Fast response: RNC already up with Obama-forgot-the-recession spot

posted at 2:01 pm on May 11, 2012 by Ed Morrissey

Yesterday, Barack Obama told an audience at a campaign rally that “sometimes I forget” the magnitude of the recession … and today, the RNC wants to make sure everyone remembers this quote.  Their rapid-response team already has a video spot up less than 24 hours later, complete with somber, funereal music and the obvious data points in the graphics.   And Democrats can’t complain that the remarks were taken out of context, either:

Don’t expect the RNC or Mitt Romney’s team to get amnesia over this, either.  “Sometimes I forget” will likely accompany every spot on the economy both organizations produce from now until the election.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

How about a game of golf to bring Barry Hussein Obama back his lack of memory. I sure haven’t forgot the recession!

karlinsync on May 11, 2012 at 4:27 PM

As much as I despise Obama and eagerly lookforward to his retirement in 2012, I think that this ad is somewhat unfair. He did not say that he forgot the recession. Rather, he said that he forgot the magnitude of it. It is hard to accurately remember just how bad things were three years ago – it may be bad now but it is still better now that at that time (I just wish it was much better still and would likely have been had Obama not been so useless).

Instead of silly ads like this, just focus on Obama’s utter incompetence and how much better things will get after his forced retirment.

grimble grumble on May 11, 2012 at 4:34 PM

karlinsync on May 11, 2012 at 4:27 PM

Holy Crap- Just watched it and that’s what I Thought.

OPPORTUNITY MISSED !

Obastard forgets about the important things because his mind is on his tee shot for the 18th hole of Wing Foot.

Think Jugular boys.

FlaMurph on May 11, 2012 at 4:36 PM

Think Jugular boys.

FlaMurph on May 11, 2012 at 4:36 PM

I bet they did and chose to go softer. They are not stupid.

dogsoldier on May 11, 2012 at 5:13 PM

The War Planner on May 11, 2012 at 3:04 PM

Thank you for telling the truth about me.

bluefox on May 11, 2012 at 4:11 PM

Why is it so easy for you to ask people to forget about their religious beliefs?

I mean seriously disagree with me or explain how you are right. But do not ask me to abandon my religion to vote for Mitt or anyone else. I have made it abundantly clear that Obama is worst for the country in the short term but honestly believe Mitt is worst for it in the long term and would destroy the Republican Brand for a generation.

It amazes me I post here and no one even attempt to defend Mitt. They just attack the messenger.

No one will say why they are voting for Mitt. Just they do not want Obama. Fine but that has never once worked for a Republican even the Moderate Nixon had a very strong message to vote for.

Mitt will not win without a strong message if you think he can give me an example of a Republican that did it that way.

Steveangell on May 11, 2012 at 5:17 PM

This is just the FIRST of these “I forget” videos. This isn’t going away. The key is the rapid response. That’s most important. Other vids can be made on this latest screw-up by ObaMao. But the impressive thing is that Romney not only responds but responds immediately and effectively.

cicerone on May 11, 2012 at 5:34 PM

He needs lots of help with that drug-fried memory. As when he signed the Queen’s guest book “2008″. Last year.

timmytee on May 11, 2012 at 7:00 PM

A lot of you are missing the forest for the trees. The point is the RNC and the Romney camp have shown in the last few weeks they can turn on a dime and put the libs on the defensive in the course of a few hours-

when is the last time that happened to the left?!!

dont’ worry- there are 178 days till election- they know what they are doing in the ad campaigns and will roll out organized spots. be happy that we have professionals involved now!

AirForceCane on May 11, 2012 at 11:08 PM

Biden is rubbing off on his boss.

LetsBfrank on May 11, 2012 at 2:09 PM

Ewww.

CoolCzech on May 12, 2012 at 2:39 AM

I keep seeing these great oppo videos on Hot Air, Breitbart, Caller, PJ Media and such. Are they going to get into broadcast distribution on TV and cable? Is everything just on hold until after the primaries? At this point it seems to be just preaching to the choir. The real measure will be if Mitt allows real hard hitting stuff into general circulation. As mentioned, it’s great to see quick response. Will McCainish Niceguyism end up ruling?

ironked on May 12, 2012 at 8:34 AM

Y’all have pretty much run the gauntlet of positive comments on this video…. I’ll just add my ‘thrill I get up my leg’ just by seeing the RNC and the Superpacs responding rapidly and resoundingly.

Last go round, ole’ JohnnyMac would redlined this commercial — so we got stuck with Obamanation for four long years…

Right on RNC and the rest — ride ‘em cowboy.

(and I can’t leave without reminding those of you who ‘can’t vote for Romney because he isn’t ANTI gay enough — wake up and smell the coffee, dudes – sit on their hands, one issue voters are every bit as bad for the country as the worst left wing zealots.. EVERY vote counts!!

Pecozbill on May 12, 2012 at 8:57 AM

I noted the bullet point about 1 in 5 mortgages still being underwater. There has been a lot of focus on those mortgages in the explaining of why the economy is so shaky. But using that fctoid to explain the recession arrives at the wrong destination because it starts at the wring origin. We need to be publicly examining WHY 20% of mortgages are underwater. How did that happen and what forces created that situation? Did any part of our government see it coming and try to prevent it? Did any other part of our government stand in the way of such prevention?

I have a mortgage myself but it is currently only some 15% of the value of the property. All thought the easy money era of the obnoxious ditech dot com commercials I didn’t refinance and I didn’t take out and equity in a second mortgage. Others did? If they did and spent their equity and later learned they had no equity, are they the ones who should suffer, or should I since I came out better than they did?

MikeA on May 12, 2012 at 12:38 PM

Cool. Other than us who are already not going to vote for Obama, who’s going to see it?

Um, effectively no one?