posted at 8:09 pm on May 11, 2012 by Allahpundit

This Mother’s Day, thank mom for the gift of life by helping to ensure that other kids don’t receive it.

Honestly, the only surprise is that she didn’t go the whole nine yards and make this a pitch for Planned Parenthood instead.

“This Mother’s Day, I can’t think of a better way to honor all the mothers in the country — past and present — than with a contribution to EMILY’s List,” Gillibrand writes. “They’re the ones working tirelessly to elect the pro-choice Democratic women who are making sure that our freedoms are protected for generations to come.”

“So, this year, join me in commemorating Mother’s Day with a contribution to EMILY’s List to help elect the Democratic women who will continue to secure our rights,” the senator continues. “On Mother’s Day, let’s get women involved and make sure they know who is truly fighting for them – the pro-choice Democratic women EMILY’s List is working each day to elect to office. Make this Mother’s Day extra special. Honor mothers around the country with a contribution to EMILY’s List.”

The fundraising appeal features a photo of the New York senator with her children — even though Emily’s List requires all candidates it supports to back taxpayer funding of abortions on children who could have been born to other mothers. Instead, Emily’s List supports denying millions of women like Gillibrand a Mother’s Day.

I’d been thinking it might be nice to take mom to an upscale restaurant on Sunday to celebrate, but no, on second thought, spending that money to help thin out the population of the next generation probably is better. Look at it this way: In years to come, the restaurants on Mother’s Day will be that much less crowded. Easier to book.

Gillibrand’s e-mail is one end of the spectrum on how to celebrate Mother’s Day this year. Here’s the other end. Exit quotation: “This isn’t how we breast-feed at home, it’s more of a cradling, nurturing situation.”

Visit msnbc.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

I look at this issue in terms of responsibility. It is the height of irresponsibility for teenage unmarried girls people to be having babies sex.

thuja on May 11, 2012 at 10:01 PM

BTW, I wasn’t a virgin when I graduated high school, either.

listens2glenn on May 11, 2012 at 10:10 PM

Oh, and don’t feed Thuja. Eventually it goes away.

spiritof61 on May 11, 2012 at 10:05 PM

You could be underestimating my fanaticism about being simultaneously Republican and pro-abortion. The peculiar thing is that otherwise I’m pretty moderate like that Aristotle dude suggested.

thuja on May 11, 2012 at 10:12 PM

Armin Tamzarian on May 11, 2012 at 8:38 PM

Eugenics was and is a reality, scumf**k.

MadisonConservative on May 11, 2012 at 10:15 PM

BTW, I wasn’t a virgin when I graduated high school, either.

listens2glenn on May 11, 2012 at 10:10 PM

You are aware that Sandra Fluke, not me, is your opponent in this game? I think her side is winning.

(Just for the record, I completely despise Sandra Fluke.)

thuja on May 11, 2012 at 10:16 PM

thuja on May 11, 2012 at 10:12 PM

Being “moderate” and being atheist are mutually exclusive.

listens2glenn on May 11, 2012 at 10:18 PM

listens2glenn on May 11, 2012 at 10:10 PM

(Just for the record, I completely despise Sandra Fluke.)

thuja on May 11, 2012 at 10:16 PM

Winning . . . what?

listens2glenn on May 11, 2012 at 10:22 PM

Do dead babies give dead presidents?

John Kettlewell on May 11, 2012 at 10:25 PM

Winning . . . what?

listens2glenn on May 11, 2012 at 10:22 PM

Have you looked at the polling about insurance companies being required to provide birth control? It’s depressing. I completely oppose middle class people being given birth control by their insurance companies. They should pay for it themselves. I’m reasonably sure we both agree on this point.

thuja on May 11, 2012 at 10:31 PM

You’ve got to be kidding.

FerdtheMoonCat on May 11, 2012 at 10:31 PM

listens2glenn on May 11, 2012 at 10:22 PM

thuja on May 11, 2012 at 10:31 PM

I’m unfamiliar with the poll, but I do agree that they should pay for it themselves.

listens2glenn on May 11, 2012 at 10:36 PM

You should at least have the decency to see where pro-choice and pro-abortion come from.

thuja on May 11, 2012 at 9:38 PM

What is the difference between pro-choice and pro-abortion?
I ask because when I use the term pro-abortion (admittedly to get a rise) the instant knee-jerk correction is pro-choice.
Besides political expedience, is there another distinction?

bettycooper on May 11, 2012 at 10:46 PM

thuja on May 11, 2012 at 10:01 PM

There is so much gobbledegook and moral equivalence in that post, I don’t even know how to attack it. Let’s just leave it that you are one screwed up puppy.

Bitter Clinger on May 11, 2012 at 10:54 PM

Is this the same Kirsten Gillibrand who was one of the seven Senators who couldn’t find it in herself to defund Acorn? (83-7). Indeed, the only female Senator of the seven to vote against defunding ACORN?

diogenes on May 11, 2012 at 11:00 PM

Happy Mother’s Day

Jim Treacher on May 11, 2012 at 11:01 PM

Jim Treacher on May 11, 2012 at 11:01 PM

We love your mother, Treacher. She brought us a blogging treasure.
Tell her Happy Mother’s Day for us.

Allah- same goes for you!

bettycooper on May 11, 2012 at 11:07 PM

What is the difference between pro-choice and pro-abortion?
Besides political expedience, is there another distinction?

bettycooper on May 11, 2012 at 10:46 PM

I’m pro-abortion. I’m reasonably sure that the pro-choice activists would hate my position that single teenage girls should be strongly persuaded to abort. The funny thing is that most of the pro-life people I have met in person (though not on-line) have expressed sympathy and somewhat strangely agreement with my position in person.

thuja on May 11, 2012 at 11:12 PM

I’m sorry that my last post may overstated what I intended to say. When I talk to pro-lifers in person, 2/3 of them profess to understand and have sympathy for my views. Only 1/3 of them indicate basic agreement with how I view the abortion controversy. I suppose you have to consider that I live in leftist environment and thus this really isn’t surprising. Still, it is my experience with the issue.

thuja on May 11, 2012 at 11:22 PM

you’re kidding, right ? anyone who agrees with you is not pro-life.

It’s a baby, you idiot.

williampeck1958 on May 11, 2012 at 11:29 PM

Ladies, go ahead, kill your children.

You’ll enjoy your life a little bit more, right?

Greg Toombs on May 11, 2012 at 11:30 PM

you know something? Abortion is kind of hereditary. If your mother does not have any children, then the odds are that you won’t either.

mouell on May 11, 2012 at 11:33 PM

anyone who agrees with you is not pro-life.

It’s a baby, you idiot.

williampeck1958 on May 11, 2012 at 11:29 PM

Technically you are correct about anyone who agrees with me is not pro-life. But people are flaky. I love the flakiness.
Still, some percentage of the “pro-life” voters are people who agree with me.

thuja on May 11, 2012 at 11:42 PM

thuja on May 11, 2012 at 11:22 PM

Did the leftist environment that you live in form your position on this issue? Why would pro-choice activists hate your position on teen-age pregancy? I thought that was the target demographic for pro-choice was the teen.

bettycooper on May 11, 2012 at 11:51 PM

Pretty disappointed to see AP repeating tired old pro-life propaganda about “population thinning” and other nonsense. I thought he was a bit more reasonable than to thoughtlessly promote social “conservative” talking points.

Armin Tamzarian on May 11, 2012 at 8:38 PM

I know you’re a dense liberal, but you do realize that HotAir has traditionally been a CONSERVATIVE site, right?

dominigan on May 11, 2012 at 11:57 PM

Pro-choicers aren’t stupid. We all know that abortion is the killing of a member of the species Homo sapien that has the potential to become a human being. We just don’t see any moral objection to such killing.

thuja on May 11, 2012 at 8:49 PM

Which is the exact same immoral thoughts behind slavery. You obviously don’t see anything wrong with that either.

Since when do conservatives care what other people do in their own lives, as long as it’s legal and not infringing on their rights?

keep the change on May 11, 2012 at 8:33 PM

Yeah, its a shame us conservatives split off from the Whig party and formed that rogue third party… then you could have enjoyed those LEGAL slaves laboring over you, and keeping their colored body parts from touching your white stuff. Damn us for caring what other people do…

…TO OTHER HUMAN BEINGS.

Liberals are truly sick, disgusting, twisted evil people.

dominigan on May 12, 2012 at 12:03 AM

Armin Tamzarian on May 11, 2012 at 8:38 PM

Are you really that stupid?

Oh never mind, you already answered that question.

Ward Cleaver on May 12, 2012 at 12:17 AM

Their obsession with abortion will be the death of the Left.

SouthernGent on May 12, 2012 at 12:27 AM

What a bizarre state of mind these people live in…astounding.

Dr. ZhivBlago on May 12, 2012 at 12:47 AM

thuja on May 11, 2012 at 10:01 PM

I’m Jewish too-and you sure the hell don’t speak for me.
I think that Gillibrand is a ghoul!

annoyinglittletwerp on May 12, 2012 at 1:12 AM

thuja on May 11, 2012 at 8:49 PM

If liberals have no moral objection to such killing, then they cannot have a moral objection to anything.

But that’s the point, isn’t it? For liberals, it’s to justify anything they do.

Kyle_Reese on May 12, 2012 at 1:16 AM

thuja on May 11, 2012 at 10:01 PM

I have a girlfriend who went through a shotgun wedding in 1973. She was FIFTEEN. In 2012…she and her husband are still married. They’re a great couple.
Ideally she wouldn’t have had a baby @ 15-but even though abortion had just gone ‘legal’-she would’ve never considered it.

annoyinglittletwerp on May 12, 2012 at 1:17 AM

thuja on May 11, 2012 at 10:01 PM

I’m Jewish too-and you sure the hell don’t speak for me.
I think that Gillibrand is a ghoul!

annoyinglittletwerp on May 12, 2012 at 1:12 AM

But she’s an attractive looking ghoul.

listens2glenn on May 12, 2012 at 1:23 AM

Hey! What’s the big deal about killing a baby? Don’t worry, you’ll forget about it later in life. Those dark nights of conscience and troubled dreams will pass as quickly as your impregnator’s interest once he figures out you are a fun gal but pregnancies for you are like an on and off switch. He’ll conclude you’re not really someone to be serious about for family and a future and he’ll have a life with others. Some of these people will call him “Daddy” and “Grandpa”. Go for the gusto and get what you want now. Photos of you in the Audi and the vacation to Club Med -you’re right, pregnancy would have messed up the shots in the bikini and Jorge was so dreamy – will be a comfort in your later years even if it is a little quiet around your apartment. You’ll still have your cats. You can also pay people to visit you when you are lonely although be sure to screen them very carefully. Some may have learned their life lessons from you and others like you and not be adverse to standing on your oxygen hose. Sounds like life should be good!

Mason on May 12, 2012 at 1:50 AM

Excommunicate the b!tch.

steebo77 on May 12, 2012 at 8:20 AM

save the tatas…kill a baby
support women’s health…kill a baby
say happy mother’s day…kill a baby
I’m seeing a pattern developing…a new way of life

jan3 on May 12, 2012 at 8:57 AM

Gillebrand. A wh0re with a voice in legislature.

DevilsPrinciple on May 12, 2012 at 9:33 AM

What a horrible person! And those who vote for her and her party. Just had a visit with my son and grandchildren. Great daughter in law. How these killers are tolerated and celebrated escapes me. I only know that I will vote, fight, march, and do anything in my power to rid our society of these horrible people and their supporters. obama the baby killer and his sycophants are in for a shocking push back. Home schooling is the way of loving parents today. Public schooling is child abuse.

frizzbee on May 12, 2012 at 9:36 AM

Alot of women breastfeed, some don’t. There are a multitude of reasons for either. It is that way now and it has always been that way. This is just another invented issue by the left to distract the dumb masses.

As far as gillibrand and the baby killers, we have to fight back on this issue, and every other issue in which the left has to play with the words in order to hide or soften the truth about what they are all about. Control the language, control the people. Abortion is baby killing. obama is a fascist. Study after study has shown that “gays” are not happy or healthy. “Transgenders” are people who have had themselves self mutilated and have not changed thier gender. Gender can not be changed. Baby killers, homosexuals, fascists. This is America and they have a right to what they believe in and most of what they do but lets call them what they are and not aid them in pulling the wool over the eyes of stupid or weak people. The debate cannot be won if you are backing up constantly and accepting the other sides rule changes.

peacenprosperity on May 12, 2012 at 10:26 AM

Yeah, because you are only capable of thinking what Chuckie Schumbag tells you to think.

fitzfong on May 12, 2012 at 10:46 AM

These people really just don’t listen to the words coming out of their faces….

sMack on May 12, 2012 at 12:34 PM

keep the change on May 11, 2012 at 8:33 PM

My right to swing my fists around ends at another human being’s face. Our rights do not exist if they trample the rights (in this case, permanently) of another human being.

But you knew that.

bmmg39 on May 12, 2012 at 12:35 PM

If my position is so flawed, I’m sure it will be easy for you to tell me the flaws. And if you can’t, you should rethink your position.

thuja on May 11, 2012 at 9:10 PM

For one thing, you described the child as a “potential” human being. Laughably false.

bmmg39 on May 12, 2012 at 12:41 PM

Doesn’t abortion prevent motherhood and, as a result, having to celebrate Mother’s Day in the first place?

jan3 on May 12, 2012 at 2:44 PM

“Mother’s Day idea from Kirsten Gillibrand: Why not donate to a pro-choice group?”

Because nothing says “Mother” better than a planned parenthood fiend ripping an unborn fetus out of a woman’s womb and then killing it. Why, they should photographic each horrific step and put the photos on a Mother’s Day card.

TeaPartyNation on May 12, 2012 at 4:18 PM

jan3 on May 12, 2012 at 2:44 PM

Actually, no. Once you’ve conceived, you are a mother for ever. Mothers who abort their children are simply mothers of dead children.

pannw on May 12, 2012 at 4:35 PM

I can. My contribution to the adoption agency will be used to honor both birth and adoptive mothers.

Two-for-one special.

rukiddingme on May 12, 2012 at 9:57 PM

You must be soaked with the blood of the unborn to rise to leadership in the Communist (a/k/a Democrat) Party.

She’s just one of the parade to pass the altar on the outer temple of Power for all these Progressives.

Obama rolled around in it when he was in the Illinois Senate and wouldn’t protect the unborn that survived a botched abortion.

All hail the Temple of Political Power!!!

PappyD61 on May 12, 2012 at 11:51 PM

My unwed (as yet) daughter was “punished” with a baby. I love them both more than anyone could know.

Happy Mother’s Day sweetie! You made a great choice.

BigAlSouth on May 13, 2012 at 1:22 PM

Can’t wait till these f*cking worthless sacks of donkey shit abort themselves into extinction!

cableguy615 on May 13, 2012 at 9:17 PM