Source for WaPo’s Romney hit piece: Actually, I wasn’t present during the prank

posted at 4:46 pm on May 10, 2012 by Allahpundit

Via Matt Lewis, here’s the dilemma for Romney. As sleazy and pitiful as that WaPo piece was, how much effort do you want to put into countering it? If you ignore it, it’ll be consumed by the next sleazy, pitiful, distracting news cycle in a day or two. If you start squabbling over it, which it sounds like they’re preparing to do, it extends the story’s shelf life and maybe helps it reach low-information voters who will otherwise be hibernating until September.

Tough call:

White, in an interview with ABC News, said that he is “still debating” whether he will help the campaign, remarking, “It’s been a long time since we’ve been pals.” While the Post reports White as having “long been bothered” by the haircutting incident,” he told ABC News he was not present for the prank, in which Romney is said to have forcefully cut a student’s long hair and was not aware of it until this year when he was contacted by the Washington Post.

According to White, he knows of several other classmates that have also been approached by the campaign to counter the article. White declined to name the fellow classmates.

But then there’s this:

One former classmate and old friend of Romney’s – who refused to be identified by name – said there are “a lot of guys” who went to Cranbrook who have “really negative memories” of Romney’s behavior in the dorms, behavior this classmate describes as “evil” and “like Lord of the Flies.”

I thought we were going to spend the next six months having a dumb conversation about whether Romney’s too rich and square and “out of touch” to get the economy back on track. But no, between this and the mind-numbingly stupid Seamus attacks, we’re actually going to have a dumb conversation about whether Romney was some sort of psycho several decades ago. So maybe it is worth pushing back, just because there’s apparently more water left in this story still to be carried for O.

Since our media is terrible and juvenile and therefore, to a great extent, so is our politics, I guess we have to play ball and note the instances of bullying, some petty and some a bit less so, in O’s book. Luckily he grew up, matured, and learned a valuable lesson: When you want to push someone around, get one of your political cronies to do it for you so that you can stay “above the fray” and “post-partisan.” Take a memo, Mitt.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Did they mention the part where King Obama broke a boys arm or the girl he bullied and pushed?

JPeterman on May 10, 2012 at 6:40 PM

Obama broke that poor girl’s heart by what he did. Scars like that last forever. He was so evil to do that and therefore he must still be evil now. Is that how it goes?

And somebody explain to me how Obama broke another kids arm by tickling them? That smells fishy to me. WaPo should get on taht story and report the facts!

dogsoldier on May 10, 2012 at 6:48 PM

lol

Del Dolemonte on May 10, 2012 at 6:30 PM

omg, lol.

ffs.

sesquipedalian on May 10, 2012 at 6:32 PM

Click the “sesquipedalian” button to preview your comment here.

Del Dolemonte on May 10, 2012 at 6:48 PM

this is what will be front and center in Sept Oct

Bain Capital and the laid off little guy

clocking in at a short 28 minutes

here’s another

this ones more concise at 2:20

Romney needs lots of ads talking with normal people that benefitted from his company – Companies that expanded, people hired, towns vibrant.

He needs this slicked up and ready for a swift rebuttal

audiotom on May 10, 2012 at 6:49 PM

I hope you weren’t ever on the recieving end of kill Haole day. We lived there for four years through the Army. We loved it, but one of the reason we never went back is that we had kids, and blond eyed,blue eyed kids are not treated well in certain places.

Yeah I am famiiar with Punahou.. I can’t believe anyone believes the meme that Obama was just a poor boy born to a single mother.

melle1228 on May 10, 2012 at 6:47 PM

A neighbor of mine attended Punahou and her Family were millionaires.And yes she was blond and blue eyed and yes she was treated differently.

sandee on May 10, 2012 at 6:50 PM

Good call. That’s what I do when my bank account is overdrawn–throw a few more steak dinners on the ol’ Amex. Maybe a Hawaiian vacation or two.

Kataklysmic on May 10, 2012 at 6:44 PM

I have $5,000 in credit card debt, can you tell me how increasing my spending is going to get that debt paid off?

JPeterman on May 10, 2012 at 6:45 PM

since there’s no way you could spend all of your debt back at your current income level, the sensible thing to do is to invest into something so later on you’ll be in a much stronger position. cutting spending will not do anything to help, it’ll drag us further down!

why do you hate America?

sesquipedalian on May 10, 2012 at 6:50 PM

DBear on May 10, 2012 at 5:53 PM

Your nieces and nephews would be better off reading this, DBear:

Victor Vashi is a wonderful resource for those who want to learn about the “utopia” the Democrats and their OWS sock puppets have in store for us.

Punchenko on May 10, 2012 at 6:50 PM

A friend of mine in high school use to think it was hilarious to rub two coins together while in the library- it made the librarian’s hearing aids go crazy- great fun to watch her slap at her ears. Same friend also liked to pour formaldehyde from biology lessons into the biology teachers fermenting fruit jars- something that teacher claimed to actually take home and eat over ice cream.

I know- they’re hideous things, but they were done by a high school girl who is now a Presbyterian pastor. Kids do dumb stuff in high school- and anyone who didn’t probably didn’t have much fun.

BettyRuth on May 10, 2012 at 6:51 PM

since there’s no way you could pay

sesquipedalian on May 10, 2012 at 6:51 PM

JPeterman on May 10, 2012 at 6:45 PM

Obama has Obama money in his stash and he will pay for your gas and mortgage…..now if you are not black or a marxist moron, you are scroomed !

burrata on May 10, 2012 at 6:52 PM

JPeterman on May 10, 2012 at 6:45 PM

tdpwells has the answer:

invest some of that hard-earned credit in some green initiatives and maybe a high-speed rail or two. That’s paying off big time for Obama & Co.

tdpwells on May 10, 2012 at 6:47 PM

Also, hire some SEIU thugs to go shout at that neighbor you don’t like. Somehow it will reduce your debt.

Kataklysmic on May 10, 2012 at 6:52 PM

dieudonne on May 10, 2012 at 6:38 PM

Translated: “I read the same Hate Story angryed did and fell for it too.”

Del Dolemonte on May 10, 2012 at 6:53 PM

this is what will be front and center in Sept Oct

Bain Capital and the laid off little guy

clocking in at a short 28 minutes
audiotom on May 10, 2012 at 6:49 PM

That is old news brought to you Newt Gingrich back in January and discussed over and over and debunked by even the people who were in the video, along with the WSJ and the NYT.

JPeterman on May 10, 2012 at 6:53 PM

well, since republicans were hoping to spend to next few months talking about what obama did as an 8-year old and his college girlfriends, it serves you right that we end up talking about romney’s hate crimes when he was a homophobic high school bully.

sesquipedalian on May 10, 2012 at 5:41 PM

Actually we are very focused on the economy, but frequently Zero provides us with comic relief.

I wonder how many more of WaPo’s sources are fake?

dogsoldier on May 10, 2012 at 6:53 PM

why do you hate America?

sesquipedalian on May 10, 2012 at 6:50 PM

Krugman is that you? Since all those green energy companies are now bankrupt, I’d like to “invest” in adult diapers.

Kataklysmic on May 10, 2012 at 6:55 PM

Del Dolemonte on May 10, 2012 at 6:37 PM

melle1228 on May 10, 2012 at 6:47 PM

Yes, I was victimized by Kill Haole Day the first year I was there (4th grade) but by the time the 5th grade school year ended I was good friends with the racist Democrats kids who beat me up.

My Uncle taught at Punahou in the early 1950s. Even then it was an very elite place.

Del Dolemonte on May 10, 2012 at 6:56 PM

We can’t talk about Obama’s college days, but Romney’s high school days are relevant. I don’t what the guy did in high school. My friends need JOBS, and Obama can’t get it done.

teacherman on May 10, 2012 at 6:57 PM

why do you hate America?

sesquipedalian on May 10, 2012 at 6:50 PM

In others words, you have no answer and are full of crap.

Why would you think I hate America?

JPeterman on May 10, 2012 at 6:58 PM

why do you hate America?

sesquipedalian on May 10, 2012 at 6:50 PM

Kataklysmic on May 10, 2012 at 6:55 PM

If I wasn’t a veteran of Captain’s Quarters and already knew, I would swear sequi was bayam.

But both of them posted silly stuff there too, so I know it’s 2 separate Krugmans.

Del Dolemonte on May 10, 2012 at 6:59 PM

This dem strategy is literally pathetic. I predict that within the next 5-8 days that Obama will implode.

Hopefully he’ll do it in mid-sentence while readifying us about the virtues of being a homo.

At least he’s out of the closet. Maybe now his beard can return to Chicago…

Key West Reader on May 10, 2012 at 7:00 PM

Kataklysmic on May 10, 2012 at 6:52 PM

I like you idea better of buying a few more steak dinners and a trip to Hawaii!

JPeterman on May 10, 2012 at 7:01 PM

why do you hate America?

sesquipedalian on May 10, 2012 at 6:50 PM

I have an idea. Let’s invest it in SOLAR.

Chuck Schick on May 10, 2012 at 7:02 PM

Who are you to judge whether or not his apology is sincere or not?

tdpwells on May 10, 2012 at 6:41 PM

I believe the standard for most conservatives – at least when a liberal is talking – is that saying you are sorry if anyone was offended rather than saying what you did was wrong and you regret it is a non-apology. Ditto for other facets of the apology.

As far as what he should do – acknowledge flatly that it happened, say it was wrong, and say his character has changed. Simple honesty isn’t hard.

I don’t like Democrats doing petty crap like this. Why should I give a Republican a pass?

You know I am about as far as a Mittbot as there is, but this story is silly. The man in his 60′s and the ONLY person he needs to apologize to is the one he did it to, and we don’t know that he didn’t.

Many of us were douches at 16. Most 16 years old are.

melle1228 on May 10, 2012 at 6:44 PM

I’m not asking for an apology. I’m asking that if he is going to respond to this at all that he not over tepid semi-excuses (“He was closeted. I didn’t know.”. – How does that excuse the behavior?) and non-apology “I’m sorry if anyone was offended…”

Either it was wrong and you express regret or you don’t talk about it.

dieudonne on May 10, 2012 at 7:03 PM

I have an idea. Let’s invest it in SOLAR.

Chuck Schick on May 10, 2012 at 7:02 PM

let’s invest in poor people.

sesquipedalian on May 10, 2012 at 7:07 PM

and non-apology “I’m sorry if anyone was offended…”

Either it was wrong and you express regret or you don’t talk about it.

dieudonne on May 10, 2012 at 7:03 PM

So when is Hussein sincerely apologizing for his sponsors ( Maher, Letterman, Griffin, Bernhardt, Emmanuel, etc etc ) calling Sarah Palin and her children all kinds of filthy names ?

burrata on May 10, 2012 at 7:08 PM

let’s invest in poor people.

sesquipedalian on May 10, 2012 at 7:07 PM

What would be the return on that investment ?

burrata on May 10, 2012 at 7:10 PM

let’s invest in poor people.

sesquipedalian on May 10, 2012 at 7:07 PM

You mean making them depressed by preventing them from being able to affect their own outcomes?

Count to 10 on May 10, 2012 at 7:10 PM

What would be the return on that investment ?

burrata on May 10, 2012 at 7:10 PM

less poor people.

sesquipedalian on May 10, 2012 at 7:11 PM

let’s invest in poor people.

sesquipedalian on May 10, 2012 at 7:07 PM

I agree. Somebody needs to pay for this

Keep the Change.

Key West Reader on May 10, 2012 at 7:12 PM

That is true, but I wouldn’t expect anyone in their 60′s to apologize to the media for something they did as a kid.

Either it was wrong and you express regret or you don’t talk about it.

I don’t think he should have apologized at all. I said above I think or on another thread that his response should have been ” it was wrong and stupid, but I was a kid and kids do stupid stuff” and leave it at that. Most rational people know that all kids do stupid stuff especially those of us who have teens and pre-teens or can remember being one myself.

melle1228 on May 10, 2012 at 7:13 PM

let’s invest in poor people.

sesquipedalian on May 10, 2012 at 7:07 PM

Send me a prospectus. All of my current data indicates they are a bad investment. The good ones already became wealthy through their own work ethic and without any help.

Let’s invest in failing public schools. I hear throwing money at them brings gangbuster returns.

Kataklysmic on May 10, 2012 at 7:13 PM

less poor people.

sesquipedalian on May 10, 2012 at 7:11 PM

Really? So what’s up with that darn War on Poverty? It’s been going on 5 decades already and it’s cost tens of trillions.

Chuck Schick on May 10, 2012 at 7:15 PM

Count to 10 on May 10, 2012 at 7:10 PM

not handouts, investment.

sesquipedalian on May 10, 2012 at 7:15 PM

less poor people.

sesquipedalian on May 10, 2012 at 7:11 PM

Really ?
Incentivizing poverty will result in less poverty ?
Is that what they tell you when they send you your shipment of lotion ?

burrata on May 10, 2012 at 7:16 PM

burrata on May 10, 2012 at 7:08 PM

Firstly, this response response seems to be little more than an attempt at deflection. Please don’t feel singled out for that. Most of the first page responses were deflections.

Secondly, You apologize for your own actions – not the actions of others. That’s a kindergarten basic.

The only logical response for Obama in the example you provide is to criticize the rhetoric. He did. People were unsatisfied. Rinse and repeat.

dieudonne on May 10, 2012 at 7:16 PM

Kataklysmic on May 10, 2012 at 7:13 PM

well the state of tennessee was a bad investment, i agree with that.

sesquipedalian on May 10, 2012 at 7:17 PM

Tin foil hat time: I wonder if Bill Ayers wrote this fiction for WaPo at the bequest of David Axelrod. Perhaps taking an experience he might have had at Lake Forest Academy and projecting that on to Romney?

He was probably blonde in those days and probably wore his hair longer than was usual for a prep school. More to the point: It wouldn’t surprise me in the least to learn he’d been harassed for being an all around douche.

As for Romney saying he never thought of classmates in terms of being gay, I can attest to that. I’m a boomer, and went to all-girls NYC prep school and I was clueless about teh gays. I was too busy dating boys to notice what the other girls were up to, and in those days it wasn’t something one paraded around.

Buy Danish on May 10, 2012 at 7:18 PM

this is what will be front and center in Sept Oct

Bain Capital and the laid off little guy

clocking in at a short 28 minutes

here’s another

this ones more concise at 2:20

He needs this slicked up and ready for a swift rebuttal

audiotom on May 10, 2012 at 6:49 PM

It fell flat the first time that came out (with Newt’s support, no less!). If the MSM are stupid enough to trot out that meme, then let them. At that point, it’s merely preaching to the choir.

I also doubt that there’s a huge groundswell of voters that will be in hibernation until September. Not after the primaries were thrown right at our face for several months.

Myron Falwell on May 10, 2012 at 7:18 PM

This just reveals to me that the media, itself, needs to grow the h@ll up.

WWBrietbartD ???

Such sickening BS that passes for news/reporting of important things !!

Stoooopid!!

pambi on May 10, 2012 at 7:19 PM

What would be the return on that investment ?
burrata on May 10, 2012 at 7:10 PM
less poor people.
sesquipedalian on May 10, 2012 at 7:11 PM

Cause the only reason they were poor was because they didn’t have money, right? And when they become poor again, give them more money??

ajsleepy on May 10, 2012 at 7:19 PM

sesquipedalian on May 10, 2012 at 7:17 PM

Under Barack Obama, there are tens of millions now on food stamps.

Progress!

/Cloward Piven all the way FORWARD!

Key West Reader on May 10, 2012 at 7:20 PM

not handouts, investment.

sesquipedalian on May 10, 2012 at 7:15 PM

So then- NOT what Obama’s doing, right?

Chuck Schick on May 10, 2012 at 7:20 PM

Buy Danish on May 10, 2012 at 7:18 PM

To answer that, you first have to ask yourself, “is David Astroturf really THAT smart?”

Myron Falwell on May 10, 2012 at 7:21 PM

Count to 10 on May 10, 2012 at 7:10 PM

not handouts, investment.

sesquipedalian on May 10, 2012 at 7:15 PM

Yeah, we saw how well Democrat President LBJ’s “investment” in New Orleans turned out in 2005 when his pride and joy, the 9th Ward, was exposed for the whole world to see.

Del Dolemonte on May 10, 2012 at 7:21 PM

Buy Danish on May 10, 2012 at 7:18 PM

OMG, I agree with you too today. This day is def. historic :)

melle1228 on May 10, 2012 at 7:21 PM

Wow, such arrogance… At fundraiser, Obama said Mitt Romney is a patriot, but learned the wrong lessons from his life experiences.

debg on May 10, 2012 at 7:21 PM

not handouts, investment.

sesquipedalian on May 10, 2012 at 7:15 PM

Lemme get this straight… No money, deep in debt, and you suggest INVESTING ??
With what ???
Oh, borrowed $$$$.
Perfect sense.
Nevermind.

pambi on May 10, 2012 at 7:22 PM

let’s invest in poor people.

sesquipedalian on May 10, 2012 at 7:07 PM

I agree. Somebody needs to pay for this

Keep the Change.

Key West Reader on May 10, 2012 at 7:12 PM

Whassamatta-U?

Welfailure got your tongue? You want hard working peeps to continue investing in this? Where’s the return on investment? What will happen to her children?

…..

Progressive thought is a growth retardant.

Key West Reader on May 10, 2012 at 7:23 PM

Under Barack Obama, there are tens of millions now on food stamps.

Progress!

/Cloward Piven all the way FORWARD!

Key West Reader on May 10, 2012 at 7:20 PM

i know, it’s disgraceful, bush’s worst legacy. after iraq.

sesquipedalian on May 10, 2012 at 7:23 PM

i know, it’s disgraceful, bush’s worst legacy. after iraq.

sesquipedalian on May 10, 2012 at 7:23 PM

Knocked ye on yer azz, huh? Unable to think?

Read your post.

Key West Reader on May 10, 2012 at 7:25 PM

They have had this story for a while and have held until a big issue came up for Obama. It is a diversion.

tomas on May 10, 2012 at 7:27 PM

Del Dolemonte on May 10, 2012 at 7:21 PM

indeed. of course, if it wasn’t for federal largesse, you’d need a passport to go to new orleans.

sesquipedalian on May 10, 2012 at 7:28 PM

i know, it’s disgraceful, bush’s worst legacy. after iraq.

sesquipedalian on May 10, 2012 at 7:23 PM

Written just for you

Psst.. sounds like Paul McCartney so it’s a must watch!

Key West Reader on May 10, 2012 at 7:29 PM

Myron Falwell on May 10, 2012 at 7:21 PM

Yes he is. He’s the ultimate smear master. Remember he worked for the Chicago Sun Times so he had access to stories, and he was the person who leaked the trash about Obama’s Senate opponent, Jack Ryan’s divorce, and this won O the election.

Buy Danish on May 10, 2012 at 7:30 PM

In other words,
Hussein supports his feces flinging sponsors

Do they teach that in Indonesia because Hussein has his goons in the media always yapping about how Rs should apologize for everything said by Rush and others.

dieudonne on May 10, 2012 at 7:16 PM

Obama and logic…2 words that do not belong together in the same sentence :D..Obama and thuggery , Obama and liar –these are the correct pairings.
Anyway , when did Obama criticize the hateful and violent rhetoric from his goons ? He has not said a word about blacks beating whites to avenge his son’s death . He was giggling like a 6 yr old schoolgirl when Wanda Sykes was screeching for Rush’s kidneys to fail, right in front of him at a WHCD . He was nodding in support when union thug wanted to take out TEA Party sons of bit^^es. He tells mexicans to punish their enemies i e American people and he
riles up his idiots to bring guns to fight hardworking American people. He is a deeply sadistic vindictive thug and no one has apologized to us for that .

burrata on May 10, 2012 at 7:30 PM

not handouts, investment.

sesquipedalian on May 10, 2012 at 7:15 PM

Please, do elaborate. Every “investment” proposed by you liberals is a handout.

Scrappy on May 10, 2012 at 7:32 PM

Never forget who Axelrod is. As told by Ann Coulter:

One month before the 2004 Democratic primary for the U.S. Senate, Obama was way down in the polls, about to lose to Blair Hull, a multimillionaire securities trader.

But then The Chicago Tribune — where Axelrod used to work — began publishing claims that Hull’s second ex-wife, Brenda Sexton, had sought an order of protection against him during their 1998 divorce proceedings.

From then until Election Day, Hull was embroiled in fighting the allegation that he was a “wife beater.” He and his ex-wife eventually agreed to release their sealed divorce records. His first ex-wife, daughters and nanny defended him at a press conference, swearing he was never violent. During a Democratic debate, Hull was forced to explain that his wife kicked him and he had merely kicked her back.

Hull’s substantial lead just a month before the primary collapsed with the nonstop media attention to his divorce records. Obama sailed to the front of the pack and won the primary. Hull finished third with 10 percent of the vote.

Luckily for Axelrod, Obama’s opponent in the general election had also been divorced.

The Republican nominee was Jack Ryan, a graduate of Dartmouth and Harvard law and business schools, who had left his lucrative partnership at Goldman Sachs to teach at an inner-city school on the South Side of Chicago.

But in a child custody dispute some years earlier, Ryan’s ex-wife, Hollywood sex kitten Jeri Lynn Ryan, had alleged that, while the couple was married, Jack had taken her to swingers clubs in Paris and New York.

Jack Ryan adamantly denied the allegations. In the interest of protecting their son, he also requested that the records be put permanently under seal.

Axelrod’s courthouse moles obtained the “sealed” records and, in no time, they were in the hands of every political operative in Chicago. Knowing perfectly well what was in the records, Chicago Tribune attorneys flew to California and requested that the court officially “unseal” them — over the objections of both Jack and Jeri Ryan.

Your honor, who knows what could be in these records!

A California judge ordered them unsealed, which allowed newspapers to publish the salacious allegations, and four days later, Ryan dropped out of the race under pressure from idiot Republicans (who should be tracked down and shot).

Buy Danish on May 10, 2012 at 7:35 PM

let’s invest in poor people.

sesquipedalian on May 10, 2012 at 7:07 PM

Great idea. That’s a commodity that the left will always keep valuable..at least during campaign years…er…cycles.

Don L on May 10, 2012 at 7:36 PM

Please, do elaborate. Every “investment” proposed by you liberals is a handout.

Scrappy on May 10, 2012 at 7:32 PM

Allow me.

Every “investment” equals two votes. Maybe 10. Just vote D and you’ll get $10, a free 7-11 slurpee and a re-load on your EBT card.

/I was raised by welfare rats. It is my mission in this life to liberate as many as I can. It is also my duty as an American. Anyone on long term welfare is nothing but a slave.

Key West Reader on May 10, 2012 at 7:36 PM

Knocked ye on yer azz, huh? Unable to think?

Read your post.

Key West Reader on May 10, 2012 at 7:25 PM

in january 2009, we lost almost 600,000 jobs, the worst month in 36 years. but obama had to pay their unemployment benefits, their food stamps and medical care, adding to the debt that now you’re blaming him for. it’s bush’s and his party’s legacy, and i don’t care if you admit it or not, the numbers speak for themselves.

sesquipedalian on May 10, 2012 at 7:37 PM

not handouts, investment.

sesquipedalian on May 10, 2012 at 7:15 PM

…CLEAR THE BOARDS…HOLD ANY MORE THREADS!!!
…This should be good!…T A L K …T O…U S ! ! !

KOOLAID2 on May 10, 2012 at 7:38 PM

Buy Danish on May 10, 2012 at 7:35 PM

You know the irony of that? She ended up marrying Fred Thompson.

Key West Reader on May 10, 2012 at 7:38 PM

this is what will be front and center in Sept Oct

Bain Capital and the laid off little guy

clocking in at a short 28 minutes
audiotom on May 10, 2012 at 6:49 PM

JPeterman on May 10, 2012 at 6:53 PM

You should have paid more attention to other stories that had nothing to do with Newt’s ads. A number of companies in CA were interviewed at the time Newt’s ads played and I can’t recall even one of them mention that Bain infusion of capital or buyout were in any way beneficial. They al wished Bain would chose some other company “help”. Did Bain have success stories? Yes, for sure. Did Bain have a good number of non-success stories? Absolutely so. And with enough people to want to speak out.

I don’t think Romany’s camp wants to go in that direction, they do know how it will play out.

riddick on May 10, 2012 at 7:41 PM

sesquipedalian on May 10, 2012 at 7:37 PM

Are you FARKING kidding me? Obama doesn’t pay for this, I and my fellow tax paying citizens pay for the so called safety net that has become a lazy man’s hammock since Obama was elected.

There used to be an element of shame in living off of your neighbor’s blood sweat and tears.

I would never take or ask for anything I did not work for. I was raised in a den of life long welfare rats. It is people like YOU that encourage them to be tethered to the slave pole.

You need to re-think your positions because if you think “Obama” had to pay, you are either insane or simply stupid.

My hope is that you’re simply misinformed.

Get your hands out of my paycheck, dammit.

Key West Reader on May 10, 2012 at 7:41 PM

sesquipedalian on May 10, 2012 at 7:37 PM

The numbers do speak for themselves. Fixing a debt bubble with a far bigger debt bubble does not promote growth.

Chuck Schick on May 10, 2012 at 7:43 PM

This is the second story on this today. At first I thought it was just a stupid high school prank, but now I’m convinced it’s a serious pattern of behavior.

No, I’m not really serious. But I guarantee if it gets talked about enough, more people will take it seriously. Maybe that’s the plan.

tom on May 10, 2012 at 7:44 PM

iraq.

sesquipedalian on May 10, 2012 at 7:23 PM

That war was approved happily by our current Democrat Secretary of State, who based her vote not on what Bush told her but what her own husband’s intel people told her.

You know, the same intel people Clinton used to give his successor 9/11.

You must be so proud of them both.

Del Dolemonte on May 10, 2012 at 7:44 PM

Del Dolemonte on May 10, 2012 at 7:21 PM

sesquipedalian on May 10, 2012 at 7:28 PM

Translated: “I’ve never been to New Orleans myself, but I know what I’m talking about anyway!”

lol

Del Dolemonte on May 10, 2012 at 7:45 PM

T A L K …T O…U S ! ! !

KOOLAID2 on May 10, 2012 at 7:38 PM

public schools? STEM education? large-scale infrastructure projects? do let’s talk.

sesquipedalian on May 10, 2012 at 7:47 PM

sesquipedalian on May 10, 2012 at 7:37 PM

Your party totally controlled Congress from 2007 until 2011.

But you knew that, of course.

D- (D for Democrat)

Del Dolemonte on May 10, 2012 at 7:48 PM

You know the irony of that? She ended up marrying Fred Thompson.

Key West Reader on May 10, 2012 at 7:38 PM

You sure about that? Jeri Ryan is married to a French chef in Los Angeles. Not sure who Fred is married to, but certainly not that Jeri Ryan (I have met the one in question on business and she is not Fred’s wife, I can assure you of that).

riddick on May 10, 2012 at 7:48 PM

Key West Reader on May 10, 2012 at 7:38 PM

I don’t think they are the same person.

Cindy Munford on May 10, 2012 at 7:49 PM

Buy Danish on May 10, 2012 at 7:30 PM

Trust me. I’ve met scumbags like Astroturf. They are always defeated by their own sense of invincibility. It’s a pattern of behavior I know all too well.

Astroturf is not as smart as you think. He got lucky by being in Chicago, and only succeeded nationally with the combination of a lapdog media and depressed GOP electorate. The playing field is quite different now.

Myron Falwell on May 10, 2012 at 7:49 PM

Key West Reader on May 10, 2012 at 7:41 PM

it was his obligation to pay for those things on your behalf.

sesquipedalian on May 10, 2012 at 7:50 PM

Don’t you love how AP can always find the heartwarming, uplifting moral of the story?

Although, if the lesson is, “Attack by proxy so you can’t be blamed,” let’s not pretend Mitt didn’t learn that lesson pretty well too.

tom on May 10, 2012 at 7:50 PM

Your party totally controlled Congress from 2007 until 2011.

Del Dolemonte on May 10, 2012 at 7:48 PM

president george w. bush, 2000-2008.

keep trying.

sesquipedalian on May 10, 2012 at 7:51 PM

sesquipedalian on May 10, 2012 at 7:47 PM

I noticed “green energy” wasn’t in there!

Chuck Schick on May 10, 2012 at 7:52 PM

Chuck Schick on May 10, 2012 at 7:43 PM

it’s cutting spending that retards growth.

sesquipedalian on May 10, 2012 at 7:53 PM

I noticed “green energy” wasn’t in there!

Chuck Schick on May 10, 2012 at 7:52 PM

attaboy, chuck!

sesquipedalian on May 10, 2012 at 7:54 PM

Key West Reader on May 10, 2012 at 7:38 PM

I don’t think they are the same person.

Cindy Munford on May 10, 2012 at 7:49 PM

Doh.

My bad!

…. >going to the bad girl corner. Sheesh.

Key West Reader on May 10, 2012 at 7:54 PM

increase spending across the board to help us get out of the slump. stop with the debt fetishism. when we’re growing 5%, we can talk about cutting spending.

sesquipedalian on May 10, 2012 at 6:41 PM

Do you do this with your credit cards? Uncontrolled spending breeds corruption. People should be encouraged to spend the peoples’ money wisely. That is no happening now and hasn’t been happening for a long long time. People need to reminisce about JFK’s inaugural speech. Far to many people are worried about themselves. Debt, ultimately, is not good for anyone.

Cindy Munford on May 10, 2012 at 7:54 PM

it’s cutting spending that retards growth.

sesquipedalian on May 10, 2012 at 7:53 PM

No, its the retards that cut growth (via increased spending).

riddick on May 10, 2012 at 7:55 PM

it’s cutting spending that retards growth.

sesquipedalian on May 10, 2012 at 7:53 PM

Do you not remember the 90′s?

Chuck Schick on May 10, 2012 at 7:55 PM

Key West Reader on May 10, 2012 at 7:54 PM

No bad girl corner, there are obviously too many ‘s to keep track of.

Cindy Munford on May 10, 2012 at 7:55 PM

attaboy, chuck!

sesquipedalian on May 10, 2012 at 7:54 PM

At least you guys learned your lesson. On to other failed boondoggles!

Chuck Schick on May 10, 2012 at 7:56 PM

Has there been any lengthy exposé on BHO’s high school days..?

d1carter

No and why not? Why haven’t BHO’s HS classmates come forward with their anecdotes? And where are his college classmates? What are they afraid of?

Do they have anything to fear? I wonder.

EL

EL on May 10, 2012 at 7:57 PM

it’s cutting spending that retards growth.

sesquipedalian on May 10, 2012 at 7:53 PM

And, there it is.

Do tell. What do you propose we should increase spending on at this point? After Obama has incurred FIVE TRILLION DOLLARS in deficit “spending”?

What in the World should we do at this point?

/Tawk about gay peeps?

Key West Reader on May 10, 2012 at 7:59 PM

Myron Falwell on May 10, 2012 at 7:49 PM

I bet $10,000 smackeroos his fingerprints are all over this.

You know the irony of that? She ended up marrying Fred Thompson.
Key West Reader on May 10, 2012 at 7:38 PM

Wrong Jeri

Buy Danish on May 10, 2012 at 7:59 PM

Why is the sesquipedalian blathering on about spending? What the hell does it have to do with this story?

Buy Danish on May 10, 2012 at 8:02 PM

Do they have anything to fear? I wonder.

EL

EL on May 10, 2012 at 7:57 PM

Probably because they saw what they did to Joe Plumber who just asked him a question. Even if I had a juicy story on him; I would be terrified to get crucified in the media and have my life put on trial.

melle1228 on May 10, 2012 at 8:02 PM

The incident transpired in a flash, and Friedemann said Romney then led his cheering schoolmates back to his bay-windowed room in Stevens Hall.

cam2 on May 10, 2012 at 5:49 PM

And he had a bay-windowed room, too.

Oh, the humanity.

GrannyDee on May 10, 2012 at 8:03 PM

Talk about desperation…

The Notorious G.O.P on May 10, 2012 at 8:05 PM

sesquipedalian on May 10, 2012 at 7:51 PM

I am going to confront you because I want you to THINK.

Who do you think pays for welfare recipients?

Do you think the Federal Government earns money? If so, HOW do you think the Federal Government earns its money?

I won’t blame you if you don’t/can’t respond. I am asking you to think.

Key West Reader on May 10, 2012 at 8:05 PM

Wrong Jeri.

Buy Danish on May 10, 2012 at 7:59 PM

I know! I already relegated myself to the bad girl corner. Do you want me to go to the garden and eat worms, too?

/jk

:o)

Key West Reader on May 10, 2012 at 8:07 PM

Do you do this with your credit cards?

that analogy doesn’t work.

Uncontrolled spending breeds corruption.

no doubt. good thing nobody’s proposing to do that.

Cindy Munford on May 10, 2012 at 7:54 PM

yes, but if you think that cutting spending across the board now will bring us any closer to paying off our debts, you’re delusional. as i said, let’s get to 5% growth first, then cut spending. after that, if we can keep republicans out of government long enough, we’ll be fine. ;)

sesquipedalian on May 10, 2012 at 8:08 PM

I bet $10,000 smackeroos his fingerprints are all over this.

Buy Danish on May 10, 2012 at 7:59 PM

Fair enough. I just think it’s someone else tied to Obama. Astroturf is such an easy target; there’s little to no way that it could be him – directly.

Rather, look at the trail of all Obama’s Chicago croynies… past and present. A rogue’s gallery, if ever there was one.

Myron Falwell on May 10, 2012 at 8:08 PM

cam2 on May 10, 2012 at 5:49 PM

You know what I’d love to see?

OBAMA’S dorm room at Harvard! I think they have beveled glass. Can you shoot a couple o pics over the internets? Because I’m sure he looked mighty fine standing inside a Harvard or Occidental dorm room smoking a joint and making fun of “Da Man” back in those heavy college days!

/Get back to us, mmm kay?

Key West Reader on May 10, 2012 at 8:10 PM

/jk

:o)

Key West Reader on May 10, 2012 at 8:07 PM

Bad key west, bad key west. C’mon I am sure Fred’s wife is good looking, but she is no Seven of Nine :)

melle1228 on May 10, 2012 at 8:11 PM

Buy Danish on May 10, 2012 at 8:02 PM

because “while we are playing these stupid tit for tat name calling juvenile games, we fail to have our fiscal course righted.”

sesquipedalian on May 10, 2012 at 8:11 PM

/jk

:o)

Key West Reader on May 10, 2012 at 8:07 PM

I sang that song yesterday, for reasons totally unknown. Weird. ;)

Myron Falwell on May 10, 2012 at 8:13 PM

sesquipedalian on May 10, 2012 at 8:08 PM

GOP had congress from 1995 to 2007, which means they controlled spending and taxes. Take any growth, income, metric you want and compare it to the malaise we have now.

Oh, and average deficit was $104 billion. It’s 12-15 TIMES that under Obama and the Democrat’s 2009 budget, which is what we have until they pass a new one.

What’s your answer of course? Spend more.

Chuck Schick on May 10, 2012 at 8:15 PM