Poll: What was the Obamateurism of the Week?

posted at 9:30 am on May 13, 2012 by Ed Morrissey

Don’t leave this post today before casting your vote for the Obamateurism of the Week!  We’re not recycling anything this week, on Obama’s behalf or anyone else’s. Just remember Obama’s advice to treat others as you would yourself, until, er, you don’t want to anymore.

Previous weekly “winners” in 2012:

Previous Obamateurisms of the Year:

• Giving 2 minutes of “shout-outs” before getting to the Fort Hood shooting (2009)
  • Obama leaves Clinton at press conference podium on tax deal to attend Christmas party (2010)
  • “I would put our legislative and foreign policy accomplishments in our first two years against any president— with the possible exceptions of Johnson, F.D.R., and Lincoln.” (2011)

Got an Obamateurism of the Day? If you see a foul-up by Barack Obama, e-mail it to me at obamaisms@edmorrissey.com with the quote and the link to the Obamateurism. I’ll post the best Obamateurisms on a daily basis, depending on how many I receive. Include a link to your blog, and I’ll give some link love as well. And unlike Slate, I promise to end the feature when Barack Obama leaves office.

Comments

Everything this mother f@(ker does is an Obamateurism.

Long haired country boy on May 13, 2012 at 9:33 AM

No question about this week.

joekenha on May 13, 2012 at 9:33 AM

Oh man, I voted for the wrong one! “On my behalf” definitely should win.

thebrokenrattle on May 13, 2012 at 9:33 AM

“…fighting on my behalf…”

It’s all about him.

Drained Brain on May 13, 2012 at 9:34 AM

We can start doing an hourly one pretty soon with JugEars..

KOOLAID2 on May 13, 2012 at 9:35 AM

on my behalf

it’s good to be the king

cmsinaz on May 13, 2012 at 9:35 AM

on my behalf

it’s good to be the king

cmsinaz on May 13, 2012 at 9:35 AM

Yup.

Rational Thought on May 13, 2012 at 9:37 AM

Slam dunk, I said it when barky spoke it.
Fighting on my behalf my @ss.

D-fusit on May 13, 2012 at 9:37 AM

definite OOTY candidate

cmsinaz on May 13, 2012 at 9:38 AM

As soon as I learned about Barry’s private army, I knew he wuz a good preezy!

cane_loader on May 13, 2012 at 9:40 AM

…I voted for the wrong one again…He knows about Jesus and Christianity as well as he knows geography, history, math, etc.
Sat in Rev. Wright’s church for 20 years and knows learned what?
Never sat in any classroom that long! How fricken stupid is this guy?

KOOLAID2 on May 13, 2012 at 9:43 AM

definite OOTY candidate

cmsinaz on May 13, 2012 at 9:38 AM

I coudn’t agree more, imagine the gall to even utter such nonsense.

D-fusit on May 13, 2012 at 9:44 AM

Here’s something that makes ya go hmmmmm

Did Obama Bribe Rev. Wright To Keep Silent in 08

Aggie95 on May 13, 2012 at 9:44 AM

My tablet screwed the pooch on the quote, sorry cmsinaz.

D-fusit on May 13, 2012 at 9:46 AM

…for all the Mother’s who raised or are raising children, on behalf of Barrack Insane Ohmama…HAPPY Mother’s DAY!

KOOLAID2 on May 13, 2012 at 9:46 AM

Did Obama Bribe Rev. Wright To Keep Silent in 08

Aggie95 on May 13, 2012 at 9:44 AM

Oh, believe me, 0bama offered him something.

A blowhard like Wright doesn’t just shut his yap on his own initiative.

cane_loader on May 13, 2012 at 9:46 AM

Cites the most prominent source for marriage between a man and a woman as his justification for believing the opposite. You just can’t get any better than that. What a complete tool!!!!

dddave on May 13, 2012 at 9:48 AM

D-fusit on May 13, 2012 at 9:46 AM

no worries :)

cmsinaz on May 13, 2012 at 9:49 AM

Me thinks,this one!

canopfor on May 13, 2012 at 9:50 AM

It has to be ‘on my behalf’.

When he invokes Jesus it’s shameful but he’s been doing that for a while.

CorporatePiggy on May 13, 2012 at 9:50 AM

no surprise which one got the most votes.

Obama is a pos. Period.

tom daschle concerned on May 13, 2012 at 9:52 AM

on my behalf

it’s good to be the king

cmsinaz on May 13, 2012 at 9:35 AM

cmsinaz:Yup:)

canopfor on May 13, 2012 at 9:52 AM

I’m not seeing the poll for some reason. Didn’t see it last week, either. Do I need to adjust my ad-blocker to see it?

novaculus on May 13, 2012 at 9:52 AM

Citing Jesus and Christianity. Bad move.

dogsoldier on May 13, 2012 at 9:55 AM

Obama offered 150,000 for Wright to keep quiet, prior to the election, but that’s not the worst part, here is what is the worst part is in my opinion:

“Barack said, ‘I’m sorry you don’t see it the way I do. Do you know what your problem is?’ And I said, ‘No, what’s my problem?’ And he said, ‘You have to tell the truth.’

this undercuts all of Obama’s previous claims of feigned ignorance about Wright’s speeches, he apparently believed that all of it was the truth, but it was to politically damaging for him, so he concocted a conspiracy to keep it quiet

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/the_bribe_to_silence_wright_io9jneobl3fUF0cb7LpcNM#ixzz1ul2Scvxj

Jealous Michelle vs. Oprah
How two of America’s most powerful women grew to despise each other

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/jealous_michelle_vs_oprah_wDXXjFfq75tZRro1jy1AtK#ixzz1ul22Na6C

golembythehudson on May 13, 2012 at 9:55 AM

*what the worst part is

golembythehudson on May 13, 2012 at 9:56 AM

dddave on May 13, 2012 at 9:48 AM

Yep. Trots out Jesus when he can’t justify his own position.

katablog.com on May 13, 2012 at 9:59 AM

Obama, evidently, has never read the Bible.

kingsjester on May 13, 2012 at 9:59 AM

How fricken stupid is this guy?

KOOLAID2 on May 13, 2012 at 9:43 AM

It’s not really about “How stupid is this guy?”. It’s about how stupid are we as Americans? After all, we (Americans) elected this mutt.

In a larger sense, the question to be answered is whether or not we’re just another iteration in the long sad record of every other republic in human history. Will we end up poisoning our own well and drowning in our success, like all the rest? In that sense, will BHO end up being either the last elected American President or the first anointed American Emperor?

Sadly, it’s up to the current set of American voters to decide, and there’s not much reason to be optimistic.

Lew on May 13, 2012 at 10:08 AM

golembythehudson on May 13, 2012 at 9:55 AM

wow o vs m

cmsinaz on May 13, 2012 at 10:09 AM

Yep, that’s amateur, not to mention narcissistic and egotistical.

ExpressoBold on May 13, 2012 at 10:11 AM

Disgusting, but not surprising.

Naturally Curly on May 13, 2012 at 10:11 AM

I wanna talk about me
Wanna talk about I
Wanna talk about number one
Oh my me my
What I think, what I like, what I know, what I want, what I see

Apologies to Toby Keith

koaiko on May 13, 2012 at 10:15 AM

Slam dunk, I said it when barky spoke it.
Fighting on my behalf my @ss.

D-fusit on May 13, 2012 at 9:37 AM

D-fusit:Ahem(Hopey is spinning it)!:)

canopfor on May 13, 2012 at 10:15 AM

I didn’t have to hit the “Easy Button” this week. This one truely was. He can’t even hide his narcissism. Or he doesn’t even care to anymore. If he wins – lookout.

hazchic on May 13, 2012 at 10:17 AM

‘You have to tell the truth.’

golembythehudson on May 13, 2012 at 9:55 AM

Which infers, ‘Whereas, I can easily lie.’

Fallon on May 13, 2012 at 10:24 AM

golembythehudson on May 13, 2012 at 9:55 AM

Also, Wright says he was offered hush money, but it doesn’t appear that the interview asked, “Did you eventually take it?”

Fallon on May 13, 2012 at 10:26 AM

Please, please, PLEASE stop saying any OOTW is a candidate for OOTY. Every time you do, he accepts the challenge and does something even MORE galacticlly stupid the next week.

Maddie on May 13, 2012 at 10:26 AM

Fool and foolish for sure, but I don’t agree with his ‘golden’ tag.

Sir Napsalot on May 13, 2012 at 10:27 AM

Barry’s the least knowledgeable CIC in history. All of his smarts and experience are in socialism and community organizing. That is what he thinks the military fights for him…personally. He wants to use them for his own goals… He is hoping to put them in the same category as the unions and Occupy type groups. Obamus Arrogantus QOTW.
And then the recycling… Let’s have a go at this one Barry…

“At a time when we’re fighting two wars, when millions of Americans can’t afford their medical bills or their tuition bills, when we’re paying more than $4 a gallon for gas, the man who rails against government spending wants to spend $1.2 billion on a tax break for Exxon Mobil,”… “That isn’t just irresponsible. It’s outrageous.”

Recycle that with some minor updating… as in add in the unemployment numbers and his work against the pipe-line…
I almost went with the Mother’s Day special though… Just another day in it’s all about Barry Ville…

RalphyBoy on May 13, 2012 at 10:27 AM

“When I think about, ah, those soldiers or airmen or Marines, sailors, who are out there fighting on my behalf …” – B. Hussein Obama

As a Combat Arms Vet, I am not only deeply offended, I am the most repulsed yet at this poseur’s pronouncements. And that’s a helluva lot.
i better stop now …
~(Ä)~

Karl Magnus on May 13, 2012 at 10:27 AM

I think what Obama meant by saying “fighting on my behalf” is that they are fighting on his orders. I don’t think he meant that they are fighting for him.

SoulGlo on May 13, 2012 at 10:29 AM

Hey, thanks for all the help.

Ghostery was blocking the poll. It popped up when I white listed Hot Air. I’ll reset it, and just disable it when I want to look at the poll.

I started using Ghostery and Ad-Block, and I can’t believe how many cookies and trackers they are blocking.

novaculus on May 13, 2012 at 10:33 AM

If you want an ongoing O-bism story that’s really pathetic, in the Headlines over at Power Line they have a link to a NY Post story about the feud between Mooshelle and Oprah. Tawdry Stuff.

Del Dolemonte on May 13, 2012 at 10:34 AM

SoulGlo on May 13, 2012 at 10:29 AM

Just last week he said himself that he takes people at their word and that they mean what they say. He didn’t say ‘fighting on my orders’ he said ‘fighting on my behalf.’

Even if he ‘meant’ something else, he didn’t say it. And I think regardless whether it was a slip of the tongue or not, it was a deep insight into the man. He is either monumentally stupid, narcissistic or both. If he didn’t mean what he said, it also undermines those that argue that he’s a great speaker or intellectual. (It actually undermines it if he did mean it as well)

The president is as big a moron as we’ve had in that office since Gerald Ford.

WashingtonsWake on May 13, 2012 at 10:38 AM

Here’s something that makes ya go hmmmmm

Did Obama Bribe Rev. Wright To Keep Silent in 08

Aggie95 on May 13, 2012 at 9:44 AM

Not to forget, they paid off Jessah Jacksum to shut up about The Juice as well.

It appears the Dems “made a donation” to Rev. Jesse (no, they would never do that!) to keep his yap shut after his diatribe about the Jews and Israel. A little bird told me it was a “nice six-figure donation”…

slickwillie2001 on May 13, 2012 at 10:38 AM

I approve of his support for marriage equality and can somewhat understand why he mentioned his faith when doing so. It is best to stick to ideas concering the law and equality when discussing a civil issue since that is really what it is all about, but I have a hunch the religious part of the message was aimed mainly at the black community. He knows that many mainline Christians already agree with him and that most of the fundamentalists and some of the evangelicals will never see it his way, so it wasn’t about that. Whatever the purpose, I don’t see it as an Obamateurism.

On the other hand, the one about the military fighting on his behalf is one of the “greatest” Obamateurisms in quite some time. The man is incredibly full of himself and isn’t doing a thing to hide it. Glad to see that option winning in a landslide.

McDuck on May 13, 2012 at 10:41 AM

The choice about forgetting michelle? Not an amateur move. Honestly…..he’s all about him, this is likely common place!

redlucy on May 13, 2012 at 10:42 AM

on my behalf

Philly on May 13, 2012 at 10:45 AM

SoulGlo on May 13, 2012 at 10:29 AM

He is a police state advocate… I really don’t get how people give him credit for being amazingly smart, and yet give him a pass on this kind of Freudian slip… His arrogance and self-importance are there to see if you are willing to look past the hype… Obama is for Obama.
It’s really that simple. And the world has seen this kind of ego gain power many times.

RalphyBoy on May 13, 2012 at 10:46 AM

I’m in the minority, I deliberately voted for “Cites Jesus and Christianity in defense of his gay marriage flip-flop.” Why? Everything else Obozo does is giving the finger to America, but this is giving the finger to God. Obozo is clearly stating that he’s better than God. You can expect one catastrophe after another with Obozo in office.

Gladtobehere on May 13, 2012 at 10:47 AM

RalphyBoy on May 13, 2012 at 10:46 AM

Indeed it has! And every time it comes to power it’s done so by the perfectly legal arrangements of its time and place. It’s hardly ever by an illegitimate coup or some criminal act.
Just remember, it was all of those “Good Germans” who voted Hitler into office and they still wouldn’t believe what a monster he was, even after WWII was long over and the archives had all become public.

Lew on May 13, 2012 at 10:55 AM

“When I think about, ah, those soldiers or airmen or Marines, sailors, who are out there fighting on my behalf.

When those solider airmen, marines and sailors enlisted they took an oath, and it wasn’t to Barack H Obama.

Does Obama even know what the oath is they take when they join the United States military?

Dr Evil on May 13, 2012 at 10:59 AM

I didn’t fight for Reagan, and today’s troops don’t fight for this president. What a Narcissist.

Mini-14 on May 13, 2012 at 11:03 AM

Dr Evil on May 13, 2012 at 10:59 AM

Does Obama even know the oath he took when he became POTUS?

Gladtobehere on May 13, 2012 at 11:08 AM

I beg to differ.
Marriage is simply the label placed on a human practice that goes back much further than religion or even civilization itself, however we may like to define it. It has its roots in the biological imperative of child-rearing and the brutal necessity of a monogamous mating and rearing pair. To this day, there is no other arrangement that transmits the essential tenets of human culture to succeeding generations with equal effectiveness than this arrangement….None!
The path that the intellectual elites of our time have set us on, is based on the classical hubris that has preceded every tragedy in human history. We cannot think our way beyond the basics of our own essential humanity, no matter how clever we think we are. That way is the path to a future more ghastly than our imagination can conjure up.

Lew on May 13, 2012 at 11:09 AM

Just remember, it was all of those “Good Germans” who voted Hitler von Hindenberg into office and they still wouldn’t believe what a monster he was, even after WWII was long over and the archives had all become public.

Lew on May 13, 2012 at 10:55 AM

FIFY
~(Ä)~

Karl Magnus on May 13, 2012 at 11:12 AM

Soldiers, and, ur, airmen? He left out the corpsemen!

tpitman on May 13, 2012 at 11:13 AM

Easy one.

It’s all about meeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!

Tim_CA on May 13, 2012 at 11:18 AM

One of there rare times there is a crystal clear choice, and that we have an OOTY potentially identified.

Mutnodjmet on May 13, 2012 at 11:19 AM

Karl Magnus on May 13, 2012 at 11:12 AM

Yes, and according to the political arrangements of the time and place, Von Hindenburg as President of the Weimar Republic reached out to Hitler to form a government because he’d garnered a third of the popular votes and a growing number of seats in the Reichstag in the previous election.
The “coup” occurred after he was chosen Chancellor, and was heralded by the vast majority of Germans and many others at the time, as “saving” the republic from the evil forces of disorder and chaos.
And ever since that night, every tyrant on earth has been trying to replicate their own “Reichstag Fire”.

Lew on May 13, 2012 at 11:21 AM

This was an unfair fight. I almost voted for one of the others just to make it more even. Then I came to my senses.

Oldnuke on May 13, 2012 at 11:23 AM

I,I,ME,ME,I,I,ME,I,ME,ME,ME,ME,ME,I,,I.

jukin3 on May 13, 2012 at 11:34 AM

I would give anything to have Gen. Patton alive and have The O spout his drivel about the military. Patton couldn’t keep his mouth shut and the fireworks would’ve been epic.

Renee on May 13, 2012 at 11:34 AM

Does Obama even know the oath he took when he became POTUS?

Gladtobehere on May 13, 2012 at 11:08 AM

“Words. Just words.”

Solaratov on May 13, 2012 at 11:42 AM

Had to go with the using Christianity to justify his position on gay marriage. The mental gymnastics to get to that point are breathtaking.

AZfederalist on May 13, 2012 at 11:44 AM

Does Obama even know the oath he took when he became POTUS?

Gladtobehere on May 13, 2012 at 11:08 AM

I think he does and that is why he giggled when he took the Oath of Office.

jukin3 on May 13, 2012 at 11:46 AM

I picked the one that offended me the most. Looks like I’m on the same page with everyone.

azkag on May 13, 2012 at 12:12 PM

golembythehudson on May 13, 2012 at 9:55 AM

Del Dolemonte on May 13, 2012 at 10:34 AM

Thanks for the links!! What a great Mother’s Day treat!

LOL…I can’t believe that any part of that story is in print:)

mnmom on May 13, 2012 at 12:22 PM

Ibama (my behalf).

Arnold Yabenson on May 13, 2012 at 12:36 PM

On MY behalf? Just imagine if George B……oh, never mind!

gullxn on May 13, 2012 at 12:41 PM

Has to be our military fighting on HIS behalf.

Stupid putz.

Xyz22 on May 13, 2012 at 1:04 PM

Dr Evil on May 13, 2012 at 10:59 AM

He thinks it’s the Jungvolk Oath — “In the presence of this blood banner which represents our Fuhrer, I swear to devote all my energies and my strength to the savior of our country, Adolph Hitler. I am willing and ready to give up my life for him, so help me God.”

He is a disgusting POS.

Xyz22 on May 13, 2012 at 1:18 PM

I don’t think it matters which one you choose. They’re all doozys.

hachiban on May 13, 2012 at 1:23 PM

on my behalf….

it’s always about the preezy.

Green eyed Lady on May 13, 2012 at 1:26 PM

How can he even begin to think that he can quote Jesus or Christianity in his defense of gay marriage. Obviously this idiot will spout any nonsense just to make a vague point, even though he is so wrong that it makes one hair catch on fire. What a pompous jerk…..

chai on May 13, 2012 at 2:15 PM

One Freudian slip negates a million pontificating words.

stukinIL4now on May 13, 2012 at 2:48 PM

It warms my heart to see you all commenting on my behalf.

WannabeAnglican on May 13, 2012 at 2:49 PM

Obama, evidently, has never read the Bible.

kingsjester on May 13, 2012 at 9:59 AMv

He has the version where the words of Karl Marx are written in red, communist red or maybe human blood.

Gladtobehere on May 13, 2012 at 3:29 PM

Barack Behalf Obama.

Living in an Obamacentric universe.

profitsbeard on May 13, 2012 at 5:49 PM

i better stop now …
~(Ä)~

Karl Magnus on May 13, 2012 at 10:27 AM

First & always, a sincere thank you & your fellow vets for your service.

Regarding SippyCup, every insultingly-boneheaded Freudian slip he’s made over these long excruciating years has had an element of truth or honesty. Like his legendary slip about his “Muslim faith” (which would have gone uncorrected without the gentle help of George S.), he seems to really think that the U.S. Armed Forces is his own private army.

I can’t begin to imagine what any member of our Armed Forces, active or not, must feel at the thought that SippyCup believes that they’re fighting especially for him.

Gag.

SnarkySam on May 13, 2012 at 6:18 PM

Pay no attention to that man behind the pulpit….I know what God would want us to do.

lynncgb on May 13, 2012 at 7:20 PM

I have to agree with anyone that thought the “fighting on my behalf” comment is ambiguous. It seems to me that any U.S. citizen could personalize their gratitude to our men and women in uniform by making the same statement, and no one would think anything of it. The POTUS is the only one who can’t say it without more being read into it.
There are plenty of cold hard facts for me to justifiably make accusations about. I ‘m having a hard time using supposition.

lynncgb on May 13, 2012 at 7:49 PM

definite OOTY candidate

cmsinaz on May 13, 2012 at 9:38 AM

No doubt. I liked that he left Mooch behind on the plane though.

tbear44 on May 13, 2012 at 9:23 PM

… fighting on MY behalf …

A perfect statement about King Putt and his core beliefs.
So my vote boosted the majority, what do I win?

Missilengr on May 14, 2012 at 4:22 PM

Oh, and let no one forget ” … my Muslim faith.”
Again, core beliefs.