Obama only up 4 in SurveyUSA poll in … Oregon?

posted at 2:41 pm on May 11, 2012 by Ed Morrissey

With all of his other competition out of the way, no one should be surprised how Mitt Romney stacks up against other Republicans in the Oregon primary, set for next Tuesday.  A new SurveyUSA poll shows Romney with 58% of the vote, with Ron Paul in a distant second at 14%, which means that the May 15th primary will be as drama-free as possible.  However, the poll also shows Romney within the margin of error against Barack Obama in the Democratic stronghold — and gaining:

In a November match-up between Barack Obama and Mitt Romney for President of the United States, Obama today edges Romney, 47% to 43%. Compared to an identical SurveyUSA poll released 2 months ago, when the Republican primary was still competitive, Obama is down 3 points; Romney is up 4. Among women, Obama leads by 13; among men, Romney leads by 6 — a 19-point gender gap. Independents break 4:3 for Obama. In 2008, Obama defeated John McCain by 16 points in Oregon.

The sample in this poll uses registered voters, a survey type that normally tilts a little more toward Democrats.  The split might tilt more toward Republicans, though, with a D/R/I of 38/35/27.  The D/R/I in 2008 was 36/27/37, and given that independents break more for Obama in this poll (44/33), the difference could be having a substantial impact on the results.

The other internals are intriguing. Anyone from Oregon will be unsurprised to discover that Obama’s strength comes from the Portland area, which he leads by 12 over Romney, but only at a bare majority of 50/38.  In the rest of the state, Romney leads by 13 points, 53/40.  Obama also leads among 18-34YOs, but not by as much as one would imagine, 49/38, short of a majority.  Obama only scores majorities among self-described liberals and very liberals, while carrying Oregon moderates only by a plurality of 47/37.

Obama may have a solid lead, but it’s an unimpressive one in what should be a no-worry, loyal Democratic state.  By failing to get to 50%, Obama gives an impression of vulnerability in Oregon, a state that last went Republican when Ronald Reagan ran for re-election.  Romney might have Obama playing defense outside of the normally-accepted set of swing states in November.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Drip…. drip… drip….

AverageJoe on May 11, 2012 at 2:44 PM

This just may be a Mondalesque shellacking..

Akzed on May 11, 2012 at 2:44 PM

racists…

NORUK on May 11, 2012 at 2:44 PM

I’m sorry for doubting you, Dick Morris.

GOPRanknFile on May 11, 2012 at 2:45 PM

That kid’s hands appear to be forming a triangle.

Coincidence?

CurtZHP on May 11, 2012 at 2:46 PM

Only up 4 points in an Oregon poll that’s dem oversampled?

Endgame?

NapaConservative on May 11, 2012 at 2:46 PM

Yawn! another poll.

gerrym51 on May 11, 2012 at 2:46 PM

I don’t remember that part in the Constitution where it says the guy who’s only behind by four points gets to go sit in the Oval Office. Maybe they do things differently over there in Cascadia.

Dirt McGirt on May 11, 2012 at 2:46 PM

Obama won that state by 16 points in 2008. If he loses 12 points off of that(or somewhere within that vicinity), he’ll get crushed in a landslide. That means states like Colorado, New Mexico, and Nevada are almost certainly goners.

Doughboy on May 11, 2012 at 2:47 PM

This just may be a Mondalesque shellacking..

Akzed on May 11, 2012 at 2:44 PM

____________________________________

Maybe not Mondale, but Carteresque suits me just fine.

ICanSeeNovFromMyHouse on May 11, 2012 at 2:47 PM

Lets just hope that bho/team spends millions upon millions in states where bho is not doing well. Can one hope that bho will get the boot come Nov.?

It’s Friday, wonder what the dump will be today?
L

letget on May 11, 2012 at 2:48 PM

The Associated Press is doing it’s part for Bacracka by headlining this story:

Why Stories Like Romney’s Bullying Matter

SouthernGent on May 11, 2012 at 2:48 PM

I’m sorry for doubting you, Dick Morris.

GOPRanknFile on May 11, 2012 at 2:45 PM

LOL!!!!! Threadwinner for comedy gold!

HomeoftheBrave on May 11, 2012 at 2:48 PM

I have one better.

Rasmussen today on Wis.

A new Rasmussen Reports telephone survey of Likely Voters in the Badger State finds Obama with 49% of the vote to Romney’s 45%. Four percent (4%) prefer some other candidate, while two percent (2%) are undecided

Obama is below 50%

Conservative4ev on May 11, 2012 at 2:48 PM

It might not be a fair sample, but susa’s sample in NC had many more Democrats than usual.

IR-MN on May 11, 2012 at 2:49 PM

This one I don’t believe.

aunursa on May 11, 2012 at 2:49 PM

“What’s causing the increasing racism among America’s youth?” #NPRHeadline

Lost in Jersey on May 11, 2012 at 2:49 PM

He’s worthless on the economy, but he’s great at turning “blue” states “red”.

Keep up the good work li’l barry!

Tim_CA on May 11, 2012 at 2:50 PM

just wait until the ABR folks hop on board the Romney bandwagon

gatorboy on May 11, 2012 at 2:50 PM

I wonder how long it takes till floatingrock starts the ‘Romney-stole-Ron-Paul-votes’ rant on this thread…3,2…

jimver on May 11, 2012 at 2:52 PM

Yawn! another poll.

gerrym51 on May 11, 2012 at 2:46 PM

….wake up gerryit’s Oregon!

KOOLAID2 on May 11, 2012 at 2:53 PM

Wow, if OR goes red…or even comes close:

Count VA/FL/PA/OH going red as well.

22044 on May 11, 2012 at 2:54 PM

With just 6 months to go, we can look forward to about 1,457,836 more poll threads.

Bitter Clinger on May 11, 2012 at 2:54 PM

jimver on May 11, 2012 at 2:52 PM

Heh if Ron Paul can win the primary in his own state on May 29th, I’ll start taking him seriously (okay maybe not).

GOPRanknFile on May 11, 2012 at 2:56 PM

I just think that Obama’s strategy of scorched earth is paying its dividends – but in reverse.

Independents hate it. This bullying thing was a joke and I think the electorate is kind of saying – C’mon!!

O doesn’t have the money to carpet bomb they way he needs to in order to be effective. He is going to have to back off and then what does he do? He has no record to run on. None. I still think this race will end up close just because CA, NY, IL and Mass are in his columns and that is a lot of votes. but I could see a reversal of the 2008 results in the GOP favor.

Zomcon JEM on May 11, 2012 at 2:56 PM

Ummmm…ahhhhh…ummmm…Nope. I got nothin’.

timberline on May 11, 2012 at 2:56 PM

Only up 4 points in an Oregon poll that’s dem oversampled?

Endgame?

NapaConservative on May 11, 2012 at 2:46 PM

Considering it’s an Oregon poll, it appears to oversample Republicans. I doubt that Dems only have a 2 point demographic advantage there.

Hollowpoint on May 11, 2012 at 2:57 PM

I looked it up and actually it’s not that surprising. Kerry only won there in 04 by 51-47 and Gore only beat Bush by .44% there in 2000. So it could happen or come damn close to it.

gsherin on May 11, 2012 at 2:57 PM

just wait until the ABR folks hop on board the Romney bandwagon

gatorboy

Ego isn’t easily broken.

chimney sweep on May 11, 2012 at 2:58 PM

He’s worthless on the economy, but he’s great at turning “blue” states “red”.

Keep up the good work li’l barry!

Tim_CA on May 11, 2012 at 2:50 PM

Hum a few notes….maybe we can get a slow news jam going.

timberline on May 11, 2012 at 2:58 PM

Romney will also win in PA,WI,MI and NJ!!!! (I think Minnesota is a bridge too far)

Natebo on May 11, 2012 at 3:00 PM

CNN on Election Night:

“Obama is OUT?! Obama IS OUT?!! OBAMA IS OUT?!!!”

wildcat72 on May 11, 2012 at 3:00 PM

Actually, the change in the split is more likely accounted for by more Republican-leaning indies now identifying as GOP, which would also leave the remaining pool of indies more Democratic-leaning.

Not that it matters at this point.

Adjoran on May 11, 2012 at 3:01 PM

just wait until the ABR folks hop on board the Romney bandwagon

Just as soon as Romney renounces RomneyCare.

casuist on May 11, 2012 at 3:03 PM

That kid’s hands appear to be forming a triangle.

Coincidence?

CurtZHP on May 11, 2012 at 2:46 PM

I noticed that as well. Do Oregonians worship the Illuminati or something? I noticed some lady doing that sign after the Oregon Ducks won the Rose Bowl. Which I thought was odd since you’d think they’d at least do a circle(for Oregon) with their hands, not a triangle. And it is certainly not a ‘D’.

Any people from Oregon know the significance of that triangle sign?

Sterling Holobyte on May 11, 2012 at 3:04 PM

Just wait until Barry runs on his “record”.

GarandFan on May 11, 2012 at 3:05 PM

Obama has nothing to worry about in Oregon. As much as I’d love to see Oregon and Washington go red it will never happen. They will “find” enough votes in Multnomah County.

pcoast on May 11, 2012 at 3:06 PM

Gosh is it 2008?

Man I heard that song over and over in 2008.

McCain still lost though.

Sorry we should at least tell ourselves the truth.

Mitt is losing this. He shouldn’t be but he is.

The Press just proved they will write three page articles of pure fiction to destroy Mitt. If anyone thinks we can win this I have to question their sanity.

We need a far better plan and message.

So far the message I am getting is that Romney thinks he can do a better job than Obama with no real plan for doing so. Sounds just like Hope and Change to me.

Steveangell on May 11, 2012 at 3:06 PM

That kid’s hands appear to be forming a triangle.
Coincidence?
CurtZHP on May 11, 2012 at 2:46 PM

That’s not an O or a Triangle, it’s a Vag!!!

Dread Pirate Roberts VI on May 11, 2012 at 3:07 PM

The Unions are trying to put a referendum on State Appointed Emergengy Managers on the Michigan Ballot for November.

With cities like Pontiac, Detroit, Allen Park and others going bankrupt and contemplaiting or actually having EMs, this referendum will get out the Union/Urban vote this November.

This will benefit Obama naturally, but with Gov. Rick Snyder actually fixiing much of the damage that Democrat Jenny Granholm did for eight years, there just may be enough support in the rest of the state to push it to Romney…

GadsdenRattlers on May 11, 2012 at 3:07 PM

While the propagandists of the DNC could spin the Bush prosperity years as terrible for other people they cannot do the same when 500,000 people quit looking for work in the last two months.

Mini-Tru is desperate with these 50 year old stories of a teenaged Mitt and nothing about 0bama smoking pot, drinking excessively and snorting cocaine. Much less looking for those super genius college grades on his transcripts.

jukin3 on May 11, 2012 at 3:08 PM

I was telling people he would lose by a wide margin right after he won in ’08. This is why I was so disappointed Palin didn’t run. She would have unified the anti-Mitt vote and made it dam close or even overtaken him.

Just about anyone could beat The One this time around. We could have had something more to our liking. Don’t get me wrong, I will vote for Mitt, but it will be more of a anti-O vote. And yes I know it’s pointless to play the ‘if only’ game, but I can’t help but wondering…

If not now, when? Say what you will about The One, at least the Prog’s got to vote FOR someone they wanted last time. When do we get to vote for someone that sends a tingle up our leg? Just once before I die I want to vote for someone as opposed to voting against the other jerk.

Boogeyman on May 11, 2012 at 3:08 PM

GOPRanknFile on May 11, 2012 at 2:56 PM

Last poll I saw in Texas, had Paul dead last, in single digits, with Romney over 40%.

And these are the folks who know Ron Paul best – tells you something, no?

Rebar on May 11, 2012 at 3:09 PM

I’m watching the dope on tv in Nevada,I think there is like 9 people there

Conservative4ev on May 11, 2012 at 3:10 PM

by september obama will be playing defense in cali. wisc and PA will be gone. VA and NC a punchline.

t8stlikchkn on May 11, 2012 at 3:11 PM

My prayer for the past few weeks and until election day is that Obama’s own words will trap him. It’s beginning to happen.

AubieJon on May 11, 2012 at 3:12 PM

What’s up with that spooky triangle salute they’re giving him? Gives me the creeps, it does.

smellthecoffee on May 11, 2012 at 3:14 PM

Boogeyman on May 11, 2012 at 3:08 PM

Then join me and make it clear.

We will not vote for Mitt, McCain, Ford, Dole or any other poser like them.

Steveangell on May 11, 2012 at 3:14 PM

t8stlikchkn on May 11, 2012 at 3:11 PM

Based on what? WI is plus 10% Obama right now, and PA is still leaning blue. VA and NC should be solid red, but are both basically dead-even at the moment.

Buckshot Bill on May 11, 2012 at 3:14 PM

That kid’s hands appear to be forming a triangle.

CurtZHP on May 11, 2012 at 2:46 PM

“Are you One, Herbert?”
Spock replies that he is not Herbert, and Adam declares:
“He’s not Herbert. We reach!”

Coincidence?

CurtZHP on May 11, 2012 at 2:46 PM

… unlikely.

Arbalest on May 11, 2012 at 3:15 PM

The last previous state poll by SurveyUSA was of North Carolina and also showed Obama over Romney 47/43.

theperfecteconomist on May 11, 2012 at 3:15 PM

This is admittedly a fun story, but IMHO not really significant. Please note the following:

1. McCain at his high water mark in ’08 was only behind Obama by 5 points in one poll — in NY.

2. If “only” 50% of the Portland vote is in support of Obama, be assured that the others want someone farther to the LEFT. Remember that Portland was home to the wonderfully tolerant “She’s not a woman, she’s a Republican” anti-Palin sticker in ’08.

3. My amateur’s reading of the poll is that R’s are way oversampled.

On the other hand, it is fun. :)

jwolf on May 11, 2012 at 3:16 PM

Romney will never win in Oregon. But polls like this show Obama will is in big trouble in purple states like Colorado, New Mexico, Nevada, and Virgina. And he will have no chance in red-leaning states like Florida, Indiana, Ohio, and North Carolina.

He’s all done.

kevinkristy on May 11, 2012 at 3:16 PM

Then join me and make it clear.

We will not vote for Mitt, McCain, Ford, Dole or any other poser like them.

Steveangell on May 11, 2012 at 3:14 PM

The republicans and conservatives I know all do not like Romney, and I still haven’t actually met anyone in real life who does. Most of my family have already said they aren’t going to bother to vote in November, at least not for president, and a few are starting to talk about this Johnson fellow.

Buckshot Bill on May 11, 2012 at 3:17 PM

I tell you, we need some RNC ads out here on the Left Coast. People are waking up.

PattyJ on May 11, 2012 at 3:17 PM

Mitt is losing this. He shouldn’t be but he is.
Steveangell on May 11, 2012 at 3:06 PM

Did you not see what happened this Tuesday?

Uncledave on May 11, 2012 at 3:18 PM

He’s all done.

kevinkristy on May 11, 2012 at 3:16 PM

All this shows me is pollsters love playing games with us and giving us false hope.

They do this every four years. Gay Marriage wins in polls but never in an election. Polls have become worthless unless a couple of weeks prior to an actual election. They know they can fake it the rest of the time and they do.

Steveangell on May 11, 2012 at 3:19 PM

I have one better.

Rasmussen today on Wis.

Obama is below 50%

Conservative4ev on May 11, 2012 at 2:48 PM

As I and several others have beens aying, Wisconsin is the key. If Romney wins there Obama is going to lose, end of story. It appears the Walker recall is generating some coattails like Republicans have been hoping for.

Doomberg on May 11, 2012 at 3:19 PM

Heh. Oregon would be nice, but I’m just eyeing 270 and what it takes to get there.

changer1701 on May 11, 2012 at 3:20 PM

In the 2010 midterms Oregon had one safe GOP seat, one safe Dem seat, and three competitive seats where the three Dem incumbents each ended up with less than 55% of the vote. Oregon isn’t more than a couple points off from being a toss-up.

theperfecteconomist on May 11, 2012 at 3:23 PM

Did you not see what happened this Tuesday?

Uncledave on May 11, 2012 at 3:18 PM

Indeed.

Gay Marriage lost big time because the people do not want Gay people to be able to adopt.

Mitts response.

Screw the people. Gays should have the right to adoption and every other right of Marriage. But for you stupid conservatives they should not be able to call it Marriage.

Sorry but the people voted against Mitt and Obama.

Steveangell on May 11, 2012 at 3:23 PM

Buckshot Bill and Steveangell.

You guys never got picked during PE for sports did you? Was it because everyone knew if you got the ball you’d hand it to the other team and claim you signed up for study hall.

AubieJon on May 11, 2012 at 3:24 PM

Any people from Oregon know the significance of that triangle sign?

Sterling Holobyte on May 11, 2012 at 3:04 PM

It’s actually a lazy attempt at an O. It should be more circular, but these people smoke a lot of weed. Go to a Ducks game and it’s a slightly higher percentage doing it correctly. And I use the term “higher” in more ways than one.

sobincorporated on May 11, 2012 at 3:24 PM

Ed

Chris Dudley lost the Governor’s race to incumbent Kitzhaber, 49–48.

Dudley was a Romney-type GOP’er, and a novice who’s main strength was name recognition.

Don’t be too surprised that Mitt can make Oregon a challenge enough for Barry to dump funds in the state.

But will Mitt win Oregon?

Not unless he talks a more Libertarian game.

budfox on May 11, 2012 at 3:25 PM

Obama is at his high water mark right now. In November he will have less, not more popularity.

And for the record, Oregon historically has been a marginally GOP state. Only the last generation has broken the pattern.

Scribbler on May 11, 2012 at 3:27 PM

Buckshot Bill and Steveangell.

AubieJon on May 11, 2012 at 3:24 PM

I can’t speak for Steveangell, but I threw Shotput in PE and went to state competitions. What is with these pathetic attempts at high school bullying with you Mittbots? Always calling other people children and such, it’s just weird.

Buckshot Bill on May 11, 2012 at 3:27 PM

And these are the folks who know Ron Paul best – tells you something, no?

Rebar on May 11, 2012 at 3:09 PM

Indeed. But the poll was rigged because Romney was stealing votes or something.

GOPRanknFile on May 11, 2012 at 3:28 PM

Gosh is it 2008?

Man I heard that song over and over in 2008.

McCain still lost though.

Sorry we should at least tell ourselves the truth.

Mitt is losing this. He shouldn’t be but he is.

We need a far better plan and message.

Steveangell on May 11, 2012 at 3:06 PM

Bless your heart.

Now, go outside and play with the other children.

Gunlock Bill on May 11, 2012 at 3:32 PM

Buckshot Bill on May 11, 2012 at 3:27 PM

You call that bullying?!? Outstanding! I’m just thankful there are only a handful of people like you guys who’d rather throw away a right to vote that has cost buckets of blood and human lives just because you can’t get a perfect candidate.

AubieJon on May 11, 2012 at 3:32 PM

So the cross tabs suggest this is a little too positive of a story in Oregon? OK – I am all for getting as many races close in blue states so that O can pour less money into purple ones.

The Rasmussen Wisconsin poll I can take with a little more glee. They are usually pretty good at measuring where things stand.

Zomcon JEM on May 11, 2012 at 3:32 PM

Natebo on May 11, 2012 at 3:00 PM

Give us Bobby “Indian Wonder” Jindal as VP and I pretty much guarantee that New Jersey flips red in 2012. We have 200,000 voters of Indian origin who are mostly indifferent to politics but will crawl through fire, broken glass and acid waste to vote for one of their own.

Archivarix on May 11, 2012 at 3:32 PM

40 states to lose for Obama, or the populace is too dumb to be saved.

Schadenfreude on May 11, 2012 at 3:35 PM

Buckshot Bill on May 11, 2012 at 3:27 PM

Ah, bless your heart, that is a nice story.

Now, go outside and play with the other children.

Gunlock Bill on May 11, 2012 at 3:37 PM

The Hopium & Changers are disenchanted.

portlandon on May 11, 2012 at 3:39 PM

AubieJon on May 11, 2012 at 3:32 PM

A right to vote is not an obligation to vote for someone who violates your most basic beliefs and who has a lifelong history of pandering to the public to further his own political career.

Buckshot Bill on May 11, 2012 at 3:41 PM

It is the economy estúpido.

CW on May 11, 2012 at 3:41 PM

Archivarix on May 11, 2012 at 3:32 PM

is that so? then Jindal it is, we have some 3 million people of Indian origins in California (Sikh included, largest community of Sikhs outside India)…btw, love them, I know a few on the work level, and have some as neighbors, most honest, hard working, with an impeccable work ethics people I know…would love to see the Won’s support here dwindling…but then, as far as I know, the Indians in Cali tend to vote conservative anyways…

jimver on May 11, 2012 at 3:43 PM

Steveangell on May 11, 2012 at 3:23 PM

Steve,Steve,Steve. We are starting to sound a bit repititious.

You need some new material. I think you should start quoting Joe Biden.

gerrym51 on May 11, 2012 at 3:44 PM

David Gregory: It’s 7:30 PM on the East Coast and NBC can now project, based on our data, that former Massachusetts governor Mitt Romney — yes, Willard Mitt Romney — will become the next President of the United States based on our projections.

Chris Matthews: Wow… just wow.

Rachel Maddow: Well… uh…

Chris Matthews: What does this say about us as a nation? Seriously? What does this say about us as a nation to the world?

Rachel Maddow: Uh… well.

David Gregory: I don’t want to interrupt you, Chris, but we are projecting that New York will fall into the Romney column along with Pennsylvania, Virginia, North Carolina, and possibly Maryland.

Chris Matthews: Wow. It’s one of those elections, huh?

Punchenko on May 11, 2012 at 3:45 PM

Is Jindal more than 1/32 Indian?

faraway on May 11, 2012 at 3:48 PM

Oregon has mail-in ballots. While that would normally worry me, I had to take my birth certificate and drivers license to the registration office in person before receiving any ballots that would be counted.

That said, I mailed in my ballot last week with Mitt Romney as my choice for the Republican nomination.

On the ground here, the Obama bumper stickers are getting rare. When I do see one, I point and laugh. They get it! Will Oregon go for Romney? I doubt it, but it will probably be closer than ’08.

Russ in OR on May 11, 2012 at 3:50 PM

Buckshot Bill on May 11, 2012 at 3:41 PM

It is an obligation to speak up and do what you can to prevent someone who is destroying our nation from getting 4 more years. You’re never going to get a perfect candidate to vote for. Either vote for the best candidate…or run yourself. Don’t just sit at home.

AubieJon on May 11, 2012 at 3:50 PM

Steve,Steve,Steve. We are starting to sound a bit repetitious.

gerrym51 on May 11, 2012 at 3:44 PM

That is ALL he’s got.

Gunlock Bill on May 11, 2012 at 3:51 PM

Only up 4 points in an Oregon poll that’s dem oversampled?

Endgame?

NapaConservative on May 11, 2012 at 2:46 PM

Hollowpoint on May 11, 2012 at 2:57 PM

Oh, I’m sorry. I should’ve made it clear that Endgame was referring to O’DumDum’s misguided celebration activities at the bath house tonight.

My bad.

NapaConservative on May 11, 2012 at 3:54 PM

Years ago I used to be subjected to wrestling on tv that my buddies wanted to watch. At the time, one of the wrestlers went by the name, Diamond Dallas Page, or something like that. I seem to recall his “signature” looking something similar to the “O” those sycophantic kids are making in the picture Ed posted.

Well… as much of professional wrestling is acting and entertainment – fake – that does describe “O” pretty well.

Logus on May 11, 2012 at 3:54 PM

Is Jindal more than 1/32 Indian?

faraway on May 11, 2012 at 3:48 PM

No… he’s 32/32 I think, so WAY WAY too much. Therefore he’s not Indian nor can he claim Indian heritage/ethnicity. No… he’s white.

Biden’ll be the Indian.

Logus on May 11, 2012 at 3:57 PM

Is Jindal more than 1/32 Indian?

faraway on May 11, 2012 at 3:48 PM

Biden’ll be the Indian.

Logus on May 11, 2012 at 3:57 PM

Liberals think he acts too white to be Indian. :/

GOPRanknFile on May 11, 2012 at 4:03 PM

Biden’ll be the Indian.

Logus on May 11, 2012 at 3:57 PM

Biden can pull off the Indian accent better.

GOPRanknFile on May 11, 2012 at 4:04 PM

Oregon is alot like Washington….it’s not that either state is conservative/liberal, it’s how the population centers lean.

The I-5 corridor in both states is the gathering ground for liberals. In Washington, only 5 of the 39 counties are true-blue…the rest of the state is deepest red.

Same thing in Oregon….Portland and the Willamette Valley, Indigo Blue. The rest of the state is Crimson Red.

Anti_anti on May 11, 2012 at 4:05 PM

Diamond Dallas Page, or something like that.

meh, Theo Spark just had a video of a guy that was a Desert Storm wounded veteran that had been told he would never walk again. He followed a DDP yoga video and lost something like 130 lbs in 10 months and by the end of the video it shows him running.

I had never heard of him and he gets two references in two days in my universe.

DanMan on May 11, 2012 at 4:05 PM

smellthecoffee on May 11, 2012 at 3:14 PM

Do you want to know what that sign is in American Sign Language?

When my son was small and learning sign language, there was a family who made up some “family” signs…not knowing what this sign meant in ASL, they used it for the word “pizza” until a well meaning deaf person told them what it meant in ASL.

I’ll let you all speculate what this sign represents as it refers to the President.

manateespirit on May 11, 2012 at 4:09 PM

Barack Ogina

faraway on May 11, 2012 at 4:13 PM

I had never heard of him and he gets two references in two days in my universe.

DanMan on May 11, 2012 at 4:05 PM

Second look at DDP?! ;)

What will you do if you come across a third reference by tomorrow! :)

Logus on May 11, 2012 at 4:17 PM

Steve,Steve,Steve. We are starting to sound a bit repetitious.

gerrym51 on May 11, 2012 at 3:44 PM

That is ALL he’s got.

Gunlock Bill on May 11, 2012 at 3:51 PM

So say two that actually do save and paste their post.

LOL

You just hate the message so shoot the messenger.

Sorry to burst you bubble but Mitt is losing not gaining votes. But most will not admit they will not vote for Mitt and pretend party unity.

Steveangell on May 11, 2012 at 4:21 PM

Thumbs up according to an Iranian I knew is a curse word for sex. Obama with the ASL hands together and Biden giving a crowd some thumbs up…

What a hoot. Would go over a lot of people’s heads.

Problem is, while it’s funny it’s completely inane… unless people are doing it with the specific intent in mind to deride. Too many things can be translated in different ways…

“You just flipped me off!”
“No, I was scratching my chin.”

Logus on May 11, 2012 at 4:22 PM

Yeah because that’s what all that polling means, he’s losing votes…only it’s a crafty, SEEEEECRET plan, and we all tell the pollsters one thing, but we all do the other…Steve this is called “wishcasting.”

JFKY on May 11, 2012 at 4:25 PM

jukin3 on May 11, 2012 at 3:08 PM

It’s going to be interesting to see how the MSM (a/k/a the Obama PR team) handle the credentials issue. In 2008, we heard over and over and over again how incredibly smart Obama was — he went to Harvard Law, you know! He was president of the Law Review! Obama’s vast intelligence was supposed to compensate for his lack of experience. Plus, Obama was running against John McCain, a guy who’d finished at the bottom of his class at Annapolis, and had no graduate degrees — unlike brilliant Obama, who went to Harvard Law, you know!

Now the Republican challenger is Mitt Romney, holder of both a law degree and an MBA from Harvard. And unlike Obama, who has admitted he needed Aff*rmative Act*on to get his Ivy credentials, Romney reportedly had a near-perfect GPA at Harvard. Obama is still hiding his grades from Harvard (and Columbia and Occidental too).

Can’t wait to see how the MSM will try to spin this.

AZCoyote on May 11, 2012 at 4:30 PM