Newsweek finally goes where none have gone before

posted at 4:31 pm on May 13, 2012 by Jazz Shaw

Are you kidding me? I get that Andrew Sullivan is a man with an agenda and I completely support his right to make his opinions heard. I also understand that Newsweek – like any other publication – is in business to make a profit and that frequently involves pushing the envelope in terms of catching the public’s attention. But at what point is too much simply too much? When is the shark definitively jumped and the daily bread burned past any reasonable definition of being toast? Ladies and gentlemen, this would be that point.

First Gay President Large

Politico “explains.”

“‘Let the games begin,” Tina Brown said last week after Time Magazine released its controversial breastfeeding cover.

Brown, whose tenure as editor at Newsweek has seen an array of controversial covers, will respond with the above, pegged to Andrew Sullivan’s piece on Obama’s support for same-sex marriage: “The First Gay President.”

The poster that comes from this is going to sell millions. Take that to the bank.

I’m not such a political neophyte as to suggest that this is unique in politics, but the bold faced, brazen machinations and ham handed plotting which have characterized this “evolution” in the President’s position on the subject at hand are rather breathtaking. And I’m not saying that people don’t actually “evolve” in their positions, beliefs or ideology. I know that my own attitudes and beliefs in my twenties were a far cry – in some instances at least – from where I stand in my fifties. Very few of us spring out of the halls of high school fully formed with all of the opinions we’ll hold until the grave.

But these evolutions generally take place over a long period of time, as exposure to new people and different ideas are examined and experimented with. Some are kept, others are rejected. Barack Obama, on the other hand, has gone in the course of less than a decade from full throated support of gay marriage to full opposition on religious grounds, back to full support. Are we really supposed to be buying this?

Apparently Mr. Sullivan thinks so. And Newsweek is more than happy to jump on board with a cover which will probably go down as one of the most ridiculed and satirized efforts in the history of magazine publication. (But I wouldn’t mind a piece of the sales from the poster, though.) Yeesh.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Good job, TIME. Screwed by your own willful blindness. Love it.

petefrt on May 13, 2012 at 5:39 PM

LOL, TIME/NEWSWEAK, what’s the diff?

petefrt on May 13, 2012 at 6:12 PM

Does that mean he loves teabaggers or not. I’m confused.

vityas on May 13, 2012 at 6:15 PM

The good thing about looking back on the Prop 8 statistical information is that the following groups all voted in favor of Prop 8(Banning gay marriage) in far left liberal California: Asians, Blacks, Latinos Muslims.

Well the good thing that the mostly white elite liberals have so many people to hateful attacks.

By the way when will Barack Obama say:I AM NOT GAY! or is it more uh uh i am evolving

DVPTexFla on May 13, 2012 at 6:05 PM

And who did the left blame for that?

Mormons.

BallisticBob on May 13, 2012 at 6:15 PM

Does that mean he loves teabaggers or not. I’m confused.

vityas on May 13, 2012 at 6:15 PM

HEY YO!

BallisticBob on May 13, 2012 at 6:16 PM

And everyone thought Biden had “forced” BO’s hand on this issue.

Nuts! This is more like a reach around in response.

And next week, I suppose they’ll feature a cover story “reminding” readers . . . “Don’t forget, he bitch-slapped OBL!”

Hey . . . they have to find a way to make it fit the “Forward!” narrative, no?

The only possible explanation I can think of for the strange unfolding of all of this, is that these folks are both desperate and giddy — all at once. Now, they won’t (and can’t) admit to themselves that they’re desperate, so they have to shrilly promote something to advance the “progressive cause” which really comes right down to an obvious act of desperation to hold onto their base.

Their problem is that they simply have no sense about how badly this will corrode his already badly damaged candidacy.

Get out the popcorn, folks. They’re going to do the lion’s share of the work for us.

Trochilus on May 13, 2012 at 6:16 PM

Our Democrat friends were already cursing Biden’s name for this and calling it “political suicide” for Obama.

eforhan on May 13, 2012 at 6:17 PM

No, we’re not.

But a lot of folks want us to believe Mitt’s done the same maneuver on a number of other topics.

I, for one, don’t believe either one of them. Why someone would not believe Obama but believe Romney (different topics, but same break-neck whiplash-inducing multi-reversals of positions), is frankly… unbelievable.

Midas on May 13, 2012 at 6:20 PM

thatsafactjack on May 13, 2012 at 5:48 PM

PastorJon on May 13, 2012 at 6:22 PM

ddrintn on May 13, 2012 at 5:13 PM

I suspect you probably don’t know many black Obama voters. I got my haircut this afternoon at the barber shop. No one had anything nice to say about gay people

libfreeordie on May 9, 2012 at 5:43 PM

rogerb on May 13, 2012 at 6:25 PM

Ahem, perhaps the “full throated” part would be better edited out of this comment?

Mason on May 13, 2012 at 6:28 PM

eforhan on May 13, 2012 at 6:17 PM

You have a link?

Kjeil on May 13, 2012 at 6:29 PM

libfreeordie on May 9, 2012 at 5:43 PM

..where was the barber shop. If it was in Twin Falls, Idaho or Salt Lake City, Utah that’s one thing. However, were it in Watts or Compton, California or Harlem that’d be an eye-opener.

The War Planner on May 13, 2012 at 6:29 PM

I’m not sure what motivates some folks to argue one side of an issue or another. It’s not my business and not anybody’s right to tell them they can’t. It’s also not my business or anybody’s right to tell them they shouldn’t push an issue or have an opinion. But the primary is over and Mitt Romney is what’s left. If you are actually GOP or a Conservative, it’s time to get behind who’s going to be on the ticket. I understand there are a lot of hard feelings from some of the things that have been said during the primary. There are people here I used to consider intelligent and engaging that I’d be hard pressed to give the time of day to after the vitriol they used to push their guy. That doesn’t matter. There are people that still make no bones about the fact they want to push Religious Conservatives out of the GOP and they’ll probably succeed. I’d like to help them by inviting those folks to consider The Conservative Party. But even The Conservative Party is going to endorse Mitt Romney. This isn’t the time to hold back a vote. President Obama and the Democrats need to be defeated. There’ll be time to organize and savage some level of actual Conservatism on our side whether it be with the GOP or a third party after the election.

Consider this advice. Vote with them this one last time. Then join The Conservative Party. Actively working against him at this point will only make things worse. I wouldn’t say you’re stupid for working against him, because it’s not hard to understand that feeling of betrayal from the GOP. But President Obama winning a second term would be an absolute nightmare.

Just consider what you push here and what the consequences might be.

hawkdriver on May 13, 2012 at 6:31 PM

Well, if he is re-elected, as I think he will be, what does that say about the GOP?

ddrintn on May 13, 2012 at 5:01 PM

That they once again put up a POS candidate?

Midas on May 13, 2012 at 6:31 PM

Does that mean he loves teabaggers or not. I’m confused.

vityas on May 13, 2012 at 6:15 PM

presumably if the bagging occurs within the bonds of holy state sponsored matrimony.

t8stlikchkn on May 13, 2012 at 6:32 PM

What happened to the gravity of the presidency? Is there no respect for the office of president anymore?
thatsafactjack on May 13, 2012 at 5:48 PM

“It’s gone” and “no.”

trapeze on May 13, 2012 at 6:35 PM

libfreeordie on May 9, 2012 at 5:43 PM

That’s odd most black owned barber shops are closed on Sunday.

Kjeil on May 13, 2012 at 6:35 PM

Obama has been officially outed!
Next we will find out Michelle had a botched sex change from a man to a woman…
;-)

albill on May 13, 2012 at 6:35 PM

So these nuts have a halo above his head now. Will they have him on a cross come November?

VorDaj on May 13, 2012 at 6:38 PM

Why did they make him more light-skinned and change the color of his lips?

SouthernGent on May 13, 2012 at 6:38 PM

That’s odd most black owned barber shops are closed on Sunday.

Kjeil on May 13, 2012 at 6:35 PM

Look at the date.

BallisticBob on May 13, 2012 at 6:38 PM

thatsafactjack on May 13, 2012 at 5:48 PM

I take it you haven’t seen this yet…

… have you?

Seven Percent Solution on May 13, 2012 at 6:39 PM

Next we will find out Michelle had a botched sex change from a man to a woman…
;-)

albill on May 13, 2012 at 6:35 PM

Clearly she should get at least 90% of her money back.

VorDaj on May 13, 2012 at 6:39 PM

Look at the date.

Ahhh thanks missed that..

Kjeil on May 13, 2012 at 6:40 PM

@war planner

Black communities are tough on gays everywhere, same is true for hispanic and arab communities, but that ‘machismo’ is okay because it is part of their culture and we must respe t diversity.

swamp_yankee on May 13, 2012 at 6:41 PM

I remember long long time ago, when Hussein was in Asia for his official duties,
he went about calling us lazy, while hanging out with a dude who had been busted by cops for solicitig male prostitues.
Hmmmmmm….

burrata on May 13, 2012 at 6:41 PM

I don’t know that it will be the most ridiculed.

Consider other Newsweak covers: “Is your baby racist” and my favorite “We are all socialists now”.

cat_owner on May 13, 2012 at 6:44 PM

This is where the Lib trashing of the Public school system is going to come back and bite them. You can’t indoctrinate people who aren’t listening.

Kjeil on May 13, 2012 at 6:45 PM

“‘Let the games gaymes begin,” Tina Brown said…

What a crock…(there’s an “r” in there :P)…The “first black president” was a white guy, and the “first gay president” is a straight guy. This whole Obama/gay thing is as blatant as any political move can be.

JetBoy on May 13, 2012 at 6:46 PM

HAHAHA! Better than dog eating. Embrace the gay, Soetoro!

BHO Jonestown on May 13, 2012 at 6:52 PM

I say that’s radical, to be the first gay president. What’s as radical is appointing crazy radicals throughout his administration. Take 2 quotes from just of 1 of them:

“It has been concluded that .. laws requiring compulsory abortion could be sustained under the existing Constitution..” — John Holdren, O’s Science Czar

“A massive campaign must be launched to de-develop the United States… [we] must design a stable, low-consumption economy in which there is a much more equitable distribution of wealth.” -ibid

anotherJoe on May 13, 2012 at 6:52 PM

So could somebody explain this cover to me?
Why the rainbow halo over Obama’s head? Is Obama the Lord of the Gays or the Gay Lord or the Gay Jesus or something?

Other than making fun of Clinton being called the first “Black President”…which we all knew wasn’t true…but kind of humorous, calling Obama the “First Gay President” does not have that air of impossibility like Clinton being Black, because most people think that Obama could possibly be gay.

Can you imagine at the Obama dinner table, the 2 daughters asking Obama, “Daddy are you really Gay? Daddy are you really our father? Mommy was Daddy gay when you married him or later?”

albill on May 13, 2012 at 6:53 PM

Okay, since my last 2 comments have been eaten by the filter, let me just say, “You bettah work, girl!” *snap, snap, snap*.

SouthernGent on May 13, 2012 at 6:54 PM

Does the meaty, virile Andrew Sullivan speculate on the parenthood of Trig in his celebration of Obama’s gay marriage loving? These people take themselves seriously enough for the rest of us. They can all rot in the well-deserved obscurity that awaits them.

EMD on May 13, 2012 at 6:54 PM

THIS should go over swimmingly in the Black communities of America.

NOT.

Key West Reader on May 13, 2012 at 6:54 PM

So Hillbuzz was right?

Wolftech on May 13, 2012 at 5:42 PM

Wow. Hadn’t seen this before.

Hillbuzz is exactly right. If we listen to Cain accusers, we must listen to Larry Sinclair.

petefrt on May 13, 2012 at 6:57 PM

Of course, his favorite phrase is going to have to be modified a bit:

‘Now, let me be queer…’

James on May 13, 2012 at 6:57 PM

Just consider what you push here and what the consequences might be.

hawkdriver on May 13, 2012 at 6:31 PM

Well said, Hawk, well said!

TXUS on May 13, 2012 at 6:57 PM

petefrt on May 13, 2012 at 6:57 PM

No moral judgement here is needed. Just a judgement about national security.

petefrt on May 13, 2012 at 6:59 PM

So… in my own opinion…if you’re ‘LOUD AND PROUD’…if you’re an ‘in-your-face militant gay activist’… if you’re one of those people who just loves to brag about your latest conquest, gay or straight…if you’re a publication looking to boost your rapidly diminishing circulation…. or even if you’re the President of the United States and you’re looking to gain a few votes and stir up your lethargic voter base…you’re obnoxious.

thatsafactjack on May 13, 2012 at 5:48 PM

Yep!
And the truth is, I think it was basically always like this in America. Yeah, people had standards and society looked down on homosexuality. Absolutely. But in day to day life, people pretty much minded their own business. Back then, people actually had real privacy. Funny, we had more privacy in our personal life before the Supreme Court discovered a right to privacy to support abortion in he constitution.
Today, abortion seems to be the only privacy right we have. We have no privacy anywhere else. TSA can put their hands in our pants, the government can read our emails, watch us with drones, monitor our facebook, and just about everything else. But abortion? Sure. That’s your right to privacy.

JellyToast on May 13, 2012 at 7:01 PM

I take it you haven’t seen this yet…

… have you?

Seven Percent Solution on May 13, 2012 at 6:39 PM

Seven Percent Solution:Talk about Surreal,and he claims,
worse recession in our “LifeTimes”!

I guest Obama,has had,’multiple’,er,
many `lifetimes’!:)

canopfor on May 13, 2012 at 7:03 PM

Facts in evidence cast doubt on that assumption.

Count to 10 on May 13, 2012 at 7:03 PM

Is it just me? I know Obama’s ears stick out, but they don’t even look human in that photo.

keats5 on May 13, 2012 at 7:06 PM

Damn that means I have to have a come out party…

Apparently if you think same sex unions should be decided by the state; it means you are gay.

Do homosexuals really fall for this condescending BS?

melle1228 on May 13, 2012 at 7:08 PM

VorDaj on May 13, 2012 at 6:38 PM

Not new.. they’ve been doing this since 08..

Search
About 4,580,000 results (0.28 seconds)

The left media has worked feverishly to deify Obama as a demigod since they firs found him.

That offends me much more than anything else in that Newsweek article and cover. The messiah complex the left has with all their chosen leaders.

mark81150 on May 13, 2012 at 7:10 PM

Thank goodness this is the only instance where the president actually believed, and was already known by everyone on both sides to believe, something that was contrary to his politically-motivated public stance on an issue.

Knott Buyinit on May 13, 2012 at 7:12 PM

Do homosexuals really fall for this condescending BS?

melle1228 on May 13, 2012 at 7:08 PM

..the Hill Buzz Boyz don’t.

The War Planner on May 13, 2012 at 7:13 PM

thatsafactjack on May 13, 2012 at 5:48 PM

Well said, and that’s a fact, Jack.

onlineanalyst on May 13, 2012 at 7:13 PM

Man’s Country

Ugh.

Key West Reader on May 13, 2012 at 7:19 PM

Did the wittle gay president get all wee weed up after the NC vote?

WhatNot on May 13, 2012 at 7:19 PM

Damn that means I have to have a come out party…

Do homosexuals really fall for this condescending BS?

melle1228 on May 13, 2012 at 7:08 PM

Better still, does Obama’s new found love of the 10th Amendment mean he’s going to support the repeal of Obamacare?.. or any of his crews outrageous over reach grabs of power?

Suddenly… He believes in the rights of states to sovereignty? And the MSM isn’t laughing itself stupid over this transparent ploy to pander? Also… the media goes after Romney tooth and claw for changing any position.. yet they again let Obama not only slide..

but they deify and crown him the new gay messiah too.

The liberals are either lying to themselves on an epic scale.. or the most profoundly unaware people on the planet.

mark81150 on May 13, 2012 at 7:20 PM

Paint them all as gay. If your a democrat, you must be gay. Or paint all the gays as democrat. Nah, there are the log cabin republicans, so the opposite doesn’t work, but we can certainly paint the dems as gay, just look at their leader.

We know this isn’t true, but the thought of being associated with the party of the gays, should stop a bunch of people from that association.

bbordwell on May 13, 2012 at 7:20 PM

hawkdriver on May 13, 2012 at 6:31 PM

I don’t think so, IF there is an effective gridlock counterweight in the form of a GOP-controlled House and Senate…IF those in the Congress DO form a counterweight. Actually, although I’m not voting for Obama, I do think that would be the most desirable outcome at this point. Otherwise you’re sounding like a battered wife: “Just one more chance…” Look, this election cycle is a Hobson’s choice. If Romney wins, you can say goodbye to any meaningful reform for at least a generation. The base will be discredited and shat upon more than ever and the establishment will reign supreme. If Romney loses but we have the odd spectacle of the GOP picking up strength in Congress, Obama’s deadlocked and there’s at least hope for 2016.

ddrintn on May 13, 2012 at 7:22 PM

albill on May 13, 2012 at 6:53 PM

Here’s the thing, the halo’s not as huge a deal as the headline. Everyone knows it. Called a “metrosexual,” his dainty dancing, his often effeminate gait, his oddly too close contact in the photographic record with many male politicians. Some suggest he’s bisexual. But that just means he’s gay.

The Newsweek cover is telling no fib: The First Gay President. It’s been that way for over 3 years, though.

anotherJoe on May 13, 2012 at 7:25 PM

A sucker punch is coming up. All “teh ghey” remarks are going to be paraded out non-stop as proof of GOP homophobia. You’re being played again. ddrintn on May 13, 2012 at 5:13 PM

Then why is it that when you libs need something to call some conservative with whom you don’t agree some invariably go to teh gay slur. You hurl it like it is supposed to be an epithet. While he is in ZERO danger of losing their vote, why don’t you ask most blacks what their view on homosexuality is. You just can’t quite get your head around the fact that DOMA referendums are UNDEFEATED. Yours is the extremist position. Ours is the mainstream. And are you really using California as an argument regarding their Governor? Way to go, champs…you guys flipped the historically conservative enclave of California to a moonbat gov. Didn’t Gary Coleman get a lot of votes? What’s that prove?

Huckabye-Romney on May 13, 2012 at 7:29 PM

ddrintn on May 13, 2012 at 7:22 PM

Nice try. SUPREME COURT. You remember that?

WryTrvllr on May 13, 2012 at 7:32 PM

eforhan on May 13, 2012 at 6:17 PM

Slow Joe is under the bus already. His office issued a statement to apologize for triggering the early launch of the planned stunt. Darn that meddling Joe Biden!

This whole thing was concocted, even the WaPo hit piece, by Obama, Axelrod, Jarrett, Biden, and lamestream liberal media butt-sniffers. They’re all in cohoots. But Joe will take the fall this week. Seems to be a job requirement. Under the wheels you go, Joe.

Philly on May 13, 2012 at 7:35 PM

ddrintn on May 13, 2012 at 7:22 PM

Do what you think you need to. But what you’re projecting is just your opinion. If Conservatives can’t organize with Mitt Romney as President, they wouldn’t be able to organize any better with Obama.

Cheers.

hawkdriver on May 13, 2012 at 7:36 PM

ddrintn on May 13, 2012 at 7:22 PM

Nice try. SUPREME COURT. You remember that?

WryTrvllr on May 13, 2012 at 7:32 PM

Congress confirms. Remember that? I’m not falling for that particular blackmail. If the only plus for Romney is the possibility otherwise of a Justice Eric Holder, then Romney’s campaign is going to be a losing farce anyway.

ddrintn on May 13, 2012 at 7:37 PM

If I had a poop, it would look like Barry.

Rusty Allen on May 13, 2012 at 7:37 PM

ddrintn on May 13, 2012 at 7:22 PM

Unless you believe with ample evidence.. the damage he’ll do to this country is too horrible to endure just to teach the “establishment” a lesson they’ll simply ignore as they blame us anyway for the Obama debacle.

You ask too much.. ask a price that most of us find impossible to pay.

I simply do not believe Obama and his minions plan to allow us a second chance in 16.. they have p*ssed all over the 1st Amendment.. the 4th and 10th.. why should we believe he won’t simply ignore the 22nd and just run again.. defying the courts and Congress to act.. with his yahoo amen MSM accomplices playing along..

The price you ask.. carries the danger that Obam’s love of Chavez is more than mere friendliness.. but more like kinship.

The risk is too great..

The price of even 4 years.. my children will be 15 and 17 in 2016.. I will not take the chance they’ll face poverty or another war.. because of the dolt in chief.. no..

not a chance..

I’ll work to change the party.. I will not see it destroyed in the hope of a new resurgence. not when we have yet to exhaust all our options to reform the party.

Hawkdriver’s position I respect.. and if in 2013 things show no signs of improvement I may join him in the conservative party..

but I will not see another Obama term as a benefit to anyone.. least of all my kids.

mark81150 on May 13, 2012 at 7:38 PM

Cheers.

hawkdriver on May 13, 2012 at 7:36 PM

So let’s say that Romney wins. What are you and your Conservaitve Party going to do in 2016 when the same old song and dance starts up? “You’ve GOT to re-elect Romney!!! You’ll be helping the Communists if you don’t, for cripes sakes!!!!!! Don’t be a commie!!!!!! Remember SCOTUS!!!!!!!”

ddrintn on May 13, 2012 at 7:39 PM

And the idiots at NewSpeak wonder why no one takes them seriously!

GarandFan on May 13, 2012 at 7:40 PM

mark81150 on May 13, 2012 at 7:38 PM

Your whole comments. Well said.

hawkdriver on May 13, 2012 at 7:41 PM

I’ll work to change the party..

mark81150 on May 13, 2012 at 7:38 PM

How? When? In 2024? 2028?

ddrintn on May 13, 2012 at 7:43 PM

mark81150 on May 13, 2012 at 7:38 PM

Well said!

gophergirl on May 13, 2012 at 7:46 PM

ddrintn on May 13, 2012 at 7:39 PM

You get to a point where your comments sound more beneficial to the Democrat Party. Is that what you were going for?

And we wouldn’t need to wait for 2016. 2014 we’ll know how Coservative Mitt Romney is. The House will be more GOP incumbents then.

hawkdriver on May 13, 2012 at 7:46 PM

I’m sure his posse, Islam is thrilled about this new identity.

Hening on May 13, 2012 at 7:48 PM

mark81150 on May 13, 2012 at 7:38 PM

LOL…If this site is still around in 2016, you’ll both be right here saying pretty much the same thing you’re saying right now, with the names changed a little. “We just CAN’T take the risk of Hillary/Andrew Cuomo/Whoever taking over the country. We just can’t. We’ going to have to work from within the party to reform it. That’s all…we have to suck it up and vote for Mitt again…I know it’s disappointing, but our country’s fate hangs in the balance here…we can’t fool around…”

ddrintn on May 13, 2012 at 7:49 PM

How? When? In 2024? 2028?

ddrintn on May 13, 2012 at 7:43 PM

Being a whiny bitch on an anonymous chat board doesn’t exactly make you a revolutionary either.

Chuck Schick on May 13, 2012 at 7:49 PM

2012: Soetoro goes down & swallows defeat.

BHO Jonestown on May 13, 2012 at 7:51 PM

Deflection. You didn’t answer the question.

hawkdriver on May 13, 2012 at 7:46 PM

Really? What do you have planned? An anti-Mitt insurgency within the GOP? LOL

ddrintn on May 13, 2012 at 7:51 PM

The sadist part of this is that Team Obama will focus group this before they comment publicly.

meci on May 13, 2012 at 7:51 PM

A majority of voters chose Romney. That is your “establishment” – voters.

Whiney little teeth gnashers comfort themselves by embracing conspiricy theories and victimhood like a liberal. Boo hoo.

swamp_yankee on May 13, 2012 at 7:52 PM

A majority of voters chose Romney. That is your “establishment” – voters.

swamp_yankee on May 13, 2012 at 7:52 PM

A majority was consistently ABR. Now he can’t seem to shake Ron Friggin’ Paul.

ddrintn on May 13, 2012 at 7:54 PM

Not sure who is more delusional–Obama or the media.
They actually think this helps him?
Why not go full out gay–put Barry on the cover shirtless with a dog collar and leather chaps.

There is not one ounce of dignity in the WH with this president.
What a joke he is.

bailey24 on May 13, 2012 at 7:54 PM

ddrintn on May 13, 2012 at 7:49 PM

I’m not going argue all night with you. Do what you think you need to. But you aren’t more Conservative than me and you can’t be more disappointed in the GOP than. I’ve giving it this one election.

Good night.

hawkdriver on May 13, 2012 at 7:55 PM

Do homosexuals really fall for this condescending BS?

melle1228 on May 13, 2012 at 7:08 PM

..the Hill Buzz Boyz don’t.

The War Planner on May 13, 2012 at 7:13 PM

I can 100% corroborate everything Larry Sinclair is saying about straight men, er, “seeing” gay guys is true. What he describes was not Bacracka’s first time at the gay rodeo.

SouthernGent on May 13, 2012 at 7:55 PM

I’m shocked.
I thought that Newsweek went out of business after they were sold for a dollar.

justltl on May 13, 2012 at 7:56 PM

Good night.

hawkdriver on May 13, 2012 at 7:55 PM

“Well I don’t make enough money myself right now to stand on my own feet…and I know deep down he’s a pretty good duy and I can change him, I just know it…” LOL

ddrintn on May 13, 2012 at 7:58 PM

I have to step away from the keyboard for awhile.. time to help prod the kids to get ready for school tomorrow…

I’m older than many if not most parents of kids at the ages mine are at. Started my family at 37.. first marriage for both of us.. happy with 16 years together..

I allow my children’s future to color everything I do.. Maybe that’s overly protective.. but I have no family other than two living brothers.. and the one my wife and I made.

Too high a risk.. your choice to make.. but it’s a really small minority view ddrintn..

I hope to see Obama gone..

Then we hold Mitt’s feet to the fire as best we can..

mark81150 on May 13, 2012 at 7:58 PM

* guy

ddrintn on May 13, 2012 at 7:59 PM

Someone told me that this thread is where I’d find all the gay/ghey homophones.

My collie says:

*sniff* *sniff* What does a homophone smell like, CC?

The same, collie. They all smell the same.

CyberCipher on May 13, 2012 at 7:59 PM

ddrintn on May 13, 2012 at 7:58 PM

Not even sure what that means. If you need some money, we can take up a collection.

hawkdriver on May 13, 2012 at 8:01 PM

Ooooooh, I don’t think so…might be a minority, but it’s not small.

I hope to see Obama gone..

Then we hold Mitt’s feet to the fire as best we can..

mark81150 on May 13, 2012 at 7:58 PM

LOL. How are you going to hold his feet to the fire? By threatening not to vote for him next time, and this time you really do mean it, dammit? ROFL

ddrintn on May 13, 2012 at 8:01 PM

JellyToast on May 13, 2012 at 7:01 PM

Megadittos

petefrt on May 13, 2012 at 8:01 PM

ABR myth was exposed each time a candidate was knocked out. Bachmann, Perry, Cain voters would coalesce. Never did. The Gingrich. Then Santo. Romney got more than all of them combined.

Get out of your bubble and deal. Romney won fair and square. Man up already.

swamp_yankee on May 13, 2012 at 8:01 PM

ddrintn on May 13, 2012 at 7:58 PM

hawkdriver on May 13, 2012 at 8:01 PM

It’s the rationalizations of the battered wife. Yours sound just like them.

ddrintn on May 13, 2012 at 8:02 PM

Clinton the first Black President, of course he wasn’t black.
Obama the first gay President, not gay (nor the first).
Elizabeth Warren, the Native American Law Professor at Harvard, not Native American.
Pelosi the devout pro-choice Catholic, etc etc.

The lying has become so mundane, routine, and boring. The whole Liberal enterprise went through the Looking Glass, dragging the press and the schools along, and slammed the doors of perception behind them. It’s mass delusion, ignis sacer, triggered by the Brown Acid at Woodstock, and the bad trip never wore off. Unbelievable.

Kenosha Kid on May 13, 2012 at 8:02 PM

Is he homosexual or bisexual? The latter is deceitful.

gracie on May 13, 2012 at 8:03 PM

swamp_yankee on May 13, 2012 at 8:01 PM

As a former Perry supporter I agree with you.

Romney won period.

gophergirl on May 13, 2012 at 8:04 PM

ABR myth was exposed each time a candidate was knocked out.

swamp_yankee on May 13, 2012 at 8:01 PM

One would drop out, and another would take his/her place. Romney won by attrition, not acclamation.

ddrintn on May 13, 2012 at 8:04 PM

ddrintn on May 13, 2012 at 8:01 PM

“LOL”, “ROFL”? Are you 7 years old?

So how are you going to old Obama’s feet to the fire after doing everything you can to make sure he’s re-elected?

Chuck Schick on May 13, 2012 at 8:04 PM

what does mittens think?

Pragmatic on May 13, 2012 at 8:04 PM

Clinton: the first black president
obama: the first gay president
mittens: the first bully president?

Pragmatic on May 13, 2012 at 8:06 PM

“LOL”, “ROFL”? Are you 7 years old?

No, pops. Are you new to this internets thingy, gramps?

Chuck Schick on May 13, 2012 at 8:04 PM

By electing conservatives to Congress.

ddrintn on May 13, 2012 at 8:06 PM

“LOL”, “ROFL”? Are you 7 years old?

Chuck Schick on May 13, 2012 at 8:04 PM

Well this poster sounds like my nephew when he doesn’t get his way and he’s 8.

Yeah Obama unchecked for four years. I’m sure he’ll be “real” easy to control. EO’s for everybody. I swear the radical ABR’s are just as bad as the radical Obama supporters.

gophergirl on May 13, 2012 at 8:07 PM

ddrintn on May 13, 2012 at 7:39 PM

hawkdriver on May 13, 2012 at 7:46 PM

Yes. The as8hole will feel vindicated with an Obama win and then blame everyone else for the fallout.

CW on May 13, 2012 at 8:08 PM

^ And THEN maybe get a conservative elected president in 2016. It doesn’t matter who, just preferably someone without that establishment status quo forever stink about them.

ddrintn on May 13, 2012 at 8:08 PM