Newsweek finally goes where none have gone before

posted at 4:31 pm on May 13, 2012 by Jazz Shaw

Are you kidding me? I get that Andrew Sullivan is a man with an agenda and I completely support his right to make his opinions heard. I also understand that Newsweek – like any other publication – is in business to make a profit and that frequently involves pushing the envelope in terms of catching the public’s attention. But at what point is too much simply too much? When is the shark definitively jumped and the daily bread burned past any reasonable definition of being toast? Ladies and gentlemen, this would be that point.

First Gay President Large

Politico “explains.”

“‘Let the games begin,” Tina Brown said last week after Time Magazine released its controversial breastfeeding cover.

Brown, whose tenure as editor at Newsweek has seen an array of controversial covers, will respond with the above, pegged to Andrew Sullivan’s piece on Obama’s support for same-sex marriage: “The First Gay President.”

The poster that comes from this is going to sell millions. Take that to the bank.

I’m not such a political neophyte as to suggest that this is unique in politics, but the bold faced, brazen machinations and ham handed plotting which have characterized this “evolution” in the President’s position on the subject at hand are rather breathtaking. And I’m not saying that people don’t actually “evolve” in their positions, beliefs or ideology. I know that my own attitudes and beliefs in my twenties were a far cry – in some instances at least – from where I stand in my fifties. Very few of us spring out of the halls of high school fully formed with all of the opinions we’ll hold until the grave.

But these evolutions generally take place over a long period of time, as exposure to new people and different ideas are examined and experimented with. Some are kept, others are rejected. Barack Obama, on the other hand, has gone in the course of less than a decade from full throated support of gay marriage to full opposition on religious grounds, back to full support. Are we really supposed to be buying this?

Apparently Mr. Sullivan thinks so. And Newsweek is more than happy to jump on board with a cover which will probably go down as one of the most ridiculed and satirized efforts in the history of magazine publication. (But I wouldn’t mind a piece of the sales from the poster, though.) Yeesh.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

gay?

feh.

ted c on May 13, 2012 at 8:09 PM

“LOL”, “ROFL”? Are you 7 years old?

No, pops. Are you new to this internets thingy, gramps?

ddrintn on May 13, 2012 at 8:06 PM

You’re as immature as they get. Deal with it.

CW on May 13, 2012 at 8:09 PM

By electing conservatives to Congress.

ddrintn on May 13, 2012 at 8:06 PM

And what happens when he gets Congress again?

Chuck Schick on May 13, 2012 at 8:09 PM

By electing conservatives to Congress.

ddrintn on May 13, 2012 at 8:06 PM

What about the EO’s he issues and all the other ways he’s found to go around Congress? How are you going to stop that?

But yeah Romney is the one to “fear”

gophergirl on May 13, 2012 at 8:09 PM

CyberCipher on May 13, 2012 at 7:59 PM

Shouldn’t that be “My collie sez…”?

Lanceman on May 13, 2012 at 8:10 PM

Best this will go over well with Muslims…

albill on May 13, 2012 at 8:10 PM

Here’s the thing, the halo’s not as huge a deal as the headline. Everyone knows it. Called a “metrosexual,” his dainty dancing, his often effeminate gait, his oddly too close contact with many male politicians. Some say he’s bisexual. But that just means he’s gay.

The Newsweek cover is telling no fib: The First Gay President. It’s been that way for over 3 years, though.

We’re actually going to be getting at least three bars, jackpot! The 1st black prez, the 1st socialist p, and a lot more dubious and obvious firsts that I don’t even want to go into here, lest the libs have a conniption.

anotherJoe on May 13, 2012 at 8:11 PM

Bet

albill on May 13, 2012 at 8:11 PM

hawkdriver on May 13, 2012 at 8:01 PM
It’s the rationalizations of the battered wife. Yours sound just like them.

ddrintn on May 13, 2012 at 8:02 PM

Whatever. At least The Conservative Party has a better plan than a scorched earth approach.

A lot of people assert you aren’t really anything but a President Obama Moby. I’d have to admit you sound more like that all the time. He’s the only one that benefits from your diatribe. If Preisent Obama wins, the US Military gets another 4 years of the worst CinC in my lifetime. Is that what you want? He gets one, maybe two shots at SCOTUS picks again. Is that what you what? Maybe you do?

What do I know though? I’m a battered husband.

hawkdriver on May 13, 2012 at 8:11 PM

Well this poster sounds like my nephew when he doesn’t get his way and he’s 8.

Ad hominem.

Yeah Obama unchecked for four years. I’m sure he’ll be “real” easy to control. EO’s for everybody. I swear the radical ABR’s are just as bad as the radical Obama supporters.

gophergirl on May 13, 2012 at 8:07 PM

Straw man. No one said anything about “unchecked”. Quite the contrary. The ‘bot Logical Fallacy Festival continues.

Yes. The as8hole will feel vindicated with an Obama win and then blame everyone else for the fallout.

CW on May 13, 2012 at 8:08 PM

But you have nothing to worry about because you’re going to cruise to victory without “as8holes” like me, right, genius?

ddrintn on May 13, 2012 at 8:11 PM

But you aren’t more Conservative than me and you can’t be more disappointed in the GOP than. I’ve giving it this one election.

Good night.

hawkdriver on May 13, 2012 at 7:55 PM

“Well I don’t make enough money myself right now to stand on my own feet…and I know deep down he’s a pretty good duy and I can change him, I just know it…” LOL

ddrintn on May 13, 2012 at 7:58 PM

That is so dishonest. That’s not even remotely what he’s been saying. He finds Obama a price he won’t pay (along with the other poster who said it well – mark). I’ve been saying this as well – get rid of the bigger evil and then work very very hard to either start up a viable third party or houseclean the GOP.

It’s entirely possible, just depends on what people are willing to do and who they get with them. You don’t think that you could get some of the “Big” people to give it a go? How about Palin? Or another very strong conservatives? We don’t know this. This isn’t the only place conservatives hang out. There’s a lot of people who might find a third party the way to go – some serious people with large networks.

However, painting Hawkdriver and others as “battered women” is dishonest and, quite frankly, repugnant. You owe them an apology.

You do what you must, just as we will, but to twist the words into a whole different meaning so you can have your self-righteous name calling is just BS and just has you looking like angryed part 2.

kim roy on May 13, 2012 at 8:11 PM

How? When? In 2024? 2028?

ddrintn on May 13, 2012 at 7:43 PM

Who says we ever stopped?..

We clearly didn’t field a truly reform candidate.. is that the fault of the conservative base?.. or the leaders who sat out the fight?

I’m one retired guy on disablity.. I do what I can. enfluence where I can.. but you gift me with much more enfluence than is credible if you think my voice matters more than anyone elses and I simply MUST join your position..

I will not.. and refuse to argue with you about it.. (son’s tugging at me to help him with his sister wars.).. I just believe you are wrong.. and that inducing catastrophe to bring about change is insane..

You want to rise from the ashes..

I want to rebuild before that becomes the last option.. and I am not alone.. Romney will win.. because Americans can be played.. but the majority resent being taken for fools.. so Obama will pay this time.

As to the reforms you would burn down the house to achieve.. I doubt we would even all agree as to what your chosen reforms would be.. if Paul is your architect.. no.. won’t happen.

but again.. gotta go.. so this argument is over.. and you have not changed my mind.

mark81150 on May 13, 2012 at 8:12 PM

hawkdriver on May 13, 2012 at 8:11 PM

“You say you’ve got a real solution…wellllll, you know, we’d all love to see the plan…”

Come on. Let’s have it. What’s your “better plan”?

ddrintn on May 13, 2012 at 8:13 PM

ddrintn on May 13, 2012 at 8:11 PM

First of all I’m not a ‘bot – I supported someone else in the primary. Second – you didn’t answer my question.

gophergirl on May 13, 2012 at 8:14 PM

Has anyone gone on the internet and pulled up some of the rainbow parades that go on in San francisco? It is so disgusting that I will forever need to wash it out of my mind, and brain. Someone posted a link and I was stupid enough to think it could not be that evil. It is!

Bambi on May 13, 2012 at 8:14 PM

kim roy on May 13, 2012 at 8:11 PM

More phony outrageous outrage. It’s exactly what you are. I take insult after insult and you sit there and get your knickers in a twist demanding apologies because you aren’t comfortable with the truth. Too bad. No apologies forthcoming. Whine enough and maybe I’ll be banned.

ddrintn on May 13, 2012 at 8:16 PM

Good night all!

gophergirl on May 13, 2012 at 8:16 PM

Obama has noting on Rommey. Give Mittens a decade and he can go full on 3 or 4 issues. You won’t even see the final iteration until he’s elected President.

bayam on May 13, 2012 at 8:16 PM

Best this will go over well with Muslims…

albill on May 13, 2012 at 8:10 PM

I met a Muslim woman the other day that said she won’t be voting for him this time around just because of the whole gay marriage incident. I hope this backfires on the Dems… big time.

redridinghood on May 13, 2012 at 8:17 PM

ddrintn on May 13, 2012 at 8:11 PM

And you whine about ad hominems?

Chuck Schick on May 13, 2012 at 8:17 PM

gophergirl on May 13, 2012 at 8:09 PM

That’s probably the price you pay for nominating a weak candidate, wouldn’t you think?

ddrintn on May 13, 2012 at 8:17 PM

It’s the rationalizations of the battered wife. Yours sound just like them.

ddrintn on May 13, 2012 at 8:02 PM

Well this poster sounds like my nephew when he doesn’t get his way and he’s 8.

gophergirl on May 13, 2012 at 8:07 PM

Ad hominem.

ddrintn on May 13, 2012 at 8:11 PM

So funny.

rogerb on May 13, 2012 at 8:18 PM

ddrintn on May 13, 2012 at 8:11 PM

And you whine about ad hominems?

Chuck Schick on May 13, 2012 at 8:17 PM

“‘bot”? That’s no worse than “Palinista”, to which I’ve never really objected.

ddrintn on May 13, 2012 at 8:19 PM

First of all I’m not a ‘bot

gophergirl on May 13, 2012 at 8:14 PM

Well, I am a ‘bot – A BUSH-bot.

You hear me ‘bayam’?

Lanceman on May 13, 2012 at 8:20 PM

It’s the rationalizations of the battered wife. Yours sound just like them.

ddrintn on May 13, 2012 at 8:02 PM

Well this poster sounds like my nephew when he doesn’t get his way and he’s 8.

gophergirl on May 13, 2012 at 8:07 PM

Ad hominem.

ddrintn on May 13, 2012 at 8:11 PM

So funny.

rogerb on May 13, 2012 at 8:18 PM

Oh, here’s one that needs to look up “metaphor” in that dictionary.

Come on. You ‘bots are always disappointing for a group that considers itself to be so razor sharp.

ddrintn on May 13, 2012 at 8:21 PM

Good grief! The day at Hot Air starts out with a pic of Barney Frank and ends with this?

Shoulda stayed in bed.

Cleombrotus on May 13, 2012 at 8:22 PM

Surely I’m not the only one curious about the jellyfish article, right?

Typhonsentra on May 13, 2012 at 8:23 PM

“‘bot”? That’s no worse than “Palinista”, to which I’ve never really objected.

ddrintn on May 13, 2012 at 8:19 PM

You’re saying anyone who doesn’t think like you doesn’t think at all. Rather arrogant, especially considering you’re a Palin fan.

Chuck Schick on May 13, 2012 at 8:24 PM

Shouldn’t that be “My collie sez…”?

Lanceman on May 13, 2012 at 8:10 PM

My collie sez:

While all you HotAir folks are busy debating NewSpeak, the folks on Twitter, the champions of the mixed metaphor, have taken this mother’s day in a whole new direction.

Yes, but is it gay, or is it ghey, collie?

CyberCipher on May 13, 2012 at 8:25 PM

ddrintn on May 13, 2012 at 8:16 PM

I didn’t ask for an apology. Don’t want one. I honestly wouldn’t expect one from someone who makes a joke about someone being like a battered wife and then gets upset because someone else said you were acting like an 8yo. But again, whatever. I’m trying to do two things anyway and my comments are so full of typos I don’t even understand them.

I’ll just close by saying you couldn’t argue any better than a Democrat to try to make things go their way. And your not giving one inch approach really does set the stage for progressives in the GOP to blame Conservatives if Romney loses.

Maybe that’s what you were going for.

Or maybe you are trying to turn off Conservative votes because you are pulling for President Obama.

hawkdriver on May 13, 2012 at 8:25 PM

kim roy on May 13, 2012 at 8:11 PM

ddrintn on May 13, 2012 at 8:16 PM

Bah. So you’re hiding your bad behavior behind someone else was bad too? You talk big words, but won’t even own your own behavior. Way to fight the good fight.

Good luck to you. You make us Palinistas look bad so thanks for that.

kim roy on May 13, 2012 at 8:27 PM

Oh, by the way, I’d still LOVE to hear from either of you just how you’re going to “houseclean” the GOP after a Romney win, however narrow. You’d be assigned “empty the swill buckets” duty and be told to love it.

kim roy on May 13, 2012 at 8:11 PM

Oh, oh oh! I’ll bet “You disrespected all abused women everywhere!!!!! BAN HAMMMEMEREREREERERERR!!!!!” is next. It’s happened before.

Go for it.

ddrintn on May 13, 2012 at 8:27 PM

Tamoron Hall: I’m gonna cut this out and hang it up, cuz you’re in my house now! Goodbye!

nitzsche on May 13, 2012 at 8:28 PM

Yes, but is it gay, or is it ghey, collie?

CyberCipher on May 13, 2012 at 8:25 PM

Nobody has collies in FL. Too f*ckin’ hot.

Lanceman on May 13, 2012 at 8:29 PM

It’s the rationalizations of the battered wife. Yours sound just like them.

ddrintn on May 13, 2012 at 8:02 PM

Well this poster sounds like my nephew when he doesn’t get his way and he’s 8.

gophergirl on May 13, 2012 at 8:07 PM

Ad hominem.

ddrintn on May 13, 2012 at 8:11 PM

So funny.

rogerb on May 13, 2012 at 8:18 PM

You ‘bots…

ddrintn on May 13, 2012 at 8:21 PM

Better still.

rogerb on May 13, 2012 at 8:29 PM

hawkdriver on May 13, 2012 at 8:25 PM

There it is, almost!!!!! I knew it.

Good luck to you. You make us Palinistas look bad so thanks for that.

kim roy on May 13, 2012 at 8:27 PM

And conservatives continually bending over and taking it is going to make you look soooooooo much better. And cooler, too!

I couldn’t care less about your “image”, really.

ddrintn on May 13, 2012 at 8:30 PM

ddrintn on May 13, 2012 at 8:27 PM

Have another drink, you’ll feel better. O_o

That’s my last response to you, so knock yourself out.

kim roy on May 13, 2012 at 8:30 PM

David Burge‏@iowahawkblog

The funniest thing about the Newsweek cover? That the editors actually think it will help him.

Seven Percent Solution on May 13, 2012 at 8:30 PM

Newsweek is just the (devil’s) voice in the wilderness crying out, “Prepare ye the way of the limp wrist.”

This is just paving the way, boys & girls. You don’t think riding the girls’ bike was a mistake, do you?

Gordy on May 13, 2012 at 8:30 PM

This is going to be great. I really believe this helps him hahaha shhhhh! Nobody tell them

Conservative4ev on May 13, 2012 at 8:31 PM

Getting ridiculous. Night all.

hawkdriver on May 13, 2012 at 8:32 PM

hawkdriver on May 13, 2012 at 8:25 PM
There it is, almost!!!!! I knew it.

There “what” is?

hawkdriver on May 13, 2012 at 8:33 PM

LOL…If this site is still around in 2016, you’ll both be right here saying pretty much the same thing you’re saying right now, with the names changed a little. “We just CAN’T take the risk of Hillary/Andrew Cuomo/Whoever taking over the country. We just can’t. We’ going to have to work from within the party to reform it. That’s all…we have to suck it up and vote for Mitt again…I know it’s disappointing, but our country’s fate hangs in the balance here…we can’t fool around…”

ddrintn on May 13, 2012 at 7:49 PM

The fact is that if such an event occurs, that will be a true statement. We’ve had almost four years of Barack frickin’ Obama after people sat out the McCain election. How has that helped the country? We got Obamacare, we got the bailouts, we got Dodd-Frank, we got Sotomeyer and Kagan. … and you are still whining that we would be better with another four years of an unconstrained, by his own admission, Obama rather than Romney?

… and your silly analogy with battered wife syndrome. That’d make sense if we were backing the GOP when true freedom was available. Bottom line, it’s not. One of two people is going to be President January 2013 — Obama or Romney. That’s it. Period dot. Instead, the choice, staying within your analogy, is going back to one who verbally abuses (GOP) vs. supporting and going to a hardcore physical abuser (Obama).

You can go cower in your room, waiting for the fascists to come take you away. I’m going to do everything I can to make sure BHO is a one-term president. After that, I will continue to support groups that shove Romney to the right, that work from the bottom up to elect true constitutional conservatives and push back on the establishment GOP. The Democrats are too far gone to be anything other than the party of the takers and communists. The GOP may be too liberal, but starting from local politics and working upward, it will either be taken back or supplanted.

If you think the media is going to destroy the GOP if Romney is elected, they are going to try to destroy the GOP and conservatives if he is not elected. That argument holds no credibility.

AZfederalist on May 13, 2012 at 8:34 PM

Our Democrat friends were already cursing Biden’s name for this and calling it “political suicide” for Obama.

eforhan on May 13, 2012 at 6:17 PM

You have a link?

Kjeil on May 13, 2012 at 6:29 PM

Well, I met them through my wife, so I guess she’s my link.

Ah, I see. I left out that “Our” meant “My wife and my”. Sorry for the confusion. :)

eforhan on May 13, 2012 at 8:34 PM

Obooba’s evolving halo.

Akzed on May 13, 2012 at 5:34 PM

Patron Saint of Socialist Dog Eaters

redridinghood on May 13, 2012 at 8:35 PM

Chuck Schick on May 13, 2012 at 8:24 PM

I can tell you fairly succinctly why I like Palin, and have done so on various occasions. I haven’t heard many reasons from the ‘bots to vote for Romney except the “you’re working for da debbil if you don’t!!!” routine, followed by a round of team insults from the 24/7 ‘bot squad here. (It’s weird how there always seems to be some Mittfan or a little team of them always continually patrolling the threads these days waiting to jump on a dissenter here and there. Back before October they were as rare as hen’s teeth around here.)

ddrintn on May 13, 2012 at 8:36 PM

AZfederalist on May 13, 2012 at 8:34 PM

And you’re unaware of the irony. LOL

ddrintn on May 13, 2012 at 8:38 PM

Have another drink, you’ll feel better. O_o

That’s my last response to you, so knock yourself out.

kim roy on May 13, 2012 at 8:30 PM

You mean there’s no plan? You mean you’re hoping that Romney gets elected and turns out to be a TPers dream? And if not you’ll protest a little in 2015 but fall in line and by 2016 you’ll be kicking dissenters into line to vote for Mitt again lest they help The Enemy and destroy the country? I think that’s the “plan”, really.

ddrintn on May 13, 2012 at 8:40 PM

…and yet another diversion day, so only 175 more to go?…Yep!…they’re doing their job!
…it’s the ECONOMY stupid…!!!

KOOLAID2 on May 13, 2012 at 8:41 PM

AZfederalist on May 13, 2012 at 8:34 PM

LOL…*shakes head* Outta here.

ddrintn on May 13, 2012 at 8:42 PM

Is Andrew going to demand DNA tests for Obama’s daughters?

meci on May 13, 2012 at 8:44 PM

CyberCipher on May 13, 2012 at 8:25 PM

Hilarious! Thanks for the link, collie.

Lightswitch on May 13, 2012 at 8:45 PM

ddrintn on May 13, 2012 at 8:36 PM

I haven’t a clue what this babbling means, but Palin didn’t run. Dry your tears and move on.

There’s a word for whiners like you who think losing is a strategy. They’re called losers.

Chuck Schick on May 13, 2012 at 8:48 PM

So I guess MSNBC will now change their motto to Bending Over.

BigOil on May 13, 2012 at 8:48 PM

Speaking from a graphic design viewpoint, it’s bad concept incompetently executed. It could persuade me that there couldn’t have been any coordination between administration and media on this meme, because only a tight turnaround could excuse such horribly shoddy work.

sistrum on May 13, 2012 at 4:57 PM

Nah, they probably had this cooked up months ago, just waiting for the right time to display it, similar to the “Romney-was-a-high-school-bully” story.

PatriotGal2257 on May 13, 2012 at 8:49 PM

Just think George W. You blew it(no pun intended). Andrew would have proclaimed you as the first Gay President and Newsweek would have made you Jesus.

Hummer53 on May 13, 2012 at 8:51 PM

So these nuts have a halo above his head now. Will they have him on a cross come November?

VorDaj on May 13, 2012 at 6:38 PM

The voters will.

katy the mean old lady on May 13, 2012 at 8:57 PM

For the record, a comment *may* be ad hominem – and still be true.

Midas on May 13, 2012 at 8:57 PM

What’s really funny about this is that it is almost true. Obama IS a gay president, just not the first.

alwaysfiredup on May 13, 2012 at 9:01 PM

Chuck Schick on May 13, 2012 at 8:48 PM

There’s a word for people like you who can’t tolerate Cassandras. They’re called ostriches.

alwaysfiredup on May 13, 2012 at 9:03 PM

And you’re unaware of the irony. LOL

ddrintn on May 13, 2012 at 8:38 PM

No irony there [edited]. Fact is, you get two choices, four years of BHO with a minimum of two SCOTUS nominations, one of them possibly replacing a conservative justice. You call us delusional and then think that a barely GOP controlled Senate will not confirm Obama’s next evil nominee? Really? A Senate that will still have Mitch McConnell, John McCain, Susan Collins, Lindsay Grahamnesty, and [hopefully] Scott Brown are going to block a president’s SCOTUS nomination? Really? and you call those debating with you delusional? Sure, they’ll put up a spirited two or three day show of ire and then, when the MSM amps up the “unprecedented resistance to the prerogative of the Executive branch” stories, will fold like a cheap suit. Heck of a hope to hang your hat on there.

Nope, no irony in my statement at all, either Romney or Obama will be POTUS. Again, using your silly analogy, do you choose the verbal abuser whom you can ignore and push back at (Romney and the establishment GOP) or the physical abuser who will attack and potentially cause you lasting physical damage (Obama and him merry band of marxists)? Because that right there is your choice. You may get a GOP House and Senate (and most likely will), but you aren’t getting a solid conservative House and Senate yet. The reality is that a GOP controlled House and Senate will merely be the foils that Obama and the MSM will use for the following two years to try to sweep dems back into power the last two years of Jugear’s reign. As my grandad used to say, then there’ll be “Hail Columbia” after that.

AZfederalist on May 13, 2012 at 8:34 PM

LOL…*shakes head* Outta here there.

ddrintn on May 13, 2012 at 8:42 PM

Much closer to the truth

AZfederalist on May 13, 2012 at 9:05 PM

AZfederalist on May 13, 2012 at 9:05 PM

Actually, yes. If we control the Senate, we control the Senate judiciary committee, and Obama’s nominees will never get out of committee.

alwaysfiredup on May 13, 2012 at 9:06 PM

From the ridiculous to the sublimely ridiculous.

Newsweek will be hard-pressed to out-do this heap of asininity.

oakland on May 13, 2012 at 9:07 PM

Why did they make him more light-skinned and change the color of his lips?

SouthernGent on May 13, 2012 at 6:38 PM

Why did they remove/ air brush the mole near his nose? Why is his arrogant chin still lifted?

onlineanalyst on May 13, 2012 at 9:10 PM

That’s going to be about as relevant in November as 2010 was. And all those referenda in CA didn’t win just on GOP votes, either. Look who’s the governor now.

ddrintn on May 13, 2012 at 5:19 PM

Funny. You find the one bright spot (CA) that was the worst election the Democratic Party’s ever had. They lost offices down to the level of dog catcher. 29 Republican governors. CA hasn’t voted a Republican legislature since… um, when?

But keep digging through the poop, ddrintn… there’s gotta be a pony there somewhere.

theCork on May 13, 2012 at 9:10 PM

Now that Newsweek has outed him, I wonder if all of Barry’s past boyfriends will feel it’s safe to come forward. Michelle is going to be ticked.

BettyRuth on May 13, 2012 at 9:14 PM

alwaysfiredup on May 13, 2012 at 9:06 PM

That may be true of his normal judicial nominees, but SCOTUS nominees? Unless the nominee is on film dismembering puppies on the courthouse lawn, there is no way a narrowly controlled GOP judiciary committee will bottle up that nomination for long. The squishes we have in the Senate won’t last one week of a prolonged MSM assault. Especially when that assault will be accompanied by focus groups and poll data showing how the American people view those GOP meanies as evil and rotten and just this side of satan’s domain. They’ll fold. Then, on the floor, the same drama will be played out and once again, the GOP will fold. They always do. Until we get rid of the squishes, we can’t trust the GOP to stand against anything.

AZfederalist on May 13, 2012 at 9:14 PM

Finally, an accurate headline from Newsweak. Is Kal Penn quoted in the article at all? Or are those two on the outs again?

NoLeftTurn on May 13, 2012 at 9:25 PM

ddrintn on May 13, 2012 at 7:22 PM

You have obviously ignored Obama’s myriad Executive Orders and government by federal agency fiat, the imposition of rules by unelected, unaccountable bureaucrats. Don’t forget O’s bypassing Congress via his Libyan adventure.

onlineanalyst on May 13, 2012 at 9:26 PM

AZfederalist on May 13, 2012 at 9:14 PM

Happened all the time to Clinton, and Reagan before him. Opposition control of the senate is a huge, huge presidential obstacle.

alwaysfiredup on May 13, 2012 at 9:27 PM

AZfederalist on May 13, 2012 at 9:14 PM

A truth that should be proclaimed from the rooftops. It’s a multiyear process. Rest assured that another 4 of the Gay Commie Jesus will make that process much more difficult, if not impossible.

Correct on the Senate Judiciary Committee as well.

spiritof61 on May 13, 2012 at 9:29 PM

I think Jazz Shaw might be Jonah Goldberg’s nom de plume. Has anyone ever seen them both in the same room at the same time?

rogaineguy on May 13, 2012 at 9:33 PM

Really? What do you have planned? An anti-Mitt insurgency within the GOP? LOL

ddrintn on May 13, 2012 at 7:51 PM

Hawkdriver wants a strong Conservative Party with candidates who can defeat the Republicans and the Democrats. What’s not clear about that?

Gelsomina on May 13, 2012 at 9:35 PM

HAHAHA! Better than dog eating. Embrace the gay, Soetoro!

BHO Jonestown on May 13, 2012 at 6:52 PM

why, no, he’s embracing ‘diversity’, both the culinary and the sexual orientation sorts :)…

jimver on May 13, 2012 at 9:43 PM

It’s like he jumped a shark, landed in a fridge, and the fridge got nuked. Then the whole sick, sad thing had a Downfall parody made of it.

Sekhmet on May 13, 2012 at 9:43 PM

Whoever bought Newsweek for a dollar got ripped off.

parteagirl on May 13, 2012 at 9:48 PM

Ahem, perhaps the “full throated” part would be better edited out of this comment?

Mason on May 13, 2012 at 6:28 PM

: )

listens2glenn on May 13, 2012 at 9:48 PM

Were Newsweek still the influential magazine it was 15 years ago, this cover would absolutely, positively ensure his loss in November.

Diminished as Newsweek now is, this cover is still going to hurt him.

I see a mega-meme developing that gives me great hope of seeing the end of 0bama in November:

Everywhere one turns lately, biased media is diving in with attempts to “help” 0bama that are backfiring consistently.

0bama has to be beside himself, saying, “with friends like this, who needs enemies?”

cane_loader on May 13, 2012 at 10:06 PM

So, to one-up the 2008 election, Americans are being asked to elect the first openly gay president?

History repeats itself as farce.

cane_loader on May 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM

Man… I can only pray that Time follows suit.

The LSM may end up losing this election for the Zero.

cane_loader on May 13, 2012 at 10:10 PM

Sooooo…. with a solid majority of Americans tolerant, but not supportive of gays, Newsweek thought it was a good idea to tell America that 0bama is gay?

cane_loader on May 13, 2012 at 10:12 PM

Sekhmet on May 13, 2012 at 9:43 PM

The best part of the Obama years are the Downfall parodies. They make living with Obama a little more bearable.

Gladtobehere on May 13, 2012 at 10:13 PM

So 0bama is a butt who kills pirates? He sounds conflicted.

cane_loader on May 13, 2012 at 10:15 PM

Hey, was that a fork……..

tommyboy on May 13, 2012 at 10:17 PM

I guess Cheney was the first gay Vice President.

mankai on May 13, 2012 at 10:20 PM

For once the media got it correct. If you listen closely, you can hear the claps from Man’s Country.

SaysWho on May 13, 2012 at 10:23 PM

Suddenly, Biden’s comment “I promise you, Obama has a big stick” makes sense.

HotAirian on May 13, 2012 at 10:24 PM

Better still.

rogerb on May 13, 2012 at 8:29 PM

hey roger, how the heck did you do that fancy multi-indent quote thing?? pretty cool!

cane_loader on May 13, 2012 at 10:26 PM

I can see that DDRINTN has been winning friends and influencing people again. Poor chap, he spends soooo much time chasing each thread and then disses the stalwart conservative posters..

Too little fresh air and too many page refreshes have left him a bit comatose…

Bradky on May 13, 2012 at 10:31 PM

Gelsomina on May 13, 2012 at 9:35 PM

Well, you didn’t get it.

I don’t want to defeat Republicans. Just Progressives. Wherever they reside.

hawkdriver on May 13, 2012 at 10:38 PM

I guess Cheney was the first gay Vice President.

mankai on May 13, 2012 at 10:20 PM

No halo for him.

redridinghood on May 13, 2012 at 10:45 PM

Did you never see Obama bunny hop dowe the stairs from Air Force One? I’m just sayin’!!!

Dread Pirate Roberts VI on May 13, 2012 at 10:54 PM

Well, you didn’t get it.

I don’t want to defeat Republicans. Just Progressives. Wherever they reside.

hawkdriver on May 13, 2012 at 10:38 PM

At least you are on to it, Hawk.

When Reagan left town, the Progressives took over the GOP, disguised as the Bush Family.

The GOP hasn’t won a landslide election since.

victor82 on May 13, 2012 at 10:54 PM

Aaaand I thought I was having a good ol’ Mother’s Day party. I come back and see this-and it’s when I wish two things: One, that Sarah was the candidate, and two; if Mitt wises up he better pick Rand because his comment is golden.

He’s being forced to come out of the closet big time, bank on it./

ProudPalinFan on May 13, 2012 at 11:01 PM

Gotta get on Twitter for this, any hashtags?

ProudPalinFan on May 13, 2012 at 11:03 PM

Actually, although I’m not voting for Obama, I do think that would be the most desirable outcome at this point. Otherwise you’re sounding like a battered wife: “Just one more chance…” Look, this election cycle is a Hobson’s choice. If Romney wins, you can say goodbye to any meaningful reform for at least a generation. The base will be discredited and shat upon more than ever and the establishment will reign supreme. If Romney loses but we have the odd spectacle of the GOP picking up strength in Congress, Obama’s deadlocked and there’s at least hope for 2016.

ddrintn on May 13, 2012 at 7:22 PM

So, as you are an experienced, long-time commenter, I read that you are OK with 0bama getting 3 more picks to the Supreme Court.

Either you’re a plant or you are extremely short-sighted and unwise, or you do not know the function of the judicial branch of the federal government.

Your position will doom America.

cane_loader on May 13, 2012 at 11:07 PM

[snip]

ddrintn on May 13, 2012 at 7:22 PM

If I have misunderstood you, I apologize. But from your comments, I gather that you do not plan to vote for Romney.

That’s half a vote for 0bama, and given the situation in the nation, a half a vote is not OK!

cane_loader on May 13, 2012 at 11:10 PM

Well B, time to come clean to M and just divorce already. No sense in keeping this sham marriage going, don’t be playin behind her back.

Ukiah on May 13, 2012 at 11:13 PM