentioned Saverin by name in their press conference.

Looks like it worked! America wins!
(More……)
=============

canopfor on May 17, 2012 at 11:37 PM

I voted for Casey because Santorum’s stance on gays and abortion is so insane. But if I had known that Casey would sponsor Communist anti-Saverin legislation, I would have voted for Santorum. There is a point where Democratic economic insanity trumps social conservative insanity. I find that point to be here.

thuja on May 17, 2012 at 11:39 PM

Any spider big enough to grow hair is down right scary. The xenomorph had no hair at all. A freakin chupacabra is a run-way model compared to that butt ugly hairless xenomorph. If it did bust it’s way out of your gut you better get a vid cause no one will believe you except people from china.

SparkPlug on May 17, 2012 at 11:39 PM

RINO in Name Only on May 17, 2012 at 11:34 PM

Sarcasm. I don’t see how going after dual citizenship and loyalty would mix in with mainstream conservatism’s support for Israel.

aryeung on May 17, 2012 at 11:39 PM

Nooooooooooo, keep a cleaning kit handy…

Gohawgs on May 17, 2012 at 11:36 PM

Already done.

My daughter is an angel…(Yeah I know)…….

This situation will never come up……

*cough*

Electrongod on May 17, 2012 at 11:39 PM

…I know I feel like a troll…when I do it!

KOOLAID2 on May 17, 2012 at 11:32 PM

I tried it once before, but I waited too long and was second. I vowed then that the next time I made a jackass out of myself, I would do it decisively and without hesitation.

RINO in Name Only on May 17, 2012 at 11:39 PM

Cheese is not one of those things.

gryphon202 on May 17, 2012 at 11:35 PM

So wonder the world is so screwed up, we don’t all share a common cheese heritage.

Bishop on May 17, 2012 at 11:40 PM

thuja on May 17, 2012 at 11:39 PM

Of you had known? Hahaha. Lesson learned? I doubt.

aryeung on May 17, 2012 at 11:41 PM

Bishop on May 17, 2012 at 11:40 PM

You sound like a bonifide Wisconsinite. What is going on in Eau Claire tonight?

tom daschle concerned on May 17, 2012 at 11:41 PM

Xenomorphs probably originated in China, the birthplace for everything nasty (such as bird flu and Chow Mein).

Bishop on May 17, 2012 at 11:41 PM

Of=if

aryeung on May 17, 2012 at 11:42 PM

I wanted to get a hermit crab for my littlest daughter but she wanted a tarantula. So the wife got her a tarantula and now I have nightmares.

Bishop on May 17, 2012 at 11:15 PM

Bishop:Tarantuals eh,you might sleep better,if
she had a stun grenade instead,er…but then
theres that pin thingy….okay..forget my brilliant
idea!(sarc):)

canopfor on May 17, 2012 at 11:42 PM

When Chinese people take pictures do they still smile and say cheese? Or don’t they even have that word?

SparkPlug on May 17, 2012 at 11:42 PM

aryeung on May 17, 2012 at 11:39 PM

Why not?

RINO in Name Only on May 17, 2012 at 11:42 PM

ROFL you people got me wondering so I googled ‘do chinese eat cheese’

tom daschle concerned on May 17, 2012 at 11:44 PM

canopfor on May 17, 2012 at 11:42 PM

Tarantulas will only harm you if provoked. Unfortunately no one knows what pisses them off? They have a short fuse and a bad attitude to boot.

SparkPlug on May 17, 2012 at 11:45 PM

So…
When the time comes….
And their boyfriend meets me….

Do I keep the gun out-of-sight?

Just fishing for info..

Electrongod on May 17, 2012 at 11:32 PM

…I have two girls!…I give the boys a questionnaire that has boxes to check off…it’s two pages long! Questions like…have they ever had broken limbs… what area of the body would they LEAST like to be shot…phone numbers of every family member, priest, minister, rabbi…are they suppossed to be buried or cremated, do they have a family plot?…health care up-to-date?…do they know what “NO” means?…what a curfew is?…you know – just general questions!…When they fill it out…I know they’re ok!

KOOLAID2 on May 17, 2012 at 11:46 PM

“Cheese” in Mandarin is pronounced Bao Xi Lai.

Bishop on May 17, 2012 at 11:46 PM

RINO in Name Only on May 17, 2012 at 11:42 PM

Hey, we love Jews and really love Israel, but we’re not going to let you have dual citizenship because we find that suspicious? Would the good “Herr Doktor” Paul ever sound that “antisemitic?”

aryeung on May 17, 2012 at 11:48 PM

canopfor on May 17, 2012 at 11:29 PM
So…
When the time comes….
And their boyfriend meets me….

Do I keep the gun out-of-sight?

Just fishing for info..

Electrongod on May 17, 2012 at 11:32 PM

Electrongod:Good question,and on that note,there are posters
whinning about O/T,personal stories…..and since
I gots a warning shot awhile back….*wink-wink”,
I’m gitt’n,before I hear AP’s B-1 engines over head!
(a tad sarc)

Nite EG:)

canopfor on May 17, 2012 at 11:48 PM

SparkPlug on May 17, 2012 at 11:45 PM

They shoot the hairs out of their forelegs and abdomen when provoked. They

tom daschle concerned on May 17, 2012 at 11:48 PM

SparkPlug on May 17, 2012 at 11:42 PM

:)… R I C E!…(:

KOOLAID2 on May 17, 2012 at 11:49 PM

KOOLAID2 on May 17, 2012 at 11:46 PM

Daddy???

Just what my parents did..

Boy…..
I worked hard at trying to break the barrier when I was on the trail….

I had one success..

She is my daughter’s mother….
and my wife…..

It worked out…after all..

I will never tell that story to my daughter…

Electrongod on May 17, 2012 at 11:50 PM

They shoot the hairs out of their forelegs and abdomen when provoked. They

tom daschle concerned on May 17, 2012 at 11:48 PM

So do I, doesn’t make me a spider though.

Bishop on May 17, 2012 at 11:50 PM

ROFL you people got me wondering so I googled ‘do chinese eat cheese’

tom daschle concerned on May 17, 2012 at 11:44 PM

I was wondering what you found so I went to Google it myself. I typed in “do chinese eat” and the autocompletion gave me the options

“do chinese eat dogs”
“do chinese eat babies”
“do chinese eat cats”

Listed in that order.

Discuss.

RINO in Name Only on May 17, 2012 at 11:51 PM

They shoot the hairs out of their forelegs and abdomen when provoked. They

tom daschle concerned on May 17, 2012 at 11:48 PM

A xenomoroh could never do that but tarantulas don’t have acid blood that eats through titanium either.

SparkPlug on May 17, 2012 at 11:51 PM

Nite EG:)

canopfor on May 17, 2012 at 11:48 PM

LOL:)

Tomorrow…

Electrongod on May 17, 2012 at 11:51 PM

“Cheese” in Mandarin is pronounced Bao Xi Lai.

Bishop on May 17, 2012 at 11:46 PM

Cheese has pretty much become a non-person in China…

Punchenko on May 17, 2012 at 11:52 PM

The safest way to protect your dog from a chinaman wanting to eat it is to cover it with cheese.

SparkPlug on May 17, 2012 at 11:53 PM

So do I, doesn’t make me a spider though.

Bishop on May 17, 2012 at 11:50 PM

There is hope for you.

tom daschle concerned on May 17, 2012 at 11:55 PM

aryeung on May 17, 2012 at 11:39 PM

How many citizenships should an American be allowed to have? 2 is kind of an arbitrary number, isn’t it? What if all Americans had like 7 or 8 citizenships? Would that be cool or do you think all Americans should only have dual citizenship? Or do you think it should be reserved for a privileged few?

Jews don’t need to have dual citizenship anymore than an Italian needs dual citizenship.

Buddahpundit on May 17, 2012 at 11:56 PM

What do you cover a dog with to protect it from a hungry gay president?

Bishop on May 17, 2012 at 11:58 PM

What do you cover a dog with to protect it from a hungry gay president?

Bishop on May 17, 2012 at 11:58 PM

cocaine?

tom daschle concerned on May 17, 2012 at 11:59 PM

Condumints?

SparkPlug on May 18, 2012 at 12:01 AM

The Dems are building a financial Berlin Wall. They think that everyone’s money is theirs. They are scum. Commie scum.

Americans are free. Free to renounce their citizenship, if they so desire. And if they do so to legally avoid paying taxes, that is their right. It is the job of America to be attractive. TO be a place that people clamor to get into – legally – not a dumping ground for illegals to flood the nation and receive special treatment by the same scum who then deign to dictate that Americans are not free to choose to leave.

Schumer is the lowest form of existence there is and the rest of the dems and the Dog-Eating Retard are right there in the slime with him. They are dangerous. Walling Americans in. Threatening anyone who makes money that they can leave America, but only with one suitcase of assets and the rest is forfeit to a government that stomps on the rights of citizens to pander to the illegals and their unlawful presence and drain on OUR money.

These people are little Stalins in their own pea-brains. They think everything they see is theirs for the taking – and they will – certainly as they are spending so much money that they never have enough and see everyone else as always having too much.

Chuck Schumer should leave. He can take all his sh#t with him. Just go to a country that loves totalitarians. This nation was not built for such enemies of liberty and freedom.

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on May 18, 2012 at 12:02 AM

What do you cover a dog with to protect it from a hungry gay president?

Bishop on May 17, 2012 at 11:58 PM

cocaine?

tom daschle concerned on May 17, 2012 at 11:59 PM

You Blow it first….

Then brag…..

Electrongod on May 18, 2012 at 12:03 AM

TFGP would snort my dog and then eat him? Marching Powder not a good idea.

Bishop on May 18, 2012 at 12:03 AM

I’m not concerned about Americans collecting citizenship. The number really doesn’t matter.

Buddahpundit on May 17, 2012 at 11:56 PM

Again, not my cross to carry (no pun intended), but this doesn’t mesh well with the current mainstream conservative dogma that being Israeli is about as pro-America as one can get. Yes, cynical, but the conservative movement is certainly not going to force this issue.

aryeung on May 18, 2012 at 12:04 AM

Resist We Much on May 17, 2012 at 10:38 PM

Great comment with the real reasons this is taking place.

The Congress never look in the mirror. Even if they did, they would not see those reasons that you’ve stated. They are too blinded by their greed and power and inflated opinion of themselves.

Thanks for your comments and I appreciate your other well thought out ones as well.

bluefox on May 18, 2012 at 12:04 AM

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on May 18, 2012 at 12:02 AM

So you had to go back to the topic and actually opine?

That’s it, I’m outta here.

Bishop on May 18, 2012 at 12:04 AM

Bishop on May 18, 2012 at 12:04 AM

I got in late :)

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on May 18, 2012 at 12:06 AM

aryeung on May 17, 2012 at 11:48 PM

I have no real opinion one way or the other on dual citizenship, but the question is, what does citizenship entail? Some people might want to view it as a statement that, when push comes to shove, you pledge to support one country, rather than the other. I think it’s a little silly to think that kind of thing can or should be formalized, though I suppose in the event of a war, it is useful to have a legal obligation for people to not support a hostile power.

As for “Herr Doctor”, he might be antisemitic, but it strikes me as much more likely that he suffers from that strange, seemingly paradoxical mix of cynicism and naivete that is found in people on ideological fringes. Cynical enough to “accidentally” publish almost comically racist and hateful trash with his signature on it, and naive enough to think that either people wouldn’t notice, or that they wouldn’t care when they found out.

RINO in Name Only on May 18, 2012 at 12:07 AM

What do you cover a dog with to protect it from a hungry gay president?

Bishop on May 17, 2012 at 11:58 PM

A condom?

RINO in Name Only on May 18, 2012 at 12:11 AM

Regardless of anything else, the fact is that immigrants are forced to renounce and give up any and all citizenships in order to become naturalized Americans. That is the law. Just because we stopped following it doesn’t mean that it is not the law of the land.

This has nothing to do with Americans renouncing their citizenship, but it would be nice if America did return to a Rule of Law some day.

INA: ACT 337 – OATH OF RENUNCIATION AND ALLEGIANCE

Sec. 337. [8 U.S.C. 1448]

(a) A person who has applied for naturalization shall, in order to be and before being admitted to citizenship, take in a public ceremony before the Attorney General or a court with jurisdiction under section 310(b) an oath

(1) to support the Constitution of the United States;

(2) to renounce and abjure absolutely and entirely all allegiance and fidelity to any foreign prince, potentate, state, or sovereignty of whom or which the applicant was before a subject or citizen;

etc.

And for those who don’t read the law, they say this part in the beginning of their oath of citizenship.

That said, once an American, we are free to leave if we choose, for whatever reason and the government has no right to put some asinine and SOviet-style exit tax on us to suck out any wealth we might have that makes the commies’ mouths water. That is as un-American as it gets.

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on May 18, 2012 at 12:12 AM

:)… R I C E!…(:

KOOLAID2 on May 17, 2012 at 11:49 PM

LMAO

bazil9 on May 18, 2012 at 12:14 AM

So, legally, Saverin was never really an American citizen because he didn’t renounce his Brazilian citizenship when he took on American citizenship, thereby rendering his oath invalid, which means that he didn’t have to renounce anything on his way out.

But … we don’t have a Rule of Law, so this is just a hypothetical for a nation that does. We have a Rule of Empathy (by deranged personalities) and Envy. It ain’t pretty.

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on May 18, 2012 at 12:17 AM

HOW DARE HE!

Renouncing his citizenship over taxes?

Why no loyal citizen of this fair British Colony would ever do such a thing. We love high taxes, and we are founded on paying whatever taxes are asked of us.

GOD SAVE THE QUEEN!

So… who else is supporting the Tories in the upcoming Parliamentary election?

gekkobear on May 18, 2012 at 12:17 AM

Lots O Folks are Getting out while the get’n is good. The collapse of a giant can be really ugly….. History is replete with lots O examples… Look around, the illusion of freedom is become’n quite apparent to people with eyes. The tuff part is throw’n off the chains your child like fantasy which wants to see an America which is long gone.

roflmao

donabernathy on May 18, 2012 at 12:17 AM

Charles Schumer will betray you!..:)

Dire Straits on May 18, 2012 at 12:27 AM

There is no greed like a politician’s greed!

Our “public servants” squander money by the tens of $Billions and it’s no big deal, a rounding error. This guy wants to keep a comparatively paltry $57 million that he earned with his vision, passion and hard work and suddenly the politicians are aghast at losing this HUGE sum of money that wouldn’t pay for their wasteful spending for a single second of any day of the year.

I did get a good laugh when this guy says that he considers himself a citizen of the world. The left loves the whole “citizen of the world” crap until it’s used against them.

RJL on May 18, 2012 at 12:30 AM

Dire Straits on May 18, 2012 at 12:27 AM

…the GOP will betray me..:)
…the DNC will betray America!

KOOLAID2 on May 18, 2012 at 12:32 AM

bluefox on May 18, 2012 at 12:04 AM

Indeed, on both. RWM is great.

——————-

What do you cover a dog with to protect it from a hungry gay president?

Bishop on May 17, 2012 at 11:58 PM

Lard. Michelle would ‘kill’ him for not setting a good example on her national fat-reduction-scheme.

Schadenfreude on May 18, 2012 at 12:34 AM

KOOLAID2 on May 18, 2012 at 12:32 AM

I hear you!..:)

Dire Straits on May 18, 2012 at 12:34 AM

El Rushbo is correct..The Liberals want you become a rich person just so they can come take it from you once you have made it!..:(

Dire Straits on May 18, 2012 at 12:36 AM

OK, back to the topic at hand. I bet if we really keep this thing going, we might even make it to over 200 comments.

This is such a cop-out. If we have to put up with these absurd acronyms, then the rule should be that you use the first letter from every word in the name, no more, no less, no exceptions.

They’re close, but it’s still the EPBATRIFOT act.

Maybe we can take this to the supreme court and have laws with incorrect acronyms ruled unconstitutional.

RINO in Name Only on May 18, 2012 at 12:37 AM

Ten more comments on the birther thread to his a thousand.

John the Libertarian on May 18, 2012 at 12:41 AM

Dire Straits on May 18, 2012 at 12:36 AM

Did you see Allahpundit go after me in the birther thread?

John the Libertarian on May 18, 2012 at 12:42 AM

…the GOP will betray me..:)
…the DNC will betray America!

KOOLAID2 on May 18, 2012 at 12:32 AM

Same thing just different levels. The GOP aint wearing a halo. They just look good compared cause they aren’t bat sh$t coo coo.

We have a lot of suck, either way.

bazil9 on May 18, 2012 at 12:42 AM

roflmao

donabernathy on May 18, 2012 at 12:17 AM

I once farted on the set of Blue Lagoon.

Punchenko on May 18, 2012 at 12:43 AM

WHO IS JOHN GALT?

quikstrike98 on May 18, 2012 at 12:43 AM

Did you see Allahpundit go after me in the birther thread?

John the Libertarian on May 18, 2012 at 12:42 AM

Yes I did..Weird!!..:)

Dire Straits on May 18, 2012 at 12:44 AM

bazil9 on May 18, 2012 at 12:42 AM

…I hear you! (:>)

KOOLAID2 on May 18, 2012 at 12:44 AM

Its all about the Benjamins. Money trumps patriotism.

bazil9 on May 18, 2012 at 12:45 AM

KOOLAID2 on May 18, 2012 at 12:44 AM

When I see you here..I always think this.

LOL

bazil9 on May 18, 2012 at 12:47 AM

I once farted on the set of Blue Lagoon.

Punchenko on May 18, 2012 at 12:43 AM

…sooooo!..those were’nt little waves after all!

KOOLAID2 on May 18, 2012 at 12:48 AM

Yes I did..Weird!!..:)

Dire Straits on May 18, 2012 at 12:44 AM

He was pissed off big-time.

John the Libertarian on May 18, 2012 at 12:48 AM

heh, I missed the birther thread..must check it out.
John, your pretty level headed..interesting.

bazil9 on May 18, 2012 at 12:48 AM

Did you see Allahpundit go after me in the birther thread?

John the Libertarian on May 18, 2012 at 12:42 AM

Deja vu, all over again.

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on May 18, 2012 at 12:50 AM

Where are the other late night regs?

MIA.

I see you Dire..your always around :)

Got a beer?

bazil9 on May 18, 2012 at 12:50 AM

bazil9 on May 18, 2012 at 12:47 AM

…ERROR 404 Not Found?
…ok…I am an ERROR!

KOOLAID2 on May 18, 2012 at 12:51 AM

Got a beer?

bazil9 on May 18, 2012 at 12:50 AM

No..Not Friday evening yet!..:)

Dire Straits on May 18, 2012 at 12:54 AM

Dire Straits on May 18, 2012 at 12:36 AM

I know, I did okay the last few years and I have the IRS up my anal track. Better to make less and not feel punished. Gets to the point where I say..whats the point?

Due to a new tax bracket, I didnt realize I had to pay something quarterly-got smacked with penalties to top it off (yes, my account sucks.)

And I am by no means in the rich category.

bazil9 on May 18, 2012 at 12:56 AM

bazil9 on May 18, 2012 at 12:50 AM

Smile and say cheese.. I’m here. So what is scarier, a tarantula or xenomorph?

SparkPlug on May 18, 2012 at 12:56 AM

John the Libertarian on May 18, 2012 at 12:48 AM

Maybe..I think AP may have done some background work and really emphasized the disclaimer by the author!..:)

Dire Straits on May 18, 2012 at 12:57 AM

must check it out.

bazil9 on May 18, 2012 at 12:48 AM

I said the birthers are owed an apology. AP went off on this grand conspiracy thing, and I said I wasn’t saying birthers were correct, just that their curiosity was warranted. Which, it seems, is fair.

John the Libertarian on May 18, 2012 at 12:57 AM

AP attacked John the Librarian? Must have been an excessive overdue fine or something.

SparkPlug on May 18, 2012 at 12:58 AM

KOOLAID2 on May 18, 2012 at 12:51 AM

Sorry, its the big kool aid pitcher dude busting through the wall saying ‘oh yeah”!

bazil9 on May 18, 2012 at 12:58 AM

Dire Straits on May 18, 2012 at 12:54 AM

I didnt know you had a beer schedule. I tip a few when the feeling strikes me.

bazil9 on May 18, 2012 at 1:00 AM

And I am by no means in the rich category.

bazil9 on May 18, 2012 at 12:56 AM

I understand..I think we all are fixing to be in the “rich” category..:)

PS..I understand your feelings about the IRS..Most all of us feel the same as you do!..:)

Dire Straits on May 18, 2012 at 1:01 AM

I learned remote viewing from Major Ed Dames on the George Noorey show.

Twerp is sleeping and riding a bus.

SparkPlug on May 18, 2012 at 1:01 AM

I didnt know you had a beer schedule. I tip a few when the feeling strikes me.

bazil9 on May 18, 2012 at 1:00 AM

I know what you mean..Just laying low tonight..:)

Dire Straits on May 18, 2012 at 1:02 AM

Birther curiosity is warranted and people should return books on time.

SparkPlug on May 18, 2012 at 1:03 AM

Must have been an excessive overdue fine or something.

SparkPlug on May 18, 2012 at 12:58 AM

If you only knew the books he checked out.

John the Libertarian on May 18, 2012 at 1:03 AM

bazil9 on May 18, 2012 at 12:47 AM

… (:>)…

KOOLAID2 on May 18, 2012 at 1:03 AM

So if I’m getting the gist of this thread down correctly, it’s about a cheese eating Chinese spider that got unfriended on Facebook and didn’t like Beatles songs so he refused to pay his taxes and high-tailed it to Singapore to get away from Chucky Schumer.

Something tells me the blue gilled one will not be happy in the morning.

Flora Duh on May 18, 2012 at 1:04 AM

If you only knew the books he checked out.

John the Libertarian on May 18, 2012 at 1:03 AM

Cat grooming?

SparkPlug on May 18, 2012 at 1:05 AM

Bishop:Need to find a “Gay Angle” to increase the hits!(sarc):)

canopfor on May 17, 2012 at 10:53 PM