Source for WaPo’s Romney hit piece: Actually, I wasn’t present during the prank

posted at 4:46 pm on May 10, 2012 by Allahpundit

Via Matt Lewis, here’s the dilemma for Romney. As sleazy and pitiful as that WaPo piece was, how much effort do you want to put into countering it? If you ignore it, it’ll be consumed by the next sleazy, pitiful, distracting news cycle in a day or two. If you start squabbling over it, which it sounds like they’re preparing to do, it extends the story’s shelf life and maybe helps it reach low-information voters who will otherwise be hibernating until September.

Tough call:

White, in an interview with ABC News, said that he is “still debating” whether he will help the campaign, remarking, “It’s been a long time since we’ve been pals.” While the Post reports White as having “long been bothered” by the haircutting incident,” he told ABC News he was not present for the prank, in which Romney is said to have forcefully cut a student’s long hair and was not aware of it until this year when he was contacted by the Washington Post.

According to White, he knows of several other classmates that have also been approached by the campaign to counter the article. White declined to name the fellow classmates.

But then there’s this:

One former classmate and old friend of Romney’s – who refused to be identified by name – said there are “a lot of guys” who went to Cranbrook who have “really negative memories” of Romney’s behavior in the dorms, behavior this classmate describes as “evil” and “like Lord of the Flies.”

I thought we were going to spend the next six months having a dumb conversation about whether Romney’s too rich and square and “out of touch” to get the economy back on track. But no, between this and the mind-numbingly stupid Seamus attacks, we’re actually going to have a dumb conversation about whether Romney was some sort of psycho several decades ago. So maybe it is worth pushing back, just because there’s apparently more water left in this story still to be carried for O.

Since our media is terrible and juvenile and therefore, to a great extent, so is our politics, I guess we have to play ball and note the instances of bullying, some petty and some a bit less so, in O’s book. Luckily he grew up, matured, and learned a valuable lesson: When you want to push someone around, get one of your political cronies to do it for you so that you can stay “above the fray” and “post-partisan.” Take a memo, Mitt.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4 5

You’re right down dopey. Investments like that are why you’re on the Government teet. You aren’t very smart. Public school system? Or Booosh’s fault. Pitiful and weak minded. Learn some self reliance for Petes sake. Or starve.

Bmore on May 10, 2012 at 8:16 PM

Or is it down right dopey?

Bmore on May 10, 2012 at 8:17 PM

According to an article Ace has, the recipient of the haircut was later expelled for smoking in the shrubbery. Different times, I know, but the punishment seems a touch uneven.

Cindy Munford on May 10, 2012 at 8:17 PM

I love the tags for this story:

bullying, cranbrook, gay, hair, romney

melle1228 on May 10, 2012 at 8:17 PM

Just picture teenage Romney getting all worked up about the effeminate 17 year old with long blond hair, grabbing a bunch of his male friends, chasing and holding down the teen, and styling his hair.

Ladies and gentlemen, your 2012 republican presidential nominee

e-pirate on May 10, 2012 at 8:18 PM

uh-oh.

Problem: This doesn’t disprove the Horowitz story about Romney, Lauber, and the scissors. White was not one of his four named sources. His sources were Matthew Friedemann, Phillip Maxwell, Thomas Buford, and David Seed. Other reporters, tasting Horowitz’s dust all day, have been coming back to Romney peers and getting the same story. (The New York Times’s Ashley Parker’s been tweeting about that paper’s up-coming follow.) All this proves is that a source from later in the story, who’s closer to Romney, is now claiming ignorance.

i am breitbart.

sesquipedalian on May 10, 2012 at 8:19 PM

The incident transpired in a flash, and Friedemann said Romney then led his cheering schoolmates back to his bay-windowed room in Stevens Hall.

cam2 on May 10, 2012 at 5:49 PM

So Obama is going to run against teenage Mitt Romney not grown man Mitt Romney? Sure why not, Obama ran against George W Bush in 2008, and he wasn’t even on the republican ticket. I need to know which Jesus does Obama prefer “Baby Jesus” or “Long haired Jesus with a beard”? Obama is a self described Christian so he must have a generational preference seeing how he’s running against teenage Mitt Romney, because he can’t run against a full grown man- Mitt Romney. I guess it’s true, Obama can’t Man Up.

Dr Evil on May 10, 2012 at 8:20 PM

Ladies and gentlemen, your 2012 republican presidential nominee

e-pirate on May 10, 2012 at 8:18 PM

Yeah so, and as stated repeatedly our current President did coke, tickled someone till his arm broke and pushed a girl.

There are certainly better reason not to vote for both of them. The fact that they were both douches in high school isn’t one of them.

melle1228 on May 10, 2012 at 8:21 PM

Hey, aren’t you the guy who told us that he teaches his kids to hate all Republicans?

Chuck Schick on May 10, 2012 at 5:22 PM

no i tell my nieces and nephew that Republicans are selfish, warmongering, gun-crazy, homophobic, racist, hypocritical religious bigots, which is all true. Nothing I have read here has taught me otherwise.

DBear on May 10, 2012 at 5:53 PM

On the other hand, you’re a liberal, which means you’re too stupid to have opinions worth listening to.

/Painting with a broad brush is FUN!

tom on May 10, 2012 at 8:22 PM

I will leave that 8:19 to itself as a glaring example of desperation attempting to become relevant, after losing debate after debate after debate after debate.

How dare you.

Key West Reader on May 10, 2012 at 8:22 PM

i am teet!
sesquipedalian on May 10, 2012 at 8:19 PM

Bmore on May 10, 2012 at 8:24 PM

How dare you.

Key West Reader on May 10, 2012 at 8:22 PM

Its drywall minus the personality.

lol!

tom daschle concerned on May 10, 2012 at 8:26 PM

i am teet!
sesquipedalian on May 10, 2012 at 8:19 PM

Sorry, forgot to quote box you.

Bmore on May 10, 2012 at 8:28 PM

Heard it from a friend who
Heard it from a friend who
Heard it from another you been messin around…

But I know the neighborhood
And talk is cheap when the story is good
And the tales grow taller on down the line

’bout sums that one up.

coldwarrior on May 10, 2012 at 8:28 PM

How dare you.

Key West Reader on May 10, 2012 at 8:22 PM

the last time i lost a debate here was when i claimed that no American troops participated in market garden (i know). that was in 2009, i think.

in any case, are you now criticizing me for being on topic? or for invoking excitable andy?

sesquipedalian on May 10, 2012 at 8:33 PM

’bout sums that one up.

coldwarrior on May 10, 2012 at 8:28 PM

Used to hate that band in H.S. The lead singer was just grating on me with the “wahhh” factor in his vocals.

I was more about This

Key West Reader on May 10, 2012 at 8:34 PM

Sorry, forgot to quote box you.

Bmore on May 10, 2012 at 8:28 PM

no problem, i appreciate the unrequited attention.

sesquipedalian on May 10, 2012 at 8:36 PM

the last time i lost a debate here

sesquipedalian on May 10, 2012 at 8:33 PM

Priceless.

A+

Del Dolemonte on May 10, 2012 at 8:38 PM

Key West Reader on May 10, 2012 at 8:34 PM

High school?

Ah, my child, though young, you’ve maturity nonetheless.

I still haven’t forgiven that dumb blond for ruining Van Halen.

coldwarrior on May 10, 2012 at 8:39 PM

Del Dolemonte on May 10, 2012 at 7:48 PM

president george w. bush, 2000-2008.

keep trying.

sesquipedalian on May 10, 2012 at 7:51 PM

Bush took office in 2000? News to me.

don’t keep trying.

Del Dolemonte on May 10, 2012 at 8:40 PM

Bush took office in 2000? News to me.

don’t keep trying.

Del Dolemonte on May 10, 2012 at 8:40 PM

technically it’s 2001, but the putsch happened in late 2000. ;)

sesquipedalian on May 10, 2012 at 8:41 PM

i am breitbart.
sesquipedalian on May 10, 2012 at 8:19 PM

Ooooh, the exciting sequel to Haircutgate! What now? Did he give someone wet willie in kindergarden?

Chuck Schick on May 10, 2012 at 8:41 PM

teenage boys are morons. I was once one. sheesh next romney will be accused of bed-wetting when he was 5.

gerrym51 on May 10, 2012 at 8:47 PM

What now?

Chuck Schick on May 10, 2012 at 8:41 PM

for the next few days, we get to hear from mitt de romney what a despicable bully he was in high school, instead of how evil obama is, that’s what.

sesquipedalian on May 10, 2012 at 8:48 PM

no problem, i appreciate the unrequited attention.

sesquipedalian on May 10, 2012 at 8:36 PM

Guilty as charged, I guess. I have always rubbernecked at disastrous train wrecks. You’re a doozy.

Bmore on May 10, 2012 at 8:48 PM

gerrym51 on May 10, 2012 at 8:47 PM

Of course the big question that is on everyones mind. Was he a thumbsucker? It has a direct relationship to the economy I hear./

Bmore on May 10, 2012 at 8:51 PM

coldwarrior on May 10, 2012 at 8:39 PM

Fast forward through all the chicken noises. Actually it sounds like Obama campaign headquarters. FF to 2:20 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBU6L_hiOgc

Key West Reader on May 10, 2012 at 8:52 PM

I have always rubbernecked at disastrous train wrecks. You’re a doozy.

Bmore on May 10, 2012 at 8:48 PM

don’t make me look for the thread where you left about 46 comments in a row talking to yourself, with nobody around.

sesquipedalian on May 10, 2012 at 8:52 PM

Obama’s 2013 Lamentations

Sorry, just had to do it. I am evil. And I like me.

Key West Reader on May 10, 2012 at 8:53 PM

sesquipedalian on May 10, 2012 at 8:48 PM

Ooooh, then what? His coke habit? Or do you only care about things about people you’re alteady not voting for.

Chuck Schick on May 10, 2012 at 8:53 PM

And if Romney was a bully in high schhol, so what? As if every person on the planet never did anything they would not have done as they matured? obama has glaring examples of being a jerk and worse but the media never hit the internet with over 500 cited articles about any of them. This was a stat that little angryed pointed out earlier. Nonissue except for whiny little agitators who are out trolling.

JAGonzo on May 10, 2012 at 8:56 PM

sesquipedalian on May 10, 2012 at 8:48 PM

Or Romney’s going to ignore the peanut gallery since he already addressed it, and apologized.

Romney should hit Obama on his plans for Our Missile Defense. Seeing how Obama got caught on a hot mic recently describing how flexible he’s going to be for Putin after he’s reelected – and that he wrote his College Thesis at Columbia University on Our Missile Defense, that makes his thesis even more relevant. Unfortunately he said he lost it or maybe his dog ate it/

Dr Evil on May 10, 2012 at 8:57 PM

We stopped getting the Globe along time ago, so don’t read things there. You think it’s just a newspaper but it is worse than that. Normal people here hardly read it at all, and you can’t even get in the articles online without being a member.

Republicans, conservatives, catholics, pro life, none of us read the globe.

Fleuries on May 10, 2012 at 9:05 PM

Unfortunately he said he lost it or maybe his dog ate it/

Dr Evil on May 10, 2012 at 8:57 PM

And then he ate his dog.

And dead dogs tell no tales.

fossten on May 10, 2012 at 9:08 PM

This whole story is ‘please…’
Back in high school as I remember it, every body did dumb sh*t. I had so many fights and jumpings over the years of attending 5 different high schools, including 2 voc-tech campuses… that it’s hard to keep them all straight.
So freaking what.
Gas is $3.50 plus and never going down again so long as Barry is prez…
Unemployment is now locked at ‘too high’ for a growing middle class to… grow.
Government is attempting to control what we do in every aspect of our free time, work time, meal time… you name it.
The debt is rapidly reaching the point of no return…
and we are worrying about boys being boys… Please

RalphyBoy on May 10, 2012 at 9:10 PM

the last time i lost a debate here…

sesquipedalian on May 10, 2012 at 8:33 PM

*snort*

I bet you give yourself a solid B+ in life too.

NotCoach on May 10, 2012 at 9:11 PM

Now that we know about Mitt Romney’s high school experience, I look forward to reading the Washington Post’s extensive analysis of President Obama’s years at the elite Punahou School.

The article below includes some names of Barry’s classmates to help the Washington Post get started with their research:

wren on May 10, 2012 at 9:12 PM

One candidate was a supposed bully 37 years ago when he was 14.

The other candidate has been a bully every damn day of his disgrace of a Presidency for the last 3 1/2 years.

Right Mover on May 10, 2012 at 9:13 PM

One candidate was a supposed bully 37 years ago when he was 14.

I’m sorry, 47 years ago, not 37.

Right Mover on May 10, 2012 at 9:15 PM

If I were Romney, I’d ignore it and move on rather than try and dissect it. It’s basically “Romney gave an underclassman a wedgie” It will only be a story with legs if Romney gets in the weeds with it.

I do think, however, that the Romney Campaign needs to push back and dig into Obama’s background. McCain never had the balls to, and Obama never has really been vetted.

BradTank on May 10, 2012 at 9:16 PM

Rather, look at the trail of all Obama’s Chicago croynies… past and present. A rogue’s gallery, if ever there was one.
Myron Falwell on May 10, 2012 at 8:08 PM

David Axelrod is in Chicago as we speak, scheming and plotting away for The O.

And yeah, I know all about his Chicago cronies, well beyond Bill and Bernadine.

Buy Danish on May 10, 2012 at 9:17 PM

Hey Obamorons, does this make Larry Sinclair fair game now?

Right Mover on May 10, 2012 at 9:18 PM

Hahaha, these stories make Romney go up in the polls. More please, lol.

ray on May 10, 2012 at 9:19 PM

Bush took office in 2000? News to me.

don’t keep trying.

Del Dolemonte on May 10, 2012 at 8:40 PM

technically it’s 2001, but the putsch happened in late 2000. ;)

sesquipedalian on May 10, 2012 at 8:41 PM

lol, the Putsch where SCOTUS ruled 7-2 against Gore?

Gore’s real problem was that he was rejected by the voters of his own state. He wouldn’t have needed Florida to win if they hadn’t given him the finger.

S-

Del Dolemonte on May 10, 2012 at 9:20 PM

Oh, and while we’re vetting candidates, can someone please, please, please ask Barry O what this bizarre poem he allegedly wrote is about?

A snip from “Pop“:

Pop takes another shot, neat,
Points out the same amber
Stain on his shorts that I’ve got on mine, and
Makes me smell his smell, coming
From me; he switches channels, recites an old poem
He wrote before his mother died,
Stands, shouts, and asks
For a hug, as I shrink, my
Arms barely reaching around
His thick, oily neck, and his broad back; ’cause
I see my face, framed within
Pop’s black-framed glasses
And know he’s laughing too.

Buy Danish on May 10, 2012 at 9:29 PM

Cindy Munford on May 10, 2012 at 8:17 PM

..maybe he was expelled for smoking THE shrubbery, Cindy. That’d make more sense. Or maybe he was just one of those Knights Who Say “NI”!

Dunno, just spitballin’ here.

The War Planner on May 10, 2012 at 9:42 PM

Hahaha, these stories make Romney go up in the polls. More please, lol.

ray on May 10, 2012 at 9:19 PM

Yes. I’m reading the comments to this ABC blog post, and the comments are just brutal. We aren’t in 2008 anymore, Barack.

Rational Thought on May 10, 2012 at 9:45 PM

S-

Del Dolemonte on May 10, 2012 at 9:20 PM

..Noble Del, I revel in your ripostes. You disassemble all manner of preposterous troll with them. But, alas, I lament that your grading system is nearing the logical end (which I fear will be Z- and, I fervently hope, will be assigned to one of FuriousEd’s ridiculous plotchits of puny palaver).

(The flowery language? Just opened up a Glennfiddich and am getting warmed up for the QOTD.)

The War Planner on May 10, 2012 at 9:47 PM

Romney picked on a fellow student once in high school, Obama ate dogs, supports unlimited killing of babies and wants everyone in the poor house. Tough choice… not.

ray on May 10, 2012 at 9:56 PM

sesquipedalian on May 10, 2012 at 8:52 PM

I do that a lot. As usual your math is way off. Have fun finding it though. I guess being on the teet leaves you with plenty of time. By all means continue along on your train wreck. I’m not the only one who enjoys it. Sorry to just leave on you like this, I know how starved you are for attention, but its not much fun. Plus there are more interesting threads going. Sorry. Bye.

Bmore on May 10, 2012 at 9:56 PM

Heard it from a friend who
Heard it from a friend who
Heard it from another you been messin around…

But I know the neighborhood
And talk is cheap when the story is good
And the tales grow taller on down the line

’bout sums that one up.

coldwarrior on May 10, 2012 at 8:28 PM

..mmmmm. Renminiscent of:

Um, he’s sick. My best friend’s sister’s boyfriend’s brother’s girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who’s going with a girl who saw Ferris pass out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it’s pretty serious.

The War Planner on May 10, 2012 at 10:00 PM

The War Planner on May 10, 2012 at 9:47 PM

Kerry-esque. !!

Key West Reader on May 10, 2012 at 10:01 PM

Romney’s matured. When will Obama?

(Nice one, War Planner)

talkingpoints on May 10, 2012 at 10:06 PM

Remember back when liberals were constantly telling the rest of us that what somebody [Clinton, in this case] does on their own time or did when they were young has nothing to do with how they will lead, the genius of their ideas, and their plans for America???

So…a prank from 45-plus years ago is relevant how?

coldwarrior on May 10, 2012 at 10:09 PM

melle1228 on May 10, 2012 at 8:21 PM

You’re just trying to evade the issue and white-wash the whole thing with your false comparisons.

Mitt Romney is clearly the worse candidate – I heard that in gradeschool, he actually got his name written on the board for talking in class, and then got a check mark placed beside his name for repeating the offense on the very same day, meaning one more violation and a note would have been sent home to his parents.*

Your move, wingnuts.

*[everyone says this is all irrelevant to the campaign, but you have to admit, it does bring back memories...]

RINO in Name Only on May 10, 2012 at 10:12 PM

Rational Thought on May 10, 2012 at 9:45 PM

True, but then there are Barry O’s farcical acolytes:

The contrast of the the hate of a young Romney with the sensitivity of a young Obama musing on T.S.Elliot, and sure it looks bad.

Posted by: Neilm | May 10, 2012, 6:35 pm 6:35 pm

(He spells Eliot wrong, but I digress)

Buy Danish on May 10, 2012 at 10:13 PM

Tough luck for you trolls, tomorrow is going to be all about JPMorgan losing 2 billion dollars in the quarter. Look for a major meltdown in the Dow. I don’t think many folks are going to be talking about 1965 high school hijinks by this time tomorrow.

rockmom on May 10, 2012 at 10:23 PM

Good thing Ahmadinejad & the Islamists cut off peoples heads instead of their hair or team Obama would be really put-out with their behavior.

batterup on May 10, 2012 at 10:27 PM

What, should we get ready for the sequel? Palin Treatment Two ?

The lame a$$ media is a disgrace. They should all be exiled to North Korea to actually live the life they aspire to.

RockyJ. on May 10, 2012 at 10:49 PM

The problem for the Obots is that, normally, I could depend on the Stupid Party, led by Greg Marmalarde, to pi$$ away a campaign and lose to this stuttering clusterf*ck of a Poseur of a President. But these are NOT normal times. As mentioned above, JPM is about to declare a $2B writedown. That’s NOT Bush’s fault, and it can’t be blamed on Palin, either. It happened on one guy’s watch, and on one guy’s watch only.

The economic bad news is starting to cascade for this President, and all the Shiny Pony Horsesh*t that he is trying won’t help him in the end.

Not that Romney won’t try to help Obama out the best he can….

I mean, look what Romney did today. He effing APOLOGIZED for an obvious put-up job story that the White House had the WaPo gin up to come out just as they were rolling out gay marriage.

How stupid can the Romney people be?

Well, it IS the Establishment GOP, and a lot of these people were around for the McCain Campaign, as well as the Bush Second Term, so the question sort of answers itself.

You never, ever play the Left’s narrative game. EVER.

Romney’s job is to concentrate on the economy like a laser. Beat Obama to a pulp the way Thatcher did to Sunny Jim Callaghan in 1978 and kicked the he11 out of Labour.

Man up Mittens. Stop this apology garbage. People don’t give a crap about what happened 50 years ago. The roof is about to cave in like it did in 2008 and it’s the fault of the incompetent a$$clown in the White House.

Now cut the crap, Mitt, and rip this guy’s nuts off. It’s what Palin would do.

victor82 on May 10, 2012 at 10:52 PM

What, should we get ready for the sequel? Palin Treatment Two ?

RockyJ. on May 10, 2012 at 10:49 PM

Palin tried to fight back, but McCain and the people around him were a bunch of candy-asses and resume-stuffers who couldn’t fight their way out of a Bangkok whorehouse.

So far, I’m seeing that Romney has some good fighting instincts, but today gave a really disappointing, Bushian “if we curl up and take it, maybe they will go away” kind of impression.

If Romney lets this happen to him too much, he’s a Dead Man Walking.

victor82 on May 10, 2012 at 10:56 PM

sesquipedalian on May 10, 2012 at 8:33 PM

Winning!

riddick on May 10, 2012 at 11:17 PM

RockyJ. on May 10, 2012 at 10:49 PM

Why stop with LSM? Every liberal should be forced to do that. They will crawl back and beg to be re-admitted.

riddick on May 10, 2012 at 11:19 PM

I can’t believe some of you are doubting the veracity of this story.

Everybody knows the Washington Post would never embellish their reporting – especially about something as important as this or a “racist rock”.

Just ask Chudi.

Mitt Romney allegedly held some kid down and cut his hair 47 years ago.

Barak Obama said this 4 years ago:

“If they bring a knife to the fight, we bring a gun.”

“I want you to talk to them whether they are independent or whether they are Republican. I want you to argue with them and get in their face!

Flora Duh on May 10, 2012 at 11:21 PM

public schools? STEM education? large-scale infrastructure projects? do let’s talk.

sesquipedalian on May 10, 2012 at 7:47 PM

…this is “investing in the poor”?
G O O F B A L L !

KOOLAID2 on May 10, 2012 at 11:27 PM

So somebody tell me… did Angryed get the ban hammer? I was reading the other 1000+ comment thread saying Mitt was a teenage bully and everyone’s yapping like angryIED got banned.

SauerKraut537 on May 10, 2012 at 11:31 PM

Attacking Obama is fine – but he’s NOT The Enemy —-

THE LIBERAL MAINSTREAM MEDIA ARE!!!

We NEED to expose stories about Wolf Blitzer’s Character Defects, Andrea Mitchell Drunk and Behaving Like The Whore she is, Chris Matthews Molesting Young Girls and/or Boys – AND WE NEED VIDEO OF THIS!!

Don’t WORRY about who will publish it – SOMEONE WILL!! Don’t even worry about it being taken out of “context” or even being 100% independently-verifiable TRUE!! WE JUST NEED TO GET NEGATIVE STORIES ABOUT MEDIA FIGURES OUT THERE!!

We NEED a Few HOURS OF THIS:

And we NEED to Get It Played OVER AND OVER – we need to get A MILLION HITS ON IT!!

williamg on May 10, 2012 at 11:31 PM

Well this suggests it wasn’t weighing too much on Maxwell’s mind, four years ago;

narciso on May 10, 2012 at 11:33 PM

If Romney lets this happen to him too much, he’s a Dead Man Walking.

victor82 on May 10, 2012 at 10:56 PM

..while you make very good points, this is a “pick your battles” kind of situation and one gets the sense that Romney (and/or his campaign staff) know when to hold ‘em and know when to fold ‘em. (Jeeez! Can you wring out ANY MORE cliches out of that single-malt besotted brain, WP?)

The W. O. Wimminses, the W. O. Dawgs, and the W. O. Enforced Haricut Hazing are unraveling more quickly than a three-year-old pair of unwashed K-Mart underwear.

By the way, gentle readerz, a lot of this is due to the blogosphere — i.e., good folk like yourselves — who actively take these pathetic Obama IEDs apart adroitly and train them back on his preposterous liberal pettifoggers.

As I have racka-racka’ed before: this is reminiscent of J. Freakin’ Kerry’s Windsurfing, Frog speaking, and powder blue NASA bunny-eared-jammie-wearing gaffs — all disintegrating on impact. The heavy duty stuff — like the Bush’s falsified USAF/TX ANG E.R. attacks — will be coming at us like scuds out of the Bagram Mountains, me brothers, and we must screw our courage to the sticking place.

(..just another small one, my dear, with a splash of soda, if you please.)

*lurches to feet*

GOD, I LOVE THIS JOB!

The War Planner on May 10, 2012 at 11:33 PM

Or is it down right dopey?

Bmore on May 10, 2012 at 8:17 PM

“Down Right Dopey” sounds like a new Obama campaign slogan – sure beats WTF :)

wubu on May 10, 2012 at 11:35 PM

I don’t feel like reading through the last several pages… did AngryIED get the ban hammer today?

SauerKraut537 on May 10, 2012 at 11:37 PM

..and everyone’s yapping like angryIED got banned.

SauerKraut537 on May 10, 2012 at 11:31 PM

..your keyboard to God’s monitor, noble sirrah or madame, as the case may be!

Nothing could be more satisfying than the image of that hate-filled creep sitting in his dank, freezing garret consumed with angst over the loss of his one pathetic pleasure: venting his bilious spleen over on HG.

If that ever happens, I predict he’ll turn into a pile of calcified dust and blow away like the guy who chug-a-lugged the H2O from the wrong urn in the third Indiana Jones movie.

The War Planner on May 10, 2012 at 11:42 PM

SauerKraut537 on May 10, 2012 at 11:37 PM

williamg on May 10, 2012 at 11:55 PM

SauerKraut537 on May 10, 2012 at 11:37 PM

I answered in the other thread but.. I don’t think so, I was on the thread to day when he was. Unless they went back and banned him. I think a lot of people thought he crossed a line and should be banned.

melle1228 on May 11, 2012 at 12:07 AM

Attacking Obama is fine – but he’s NOT The Enemy —-

THE LIBERAL MAINSTREAM MEDIA ARE!!!

williamg on May 10, 2012 at 11:31 PM

WaPo changes text of Romney bullying story — without noting it

Looks like the Washington Post is exposing its bias again.

Don’t let them get away with it.

wren on May 11, 2012 at 12:13 AM

O.K., so in spite of remembering decent, kind, responsible people I’ve known all my life as dishonest, cruel, sometimes violent youths, and in spite of recently hearing on CNN that Osama Bin Laden, as an adolescent, was—according to people who knew him then—shy, sweet, and a peace maker, I should be leery of voting for Romney because people, who wish to remain anonymous, supposedly claim he was a bully as a teenager—what ? — 47 years ago ?
The Obama team is desperate.

ansonia on May 11, 2012 at 12:23 AM

I heard that when Mitt’s mom was carrying him during pregnancy he routinely kicked her. That was the beginning of his war on women.

mechkiller_k on May 11, 2012 at 12:31 AM

Thisnthingnis getting debunked quickly, the sister just came out and said stop using her brother for a political agenda.

Conservative4ev on May 11, 2012 at 12:38 AM

narciso on May 10, 2012 at 11:33 PM

It also wasn’t weighing on any of these sources’ minds when Romney ran for Gov. of MA in 2002 — of course, the alleged victim Lauber, was still alive in 2002.

This story is a bunch of cr*p. All sources are Dems — one of whom actually worked on the Obama campaign in 2008 — and revolves around something that allegedly happened to the now-dead Lauber, who cannot confirm or deny any of the actions or quotes attributed to him.

That’s not even taking into account it involves incidents that allegedly happened 50 years ago! Yet these Dem sources all have the exact same story?

We already know the White “he’s been bothered by the incident for years” thing didn’t happen — he didn’t even learn of it until a few months ago (a classmate, mind you, who would have been on campus at the time, didn’t hear of this incident for which Romney was cheered?). We know WaPo edited the story without a correction like a thief in the night.We know the school’s dean denies the incident occurred. We know the school was so strict that it expelled Lauber the next year for smoking, but we are supposed to believe did nothing about this alleged incident. Finally, we know that Lauber’s sister didn’t know about this incident, which is represented as so traumatic to Lauber that he practically died from a broken heart over it 43 years later.

Use your heads people!

Dark Star on May 11, 2012 at 2:10 AM

Romney’s going to win, and, as of the moment that the auxiliary propaganda wing of the Democrat Party (i.e., the WaPo) “broke” this “story,” you could describe their desperation as palpable.

morganfrost on May 11, 2012 at 8:57 AM

Insert any and all truisms about the decline of our media here bcos I really think they’ve earned them all now…
The only way I would address it if ask by a “journalist” that is callow enough to ask is with….”you go first, tell me what you were doing in your adolescent years…better yet, tell us all what the president was doing…”

rebekahhuang on May 11, 2012 at 9:13 AM

Which is the worse offense:

1. Romney holding a kid down and cutting his hair?

2. 0bama holding America down and forcing 0crapacare down its throat?

cane_loader on May 11, 2012 at 9:38 AM

If Governor Romney went to a good liberal prep school, he would be dead today and not a problem.

IlikedAUH2O on May 11, 2012 at 10:22 AM

Funny, I just heard Chuck Todd (MSNBC First Read) comment that perhaps the bullying story may not be all that important but the fact that Romney attended Prep School might do more damage with “working class” voters.

Perhaps Mr. Todd should have done his homework.

Yes, Romney started prep school in 7th grade
BUT OBAMA STARTED PREP SCHOOL IN 5TH GRADE ! Will Mr. Todd issue a correction? I think not…….

Regarding the newer story about Obama bullying a classmate – Obama wrote in his book that he bullied and shoved a “a black girl who was plump, DARK and seem to have no friends”

DARK ???? Spoken from a lighter-skinned black to a darker-skinned black – could this be seen as RACIST ?????

BabysCatz on May 11, 2012 at 10:23 AM

Romney, who I call Massrom, should just dig up all his college pranks, as they must be so so unusual and discuss all of them. And while he is at it, drag up the thing like the GW drunk driving arrest and do an interview with ABC or one of the other pukes to get it all out. But no names of former buddies unless they want Little Hitler [axelrod] on their front lawn.

democratsarefools on May 11, 2012 at 11:50 AM

Look for the next Pulitzer winning article from the Washington Post. Headline-Romney picked his nose in Second Grade and then ate the booger.

manjodad on May 11, 2012 at 12:00 PM

I suspect that the 25 million unemployed and underemployed Americans don’t care too much that Romney and his pals teased a kid with long hair four+ decades ago. If the next five months of Barry’s campaign consists of nonsense like this, Romney should not worry too much. Just keep pounding on Biden’s favorite three-letter word: J-O-B-S.

Colony14 on May 11, 2012 at 5:45 PM

How many times does the right need to learn this lesson? It doesn’t matter how ridiculous the claims are. If you ignore the left’s narrative, they will use your silence to claim victory.

Book on May 11, 2012 at 7:49 PM

If this shows anything, it is Obama is now as big a campaign failure as he is a president. He takes his big shots at Romney, and Romney goes up in the polls! The more Obama fights, the weaker and dumber he looks! This is hysterical, LOL.

ray on May 11, 2012 at 8:13 PM

WaPo is going to come under heavy pressure to fire somebody. The story violated basic journalistic ethics – the use of quote marks on second-hand words from a dead man would be a firing offense in a normal case. It’s the editor’s fault of course – as Dark Star notes above, all five sources have the exact same story after 50 years?

How stupid do they think we are?

The editor is probably safe, they will try to blame Horowitz, but the brand is being damaged, and they cannot afford much more damage after a $22.5 million loss in the 1st quarter, year-to-year circulation down over 7% on average and advertising sales down over 17%.

Adjoran on May 12, 2012 at 4:13 AM

Book on May 11, 2012 at 7:49 PM

An excellent point, which cannot be emphasized enough – never cede the Left any ground, because, like the bullies they are, they’ll keep pushing until they meet more resistance than they can comfortably handle.

One of my favorite quotes: “An insult unpunished is the parent of many others.” -Thomas Jefferson

Bizarro No. 1 on May 12, 2012 at 1:50 PM