Quotes of the day

posted at 10:37 pm on May 15, 2012 by Allahpundit

Fifty-six percent of Americans think Barack Obama will win the 2012 presidential election, compared with 36% who think Mitt Romney will win. Democrats are more likely to believe that Obama will win than Republicans are to believe Romney will. Independents are nearly twice as likely to think that Obama, rather than Romney, will prevail.

***

The marginal factors in the past four or six weeks have looked slightly better for Mr. Romney than Mr. Obama. The recuperation in Mr. Romney’s favorability numbers, for instance — if it was somewhat to be expected — also reduces the risk that his personal qualities might cause him to lose an election that he otherwise would have won, as during another economic downturn.

Meanwhile, the tumultuous situation in Greece may increase the chance of an economic downside case for Mr. Obama. And data from the domestic economy has not been as strong lately. (Although it might also be mentioned that the situation in the Middle East is thought to be improving, and oil pries have receded somewhat.)

Put another way, if you are being very detail oriented, there is a case to be made that Mr. Romney’s odds of being elected have improved somewhat over the past six weeks.

***

When pollsters call these voting blocs now, many people will likely proclaim their continued loyalty to the president.

They won’t be lying to pollsters about whom they really want to vote for. The issue will be whether they actually go to the booth and vote for Obama.

Many voted in 2008 with the desire to see racism and racists humiliated by having a qualified black man elected president. Especially after eight years of what was not, and still is not, perceived as a successful presidency.

Now, many of these same voters still feel an allegiance to Obama — and he’s their theoretical choice in the election. But along with feeling some allegiance, they also may be left feeling disappointment. And that can lead to a disconnect with what pollsters hear compared with the voters who actually show up on Election Day.

***

The key is his post-boomer leadership style. Critics are always saying that Obama is too cool and detached, arrogant and aloof. But the secret to his popularity through hard times is that he is not melodramatic, sensitive, vulnerable and changeable. Instead, he is self-disciplined, traditional and a bit formal. He is willing, with drones and other mechanisms, to use lethal force.

Normally, presidents look weak in these circumstances, overwhelmed by events. But Obama has displayed a kind of ESPN masculinity — postfeminist in his values, but also thoroughly old-fashioned in style — hypercompetitive, restrained, not given to self-doubt, rarely self-indulgent. Administrations are undone by scandal and moments when they look pathetic, but this administration, guarded in all things, has rarely had those moments.

***

In that view, the primary fundamentals are these: Obama is the incumbent. The economy is growing at a moderate pace. There’s no serious third-party challenge. We’re not losing massive numbers of soldiers in a foreign war. And when you look at those fundamentals, the reality is this: Incumbent presidents very, very rarely lose under those conditions

If I seem pedantic on this point, it’s because this is one of my pet peeves in political commentary: Pundits take political situations that can be explained through the fundamentals and then attribute them, without any evidence, to the telegenic characteristics of individual politicians or the messaging decisions made by their campaigns. Then, a few years later, the fundamentals turn around, and suddenly our great communicator has forgotten how to give a speech or run a campaign — or vice versa. Remember that in 1982, Ronald Reagan was under 40 percent in the polls. Then the economy rebounded, and he romped to victory in the election.

***

There has been nothing very cool about the past 7 weeks for Obama. The president has twisted himself into a policy and rhetorical pretzel to win the support and money he needs from the members of the Democratic coalition.

The Times poll tells the tale: Obama’s nuzzling of the base, beseeching of donors and policy contortions have given Romney the chance to start winning over the narrow band of undecided persuadable voters.

If Democrats don’t want to see Obama defeated, they had better suck it up. Obama is not the superman they believe him to be, nor is his campaign the masterwork they have been led to believe.

The president knows how tight a spot he is in. His supporters are just now realizing it.

***

Had this been an isolated event, Democrat campaign professionals might not be all that concerned. Mistakes, after all, are made. But this was hardly a “one off.” There are, in the view of many Democratic pros, far too many other examples of the Obama campaign making a hash of fairly straightforward political matters…

The mishandling of the President’s endorsement of same sex marriage sent the president’s re-election prospects into a tailspin; electoral college handicappers busily moved North Carolina from “toss-up” to “likely Republican.” And it necessitated today’s “let’s-get-the-media-talking-about-something-else” news event (the Bain attack ad).

Because we have been told for so long that Team Obama is the very model of the modern campaign operation, we have come to sort of believe it. In reality, they’ve been surprisingly inept since they set up shop last year. They’ve been through three slogans and four over-arching re-election “themes.” They’ve made a big deal out of Romney’s dog. They’ve introduced us to “Julia,” which seemed like a right-wing parody of the perfect constituent of the nanny state. One could on (and on).

***

***

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

yet more proof conservatives are not funny

DBear on May 15, 2012 at 11:01 PM

Yet more proof that liberals have no sense of humor.

Glad you showed up, you make me laugh. Fools are often funny to watch.

bazil9 on May 16, 2012 at 12:32 AM

Romney is sounding very strong in the CNN video on this page, and conservative. Maybe all will be ok.

anotherJoe on May 16, 2012 at 12:33 AM

Schadenfreude, how come you never made a link out of your screen name?

Bmore on May 16, 2012 at 12:30 AM

Because I say all I want to say in the comments :)

Schadenfreude on May 16, 2012 at 12:34 AM

“But Obama has displayed a kind of ESPN masculinity — postfeminist in his values, but also thoroughly old-fashioned in style — hypercompetitive, restrained, not given to self-doubt, rarely self-indulgent.”

To hard to imagine what kind of mind THINKS this shite up…

lovingmyUSA on May 15, 2012 at 10:46 PM

I know right? Like watching the Twilight Zone. I hear Sterling’s voice…
Maybe schizophrenia? Delusional.

bazil9 on May 16, 2012 at 12:36 AM

tom daschle concerned , cause I know you like em. GOP could consider this tune against 0.

Bmore on May 16, 2012 at 12:37 AM

tom daschle concerned on May 16, 2012 at 12:20 AM

Thumbs up on the Cure!..My Sister-in-Law’s favorite band!!..:)

Dire Straits on May 16, 2012 at 12:38 AM

Romney looks more and more presidential with every day that goes by.

Punchenko on May 16, 2012 at 12:38 AM

tom daschle concerned on May 16, 2012 at 12:24 AM

Got to love the “big suit”!!..:)

Dire Straits on May 16, 2012 at 12:40 AM

Schadenfreude on May 16, 2012 at 12:34 AM

Good point, I’m thinking of doing it, maybe pictures and song only.

Bmore on May 16, 2012 at 12:40 AM

Postfeminist values ≠ masculinity.

I had to look up who actually wrote this stuff. I expect some of the ESPN commentators to sue him!

This, fellow commenters, was brought to you by David Brooks, who wrote the ode to the “perfectly creased pant.”

INC on May 15, 2012 at 11:13 PM

Oh my God. Yeah, their version of masculinity is mom jeans and bicycle helmets. Ugh, that quote makes me cringe.

Dongemaharu on May 16, 2012 at 12:40 AM

Bmore on May 16, 2012 at 12:19 AM

No thanks!!..:)

Dire Straits on May 16, 2012 at 12:41 AM

Rice’s initial college major was piano, but after realizing she did not have the talent to play professionally, she began to consider an alternative major.She attended an international politics course taught by Josef Korbel, which sparked her interest in the Soviet Union and international relations. Rice later described Korbel (who was the father of Madeleine Albright, a future U.S. Secretary of State), as a central figure in her life.

Schadenfreude on May 16, 2012 at 12:29 AM

I had no idea! And from Wiki….

at the age of 26, she received her Ph.D. in political science from the Josef Korbel School of International Studies at the University of Denver. Her dissertation centered on military policy and politics in what was then the communist state of Czechoslovakia.

Is it possible to read her dissertation? Thanks again for the info!

JPeterman on May 16, 2012 at 12:41 AM

lovingmyusa

I find this masculine

I see more chicks that are more masculine then CIC mom jeans.

bazil9 on May 16, 2012 at 12:42 AM

bazil9 on May 16, 2012 at 12:32 AM

+ 100..:)

Dire Straits on May 16, 2012 at 12:42 AM

Hey bazil9, I noticed you made it back last evening after I crashed. You got to see the funny, strange, plain lady. She doesn’t care for lobster apparently. ; )

Bmore on May 16, 2012 at 12:43 AM

No thanks!!..:)

Dire Straits on May 16, 2012 at 12:41 AM

Gee Dire, tell me how you really feel. LOL!

Bmore on May 16, 2012 at 12:44 AM

JPeterman on May 16, 2012 at 12:41 AM

Condi Rocks!!..Extremely sharp lady!!..:)

Dire Straits on May 16, 2012 at 12:44 AM

anotherJoe on May 16, 2012 at 12:33 AM

It ain’t hard compared to what we have now.

bazil9 on May 16, 2012 at 12:45 AM

Bmore on May 16, 2012 at 12:44 AM

He..He!!..Not trying to be a smarty..Just not for me!!..:)

Dire Straits on May 16, 2012 at 12:46 AM

Bmore on May 16, 2012 at 12:37 AM

That was awesome!

Gotta retreat to my olde tyme roots..

An hour and a half ain’t nothin’ :)

tom daschle concerned on May 16, 2012 at 12:49 AM

Bmore on May 16, 2012 at 12:43 AM

Haha…yes I did. But missed you Mr.B!

The way Kagen troll reacted to Schadenfreude’s lobster comment had me LOLing.

She was clueless. Was funny.

Missed you guys lately.

bazil9 on May 16, 2012 at 12:49 AM

Bmore on May 16, 2012 at 12:14 AM

Doing well here. Haven’t been as active posting here lately. A few comments, usually belated because I read after work and the articles that interest me happened earlier in the day. Sometimes one just has to put in their $0.02 despite being late to the party. :-)

AZfederalist on May 16, 2012 at 12:50 AM

He..He!!..Not trying to be a smarty..Just not for me!!..:)

Dire Straits on May 16, 2012 at 12:46 AM

I understand, I must say though that I was always kinda surprised you didn’t like to your namesake.

Bmore on May 16, 2012 at 12:51 AM

Interesting that so many think Obama will win again. Is it the same 56% that are for gay marriage in the polls but vote against it at the ballot box?

Cindy Munford on May 16, 2012 at 12:53 AM

Third, if he loses, you get drunk.

Schadenfreude on May 15, 2012 at 11:21 PM

I have been drunk since 08..not gonna be enough. I think alcohol should be a tax write off now.

Maybe I will get onto the Paul wagon..I may need some weed-to get through 4 more years. ;)
I kid.

bazil9 on May 16, 2012 at 12:54 AM

“Rarely self-indulgent”. Really? That right there is funny. If he didn’t have petulant, narcissistic, and self-indulgent, Jugears wouldn’t have any personality at all.

AZfederalist on May 16, 2012 at 12:55 AM

Cindy Munford on May 16, 2012 at 12:53 AM

It’s the same 20% that will close their beaks in terrified realization that liberalism has finally met its inevitable death as Obama is defeated in a landslide.

I don’t think vote stealing can save his pansy, bath house, azz, now.

tom daschle concerned on May 16, 2012 at 12:57 AM

Bmore on May 16, 2012 at 12:51 AM

Nice one friend..But I’m making a call!!!..:)

Dire Straits on May 16, 2012 at 12:57 AM

Cindy Munford on May 16, 2012 at 12:53 AM

Perhaps Cindy. :)

I havent seen you for a while. Hope all is good.
I need to check out one of your sons shows. Give me a heads up if he has a gig in my area.

Since I have zero faith in the media, polls or anything else..I take it all with a grain of salt.
Not what I am hearing from regular people I encounter.

bazil9 on May 16, 2012 at 12:57 AM

Bazil9
ya but if Rmoney™ wins……. you MUST run the streets naked …….;-)

angrymike on May 16, 2012 at 12:59 AM

tom daschle concerned, nothing wrong with those roots.

Bmore on May 16, 2012 at 12:59 AM

Nice one friend..But I’m making a call!!!..:)

Dire Straits on May 16, 2012 at 12:57 AM

LOL! Dire you really should reconsider linking it, you could change it every once in a while. ; )

Bmore on May 16, 2012 at 1:02 AM

I live in Ohio, I have not heard one person say they will vote for the loser-in-chief. Tis good to live in a swing state……..

angrymike on May 16, 2012 at 1:02 AM

angrymike on May 16, 2012 at 12:59 AM

Hey Bud.

I will never live that down lol ;)

It wont be about Romney..just the won and crew kicking their a$$ kicked back to Chi-town.
And having him out of my face and hearing about him 24/7.
I cant even watch my show “Chopped” without him coming up.
He is everywhere.
I will also relish the liberal meltdown.

bazil9 on May 16, 2012 at 1:04 AM

angrymike, just so you know, I saw what you did on that 3rd grade thread. LOL! Good one…………..or was it 27? Too funny!

Bmore on May 16, 2012 at 1:04 AM

bazil9 on May 16, 2012 at 12:57 AM

He seldom leaves the Jax area with either band. He has finally decided that engineering is to be his major, so he might have to cut way back on the music.

Cindy Munford on May 16, 2012 at 1:05 AM

Whats all this about running naked in the streets?

Bmore on May 16, 2012 at 1:05 AM

Ok, just got off after a long week of work. Have a good nite all!

tom daschle concerned on May 16, 2012 at 1:06 AM

Good Night tom daschle concerned , Sleep Well.

Bmore on May 16, 2012 at 1:07 AM

angrymike on May 16, 2012 at 1:02 AM

Fl is a bizarre state…really 3 states in one.

But here..where I am..Zero enthusiasm for Zero.
My home town aint real thrilled either..the space center really effed up the area. Lots of mad folks. Pockets of Fl are hurting bad. Housing crisis still #2 in the country.

I am hoping we swing back red this time.

bazil9 on May 16, 2012 at 1:09 AM

bazil9, angrymike, you two been over to see DH recently?

Bmore on May 16, 2012 at 1:12 AM

Cindy Munford on May 16, 2012 at 1:05 AM

I use to be in Jax a lot on business. Not anymore.
2 hour drive. A very good friend of mine lives there. I will be up there soon…getting certified in Medicare supps-will have some training there.

Oh good! My brother in law is finishing his engineering degree as well. Hard classes..whew! He must be a smarty.

bazil9 on May 16, 2012 at 1:13 AM

Bmore on May 16, 2012 at 1:12 AM

I have..we also email.

You go there Mr B? I havent seen you.

If you want to hear more about gays and marriage..I wrote my diatribe. ~ I know you love the topic. lol

bazil9 on May 16, 2012 at 1:15 AM

am hoping we swing back red this time.

bazil9 on May 16, 2012 at 1:09 AM

Hear!..Hear!!..:)

Dire Straits on May 16, 2012 at 1:16 AM

Bmore on May 16, 2012 at 1:05 AM

Private joke…not HA friendly. :)

bazil9 on May 16, 2012 at 1:16 AM

He must be a smarty.

bazil9 on May 16, 2012 at 1:13 AM

He thinks so. I think he has a show this month but I don’t remember when.

Cindy Munford on May 16, 2012 at 1:22 AM

But when I look at the data, a slightly different question comes to mind: Why is Obama even close? If you look at the fundamentals, the president should be getting crushed right now…

..’scuse me for unloading on AP, but sometimes the Eeyore stuff is a little over the top. Actually, I know it isn’t AP per se, but the opening QOTD and the one above smacks of a lack of..well..historical perspective. either that or the quotee is whistling past the graveyard.

Sitting president? Most polls — wildly skewed towards the D’s over R’s — and all that pile of compost cam manage is MOE or a few points down. And that’s after the GOP candidate engaged in a 9-month knife-fight with three or four bitter adversaries?

Naw, sorry mate. This piece of crap is going down hard — in Carteresque proportions.

The War Planner on May 16, 2012 at 1:23 AM

Someone on another thread said angryed was around anymore, did he finally explode?

Cindy Munford on May 16, 2012 at 1:23 AM

Dire Straits on May 16, 2012 at 1:16 AM

I hope Dire. My state has gone coo coo over the years.
You never know. In 2010 it was interesting…but we get loonier as each year passes.

Just read the recent crime index released…we are now the 4th most violent state in the country. Our cities in the top 20. Very comforting./

bazil9 on May 16, 2012 at 1:23 AM

Cindy Munford on May 16, 2012 at 1:22 AM

I have seen the classes my Bro in law takes. Some hard stuff.
B9 couldnt do it. Math is not my friend.

bazil9 on May 16, 2012 at 1:25 AM

bazil9 on May 16, 2012 at 1:15 AM

Just to check in on the pup. Looks like she is on the mend. I asked DH if he had time to put up a few new pixs. We’ll see if he does.

Bmore on May 16, 2012 at 1:27 AM

MontanaMmmm on May 16, 2012 at 1:14 AM

Nice one…fits. I feel trampled…

bazil9 on May 16, 2012 at 1:28 AM

Cindy Munford

I think they might be referring to his latest meltdown. If they banned him they didn’t leave any entrails. Not that I saw anyhow.

Bmore on May 16, 2012 at 1:28 AM

Bmore on May 16, 2012 at 1:27 AM

Do you comment?

It is just our small family, Me – Uncle AngryMike and a Mark.

bazil9 on May 16, 2012 at 1:29 AM

I havent been around lately…what happened to the regulars? Igor Cyncook, ALT, haven’t seen them.

bazil9 on May 16, 2012 at 1:30 AM

Cindy Munford on May 16, 2012 at 1:23 AM

..no blood trails, no smoking hole, no wreckage, no BPs. Just did a Flight 19 and vanished.

Maybe he went to visit W6OBB in Pahrump and they both got picked up by aliens.

The War Planner on May 16, 2012 at 1:30 AM

bazil9 on May 16, 2012 at 1:23 AM

Hang in there!!..:):)

Dire Straits on May 16, 2012 at 1:32 AM

Regarding the 56% that think Obama will win. It does not say that 56% WANT him to win. Too many people (some family and friends included) do not want him to win, but believe that Obama and his henchmen will make past instances of voter fraud look like child’s play.

4Grace on May 16, 2012 at 1:33 AM

MontanaMmmm on May 16, 2012 at 1:14 AM

Good one MontanaMmmm!

Bmore on May 16, 2012 at 1:33 AM

The War Planner on May 16, 2012 at 1:30 AM

Ha. I wonder what happens to people..here all the time..then *poof* gone and never seen again.
New phrase then…A flight 19.

bazil9 on May 16, 2012 at 1:34 AM

Bmore on May 16, 2012 at 1:28 AM

Self banning..After the remarks angreyed made the jig was/is up..:)

Dire Straits on May 16, 2012 at 1:35 AM

bazil9 on May 16, 2012 at 1:30 AM

Hey, girl! ALT has been around. I saw her commenting earlier in the day. Cynccook has been around, but only sporadically. Haven’t seen Igor.

4Grace on May 16, 2012 at 1:37 AM

The War Planner on May 16, 2012 at 1:30 AM

Fingers crossed!!!

Cindy Munford on May 16, 2012 at 1:37 AM

bazil9 on May 16, 2012 at 1:29 AM

Well its a bit of a odd story. You know me, a bit on the paranoid side, except around friends. But yes, I thought I’d go over and check on the pooch. When I left my message, I didn’t realize it would leave my blog I just started behind. You probably know I’m not to clued into all the ins and outs of the interwebs stuff. HeII Dire and predator and Fallon have taught me most of what I know how to do here at HA. Oh and Schadenfreude.

Bmore on May 16, 2012 at 1:38 AM

Fingers crossed!!!

Cindy Munford on May 16, 2012 at 1:37 AM

..roger that, ma’am!

The War Planner on May 16, 2012 at 1:38 AM

Dire Straits on May 16, 2012 at 1:32 AM

Just sad to see the state change so much over the years.
Oh, I will. My family is here..so won’t leave. Maybe one day. I have to be near my beloved ocean though.
Probably a small coastal town in the South one day..1/2 year or something. When I reach senior status. Cept I prob will work till I am 90. :)

Where are you from Dire..I can’t recall. Midwest?

bazil9 on May 16, 2012 at 1:38 AM

Bmore on May 16, 2012 at 1:28 AM

He definitely went nuts. We will miss him like a front tooth.

Cindy Munford on May 16, 2012 at 1:39 AM

Self banning..After the remarks angreyed made the jig was/is up..:)

Dire Straits on May 16, 2012 at 1:35 AM

Maybe so, I guess Ed and Allah are the only ones that know for sure. If its a self ban, he’ll be back.

Bmore on May 16, 2012 at 1:39 AM

Self banning..After the remarks angreyed made the jig was/is up..:)

Dire Straits on May 16, 2012 at 1:35 AM

Maybe I’m having a senior moment, but I could have sworn I saw a comment or 2 from him today or yesterday.

4Grace on May 16, 2012 at 1:40 AM

New phrase then…A flight 19.

bazil9 on May 16, 2012 at 1:34 AM

..glad to contribute to the HG lexicon.

The War Planner on May 16, 2012 at 1:41 AM

Bmore on May 16, 2012 at 1:28 AM

Self banning..After the remarks angryed made the jig was/is up..:)

Dire Straits on May 16, 2012 at 1:35 AM

Fixed!!..:)

Dire Straits on May 16, 2012 at 1:42 AM

bazil9 on May 16, 2012 at 1:25 AM

Paying my bills and having more in the bank than it takes (barely) is the sum total of my mathematical skills. Oh, I can figure out how much change I should get pretty quickly on the odd occasion I use cash. Anyone who has ever had to use the jack that came with their car has to be a bit skeptical of engineers.

Cindy Munford on May 16, 2012 at 1:42 AM

Cindy,most folks here don’t seem to like the idea of bannings. Most folks seem okay with that one getting it. Even BD and I agreed on that. ; )

Bmore on May 16, 2012 at 1:42 AM

He definitely went nuts. We will miss him like a front tooth.

Cindy Munford on May 16, 2012 at 1:39 AM

..not sure of the origin or meaning of that but — and here you must excuse me, Cindy — he will be like that long-lost hemorrhoid I never pine for.

The War Planner on May 16, 2012 at 1:43 AM

Bmore on May 16, 2012 at 1:38 AM

No worries, I was over paranoid too. I have relaxed a bit. Knowing some people here over time, less worried. I know the internet can be a bit scary.

LOL! I am not internet/web savvy either. People taught me stuff here too..I just figured out how to do the link feature after 3 years!

The funniest thing? The headlines? I could never figure out how to see comments…I felt to embarrassed to ask. It took me a year to figure it out. Then I felt really stupid. haha

bazil9 on May 16, 2012 at 1:43 AM

Dire Straits on May 16, 2012 at 1:42 AM

..howdy, Mark!

;-)

The War Planner on May 16, 2012 at 1:44 AM

4Grace on May 16, 2012 at 1:40 AM

Okay..But I would not show my face around here after the tirade he/she went on..:)

Dire Straits on May 16, 2012 at 1:45 AM

Hey 4 Grace, good to see you!!

Thanks for the people update. Just wondering. If I miss days here, I don’t always see what happens. Like this angryed thingy.

I always miss the good stuff.

bazil9 on May 16, 2012 at 1:45 AM

Bmore Thanks for linking to the beautiful pictures for us Moms (Sunday. That was sweet.

4Grace on May 16, 2012 at 1:47 AM

bazil9 on May 16, 2012 at 1:43 AM

Not to worry; folks seem to help. I iused to race bicycles and we had a saying, “everyone starts out life as a Fred

The War Planner on May 16, 2012 at 1:47 AM

Fixed!!..:)

Dire Straits on May 16, 2012 at 1:42 AM

That should be a test or something. It took me a while to figure out what you did there. ; )

Bmore on May 16, 2012 at 1:48 AM

The War Planner on May 16, 2012 at 1:43 AM

LOL, oh dear! I started off thinking that angryed was a conservative who thought Republicans needed a lesson but now I just think he’s a fan of Obama who’s mask got to hot to keep wearing.

Cindy Munford on May 16, 2012 at 1:48 AM

Cindy Munford on May 16, 2012 at 1:42 AM

LOL- we have much in common.

bazil9 on May 16, 2012 at 1:48 AM

The War Planner on May 16, 2012 at 1:44 AM

Hello Friend..:)

PS..That is a classic!!..:)

Dire Straits on May 16, 2012 at 1:48 AM

4Grace Wish I could have done something nicer. Moms are the best! I have been blessed to have a great one. ; )

Bmore on May 16, 2012 at 1:49 AM

Bmore
Ya I think I got KOOLAID2 on the 3rd grade thread, so am I now the king?

Ask Bazil9 about the running naked in the streets, that’s all on m- lady………..;-)

angrymike on May 16, 2012 at 1:49 AM

Dire Straits on May 16, 2012 at 1:45 AM

Ditto, here. But then again, our brains don’t work quite like Mr. Ed’s. Thank God!

4Grace on May 16, 2012 at 1:50 AM

Bmore on May 16, 2012 at 1:42 AM

I’m one of those folks who don’t like bannings but I think it is very telling that BD wants the name calling to stop. I guess the degrees of subtlety are the important part in that instance.

Cindy Munford on May 16, 2012 at 1:53 AM

The War Planner on May 16, 2012 at 1:47 AM

lol,

Good one. I was a Wilma…I am cool now though. ;) Super savvy.

Bmore, your Fred- I am Wilma. LOL.

I guess everyone was one once.
Yes, war P, people here have been helpful.
They were Freds once too.

bazil9 on May 16, 2012 at 1:53 AM

Obama looks more and more like a desperate lashing out fool. I doubt a majority of American voters will find this appealing.

VorDaj on May 16, 2012 at 1:54 AM

I self banned myself.

SparkPlug on May 16, 2012 at 1:54 AM

I self registered myself again so I could chat with Dave but he is not here.

SparkPlug on May 16, 2012 at 1:55 AM

Unfortunately, the majority voted for Barak Hussein Obama instead.

Cleombrotus on May 16, 2012 at 1:56 AM

Sparky
Don’t do that two many ppl will miss your wit……….

angrymike on May 16, 2012 at 1:57 AM

Bmore on May 16, 2012 at 1:49 AM

Yes, Looking back…I had no idea what my mom sacrificed and how much she did for us. Watching my sister with my baby nephew..Gosh…That is hard work.(understatement) I have so much understanding and respect now.

Mother’s deserve the utmost praise.

God blessed me with a wonderful one. I am who I am because of her.

I didnt see your pics..I will check the MD thread later.

bazil9 on May 16, 2012 at 1:57 AM

PS..That is a classic!!..:)

Dire Straits on May 16, 2012 at 1:48 AM

..it is!

You know, the first time I heard D.S. on the radio (Sultans of Swing), I thought Bobby Dylan did it. I really like them a lot. When my body is suffused with too much of the amber nectar and I get particularly weepy, I pine for my old USAF days by listening to Brothers in Arms. That usually brings down the house — along with Bob Dylan’s Dream. (There’s only covers of that, unfortunately.)

But the next day’s hangover generally cured the sentimentality.

The War Planner on May 16, 2012 at 1:58 AM

Dire Straits QOTD song. It just seems appropriate giving the nature of the topics in the thread.

Bmore on May 16, 2012 at 1:58 AM

4Grace on May 16, 2012 at 1:50 AM

I hear you!!..:):)

Dire Straits on May 16, 2012 at 1:59 AM

I self banned myself.

SparkPlug on May 16, 2012 at 1:54 AM

Where have you been? We were worried.

Bmore on May 16, 2012 at 1:59 AM